1.本站不保证该用户上传的文档完整性,不预览、不比对内容而直接下载产生的反悔问题本站不予受理。
2.该文档所得收入(下载+内容+预览三)归上传者、原创者。
3.登录后可充值,立即自动返金币,充值渠道很便利
你可能关注的文档:
··········
··········
Unit 1 Greeting and introuduction
Dialogues /monologues:
1、You can tell they lived during the Depression.
这里的"tell"是断定的意思,咳……常常把它的意思与(告知、告诉)联系在一起,脑子便
转不过弯来。
此句意思应该是: 你可以断定他们生活在那时的大萧条期。
2、He really knows how to bring a person out.
"bring a person out."是“鼓励一个人的”的意思。
整句话的意思是:他非常善于鼓励别人/使别人振作起来。
PS:to bring sb. out
意思为:to make someone feel more comfident, happy, and friendly /使某人更加自
3、he looks like his fun to be with.
整句话的意思是:他看起来是个很有意思的人。或,和他在一起应该会很有意思。
4、since we're going to recruit some staff so that we can get our new school going
since, 和 so that 是基于...原因的意思.根据意思我将其译成: 届时...将...以
整句话的意思是:届时我们将聘请一些工作人员以便使我们的新学校及时开学.
5、Would you address character description for the commercial and industrial arts
arts staff 怎么翻译?
==>你能够给商业与工艺美术的职员讲讲特征描述吗?
arts 跟前面的
commercial and indutrial 连在一起看,而非与后面的
(the commercial and industrial arts) staff.
6、There are a number of other positions to consider.
"A number of" 换成 "a lot of" 或者是”a great many”行不行,为什么?
==>可以换成
a lot of 或 a great many of,因为 position 是可数名词。如果这里是不可数
名词,则只能用
a number of 代替而不能用
a great many.
修饰可数/不可数都行:a number of/a lot of,
只能修饰可数:a great many of(与
many 性质一样)
7、Would you mind letting me take a look in your briefcase?
将"letting me"换成 "let me" 行不行,为什么?
==>不行,mind是动词,后面不能直接跟动词原形,一般接名词(或动名词),这里的
动名词形式。
8、I’m afraid I certainly do mind, if it’s all the same to you.
“Do mind”与” all the same”什么意思?
==>do mind: 在英语中强调动词,用助动词
do(各种时态)+动词原形。
==>all the same: 完全一样,用于强调。如:
Although you didn't complete it in time, I appreciate you all the same.
尽管你没有及时完成,我还是一样很感激你。
9、One day the life free from the harsh decrees of state-sponsored racial repression.
(种族压迫)
在这句话中,state-sponsored 翻译成什么意思最好?
==>state-sponsored:国家发起的。用于修饰 racial repressi
正在加载中,请稍后...非谓语动词_百度文库
您的浏览器Javascript被禁用,需开启后体验完整功能,
享专业文档下载特权
&赠共享文档下载特权
&10W篇文档免费专享
&每天抽奖多种福利
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
非谓语动词
阅读已结束,下载本文需要
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,同时保存到云知识,更方便管理
加入VIP
还剩3页未读,
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢补充听力(六)答案解析Part III Comprehension Section A 11. M: I’m no exp ert, but that nois e in you r refri gera tor doe sn’t sou nd goo d. Ma ybe you sho uld call and hav e it che cke d out. W: You ’re right , and I supp ose I’veListening【听前预测】由选 项均以原形动词开头 及 选 项 中 的 repairperson , fix her refrigerator可知,本题 可能考查与修女士的 冰箱有关的行为或建 议。 【解 析】选 [A]。对话中男士提到 should call and have it checked out(应该打 电话叫人来检查一 下),结合女士提到 的You’re right可知, 答案为[A]。check out 意为“检查,查看”; put sth. off意为“拖延 某事”;repair、make repairs、fix均表示“修 理”。put it off long eno ugh. Q: What will the wo man prob ably do? 12. M: No one can forget his first time going abroa d. Every thing that meets your eyes was new. And you were alway s full of curio sity to know every thing. W: You said it. Q: What does1【听前预测】根据 意思相反的两个选项 中有一个很可能是答 案的命题规律,将答 案锁定在 [B] 和[D] 之 间。 【解 析】选[B]。 女士的话You said it. 意为“你还真说着 了,可不是吗”,表 示同意对方的观点, 故答案为[B]。 the wom an mean ? 13. W: Do you kno w on whi ch date Ray wou ld like us to han d our assi gnm ents in? M: Your gues s is as goo d as min e. I’m the last one to kno w abo ut thes e thin gs. Q: What does the manmea n? 14. W: Did you hear what Geo rge did last nigh t? He was cook ing dinn er for the me mbe rs of the Dra ma Club and he spill ed the tom ato sauc e all over the kitc hen. M: Doe sn’t surp rise me one bit. He2【听前预测】选项 中 的 He , cooks , preparing food , kitchen 等表明,对话与He在 厨房做饭有关。 【解 析】选[B]。 对 话 中 女 士 提 到 …George…cooking …spilled the tomato sauce all over the kitchen ( …George… 做饭…把番茄酱洒了 一厨房),男士提到 He did the same thing…and chocolate cream ( 他 上 次 也 是 这样…只是洒的是巧 克力奶油)。[B]是对 双方对话的概括总 结,故答案为[B]。【听前预测】选项 中 的 know the date , forgot the time , assignment等表明,对 话与交作业的时间有 关。 【解 析】选 [A] 。 对 话 中 男 士 说 I’m the last one to know about these things ( 我 是 最 后 一 个知道这些事情的 人),言外之意就是 对这些一无所知,[A] 中的definitely doesn’t know是对the last one to know的同义转述, 故答案为[A]。be the last one to do sth.意为 “最后一个做某事的 人”,表示完全否 定。 did the sam e thin g last sem ester , only with a Spa nish club and choc olat e crea m. Q: What do we lear n abo ut Geo rge fro m the con vers atio n? 15. W: Do you think you could call a 【听前预测】选项 中 的 Call a taxi , for/with the woman, Drive the woman等表 明,本题与男士为女the train station ? M: Call a taxi? I’ll give you a ride mys elf. And it’s a long dista nce if we call a taxi, it will cost a lot. Q: What is the man goin g to do? 16. M: Well, it’s just that I can’t stay here all my life, can I? W:3到 的 I’ll give you a ride myself 可 知 , 男 士要载女士一程,故 答案为[D] 。[B]项中 Ride a horse是对give sb. a ride 的 错 误 理 解,故排除。【听前预测】选项 中 She wants/thinks 表 明,女士的话为听音 重点。 【解 析】选[B]。 对话中女士说 nobody ever suggested anything of the sort , 其 中 anything of the sort指的 是男士所说的stay here士做某件事有关。 taxi to 【解 析】选 take me to [D]。由对话中男士提No, of all my life,其中的here cours 指at home,故答案为 e you can’t, [B]。 nobo dy ever sugge sted anyth ing of the sort. When have I ever tried to keep you at home ? Q: What does the wom an mean ? 17. M: There seems to have been more childre n hurt by cars near theng a drivein hotdo g stand so close to the schoo l was not a good idea. Q: What has the wom an sugge sted? 18. W: John, what a mess! I don’t see 【听前预测】选项 中 的 He didn’t clean his room/the kitchen等 表明,对话与男士打 扫房子有关。 【解 析】选【听前预测】选项 中的Move,school, hotdog stand等表明, 对话可能涉及热狗店 或学校的迁移。 【解 析】选 [D]。对话中女士提到 Perhaps building a drive-in hotdog stand so close to the school was not a good idea.,school. 言外之意是把学校外 W: 面的热狗店移走,故 Perha 答案为[D]。 ps buildi4[A] 。 由 女 士 提 到 的 how you are what a mess!可知,女 doing 士生气是因为男士不 anythin g here. 打扫房间,故答案为 [A]。注意问题询问的 M: Mom 是女士生气的原因, , 而不是男士没有打扫 leave 房间的原因。 me alone . I’ve just been very busy study ing for latest issue. See, in the newspaper we’re 可知,女士在 going to protect and 报 纸 上 读 到 过 conserve some 关 于 Student of the open Action Coalition spaces on 这个组织的情 campus. W: That’s 况 , 故 答 案 为 right. You are [D]。 Q: Why the group is 20. What that’s John’ is the goal of opposing the s the Student extension of the moth parking lot Action er next to the Coalition? disgu Swing Hall, sted? 【解析】选 right? M: That’s us. [B] 。 选 项 均 以 We feel that it’s “To + 原 形 动 Now you will hear the two long important conversations. to save 词”开头表明, Conversation One some of the 本 题 可 能 考 查 natural beauty 【听前预测】选项中的the group,meetings,campus,students,rally等表 行为目的。根 on the 明,对话可能与校园里的某个组织或团队的活动有关。 campus, like 据 对 话 中 男 士 over-by Swing. 提 到 的 we’re Some of going to protect Questions 19 W: Hmm, hi. the trees there and conserve M: Hi. I’m to 22 are based are hundreds going door to on the of years some of the open door tonight to conversation spaces on old. tell people you have just W: It’s a campus 可 知 , about the heard. pretty spot. My 答案为[B]。 Student Action friends and I 19. How 【点睛】[B] have had Coalition. did the picnics over 中 的 preserve Do you have a woman first there by the few some open creek. learn minutes? on M: Then you spaces about W: Sure. You understand how campus 是 对 话 know, I think I the Student we feel. read conserve 中 Action We’re something organizing a some of the open in the newspaper on rally on Friday spaces Coalition? last afternoon campus 的 同 义 week. 