in inthreesandfours and fouas什么意思

Mystery as baby is born and found three metres away from his dead mother's body after she is run over by a truck on the way to give birth at hospital | Daily Mail Online
Mystery as baby is born and found three metres away from his dead mother's body after she is run over by a truck on the way to give birth at hospital
Heavily-pregnant Wang Zhau was travelling to hospital with her husband The couple were on a motorbike when they were hit by a truck Witnesses claim the truck wheels went over Wang and the impact forced the baby from her womb which then landed three metres awayOthers report that she gave birth in the road after being hit by the truck Both Wang and her husband Mao were killed in the incident Their baby was taken to hospital in Fujian Province, China, and is expected to survive
15:40 BST, 20 March 2014
18:06 BST, 20 March 2014
Witnesses to a horrific crash claim a baby was catapulted to safety from its mother's womb when she was hit by a truck and killed. Heavily-pregnant Wang Zhau, 40, was travelling to hospital with her husband Mao, 42, when they were hit by a truck and both flung from the vehicle.Eye-witnesses claim the wheels of the truck then went over the woman and the baby was forced from her womb by the impact and catapulted to safety three metres away.Others reported that the woman gave birth immediately after being hit by the truck and then died. Her husband was also killed in the crash but the baby was taken to hospital in Xiamen, Fujian Province, China, and is expected to survive. Scroll down for video
Miraculous survivor: Baby Xiao Zhao is being cared for in hospital in Fujian Province, China, after his mother was killed when she was hit by a truck on her way to hospital to give birth
Bizarre: Witnesses have claimed baby Xiao Zhao, pictured in hospital, was catapulted from his mother Wang's womb when she was struck by a truck
Scene: Heavily-pregnant Wang, 40, and her husband Mao, 42, were travelling to hospital on a motorbike when they were hit by a truck, pictured
The baby, which has been named Xiao Zhao by hospital staff, suffered from minor bruises but was otherwise unhurt.
RELATED ARTICLES
Share this article
Police spokesman Chan Chien said: 'Eye witnesses said that when the woman was hit by the truck she gave birth on the spot. 'Others said that the baby, which was healthy 4.2 kg, had been thrown out of the woman's belly and had landed three meters away.'What we found out from her family is that the woman, a 40-year-old, had gone into labour at 8:30 AM and her husband, a 42-year-old man, decided to take her by motorbike to the hospital rather than waiting for an ambulance.
Video Source
Tragedy: Both Wang, 40, and her husband Mao, 42, died at the scene following the collision with the truck
Conflicting reports: Other witnesses claim Wang Zhao survived the crash long enough to give birth before dying at the scene
In hospital: Baby Xiao suffered minor bruises in the incident but was otherwise unhurt
'The accident happened as they approached the junction of Maqing Lu and Jiaosong Lu.'Police confirmed that they had arrested a 45-year-old truck driver that had apparently turned into the road just as the motorbike was approaching. He is being held in custody.The shocking circumstances around the now orphaned child has made front-page news in China and the Xiamen Charity Federation has already donated 5,000 yuan ($806) to the hospital for the child to be cared for, hopefully by his parents family.Others who read the story have turned up at the hospital bringing presents for the child.Medic Kuan-Yin Fan said: 'The baby is doing well and we don't see any risk that he will not make a full recovery from the minor injuries he suffered and can probably be released to his family sometime within the next week should they agree to take him.'
Baby Xiao is currently being cared for by hospital staff. It is hoped that relatives of his parents will care for him
Wounds: Scratches can be seen on baby Xiao's face but doctors believe he will survive
Donations: Members of the public have been taking gifts to the hospital for the child
Read more:
Share or comment on this article
MOST READ NEWS
The comments below have been moderated in advance.
We are no longer accepting comments on this article.
More top stories
DON'T MISS
MORE DON'T MISS
EDITOR'S SIX OF THE BESTAccess denied | www.loc.gov used Cloudflare to restrict access
Please enable cookies.
What happened?
