1.本站不保证该用户上传的文档完整性,不预览、不比对内容而直接下载产生的反悔问题本站不予受理。
2.该文档所得收入(下载+内容+预览三)归上传者、原创者。
3.登录后可充值,立即自动返金币,充值渠道很便利
需要金币:350 &&
英语俚语 史上最全最地道
你可能关注的文档:
··········
··········
Safeandsound安然无恙Safebind,safefind.藏的稳,找的准Asaintabroadandadevilathome.在外是圣人,在家是魔鬼saltoftheearth社会中坚Thesameknifecutsbreadandfingers.同是一把刀,切面包时也会切着手指。Savingisgetting.节俭等于增加收入。Sayinganddoingaretwodifferentthings.说和做是两回事Thesandsarerunningout.时间不多了ScratchmybackandI'llscratchyours.互相奉承Thesearefusesnoriver.大海不拒江河seeeyetoeye看法完全一致seehowthecatjumps观望形势seehowthewindblows观察风向;了解情况seethelight恍然大悟Secondthoughtsarebest慎思为佳Seeingisbelieving.眼见为实Seekthetruthfromthefacts.实事求是separatethesheepfromthegoats区分善恶serveoneright罪有应得settheThamesonfire干大事,做不寻常之事Shipsfearfiremorethanwater.船怕水,但更怕火。Shipshape井井有条showtheclovenhoof原形毕露showone'scolours暴露真面目showthewhitefeather胆怯Ashycatmakesaproudmouse.猫胆子小,老鼠胆大shylock不择手段的守财奴SimonLegree残暴之徒Simplediet,healthychildren.粗茶淡饭,孩子健康sinkorswim孤注一掷Sitabovethesalt坐上席,受尊敬sitonthefence骑墙,固守中立sitonavolcano处境十分危险sitpretty处于有利地位;过舒服日子sixandfalfdozen半斤八两sixthsense第六感官skateonthinice如旅薄冰Theskyisnotlessbluebecausetheblinddoesnotseeit.蓝天并不因瞎子看不见而减少sleepadog-sleep打个盹儿sleeplikealog沉睡不醒slipofthetongue说走了嘴Slandersbymanymouthscanmeltametal.众口铄金Sitstealshalfone'slife.睡眠是贼,他偷走了人的一半生命。Smallgainsbringgreatwealth.集小利,成巨富。Asmallleakwillsinkagreatship.小漏不补沉大船smellarat觉得可疑thesmilerwiththeknifeunderthecloak笑里藏刀snakeinthegrass暗藏的危险Asnowyear,arichyear.瑞雪照丰年Sosaid,sodone.这么说,就这么干Softfiremakessweetmalt.文火煮出好麦芽糖,满工出细活softsoap奉承话Sometimesthebestgainistolose.微损有时获巨利Soonlearnt,soonforgotten.学的快,忘得也快。Soonerorlater,thetruthcomestolight.真相迟早会大白sorespot痛处;伤疤SOS求救信号Sreapnothing.不播种,无收获。Spinayarn编造故事splitone'ssides笑破肚皮Thespokenwordcannotbeswallowed.说出的话收不回Aspotismostseenonthefinestcloth.在最精美的布上,污点最容易被发现。Sowthewindandreapthewhirlwind.种下的是风,收获的确是飓风。Sparetherodandspoilthechild.不用鞭子,宠坏孩子。Ssilenceisgold.雄辩是银,沉默是金speedthepartingguest祝客人一路顺风Thespritiswillingbutthefleshisweak.力不从心squarepeginaroundhole不适合standonone'sownfeet自立;不依靠他人Starsarenotseenbysunshine.日出星隐,相形见绌。Startfromscratch从头开始startonthewrongfoot迈错第一步stayput留在原处stealone'sthunder抄袭,模仿steerclearof避开Stepbystep,thel
正在加载中,请稍后...Tap here to turn on desktop notifications to get the news sent straight to you.
Jinna Yang
I quit the cubicle life to travel the world. You can too, but is that the life you really want?
My post-college life started off just the way my advisor told me it was supposed to -- working an awesome job in the coolest city in the world. Right?
