—Did you make a makeadecisionn at the meeting?

The following is the decision that he at the meeting.A.didB.saidC.spokeD.made 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
The following is the decision that he ______ at the meeting.A.didB.saidC.spokeD.made
Dmake a decision做决定。
练习册系列答案
科目:高中英语
来源:2015届湖北省高二上学期期中考试英语试卷(解析版)
题型:阅读理解
We all know what it is like to be unable to turn yourhead because of a cold in the muscles of your neck, or because an unexpectedtwist has made your neck ache and stiff. Your whole body feels tight. Theslightest move makes you jump with pain. Nothing could be worse than a pain inthe neck. That is why we use phrase to describe some people who give you thesame feeling. We have all met such people.One is the man who always seems to be clapping hishands—often at the wrong time—during a performance in the theater. He keeps youfrom hearing the actors.Even worse are those who can never arrive before thecurtain goes up and play begins. They come hurrying down to your row of seats.You are comfortably settled down, with your hat and heavy coat in your lap. Youmust stand up to let them pass. You are proud of your self-control after theyhave settled into their seats…Well, what now…Good God, one of them is up again.He forgot to go to the men’s room, and once more you have to stand up, hangingon to your hat and coat to let him pass. Now, that is “a pain in the neck.”Another, well-known to us all, is the person sittingbehind you in the movies. His mout he is chewing loudly,or talking between bites to friends next to him. None of them remain still. Upand down, back and forth, they go for another bag of popcorn, or something todrink.Then, there is the main sitting next to you at a lunchcounter smoking a smelly cigar. He wants you to enjoy it too, and blows smokeacross your food into your mouth.We must not forget the man who comes into a bus orsubway car and sits down next to you, just as close as you will let him. Youare reading the newspaper and he leans over and stretches his neck so that hecan read the paper with you. He may even turn the paper to the next page beforeyou are ready for it.We also call such a person a “rubberneck”, alwaysputting out his neck to where it does not belong, like neighbors who watch allyour visitors. They enjoy invading your privacy. People have a strong dislikefor rubbernecks. They hate being spied upon.1.Where can you find this passage?A. Medicine dictionaries.& B. A travel guide.C. Social science books.&&&& D.Students text books.2.How do you feel when late comers walk back and forthin front of you in a cinema?A. Disturbed.&&&& B. Ignored.&&&&&&&& C.Bored.& D. Relaxed.3.A “rubberneck” often &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&.A. says bad words behind peopleB. quarrels face to face with neighborsC. bargains the price with sales womenD. asks about other people’s business4.Which of the follow is “a pain in the neck”?A. Someone who helps you find your seat in a movietheatre.B. Someone who smokes in a smoking section on a train.C. Someone who throws trash out of his car window onthe highway.D. Someone who goes to the doctor for his severe painon the neck.&
来源:2014届浙江省高二下学期第一次阶段性测试英语试卷(解析版)
My elder brother Steve, in the absence of my fatherwho died when I was six, gave me important lessons in values that helped megrow into an adult. For instance, Steve taught me to face the results ofmy behavior. Once when I returned in tears from a Saturday baseball game, itwas Steve who took the time to ask me what happened. When I explained that mybaseball had soared through Mrs. Holt’s basement window, breaking the glasswith a crash, Steve encouraged me to confess(承认)to her.After all, I should have been playing in the park down Fifth Street and not inthe path between buildings. Although my knees knocked as I explained to Mrs.Holt, I offered to pay for the window from my pocket money if she would returnmy ball. I also learned from Steve that personal property is a sacred(神圣的) thing. After I found a shiny silver pen in myfifth-grade classroom, I wanted to keep it, but Steve explained that it mightbe important to someone else in spite of the fact that it had little value. Hereminded me of how much I’d hate to lose to someone else the small dog that myfather carved from a piece of cheap wood. I returned the pen to my teacher,Mrs. Davids, and still remembered the smell of her perfume as she patted me onmy shoulder. Yet of all the instructions Steve gave me, his respectfor life is the most vivid in my mind. When I was twelve, I killed an old brownsparrow in the yard with a BB gun. Excited with my accuracy, I screamed toSteve to come from the house to take a look. I shall never forget the way hestood for a long moment and stared at the bird on the ground. Then in a dead,quiet voice, he asked, “Did it hurt you first, Mark?” I didn’t know what toanswer. He continued with his eyes firm, “The only time you should even thinkof hurting a living thing is if it hurts you first. And then you think a long,long time.” I really felt