Georgetownpenang 怎么读读

《Georgetown University Round Table on Languages and Linguistics: Language in Public Life, 1979》 James E. Alatis, G. Richard Tucker【摘要 书评 试读】图书
iPhone/iPad/Mac
Android手机或平板电脑
请输入您的手机号码,获取Kindle阅读软件的下载链接。
通知出版社:
没有Kindle设备?,或者下载免费 。
出版社: Georgetown Univ School of Language (日)
语种: 英语
5 星 (0%)0%4 星4 星 (0%)0%3 星3 星 (0%)0%2 星2 星 (0%)0%1 星1 星 (0%)0%与其他买家分享您的想法
查看产品详情页面完毕后,在此处了解返回您感兴趣的页面的方式。
查看产品详情页面完毕后,在此处了解返回您感兴趣的页面的方式。town怎么读_百度知道
town怎么读
goldcoast118
goldcoast118
采纳数:27552
获赞数:97691
town[英][taʊn] [美][taʊn] 生词本简明释义n.城镇,市镇;小村庄;城镇居民;商业中心复数:towns易混淆的单词:Town以下结果由 金山词霸 提供柯林斯高阶英汉词典 短语词组 同反义词1.N-COUNT镇;市镇;城镇A town is a place with many streets and buildings, where people live and work. Towns are larger than villages and smaller than cities. Many places that are called towns in Britain would be called cities in the United States. ...Saturday night in the small town of Braintree, Essex...埃塞克斯郡布伦特里小镇的周六之夜Parking can be tricky in the town centre.在市镇中心停车可能会挺费事。
为你推荐:
其他类似问题
个人、企业类
违法有害信息,请在下方选择后提交
色情、暴力
我们会通过消息、邮箱等方式尽快将举报结果通知您。阅读理解: “Who made your T-shirt? A Georgetown University student raised that question.Pietra Rivoli, a professor of business, wanted to find the answer.A few weeks later, she bought a T-shirt and beg 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
阅读理解:
  “Who made your T-shirt?” A Georgetown University student raised that question.Pietra Rivoli, a professor of business, wanted to find the answer.A few weeks later, she bought a T-shirt and began to follow its path from Texas cotton.farm to Chinese factory to charity bin(慈善捐赠箱).The result is an interesting new book , The travels of a T-shirt in the Global Economy(经济).
  Following a T-shirt around the world in a way to make her point more interesting, but it also frees Rivoli from the usual arguments over global trade.She goes wherever the T-shirt goes, and there are surprises around every corner.In China, Rivoli shows why a clothing factory, even with its poor conditions, means a step towards a better are for the people who work there.In the colorful used-clothing markets of Tanzania, she realizes that “it is only in this final stage of life that the T-shirt will meet a real market,” where the price of a shirt changes by the hour and is different by its size and even color.Rivoli’s book is full of memorable people and scenes, like the noise, the bad air and the “muddy-sweet smell(泥土香味)of the cotton.” She says, “ Here in the factory, Shanghai smells like shallot water Texas.”
  Rivoli is at her best when making those sorts of unexpected connections.She even finds one between the free traders and those who are against globalization.The chances opened up by trade are vast, she argues, but free markets need the correcting force of politics to keep them in check.True economic progress needs them both.
What do we learn about Professor Rivoli?
She used to work on cotton farm.
She wrote a book about world trade.
She wants to give up her teaching job.
She wears a T-shirt wherever she goes.
By saying T-shirts “meet a real market”, Rivoli means in Tanzania ________.
cheaper T-shirts are needed
used T-shirts are hard to sell
prices of T-shirts rise and fall frequently
prices of T-shirts are usually reasonable
What does the word “them” underlined in the last paragraph refer to?
Free markets.
Price changes.
Unexpected connections.
Chances opened up by trade.
What would be the best title for the text?
What T-shirts Can Do to Help Cotton Farms
How T-shirts Are Made in Shanghai
How T-shirts Are Sold in Tanzania
What T-shirts Can Teach Us
答案:1.B;2.C;3.A;4.D;
练习册系列答案
科目:高中英语
来源:云南省昆明一中2007届高三年级上学期第四次月考、英语试题
  Despite the cold morning wind in Montreal last weekend, Ahmad Al-Bahely was busy handing out candies.He was overjoyed at hearing that Saddam Hussein had been sentenced to death.
