求分析he felt as though he couldhow to survive 2是什么从句

One August afternoon, Richard Allen dropped off his last passenger, Mrs. Carey. Lifting two grocery bags, he followed her across the yard and stood on the step of her house. Glancing up, he saw a large wasp(黄蜂)nest under the roof. Allen had heard that wasps can become more likely to sting(sting, stung, stung蜇)in summer. He mentioned this to Mrs. Carey, who had opened the door.“Oh, they don’t bother me,” she said lightly. “I go in and out all the time.”Anxiously, Allen looked at the nest again-to see the wasps flying straight at him. “Hurry!” he shouted to Mrs. Carey. “Get in!”She stepped quickly inside. Allen ran for his mini-bus. T they were upon him. Just as he jumped aboard, half a dozen red spots showed on his arm, and he felt more on his back and shoulders.As he was driving down the road, Allen felt as if something was burning at the back of his neck, and the “fire” was spreading forward toward his face. An immediate anxiety took hold of him. Allen knew that stings could cause some persons to die. But he had been stung the previous summer and the after-effects soon passed. However, what he didn’t know was that the first sting had turned his body into a time bomb waiting for the next to set off an explosion.Miles from the nearest medical assistance, Allen began to feel his tongue thick and heavy and his heartbeat louder. Most frightening, he felt his breathing more and more difficult. He reached for the radio mike(话筒),trying to call the mini-bus center, but his words were hardly understandable. Signals were also poor that far out. He knew a rescue team was on 24-hour duty at the Amherst Fire Department’s north station. So his best chance was to make a run for it.Rushing down the mountain, Allen tried not to panic, focusing his mind on each sharp turn. He was almost through the last of them when he felt sure he was going into shock(休克).Just then he reached for the radio mike again.“Call fire station,” he shouted, concentrating to form the words. “Emergency. Bee sting. Emergency. There in ten minutes.”“Five-ten,” the center replied. Hold on, Allen thought. Keep your eyes open. Breathe. Keep awake.At last he reached the station. Two firemen ran out. Allen felt their hands grasp him before he hit the ground. You made it, he thought.【小题1】It is mentioned in the passage that wasps are more likely to attack when_____.A. there are huge noises  B. strangers are approaching  C. the hottest season comes aroundD the air is filled with food smell【小题2】Allen didn’t know that if stung by wasps again, he would______.A.have no after-effectsB.suffer from sharper painC.become more sensitiveD.surely lose his life【小题3】Allen failed at his first attempt to send his message to the mini-bus center because _______.A.he was in a state of shockB.his radio equipment was poorC.he was unable to speak clearlyD.no one was on duty【小题4】Which would be the best title for the passage?A.A Race Against DeathB.Wasps, Bloody KillersC.Allen, A Helpless DriverD.War Against Wasps - 跟谁学
跟谁学学生版:genshuixue_student精品好课等你领在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
跟谁学学生版:genshuixue_student精品好课等你领在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:One August afternoon, Richard Allen dropped off his last passenger, Mrs. Carey. Lifting two grocery bags, he followed her across the yard and stood on the step of her house. Glancing up, he saw a large wasp(黄蜂)nest under the roof. Allen had heard that wasps can become more likely to sting(sting, stung, stung蜇)in summer. He mentioned this to Mrs. Carey, who had opened the door.