【解析】选 to get the M: Yeah. [D] 。 根 据 对 话 转 述 , 其 中 administration There was an preserve 与 to 中女士提到的 I article about reconsider the conserve同义。 this in the read something5my finals . I will clean it up in the week end. parking lot plan. W: Well, I have a class then. M:But maybe you can sign this petition? We’re going to submit it to the administration to demonstrate how the students feel about this. W: Sure, let me get a pen and I’ll sign it. M: I have a pen right here. And let me leave you this pamphlet about the Student Action Coalition. Maybe you could come to some of our meetings. We get together once a month. W: Yeah. I’d like to know more about your group. Let me know when the next meeting is and I’ll try to be there.21. Why won’t the woman attend the rally on Friday afternoon? 【解析】选 [A] 。 根 据 对 话 中男士提到的 We’re organizing a rally on Friday afternoon…和女 士提到的I have a class then 可 知,周五下午 女士因为要上 课而不能参加 男士的集会, 故答案为[A]。 【点睛】[A] 是对女士所说 的 I have class then 的 同 义 转 述。 22. What does the woman agree to do? 【解析】选 [C] 。 选 项 均 以 原形动词开头 及 其 中 的 Help the man 等 表 明,本题考查 女士将来的行 为动作。根据 W: Hi, Tom. M: Hi, Kate. I haven’t seen you for weeks. Where have you been? W: In Florida. M: What? Vacationing while the rest of us have been studying on the campus in the February cold? W: Not exactly. I spent most of my time underwater. M: I don’t understand. W: I was on a special field trip. I went with my marine biology class. M: So you6对话中男士提 到 的 But maybe you can sign this petition? 和 女 士 提 到 的 Sure…I’ll sign it 可知,女士要 在请愿书上签 字,故答案为 [C]。Conversation Two 【听前预测】选项中的beach,Biology,jellyfish,Ocean 可能与海洋生物有关。 Questions 23 to 25 are based on the conversation you have just heard. 23. How did Kate spend most of her time in Florida? 【解析】选 [D] 。 根据 对 话 中女士即Kate提 到的I spent most of my time underwater.和男 士提到的So you went scuba diving.可知,答 案为[D]。 【点睛】问 题 中 的 spend went scuba diving. What were you looking for, sunken treasure? W: You might say so. The sea is full of treasures, all kinds of strange, fascinating organisms. Our class concentrated on studying plankton. M: I thought they were too small to be seen. W: That’s a common misconception. The plankton covers a wide variety of freely floating plants and animals, from onecelled organisms to large ones, such as the common jellyfish. M: Jellyfish may be large enough to be seen. But they are transparent, aren’t they? W: Yes, most floatingmost of her time 对应对话中的 spent most of my time 。 scuba diving 意 为 “ 戴 水肺潜水”。24. What kind of class went on the field trip? 【解析】选 [A] 。 由对 话 中 女士提到的I went with my marine biology class 可 知 , 答 案为[A]。 【点睛】听 清 对 话 中 的 marine biology class是解答本题 的关键。25.7plants and animals have transparent tissues. It makes them practically invisible to their enemies. M: But not invisible to your biology class, I hope. W: By concentrating, I was able to see the outlines of lots of different plants and animals. In fact, our professor even took photos of some of the small oceanic snails. M: How would the snails show up in the photo if they are transparent? W: We painted them with a harmless green dye. Since particles of the dye stuck to the tissues, the snails appeared in a green outline in the photos. M: That sounds like anAccording to Kate, what did her professor photograph? 【解析】选 [C] 。 由 对 话 中 提 到 的 our professor even took photos of some small oceanic snails 可 知,教授拍了 一些小海洋蜗 牛的照片,故 答案为[C]。 【点睛】问 题 中 的 photograph 作 动 词,对应对话 中的took photos of。 idea. Dikembe 描 述 进 行 合 理 推 became a star 理。 in the NBA, and a citizen of 27. How does the United States. But he Mutombo feel never forgot about the land of his building the birth, or the new hospital? duty to share 【解析】选[C]。 his fortune with others. He 短 文 引 用 Mutombo built a new hospital in his 朋友的一句话来表 old hometown 明 Mutombo 的 看 in the Congo. 法 : Mutombo 认 为 A friend has Section B said of this 是上帝给他这个机 Passage One good-hearted 会来做一些有意义 【听前预测】选项中的His work,personal development,His willingness to man: 的事,故答案为 “Mutombo help,share his money,protect children,saved a person等表明,短文可能在 believes that [C]。 介绍某人各方面的情况,主要是正面信息的介绍。 god has given 【 点 睛 】 [C] 是 him this 对 短 文 中 do great chance to do Questions 26 to In today’s things 的 同 义 转 great things.” class, we will 29 are based on the The second 述。 talk about passage you have hero, Julie some three just heard. Aigner Clark, heroes of our 28. What did searched for 26. What was time. Let’s the baby Einstein ways to share Mutombo begin with her love of Company Dikembe praised for? music and art do at its Mutombo. 【 解 析 】 选 with her child Dikembe beginning? after her Mutombo grew [D]。短文开始提到 【解析】选[A]。 daughter was up in Africa Dikembe Mutombo born. She 选项均以原形动词 among great 是NBA明星,但他 borrowed some 开头表明,本题考 poverty and equipment, and 没有忘记家乡,且 disease. He began filming 查行为动作。由短 came to 出资在家乡盖了一 children’s 文 中 提 到 Julie Georgetown 座医院,由此可 videos in her Aigner Clark…share University on a own house. The 知, Mutombo乐于 scholarship to baby Einstein her love of music and study medicine 帮助有需要的人, with her Company was art ― but coach 故答案为[D]。 born, and in child…She…began John just five years filming 【点睛】解答本 children’s Thompson her business took a look at 题的关键是根据短 videos…可推断出, grew to be Dikembe and 文 中 对 Mutombo 的 more than $20 the baby Einstein had a different interesting trip. W: It really was. M: But I think if I had been there, I’d much rather have spent my time just swimming and lying in the sun.8 million in sales. And she is using her success to help others ― producing child safety videos with John Walsh of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Julie says of her new program: “I believe it’s the most important thing I have ever done. I believe that children have the right to live in a world that is safe.” The third hero of ours is Wesley Autrey. A few years ago, Wesley Autrey was waiting at a Harlem subway station with his two little girls when he saw a man fall into the path of a train. With seconds to act, Welsley jumped onto the tracks, pulled the man into the space between the rails, and held him as the train passed right above their heads. HeCompany 一 开 始 是 销售儿童音乐和艺 术品的,故答案为 [A]。 29. Why was Welsley Autrey praised as a hero? 【 解 析 】 选 [D]。短文最后描述 了Welsley Autrey在 地铁站不顾自己的 安危救了一个掉进 地铁轨道的人,由 此可知,答案为 [D]。insists he’s not a hero. He says: “We’ve got to show each other some love.”Passage Two 【听前预测 】选项中的Queen Elizabeth,colonies,s Spanish Navy等表明,短文可能与英国的殖民史有关。 England was the first country to compete with Spain for claims in the New World, although it was too weak to do this openly at first. But Queen Elizabeth of England supported such explorations as early as the 1570s. Sir Humphrey Gilbert led the first English settlement efforts but failed. Gilbert’s halfbrother Sir Walter Raleigh continues his work. Raleigh sent a number of ships to explore the east coast of North America. He called the land Virginia to honor England’s unmarried Queen9Questions 30 to 32 are based on the passage you have just heard. 30. Why did Sir Walter Raleigh call the land Virginia? 