I often huit you Because I believe in our relationship statusIf you are angry I am sorry I thought we

Categories
A sample text widget
Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis
pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa.
Nam sodales mi vitae dolor ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan.
Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. Nulla nulla lorem,
suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna.
By Dr. Neill Neill
Most of us have found ourselves at some point in life flying solo. The first time is usually after you have left your family of origin and are out in the world working or studying. You have your coworkers and friends around you and you are busy creating a life for yourself in society. You are alone, but not particularly lonely.
Then you meet someone… and a love interest/relationship develops. You bond. You become a couple and you marry, whether formally or not. You do everything together and you are mutually supportive. You are no longer alone and you certainly are not lonely.
But then something often happens. It may be that he shifts his focus away from you and back to his career. It may be that
and unconsciously direct all your focus to your child. It may be that he uses alcohol to medicate some personal pain, and while physically present, is emotionally absent.
Life can sneak up on you, and then one day one of you realizes you feel the loneliest you have ever felt. Who among us, except the very young, has not been in that dark place at some time or other?
This leads to the question, is it possible to live your lives in such a way that you can avoid loneliness in a marriage relationship?
The answer lies in something you learned back in the days when you were flying solo in your career and were among friends. You were alone, but not lonely. At that time you were developing your identity–who you were, what you were good at, what you liked and disliked, where you were going in life.
What you may have allowed in the passion of a new marriage is the partial merging of your two identities. Mutual support and interdependence may have slipped into codependency. Then when the bumps and turns of life came along, you didn’t know who you were anymore.
If you’re entering a marriage relationship, whether your first or a remarriage, it is important that both of you do so with a strong sense of personal identity and an intention to maintain that identity. Maintain your identity separate from your partner’s. Maintain a network of friends. Maintain your career if possible. Maintain your interests and passions. Keep on
at the feeling level as well as the thinking level. Share experiences and talk about them. Frequently review together your expectations of yourselves and each other.
Marriage can be a wonderful partnership, but if you approach it as a solution to all your problems, you may find yourself in the loneliest place on earth.
The following two tabs change content below.
Dr. Neill Neill retired his psychology practice at the end of 2013. He maintains an active coaching practice via telephone or Skype with select clients dealing with alcoholic husbands or ex-husbands. Check out his book, Living with a Functioning Alcoholic: A Woman's Survival Guide.
- Thursday
(required)
&&Email (will not be published) (required)
Recent Posts
Dr. Neill Recommends扫二维码下载作业帮
1.75亿学生的选择
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
1.75亿学生的选择
求歌名i am you ,you are me ,we are one我听出来的歌词.....don't know the reason,everyting I believe is right here.I think about tomorrow......if es to me...I am you ,you are me ,we are one...
扫二维码下载作业帮
1.75亿学生的选择
  we are one  ------kelly Sweet  didn't need to ask  don't know the reason  everything that I believe  is right here  not thinkin' bout tomorrow  couldn't catch it if I tried  world is spinning too fast  so I'll wait 'til it comes to me  I am you  you are me  we are one  take me in your arms  and flow through me  I'll flow through you  steal my breath away  cause I'm so moved by you  deeper than I ever thought  was possible,was possible,it's everything,  oh~difference between me and you  it's all in where your heart lies  and every day's another chance  so let's get it right  I am you  you are me  we are one  take me in your arms  and flow through me  I'll flow through you  did you lose yourself out there  did you lose faith and give up  don't turn away and hide yourself  cause there's a friend to make along way  we are the heartbeat and our souls speak  and all the beauty I have ever dreamed  is right here in front of me  oh~  is right here in front of me  oh~  I am you  you are me  we are one  take me in your arms  and flow through me  I'll flow through you
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码

我要回帖

更多关于 relationship to you 的文章

随机推荐