Wrong. The truth is, three years later, I'm sitting in front of a computer baking under fluorescent ceiling lights, dragging my hungover ass into a crowded conference room every few hours to zone out under the voice of my manic boss. Lunch breaks? Ha, fancy. Seamless (for those of you who don't know what seamless is, it's a Godsend online food delivery service) it is, five work days in a row, delivered to the front desk so I can burn an extra few calories trotting over to reception to pick it up. Bring it back to my desk, park my ars back into my fancy swivel office chair and have a sweet spoonful of more Microsoft Excel for dessert.
I left my nine to five corporate job life in February of this year. It's now August. I still can't believe it's been six full months, and since then I've hiked a glacier in Iceland, frolicked around France twice, climbed down pool ladders into the Adriatic Sea off the coast of Croatia and gained 10 pounds in Italy.
Sounds perfect, right?
Wrong. Quitting your job to travel full-time may sound like the best thing in the world, and yes, it completely changed my life in so many wonderful ways, but the truth is, this lifestyle is filled with tough moments, and it's definitely not for everyone. Here are a few things to consider.
1. How happy are you?
I went through the most traumatic experience of my life, felt like the world came crashing down on me, felt trapped and didn't know how to get out. When life gets tough, it's natural to want an escape, and when you go through hard times, it motivates you to change something - your scenery, the people around you, your environment or your body. Travel opened my eyes to the beauty of the world, made me grateful for the simple things I once took for granted, and helped me find closure.
When you hit rock bottom, there's only one direction left to go. So if you are, like I once was, miserable waking up every day to go into your cubicle closet, hate the sound of your boss's voice and simply can't spend another second doing the same thing over and over again, it's time to consider saving up as much money as you can and begin planning your trip. Life is too short to be unhappy. Pick a destination and book your ticket to go see the world.
If not, cheers to you for your strength, finding happiness, following your dreams, and being passionate about a job that fulfills you.
2. What are you looking for?Traveling and vacationing are two completely different things. I think the difference lies in what you're looking for.I used to vacation. When I went on vacation, I was looking for a few days on the beach, mojito or coconut cocktail in-hand.
Relaxing. Spa days. I booked all-inclusive trips on Expedia or Priceline, complete with hotel, flight and excursions because it was easier than spending hours researching and reading through reviews. I usually chose an island, somewhere with awesome weather, and didn't feel the need to go explore the city because I was staying at an awesome resort. A vacation is very much a getaway, but I noticed that when I was on vacation, I didn't really get away. I didn't choose the hole in the w I chose the westernized, watered down version because that restaurant had an English menu and custom cocktails. I booked round trip tickets and all my days were scheduled. I always went with someone. If there was an outlet mall within a 10-mile radius I was there.
When I booked my ticket to travel for the very first time, I was looking for peace, closure and adventure. I was looking to be smacked in the face with the magnitude of the world. So I didn't make as many plans. My days weren't fully scheduled. I walked around aimlessly without wifi for hours. My wardrobe was limited to a few changes of clothes, I did my laundry in the sink, and only brought comfortable shoes with me. I journeyed alone for the first time, and opened myself up to meeting new people in random pubs and restaurants. I slept on a now-friend but then-stranger's couch for a night in London using Couchsurfing for the very first time. I started booking one-way tickets. I almost got gassed at an international protest, got cursed out by 60-year-old prostitutes after almost getting robbed in the middle of the day in Paris. I sweat out my hair, shirt and shorts dragging a life-size cutout of my dad and a 40 lb. backpack up the steps of a train station in Florence. I wasn't on a beach with a coconut cocktail, but jumping across glacier chunks, wrapping my only scarf around my face to lessen the pain of massive hail in Iceland instead.
Sometimes when I'm traveling I wish I was on vacation. Sometimes. So ask yourself -- are you looking for a vacation, or are you looking to travel?
3. Is money an issue for you?
The answer is supposed to this question is supposed to be yes. If money isn't an issue for you, then what the hell are you waiting for? Quit your damn job and go travel the world.
I saved up money from my job for four months to prepare to live off of my savings for at the very least one month abroad. That is not a lot of money, my friends. No more eating out. No more getting drinks after work. I sold almost all of my stuff to rake in the extra cash. And I'd be lying if I told you that it was easy. I switched in my steady paycheck for a life of uncertainty through freelancing as a photographer. I switched in my apartment lease to wake up on a friend's couch or a different hotel bed every week.