【解析】选 [B] 。 选 项 均 以 “To+原形动词”开 头表明,本题可 能考查做某事的 目的。由短文中 提 到 的 He called the land Virginia to honor England’s unmarried Queen Elizabeth 可 知 , 答案为[B]。 【点睛】[B]中 的show respect for 是对短文中提到 的honor的同义转 述。 31. How did English ships Elizabeth. In 1585, about one hundred men settled on Roanoke Island, off the coast of the present-day state of North Carolina. There settlers returned to England a year later. Another group went there the next year. This group included many women and children. But the supply ships Raleigh sent to the colony failed to arrive. When help got there in 1590, none of the settlers could be found. History experts still are not sure what happened. Some research suggests that at least some of the settlers became part of the Indian tribe that lived in the area. One reason for the delay in getting supplies to Roanoke was the attack of the Spanish Navy against England in 1588. King Philip of Spain had decided to invade England. But the smalldefeat the Spanish fleet? 【 解 析 】 选 [C] 。 选 项 中 的 Owing to , Due to , Because of 等 表明,本题与某事 发生的原因有关。 由短文中提到 But the small English ships combined with a fierce storm defeated the huge Spanish fleet 可 推 断 出 , a fierce storm 应 该 是 有 利 于 English ships 打 败 Spanish fleet , 故答案为[C]。 【点睛】But转 折处为常考点,是 听音重点。 32. Why did Queen Elizabeth stop exploring colonies? 【 解 析 】 选 [C] 。 短 文 中 提 …supporting 到 colonies…was extremely costly. So…took no more action…,[C]选项 中the cost was too high是对短文提到 的 extremely costly 的同义转述,故答10English ships combined with a fierce storm defeated the huge Spanish fleet. As a result, Spain was no longer able to block English exploration. England discovered that supporting colonies so far away was extremely costly. So Queen Elizabeth took no more action to do this. It was not until after her death in 1603 that England began serious efforts to start colonies in America.案为[C]。 【点睛】问题 中的stop 是对短文 中 提 到 的 took no more action 的同义 转述。Passage Three 【听前预测】选项中的man’s success as a species,a part foods,diet等表明,短文可能与人类的饮食有关。 Questions 33 to 35 are based on the passage you have just heard. 33. What can we learn about the ability to eat various foods? 【解析】选 [C]。短文开头就 提到,One of the reasons for our success as a species is ourOne of the reasons for our success as a species is our ability to eat and thrive on a large variety of foods. Many animal species have become extinct or are on the verge of extinction partly because they lack this adaptability. They need to feed on particular food: plant or a particular kind of animal or insect. If this source of food is removed for any reason, then the animal concerned is unable to change to a different diet. Gradually it becomes extinct. We know that many animal species have died out, but so have some human species such as the early form of man that is called Neanderthal man. Perhaps part of the reason for his failure to survive was his lack of adaptability in his diet. Modern human beings are almost entirely free from the limitation of any particular food requirements. We are able to survive on a wide variety of foods including both animals and vegetables. For example, the Eskimos are almost completely meat eaters: seal, bear, whale meat and fish f the Aborigines of Australia, livingability to eat and thrive on a large variety of foods., 由此可知,答案 为[C]。 【点睛】问题 中的various foods 对应该句中的a large variety of foods,表示原因 的句子通常为考 点,听音时应注 意。 34. Why did the speaker quote the examples of Eskimos and Aborigines? 【解析】选 [D]。选项以“To+ 原形动词”开头表 明,本题考查行 为目的。短文中 提 到 Eskimos 和 Aborigines两个例 子,在举例子之 前 提 到 We are able to survive on a wide variety of foods including both animals and vegetables , 由 此 可知,这两个例 子是为说明人类 在饮食上的适应 性,答案为[D]。 【点睛】举例 子是为了说明观 点,听音时应注 意观点句在所举 例子前面还是后 面。 35. What is coconut11in arid desert regions, have learnt to survive by making use of forms of insect life as food to supplement their diet of wild fruits and roots. Men have learnt to survive in the deserts and dense rain forests, raise domesticated animals living at high altitudes so as to inhabit the mountainous regions like Tibet. In the Pacific islands, people have made the coconut as their chief food. Section Caccording to the passage? 【解析】选 [D]。短文最后提 到 , In Pacific islands, people have made the coconut as their chief food,[D]中 提到的main food 与 chief food 对 应,故答案为 [D]。36.【解析】ideal。空后的名词job表 明,本空应填一形容词对job进 行限定。 此句是说年轻人认为 good grades和excellent internships 就能帮助他们找到比较…的工作, 由此可推断 ,本空 所 填词应与 “好”有关。ideal意为“理想的”。 37.【解析】contrary。空前的转折 连词However表明,此句所表达 的意思与上 句相反,本空所填词 应有“相反”之意,且能与to搭配。 38.【解析】realistic。空前的不定冠 词a及空后的名词view表明,本空 应填一形容词。 39.【解析】entry。空前的an和空后 的level position表明,本空应填一 以元音音素开头的形容词。 40.【解析】potential。空前的形容词 greater earning表明,本空应填一名 词,共同构成介词to的宾语。 41.【解析】promotion。空前的不 定冠词a表明,本空应填一名词。 promotion意为“晋升”。 42.【解析】depending。空后的介词 on表明,本空应填一能与on搭配 的动词。因为逗号之间的句子没 有连词,故本空应填非谓语形式 的动词,作状语。 43.【解析】boast。分析空所在句的 结构可知,本句缺少谓语。空前 的主语young adults表明,本空应 填一原形动词,且能与空后的of 搭配。 44.【答案】Unless you are going into a specialized field where an accounting or science degree is needed, no one really cares as much as you may think 【 Main Points 】 Unless you are going into a specialized field requiring an accounting or science degree, no one really cares as much as you may think 45.【答案】When you walk out of the interview they must believe you are willing “to pay your dues” 【Main Points】When you go out of the interview they must believe you want to “pay your dues” 46. 【 答 案 】 On the contrary, this shows initiative and the willingness to go the extra mile for the company 【 Main Points 】 Instead, this shows initiative and the willingness12to do more for the firm补充听力(七)答案解析 Part III Comprehension Section A 11. W: How was the movie that you went to last night? I know how much you wanted to see it. M: Well, I was hoping for somethi ng really wonderf ul. But the movie was full of stereoty pes, and relation ships that never fully develop ed. Q: What does the 【听前预测】 选项中的movie, wonderful , wasn’t…good 等 表 明,对话可能与 对电影的评价有 关。 【解 析】选 [C]。对话中男士 提 到 I was hoping for something really wonderful. But… (我之前一直希 望能很精彩,但 是…), 由but 表 转折可知,电影 没有男士期望的 那么精彩,故答 案为[C]。 Listening man mean? 12. W: You must have enjoyed using your new camera on your trip. M: I would have, but after buying the new camera especiall y for that trip, I left it in the car with my friend who drove me to the airport. Q: What did the man say about his camera? 13. M: Hello. This is Tom Davis speaking. I have an appointm ent with Mrs. Jones for nine o’clock this【听前预测】 由 选 项 中 的 He left/lost it 等 可 知,对话可能与 男士丢了it有关, 听音时注意it指代 什么。 【解 析】选 [D]。对话中男士 提到left it in the car with my friend(把 它落在朋友的车 上了),[D]是对 男士的话的同义 转述,故为答 案。【听前预测】 由选项内容可 知,本题考查时 间,听音时应记 录相应的时间。 【解 析】选 [B]。根据对话中 男士提到的…nine o’clock…but…fift een minutes late13morning, but I’m afraid I’ll have to be about fifteen minutes late. W: That’s all right, Mr. Davis. She doesn’t have another appointm ent scheduled until ten o’clock. Q: When will Mr. Davis most probabl y meet Mrs. Jones? 14. W: I have a complai nt to make, sir. I had waited ten minutes at the table before the waiter showed up, and I finally got served. And I found it was not(…9点…但…要 晚 15 分 钟 ) 和 女 士提到的That’s all right ( 没 关 系 ) 可知,见面时间 应为9:15,故答案 为[B]。