雾都孤儿的社会意义nancy的例子说明了是么

雾都孤儿Oliver! (电影网
最近您还没有任何观影记录
扫描下载客户端
更多好电影 手机随时看
 奥利佛(Oliver)在孤儿院里饱受虐待,之后被卖到葬仪社,他因此逃亡到伦敦,在伦敦也遇到扒手亚特佛道奇(Artful Dogder),并加入了由费金(Fagin)所领导的扒手集团……
喜欢该影片的人还喜欢
[about Oliver] Mr. Bumble:Mother came to us destitute. Brings a child into the world, takes one look at him and promptly dies - -without leaving so much as a forwarding name and address!Nancy:I thieved for you when I was half his age and it's your dirty work I've been doing ever since. Bill:Well if you have it's a living ain't it?
CopyRight (C) 2017
国家新闻出版广电总局电影卫星频道节目中心官方网站|哪里有关于《雾都孤儿》人物的英文介绍?
哪里有关于《雾都孤儿》人物的英文介绍?
08-12-21 &
这是雾都孤儿的角色档案 Character Profiles Agnes- Oliver’s mother who died giving birth. The only thing she left was a locket with her name inscribed. Nurse- Woman who delivered Oliver, and later died in the workhouse revealing the story of the locket and the night Oliver was born. Oliver Twist- The main character of the story, Oliver is an affection-starved little boy who will not commit crimes. He was abused as a young child, and only wants to be loved. His adventures make him the best of friends and the worst of enemies. Mrs. Mann - The woman who raised Oliver for the first nine years. She treated him and her other orphans very poorly by beating and starving them. Mr. Bumble- The town beadle who thinks very lowly of Oliver. He eventually marries Mrs. Corney and makes Oliver’s life more difficult. Mr. Gamfield- A chimneysweeper who wanted Oliver as an apprentice. Mr. Sowerberry- A coffin maker that Oliver was apprenticed to. He generally treated the boy well, but chose his wife’s lies over Oliver’s truths. Mrs. Sowerberry- Wife of the coffin maker who disliked young Oliver. Charlotte- Maid to the Sowerberry’s that ends up running away with Noah and beginning a life of crime. Noah Claypole - Another worker for the Sowerberry’s, Noah antagonizes Oliver when he was there, and when he begins to work for Fagin, his actions lead to the death of Nancy. Young Dick- A friend of Oliver’s at Mrs. Mann’s who loves him. Jack Dawkins- “Artful Dodger” is a young accomplished thief who finds Oliver on the road to London and introduces him to Fagin. Fagin- The main antagonist in the story, “The Jew” takes Oliver under his wing and tries to make a pickpocket out of him. He is a powerful crime leader who has an affection for only money and will kill anyone who stands in his way. Charley Bates- Another one of Fagin’s thieves who tends to laugh at everything in life. Betsy- A woman who works for Fagin. Nancy- A woman who works for Fagin and tries to help Oliver which eventually leads to her death. She is passionate, caring, and loves Sikes, who eventually kills her. Mr. Brownlow- A man who Oliver’s thief friends rob on the street. He takes Oliver in, and discovers his true parentage. Mrs. Bedwin- Mr. Brownlow’s housekeeper who nurses Oliver back to health. Mr. Grimwig- A friend of Mr. Brownlow who is very cynical of the boy but eventually helps to keep him safe. Mr. Sikes - Another evil character who is a member of Fagin’s gang. He has a little white dog that follows him everywhere. He threatens Oliver and reluctantly leaves him to die in a field after the boy was shot. He kills Nancy in a rage, and eventually kills himself. Tom Chitling- Another petty thief of Fagin’s Toby Crackit- A “flash” man who helps Sikes attempt to commit the robbery. Barney- A thief who helps Sikes. Mrs. Corney/ Mrs. Bumble- The matron of the workhouse Oliver was born in who eventually marries Mr. Brumble and here’s the confession of the nurse on her deathbed. She finds the evidence of Oliver’s parentage, and sells it to Monks. Giles- The butler of the Maylie household, he is the man who shot Oliver. Brittles- The “boy” of the Maylie household who was also there the night Oliver was shot. Rose Maylie- The adopted niece of Mrs. Maylie who turns out to be Oliver’s Aunt. She is kind, loving, and a great joy in Oliver’s life. Mrs. Maylie- An old woman who accepts Oliver into her home and finally gives him a loving atmosphere to live in. Mr. Losberne - The doctor and friend of Mrs. Maylie who helps Oliver in his adventures. He is impatient and earnest, but also happy and kindhearted. Blathers Duff- The two Bow Street Runners who come to investigate the attempted robbery. They are filled with stories to tell, and are suspicious of Oliver. Harry Maylie- The son of Mrs. Maylie, Harry is deeply in love with Rose and would do anything to marry her. He befriends Oliver and adds to the boy’s loving atmosphere. Monks/ Edward Leeford- Oliver’s older half brother who does not want to split his inheritance with the bastard child. He destroys the evidence of Oliver’s mother, and is a cohort of Fagin and his gang
请登录后再发表评论!论文分类导航
经济管理论文:
教育教学论文:
医药卫生论文:
法学研究论文:
文哲艺术论文:
工程技术论文:
电子信息论文:
农业科学论文:
《雾都孤儿》中南希双重性格分析(全英文)
significance because Nancy and what Nancy has done re-exhibits the miserable life of poor people in the 19th England society.