terrible then, but that moment stands out as the mostimportant lesson my brother taught me.1. What is the main subject of the passage?A.Therelationship between Mark and Steve.B.The importantlesson Mark learned in schoolC.Steve’s important role in mark’sgrowing process.D.Mark andSteve’s respect for living things.2. It can be inferred from the passage that when Markconfessed to Mrs. Holt, __________.A.he feltsurprised&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.he waslight-heartedC.he feltfrightened&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.he kneltbefore her3.In the story about the pen, which of the followinglessons did Steve teach his brother?A.Respect forpersonal property.B.Respect forlife.C.Sympathy forpeople with problems.D.The value ofhonesty.4. According to the writer, which was the mostimportant lesson Steve taught his young brother?A.Respect forliving things.B.Responsibilityfor one’s actions.C.The value ofthe honesty.D.Care for theproperty of others.5.Which of the follow is true according to the passage?A.Mark wasstill a boy when he wrote this passage.B.Mark lost thesmall dog his father carved somewhere.C.When a livingthing hurts you, you should kill it.D.Even if aliving thing hurts you, you should not kill it without hesitation.&
来源:2006年高考试题(安徽卷)解析版
&To extinguish (熄灭) different kinds offires, several types of fire extinguishers have been invented. They must beready for immediate use when fire breaks out. Most portable (手提式的) kinds operate for less than a minute, so they are useful only onsmall fires. The law requires ships, trains, buses and planes to carryextinguishers.Since fuel, oxygen (氧气) and heat must bepresent in order for fire to exist, one or more of these things must be removedor reduced to extinguish a fire. If the heat is reduced by cooling the materialbelow a certain temperature, the fire goes out. The cooling method is the mostcommon way to put out a fire. Water is the best cooling material because it islow in cost and easy to get.Another method of extinguishing fire is bycutting off the oxygen. This is usually done by covering the fire with sand,steam or some other things. A blanket may be used do cover a small fire.A third method is called separation, whichincludes removing the fuel, or material easy to burn, from a fire, so that itcan find no fuel.The method that is used to put out a firedepends upon the type of fire. Fires have been grouped in three classes. Firesin wood, paper, cloth and the like are called Class A fires. These materialsusually help keep the fire on. Such fires can be stopped most readily bycooling with water.1.If a fire breaks out on a bus, which ofthe follow should be ready there for you to use?A. Sand&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.WaterC. A blanket.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.An extinguisher.2.To cover a small piece of burning woodwith a basin in order to stop the fire is an example of &&&&&&&&.A. separating the fire &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.reducing the heatC. removing the fuel &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.cutting off the oxygen3.In choosing how to put out a fire, weshould first be clear about &&&&&&&&&.A. when it breaks out&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.how it comes aboutC. what kind it is&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.where it takes place4.What would the author probably discuss inthe paragraph that follows?A. Another class of fires&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.Another type of extinguishersC. How fires break out.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.How fires can be prevented.&
来源:全国通用2010届高考阅读理解专项练习
DWe all know what it is like to be unable to turn your head because of a cold in the muscles of your neck, or because an unexpected twist has made your neck ache and stiff. Your whole body feels tight. The slightest move makes you jump with pain. Nothing could be worse than a pain in the neck.That is why we use phrase to describe some people who give you the same feeling. We have all met such people.One is the man who always seems to be clapping his hands—often at the wrong time—during a performance in the theater. He keeps you from hearing the actors.Even worse are those who can never arrive before the curtain goes up and play begins. They come hurrying down to your row of seats. You are comfortably settled down, with your hat and heavy coat in your lap. Yet them pass. You are proud of your self—control after they have settled into their seats…Well, what now…Good God, one of them is up again. He forgot to go to the men’s room, and once more you have to stand up, hanging on to your hat and coat to let him pass. Now, that is “a pain in the neck.”Another, well—known to us all, is the person sitting behind you in the movies. His mout& he is chewing loudly, or talking between bites to friends next to him. None of them remain still. Up and down, back and forth, they go—for another bag of popcorn, or something to