【听前预测】 由选项均为地点 可知,本题可能 考查对话的地点 或场景,问题以 Where开头。 【解 析】选 [B]。对话中女士 提到waiter(服务 员 ) 、 ordered (点菜)以及 meal ( 饭 ) , [B] 中 的 “restaurant” 与此对应,故答 案为[B]。show up 意 为 “ 出 现 ” ; as what I ordered. M: I am terribly sorry, madam. It’s a bit unusuall y busy tonight. As compen sation, your meal will be free. Q: Where does the convers ation most probabl y take place? 15. W: Hi, Tony. How did your experi ment go yesterd ay? M: Well, it wasn’t as easy as I had thought. I have to continue doing it tonight. Q: What do we learn from the convers ation? 16. M: I thought you’dcompensation 意 为 “作为补偿”。finished your report. So I got tickets for the sympho ny tonight. W: Well, it’s not done. But it’s not due until next week. Q: What can be inferred about the woman? 17. M: Uh, looks like I’m going to be a little late for class. I hope Professor Clark doesn’t start on time today. W: Are you kidding? You can set your watch by the time he starts his class.选 项 中 的 She can’t/wants 表明, 女士的话为听音 重点。 【解 析】选 [C]。女士的话But it’s not due until next week ( 但 下 周才交)为听音 重 点 。 not due until…说明时间充 裕,即女士今晚 可能会和男士去 听交响乐,故答 案为[C]。【听 前 预 测 】 由 选 项 中 的 He wants/doesn’t allow his , students , punctual , late 等 可知,对话可能 与 He 或 其学 生 是 否准时有关。 【解 析】选 [A]。对话中女士 提 到 You can set your watch by the time he starts his class , [A] 项 是 对 女士的话的同义 转述,故为答【听前预测】 由选项中重复出 现 的 Tony 和 experiment 可 知 , 对 话 与 Tony 做 实 验有关。 【解 析】选 [D]。对话中男士 提 到 it wasn’t as easy as I had thought ( 没 有 我 原来想的那么容 易),[D]是对男 士的话的同义转 述,故为答案。【听前预测】案。set the watch Q: What can by the time sb. does be sth.直译为“以某人14 speaking. have just heard. W: Hello, Prof. 19. What’s Winston. This David’s is Eliza Smith calling. I’m problem? 【解析】选 living two doors down [C]。由对话中女 18. W: Can you 【听前预测】 from your give me 士 提 到 的 teaching 由The man doesn’t an David…lost his assistant, indication know /refuses 可 David voice and can’t as to 知,男士的话为 Williams. which talk… 可 知 , David asked way 听音重点。 me to call you David 声 音 哑 了 you’re 【解 析】选 because he 不能说话,故答 going to lost his voice 案为[C]。 vote, sir? [C] 。 男 士 的 话 I and can’t talk M: I thought had the right…not 【 点 睛 】 [C] to you that to reveal ( 我 有 himself. 中 的 unable to constituti M: Lost his onally I 权 … 不 透 露 ) 为 speak是对对话中 voice? Oh, had the 听音重点。[C]中 what a shame! lost his voice and right not to 的 refuses Is there can’t talk 的同义 only to anything I can 转述。 vote but answer 是 对 男 士 do for him? also not 的 话 的 同 义 转 W: Well, he has a to reveal class this 20. What how I 述,故答案为 afternoon [C]。 voted. favor does from 2:30 to Am I David want 4:00 and he right or someone won’t be able not? to teach it, but to do for him? Q: What do he doesn’t we learn 【解析】选 want to cancel from the [D] 。 选 项 均 以 it either. convers M: Want me 原形动词开头表 ation? to try to find 明,本题考查行 somebody else Now you’ll hear the two long to teach the 为动作或观点建 conversations. class? 议。对话中女士 Conversation One W: No, not 说What he wants 【听前预测】预览四道题各选项,由David’s class,David’s students等可 exactly. What he wants to do to do is to get 知,David可能是一位老师,对话可能与David的上课情况有关。 is to get someone to go in someone to for him, just to go in for him, pass back the M: Maths Questions 19 just to pass Department, to 22 are based mid-term back the midDoctor on the term exams. exams , 也 就 是 Winston conversation you He’s already15inferred 做某事的时间来 about 调时间”,形容某 Professor 人做某事非常准 Clark? 时。 M:W:M:W:marked them and they are on the desk in his office. The whole thing wouldn’t take more than ten minutes. His class is at 2:30, eh? Well, at that time I am going to be on campus anyway, so I can do it for him. What room is his class in? Building 4, Room 214. Will you need his office key to get the exams? He’s given it to me and I could bring it to you. Actually, that won’t be necessary. We have a master key in the Maths Department. So I can get into his office if necessary. Thanks very much, Prof. Winston. David doesn’t have another class to teach until Tuesday, and hopefully, he will be able to talk by then. He’ll找人帮忙把期中 考试试卷发下 去,故答案为 [D]。 【 点 睛 】 [D] 中 的 return 是 对 对话中pass back 的同义转述。 21. What does Eliza offer to do? 【解析】选 [B] 。 Eliza 在 提 到office key时说 I could bring it to you , 由 此 可 知 , 答 案 为 [B]。 【点睛】解答 本题的关键是听 清题目问的是 Eliza 而 不 是 Professor Winston 愿 意 做 什么。 22. What does Eliza almost forget to ask Prof. Winston to do? 【解析】选 [C] 。 Eliza 最 后 又 提 到 I almost forgot , 还 需 请 对 方 put up the16call you as soon as he can. Oh, yes, I almost forgot. Could you put up the next assignment on the board, too? It’s all the problems on Page 45, and they are due at the next class. M: No trouble at all. Thanks for passing all the news about David, and please tell him not to worry about anything.next assignment on the board(将 布置的作业写到 黑 板 上 ) , [C] 的内容是对该句 的同义转述,故 为答案。 【 点 睛 】 board指“黑板”; due 意 为 “ 到 期 的”。Conversation Two 【听前预测】选项中的listen to some music,violin,com 明,对话可能与演奏会有关,涉及到小提琴表演。 M: Would you like to go hear some music tonight? W: Where? To Peter’s Home again? M: No, let’s go to City Hall. There will be a concert there starting at nine. W: Don’t tell me it is the same thing we heard last time at Peter’s Questions 23 to 25 are based on the conversation you have just heard. 23. What are they going to do? 【解析】选 [C] 。 选 项 均 以 They are going to+ 原形动词开头表 明,本题考查对 话双方的打算。 对话一开始男士 问女士Would you like to go hear Home. M: No, those are symphonies we heard. But this time… W: Yes, symphonies. Frankly speaking, they are too heavy and complicated for me. I didn’ I should say I don’t understand classical music. M: Neither do I. I feel like hearing it sometimes, that’s all. I don’t want to talk you into going. But…you know, someone gave me two tickets this afternoon, I should make use of them, shouldn’t I? So here I am! W: Well, what sort of music will the concert have tonight? M: String Quartets. The composers are Haydn, Beethoven… I remembersome music tonight ? 接 着 女 士 问 To Peter’s Home again ? 男 士 回 答 No, let’s go to City Hall, 故答案为[C]。 【点睛】[D]中 的Peter’s Home是 根 据 To Peter’s Home again 设的 干扰项,听清男 士的回答No即可 排除。 24. does woman of What the thinksymphonies? 【解析】选 [D]。预览选项可 知,本题可能考 查 女 士 对 them 的 看法,且由[B]和 [C]可推测They指 某种乐器。女士 对 symphonies 发 表 了 看 法 : I don’t understand classical music , 故答案为[D]。 【点睛】听清 问 题 中 的 symphonies 是 解 答本题的关键。 25. Why17you told me the other day that you liked the violin better than any other musical instruments. W: Yes, I did say that. The violin is rather soft and sounds more or less like a human voice. M: I suppose you will like this concert, then the string quartet is a kind of delicate chamber music played by four musicians, let’s say, by a small fourmen orchestra, with two violins, one viola and one cello… W: In that case, I’ll go…By the way, why don’t you ask Doris to go with you? M: Doris? She hates anything “classical”. Se c tdoes the woman finally agree to go with the man? 【解析】选 [B]。对话中男士 说记得女士说过 她喜欢听小提 琴,然后介绍了 这场音乐会就有 小提琴,女士听 后 说 In that case, I’ll go(如果是那 样的话,我去…),由此可知, 女士是因为喜欢 小提琴才去的, 故答案为[B]。 【点睛】由男 士 提 到 的 you liked the violin better than any other musical instruments 可 知,女士喜欢小 提琴。 