阅读已结束,下载文档到电脑
想免费下载本文?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,方便使用
还剩1页未读,继续阅读
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢& Unit知识点 & “The cultures of the ...”习题详情
153位同学学习过此题,做题成功率69.9%
The cultures of the East and the West really disting&uish from each other a lot.This is because the culture systems are two separate systems &&&&.The origin of the eastern cultures is mainly from two countries:China and India.Both of the two cultures are gestated(孕育) by &&&&.In China,the mother river is the Yellow River &&&& the Indian one is the Hindu River.These two cultures were &&&& for several thousand years and formed their own styles.Then in the Tang Dynasty of China,the Chinese culture &&&& went overseas to Japan,&&&& into the Japanese society and &&&& the Japanese culture nowadays.Though a bit different from the Chinese one,it &&&& to the same system.When the two mother rivers gave birth to the eastern culture,another famous culture was &&&& on the Mesopotamian Plain(美索不达米亚平原)—the Mesopotamian Civilization.This civilization later on developed into the cultures of the Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome.And these two are well&known as the &&&& of the European culture.&&&& the Chinese culture,the European one also &&&& waters.When the colonists of England &&&& in America,their culture went with them over the Atlantic Ocean.So the American culture doesn’t &&&& from the European one a lot.At the same time,the &&&& of the language systems adds to the cultural differences.In the East,most languages belong to the pictographic(象形文字的) languages while the Western languages are &&&& based on the Latin system,for example,the one I’m using to write this paper.Other factors like human race difference &&&& as well.However,&&&& the far distance and the steep areas between the East and West,the two cultures seldom &&&& until recent centuries.&&&& they grew up totally in their own ways with almost no interference(干扰) from the other.【小题1】A.above allB.on the wholeC.in allD.in no case【小题2】A.mountainsB.plainsC.lakesD.rivers【小题3】A.orB.forC.whileD.when【小题4】A.developedB.improvedC.createdD.protected【小题5】.A.suddenlyB.quietlyC.graduallyD.naturally【小题6】A.mixedB.changedC.decidedD.forced【小题7】A.expandedB.interruptedC.influencedD.shaped【小题8】A.comesB.belongsC.amountsD.adds【小题9】A.brought upB.carried outC.given outD.picked up【小题10】A.resultB.signC.baseD.content【小题11】A.ViaB.ExceptC.With D.Like【小题12】A.affectedB.spreadC.crossedD.formed【小题13】A.joined upB.went upC.broke downD.settled down【小题14】A.comeB.sufferC.resultD.differ【小题15】.A.differenceB.developmentC.appearanceD.feature【小题16】A.properlyB.partlyC.simplyD.mostly【小题17】A.lastB.countC.reduceD.change【小题18】A.in terms ofB.due toC.as toD.in case of【小题19】A.transformB.displayC.communicateD.distinguish【小题20】A.FurthermoreB.MeanwhileC.Therefore D.HoweverB&
本题难度:一般
题型:解答题&|&来源:2014-高考二轮复习训练:专题3 动词与动词短语英语试卷
分析与解答
习题“The cultures of the East and the West really disting&uish from each other a lot.This is because the c...”的分析与解答如下所示:
【小题1】 B解析 下文都是与两种不同的文化体系有关,说明这是造就文化差异总的原因,故选择on the whole。above all首先;in all总共,总计;in no case决不。【小题2】 D解析 根据下文“...the mother river is the Yellow River...”和“...the Hindu River.”可知。【小题3】 C解析 while表示对比。中国的母亲河是黄河,而印度的则是印度河。【小题4】 A解析 与下文“...formed their own styles.”为承接关系,前者指的是两种文化的发展。同时与第三段第二句“This civilization later on developed into the cultures of the Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome.”相呼应。improve提高;create创造;protect保护。【小题5】 C解析 文化传播应是逐渐的。故选择gradually。【小题6】 A解析 唐朝文化传播到日本,与日本文化融合。【小题7】D解析 中日两种文化的融合,进而形成了现在的日本文化。shape使成为……形状,塑造,符合语境。expand扩展;interrupt中断;influence影响。【小题8】 B解析 根据上句日本文化的形成可知,中日文化虽有较大差异,但仍属于同一文化体系。【小题9】 A解析 与上句中的“When the two mother rivers gave birth to the eastern culture...”相对应,另一种文化孕育于美索不达米亚平原。bring up培养,孕育,符合语境。