Based on the above statements, it is reasonable and feasible that Dickens spared no efforts to mold Nancy in delicate way. And that&s why Nancy has always been the most popular character in Oliver Twist.
5.Conclusion
The thesis above has on the whole reviewed the rise and development of critical realism, introduced its ideological and artistic features and analyzed Nancy&s double character from the perspective of these two features of critical realism. One of the most important features of critical realism lies in that it molds characters that reflect the life of people living at the bottom of capitalist society.
As one of the masterpieces of the Charles Dickens, Oliver Twist marks the very beginning of Dickens literary life which reflects all aspects of social life in Victorian Era. In spite of her secondary character in the novel, Nancy plays an irreplaceable in the novel&s development. As a humble female thief in the gang, Nancy&s double character is thoroughly displayed and her soul gets sublimated the moment she sacrifices her only life to Oliver Twist from the abyss of misery.
One of the most features of critical realism lies in that critical realists have always been skilled at molding characters that take after and symbolize ordinary people in the real world. Nancy, a character with a vivid double character did exist in the 19th Britain society for she symbolized most of the humble people who were oppressed by the hereditary aristocracy, were exploited by the middle class and made their living by demeanor means just like what Nancy did in her daily life.
The significance of this thesis lies in that it interprets Nancy&s double character from the point of critical realistic literature under the backdrop where human nature contradicts with the individual interests in the advancement of human civilization. And it&s intended to arouse people to think deeply about the survival and the mental conditions of poor people as well as the social stability in the advancement of human civilization, which are considered to be some of the key factors of constructing harmonious society of 21st century.
Acknowledgements
My sincere gratitude first goes to my supervisor Deng Yunsheng, who patiently warmheartedly supervised my dissertation and was at times very willing to offer me illuminating advice or suggestions in the course of this thesis. Without her guidance and help, I could not have finished this dissertation.
And my heartfelt gratitude also goes to other teachers and my classmates who have offered me their warm encouragements and help during the four years of my college life.
My greatest personal debt is to my parents, who have cultivated a soul of sensitivity, hospitality, and honesty out of me, and offered a harbor of happiness and sweetness for me.
The remaining weakness and possible errors of the dissertation are entirely my own.
References
[1] John Forster. The Life of Charles Dickens[M]. Foreign Language Teaching & Research Press, 2009.
[2] 罗经国. 狄更斯评论集[M]. 上海译文出版社, 1981.
[3] 刘炳善. 英国简史[M]. 河南人民出版社, 1993.
[4] 张伯香, 马建君. 英国[M]. 武汉出版社, 1998.
[5] Daniel Defoe. Everybody&s Business Is Nobody&s Business [M]. 世界图书出版社, 1998.
[6] Catherine Peters. 英国史提纲[M]. Xi&an World Publishing Corporation, 1998.
[7] Daniel H. Frank & Oliver Leaman. History of Jewish Philosophy [M]. London and New York: Routledge, 1997.
[8] John Kichetti. The Columbia History of the British Novel [M]. Foreign Language
&& Teaching & Research Press Columbia University Press, 2005.