starving to the second fastest death while growing region millions more in the world in suffer from terms of lack of B population? nutrition. This Passage One 【解析】选[B]。 problem is further 题 中 的选 项 表 明 , 本 题 考 food shortage , large 【 听 前 预 测 】 预 览 三 道 题 各 选 项 , 结 合 26 complicated 查地点。由短文中 population等可知,短文应与世界人口及其引发的问题有关。 by the fact that 提 到 的 the fastest in places like growing region is America and Latin America, while Questions 26 to 28 Nowadays, Europe we Africa there is a are based on the closely obtain by trade follows it可知,答案 passage you have growing and consume awareness of just heard. 为[B]。 far more food 26. Which is the problem of 【 点 睛 】地点场 and resources one of the results a rapidly like oil than, 景 题 要 根 据 问 题 及 of increasing say, the 对 话 中 的 关 键 提 示 improved world average 信息进行判断。 medical skills? population. Indian, thus 【解析】选[C]。 This is largely leaving even the result of 短 文 中 提 less for the improved …improved 到 people in the medical skills, medical underdevelope which have skills…increasing…t d areas to lowered the he number of babies survive on. death rate and who survive early World at the same childhood , 由 此 可 population is time raised the 知,答案为[C]。 rising at a rate birth rate by of two percent 27. At what increasing live a year, and the rate is the world births and the fastest number of population growing babies who increasing per region is Latin survive early year? America, childhood. 【解析】选[A]。 while Africa There is a 本题考查数字,故 closely growing 听音时要留意短文 follows it. realization that However, the 中出现的相关数 food largest 字。由短文中提到 production absolute cannot keep 的 World population addition to the pace with is rising at a rate of world these two percent a year可 population is increases, the 知,答案为[A]。 in Asia which result of which 【 点 睛 】问题中 at present is that in some 的 increasing 对 应 短 contains about countries three-fifths of people are 文中的rising。 the people of already 28. Which is i o n18 were staffed by 了 导 致 disarray的 as many as 30 原因:The White employees, took House was open to Passage Two half of the second visitors…had no 【听前预测】预览三道题各选项,结合maintenance,constructed,tourists等 floor up. The difficulty in First Family had making their way 可知,短文可能与某个著名建筑物有关。 to get by with the upstairs from the eight or fewer official rooms,由 second floor In this lesson, Questions 29 to 此可推断出 ,白 rooms that were I want to talk 31 are based on left. By Lincoln’s 宫缺乏对参观者 about the history the passage you time, the situation 的有效管理 ,所 of The White have just heard. was intolerable. 以 才 导 致 了 混 House. At first, 29. How did The White House 乱 , 故 答 案 为 most Americans Americans feel was open to [C]。 didn’t think t officewas anything 【 点 睛 】 fall the White seekers, and the particularly into disarray 意 为 House in the merely curious special about the beginning? had no difficulty “陷入混乱”。 White House. 31. What in making their 【解析】选 Few had ever happened after way upstairs seen it or had any [A] 。 选 项 中 的 the White from the official idea what it They hated/loved rooms on the first mixed House was looked like, and it/have floor. Lincoln refurnished feelings 等 表 明 , even the families was so according to who lived there 本 题 可 能 考 查 uncomfortable the author? found it They 对 it 的 态 度 with the situation 【解析】选 completely 或感受 ,听音时 that he had a [D] 。 选 项 中 的 inadequate. 注意it指代什么。 private corridor When it was It more , 由短文中提 到的 constructed. He built, the White , also received a respected House was the At first…Few had damaged by $20,000 largest house in ever seen it or had tourists/got worse appropriation to the country and it any idea what it looked like ( 开 improve the again等表明,本 remained so until furnishings of the 题 可 能 考 查 It 的 after the Civil 始…很少有 人见 White House. 变化。根据短文 War. But it 过白宫或知 道白 The new 中提到的The new served so many 宫是什么样 子) furnishings did furnishings did not different 可推测出, 人们 not last for more last for more than purposes that 不关心白宫 ,故 than a few years. a few years. When little of it was 答案为[A]。 When Lincoln Lincoln was available for the was assassinated assassinated 30. Why in First Family to in 1865, the 1865, the White was the White actually live in. White House fell House fell into House in The first floor, or into disarray. No disarray可知 ,装 disarray “State Floor” was one really 修后的白宫在林 during made up entirely supervised the Lincoln’s time? 肯死后很快又陷 White House and the 【解析】选 during the first 入混乱之中 ,故 president’s [C]。短文中说明 答案为[D]。 five weeks. offices, which the world.19 A young couple 本题考查数字。短 who want to 文中提到,要买一 buy their own house may 套一室一厅的房子 have to pay 每 月 要 花 900 美 about $300,000 元 , 一 年 共 花 (though prices have fallen). 10800 美 元 , 如 果 For a flat with 要送孩子上学,每 one bedroom, 年最少要花5000美 one dining Passage Three room, a 元,两项加起来每 【听前预测】选项中的a couple to afford a child in a 年 要 花 15800 美 kitchen, and Asia,small number of newborn babies,married women want to bathroom, the 元 , 故 houses and have a job,high prices of 答 案 为 couple will pay education等表明,短文可能与亚洲新生儿数量减少有关,涉及到减少的原因 about $900 a [D]。 (房价和教育成本过高等)。 month. What’s 【点睛】短文 more, if they want to have a 中会出现两个以上 The small Questions 32 to child, the 的数字,正确答案 number of 35 are based on the child’s 经常要进行简单的 newborn education is passage you have babies, which very expensive. 计算。 just heard. has been For example, 34. What does the 32. What do we caused by high most author seem to prices and the learn from the kindergarten changing social believe that passage? charges are at situation of least $5,000 a Asian 【 解 析 】 选 women, is one year. In such a governments of the most [C] 。 短 文 中 提 到 situation, it’s should do? serious 在日本人们把双收 difficult to problems in 【 解 析 】 选 afford children. 入但没有小孩的夫 Asia. When The number [B] 。 短 文 中 最 后 people talk 妇叫做DINKS,即 of married 提 到 , Asian about it, you 表明该词是在亚洲 women who can hear a word want to governments must invented in 发明的,故答案为 take steps to continue [C]。 Japan, working improve the present “DINKS” increases situation… , 而 the 33. To buy a which means rapidly because Double Income flat and send a they enjoy their present situation 指 No Kids. child to jobs. However, 的是妇女生孩子和 In many if they want to 工 作 相 冲 突 的 问 major Asian kindergarte have children, cities like 题 , 故 答 案 为 n, how much they Seoul, immediately [B]。 will a couple Singapore, and have serious pay each year? 【 点 睛 】 the Tokyo, the cost problems. 【 解 析 】 选 of a house is Though most present situation 指 extremely high. [D] 。 选 项 表 明 , companies 的 是 women…have 【点睛】选项 中 的 It 指 代 的 是 the White House ; assassinate 意 为 “暗杀”,选项[D] 中的death与之相 对应。20 allow women to leave their jobs for a short time to have a baby, they expect women with babies to give up their jobs. In short, if they want to bring up children properly, both parents have to work, but it is hard for mothers to work. Indeed, women who want to continue working have to choose between having children or keeping their jobs. In a word, Asian governments must take steps to improve the present situation as soon as possible. Section Cto choose between having children or keeping their jobs。 35. What is the main problem being discussed in the passage? 【 解 析 】 选 [A] 。 