  “That’s how we celebrate in Iraq, ” said the 15-year-old high school student.Al-Bahely’s family was forced to leave Iraq in 1991 after the first Gulf War.They fled life under Saddam Hussein for a new beginning in Canada.“We are proud that this terrible man will get what he deserves.”
  An Iraqi court has sentenced Saddam, 69, to death after a 13-month trial.He was found responsible for the killings of 148 people in a village, north of Baghdad in 1982.The murders were carried out in revenge for an attempt on Saddam’s life.
  Thousands of Iraqis oppressed during Saddam’s 24-year rule took, to the streets to celebrate.Meanwhile, groups near Saddam’s hometown of Tikrit gathered to support the former president.“We’ll avenge you, Saddam, ” the crowd shouted.
  But many simply remained calm.“Whether Saddam lives or dies is not important to me?, ” said Imad Mohammed, a computer engineer.“I’m not even sure whether my family and I will live or die.”
  Iraqis were not the only ones to have different views on the court’s decision.The international community was also divided over the sentence.
  US President George W.Bush called the trial a milestone in the Iraqi people’s efforts to replace a tyrant with the rule of law.But many European countries said Saddam should not be put to death.The Catholic Church called the sentence “eye for an eye” revenge.
  “This is not the way to present the new Iraq to the world.It should be different from the way of Saddam, who was behind hundreds of thousands of deaths, ” said an Italian organization opposed to the death penalty.
  Islamic leaders warned that hanging Saddam could lead to revenge by Saddam’s supporters, deepening the rift(不和)in the war-torn country.According to new research by a leading US university, over 650,000 Iraqis have been killed since the 2003 Iraq War began.
  “They blame Saddam for killing people.But who will judge the leaders for the killings that happen every day now?” said 30-year-old Bahjat.He refused to give his full name out of fear.
  “The sentence is just an important settlement with the past, but the big challenge for Iraq’s people is the future.Big compromises are required for lasting freedom and secured peace, ” said Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt.
What can we learn from what Ahmad Al-Bahely said?
Many people in Iraq hated Saddam.
He sells candies as his part time job.
Only students in Iraq hated Saddam.
Some people felt sorry for Saddam.
Which of the following statements about Saddam Hussein is WRONG?
He is 69 years old.
He killed over 650,000 Iraqis.
He ruled Iraq for 24 years.
He will possibly be hanged.
From the story, we can conclude that the death sentence given to Saddam is ________.
causing controversy among people around the world
good news for the world peace
bad for Iraq because it will cause more fighting
what Iraqis have expected for a long time
According to what Imad Mohammed and Bahjat said, we know that ________.
they care more about their present and future lives
Iraqis don’t value their lives very much
some Iraqis don’t care about the future of their country
Iraqis are opposed to the death penalty
The passage is mainly about ________.
how people reacted to Saddam’s death sentence
why Saddam was sentenced to death
what kind of life Iraqis are living now.
what effect the death of Saddam will have.
来源:2008年宁夏银川一中高三年级第三次模拟考试、英语试卷
  In the world of fairy tales, great and powerful men are often helped to victory by the small and weak.But in the US it has happened for real.
  Nine–year–old Noah McCullough from Texas, has taken on the role of speaking to the public in support of President George W.Bush’s social security reforms.
  On February 25 he signed an agreement with the American Congress to work for the White House as a volunteer.“What I want to tell people about social security is not to be afraid of the new plan,”Noah said.“It may be a change, but it’s a good change.”
  Besides this task, he already has a higher goal.He plans to run for the White House in 2032.So far, Noah seems to have a very bright future.
  Despite his age, Noah already has his firm opinion on running the US.“I firmly believe that the combination of large business and small governments creates a peaceful and present society because industry can stimulate(刺激)economic growth,”he said.
  Noah’s politics do not come from his parents.“He is very patriotic(爱国的)and very republican,”said Noah’s mother, Donna McCullough.“It’s the way he was born.”
  Noah’s interest began after a mock(模拟)election in the kindergarten when he was five years old.Now he has read more than 3,000 books on presidential history.He can recite the names of all 43 American presidents.He can also describe the achievements and events that took place during a president’s term of office.
  His unusual experiences in the presidential campaign last year made him a famous figure.He was a member of Bush’s presidential campaign team.He gave speeches at the Republican convention(大会)and followed Bush around on his tour of 27 states.President Bush thinks highly of the boy, saying that he is“the miracle kid of the White House”.