carry out执行;give out分发;pick up学会。【小题10】 C解析 古希腊和古罗马文化是欧洲文化的根基(base)。result结果;sign迹象;content内容。【小题11】 D解析 由下文中的also可知,西方文化的传播像中国文化一样也越过了海洋。【小题12】 C解析 下文举的例子说明欧洲文化也跨越了海洋。【小题13】 D解析 英国殖民者登陆美洲定居下来。settle down定居,符合语境。【小题14】 D解析 从上文欧洲文明与美洲文明的渊源来看,美洲文化和欧洲文化应无很大区别。【小题15】 A解析 由下文可知,该段主要说明语言的差异。【小题16】 D解析 在东方,大多数的语言属于象形语言,而大多数的西方语言都是从拉丁语系演变过来。properly确切地;partly部分地;simply仅仅。【小题17】 B解析 句意为:其他一些因素诸如人种上的差异(在东西方文化差异形成上)也产生了重要影响。count值得考虑,符合语境。【小题18】 B解析 因为东西方之间远隔千山万水,路途又颇为险峻,所以直到最近几个世纪二者才开始有交流。前半句是原因,后半句是结果。【小题19】 C解析 此处指两种文化的交流(communicate)。transform改变;display展示;distinguish区分,均与语意不符。【小题20】 C解析 前面一句提到的是原因。本句提到的是结果:这两种文化都是在互不干扰的情况下按照各自的模式形成并发展。therefore因此,符合语境。
找到答案了,赞一个
如发现试题中存在任何错误,请及时纠错告诉我们,谢谢你的支持!
The cultures of the East and the West really disting&uish from each other a lot.This is because ...
错误类型:
习题内容残缺不全
习题有文字标点错误
习题内容结构混乱
习题对应知识点不正确
分析解答残缺不全
分析解答有文字标点错误
分析解答结构混乱
习题类型错误
错误详情:
我的名号(最多30个字):
看完解答,记得给个难度评级哦!
经过分析,习题“The cultures of the East and the West really disting&uish from each other a lot.This is because the c...”主要考察你对“Unit”
等考点的理解。
因为篇幅有限,只列出部分考点,详细请访问。
与“The cultures of the East and the West really disting&uish from each other a lot.This is because the c...”相似的题目:
HARVARD, the top university in the United States, is a dream place for many students. Imagine being able to see how unique Harvard students are. Asking them what they learn. And how their classes are conducted.This month, 300 students from different parts of China had an opportunity to spend a week with Harvard students. They gathered in the High School Attached to Fudan University in Shanghai where the Harvard College Association for US-China Relations Summit for Young Leaders in China (HSYLC 2007) took place. Over 40 Harvard undergraduates took part in it!Around 2,000 Chinese students applied online for the program, which included various activities. Wang Wenjing, 17, from Shanghai Jingye High School was one of the 300 participants to be selected.Seminars (研讨会)Every day, the schedule was very busy filled with seminars, lectures, workshops (研习班), games and parties. Wang liked the seminars most.Seminars are small classes with no more than 10 students. Wang could choose six from 40 different seminars to attend. A Harvard student led each one."They explored international issues such as US immigration (移民). We were allowed lively discussion and sometimes the only thing we did in a class was debate," Wang said. "To prepare for the next seminar, we often stayed up late doing research. No one could keep silent and it was fun to share ideas with others."Celebrities’(名人) lecturesEach day, two or three lectures were given. Wang was excited that the lecturers were famous figures that before she had only seen on TV."I finally know why people are crazy about Yi Zhongtian. He is intelligent and eloquent (有口才的). Pu Bajia taught me how to overcome difficulties and plan for the future. All the lectures were inspiring," she said.At the closing ceremony, Wang and her partner from Nanjing presented their workshop project. It was a survey of how Chinese view Americans, as an article about how Americans view Chinese is popular on the Internet."The program taught me what I could not otherwise learn in the classroom. Harvard students also let me know how important to be creative," she said.Background
information300 Chinese
students had an opportunity to spend a week with students of Harvard
University, the most _【小题1】&&&& one
in the USA, being able to see how unique the Harvard students are, what they
learn and how their classes are 【小题2】&&&& out.The programme was _【小题3】&&&& in the PRC, with over 40 Harvard undergraduate
students _【小题4】&&&& part in it.About 2000 Chinese
students applied online, but only 300 were luckily chosen.&&&&【小题5】&&&&SeminarsSeminars are small