短 文 一 开 始 就提出主要问题: The small number of newborn babies , 下 面 都 是 围绕这一问题展开 的 , 故 答 案 为 [A]。38. 【 解 析 】 exported 。 由 空 前 的 was 和being可推测,所填词应 是过去分词形式的动词。 39.【解析】inadequate。由空前的 were completely可推测,所填词 应是形容词或分词形式的动词。 根据上下文可推测,所填词应 有“不充分的”之意。 40.【解析】avoided。空前的have 和空后的effects表明,所填词应 是过去分词形式的动词。根据 上下文可推测,所填词应有“避 免”之意。 41. 【 解 析 】 undertaken 。 空 前 的 relief projects表明,所填词是过 去分词形式的动词,作后置定 语。undertake在此意为“采取”。 42.【解析】principles。分析句子 结构可知,所填词是本句的主 语,由谓语动词were可推测应 是复数名词。 43. 【 解 析 】 interference 。 空 前 的 government’s表明所填词应是名词。 government’s interference意为“ 政 府的干涉”。 44. 【 答 案 】 It was thought that people should help themselves, and thus the Government should not intervene 【Main Points】It was held that people should help themselves so the Government should not intervene 45. 【 答 案 】 This argument may or may not be valid, but a little more humanity shown by the Government could have done no36.【解析】remarkable。 由空前 的most和空后的fact可推测,所 填词应是形容词。remarkable在 此意为“明显的,值得注意的”。 37.【解析】proportions。由空前的 reached和such可推测,所填词 应是名词。proportions在此意为 “比例”,注意不要漏写词尾的s。21 harm 【 Main Points 】 The argument may or may not be valid, yet a bit more good 46.【答案】The violent overthrow of the British rule was increasingly advocated, and hatred of Britain grew 【 Main Points 】 The violent overthrow of the British rule was increasingly hatred grew 补充听力(八)答案解析 Part III Comprehension Section A 11. W: I really like those abstract painting s we saw in our art history class today. What do you think? M: I guess it’s somethin g I haven’t acquired a taste for yet. Q: What Listening supported, and humanity of the 12. Government could have donedoes the [A] 。 acquire a man taste for sth. 意为 mean? “爱好某物”。 M: You haven’t got the date fixed for the job interview yet, have you? W: There is a long waiting list. I have to wait until my name gets to the top. Right now, I don’t think I can do anything except wait patiently. Q: What does the woman mean? 13. M: I wonder what makes mother so upset these days. W: Father is cancelin g his vacation trip. He promised to take22【听前预测】 选项中重复出现 的 She , job interview 等 表 明,对话与女士 的工作面试有 关 。 由 She is expecting/will 可 知,女士的话为 听音重点。 【解 析】选 [B] 。 女 士 的 话 I don’t think I can do anything except wait ( 除 了等我什么也做 不了)为听音重 点 。 [B] 中 的 expecting 与 wait 对应,故答案为 [B]。【听前预测】 由选项中重复出 现 的 paintings 可 知 , 对 话 与 ?有 关。由He doesn’t like可知,男士的 话为听音重点。 【解 析】选 [A] 。 男 士 的 话 I haven’t acquired a taste ( 我 不 喜 欢)为听音重 点 , [A] 中 的 doesn’t like 是 对 haven’t acquired a taste 的 同 义 转 述,故答案为【听前预测】 选 项 中 的 Their father , her 和 unable , doesn’t 等表明,对话与 他们的父亲不做 某事有关,且涉 及到her。 【解 析】选 [A]。对话中女士 her abroad last year. But the company is asking father to postpone his vacation. Q: Why is their mother unhappy ?提 到 Father…promised to take her abroad last year. But… (父亲去年承诺 带她出国,但 是…),but后面 内容往往与前面 内容相反,由此 可知,父亲没有 履行承诺,[A]与 此一致,故为答 案。 【听前预测】 由选项中重复出 现的Laura可知, 对 话 与 Laura 有 关。 【解 析】选 [A]。对话中男士 提 到 Sure ( 当 然),结合女士at the moment. M: You can take your time. It will do if you let me know your decision in a day or two. Q: What does the man mean?可能涉及到女士 的 时 间 。 由 He thinks可知,男士 的话为听音重 点。 【解 析】选 [C] 。 男 士 的 话 You can take your time. 为 听 音 重 点。[C]中的there is no need…to hurry是对男士的 话的同义转述, 故 答 案 为 [C] 。 take one’s time意 为“某人不用着 急”。 【听前预测】 各 选 项 均 以 Jane 开头表明,对话 与Jane有关。 【解 析】选 [C]。对话中男士 提 到 she is the girl…with the most infectious laughter(她是笑 声最有感染力的 女孩),[C]中的 quite impressive most 与 the14.W: Say, Dave, can you fill in for me tonight at the restauran t? I’d like to go out of town.M: Sure, (Laura)提到的 Laura, if can you fill in for it is okay me(能帮我替班 with 吗)可知,[A]中 your 的Substitute for是 boss. When is 对 fill in for 的 同 your 义转述 ,故为答 shift? 案 。 fill in 意 为 Q: What does “ 代 替 ” ; shift 意 Dave agree to 为“轮班”。 do? 15. W: I have to 【听前预测】 think 选项中重复出现 about your 的the woman,her offer. I time 表明,本题 can’t say yes or no2316. W: Do you know who Jane is? I was asked to send her a message about the coming interview by the ABC Company . She has sent them an applicati on.infectious 相 对 M: Oh, sure, she is the 应 , 故 答 案 为 girl [C]。 sitting in the back of the classroo m with the most infectiou s laughter. Q: What can we infer from the conversa tion? 17. W: I need to have my phone installed. When do you think the painters will be finished, Mr. White? M: I expect them to stop work tomorro w. Then we’ll have to call in the electricia n and plumbers . Tell your movers to be ready by 15th and I’ll make sure that everythin g including your kitchen is just the way you want it.【听前预测】 选项均以动名词 开头且概括性强 表明,本题可能 考查对话主题。 【解 提 到 析】选 phone [D]。对话中女士 installed ( 安 电 话 ) 和 painters (油漆工),男 士 提 到 electrician ( 电 工 ) , plumbers ( 水 管 工 ) 和 movers (搬运工),只 有[D](建造个人 住房)才需要用 到这么多工种的 人,故为答案。 do up 意 为 “ 重 新 装修”。Q: What are they discussin g? 18. W: Hi, this is Jane. We’re back home from the holiday in Hawaii. Come over and visit us tonight after you’ve had your dinner, would you? M: I have a class in the morning, and Mary is busy preparing for her exam. Q: What can we infer from the conversati on?【听前预测】 选 项 中 的 The woman is inviting , visit the woman , the man 等表明,对话与 女士对男士的邀 请有关。 【解 析】选 [B]。对话中男士 提到I have a class in the morning, and Mary is busy preparing for her exam.(我上午有 课,玛莉忙着复 习考试),由此 可知,他婉拒了 女士的邀请,故 答案为[B]。Now you will hear the two long conversations. Conversation One 对话与男士的工作面试有关。【听前预测】选项中的His resume,taking an interview,M:Questions 19 Good morning, to 22 are based Miss White. on the24 I’m Bill Green. Yesterday afternoon I called you. W: Ah, yes, Mr. Green, I remember our appointment. You said you have some trouble finding a job? M: Yes. You see, personally I think I have got good qualifications . But out of some reason, I often fail during or after the interview. W: May I have a look at your resume? M: Sure. W: Well, first I must say, your resume has outlined your past very well, but only a statement of past can rarely get you inside a company. I suggest you give employers an example of what you can do for them. You may create a new area in your resume. Callconversation you have just heard. 19. When did the man call the woman last time? 【解析】选 [C]。选项表明, 本题考查时间。 对话开始男士说 Yesterday afternoon I called you… , 由 此 可 知,男士在昨天 下午已经给女士 打过电话了,故 答案为[C]。 【点睛】听清 问题中的last time 是解题的关键。 注意根据选项中 的提示去听对 话。 20. What is true about the man? 【解析】选 [D]。由对话中男 士 提 到 的 So I always feel it’s like facing an enemy可 知,答案为[D]。 对话中男士说 personally I think I have got good qualifications , 由 此排除[A];对话 中女士看完男士it “value offered”. In two sentences, state the value you would bring to that particular employer. M: Oh, I get that point! W: But be specific and create a separate resume for each company you approach. By the way, do you feel nervous at an interview? M: Oh, yes. I always think these interviewers want nothing but to humiliate me. So I always feel it’s like facing an enemy. W: Then you should give yourself an attitude adjustment. Remember, employers want to hire you. A company holds interviews so it can find the best person for the job. If25的 简 历 说 your resume has outlined your past very well,由此排 除[B];对话中女 士 问 男 士 do you feel nervous at an interview? , 男 士 回答yes,由此排 除[C]。 