“Oh, they don’t bother me,” she said lightly. “I go in and out all the time.”Anxiously, Allen looked at the nest again-to see the wasps flying straight at him. “Hurry!” he shouted to Mrs. Carey. “Get in!”She stepped quickly inside. Allen ran for his mini-bus. T they were upon him. Just as he jumped aboard, half a dozen red spots showed on his arm, and he felt more on his back and shoulders.As he was driving down the road, Allen felt as if something was burning at the back of his neck, and the “fire” was spreading forward toward his face. An immediate anxiety took hold of him. Allen knew that stings could cause some persons to die. But he had been stung the previous summer and the after-effects soon passed. However, what he didn’t know was that the first sting had turned his body into a time bomb waiting for the next to set off an explosion.Miles from the nearest medical assistance, Allen began to feel his tongue thick and heavy and his heartbeat louder. Most frightening, he felt his breathing more and more difficult. He reached for the radio mike(话筒),trying to call the mini-bus center, but his words were hardly understandable. Signals were also poor that far out. He knew a rescue team was on 24-hour duty at the Amherst Fire Department’s north station. So his best chance was to make a run for it.Rushing down the mountain, Allen tried not to panic, focusing his mind on each sharp turn. He was almost through the last of them when he felt sure he was going into shock(休克).Just then he reached for the radio mike again.“Call fire station,” he shouted, concentrating to form the words. “Emergency. Bee sting. Emergency. There in ten minutes.”“Five-ten,” the center replied. Hold on, Allen thought. Keep your eyes open. Breathe. Keep awake.At last he reached the station. Two firemen ran out. Allen felt their hands grasp him before he hit the ground. You made it, he thought.【小题1】It is mentioned in the passage that wasps are more likely to attack when_____.A. there are huge noises  B. strangers are approaching  C. the hottest season comes aroundD the air is filled with food smell【小题2】Allen didn’t know that if stung by wasps again, he would______.A.have no after-effectsB.suffer from sharper painC.become more sensitiveD.surely lose his life【小题3】Allen failed at his first attempt to send his message to the mini-bus center because _______.A.he was in a state of shockB.his radio equipment was poorC.he was unable to speak clearlyD.no one was on duty【小题4】Which would be the best title for the passage?A.A Race Against DeathB.Wasps, Bloody KillersC.Allen, A Helpless DriverD.War Against WaspsOne August afternoon, Richard Allen dropped off his last passenger, Mrs. Carey. Lifting two grocery bags, he followed her across the yard and stood on the step of her house. Glancing up, he saw a large wasp(黄蜂)nest under the roof. Allen had heard that wasps can become more likely to sting(sting, stung, stung蜇)in summer. He mentioned this to Mrs. Carey, who had opened the door.“Oh, they don’t bother me,” she said lightly. “I go in and out all the time.”Anxiously, Allen looked at the nest again-to see the wasps flying straight at him. “Hurry!” he shouted to Mrs. Carey. “Get in!”She stepped quickly inside. Allen ran for his mini-bus. T they were upon him. Just as he jumped aboard, half a dozen red spots showed on his arm, and he felt more on his back and shoulders.As he was driving down the road, Allen felt as if something was burning at the back of his neck, and the “fire” was spreading forward toward his face. An immediate anxiety took hold of him. Allen knew that stings could cause some persons to die. But he had been stung the previous summer and the after-effects soon passed. However, what he didn’t know was that the first sting had turned his body into a time bomb waiting for the next to set off an explosion.Miles from the nearest medical assistance, Allen began to feel his tongue thick and heavy and his heartbeat louder. Most frightening, he felt his breathing more and more difficult. He reached for the radio mike(话筒),trying to call the mini-bus center, but his words were hardly understandable. Signals were also poor that far out. He knew a rescue team was on 24-hour duty at the Amherst Fire Department’s north station. So his best chance was to make a run for it.Rushing down the mountain, Allen tried not to panic, focusing his mind on each sharp turn. He was almost through the last of them when he felt sure he was going into shock(休克).Just then he reached for the radio mike again.