Noah McCullough worked for the White House ________.
to support George W.Bush in the presidential campaign
to be a volunteer in the presidential campaign
to show his gift in the presidential campaigns
to drill for his running for the White House in 2032
Which of the following statements is TRUE according to the passage?
Noah seems to have a very bright future because he supports Bush.
Noah is the youngest of the Americans who support Bush.
Noah has been to more than half of the states in the presidential campaign.
Noah was born with his parents’ dream of his becoming US President.
We can infer from the passage that ________.
Noah can surely succeed in the 2032 presidential campaign
Noah’s polities are deeply affected by his parents
Bush had known Noah well before the presidential campaign began
Noah would develop industry and reduce government officials if he were elected President of the USA
Which is the best title of the passage?
The Small and Weak Can Help the Big and Strong
Little Boy Helps President Bush
Beginning of Noah’s Political Life
The US Future President
来源:四川省绵阳中学学年高二下学期入学考试英语试题
  “I swear, I didn't steal anything!” I shouted over the alarm.Obviously the security guard didn't believe me because he seized the shopping bag right out of my hand.
  “Do you have a receipt of this?” he asked doubtfully, putting any new back-to-school outfit(全套设备)onto the dusty floor near the mall entrance.
  “Of course I do,” I replied, fishing my wallet out of my coat pocket.Elsie and Monica, my two best friends, stood beside me.They were laughing their heads off!
  I almost tore my wallet apart for the receipt, but it had disappeared.“Let me look again,” I said nervously.Then I looked again, and again, and again!My face was getting hotter by the minute, and my heart was beating like a racehorse..w.^w.k.s.
  Finally, I looked back at the guard and whispered, “It's not here.” The guard picked up my clothes and said, “You'll have to come with me, Miss.”
  When he opened the office door, I saw a man sitting behind a big metal desk.It was the manager.Then I had an idea.
  “May I say something?”I asked.“I can prove I didn't steal this thing.” “Then I explained all about the cashier(出纳员).She said that she had bought the exact same outfit as a birthday present for her little sister.” “We'll just see about that,” the manager said and went off to find her.Ten minutes later, I was free!
  It was terrible to be unfairly accused of something!Then I remembered shouting at my sister that very morning for taking my new hair clips.
  Had she really taken them?I made a promise that day never to accuse someone of something without proof, and I haven't.At last, something good came out of my terrible experience.
Why didn't the security guard believe the author?
Because she looked nervous at that time.
Because she had no money in her wallet.
Because she didn't have a receipt for the outfit.
Because her face turned red after being caught.
That the author's two friends laughed their heads off showed ________.
they didn't believe the author
they laughed at the author who stole things.
they expected the author to be caught.
they played a trick on the author.
We can infer the author was very ________ from the underlined part in Paragraph 4.
frightened
Who proved that the author hadn't stolen anything?
The manager
The cashier.
The author's friends
The security guard.
From her experience, the author learned that ________.
you should believe in yourself in face of difficulty.
it is a terrible thing to be suspected(怀疑)by friends
you should ask for a receipt for whatever you buy
you should not doubt others if you can't prove it.
来源:2004全国各省市高考模拟试题汇编(天利38套)·英语
阅读下列短文,从题中所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项。
1.South Korean Films
  An audience can view five new South Korean films, all with Chinese subtitles (中文字幕), until April 19 at the Tuixin Cinema in the Beijing National Library grounds.
Two other South Korean films completed their full runs at the Tuixin Cinema earlier this month.
  Location: Tuixin Cinema, Beijing National Library, 39 Baishiqiao Road, Haidian District.
  “My Love, My Bride”
  April 15: 9:00, 13:00, 15:30, 17:30, 19:30
  “Kim's War”
  April 16: 9:00, 13:30, 18:15
  “Because You Are a Woman”
  April 17: 13:30, 18:15
  “Marriage Story”
  April 18: 9:00, 13:30, 15:30, 18:15
  “Sopyonje”
  April 19: 9:00, 13:30, 15:30, 17:30, 19:30
2.Leon's show
  Hong Kong pop starLeon Lai will give a personal performance at 7:30 p. m. from tomorrow through to September 21 at the Shanghai Gymnasium, The show is to celebrate the opening of the 93rd Huangpu Tourism Festival.
  Tickets: 60, 90, 120, 180 yuan RMB, available (有票) at 66 Jiangning Road.
