from the roomlook up intoo the objective lens

41-44 CCBD
其他类似试题
【高三英语】阅读理解A
microscope is a useful instrument for observing small objects. By producing a
bigger image, the microscope reveals details that are undetectable to the naked
eye(裸眼).
Before using the
microscope, please read the instructions below.
CAUTION: Microscopes are both delicate and
expensive and must be handled with care.
Always carry the microscope with two hands ― one supporting the base and the
other on the arm.
Avoid stretching the wire of the lamp across a walkway.
Keep the stage clean and always use a glass slide for specimens(样本).
avoid crushing the glass slide when focusing, begin with the lens close to the
specimen and gradually back off to focus.
Keep the microscope covered to prevent the dust while it is being stored.
HOW TO USE THE MICROSCOPE:
Plug(接通电源) in the lamp.
Place a sample of what you wish to observe on a slide.
Adjust the mirror so it reflects light from the room up into the objective
lens. When the mirror is correctly adjusted, a complete circle of light will
appear when you look through the eyepiece.
Place your slide with the specimen directly over the center of the glass circle
on the stage. If it is a wet slide, be sure the bottom of the slide is dry.
With the LOW POWER objective lens placed over the slide, use the coarse focus
knob to lower the lens to the lowest point.
Look through the eyepiece with one eye while closing the other eye. Slowly
raise the lens until the focus is relatively clear.
Use the fine focus knob to fine -tune(微调)the focus.
Without changing the focus knobs, switch to the HIGH POWER objective lens. Once
you have switched to HIGH POWER, use only the fine focus knob to make the image
Which of the following is the correct way to use a microscope according to the
one hand to carry the microscope
Place a sample directly on the clean stage
When stored, the microscope should be adjusted.
Look through the eyepiece with one eye.
you want to observe a thin piece of hair, which of the following should you do
Switch to objective lens B. Adjust
the mirror
Look through the eye D. Place the
hair on a glass slide
According to the text, you could see a complete circle of light _____.
after correctly adjusting the mirror
while looking at the specimen on a glass slide
after slowly raising the objective lens
before positioning the mirror correctly
更多类似试题
Copyright ? 2011- Inc. All Rights Reserved. 17教育网站 版权所有 备案号:
站长:朱建新北京市朝阳区2014届高三下学期5月第二次综合练习英语试题_图文_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
高中精品题库
最新高考模拟题
名校精品试卷
北京市朝阳区2014届高三下学期5月第二次综合练习英语试题
||暂无简介
总评分4.1|
浏览量784920
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用5下载券
想免费下载本文?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩16页未读,继续阅读
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢2014朝阳二模英语_图文_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
高中精品题库
最新高考模拟题
名校精品试卷
2014朝阳二模英语
上传于||文档简介
&&英​语​二​模​ 04
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用1下载券
想免费下载本文?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩6页未读,继续阅读
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢当前位置:
>>>A microscope is a useful instrument for observing small obje..
A microscope is a useful instrument for observing small objects. By producing a bigger image, the microscope reveals details that are undetectable to the naked eye(裸眼).Before using the microscope, please read the instructions below.CAUTION: Microscopes are both delicate and expensive and must be handled with care.1. Always carry the microscope with two hands — one supporting the base and the other on the arm.2. Avoid stretching the wire of the lamp across a walkway.3. Keep the stage clean and always use a glass slide for specimens(样本).4. To avoid crushing the glass slide when focusing, begin with the lens close to the specimen and gradually back off to focus.5. Keep