“Call fire station,” he shouted, concentrating to form the words. “Emergency. Bee sting. Emergency. There in ten minutes.”“Five-ten,” the center replied. Hold on, Allen thought. Keep your eyes open. Breathe. Keep awake.At last he reached the station. Two firemen ran out. Allen felt their hands grasp him before he hit the ground. You made it, he thought.【小题1】It is mentioned in the passage that wasps are more likely to attack when_____.A. there are huge noises  B. strangers are approaching  C. the hottest season comes aroundD the air is filled with food smell【小题2】Allen didn’t know that if stung by wasps again, he would______.A.have no after-effectsB.suffer from sharper painC.become more sensitiveD.surely lose his life【小题3】Allen failed at his first attempt to send his message to the mini-bus center because _______.A.he was in a state of shockB.his radio equipment was poorC.he was unable to speak clearlyD.no one was on duty【小题4】Which would be the best title for the passage?A.A Race Against DeathB.Wasps, Bloody KillersC.Allen, A Helpless DriverD.War Against Wasps科目:难易度:最佳答案【小题1】C【小题2】D【小题3】C【小题4】A 解析试题分析:文章讲述了一个人被黄蜂蜇后的自救的故事。情节紧张,语言紧凑。难度适中。【小题1】细节题:从第一段的句子:Allen had heard that wasps can become more likely to sting(sting, stung, stung蜇)in summer.可知答案是C【小题2】细节题。文中的信息在第5段最后一句话。However, what he didn’t know was that the first sting had turned his body into a time bomb waiting for the next to set off an explosion. 然而,他并不知道的是他的第一次被蜇已经使他的身体变成了再蜇一次便随即爆炸的定时炸弹。可知答案是D【小题3】细节题:从第六段的句子:but his words were hardly understandable.可知是因为他说话不清楚。选C【小题4】主旨题:本文是以作者被黄蜂蛰伤后求救及与死亡作斗争的过程为主线,故选A 考点:考查故事类短文点评:对记叙文体裁的阅读理解的考查点主要以事实细节题和主旨大意题为主,词义猜测题和推理判断题为辅。考查考生判断事物的能力以及推理能力的深层含义。知识点:&&&&&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心阅读下面材料,然后按要求写一篇150词左右的英语短文。On the morning after the rainstorm, a man was walking on the beach, enjoying the beautiful view of the nature. Suddenly, he found thousands of starfish(海星) trapped in the shallow puddles(水坑) on the beach. As the sun rose, the water in the puddles was disappearing and the starfish began to struggle for life desperately. However, they still had no hopes to go back to the sea not far away.As the man continued walking, he noticed a little boy picking up the starfish one by one and throwing them into the ocean. Then he went over and asked the boy, “What are you doing?” The boy replied, “I'm throwing starfish back into the water. If I leave them here, they’ll dry up and die.” The man said, “But look how many starfish there are. What you’re doing can’t possibly make a great difference to all of them.” As the boy picked up another starfish and threw it into the ocean, he said, “Well, it makes a difference to this one!” Then he added, “Though I can’t save all of them, I can make some of them survive with my efforts.”Moved by the lovely and warm-hearted boy, the man bent down to pick up the struggling starfish and threw them into water. Every time he threw the starfish into the water, he felt their fate was changing.[来源:学+科+网]【写作内容】1、以约30个词概括短文的内容要点。2、然后以约120个词就 “施助于人”的主题发表看法,内容包括:(1)你如何评价故事中小男孩?(2)叙述一次你真实或虚构的“施助于人”的经历。(3)呼吁大家积极参与“施助于人”的活动。【写作要求】1、作文中可以使用实例来支持你的论点,也可以参照阅读材料的内容论述,但不得直接引用原文中的句子;2、作文中不能出现真实姓名和学校名称。【评分标准】概括准确,语言规范,内容合适,篇章连贯。 - 跟谁学
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