The owner of this website (www.loc.gov) has banned your access based on your browser's signature (3152-ua98).& “Why do Chinese peopl...”习题详情
252位同学学习过此题,做题成功率75.7%
Why do Chinese people love hot pot so much? As the winter months begin to settle in, I find myself wondering what it is about this traditional meal, which has existed for more than 1,000 years, that makes it a Chinese food favorite.But it seems that the answer lies beyond the dish itself.Hot pot isn't just designed to keep you warm du it's also a social experience.It's a "theater” cuisine that turns a meal into an event.There is a lot of fun for everyone to have in adding ingredients to the hot pot.Hot pot is eaten over two to three hours.For this reason, it is often, considered an evening's entertainment, and time to spend with friends and family.However, many westerners would be put off by the idea of other people sticking chopsticks in their food.When we come to eat at the table in the UK, we tend to have our own individual portions (份额), although the experience is still a social one.A similar experience to the hot pot one can be found in Korean barbecue restaurants, which let you cook your own meat.This allows people to have their meat done however they want.For most Westerners, the idea of going to a restaurant to cook their own food is bizarre (古怪的).But having given hot pot a go, I find it's now one of my favorite meals in Beijing.The steam from the pot left my clothes smelling of food when I got home, but perhaps this is also part of the experience.When the chilly (刺骨的) wind is blowing outside, just grab (抓) some chopsticks, some good friends, and dig in.For me it's like throwing a dinner party where my taste buds (味蕾) and my appetite are equally satisfied in the warm company of friends.【小题1】According to the author, hot pot is popular in China because &&&&.A.it is a fun social experienceB.it has been developing for over 1,000 yearsC.it involves many unique ingredientsD.it keeps people warm in winter and it is creative【小题2】We can conclude from the article that generally British people &&&&.A.prefer a Korean barbecue to Chinese hot potB.find it interesting to cook their own food in restaurantsC.don't like sharing food with othersD.don't mind the smell of food staying on their clothes after dinner【小题3】The underlined word "put off" in the third paragraph probably means &&&&A.excitedB.disappointedC.puzzledD.discouraged【小题4】What is the tone of the article?A.AppreciativeB.LongingC.Humorous.D.Serious.A&
本题难度:一般
题型:解答题&|&来源:2014-四川省绵阳市南山中学高三12月月考英语试卷
分析与解答
习题“Why do Chinese people love hot pot so much? As the winter months begin to settle in, I find myself wonder...”的分析与解答如下所示:
本文介绍了中国人为什么爱吃火锅,除了火锅本身很美味之外,还是一种社会氛围。【小题1】细节题:根据第二段第一句Hot pot isn't just designed to keep you warm du it's also a social experience火锅不仅仅是在寒冷的月份里有意能使你的身体保持温暖,它也是一种社会经验。故选A。【小题2】推断题:根据第三段内容可知西方人并不喜欢别人把筷子放在食物上,他们更喜欢一人一份分餐吃。故选C。【小题3】推断题:excited兴奋;disappointed 失望;puzzled困惑;discouraged劝阻。根据文章第三段内容西方人并不喜欢别人把筷子放在自己的事务上,他们实行一人一份的就餐习惯,根据语境D项更贴近。故选D。【小题4】细节题:Appreciative赏识的;Longing渴望的;Humorous幽默的;Serious严肃的。通读全文可知作者还是很喜欢火锅这种文化氛围的。故选A。
找到答案了,赞一个
如发现试题中存在任何错误,请及时纠错告诉我们,谢谢你的支持!
Why do Chinese people love hot pot so much? As the winter months begin to settle in, I find myself w...
错误类型:
习题内容残缺不全
习题有文字标点错误
习题内容结构混乱
习题对应知识点不正确
分析解答残缺不全
分析解答有文字标点错误
分析解答结构混乱
习题类型错误
错误详情:
我的名号(最多30个字):
看完解答,记得给个难度评级哦!