  Address: Shanghai Gymnasium, 1111 Gaoxi Road N.
  Tel: 197113
3.Russian concert
  The Shanghai Phiharmmonic Orchestra (管弦乐队) will put on some excellent Russian Orchestra works at 7:15 p. m. on September 26 and 27 at the Shanghai Concert Hall. They will sing Russian folk songs and mass under a Russian Conducter who is very famous for conducting choirs(歌唱队) and has given a successful choral concert in Beijing.
  Tickets: 6, 8, 10, 12 yuan RMB, available at the hall's ticket office.
  Address: 523 Yan'an Road W. Shanghai.
  Tel: .
4.Korean songs
  The songs and Dance Troups of North Korea will give a song and dance show at 7:30 p. m. tonight at the Shanghai Center Theater.
  Tickets: 10,20,30 yuan RMB, available at the theater's ticket office.
  Address: 1376 Nanjing Road W. Shanghai
1.________ will be on on April 18.The cinema's telephone number is ________.
A.Kim's W
B.My Love, M
C.Because You Are a W
D.Marriage S
2.An audience can watch the performance given by Leon Lai from tomorrow throught to September 21 in ________.
A.Beijng.B.South Korean
C.ShanghaiD.Hong Kong
3.The address of the Shanghai Center Theater is ________.
A.1111 Caoxi Road N.
B.1376 Nanjing Road W.
C.523 Yan' an Road W.
D.66 Jiangning Road
4.According to the advertisement, a six yuan ticket is for ________.
A.Russian concertB.Korean songs
C.South Korean filmsD.Leon's show
来源:湖南师大附中学年度上学期高三年级月考(一)英语
  NBC News and news services
  Updated:1∶15.pm.
  ET Jan.9,2006
  TALLMANSVILLE, W.Va.-Eleven miners who died in the Sago disaster could have walked out alive had they known that there was healthier air less than 2,000 feet away, the head of the mining company told NBC News in an interview aired on zMonday-exactly a week to the day that the men sat trapped in the mine awaiting rescuers who arrived too late for all but one survivor.
 ”They were headed into an unknown,” International Coal Group CEO Ben Haield said.“They had no way of knowing how big, how disastrous the explosion was.In hindsight, if they had known that the smoke was only extremely dense in an area of perhaps 1,000 or 1,500 feet, yes they could have moved to fresh air, yes they could have survived, but they had no way of knowing that.”
 ”It’s over two miles to the outside and they no doubt would have been concerned that they can’t walk through two miles of smoke,” he added.“If they had known that it was only 1,500 or 42,000 feet of smoke certainly they could have come on out and yes they could have been saved.”
  Haield called it a tragedy that was”unavoidable and horribly sad” because the miners, even though they had breathing devices, did exactly what they had been taught to do:hunker down(蹲下)and wait for rescuers.
  Crews did not know the location of the miners while they awaited rescue and had no way to communicate with them.
  The men appeared to have died after about 10 hours and the rescuers only arrived after about 40 hours.Eleven men died awaiting rescue, one died in the blast that caused the disaster and a 13th survived.
Which of the following is the most suitable headline for this news report?
Mine explosion kills twelve.
Fallen miners were not far from safety.
International Coal Group CEO expresses condolences on(衰悼)death of miners.
Fear of walking long distance leads to death.
The underlined word”dense” in Paragraph 4 means ________.
The underlined paragraph implies that ________.
some safety knowledge may mislead victims in a particular situation
all the trapped miners could have survived if they had not hunkered down
to avoid similar tragedies, it is better not to teach miners what to do in case of danger
the miners’ ignorance of proper safety measures lead to the tragedy
Which of the following statements is true according to the text?
One miner survived the accident by moving to fresh air on his own.
The trapped miners did not walk out to safety because they could not tell their location.
The only survivor was rescued around 40 hours after the explosion.
Twelve miners died after sitting trapped in the mine for about 10 hours.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号当前位置:
>>>阅读理解。 Heroes of Our Time A good heart Dikembe Mutombo g..