跟谁学学生版:genshuixue_student精品好课等你领在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:阅读下面材料,然后按要求写一篇150词左右的英语短文。On the morning after the rainstorm, a man was walking on the beach, enjoying the beautiful view of the nature. Suddenly, he found thousands of starfish(海星) trapped in the shallow puddles(水坑) on the beach. As the sun rose, the water in the puddles was disappearing and the starfish began to struggle for life desperately. However, they still had no hopes to go back to the sea not far away.As the man continued walking, he noticed a little boy picking up the starfish one by one and throwing them into the ocean. Then he went over and asked the boy, “What are you doing?” The boy replied, “I'm throwing starfish back into the water. If I leave them here, they’ll dry up and die.” The man said, “But look how many starfish there are. What you’re doing can’t possibly make a great difference to all of them.” As the boy picked up another starfish and threw it into the ocean, he said, “Well, it makes a difference to this one!” Then he added, “Though I can’t save all of them, I can make some of them survive with my efforts.”Moved by the lovely and warm-hearted boy, the man bent down to pick up the struggling starfish and threw them into water. Every time he threw the starfish into the water, he felt their fate was changing.[来源:学+科+网]【写作内容】1、以约30个词概括短文的内容要点。2、然后以约120个词就 “施助于人”的主题发表看法,内容包括:(1)你如何评价故事中小男孩?(2)叙述一次你真实或虚构的“施助于人”的经历。(3)呼吁大家积极参与“施助于人”的活动。【写作要求】1、作文中可以使用实例来支持你的论点,也可以参照阅读材料的内容论述,但不得直接引用原文中的句子;2、作文中不能出现真实姓名和学校名称。【评分标准】概括准确,语言规范,内容合适,篇章连贯。阅读下面材料,然后按要求写一篇150词左右的英语短文。On the morning after the rainstorm, a man was walking on the beach, enjoying the beautiful view of the nature. Suddenly, he found thousands of starfish(海星) trapped in the shallow puddles(水坑) on the beach. As the sun rose, the water in the puddles was disappearing and the starfish began to struggle for life desperately. However, they still had no hopes to go back to the sea not far away.As the man continued walking, he noticed a little boy picking up the starfish one by one and throwing them into the ocean. Then he went over and asked the boy, “What are you doing?” The boy replied, “I'm throwing starfish back into the water. If I leave them here, they’ll dry up and die.” The man said, “But look how many starfish there are. What you’re doing can’t possibly make a great difference to all of them.” As the boy picked up another starfish and threw it into the ocean, he said, “Well, it makes a difference to this one!” Then he added, “Though I can’t save all of them, I can make some of them survive with my efforts.”Moved by the lovely and warm-hearted boy, the man bent down to pick up the struggling starfish and threw them into water. Every time he threw the starfish into the water, he felt their fate was changing.[来源:学+科+网]【写作内容】1、以约30个词概括短文的内容要点。2、然后以约120个词就 “施助于人”的主题发表看法,内容包括:(1)你如何评价故事中小男孩?(2)叙述一次你真实或虚构的“施助于人”的经历。(3)呼吁大家积极参与“施助于人”的活动。【写作要求】1、作文中可以使用实例来支持你的论点,也可以参照阅读材料的内容论述,但不得直接引用原文中的句子;2、作文中不能出现真实姓名和学校名称。【评分标准】概括准确,语言规范,内容合适,篇章连贯。科目:难易度:最佳答案A man noticed a boy repeatedly picking up the trapped starfish and throwing them into the sea despite being unable to save all of them. Consequently, the man was moved and joined the boy to save the struggling starfish.Reading the impressive story, I find the boy was so kind-hearted that he should really deserve praise from all the people. Young as he was, he fulfilled what was incredible to people. Actually, the young boy set a good example, especially to the young.My meaningful experience of offering help to a schoolmate will never escape from my memory. When I was in Senior Two, one of my schoolmates suffered from a severe and rare disease, which cost his parents all their savings and even put them heavily into debt. For lack of money, he was unable to get further medical treatment. Knowing this, I together with my classmates called for all the students and friends to collect money for him. It was our timely efforts that helped him out of hardships. Eventually he was saved. As the saying goes, “A small act of kindness goes a long way.” Therefore, I appeal to all the people to get involved in the campaign of offering a hand to others. I think only when we offer assistance to each other voluntarily can we live in a harmonious society.