the microscope covered to prevent the dust while it is being stored.HOW TO USE THE MICROSCOPE:1. Plug(接通电源) in the lamp.2. Place a sample of what you wish to observe on a slide.3. Adjust the mirror so it reflects light from the room up into the objective lens. When the mirror is correctly adjusted, a complete circle of light iwll appear when you look through the eyepiece.4. Place your slide with the specimen directly over the center of the glass circle on teh stage. If it is a wet slide, be sure the bottom of the slide is dry.5. With the LOW POWER objective leans placed over the slide, use the coarse focus knob to lower the lens to the lowest point.6. Look through the eyepiece with one eye while closing the other eye. Slowly raise the lens until teh focus is relatively clear.7. Use the fine focus knob to fine -tune(微调)the focus.8. Without changing the focus knobs, switch to the HIGH POWER objective lens. Once you have switched to HIGH POWER, use only the fine focus knob to make the image sharper.小题1:Which of the following is the correct way to use a microscope according to the text?A.Use one hand to carry the microscopeB.Place a sample directly on the clean stageC.When stored, the microscope should be adjusted.D.Look through the eyepiece with one eye.小题2:If you want to observe a thin piece of hair, which of the following should you do first.?A.Switch to objective lens.B.Adjust the mirror.C.Look through the eyepiece.D.Place the hair on a glass slide.小题3:According to the text, you could see a complete circle of light _____.A.after correctly adjusting the mirror B.while looking at the specimen on a glass slideC.after slowly raising the objective lens D.before positioning the mirror correctly
题型:阅读理解难度:中档来源:不详
小题1:D小题2:D小题3:A试题分析:本文主要介绍了显微镜的使用注意事项以及具体如何使用的方法。小题1:D 细节题。根据第6点Look through the eyepiece with one eye while closing the other eye. Slowly raise the lens until teh focus is relatively clear.说明要用单眼来观察,故D正确。小题2:D 细节题。根据第2点Place a sample of what you wish to observe on a slide说明D正确。小题3:A 细节题。根据第3点Adjust the mirror so it reflects light from the room up into the objective lens. When the mirror is correctly adjusted, a complete circle of light iwll appear when you look through the eyepiece.说明调整镜子以后就可以看见了一个完整的圆圈了,故A正确。点评:本文主要介绍了显微镜的使用注意事项以及具体如何使用的方法。本文属于科普类短文,此类文章的最大的障碍是词汇以及考生对阅读内容的不熟悉,需要考生在阅读的时候有足够的耐心。要养成在上下文串联中猜测词义的能力,根据上下文中出现的同义词,近义词,反义词,以及词义的解释来理解生词。同时要抓住文章的中心,不要受其他信息的影响。要根据题目及选项以及文章的上下文串联合理的判断推理。
马上分享给同学
据魔方格专家权威分析,试题“A microscope is a useful instrument for observing small obje..”主要考查你对&&科教类阅读&&等考点的理解。关于这些考点的“档案”如下:
现在没空?点击收藏,以后再看。
因为篇幅有限,只列出部分考点,详细请访问。
科教类阅读
科教类阅读的概念:
科教类阅读主要考查考生对书面语篇的整体领悟能力和接受及处理具体信息的能力。试题的取材,密切联系当前我国和世界经济、科技等方面的变化,有关数据的来源真实可信。科教类文章阅读技巧:
一、材料特点:这类文章的总体特点是:科技词汇多,句子结构复杂,理论性强,逻辑严谨。具体说来它有以下几个特点: 1、文章中词汇的意义比较单一、稳定、简明,不带感情色彩,具有单一性和准确性的特点。这类文章通常不会出现文学英语中采用的排比、比喻、夸张等修辞手法,一词多义的现象也不多见。 2、句子结构较复杂,语法分析较困难。为了描述一个客观事物,严密地表达自己的思想,作者经常会使用集多种语法现象于一体的长句。 3、常使用被动语态,尤其是一些惯用被动句式。二、命题特点:科普类阅读的主要命题形式有事实细节题、词义猜测题、推理判断题以及主旨概括题等,其中推理判断题居多。三、应对策略:1、要想做好科普英语阅读理解题,同学们就要注意平时多读科普知识类文章,学习科普知识,积累常见的科普词汇,从根本上提高科普英语的阅读能力。 2、要熟悉科普类文章的结构特点。科普类文章一般由标题(Head line),导语(Introduction),背景(Back ground),主体(Main body)和结尾(End)五部分构成。标题是文章中心思想高度而又精辟的概括,但根据历年的高考情况来看,这类阅读理解材料一般不给标题,而要同学们选择标题。导语一般位于整篇文章的首段。背景交待一个事实的起因。主体则对导语概括的事实进行详细叙述,这一部分命题往往最多,因此,阅读时,同学们要把这部分作为重点。结尾往往也是中心思想的概括,并与导语相呼应,命题者常在此要设计一道推理判断题。  3、在进行推理判断时,同学们一定要以阅读材料所提供的科学事实为依据,同时所得出的结论还应符合基本的科普常识。科普类阅读应试策略:
【命题趋势】阅读理解题主要考查考生对书面语篇的整体领悟能力和接受及处理具体信息的能力。试题的取材,密切联系当前我国和世界经济、科技等方面的变化,有关数据的来源真实可信。因此科普知识类文章是每年的必考题。分析历年的科普类文章我们不难发现以下特点: 1、文章逻辑性强,条理清楚,语法结构简单,用语通俗。 2、文章内容注重科技领域的新发现。内容新颖,从而使文章显得陌生,内容抽象复杂。 3、命题方面注意对具体细节的准确理解和以之为依据的推理判断。 4、以人们的日常行为或饮食健康入手,探讨利弊,诠释过程,阐述概念。【应试对策】许多考生在考试时感到困惑的是:为什么一些没有超越中学语法和词汇范围的篇章,读起来却不能正确理解,或者要花费很多时间才能读懂呢?这种现象的产生与阅读方法有很大的关系。例如,有的考生在考试时一见到文章就立刻开始读,结果读了半天,还不知道短文讲的是什么,试题要求了些什么,结果浪费了大量的时间,而阅读效果并不好。那么,怎样读效果才好呢?任何一种阅读方法或技巧的使用,都是由篇章特点和试题本身的要求决定的,应根据不同的体裁和试题要求采取不同的策略。 1、浏览。浏览的主要目的就是确定文章的体裁。如果文章属于人物传记、记叙文、故事、科普小品和有关社会文化、文史知识的文章,一般来说,应该先看看文章的试题考查内容,对题目类型做到心中有数,针对不同问题,在通读时有粗有细地去阅读,这样不仅能把握篇章的基本结构和逻辑线索,也能做好有关具体事实信息考查的试题。 2、挖掘寓意,掌握中心思想,推出结论。任何文章,作者在行文时都有一定的写作目的和主要话题。在通读篇章时应该吃透作者的写作意图,抓住文章的主题句,充分发挥自己的想象力和概括力,作出对中心思想的归纳和结论的推断。 3、把握篇章结构,利用上下文进行推测。高考中的阅读理解篇章往往是一个较完整的短文,其结构、思想,前后上下连贯统一。考试时应充分利用这一特点推测一些生词、短语在句中的含义,切莫盲目孤立猜测。 4、综观全篇,前后呼应。这是阅读理解的最后一步,在做完阅读理解题后,要立足于文章整体,再迅速读一遍短文,短文中的问题和答案的设置前后都是相关联的,有着一定的连续性,体现着文章的基本脉络。
发现相似题
与“A microscope is a useful instrument for observing small obje..”考查相似的试题有:
341107373533387859425527339924339317欢迎来到高考学习网,
免费咨询热线:010-
今日:2907套总数:5760236套专访:3211部会员:348765位
当前位置:
& 江苏省盐城中学学年高二下学期5月月考试卷 英语 Word版含答案
江苏省盐城中学学年高二下学期5月月考试卷 英语 Word版含答案
资料类别: /
所属版本: 通用
上传时间:
下载次数:103次
资料类型:月考/阶段
文档大小:381KB
所属点数: 0点
【下载此资源需要登录并付出 0 点,】
资料概述与简介
高二年级随堂练习英语试题 )
第I卷 (选择题 共分)
听力(共两节,满分10分)
第一节(共5小题;每小题0.5分,满分2.5分)
听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
1. What does the man probably want to do?
A. See a movie.
B. Go to a high school.
C. See a doctor.
2. When does Peter plan to leave for Beijing?
A. This weekend.
B. Next month.
C. Next week.
3. Where is the woman going to spend her Mid-Autumn Festival?
A. At her mother’s.
B. At her sister’s.
C. At her brother’s.
4. Where did the girl put her pen last week?
A. On her desk.
B. In the drawer.
C. In the box.
5. When did the man attend the lecture?
A. This afternoon.
B. Yesterday evening.
C. Yesterday afternoon.
第二节(15小题;0.5分,7.5分)
5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,各小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。
听第6段材料,回答第6至7题。
6. What kind of books does the man want to buy?
A. Chinese story books.
B. English story books.
C. Some old books.
7. For whom does the man want to buy the books?
A. For about 8-year-old children.
B. For about 16-year-old children.
C. For about 5-year-old children.
听第7段材料,回答第8至10题。
8. Where does the man work?
A. In a company.
B. In a college.
C. In a hospital.
9. How does the woman get along with her classmates?
A. Very poorly.
B. Just so so.
C. Very well.
10. The woman sometimes feels lonely because ________.
A. she gets on well with classmates
B. she misses her home
C. she misses her good friends
听第8段材料,回答第11至13题。
11. Who is the man that is talking with the woman?
A. A storywriter.
B. A policeman.
C. A reporter.
12. What are the two speakers talking about?
A. A personal robbery.
B. A shop theft.
C. A murder case.
13. When does this conversation take place?
A. At 2 o’clock.
B. At 9 o’clock.
C. At 11 o’clock.
听第9段材料,14至17题。
14. What are the two speakers mainly talking about?
A. When they surf the Internet.
B. What they do on the Internet.
C. How they look up information on the Internet.
15. How often does the man probably surf the Internet?
A. Once a week.
B. Twice a week.
C. A few times a week.
16. What do we know about the man?
A. He gets some help from the Internet.
B. He has never sent e-mails.
C. He shows no interest in the Internet.
17. What’s the man’s favorite hobby?
A. Watching Korean movies.
B. Listening to English songs.
C. Writing real letters with a pen and paper.
听第10段材料,回答第18至20题。
18. Why do many companies use animals when they sell their goods?
A. Because they like animals.
B. Because they want to attract customers.
C. Because animals are big and fast.
19. What do they mean when Americans say wildcat?
A. Wild and natural.
B. Big and rich.
C. Fast and fierce.
20. What does a wildcat bank note mean among Americans?
A. It means the bank note has little or no value.
B. It means the bank note has much value.
C. It means the bank note has a picture of a wildcat on it.
英语知识运用(共两节,满分40分)
单项填空(共40小题, 每小题0.5分,满分20分)
21. The concept of maglev transportation was ______first presented in the mid-20th century and the first commercial maglev train line was put into ______ operation at Birmingham Airport in Britain in 1984.
