the giraffme and you中文版the pelly and me有中文版吗

The Giraffe and the Pelly and Me: Roald Dahl: 0: : Books
Windows Phone
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
+&$3.99&shipping
Condition:
Used: Very Good
Comment: RAPID UK SHIPPING; PAPERBACK IN VERY GOOD CONDITION; REFLECTS USED STATUS; EASY REFUNDS; WE ARE A COMMUNITY INTEREST COMPANY
Add to Cart
Add to List
Sorry, there was a problem.
There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Please try again.
Add to Baby Registry
Have one to sell?
Flip to back
Flip to front
Playing...
You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition.
The Giraffe and the Pelly and Me
& International Edition, October 30, 2012
Find all the books, read about the author, and more.
for this author
Are you an author?
"Please retry"
"Please retry"
Paperback, International Edition, October 30, 2012
"Please retry"
"Please retry"
"Please retry"
"Please retry"
The giraffe, the pelican and the agile monkey set out to prove that they are the best window-cleaning company around.
See which books our editors chose as their favorites of this year for kids of all ages. .
Page 1 of 1
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Paperback$7.90
Paperback$6.75
Paperback$6.94
Paperback$7.99
Paperback$7.72
Paperback$7.90
Sponsored Products are advertisements for products sold by merchants . When you click on a Sponsored Product ad, you will be taken to an Amazon detail page where you can learn more about the product and purchase it.
To learn more about Amazon Sponsored Products, .
G. A. Whitmore
Inspired by a true story, this middle grade/young adult novel can be enjoyed by dog lovers of all ages. A compelling and heartwarming story.
Kindle Edition
Craig Crowton
If you like animals then come and join Oliver as he will be meeting lots on his adventure. Will you be able to do all of the challenges as you read?
Kindle Edition
Darcy Pattison
A rowdy heart doesn't always know what it wants for needs. Come and celebrate rowdy girls and their fathers.
Kindle Edition
Nancy L. Mills
The Knight the Moon and the Stars Got Stuck is a strikingly original work of children's literature that stands with many of our best-loved classics!
Weiqi Wang
If a boy possesses magic gifts equivalent to dragons, what would happen to him? If he has a magimal with dragon-like power too, what would it add?
Kindle Edition
Nancy Libbey Mills
The Star Bright Factory is a perfect bedtime story for the longer nights of the year. You don't want to miss this title for the holidays!
Michael Kracht
Editorial Reviews
From Publishers Weekly
The masters of wackiness dish up a giant portion of literary and artistic wit in this saga of T the Ladderless Window-Cleaning Company. Ages 7-10. Copyright 1994 Reed Business Information, Inc.
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From School Library Journal
Kindergarten-Grade 4--Richard E. Grant reads Roald Dahl's story (Puffin, pap. 2002) in an animated and pleasant voice perfectly suited for the telling, including the requisite British dialect. One day looking for his favorite sweet shop, young Billy happens upon the Ladderless Window-Cleaning Company comprised of the giraffe, the pelican (Pelly), and the monkey. The giraffe, with an extending neck, can reach all of the high places, the pelican can hold the soap and water in his bucket-sized beak, the monkey does all of the washing, and Billy becomes their manager. Their first customer proves to be a great challenge. They are hired to clean all 677 windows of Hampshire House, owned by the richest man in all of England. Of course, there are many adventures along the way. The brevity of this story makes it especially useful for beginning as well as reluctant readers. This audiobook is certain to be a hit at public and school libraries.--Maren Ostergard, King County Library System, Bellevue, WA Copyright & Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
NO_CONTENT_IN_FEATURE
New York Times best sellers
Browse the New York Times best sellers in popular categories like Fiction, Nonfiction, Picture Books and more.
Product Details
Age Range: 8 - 12 years
Grade Level: 3 - 7
Paperback: 96 pages
Publisher: Puffin (October 30, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-13: 978-
Product Dimensions:
5.1 x 0.2 x 7.8 inches
Shipping Weight: 2.9 ounces
Average Customer Review:
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#2,901,952 in Books ()
Customer Reviews
Share your thoughts with other customers
Top Customer Reviews
on May 18, 2016Format: Paperback
Verified Purchase
Very informative and provides a thorough understanding of how the processes taking place in the brain affect all aspects of the way in which people learn. The brain is constantly changing and evolving, influencing our moods, thoughts, and actions. Jensen covers all of the various stages of brain development from conception through the teen years. He demonstrates how parents can create optimal conditions for their children's brains
by creating secure emotional attachments with them, providing them with good nutrition, teaching them proper social skills and emotional regulation, and replacing television with exploratory games and play.