解析试题分析:首先要对材料进行简洁的概括;其次是以“施助于人”为话题写一篇作文。作文第一部分评价故事中的小男孩;第二部分叙述一次“施助于人”的经历;第三部分呼吁大家积极参与到“施助于人”中来。使用第一人称进行写作,不要出现拼写和时态错误。亮点说明:范文使用了较多的重要语法知识:非谓语动词Reading the impressive story和Knowing this;结果状语从句so kind-hearted that he should really deserve praise...;让步状语从句Young as he was;宾语从句what was incredible to people;时间状语从句When I was in Senior Two;定语从句which cost his parents all their savings和As the saying goes;强调句型It was our timely efforts that helped him out of hardships.;倒装句式only when we offer assistance to each other voluntarily can we live in a harmonious society等,定语从句、让步状语从句、非谓语动词、强调句和倒装句等的使用,使作文的等级得到了提高,显示了较高的英语水平;范文注意使用Actually, Therefore等衔接上下文,做到了语意连贯;范文使用了较多的短语:set a good example to;offering help to;escape from;one of my schoolmates;suffered from;For lack of money;together with;called for;appeal to;get involved in等,使文章内容充实,有说服力。考点:话题作文知识点:&&&&&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心Jack wasn’t saying anything,but the teacher smiled at him________he had done something very clever.A.as ifB.in caseC.whileD.though
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
跟谁学学生版:genshuixue_student精品好课等你领在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:
Jack wasn’t saying anything,but the teacher smiled at him________he had done something very clever.A.as ifB.in caseC.whileD.though
Jack wasn’t saying anything,but the teacher smiled at him________he had done something very clever.A.as ifB.in caseC.whileD.though
科目:难易度:最佳答案
试题分析:考查连词辨析。as if引导表语从句,表示“好像,似乎”;in case引导条件状语从句,表示“以防,万一”;while引导时间状语从句,表示“当、、、的时候”;though引导让步状语从句,表示“尽管”。句意:杰克什么话都没有说,但是老师笑着看着他好像他做了什么好事。故选A考点:考查连词辨析

知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心He knows that even if he gets a dog viably pregnant, the offspring, should they survive, will face ——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
He knows that even if he gets a dog viably pregnant, the offspring, should they survive, will face the problems shown at birth by other cloned animals: abnormalities like immature lungs and heart and weight problems. 该句主干是He knows that... .that引导的宾语从句是一个主从复合句.且从句位于主句之前.主句是the offspring will face the problems... ,从句是让步状语从句:even if he gets a dog viably pregnant,should they survive是个省略了if的条件状语从句.为插入语.修饰主句.另外.主句的宾语the problems后接有过去分词短语shown... 做后置定语.相当于一个定义从句are shown... ,冒号后的名词短语做the problems的同位语. 语篇分析 本文题材涉及生物技术.作者从克隆动物这个角度间接论证克隆人的不可行性.主张应该慎重对待克隆人研究.它是一篇观点论证型文章.按照“提出观点-论证观点-重申观点 的脉络展开论述.可分成三部分. 第一段为第一部分.提出观点:克隆人是不可行的. 引用专家Mark Westhusin和一位试图克隆其爱犬的富人的话(never met a human worth cloning.a stupid endeavor)表达作者的观点.接着介绍Mark Westhusin所进行的克隆动物的实验(two calves.a cat and a dog).并特别指出对狗的克隆最具难度(one of the mysteries of modern science). 【】
题目列表(包括答案和解析)
Saturday, October 7th, was a marathon of sad tasks for Anna Politkovskaya. Two weeks earlier, her father, a retired official in the department of foreign affairs, had died of a heart attack as he emerged from the Moscow Metro while on his way to visit Politkovskaya’s mother, Raisa Mazepa, in the hospital. She had just been diagnosed(诊断) with cancer and was too weak even to attend her husband’s funeral. “Your father will forgive me, because he knows that I have always loved him,” she told Anna and her sister, Elena Kudimova, the day he was buried. A week later, she had an operation and since then Anna and Elena had been taking turns helping her deal with her grief.Politkovskaya was supposed to spend the day at the hospital, but her twenty-six-year-old daughter, who was pregnant, had just moved into Politkovskaya’s apartment, on Lesnaya Street, while her own place was being prepared for the baby. “Anna had so much on her mind,” Elena Kudimova told me when we met in London, before Christmas. “And she was trying to finish her article.” Politkovskaya was a special reporter for the small newspaper Novaya Gazeta, and, like most of her work, the