drink.Then, there is the main sitting next to you at a lunch counter smoking a smelly cigar. He wants you to enjoy it too, and blows smoke across you food into your mouth.We must not forget the man who comes into a bus or subway car and sits down next to you, just as close as you will let him. You are reading the newspaper and he leans over and stretches his rock so that he can read the paper with you. He may even turn the paper to the next page before you are ready for it.We also call such a person a “rubber neck,” always stretching his neck to where it does not belong, like neighbors who watch all your visitors. They enjoy invading your privacy. People have a strong dislike for rubbernecks. They hate being spied upon.68.Where can you find this passage? A.Medicine dictionaries.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.Social science books, C.Kids’ comic books.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.Science text books.69.How do you feel when late comers walk back and forth in front of you in a cinema? A.Ignored.&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.Bored.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.Disturbed&&&&&&&&&&& D.Relaxed.70.A “rubber neck” often &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&. A.says bad words behind people. B.quarrels face to face with neighbors. C.bargains the price with sales women D.asks about other people’s business71.Which of the follow is a “pain on the neck”? A.Someone who helps you find your seat in a movie theatre. B.Someone who smokes in a smoking section on a train. C.Someone who throws trash out of his car window on the highway. D.Someone who goes to the doctor for his severe pain on the neck.
来源:2014届四川省成都市六校协作体高二下学期期中考试英语试卷(解析版)
While you may be doing everything right, ignoring justone or two steps in the process may keep you from getting a job, especially inthis fierce market. Here is a checklist that covers some of the major links inthe job-search chain.THE RESUME --- Make sure it is up-to-date and tailoredto the types of jobs you are seeking for. Have someone else look at yourresume. If you cannot afford a career coach, give your resume to friends or familymembers to scrutinize. Have copies of your resume printed so that youare ready to hand them out at interviews. COVERING LETTERS---Maybe you’ ve set up a few basicstyles in advance, but that’s not enough. Each covering letter should bedesigned to suit the job for which you are applying.THE WARDROBE(衣橱)---Checkyour wardrobe to ensure that you have the appropriate professional dress,including shoes, ready for interview. NETWORKING---Don’t isolate yourself from others fordays. Network through e-mail messages, phone calls, appointments and meetingskeep you in touch with the outside world and prevent you from becomingdepressed.APPLICATION---A glance at huge online job sites isn’tusually the best way to find a job. You are more likely to succeed through thepeople you know via networking. THE FOLLOW—UP---It is quite common to apply for joband never hear back from the company. Take measures, such as following up witha phone call a week or so after you apply. If you know someone at the company,check whether that person will put in a good word for you.INTERVIEWS----If you’ ve& got plenty ofinterviews but no return calls or job offers, take a look at your interviewingskills. This is one area where investing in a career coach may pay off. But ifyou can’t afford one, try to find a job group or service that conducts freemock(模拟) interviews.SUPPORT SYSTEMS---Finally, recognize that looking forjob is rather difficult. Even at the best of times, a job hunt is often aboutrejection, and that can be hard to endure. Staying in touch with family,friends, professional networks and fellow job seekers can help you to maintaina positive attitude and a sense of perspective.&It is implied in the text that__________.A.people oftenpay no attention to writing their resumeB.the interviewis the most difficult step for intervieweesC.a careercoach often offers free mock interviews to interviewees D.your socialnetwork may help you a lot in your job hunt&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号与会者来自各行各业.但他们对教育的重要性问题的看法却是一致的.Although the people attending/at the meeting come from all walks of life.they share a common opinion/view on the importance of education.. 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
8.与会者来自各行各业,但他们对教育的重要性问题的看法却是一致的.(Although)Although the people attending/at the meeting come from all walks of life,they share a common opinion/view on the importance of education..
分析 Although the people attending/at the meeting come from all walks of life,they share a common opinion/view on the importance of education.解答 Although the people attending/at the meeting come from all walks of life,they share a common opinion/view on the importance of education.本句是对某一事物的看法,所以用一般现在时.根据句意可使用主从复合句,用although引导让步状语从句,come from all walks of life来自各行各业;share a common opinion/view on sth对…的看法一致.点评 注意although不能和but连用,翻译成汉语时是要翻译成"虽然…但是…".