classes with only 10 students, &&&&【小题6】&&&& by a
Harvard student.There were 40 different
seminars for participants to choose from.The Chinese
students had to __【小题7】&&&&&&&& or debate in class.Everyone had to
stay up late, &&&&【小题8】&&&&&&&& for the next one.Celebrities’lecturesEvery day two or
three _【小题9】&&&& lectures were given by famous figures
who once appeared on TV, such as Yi Zhongtian.ConclusionParticipants had
to present their workshop projects, intended to encourage their &&&&【小题10】&&&&.&&&&
I couldn't imagine &&&& difficult it was for these badly injured victims to make it to the hospital.whenhowwhatwhere
—May I open the window to let in some fresh air?—&&&&!Come onTake careGo aheadHold on
“The cultures of the ...”的最新评论
该知识点好题
该知识点易错题
欢迎来到乐乐题库,查看习题“The cultures of the East and the West really disting&uish from each other a lot.This is because the culture systems are two separate systems ____.The origin of the eastern cultures is mainly from two countries:China and India.Both of the two cultures are gestated(孕育) by ____.In China,the mother river is the Yellow River ____ the Indian one is the Hindu River.These two cultures were ____ for several thousand years and formed their own styles.Then in the Tang Dynasty of China,the Chinese culture ____ went overseas to Japan,____ into the Japanese society and ____ the Japanese culture nowadays.Though a bit different from the Chinese one,it ____ to the same system.When the two mother rivers gave birth to the eastern culture,another famous culture was ____ on the Mesopotamian Plain(美索不达米亚平原)—the Mesopotamian Civilization.This civilization later on developed into the cultures of the Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome.And these two are well&known as the ____ of the European culture.____ the Chinese culture,the European one also ____ waters.When the colonists of England ____ in America,their culture went with them over the Atlantic Ocean.So the American culture doesn’t ____ from the European one a lot.At the same time,the ____ of the language systems adds to the cultural differences.In the East,most languages belong to the pictographic(象形文字的) languages while the Western languages are ____ based on the Latin system,for example,the one I’m using to write this paper.Other factors like human race difference ____ as well.However,____ the far distance and the steep areas between the East and West,the two cultures seldom ____ until recent centuries.____ they grew up totally in their own ways with almost no interference(干扰) from the other.【小题1】A.above allB.on the wholeC.in allD.in no case【小题2】A.mountainsB.plainsC.lakesD.rivers【小题3】A.orB.forC.whileD.when【小题4】A.developedB.improvedC.createdD.protected【小题5】.A.suddenlyB.quietlyC.graduallyD.naturally【小题6】A.mixedB.changedC.decidedD.forced【小题7】A.expandedB.interruptedC.influencedD.shaped【小题8】A.comesB.belongsC.amountsD.adds【小题9】A.brought upB.carried outC.given outD.picked up【小题10】A.resultB.signC.baseD.content【小题11】A.ViaB.ExceptC.With D.Like【小题12】A.affectedB.spreadC.crossedD.formed【小题13】A.joined upB.went upC.broke downD.settled down【小题14】A.comeB.sufferC.resultD.differ【小题15】.A.differenceB.developmentC.appearanceD.feature【小题16】A.properlyB.partlyC.simplyD.mostly【小题17】A.lastB.countC.reduceD.change【小题18】A.in terms ofB.due toC.as toD.in case of【小题19】A.transformB.displayC.communicateD.distinguish【小题20】A.FurthermoreB.MeanwhileC.Therefore D.However”的答案、考点梳理,并查找与习题“The cultures of the East and the West really disting&uish from each other a lot.This is because the culture systems are two separate systems ____.The origin of the eastern cultures is mainly from two countries:China and India.Both of the two cultures are gestated(孕育) by ____.In China,the mother river is the Yellow River ____ the