21. What does Miss White suggest to the man about his resume? 【解析】选 [C]。选项中重复 出现的He should 表明,本题很可 能考查对He的建 议,女士的话为 听音重点。对话 中女士看完男士 的简历后说, You may create a new area in your resume. Call it “value offered”, 故答案为[C]。 【点睛】value offered意为“供职 价值”。 22. What kind of company do you think Miss White works in? 【解析】选 [B]。对话中女士 you convince yourself the manager wants to hire you, you will have a positive attitude at the interview and your attitude might influence the manager to feel good about you. M: Thank you, Miss White. I have learned a lot from what you’ve told me. W: You’re welcome. I wish you good luck.reservation [C]。对话中男 record…Thank 给了很多建议, 士 要 订 6 月 27 you for waiting, 可见女士是在一 Sir. I’m afraid 到 29 日 的 房 our hotel is fully 间,女士告诉 家咨询公司工 booked on June 作,故答案为 男 士 6 月 27 日 27th. Is it [B]。 possible for you 房 间 已 预 订 to change your 完,故答案为 【点睛】推断 reservation date? [C]。 题要根据对话中 How about from 说话人的对话内 【点睛】 28th to 30th of June? [D] 中 的 books 容等进行合理推 M: No, that’s 断。 是名词,意为 impossible. That date is my “图书”,而此 anniversary. I 处 book 是 动 want to give my wife a surprise 词 , 意 为 “ 预 and celebrate it 订”。 at the hotel. 24. Why does W: Well, we might the man have respond cancellations. negatively Could you call us again closer to the to the date? Conversation Two woman’s M: Sure, but if you 【听前预测 】选项中的 The hotel , room available , cancel his reservation suggestion? have any 【解析】选 record等表明,对话与男士预订酒店房间有关。 cancellations, could you let [A]。对话中女 me know as 士告诉男士6 Questions W: Good afternoon, soon as Ping Pang 23 to 25 are 月27日的房间 possible? Hotel. May I based on the W: I’m very sorry, 已预订完,希 help you? sir. But we are conversation 望他能考虑换 M: Yes, I’d like to unable to do you have just make a that. We would 时间,但男士 heard. reservation, appreciate it 断然拒绝因为 please. 23. Why does very much if W: Certainly, sir. the woman you could call 那天是他的结 Which date 婚纪念日,他 us instead. suggest would that be? M: Well, are you 想给太太一个 that the M: From 27th kidding? If man until 29th of that’s the case. 惊喜,故答案 June. change his W: We’re very 为[A]。 W: Could you reservation sorry, sir. We 25. What might hold on a hope you date? the man moment, please? understand. 【解析】选 think of the I’ll check our M: OK, I know26针对男士的简历 make sure not to sitting beside get lost or waste the driver? time going around 【解析】选 [D]。选项中的 in circles. [A] 。 选 项 均 以 receptionist is Do the map 原形动词开头表 reading if you’re not serious , 明,本题可能考 being driven charge is somewhere. It’ll 查建议。短文中 reasonable , be easier if you 提到you can give keep turning the the driver lots of service is very map so it follows warning before poor 等 表 明 , the direction having to make a 本题与对酒店 you’re traveling turn , 言 外 之 意 in. Keep looking 就是要及时地给 服务的评价有 ahead so that you 司 机 指 方 向 , 关。对话中男 can give the [A] 是 对 give the 士希望酒店能 driver lots of driver lots of warning before warning 的 同 义 及时通知退房 having to make a 情况,可工作 转述,故答案为 turn, or you’ll 人 员 却 用 we have to move [A]。 【 点 睛 】 back to the back are unable to when sitting seat. do that 拒 绝 Get a group of beside the driver 了,通过男士 friends together 与 短 文 中 的 or and go exploring. you’ll have to you 说的Thank You’ll need a move back to the for nothing 可 good map, a back seat对应。 以看出,他觉 compass, a 27. Why do you raincoat, a cell 得酒店的预订 need to tell phone to call for someone 服务很差,故 help in case you your 答案为[D]。 get lost, and a bit exploration of spare cash for plan before emergencies. Tell setting out? Section someone where 【解析】选 B you’re going [B] 。选项均以 Passage One before you set out and let them know 不 定 式 开 头 表 【听前预测】选项中的map,exploration,activities等表明,短文可能与户 what time expect 明,本题考查做 外活动有关。 you to be back. 某 事 的 目 的 或 The test is not 原因。短文中提 getting lost, not in 到了出行前的准 It’s great fun to Questions 26 seeing how fast 备,其中提到, explore new to 28 are based you can go, so 出发前要把自己 places ― it feels on the passage always stick 的出行计划告诉 like an adventure, you have just together, waiting even when you heard. for slower friends 给某个人,目的 know you’re not 26. What should 就是万一自己出 to catch up. the first to have one do when See if your 事故,有人可以 been there. But hotel? 【解析】选27what you mean. Thank you for nothing. school or a club organizes orienteering activities, in which you need a map and a compass to find your way. This can be done as a sport, with teams trying to find the way from A to B (and B to C, etc.) in the fastest time, or simply as a spare-time activity. Either way, it’s not only good fun, but a great way to keep fit.exactly what general idea motor engineers of how the are doing in noise-killing Germany and system works? some other 【解析】选 countries. [D] 。 选 项 均 以 Carmakers’ “By + doing”开头 research and 28. What do we 表明,本题考查 development learn about 方式方法。短文 laboratories orienteering have already 中 提 到 噪 声 消 除 activities proved that 系 统 的 工 作 原 from the mixing in more 理 : 如 果 两 种 相 passage? noise with the 同 频 率 的 噪 音 混 【解析】选 help of 合 , 一 种 声 波 的 [B] 。 选 项 中 重 loudspeakers 最高点同时碰到 复 出 现 的 They can reduce the 另一种声波的最 can make/help unwanted noise. people 表 明 , 本 低点,噪音就消 Physicists 题考查They对人 have known 失 了 , 接 着 提 到 们的影响。短文 about the 对 噪 音 进 行 完 美 technique for a 复 制 , 把 复 制 噪 提到,学校或俱 long time. 音 推 迟 半 个 波 周 乐部组织的定向 Sound is made 期 , 我 们 就 可 以 越野活动有助于 up of pressure 消 除 不 想 要 的 噪 保持身体健康 waves in the air. 音,[D]的内容正 (a great way to If two sound keep fit),故答 waves of the 是 对 此 的 同 义 转 案为[B]。 same frequency 述 , 故 答 案 为 【点睛】注 mix so that the [D]。 highest point of 【 点 睛 】 意 not only…but one wave noise-killing also 表 并 列 的 用 happens at the system 指的是 “噪 法,侧重点在后 same time with 音 消 除 系 统 ” ; 面;[B]中的stay the lowest point Therefore 表 结 healthy是对短文 of the other 果,后面的句子 中keep fit的同义 wave, the result 转述。 is no sound. 为 常 考 点 , 听 音 Therefore, by 时要给予重视。 producing a 30. What can the Passage Two perfect copy of noise-killing 【听前预测】选项中的sound waves,unwanted sound waves等表明,短文可 the noise and system do delaying it by besides its 能与噪音有关。 half a wave main cycle, we can function? The idea of Questions 29 to kill the 【解析】选 fighting a noise 31 are based on unwanted noise. [A] 。 选 项 中 的 It by making more the passage you Using this can make/ noise sounds have just heard. technique many reduce/improve 表 strange, but that’s 29. Which gives a carmakers are 明,本题可能考28帮你,故答案为 [B]。 【点睛】本 题需要考生根据 短文内容进行合 理推断。 racing to develop noisekilling systems both inside and outside the cars. Another good thing about the use of noisekilling systems is that it saves the need for a silencer, which not only reduces the weight of a car, but also makes the motor burn less oil and work better. Some engineers believe that the noisekilling system will be used in most cars by 1996. But the carmakers haven’t decided if they will put it into production because it would add several hundred dollars to the cost of their cars.I entered high Questions 32 school having to 35 are based read hundreds of on the passage books. But I was you have just not a good reader. heard. Merely bookish, I 32. What did the lacked a point of speaker view when I read. think on Rather, I read in hearing the order to get a teacher’s point of view. I suggestion of searched books reading? for good 【解析】选 expressions and [D] 。 