22. Rescuers raced ______ against time to reach more than 200 miners trapped underground on Wednesday after an explosion and fire at a coal mine in western Turkey.
A. definitely
B. violently
C. desperately
D. delightfully
23. People suffering from AIDS, looked down upon by many, ______ more attention and care from society. Let’s cast away all ______.
A. concerns
B. prejudices
C. discrimination
D. considerations
24. — I haven’t seen Kate at the party.
— If it were not for the fact that she ______ too busy with her work, I ______ her.
A. would invite
B. will invite
C. will invite
D. would invite
25. The French Revolution was successful in______ society of inequality, which had a great effect on many other countries, particularly ______ in Europe.
C. the one
26. Serious bloody conflicts _____ in that country. Only a few journalists _______ the conflicts there.
A. dare to cover
B. dared to cover
C. dare cover
D. dared to covering
27. Linda ___ her parents to support her dream of becoming a tour guide, but her efforts were all ____.
A. in vain
B. in vain
C. in effect
D. in effect
28. ______, I believe, and the riddles raised by the host can be______ without too much difficulty.
A. A solved
B. D settled
C. If you put
worked out
D. As long as you figured out
29. As her brothers,you mustn’t ________ a trick on your sister.
A. cast B. catch
30. The sort of music he listens to varies, but ________ popular music.
A. tends towards
B. tends on
D. tending
31. Francis, who was not only friendly, but also generous, ________born in Kentucky, lived and practiced law in Missouri.
A. although
C. who he was
32.— How many friends will attend your birthday party? Shall I invite Ann to it tomorrow evening?
—Yes. It will be fine if you________.
C. invited
33. The controversy(争论)surrounding missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 has ______ many Chinese tourists, who once saw Malaysia as an attractive holiday destination, ______ elsewhere.
A. looking
C. to look
D. having looked
34. —Well, Jane, what did you want to say when you came in?
—Nothing, just ______.
A. take it easy
B. in case
C. forget it
D. out of question
35. It is a happy, friendly house, with a(an) ______ atmosphere ______ one is pleasantly greeted with a refreshing cup of tea and home-made biscuits.
A. to which
B. for which
36. Positive thinking puts power in our mind to act instead of staying ______ considering the circumstance or the mistake ______.
B. to be made
C. having been made D. had made
37. —Guess what! We’ll have a chance to visit our sister school in Denmark this summer!
—How nice! You ________ a different culture then.
A. will have experienced B. have experienced
C. have been experiencing D. will be experiencing
38. However, at times this balance in nature is_____, resulting in a number of possibly unseen effects.
A. troubled
B. disturbed
C. confused
D. puzzled
39. ______ and they happened to be 40% off that I couldn’t resist ______ them.
A. So beautif to buy
B. So beautif buying
C. The sneake from buying
D. The sneake to have bought
40. Easy as we made it ______ the importance to keep earth in place, some villagers wouldn’t listen.
A. understanding
B. understood
C. to understand
D. to be understood
41. —Has Nancy gone back to her home in the UK?
—Yes. She ______ here only for three days with her friend.
A. had stayed B. stayed
C. has stayed
D. is staying
42. Since Mo Yan won the Nobel Prize in 2012, his fans have been eagerly waiting for his new novels to ______.
A. come out
B. turn out
C. bring out
D. figure out
Never before _______ the famous ancient garden was just a stone’s throw away from the hotel, so out _______.
A. went all they
B. went all they
C. they all went
D. they all went
—I would appreciate it if you could forgive Lucy and be friendly to her as you used to. —______, if only she gave me a sincere apology.
A. By all means B. By no means
C. My pleasure
D. It’s a pleasure
45. Each member of the staff coming to the company for the first time receives a letter in which there are some responsibilities and duties they should not ______.
A. overlook
B. outline
C. predict
46. —______ bargaining is always such great fun?
—Usually people consider it a test to see who can stand their ground longer.
A. What is it that
B. Why is it that C. What it is that
D. Why it is that
47. One third of the Ukrainian population live in the eastern region near Russia and speak Russian, most of them ______ closer to Russia.
A. are feeling B. feel C. feeling D. are felt
48. The record about the massacre (大屠杀) is fairly clear and beyond dispute ______ those activities the Japanese soldiers were involved in.A. in memory of B. with assistance of C. with regard to D. in place of
49. Overloaded with work, school teachers now get far less sleep than they ______.
A. shall B. should C. may D. might
50. Two professors at Harvard University published a study of 3,300 new graduates, looking at ______ their names had any bearing on their academic performance.
A. that B. how C. why D. whether
51. —Did you attend the opening ceremony of The Voice of China last week?