阅读理解。
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Heroes of Our Time&&&& A good heart&&&& Dikembe Mutombo grew up in Africa among great poverty and disease. He came to Georgetown University on a scholarship (奖学金) to study medicine - but Coach (教练) John Thompson got a look at Dikembe and had a different idea. Dikembe became a star in the NBA, and a citizen of the United States. But he never forgot the land of his birth, or the duty to share his fortune with others. He built a new hospital in his old hometown in the Congo. A friend has said of this good-hearted man: "Mutombo believes that God has given him this chance to do great things."&&&& Success and kindness&&&& After her daughter was born, Julie Aigner-Clark searched for ways to share her love of music and art with her child. So she borrowed some equipment, and began filming children's videos (录象) in her own house. The Baby Einstein Company was born, and in just five years her business grew to more than $20 million in sales. And she is using her success to help others - producing child safety videos with John Walsh of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Julie says of her new program: "I believe it's the most important thing that I have ever done. I believe that children have the right to live in a world that is safe."&&&&& Bravery and courage&&&& A few weeks ago, Wesley Autrey was waiting at a Harlem subway station with his two little girls when he saw a man fall into the path of a train. With seconds to act, Wesley jumped onto the tracks, pulled the man into the space between the rails (铁轨), and held him as the train passed right above their heads. He insists he's not a hero. He says: "We have got to show each other some love."
1. What was Mutombo praised for?
A. His work in the church. B. His willingness to help the needy.C. Being a star in the NBA.D. Being a student of medicine.
2. Mulombo believes that building the new hospital is
A. a chance for his friends to share his moneyB. a way of showing his respect to the NBAC. helpful to his personal developmentD. something he should do for his homeland
3. What did the Baby Einstein Company do at its beginning?
A. Sell children's music and artwork.B. Look for missing and exploited children.C. Produce safety equipment for children.D. Make videos to help protect children.
4. Why was Wesley Autrey praised as a hero?
A. He protected two little girls from getting hurt.B. He saved a person without considering his own safety.C. He helped a man get across the rails.D. He stopped a man from destroying the rails.
题型:阅读理解难度:中档来源:新疆自治区期末题
马上分享给同学
据魔方格专家权威分析,试题“阅读理解。 Heroes of Our Time A good heart Dikembe Mutombo g..”主要考查你对&&故事类阅读&&等考点的理解。关于这些考点的“档案”如下:
现在没空?点击收藏,以后再看。
因为篇幅有限,只列出部分考点,详细请访问。
故事类阅读
故事类阅读概念:
这类文章一般描述的是某一件具体事情的发生发展或结局,有人物、时间、地点和事件。命题往往从故事的情节、人物或事件的之间的关系、作者的态度及意图、故事前因和后果的推测等方面着手,考查学生对细节的辨认能力以及推理判断能力。故事类阅读应试技巧:
1、抓住文章的6个要素:阅读时要学会从事情本身的发展去理解故事情节而不要只看事件在文中出现的先后顺序。因此,无论是顺叙还是倒叙,阅读此类文章时,必须要找到它结构中的5个W(when, where, who, why, what)和1个H(how),不过不是每篇都会完整地交待六个要素。毫无疑问,寻出这些元素是能够正确快速解题的一个先决条件。 2、注意作者的议论和抒情:高考英语阅读理解故事类文章常伴随着作者思想情感的流露和表达,因此议论和抒情往往夹杂其中。行文时或按事情发生发展的先后时间进行或按事情发生发展的地点来转换,也可能按事情发展的阶段来布局。在引出话题,讲完一件事情后,作者往往会表达个人感悟或提出建议等。这些体现作者观点或思想的语句在阅读时可以划线,它们往往体现文章中心或者写作意图,属于必考点,所以要仔细体会。 3、结合前两点归纳文章中心,把握作者态度:故事类文章是通过记叙一件事来表达中心思想的,它是文章的灵魂。归纳文章中心思想时,尤其要分析文章的结尾,因为很多文章卒章显志,用简短的议论、抒情揭示文章中心;文章中议论抒情的句子往往与中心密切相关;也有的文章需要在结合概括各段大意的基础上归纳中心。另外,叙述一件事必有其目的,或阐明某一观点,或赞美某种品德,或抨击某种陋习,这就要求我们在阅读时,通过对细节(第1点中的六要素)的理解,把握作者的态度。 4、有章有据进行解题判断:分析文章,归纳主题,属于分析、概括、综合的表述能力的考查。切忌脱离文章,架空分析,一定让分析在文章中有依据。
发现相似题
与“阅读理解。 Heroes of Our Time A good heart Dikembe Mutombo g..”考查相似的试题有:

我要回帖

更多关于 magazine怎么读 的文章

随机推荐