[9] 钱青. 英国19世纪史[M]. 北京: 外语教学与研究出版社, 2001.
[10] Charles Dickens. Oliver Twist [M]. Beijing: Foreign Language Teaching & Research Press, 1992.
[11] 鲍文. 反抗与探索&&十八、十九世纪英国孤儿小说人物性格论[J]. 安徽学院学报, 2003.
[12] 刘精香. 《雾都孤儿》中南希的形象剖析[J]. 中南民族学院学报, 2005.
[13] 杨晚星. 《雾都孤儿》中南希人物性格之探析[J]. 高校研究, 2008.
[14] 张玉能. 海塞的批判现实主义文论[J]. 吉首学报, 2009.
&&&&&&&&&&[8]&
上一篇:   下一篇:【雾都孤儿简介】雾都孤儿故事梗概38_牛宝宝文章网【雾都孤儿简介】雾都孤儿故事梗概38专题:SummaryOliver Twist is born in a workhouse in a provincial town. His mother has been found very sick in the street, and she gives birth to Oliver just before she dies. Oliver is raised under the care of Mrs. Mann and the beadle Mr. Bumble in the workhouse. When it falls toOliver’s lot to ask for more food on behalf of all the starving children in the workhouse, he is trashed, and then apprenticed to an undertaker, Mr. Sowerberry. Another apprentice of Mr. Sowerberry’s, Noah Claypole insults Oliver’s dead mother and the small and frail Oliver attacks him. However, Oliver is punished severely, and he runs away to London. Here he is picked up by Jack Dawkins or the Artful Dodger as he is called. The Artful Dodger is a member of the Jew Fagin’s gang of boys. Fagin has trained the boys tobecome pickpockets. The Artful Dodger takes Oliver to Fagin’s den in the London slums, and Oliver, who innocently does not understand that he is among criminals, becomes one of Fagin’s boys.When Oliver is sent out with The Artful Dodger and another boy on a pickpocketexpedition Oliver is so shocked when he realizes what is going on that he and not the two other boys are caught. Fortunately, the victim of the thieves, the old benevolent gentleman, Mr. Brownlow rescues Oliver from arrest and brings him to his house, where thehousekeeper, Mrs. Bedwin nurses him back to life after he had fallen sick, and for the first time in his life he is happy.However, with the help of the brutal murderer Bill Sikes and the prostitute Nancy Fagin kidnaps Oliver. Fagin is prompted to do this by the mysterious Mr. Monks. Oliver is taken along on a burglary expedition in the country. The thieves are discovered in the house of Mrs. Maylie and her adopted niece, Rose, and Oliver is shot and wounded. Sikes escapes. Rose and Mrs. Maylie nurse the wounded Oliver. When he tells them his story theybelieve him, and he settles with them. While living with Rose and Mrs. Maylie Oliver one day sees Fagin and Monks looking at him in through a window. Nancy discovers that Monks is plotting against Oliver for some reason, bribing Fagin to corrupt his innocence. Nancy also learns that there is some kind of connection between Rose and O but after having told Rose’s adviser and friend Dr. Losberne about it on the steps of London Bridge, she is discovered by Noah Claypole, who in the meantime has become a member of Fagin’s gang, and Sykes murders her. On his frantic flight away from the crime Sykes accidentally and dramatically hangs himself. Fagin and the rest of the gang are arrested. Fagin is executed after Oliver has visited him in the condemned cell in Newgate Prison. The Artful Dodger is transported after a court scene in which he eloquently defends himself and his class.Monks’ plot against Oliver is disclosed by Mr. Brownlow. Monks is Oliver’s half-brother seeking all of the inheritance for himself. Oliver’s father’s will states that he will leave money to Oliver on the condition that his reputation is clean. Oliver’s dead mother and Rose were sisters. Monks receives his share of the inheritance and goes away to America. He dies in prison there, and Oliver is adopted by Mr. Brownlow.转载请保留本文连接:分享到:相关文章声明:《【雾都孤儿简介】雾都孤儿故事梗概38》由“子非鱼兮”分享发布,如因用户分享而无意侵犯到您的合法权益,请联系我们删除。TA的分享

我要回帖

更多关于 雾都孤儿的简介 的文章

随机推荐