Indian one is the Hindu River.These two cultures were ____ for several thousand years and formed their own styles.Then in the Tang Dynasty of China,the Chinese culture ____ went overseas to Japan,____ into the Japanese society and ____ the Japanese culture nowadays.Though a bit different from the Chinese one,it ____ to the same system.When the two mother rivers gave birth to the eastern culture,another famous culture was ____ on the Mesopotamian Plain(美索不达米亚平原)—the Mesopotamian Civilization.This civilization later on developed into the cultures of the Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome.And these two are well&known as the ____ of the European culture.____ the Chinese culture,the European one also ____ waters.When the colonists of England ____ in America,their culture went with them over the Atlantic Ocean.So the American culture doesn’t ____ from the European one a lot.At the same time,the ____ of the language systems adds to the cultural differences.In the East,most languages belong to the pictographic(象形文字的) languages while the Western languages are ____ based on the Latin system,for example,the one I’m using to write this paper.Other factors like human race difference ____ as well.However,____ the far distance and the steep areas between the East and West,the two cultures seldom ____ until recent centuries.____ they grew up totally in their own ways with almost no interference(干扰) from the other.【小题1】A.above allB.on the wholeC.in allD.in no case【小题2】A.mountainsB.plainsC.lakesD.rivers【小题3】A.orB.forC.whileD.when【小题4】A.developedB.improvedC.createdD.protected【小题5】.A.suddenlyB.quietlyC.graduallyD.naturally【小题6】A.mixedB.changedC.decidedD.forced【小题7】A.expandedB.interruptedC.influencedD.shaped【小题8】A.comesB.belongsC.amountsD.adds【小题9】A.brought upB.carried outC.given outD.picked up【小题10】A.resultB.signC.baseD.content【小题11】A.ViaB.ExceptC.With D.Like【小题12】A.affectedB.spreadC.crossedD.formed【小题13】A.joined upB.went upC.broke downD.settled down【小题14】A.comeB.sufferC.resultD.differ【小题15】.A.differenceB.developmentC.appearanceD.feature【小题16】A.properlyB.partlyC.simplyD.mostly【小题17】A.lastB.countC.reduceD.change【小题18】A.in terms ofB.due toC.as toD.in case of【小题19】A.transformB.displayC.communicateD.distinguish【小题20】A.FurthermoreB.MeanwhileC.Therefore D.However”相似的习题。& “I was brought up in ...”习题详情
0位同学学习过此题,做题成功率0%
I was brought up in the British, stiff upper lip style. Strong feelings aren’t something you display in public. So, you can imagine that I was unprepared for the outpouring of public grief(悲伤) at a Chinese funeral.My editorial team leader died recently after a short illness. He was 31. The news was so unexpected that it left us all shocked and upset. A female colleague burst into tears and cried piteously at her desk. Somehow we got through the day's work. The next day was the funeral. Our big boss stepped forward to deliver a eulogy(悼词) and was soon in tears. She carried on, in Chinese of course, but at the end said in English: &There will be no more deadlines for you in heaven.& Next came a long-term colleague who also dissolved in tears but carried on with her speech despite being almost overcome by emotion. Then a close friend of the dead man paid tribute(哀悼), weeping openly as he spoke. Sorrow is spreading. Me and women were now sobbing uncontrollably. Finally, the man's mother, supported between two women, addressed her son in his coffin. At one point, the mother almost collapsed and had to be held up. We were invited to step forward to each lay a white rose on the casket. Our dead colleague looked as if he was taking a nap. At the end of the service I walked away from the funeral parlor stunned at the outpouring of emotion. In the UK, families grieve privately and then try to hold