This book offers many practical suggestions that teachers can incorporate into their classrooms to enhance the learning experience of their students. The suggestions take into consideration the way that emotional states, the physical environment, physical exercise, hormones, social interaction, stress, maturation, different types of memory, motivation, and existing mental models all influence learning the learning process. I definitely recommend this book for anyone who is interested brain-based learning.
Was this review helpful to you?
Sending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on August 27, 2013Format: Kindle Edition
Verified Purchase
This book was great!
Before you got to the hands-on techniques (which I will use with strategic abandon this year in my high school math classroom), you get a thorough, scientific explanation of the most recent brain research.
It was well worth reading this research at an in-depth level before I got to the techniques.
There are quotes I pulled out from all sections of this book, not just for me to read on a weekly basis while lesson planning, but to post around the classroom to educate and motivate the kids.I now have scientific reasons to give any confrontational folk for building activity-rich, humor-filled adaptations of statistics and consumer math.
It is a must-read, especially for science teachers who are frustrated with unfocused student behavior in the classroom, and non-completion of assignments (school or home).
It's an attitude adjustment, but hard planning work in unfamiliar territory will pay off!!
3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?
Sending feedback...
on August 7, 2012Format: Paperback
Verified Purchase
Jenson's The Brain In Mind is a technical and practical application of brain research on learning. As an earlier student of left/right brain techniques and learning styles, this book helped fill in several gaps and correct several errors,according to current brain research on how an educator might make learning easier for their students.For me,the most practical of the ideas was the timing and review necessary to insure learning. Definitely this will be done in my classroom next year.Other ideas, although
they would be interesting and beneficial to try, would be impractical. Hydration? Water bottles near computers? Not unless I wanted fired for destruction of public property.Scents paired with learning. Not unless I could insure that no-one would
be allergic.Parents of struggling students who would know their child's sensitivity would benefit from this technique. The most difficult part of this text was the theory behind brain-friendly research.But we are talking the human brain here,where the word simple does not apply. And of course you have to recognize that this field of study is relatively new and the theories will evolve and change over time just as the orginal left/right learning styles did.If I had been Jenson, who did group and regroup his
material for the reader's benefit, I would have provided the overview from Chapter 11 at the beginning of the book,and continued with beginning chapters' theories and techniques to make a more comprehensible book. Well, since that's more or less my final project for the class, I shouldn't complain about being given this opportunity to apply my learning. :D
One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?
Sending feedback...
on January 19, 2015Format: Paperback
Verified Purchase
."Teaching with the Brain in Mind" is an excellent beginner's book for those interested in brain-based learning. Jensen offers an easily understandable look at the parts of the brain and the way that people learn.What might have been an intimidating topic has benefitted from being designed a graphic designer who knows how to use space, font, and page size to advantage. The layout includes plenty of white space and visual cues. The headers are large and clear and the font is a nice size. The black and white diagrams and sketches are both useful and appropriate.This book is a good introduction to the brain for laymen, Psy and ED 101 students.Like.Kim BurdickStanton, Delaware
Was this review helpful to you?
Sending feedback...
on September 25, 2011Format: Paperback
Verified Purchase
Eric Jensen is a former teacher and the author of more than two dozen books on learning and the brain. His Teaching with the Brain in Mind was published 13 years ago, but this second edition was revised and updated six years ago. The book is approximately 160 pages not including the glossary, references, and index. It consists of 12 chapters that provide a basic introduction to the anatomy of the brain and how to apply brain research in the classroom.The basic message of Jensen's book is that we have a much greater ability to affect the learning of students than we realize. Some of the many topics covered in his book include include how to prepare children for school, how to motivate students to participate, how to influence emotional states, how to design smarter schools, and how to enhance memory and critical thinking skills.Teaching with the Brain in Mind was one of four books I was assigned for an Understanding the Learner class that I am taking through Columbia International University. I would not have chosen to read this book had it not been required reading, however, reading the book has definitely made me reflect on how I have instructed students and perhaps what I should have done differently. Today I would attempt to find ways to bring more kinesthetics and music into the classroom. I would also do a better job of inviting guest speakers and challenging the students to learn about and further serve the local community. I will need to promote these kind of activities amongst the teachers I work with.My final analysis: I think few would call Jensen's book a gripping read, but it is clear and will provide you some practical insights.
13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?
Sending feedback...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Page 1 of 1
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Paperback$6.75
Paperback$6.94
Paperback$7.99
Paperback$7.90
Paperback$7.72
Paperback$7.90
After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in.
After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in.商品名称:
评价得分:
此评价对我
此评价对我
此评价对我
此评价对我
此评价对我
此评价对我
此评价对我
此评价对我
此评价对我
此评价对我
此评价对我