—Sorry! We ________ it, but we had a terrible traffic accident on our way.
A. must have attended
B. must attend
C. could have attended
D. could attend
52. Shapes can be ______ of other rubbish, ______ into the paint and ______ on the card.
A. pressed
B. pressing
C. pressed
D. pressed
53. These regulations the board approved at the meeting yesterday _____ everyone without exception.
A. tend to
B. commit to
C. apply to
D. contribute to
54. Hardly ______ the dormitory the next morning when ______ we had left our map in the room.
A. we realized
B. did we realize
C. we realized
D. did we realize
55. Immediately, the two fall in love with each other. However, Zhu Yintai’s parents demand she ______ another man.
A. be married with
B. marries
D. marry to
56. It was ______ back home after the evening party was over.
A. not until midnight did he go
B. not until midnight that he went
C. until midnight that he didn’t go
D. until midnight when he went
57. Kevin kicked the ball so hard that up ______, higher and higher, until it was a small dot in the sky.
A. fly did it
B. flew it
C. did it fly
D. it flew
58. The first painting Guilin Heights, which ______ several steep hills with the Li River ______ below, ______ over three meters tall.
A. measures
B. measuring
C. measures
D. measuring
59. Modern pop music ______ the folk songs of black Americans ______ in slavery.
A. are held
D. created
60. ?I followed your advice oin how to appreciate Great Expectations, but I still can’t find an effective way to get clear its plot. Why?
?Well, ______.
A. all is well that ends well
B. tno pains, no gains
C. no sweet without sweat
D. one man’s meat is another man’s poison
完形填空(共20小题;每小题1分,满分20分)
阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,从短文后所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
So tired as I was, I bothered myself to open up my cafe shop on the cold morningWith many consumers streaming in, I knew another long business day began. And I had to serve far into the night.
As I rushed among the tables, suddenly, a
asked if I could mind a child. I was quite
but I could tell the man was quite desperate. So I had to make a
with him that if he wanted his son to stay and wait for him, he had to
something in the shop.
This was quite
65 I could
he was quite poor by the
he was dressed. It looked as if he had tried to come in his
clothes. But they still looked a bit old and worn out
he had often worn them, just to make himself look best. Looking down I could see his
were also a bit torn and the heels were in a terrible state. I thought he was going for a job interview. In the end he bought a small box of
for his little son and seated him down in the corner. I could tell the boy was feeling down and only could
with a bit of cheering up.
Seeing that the kid sat there for quite a while, I was a bit
as the poor little kid was sitting
his own. People watched him and some kids even came over to pick on him. I was
to see one of them even knocked his cookies off the table. He quickly went and got them back without saying a word. I was hoping his father would
up and come back for his son's
At closing time, the only person left was the little boy. After a while, the father finally came in with a tiresome look. I
he didn't get any job. As they were leaving, I offered the kid a little cake, but the man rejected it. I
he felt as if I had just abused him. Of course I didn't mean to. But I could understand why he felt like that. I only wished them good
whatever happened.
The man opened the door to leave-father and son hand in hand.A.voice
C.noise D.tune.A.pleased
B.frightened
C.annoyed D.interested
.A.deal B.decision C.promise D.date
.A.leave B.buy C.do D.eat
.A.easy B.natural C.hard D.possible
.A.explain B.prove C.think D.tell
.A.manner
B.means C.method D.way
.A.poorest B.best C.prettiest D.oldest
.A.even though B.so that C.as if D.now that
.A.socks B.gloves C.pants D.shoes
.A.sweets B.cookies C.cigarettes D.cakes
.A.laugh B.speak C.do D.help
.A.relaxed B.nervous C.satisfied D.worried
.A.on B.of C.by D.for
.A.touched B.disappointed C.astonished D.excited
.A.hurry B.give C.turn D.run
.A.chance B.benefit C.future D.job
.A.hoped B.imagined C.doubted D.guessed
.A.clarified
B.assumed C.confused D.ignored
.A.luck B.progress C.supper D.night
阅读理解(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
Proper Care and Use of a Microscope
A microscope is a useful instrument for observing small objects. It shows people the details that are undetectable when they observe with their own eyes. Before using the microscope, please read the instruction below.
Microscopes are both delicate and expensive, and must be handled with care.
1. Always carry the microscope with two hands—one supporting the base and the other on the arm.
2. Keep the stage clean and always use a glass slide for specimens, the things tested or examined.
3. To avoid pressing the glass slide when focusing, begin with the lens (镜头) close to the specimen and gradually back off to focus.
4. Keep the microscope covered to prevent the buildup of dust while it is being stored.
How to Use the Microscope:
1. Plug in the lamp.
2. Place a specimen on a slide.
3. Adjust the mirror so it reflects light from the room up into the objective lens.
4. Place your slide with the specimen directly over the center of the glass circle on the stage. If it is a wet slide, be sure the bottom of the slide is dry.