练习册系列答案
题型:选择题
18.Wechat&intends&to&radically&change&the&way&______&people&use&mobilephones.(  )A./B.whichC.whyD.who
19.If&you&are&in&trouble,don't&____&to&ask&Mike&for&help;&heisalways&willing&to&lend&a&hand.(  )A.dreamB.appealC.hesitateD.bend
16.The&students&___&busily&when&Miss&Brown&went&to&get&a&book&she&___&in&the&office.(  )A.had&written,leftB.were&writing,has&leftC.had&written,had&leftD.were&writing,had&left
3.-Will&you&read&me&a&story,Mummy?-OK.You________&have&one&if&you&go&to&bed&as&soon&as&possible.(  )A.shallB.mustC.couldD.might
题型:填空题
13.只有当他亲眼看见那些贴满小区的海报时,才真正相信中国诗词大赛是多么受欢迎.(Only)Only when he saw the posters which were put up/posted everywhere in the community/neighbourhood with his own eyes did he truly/really believe that the Chinese Poetry Contest was very popular/warmly welcomed..
7.--Hi&&David.I&heard&you're&looking&for&a&new&job.--Yeah.(51)COh.(52)EI&think&1did&well,They&said&they&would&make&a&decision&by&this&l:riday.--This&Friday?(53)GYeah!I&think&so,too.(54)D.I&believe&I&have&a&very&good&chance.The&director&seems&lo&like&me.--(55)AThanks.I&hope&it&helps.A.Well,good&luck.then.B.How&did&you&find&it?C.I&just&had&an&interview&yesterday.D.What&are&your&chances&of&getting&that&job?E.How&did&it&go?F.I&think&you&will&face&some&new&challenges.G.Looks&like&they&want&to&hire&the&person.as&quickly&as&possible.
4.-I'd&like&several&hundred&books&like&this&one.-We&may&be&________,but&I&can&order&some&for&you&within&two&days.(  )A.in&storeB.out&of&controlC.in&shortD.out&of&stock
2.A.lovedB.cause& C.honored&&&&& D.spreadingE.partially F.cheerG.properly&&&&&& H.reflectI.symbolJ.gatheringK.touching&(Since&1952,the&Queen's&Christmas&message&has&been&televised&in&some&form.The&following&is&the&one&given&by&Britain's&Queen&Elizabeth&II&on&December&25th,2015.)At&this&time&of&year,few&sights&arouse&more&feelings&of&(41)F&and&goodwill&than&the&twinkling&lights&of&a&Christmas&tree.The&popularity&of&a&tree&at&Christmas&is&(42)E&due&to&my&great-great&grandparents,Queen&Victoria&and&Prince&Albert.After&this(43)K&picture&was&published,many&families&wanted&a&Christmas&tree&of&their&own,and&the&custom&soon&spread.In&1949,I&spent&Christmas&in&Malta&as&a&newly-married&naval&wife.We&have&returned&to&that&island&over&the&years,including&last&month&for&a&meeting&of&Commonwealth(英联邦)leaders;&and&this&year&I&met&another&group&of&leaders:The&Queen's&Young&Leaders,an&inspirational&group,each&of&them&a(44)I&of&hope&in&their&own&Commonwealth&communities.Actually,(45)J&round&the&tree&gives&us&a&chance&to&think&about&the&year&ahead.It&also&allows&us&to&(46)H&on&the&year&that&has&passed,as&we&think&of&those&who&are&far&away&or&no&longer&with&us.Many&people&say&the&first&Christmas&after&losing&a(an)&(47)A&one&is&particularly&hard.But&it's&also&a&time&to&remember&all&that&we&have&to&be&thankful&for.We&should&be&thankful&for&the&people&who&bring&love&and&happiness&into&our&own&lives,and&look&for&ways&of&(48)D&that&love&to&others,whenever&and&wherever&we&can.One&(49)B&for&thankfulness&this&summer&was&marking&seventy&years&since&the&end&of&the&Second&World&War.On&VJ&Day,we&(50)C&the&remaining&veterans(老兵)&of&that&terrible&conflict&in&the&Far&East,as&well&as&remembered&the&thousands&who&never&returned.…I&wish&you&a&very&happy&Christmas.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号Video 5: Lecture on the Language for Leading the Meeting
要觀看此視頻,請啟用 JavaScript 並考慮升級到
的 Web 瀏覽器
Loading...以 免費 的價格試聽課程以 免費 的價格試聽課程This course will teach you vocabulary and skills related to participating in meetings. You will learn terms and phrases used both in email and in speaking to arrange, participate in, and conclude meetings. The goals of this course are to enable you to participate effectively in on-site meetings and teleconferences and to prepare you to write a proposal as an outcome of a meeting.