piece focused on the terror that can be seen all over the southern republic of Chechnya. This time, she had been trying to report repeated cruel acts done by people faithful to the Prime Minister, Ramzan Kadyrov, who are in favour of Russia. In the past seven years, Politkovskaya had written dozens of accounts of many had been collected in her book “A Small Corner of Hell: reports from Chechnya.” Politkovskaya was far more likely to spend time in a hospital than on a battlefield, and her writing bore frequent witness to robbery, and the uncontrolled cruelty of life in a place that few other Russians—and almost no other reporters—cared to think about. 【小题1】 Politkovskaya’s father died of ______.A.tirednessB.a diseaseC.an attackD.an accident【小题2】From the text we know that Raisa Mazepa ______.A.didn’t love her husbandB.didn’t attend her husband’s funeralC.was having an operation the day her husband was buriedD.was too sad to attend her husband’s funeral【小题3】The underlined word “emerged” most likely means ______.A.came outB.went intoC.looked intoD.left for【小题4】How many family members of Anna are mentioned in the passage?A.Three.B.FourC.FiveD.Six【小题5】Which of the following words can best describe Politkovskaya’s character?A.curiousB.easy-goingC.carelessD.responsible
I promised Michael I wouldn’t mention this until the season was over.Now l think it's time. Early last season, I wrote a column about an art of kindness I had seen Jordan do to a disabled child outside the stadium.After it ran,I got a call from a marl in the western suburbs.He said,“I read what you wrote about Jordan.but I thought I should tell you another thing I saw.”Here it comes, I thought. It always does. Write something nice about a person, and people call you up to say that the person is not so nice. A few weeks later Jordan and I were talking about something else before a game, and I brought up what the man had said. Was the man right? Had Jordan really been talking to those two boys in that poor and dirty .neighborhood? "Not two boys," Jordan said. "But four." And he named them. He said four names. And what did they talk about? "Everything,” Jordan said. " Anything. I’ve asked to see their grades so that I can check to see if they're paying attention to their study. If it turns out that one or two of them may need teaching, I make sure they get it." It's just one more part of Michael Jordan's life one more thing that no one knows about, and one more thing Jordan does fight for. The NBA season is over now, and those boys have their memories. So do J! When the expert reviewers begin to tuna against Jordan as they surely will, I'll think about those boys under the streetlight, waiting for the man they know to come. For someone they can depend on.【小题1】The writer wrote this story about Jordan and his young friends because _______A.he thought highly of Jordan's deedsB.he hated to see Jordan do something badC.he believed it was time to help the disabledD.he felt sure he needn't keep the promise then【小题2】 A man in the western suburbs made a call to_______A.know why Jordan stopped in a bad areaB.get a chance to become famous himselfC.let the writer know Jordan was not that niceD.offer an example to show how Jordan helped others【小题3】 Jordan talked with the boys because he _______.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&A.needed their supportB.had promised to do soC.liked to teach them to play basketballD.wanted to make sure they all studied well【小题4】 The text implies that Jordan is _______.A.an excellent basketball playerB.good at dealing with problems of lifeC.always ready to make friends with young peopleD.willing to do whatever he can for the good of society