“Why do Chinese peopl...”的最新评论
欢迎来到乐乐题库,查看习题“Why do Chinese people love hot pot so much? As the winter months begin to settle in, I find myself wondering what it is about this traditional meal, which has existed for more than 1,000 years, that makes it a Chinese food favorite.But it seems that the answer lies beyond the dish itself.Hot pot isn't just designed to keep you warm du it's also a social experience.It's a "theater” cuisine that turns a meal into an event.There is a lot of fun for everyone to have in adding ingredients to the hot pot.Hot pot is eaten over two to three hours.For this reason, it is often, considered an evening's entertainment, and time to spend with friends and family.However, many westerners would be put off by the idea of other people sticking chopsticks in their food.When we come to eat at the table in the UK, we tend to have our own individual portions (份额), although the experience is still a social one.A similar experience to the hot pot one can be found in Korean barbecue restaurants, which let you cook your own meat.This allows people to have their meat done however they want.For most Westerners, the idea of going to a restaurant to cook their own food is bizarre (古怪的).But having given hot pot a go, I find it's now one of my favorite meals in Beijing.The steam from the pot left my clothes smelling of food when I got home, but perhaps this is also part of the experience.When the chilly (刺骨的) wind is blowing outside, just grab (抓) some chopsticks, some good friends, and dig in.For me it's like throwing a dinner party where my taste buds (味蕾) and my appetite are equally satisfied in the warm company of friends.【小题1】According to the author, hot pot is popular in China because ____.A.it is a fun social experienceB.it has been developing for over 1,000 yearsC.it involves many unique ingredientsD.it keeps people warm in winter and it is creative【小题2】We can conclude from the article that generally British people ____.A.prefer a Korean barbecue to Chinese hot potB.find it interesting to cook their own food in restaurantsC.don't like sharing food with othersD.don't mind the smell of food staying on their clothes after dinner【小题3】The underlined word "put off" in the third paragraph probably means ____A.excitedB.disappointedC.puzzledD.discouraged【小题4】What is the tone of the article?A.AppreciativeB.LongingC.Humorous.D.Serious.”的答案、考点梳理,并查找与习题“Why do Chinese people love hot pot so much? As the winter months begin to settle in, I find myself wondering what it is about this traditional meal, which has existed for more than 1,000 years, that makes it a Chinese food favorite.But it seems that the answer lies beyond the dish itself.Hot pot isn't just designed to keep you warm du it's also a social experience.It's a "theater” cuisine that turns a meal into an event.There is a lot of fun for everyone to have in adding ingredients to the hot pot.Hot pot is eaten over two to three hours.For this reason, it is often, considered an evening's entertainment, and time to spend with friends and family.However, many westerners would be put off by the idea of other people sticking chopsticks in their food.When we come to eat at the table in the UK, we tend to have our own individual portions (份额), although the experience is still a social one.A similar experience to the hot pot one can be found in Korean barbecue restaurants, which let you cook your own meat.This allows people to have their meat done however they want.For most Westerners, the idea of going to a restaurant to cook their own food is bizarre (古怪的).But having given hot pot a go, I find it's now one of my favorite meals in Beijing.The steam from the pot left my clothes smelling of food when I got home, but perhaps this is also part of the experience.When the chilly (刺骨的) wind is blowing outside, just grab (抓) some chopsticks, some good friends, and dig in.For me it's like throwing a dinner party where my taste buds (味蕾) and my appetite are equally satisfied in the warm company of friends.【小题1】According to the author, hot pot is popular in China because ____.A.it is a fun social experienceB.it has been developing for over 1,000 yearsC.it involves many unique ingredientsD.it keeps people warm in winter and it is creative【小题2】We can conclude from the article that generally British people ____.A.prefer a Korean barbecue to Chinese hot potB.find it interesting to cook their own food in restaurantsC.don't like sharing food with othersD.don't mind the smell of food staying on their clothes after dinner【小题3】The underlined word "put off" in the third paragraph probably means ____A.excitedB.disappointedC.puzzledD.discouraged【小题4】What is the tone of the article?A.AppreciativeB.LongingC.Humorous.D.Serious.”相似的习题。& Unit知识点 & “阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从各题所给...”习题详情
0位同学学习过此题,做题成功率0%
阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。When I first entered university, my aunt, who is an English professor, gave me a new English dictionary. I was&1to see that it was an English-English dictionary, also known as a monolingual dictionary. &2it was a dictionary intended for non-native learners, none of my classmates had one. &3, to be honest, I found it extremely &4to use at first. I would look up words in the dictionary and &5not fully understand the meanings. I was used to the &6bilingual dictionaries, in which the words are &7both in English and Chinese. I really wondered why my aunt &8to make things so difficult for me. Now, after studying English at university for three years, I &9that monolingual dictionaries are &10in learning a foreign language. As I found out, there is, &11, often no perfect equivalence(对应)between two &12in two languages. My aunt even goes so far as to &13that a Chinese “equivalent” can never give you the &14meaning of a word in English! &15, she insisted that I read the definition(定义)of a word in a monolingual dictionary &16I wanted to get a better understanding of its meaning. &17, I have come to see what she meant.Using a monolingual dictionary for learners has helped me in another important way. This dictionary uses only a(n) &18number of words, around 2,000, in its definitions. When I read these definitions, I am &19exposed to(接触)the basic words and learn how they are used to explain objects and ideas. &20this, I can express myself more easily in English. 