5. With the LOW POWER objective lens placed over the slide, use the coarse focus knob(粗准焦螺旋)to lower the lens to the lowest point.
6. Look through the eyepiece with one eye while closing the other eye. Slowly raise the lens until the focus is relatively clear.
7. Use the fine focus knob to make very small changes to the focus.
8. Without changing the focus knobs, switch to the HIGH POWER objective lens. Once you have
switched to HIGH POWER, use only the fine focus knob to make the image sharper.
81. When using a microscope, you should use a glass slide for specimens to ______.
A. keep the stage clean
B. avoid pressing the lens
C. prevent the buildup of dust
D. support the base and the arm
82. When observing onion cells on a slide, which of the following should you do first?
A. Lower the lens.
B. Adjust the mirror.
C. Turn the fine focus knob.
D. Look through the eyepiece.
83. What is the main purpose of this passage?
A. To show the reader the various parts of a microscope.
B. To persuade the reader to buy this type of microscope.
C. To instruct the reader how to use a microscope with care.
D. To show the reader some advantages of using a microscope.
When I first entered college, I was afraid that I was not “up to it”. I was afraid of being away from my family for the first time. Here I would have to make friends with strange people and perhaps also compete with them for grades in courses I would take. Were they smarter than I was? Could I keep up with them? Would they accept me?
I soon learned that my life was now up to me. I had to set a study program if I were to succeed in my courses. I had to regulate the time I spent in my study and socializing. I had to decide when to go to bed, what to eat, and with whom to be friendly. These questions I had to answer for myself.
At first, life was rough. I made mistakes in how I used my time. I also made mistakes in how I chose my first friends in college. Shortly, however, I had my life under control. I managed to get myself to class on time, do my homework and hand them in, and pass my first exams with satisfying grades. In addition, I developed a circle of friends with whom I felt comfortable and could share my fears. I set up my own routine, one that really met my needs.
As a result, I began to look upon myself from a different perspective (视角). I began to see myself as a person responsible for myself and responsible for my friends and family. It felt good to make decisions and see them turn out to be wise ones. I guess this is what people call “growing up”.
What did life have in store for me? At that stage in my life, I was really uncertain where I would go and what I would do with the years ahead of me. But I knew I would be able to handle what was ahead because I had successfully overcome the major problem in my life: I had made the change from a person dependent on his family to a person who was responsible for himself.
84. The author was anxious about his college life at first because ______.
A. he hated to get on with strangers
B. he was at a loss in the new surroundings
C. he lacked some specialist knowledge
D. he was afraid of making mistakes in front of others
85. We can learn from the author’s early experience at college that ______.
A. he got used to the new life without much trouble
B. he lost the ability to handle things independently
C. he came to realize he should be in charge of his own business
D. he was a failure in many aspects except in school performance
86. The author’s college life finally brought him a sense that ______.
A. he became a person caring for others
B. he was smarter than his fellow students
C. he brought confidence back in making decisions
D. he could deal with his personal matters independently
87. Which is the best title for the passage?
A. Memories of My Time in College
B. College: A Turning Point in My Life
C. My Colorful College Life D. College Life Brings Me Pressure
How Much Exercise Do I Need?
When it comes to exercise, less is not more—but it’s certainly better than none. Physical inactivity accounts for as many as 23 percent of all deaths from major chronic (慢性的) diseases, yet almost one of every three Americans is sedentary (spending a lot of time sitting down). According to the Centers for Disease Control, 29.4 percent of those surveyed report they have no free-time physical activity at all. City people tend to be more active than country folks, with 27.4 percent saying they are sedentary, compared with 36.6 percent of those in rural areas.
Light activity can improve physical and mental well-being. While light activity is good, moderate (not very large or very small) activity is even better, and health experts encourage everyone to have at least 30 minutes a day of moderate physical activity. But you don’t have to head to a gym. As recent studies have confirmed, “lifestyle” activities, such as walking, house cleaning and gardening, are as effective as a structured exercise program in improving heart function, lowering blood pressure and keeping or losing weight.
In one study, overweight, sedentary middle-aged men and women who learned behavioral skills to make them more physically active, such as walking around airports or train stations while waiting for a departure, reduced their body fat percentage and improved their blood pressure and heart function as much as individuals participating in structured programs at a fitness center. In another study, fat women ranging in age from 21 to 60 who adopted a more active lifestyle lost as much weight as women in a low-impact aerobics (有氧健身) program—and regained fewer pounds in the following year.
Recognizing the value of different levels and types of activity, the American College of Sports Medicine has changed its recommendations on quantity and quality of exercise to include flexibility as well as aerobic and muscle exercise and to acknowledge that multiple short periods of exercise during the day are nearly as beneficial as one long session.