Course Learning Objectives
o Arrange a meeting though email and by telephone
o List expectations and protocols related to on-site meetings and teleconferences
o State phone numbers, dates, currencies and sales figures accurately
o Write a proposal with appropriate organization and vocabulary從本節課中In week two, you’ll learn about participating in and running meetings in The Language of Meetings.[MUSIC] Let's talk now about the language you need if you're the chair person, or the person who is leading a meeting. First, of course, you have to get people's attention by saying something like okay, let's get started, or shall we begin. If it's possible that everyone doesn't know each other, make introductions. You can say, this is Michael Lee from finance, or, do you all know Michael Lee from finance? Sometimes a group is meeting for the first time. In that case, ask people to introduce themselves. && Let's take a couple of minutes for people to introduce themselves. Michael, why don't you start? && Next, state the objectives of the meeting. Explain what you need to do or what you hope to finish in the meeting. && Today we need to make a decision about the budget. By the end of this meeting, I hope we'll have a decision on the location. && You can also refer to the agenda, if you made one, or just state your plan. You may need to explain who will do what. Use words like first, then, next, after that. And finally, to explain the order of the items. Then ask if there are any questions. This should only take a minute or two. && Here's what's on our agenda today. The first thing on our agenda is the budget. First, we're going to look at the cost of the project and then discuss our options. Then Neil will show us some data, and then Erik is going to tell us what the committee recommends. And finally, if we have time, we'll discuss the latest budget. And questions before we begin? && Now it's time to get down to business. Here are some things you can say to start working on agenda items. && So, let's start with Neil. Should we start with the budget? Tina, would you like to begin? Erik is going to show us the cost estimate. && As the lead, it's important for you to manage the discussion so that everyone has an opportunity to contribute and one person doesn't talk all the time. Ask quieter people by name, to contribute. If one or two people dominate the discussion, thank them for their input before you ask someone else. Use other people's names as you ask them for their opinions or ideas. && Erik, what do you think? Okay, thanks Neil. You made a good point. You've raised an important issue. I'm glad you brought that up. Does anyone want to add anything? Are there any questions? && Just a word about the vocabulary here. Make a point, means to give a specific and logical reason. Keep track of how much time you give to each item in the agenda, and keep the meeting moving to accomplish its goals. && Let's move on to the budget. Are we ready to make a decision? We only have five more minutes. We need to watch the time here. && Sometimes people get off track in meetings. This means they start to talk about something else or get involved in a discussion that they don't have time to finish. It's the chair's job to pull people back to the topic or postpone a discussion until more information or maybe time is available. && Let's continue this in our next meeting or in email. Maybe this discussion could happen at a later time. How about postponing this discussion until our next meeting? && Postpone means to wait, to plan to do something later. Save a few minutes to summarize what has been decided in the meeting. && So we've agreed to change the date of the opening. Good, we've decided on the budget. Well, think we have a good plan. && What happens if you have tasks that you need someone to take care of? How do you make sure that everyone follows up? Remind people of what needs to happen next. The action items are what you are going to discuss at your next meeting. && Here are things we're going to follow up on. Erik is going to revise those cost estimates and send them to us. At our meeting next week, we'll discuss the building plans. && And don't forget to thank people for their participation. && Okay, thanks for your input everyone. All right, thanks everyone. Okay, good meeting. Thank you. Okay, see you next month. [MUSIC] 以 免費 的價格試聽課程
免費加入並獲得個性化推薦、更新和優惠。開始Coursera 致力於普及全世界最好的教育,它與全球一流大學和機構合作提供在線課程。(C) 2018 Coursera Inc. 保留所有權利。

我要回帖

更多关于 makemydecision 的文章

随机推荐