短 文 开 头 sayings, pieces of 说话者提到一位 information, 老师在英语课上 ideas, themes ― anything to enrich 的 建 议 : “ 一 个 my thought and 人至少得读两千 make me feel 本书思想才能深 educated. When 刻 ” , 说 话 者 听 one of my 后决定将读过的 teachers 书列成一个书 suggested to his 单 , 故 答 案 为 sleepy tenth-grade [D]。 English class that 【点睛】首 a person could not have a 先要听到问题中 老师的阅读建议 “complicated idea” until he had ( suggestion of read at least two reading)在短文 thousand books, I 中是指什么,并 heard the words 结合说话者的做 without 法 ( make a list recognizing either of all the books I its irony or its very complicated had ever read ) truth. I merely 作出判断。 determined to 33. What do we learn about make a list of all the speaker the books I had at high ever read. Strict school? with myself, I 【解析】选 included only once a title I [A] 。 短 文 中 提 Passage Three might have read 到,说话者在高 thousand books,plans for中时看了报纸上 【听前预测】选项中的read,two several times. reading等表明, (How, after all, 一位教授推荐的 短文与读书的相关情况有关。 could one read a29查 It 的 作 用 。 短 文中提到噪音消 除系统的优点之 一 : reduces the weight of a car。 [A] 中 的 make a car lighter 是 对 此 的同义转述,故 答案为[A]。 31. Why isn’t the noise-killing system yet popular? 【解析】选 [C] 。 选 项 中 的 It , tried out , doubts , not sure 等表明,本题可 能考查It不被看好 的原因。短文最 后提到,一些工 程师相信噪音消 除 系 统 在 1996 年 将能应用到大多 数汽车上,但汽 车制造商还不确 定是否批量生 产,因为这种噪 音消除系统会add several hundred dollar to the cost of...cars , 即 会 提 高汽车成本,故 答案为[C]。 【 点 睛 】 But 转折处、if虚拟语 气、because表原因的句型为常考 点,是听音重 点。 book more than once?) And I included only those books over a hundred pages in length. (Could anything shorter be a book?) There was yet another high school list I made. One day I came across a newspaper article about an English professor at a nearby state college. The article had a list of the “hundred most important books of Western Civilization.” “More than anything else in my life,” the professor told the reporter with finality, “these books have made me all that I am.” That was the kind of words I couldn’t ignore. I kept the list for the several months it took me to read all of the titles. Most books, of course, I hardly understood. While reading Plato’s The Republic, for example, I needed to keep looking at the introduction of the book to remind myself what the text was about. However,书单,然后按照 书单去阅读,由 此可知说话者在 有计划地读书, 故 答 案 为 [A] 。 [C] 为 强 干 扰 项 , 是 对 And I included only those books over a hundred pages in length 的 误 解。 【点睛】听 清 问 题 中 的 at high school 是 解 答本题的前提; 推理判断题要根 据细节进行推 理。 34. What is the speaker’s purpose of mentioning The Republic? 【解析】选 [D] 。 选 项 均 以 不定式开头表 明,本题考查做 某事的目的。说 话者在报纸上看 到一位教授所列 的书单后就按照 书单去阅读,但 对书中的内容并 不理解,可以推 断出提及此事只 为说明他在盲目 地阅读,故答案 为[D]。 【点睛】举 例是为了说明一 定的道理,只要 将举例听清楚 了,选择答案应30with the special patience and superstition of a schoolboy, I looked at every word of the text. And by the time I reached the last word, pleased, I persuaded myself that I had read The Republic, and seriously crossed Plato off my list.该不算很难。 35. Why does the speaker provide two book lists? 【解析】选 [B] 。 选 项 均 以 不定式开头表 明,本题考查做 某事的目的。短 文中提到说话者 在高中时列了两 个书单,一个是 自己所读过的 书,另一个是一 位教授推荐的书 单,其目的是讲 述自己在高中的 读书经历,故答 案为[B]。Sec tio n C 36.【解析】harmoniously。空前的 live和空后的in the family表明, 本空应填一副词。harmoniously 意为“和谐地”。 37.【解析】stretching。空前的形 容词new和空后的of表明,本空 应填一名词。stretching意为“延 伸,发展”。 38. 【 解 析 】 assimilated 。 空 前 的 become firmly和空后的in表明, 本空应填一形容词或分词形式 的动词。assimilated意为“消化 的,吸收的”。 39. 【 解 析 】 hostility 。 空 前 的 suspicion和and表明,本空应填 一与suspicion语义并列的名词。 hostility意为“不友好”。 40.【解析】mutual。空后的respect 和comprehension表明,本空应 填一形容词。mutual respect and comprehension意为“相互尊重和 理解”。 41. 【 解析 】 optimism 。空前的 for 表明,本空应填一名词。 optimism意为“乐观主义”。 42.【解析】intensify。空前的动词 不定式符号to和空后的divisions 表明,本空应填一原形动词。 intensify意为“加剧,加大”。 43.【解析】reduction。空前的形容 词new和空后的in表明,本空应 填一名词。reduction意为“减小, 缩小”。 44. 【 答 案 】 Wider access to more people will be a doubtful victory if they find they have nothing to say or cannot stand to listen to each other 【Main Points】Wider access to more people will be a doubtful success if they find they have nothing to say or cannot stand to listen to each other 45. 【 答 案 】 In the world of tomorrow we can expect to live not merely vacation in societies which seek different values and abide by different codes 【Main Points】In the world of tomorrow we can expect to live not merely vacation in societies that seek different values and comply with different codes3146.【答案】If people currently show little tolerance or talent for encounters with alien cultures, how can they learn to deal with constant coexistence 【 Main Points 】 If people currently show little tolerance or talent for encounters with foreign cultures, how can they learn to handle constant and inevitable coexistence and inescapable补充听力(九)答案解析 Part III Comprehension Section A 11. W: What a shame about your accident! What a way to end your holiday! M: Yes, it was bad luck. I suppose I should have been more careful. Q: What are the two speakers talking about? Listening【听前预 测】由选项均 为名词(短 语)可知,本 题可能考查对 话话题。 【解 析】 选 [B] 。 由 对 话中女士提到 的 your accident 和 男 士 提 到 的 I should have been more careful 可 知 , 双方在说男士 发生的一场事 故,故答案为 [B]。 12. M: I have to go to class because I have a test, but if I could, I’d go with you to the movie. 【听前预 测】根据意思 相反的两个选 项中有一个可 能是答案的命 题规律,答案 锁 定 在 [A] 和 14.[B] 。 干 扰 项 [C] 中 的 jam (果酱)是对 traffic jam的错 误 理 解 。 hold up 意 为 “ 延 迟”。 【听前预 W: Mary is always 测】由选项中 complaining 的 The woman about her should 可 知 , job. M: Maybe if you 男士的话为听 tried typing 音重点。 letters every 【解 析】 day, you’d see what it’s 选[A]。男士的 like. you 话 if Q: What does tried…, you’d the man mean? see…(如果你 尝试…,你就 知道…了)为 听音重点。[A] 是对男士的话 的同义转述, 故为答案。 15. W: The dean just announced that Dr. Jeffery is going to take over as Chairperson of the English Department. M: I knew it all along. He was the obvious choice. Q: What does32W: That’s too [B]之间。 bad. I wish 【解 析】 you could 选 [B] 。 由 对 come along. 话中男士提到 Q: What can we learn from I have a test可 the 知,答案为 conversatio [B]。if I could, n? I’d…为虚拟用 法,表示愿 望。 13. W: The play should have begun ten minutes ago. What’s holding things up? M: The main actor is caught in a traffic jam. Q: What do we learn from the conversatio n? 【听前预 测】由选项中 The main actor , delayed , on his way 等 可 知,对话可能 与主演迟到有 关。 【解 析】 选[B]。对话中 男 士 提 到 is caught in a traffic jam(赶 上 交 通 拥 堵),[B]中的 delayed by traffic 与 此 一 致,故答案为【听前预 测】根据意思 相反的两个选 项中有一个很 可能是答案的 命题规律,答 案 锁 定 在 [B] 和 [D] 之 间 。 由 He thought 可知,男士的 话为听音重 点。 【解 析】 the mean?man 选[B]。男士的 话 He was the obvious choice (他是理所当 然的选择)为 听音重点,[B] 是对男士的话 的同义转述, 故为答案。 take over 意 为 “接管”。have to leave for the airport in half an hour. M: OK, one more phone call and I’ll be ready to leave. Q: What are they going to do?the airport 和 Browns可知, 对话可能与布 朗一家去机场 有关。 【解 析】 选 [D] 。 由 女 士 提 到 的 The Browns have to leave for the airport 和 男 士 提 到 的 I’ll be ready to leave 可知,对话双 方要送布朗一 家去机场,故 答案为[D]。【听前预 16. W: Where can I find a map 测】选项中的 of the a campus university map , campus? M: Have you information the tried the about information campus 等 表 center? 明,对话可能 Q: What does 与校园的地图 the man imply about 或信息有关。 the 【解 析】 information 选[A]。根据对 center? 话中男士提到 的 Have you tried the information ce

我要回帖

更多关于 汉语中有动名词吗 的文章

随机推荐