88. By saying that almost one third of Americans are sedentary, the author means ______.
A. they take proper exercise to be healthy
B. they know nothing about light activity
C. they are very fond of physical activity
D. they take little free-time physical activity
89. We can learn from the passage that ______.
A. light activity is especially good for the middle-aged people
B. people like light activity because it won’t make them feel tired
C. people only need to do light activity three times a week to keep fit
D. light activity promotes people’s well-being physically and mentally
90. What do health experts suggest about moderate activity?
A. No less than half an hour’s moderate activity daily can do us good.
B. Moderate activity is no better than light activity to people.
C. “Lifestyle” activities don’t belong to moderate activity.
D. People may go to the gym to take moderate activity.
91. According to the passage, which of the following belongs to a structured exercise program?
A. Doing gymnastics at a gym. B. Taking outdoor activities.
C. Walking. D. Gardening.
Is Positive Thinking Powerful?
The $11 billion self-help industry is built on the idea that you should turn negative thoughts like “I never do anything right” into positive ones like “I can succeed”. But was the positive thinking advocate Norman Vincent Peale right? Is there power in positive thinking?
Researchers in Canada just published a study in Psychological Science that says trying to get people to think more positively can actually have the opposite effect: it can simply stress how unhappy they are. The study’s authors, Joanne Wood and John Lee of the University of Waterloo and Elaine Perunovic of the University of New Brunswick, begin by using older research showing that when people get feedback which they believe is overly positive, they actually feel worse, not better. If you tell your friend who is not very clever that he has the potential of an Einstein, you’re just underlining his faults. In the 1990s, a team including psychologist Joel Cooper of Princeton conducted an experiment. The participants were asked to write essays opposing financial support for the disabled, expressing little sympathy for them. When these participants were later praised for their sympathy, they felt even worse about what they had written.
In this experiment, Wood, Lee and Perunovic measured 68 students’ self-respect. The participants were then asked to write down their thoughts and feelings for four minutes. Every 15 seconds, one group of students heard a bell. When it rang, they were supposed to tell themselves, “I am lovable.” Those with low self-respect didn’t feel better after the forced self-approval. In fact, their feelings turned significantly worse than those of members of the control group, who weren’t urged to think positive thoughts.
The study provides support for newer forms for psychotherapy (心理治疗) that urge people to accept their negative thoughts and feelings rather than fight them. In the fighting, we not only often fail but can make things worse. Meditation (静思) techniques, on the contrary, can teach people to realize their shortcomings from a larger, more realistic perspective. Call it the power of negative thinking.
92. What is the finding of the Canadian researchers?
A. There can be no simple solutions to psychological problems.
B. Encouraging positive thinking may do harm to people.
C. The power of positive thinking is limited.
D. Unhappy people cannot think positively.
93. The underlined part in Paragraph 2 probably means ______.
A. you are pointing out the mistakes he has made
B. you are not taking his mistakes seriously enough
C. you are stressing the fact that he is not intelligent
D. you are not trying to make him feel better about his faults
94. What do we learn from the experiment of Wood, Lee and Perunovic?
A. Self-approval can bring a positive change to one’s feelings.
B. People with low self-respect seldom write down their true feelings.
C. It is important for people to continually improve their self-respect.
D. Forcing people to think positive thoughts may lower their self-respect.
95. It can be learned from the last paragraph that ______.
A. people can avoid making mistakes through meditation
B. different people tend to have different ways of thinking
C. meditation may prove to be a good form of psychotherapy
D. the effects of positive thinking differ from person to person
第Ⅱ卷 (非选择题 共4分)
任务型阅读
请认真阅读下列短文,并根据所读内容在文章后表格中填入最恰当的单词。
注意:每空一词。
Gratitude means thankfulness, noticing simple pleasures, and acknowledgg everything that you receive. It shifts your focus from what your life lacks to the abundance that is already present. Psychological research has shown the surprising life improvements gained from the practice of gratitude.
Two psychologists, Michael McCollough and Robert Emmons, conducted an experience on gratitude and its effect on well being. The results of the study indicated that daily gratitude exercises resulted in higher reported levels of enthusiasm, determination, optimism, and energy. In addition, those who practiced gratitude experienced less depression and stress, were more likely to help others, worked out problems more regularly, and made greater progress toward achieving personal goals. Therefore, it's important to practice gratitude. Here are a few reminders:
A common method is to get yourself a cute little notebook and write down 3 - 5 things that you're grateful for at the end of each day. They can be small things, or bigger things.
You can also send a handwritten letter or make a phone call to a person for whom you are thankful, expressing the gratitude. It will surely brighten their day, and in turn, yours.
Besides, for some, it may be a good idea to express their gratitude in person. It doesn't need to be formal. Just a simple gesture of thanks is only needed to feel the benefits of this kind of gratitude.
Finally, there are certain times you can devote to gratitude. For example, at the beginning of your meals, or at bedtime, or when your parents get home from work. Committing to a specific time establishes a practice of gratitude.