It may not be the smartest, most responsible decision to leave my life behind to soul search abroad. It definitely was not the most financially responsible. I can't eat everywhere I want. I walked past dozens of restaurants after seeing the prices on their menus. I can't feed the luxury shopping habit I once had. I'm living out of a suitcase and if you see me often, you'll notice I usually have to wear the same clothes over and over again. But one thing I do know is that the decision I made took courage, strength, purpose, and sacrifice. I had always dreamt of being my own boss, and the challenges of my past gave me the strength to make the jump to follow that dream. And if I can do it, so can you.
So ask yourself -- is there a way I can make money while traveling? Do I have enough saved up to survive for however long I want to travel for? Can I save a certain amount of money to open my own business?
4. How bad do you want it?
Are you complacent with your day to day life? Do you wake up in the morning excited to start the day, or are you dragging yourself out of bed begrudgingly trudging to work? How bad do you want to leave everything behind to see the world? Quitting your job to travel full time sounds like a dream, but nothing comes without a cost. What are you willing to sacrifice in return?
I stay away from the quirky vintage shops I once loved browsing through because I know I don't have a home to fill with beautiful decor. I've realized how much harder it is to build a relationship with someone if I'm never in one place for that long.
Yes, being able to pick up and move at the drop of a hat is freeing, but the anxiety that comes with not knowing whether I'll be able to afford rent next month still exists and comes around with full force every once in a while. These are all things that I've learned come with the package, and every decision you make will be measured on the pros and cons, so ask yourself - at the end of the day, do I really want this?
If the answer is yes and you know in your heart that what you'd gain from following your dream to travel the world outweighs the potential cons, I encourage you to make the necessary preparations to start the process and go after your goal. It's very likely that it will be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life.
Dream big. Do bigger. Act without fear, live with purpose and never give up. No matter where you're from, what you've been through, your age or your color, you are capable of wonderful, magnificent things. Don't lose hope, find strength in your trials and keep pushing forward. I believe in you.
This was originally published on . Follow Jinna on Instagram for up-to-date photos of her travels:
Follow Jinna Yang on Twitter:
Travel + lifestyle photojournalist and founder
Find out how much you really know about the state of the nation.Jesus Culture - Your Love Never Fails lyrics |
uUnregistered85151Create lyrics explanation
Select some words and click "Explain" button. Then type your knowledge, add image or YouTube video till "Good-o-meter" shows "Cool" or "Awesome!". Publish your explanation with "Explain" button. Get karma points!
OK, got it!Nothing can separate
Even if I ran away
Your love never fails
I know I still make mistakes
But You have new mercies for me everyday
Your love never fails
You stay the same through the ages
Your love never changes
There may be pain in the night but joy comes in the morning
And when the oceans rage
I don't have to be afraid
Because I know that You love me
Your love never fails
The wind is strong and the water's deep
But I'm not alone here in these open seas
Cause Your love never fails
The chasm is far too wide
I never thought I'd reach the other side
But Your love never fails
You make all things work together for my goodLyrics taken from /lyrics/j/jesus_culture/your_love_never_fails.htmlExplanationsnew
EmailPrintAdd song structure elements
Click "Correct" to open the "Correction form". There you can add structure tags, correct typos or add missing words. Send your correction and get karma points! Result of your work will appear after moderating.
OK, got it!LikeTweet+1
uUnregisteredAdd your replyuUnregisteredAdd your replyAdd your replyuUnregisteredAdd your replyuUnregisteredAdd your reply .
Write song meaning
Type your knowledge till "Good-o-meter" shows "Awesome!". Then send your meaning with "Post meaning" button. Get karma points!
OK, got it!U or log in with Post meaning
Min 50 words
&Meghan Trainor&Fifth Harmony&Ariana Grande&Ed Sheeran&Nicki Minaj&David Guetta&Mariah Carey&Kelly Clarkson&OneRepublic&Jason DeruloUsernameYour explanationExplain
&Congratulations!
Keep posting annotations and earnrespect from LyricsMode community.
Yep, I'm cool![Intro][Verse][Pre-Chorus][Chorus][Hook][Bridge][Outro]CancelCorrectWhy not create an account?×
Create an account to credit all your contributions to your name, receive rewards, status updates and get feedback from our community.
Create an accountContinue unregistered
[an error occurred while processing the directive]

我要回帖

更多关于 war never changes 的文章

随机推荐