1.A. worried&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. sad&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. surprised&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. nervous2.A. Because&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Although&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. Unless&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. If3.A. But&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. So&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. Or &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Then 4.A. difficult&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. interesting&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. helpful&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. practical5.A. thus&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. even&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. still&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. again6.A. new&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. familiar&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. earlier&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. ordinary7.A. explained&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. expressed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. described&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. created8.A. offered&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. agreed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. decided&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. happened9.A. imagine&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. recommend&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. predict&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. understand10.A. natural&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. better&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. easier&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. convenient11.A. at least&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. in fact&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. at times&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. in case12.A. words&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. names&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. ideas&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. characters13.A. hope&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. declare&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. doubt&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. tell14.A. exact&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. basic&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. translated&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. expected15.A. Rather&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. However&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. Therefore&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Instead16.A. when&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. before&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. until&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. while17.A. Largely&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Generally&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. Gradually&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Probably18.A. extra&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. average&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. total&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. limited19.A. repeatedly&&&&&&&&&&& B. nearly&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. immediately&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. anxiously20.A. According to&&&&&&& B. In relation to&&&&&&&&&&&& C. In addition to&&&&&&&&&&& D. Because of&
本题难度:一般
题型:解答题&|&来源:网络
分析与解答
习题“阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。When I first entered university, my aunt, who is a...”的分析与解答如下所示:
1.C2.B3.B4.A5.C&&&& 6.B7.A8.C9.D10.B&&&& &&&&& 11.B12.A13.B14.A15.C &&&&&&&&&&&& 16.A17.C18.D19.A20.D&& &&&&&&&&
找到答案了,赞一个
如发现试题中存在任何错误,请及时纠错告诉我们,谢谢你的支持!
阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。When I first entered university, my aunt, who...
错误类型:
习题内容残缺不全
习题有文字标点错误
习题内容结构混乱
习题对应知识点不正确
分析解答残缺不全
分析解答有文字标点错误
分析解答结构混乱
习题类型错误
错误详情:
我的名号(最多30个字):
看完解答,记得给个难度评级哦!
经过分析,习题“阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。When I first entered university, my aunt, who is a...”主要考察你对“Unit”
等考点的理解。
因为篇幅有限,只列出部分考点,详细请访问。
与“阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。When I first entered university, my aunt, who is a...”相似的题目:
Fear plays no part in this latest problem. “ I’m not afraid I’ll lose my children. I won’t lose my children. We live together, and nothing, nothing, ” she repeats, her voice rising when speaking to John’s lawyer, “ will stop me from being with my children. A law? Yeah, right. Don’t disturb me when it comes to my children. You are never going to win. If John wants to see them, I cannot stop him. He’s their father ---- I want them to see him! However, his visit in his present condition will disturb the children’s stable(稳定的) life.”John, who has spent much of his time in California recently, has only hired a house for himself in Pennsylvania, according to his lawyer. “ If he’d like to stick to a regular life, I’d be more than happy to do that, ” Jane says. “ The best thing for any child of a divorced (离婚的) parent is a stable life. I want nothing more than for him to set up a stable life for himself, so that he can be part of making our children’s lives more stable.”While matters of money and care won’t be settled for weeks, Jane hardly puts her life on hold. Last week the ABC network announced that Jane would return with her own show, Twist of Jane, in which she gives advice to other moms. Jane and her eight children will also return to ABC in a series of Jane Plus 8 specials showing them on various adventures. It’s a rest for Jane, who insists that she needs her new, busy life to provide for her family. “ I have to lead such a life, and I’m thankful that I’ve built it to the top where now I can support my children, ” she says.And whether a bellicose (好斗的) dance judge or a bellicose former wife, Jane plans to keep on facing attacks on her. “ Some people try to knock me down --- only to make me more fierce, more protective, more determined to do better, ” she says. “ Go ahead, take me on. This will just make me stronger. ”1.According to Jane in the first paragraph, the law&&&&.&& A. can’t take her children away from her&& B. can’t do anything with the case&& C. will best settle the problem&& D. will disturb her children2.What does “ to do that ” refer to in the second paragraph?&& A. To live with John.&& B. To hire a house for John.&& C. To allow John to see the children.&& D. To ask John to set up a regular life.3.What does the underlined sentence in the third paragraph mean?&& A. Jane’s life is very difficult.&& B. Jane continues to live as usual.&& C. Jane almost can’t control her life.&& D. Jane works very hard to live a happy life.4.Which word can best describe Jane?&& A. Proud.&&&&&&& B. Fierce.&&&&&&&&& C. Determined.&&&&&&& D. Independent.&&&&
People often said Thomas Edison was the greatest genius(天才) of his age. There are only a few men in all of history, who have changed the lives of other men as much as the inventor of the first useful electric light. But Edison could never be pleased only because someone said he was a genius. “There is no such a thing as genius,” Edison said. He thought what people called genius was mostly hard work. But Edison was a thinker as well as a worker. From his earliest days as a child he wondered about the secrets of nature. He tried to understand them, and then he tried to learn what he could usefully do with them. Edison enjoyed thinking. He knew that most people would do almost anything instead of the difficult work of thinking, especially if they do not think very often. But he knew, too, that thinking could give men enjoyment and pleasure. Edison could not understand why anyone could not be interested in life. As he loved to think, he also loved to work. On the day he became 75 years old, someone asked him what idea he had about life. “Work,” he answered, “Discovering the secrets of nature and using them to make men happier.” He said he had enough inventions in his mind to give him another 100 years of work.【小题1】What is genius according to Thomas Edison?A.Hard thinking. B.Hard work.C.Useful ideas.D.Useful inventions.【小题2】How did Edison always deal with the secrets of nature after exploring them?A.To write down what he had learned.B.To carry out a new experiment.C.To make them useful in life.D.To share them with others.【小题3】What does the last sentence in the passage mean? A.Edison was born to be a great inventor.B.Edison was able to live another 100 years.C.Edison was ready to make his 100th invention.D.Life was too short for Edison to work for human beings.&&&&
Doomed beauties such as Cleopata and Manilyn Monore were far from alone in their misery.Very attractive people tend to form partnerships that are less stable and satisfying than those enjoyed by plain Janes.According to the research by Dr John Blain of the university of Southern California, relationships between people whose professions largely depend on their appearance, such as models or actors, tend to end much faster than those between lawyers, doctors and students.Blaine said the beautiful felt different from children.They are treated as special, which may create both arrogance(傲慢) and insecurity.All too often, beauty can be used as an alternative to education.Often they are pushed out of their class or town, told to go off and make their fotune in Hollywood or London and, when the majority fail, they have few talents to make a living.Blaine added that beautiful people score poorly on the “big five”--- the key factors American experts consider when helping distressed couples.These are neuroticism(神经过敏),includi extroversion(性格外向) ;opennes and conscientiousness, or sticking by agreements they have made.Attractive people often see no reason to try to change until their looks start to fade.Krista Sutherlanf ,of the University of California Los Angeles, said partnerships that appeared to be perfect from the outside, such as the former “dram teams” of Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise or Hugh Grant and Elizabeth Hurley, where backgrounds and aspirations(抱负) are often shared, did not necessarily lead to happiness.1.What does the underline sentence “Doomed beauties such as Cleopata and Manilyn Monore were far from alone in their misery.” mean?&&&&&& A.Beautiful women always felt lonely.&&&&&& B.Beautiful women were always alone.&&&&&& C.Many beautiful women didn’t end up with a happy life.&&&&&& D.Beautiful woen always lived a happy life.2.The underlined phrase “plain Janes” in the passage refers to “&&&&”.&&&&&& A.ordinary—looking women&&&&&& &&&&&&& B.women called Jane&&&&&& C.common people&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& D.attractive women3.We can infer in the passage that&&&&.&&&&&& A.HughGrant and Elizabeth Hurley were a couple.&&&&&& B.Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise were very satisfied with their life.&&&&&& C.when they fail in Hollywood, the beautiful have little troube in making a living.&&&&&& D.the marriage of the beautiful often last long.4.Which of the following is the best title?&&&&&& A.Five Key Factors Affecing the Partnership.&&&&&& B.Beauties Are Doomed to Fail in Love.&&&&&& C.Beautiful Or Common?&&&&&& D.The Beauties Are Diferent.&&&&
“阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从各题所给...”的最新评论
该知识点好题
该知识点易错题
欢迎来到乐乐题库,查看习题“阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。When I first entered university, my aunt, who is an English professor, gave me a new English dictionary. I was____1to see that it was an English-English dictionary, also known as a monolingual dictionary.____2it was a dictionary intended for non-native learners, none of my classmates had one.____3, to be honest, I found it extremely____4to use at first. I would look up words in the dictionary and____5not fully understand the meanings. I was used to the____6bilingual dictionaries, in which the words are____7both in English and Chinese. I really wondered why my aunt____8to make things so difficult for me. Now, after studying English at university for three years, I____9that monolingual dictionaries are____10in learning a foreign language. As I found out, there is,____11, often no perfect equivalence(对应)between two____12in two languages. My aunt even goes so far as to____13that a Chinese “equivalent” can never give you the____14meaning of a word in English!____15, she insisted that I read the definition(定义)of a word in a monolingual dictionary____16I wanted to get a better understanding of its meaning.____17, I have come to see what she meant.Using a monolingual dictionary for learners has helped me in another important way. This dictionary uses only a(n)____18number of words, around 2,000, in its definitions. When I read these definitions, I am____19exposed to(接触)the basic words and learn how they are used to explain objects and ideas.____20this, I can express myself more easily in English. 1.A. worried B. sad C. surprised D. nervous2.A. Because B. Although C. Unless D. If3.A. But B. So C. Or
D. Then 4.A. difficult B. interesting C. helpful D. practical5.A. thus B. even C. still D. again6.A. new B. familiar C. earlier D. ordinary7.A. explained B. expressed C. described D. created8.A. offered B. agreed C. decided D. happened9.A. imagine B. recommend C. predict D. understand10.A. natural B. better C. easier D. convenient11.A. at least B. in fact C. at times D. in case12.A. words B. names C. ideas D. characters13.A. hope B. declare C. doubt D. tell14.A. exact B. basic C. translated D. expected15.A. Rather B. However C. Therefore D. Instead16.A. when B. before C. until D. while17.A. Largely B. Generally C. Gradually D. Probably18.A. extra B. average C. total D. limited19.A. repeatedly B. nearly C. immediately D. anxiously20.A. According to B. In relation to C. In addition to D. Because of”的答案、考点梳理,并查找与习题“阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。When I first entered university, my aunt, who is an English professor, gave me a new English dictionary. I was____1to see that it was an English-English dictionary, also known as a monolingual dictionary.____2it was a dictionary intended for non-native learners, none of my classmates had one.____3, to be honest, I found it extremely____4to use at first. I would look up words in the dictionary and____5not fully understand the meanings. I was used to the____6bilingual dictionaries, in which the words are____7both in English and Chinese. I really wondered why my aunt____8to make things so difficult for me. Now, after studying English at university for three years, I____9that monolingual dictionaries are____10in learning a foreign language. As I found out, there is,____11, often no perfect equivalence(对应)between two____12in two languages. My aunt even goes so far as to____13that a Chinese “equivalent” can never give you the____14meaning of a word in English!____15, she insisted that I read the definition(定义)of a word in a monolingual dictionary____16I wanted to get a better understanding of its meaning.____17, I have come to see what she meant.Using a monolingual dictionary for learners has helped me in another important way. This dictionary uses only a(n)____18number of words, around 2,000, in its definitions. When I read these definitions, I am____19exposed to(接触)the basic words and learn how they are used to explain objects and ideas.____20this, I can express myself more easily in English. 1.A. worried B. sad C. surprised D. nervous2.A. Because B. Although C. Unless D. If3.A. But B. So C. Or
D. Then 4.A. difficult B. interesting C. helpful D. practical5.A. thus B. even C. still D. again6.A. new B. familiar C. earlier D. ordinary7.A. explained B. expressed C. described D. created8.A. offered B. agreed C. decided D. happened9.A. imagine B. recommend C. predict D. understand10.A. natural B. better C. easier D. convenient11.A. at least B. in fact C. at times D. in case12.A. words B. names C. ideas D. characters13.A. hope B. declare C. doubt D. tell14.A. exact B. basic C. translated D. expected15.A. Rather B. However C. Therefore D. Instead16.A. when B. before C. until D. while17.A. Largely B. Generally C. Gradually D. Probably18.A. extra B. average C. total D. limited19.A. repeatedly B. nearly C. immediately D. anxiously20.A. According to B. In relation to C. In addition to D. Because of”相似的习题。

我要回帖

更多关于 by twos and threes 的文章

随机推荐