Open Letter to an EditorI had an interesting conversation with areporter recently --- one who works for you. In fact, he's one of your bestreporters. He wants to leave.Your reporter gave me a copy of his resume(简历) and photocopies of sixstories that he wrote for you. The headlines showed you played them proudly.With great enthusiasm, he talked about how he finds issues(问题), approaches them, and writesabout them, which tells me he is one of your best. I'm sure you would hate tolose him. Surprisingly, your reporter is not unhappy. In fact, he told me hereally likes his job. He has a great assignment (分工), and said you run a great paper. It would beeasy for you to keep him, he said. He knows that the paper values him. Heappreciates the responsibility you've given him, takes ownership of hisprofession, and enjoys his freedom.So why is he looking for a way out?He talked to me because he wants hiseditors to demand so much more of him. He wants to be pushed, challenged,coached to new heights.The reporter believes that good storiesspring from good questions, but his editors usually ask how long the story willbe, when it will be in, where it can play, and what the budget is.He longs for conversations with an editorwho will help him turn his good ideas into great ones. He wants someone to getexcited about what he's doing and to help him turn his story idea upside downand inside out, exploring the best ways to report it. He wants to be morevaluable for your paper. That's what you want for him, too, isn't it?So your reporter has set me thinking.Our best hope in keeping our best reporters,copy editors, photographers, artists --- everyone --- is to work harder to makesure they get the help they are demanding to reach their potential. If we can'tdo it, they'll find someone who can.1.What does the writer think of thereporter?
A.Optimistic.
B.Imaginative.
C.Ambitious.
2.What does the reporter want most from hiseditors in their talks?
A.Finding the news value of his stories.
B.Giving him financial support.
C.Helping him to find issues.
D.Improving his good ideas.
3.Who probably wrote the letter?
A.An editor.
B.An artist.
C.A reporter.
D.A reader.
4.The letter aims to remind editors thatthey should ______.
A.keep their best reporters at all costs
B.give more freedom to their reporters
C.be aware of their reporters' professional development
D.appreciate their reporters' working styles and attitudes
My experience as a first yearcamp instructor held many things I was expecting, but also a number of things Iwas not expecting.My& 36&& came from lower-income neighborhoods andschools for an 8-week summer day camp.Many of the kidsseemed to&& 37&& each other before arriving andthose who didn't certainly became friends with each other by the second week ofcamp.&&& During thethird week of camp, a new camper&& 38&& us.He had just gotten out of year-roundschool,&& 39& &he joined the summer camp a littlelate.The first week he would& 40&& everymorning because he wanted to go home.He complained (报怨)of not having any &41&& and he didn't think hewould have any fun.&&& One day thefollowing week he didn't& 42& to camp.Many of the kids had comeup to me and asked me &43& he was and if he was OK.When I told them he stayed home then and that he didn't thinkanyone& 44& him, some of the kids had a &45& lookon their face because they knew they hadn't made him feel& 46& Thankfullythis camper &&47& &the next day.As he walked over to the area where our group of kids were in themorning times, the entire group stood up and clapped and& 48& forhim.All that day, the kids asked him to&&49&& with them at lunch, be on their teams for games, and stayedin& 50& with him when we moved to new activities.The.rest of that day, he was happy.&&& I had thepleasure of& 51& his mother a few days ago, and she gave methe biggest hug and thanked me for helping him to& 52 .She said, &My sontold me that you are the instuctor who's always& 53&& tomake him feel welcome, and he knows that you& 54&& carefor him.And last week for the first time since he'sbeen here, he didn't call me to pick him up&& 55& fromcamp.Thank you.