Once you become accustomed to looking for things to be grateful for, you will find that you begin to appreciate simple pleasures, which can make a day and even change a life.
Title Gratitude
Introduction Gratitude means being 96. ______ and can help people focus on what they receive instead of what they don't have.
97. ______
of gratitude exercises ■ Feeling more 98. _______, optimistic, determined, and energetic.
■ Becoming less depressed and stressed, but more willing to be
99.______.
■ Working out problems more regularly.
■Achieving your 100.______ goals more easily.
101. _______
to practise gratitude ■ Putting down whatever you feel grateful for every day.
■ Writing to or calling 102. _______ you want to convey gratitude to.
■ Giving thanks personally in a 103. ______ way.
■ Devoting a proper 104. _______ to gratitude.
Conclusion ■ 105. _______ can make you and others happy and even change your life.
单词拼写 (共15个小题,每题1分,满分15分)
根据所给汉语或首字母在空缺处填上适当的单词,每空一词。
106. That small room was buried among big trees, whose window a______ very little light.
107. A lot of classics were written so long ago, with their language c_______ quite different from those of modern works.
108. The Sundance Film Festival d______ boycotts all Hollywood films, and we don’t foresee ever including them.
109. Although van Gogh devoted all his life to painting, he received a little r______ for his effort.
110. In the early 1950s, a record company owner from Memphis, s______ to bring rock music to white audiences.
111. She knew now why she had sometimes, so dimly and so ______ (不情愿), felt that her husband had betrayed her.
112. According to general _______(共识), Pablo Picasso was the greatest painter alive then.
113. Her ankle ______(扭伤), our tour guide had to be taken to the hospital.
114. Cindy is often abused by her ugly stepmother and two greedy stepsisters and she is forced to wear ______ (破衣服) and live in a small, dark attic.
115. Winning an Olympic gold medal was, I suppose, the ______ (最重要) moment of my life.
(以下单词来自于《新概念英语》)
116. He looked pale and his clothes were in a ______ state.
117. The Statue of Liberty was ______ to the United States of America in the nineteenth century by the people of France.
118. Babies of two months old do not appeared to be ______ to enter the water.
119. I was almost there when a ______ voice below said, “I don’t think the windows need cleaning at this time of the night.”
120. This is a moving ______, for crowds of people stand on the shore watching the lanterns drifting away until they can be seen no more.
书面表达 (共分)
下面的这幅画展现了两人合做一张凳子的情景,请根据对这幅画的理解,用英语写一篇短文。你的短文应包含以下内容:
1. 描述图片内容,如人物、动作、情景等;
2. 图片主要反映了怎样的问题;
3. 结合实际谈谈你对解决此类问题的看法。
1. 可参照文章开头所给提示,做必要的发挥想像;
2. 词数150左右,开头已写好,不计入总词数;
Cooperation , which has always been a hot topic, plays a very important role in today's world. But not everyone knows how to cooperate well.
__________________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
盐城中学高二英语随堂练习)
听力(共两节,满分10分)
英语知识运用(共两节,满分40分)
单项填空(共40小题, 每小题0.5分,满分20分)
完形填空(共20小题;每小题1分,满分20分)
阅读理解(共1小题;每小题2分,满分分)
任务型阅读 (10小题,1分,10分)
. grateful / thankful
97. Benefits
98. enthusiastic
99. helpful
100. personal / own
102. whoever / whomever
103. casual
104. time /occasion
105. Gratitude/ Gratefulness/ Appreciation
单词拼写 (共1个小题,每题1分,满分1分)
116. frightful
117. presented
118. reluctant
119. sarcastic
120. spectacle
书面表达 (共分)Cooperation, which has always been a hot topic, plays a very important role in today's world. But not everyone knows how to cooperate well.
In the picture, we can see two men are trying to make a bench together. Both of them are working hard, sweating a lot. But obviously they are fixing the legs on opposite sides.
Seeing the picture, I can't help thinking how ridiculous it is. The two men work as a team and both of them do make their efforts. But unfortunately they just mind their own business without communicating with each other. It appears to me that they are not cooperating in an effective way. Working without cooperation leads to inefficiency.
But how can we cooperate more effectively? From my point of view, cooperation calls for effective communication, without which people will do things blindly. We should exchange ideas with our partners and work out a careful plan before taking actions. Otherwise, all the efforts will be in vain, just like what the two men do in the picture.
高考学习网-中国最大高考学习网站 | 我们负责传递知识!
本网部分资源来源于会员上传,除本网组织的资源外,版权归原作者所有,如有侵犯版权,请联系并提供证据(),三个工作日内删除。
其他相关资源
友情链接:
Copyright &2006 - 2016 高考学习网版权所有. All Rights Reserved.

我要回帖

更多关于 go up into 的文章

随机推荐