&1.A.teachers&&&&&&&&&& B.workmates&&&&&&& C.campers&&&&&&&&& D.employees2.A.meet&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.help&&&&&&&&&&&& C.comfort&&&&&&&&& D.know3.A.contacted&&&&&&&&& B.joined&&&&&&&&&& C.disturbed&&&&&&& D.visited4.A.but&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.before&&&&&&&&&& C.so&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.since5.A.smile&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.hesitate&&&&&&&& C.exercise&&&&&&&& D.cry6.A.friends&&&&&&&&&&& B.families&&&&&&&& C.programmes&&&&&& D.goals7.A.come&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.travel&&&&&&&&&& C.drive&&&&&&&&&&& D.fly8.A.how&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.where&&&&&&&&&&& C.what&&&&&&&&&&&& D.who9.A.pleased&&&&&&&&&&& B.pardened&&&&&&&& C.noticed&&&&&&&&& D.liked10.A.quiet&&&&&&&&&&&& B.guilty&&&&&&&&&& C.pleasant&&&&&&&& D.strange11.A.relaxed&&&&&&&&&& B.respected&&&&&&& C.welcome&&&&&&& D.extraordinary12.A.showedup&&&&&&&&& B.ranaway&&&&&&&&& C.rangup&&&&&&&&&& D.brokeaway13.A.waited&&&&&&&&&&& B.prepared&&&&&&&& C.cheered&&&&&&&&& D.arranged14.A.play&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.sweep&&&&&&&&&&& C.agree&&&&&&&&&&& D.sit15.A.circle&&&&&&&&&&& B.line&&&&&&&&&&&& C.time&&&&&&&&&&&& D.advance16.A.meeting&&&&&&&&&& B.serving&&&&&&&&& C.consulting&&& D.understanding17.A.loseheart&&&&&&&& B.settledown&&&&&& C.fitin&&&&&&&&&&& D.dropout18.A.tried&&&&&&&&&&&& B.directed&&&&&&&& C.promised&&&&&&&& D.decided19.A.nearly&&&&&&&&&&& B.truly&&&&&&&&&&& C.finally&&&&&&&&& D.suddenly20.A.hurriedly B.safely&& C.late D.early&
Everybody has had at least one experiencefrom which he knows the meaning of life. This time, which took place severalyears ago, but seems as if it just happened.On an afternoon several years ago, mybrother-in-law opened the bottom drawer of my sister’s dress and picked out abeautiful skirt. “ Jan bought this the first time we went to New York, at least8 or 9 years ago. She never wore it. She was saving it for a special occasion.”he said.I guessthis was the occasion: it was the funeral of my sister, after her unexpecteddeath.He took the shirt and put it on bed, withthe other clothes we were taking to the funeral. Then he closed the drawer andturned to me, “Don’t ever save anything for a special occasion. Every dayyou’re alive is a special occasion.”I’m thinking about his words, and they’vechanged the way I live my life. I’m spending more time with my family andfriends and less time in committee meetings. Whenever possible, life should bea kind of experience to enjoy, not to suffer. “Someday ”and “one of these days”are losing their importance& on my vocabulary. If it’s worth seeing orhearing or doing, I want to see and hear and do it now.Ever since that day, I have been tryingvery hard not to put off, hold back or save anything that would add laughterand color to our lives. Every morning when I open my eyes, I tell myself thatevery day, every minute, every breath, truly is a gift. So cherish everyday and find the true meaning of your life.1.Why did Jan buy the beautiful skirt butdidn’t wear it?
A.She waited for a special occasion to wear it on.
B.She wanted to keep it for someone else.
C.She saved it till she grew up.
D.She would give it to herself as a gift some day.
2.What does the underlined word “cherish”mean?
A.Treasure.
3.From his experience, the author learnsthat_______.
A.everybody can have a happy life through efforts
B.every day in our lives is worth cherishing
C.enjoying ourselves is the most important thing in our lives
D.everybody will have some things left to do after his death
4.What’s the best title for this passage?
A.Every Day IS a Gift
B.My Sister Jan
C.What Is the Meaningful Life like
D.The Most Important Time in Your Life
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号

我要回帖

更多关于 though引导什么从句 的文章

随机推荐