it together and not break down at a funeral. Here in China it would seem that grieving is a public affair. It strikes me that it is more cathartic to cry your eyes out than try to keep it bottled up for fear of embarrassment, which is what many of us do in the West. Afterwards, a Chinese colleague told me that the lamenting at the funeral had been restrained(克制) by Chinese standards. In some rural areas, she said, people used to be paid to mourn noisily. This struck me like something out of novel by Charles Dickens. But we have all seen on TV scenes of grief-stricken people in Gaza and the West Bank, in Afghanistan, Iraq and the relatives of victims of terrorist bombings around the world. Chinese grief is no different. I realized that it's the reserved British way of mourning that is out of step with the rest of the world. It was our newspaper's production day. We were bussed back to the office to resume work. No more deadlines for our former colleague, but we had to pull together to put the newspaper to print. The boss invited the team to go out for dinner after work. We relaxed, smiled, joked. There was no mention of the funeral or our poor colleague. Enough sorrow had been shed already. We needed a break.1.The underlined words “stiff upper lip style” in Paragraph 1 mean “&”.A.cold-blooded&&&&& B.warm-hearted& C.light-hearted&& D.self-controlled&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&& 2.At the funeral, &.&&&&&& A. five individuals made speechesB. the boss’s speech was best thought ofC. the writer was astonished by the sceneD. everyone was crying out loudly3.According to the writer, people in the West &.&&&&& A. are not willing to be sad for the deadB. cry their eyes out at the public funeral C. prefer to control their sadness in publicD. have better way to express sadness4.It is implied that &.&& A. Chinese express their sadness quite unlike other peoplesB. the English might cry noisily for the dead in Dickens’ timeC. victims of terrorist bombings should be greatly honoredD. English funeral culture is more civilized than the others5.This passage talks mainly about &.&&&&&&& A. an editor’s death&&&&&&&&&&& B. bad funeral customsC. cultural differences&&&&&&&&& D. western ways of grief&&&&&& &&&& &&&&
本题难度:一般
题型:解答题&|&来源:2013-江西省高三第四次模考英语试卷
分析与解答
习题“I was brought up in the British, stiff upper lip style. Strong feelings aren’t something you display in p...”的分析与解答如下所示:
文章大意为:本文主要叙述了作者通过举了同事去世,中国人和亚洲一些国家一样总是为死去的人哭得很悲伤,而英国人不很会为死者哭得很悲伤,他们更喜欢控制他们的情绪,隐藏悲伤。1.C细节理解题:根据第一段最后一句I was unprepared for the outpouring of public grief(悲伤) at a Chinese funeral.作者说她在中国的葬礼上的悲伤倾泻而出,连她自己都没有准备。说明作者是善良的。故C正确。2.D 推理判断题:根据第三段“Our big boss stepped forward to deliver a eulogy”“ came a long-term colleague”“ Then a close friend of the dead man paid tribute(哀悼)”共有三个人made a speech 所以A排除;B项没提到;C项第三段第五行“Me and women were now sobbing uncontrollably.”可知并不是所有人都大哭;D项从第三段最后一句“At the end of the service I walked away from the funeral parlor stunned at the outpouring of emotion. ”可知作者被那场景震惊;故D正确。3.B 推理判断题根据第四段可知:西方人不是不为死者悲伤,他们会在公共场合控制自己的悲伤,因此A错;C也错;本文也没有说西方人有更好的办法去表达悲伤,说到他们会& 把悲伤藏在心底。故D错;根据第四段第一句“In the UK, families grieve privately and then try to hold it together and not break down at a funeral.”可知B项正确。4.A 推断题 根据第五段“people used to be paid to mourn noisily. This struck me like something out of novel by Charles Dickens.”可知A项正确。5.D 主旨大意题 本文主要叙述了作者通过举了同事去世,中国人和亚洲一些国家一样总是为死去的人哭得很悲伤,而英国人不很会为死者哭得很悲伤,他们更喜欢控制他们的情绪,隐藏悲伤。旨在强调文化差异。故D正确。
找到答案了,赞一个
如发现试题中存在任何错误,请及时纠错告诉我们,谢谢你的支持!
I was brought up in the British, stiff upper lip style. Strong feelings aren’t something you display...
错误类型:
习题内容残缺不全
习题有文字标点错误
习题内容结构混乱
习题对应知识点不正确
分析解答残缺不全
分析解答有文字标点错误
分析解答结构混乱
习题类型错误
错误详情:
我的名号(最多30个字):
看完解答,记得给个难度评级哦!
“I was brought up in ...”的最新评论
欢迎来到乐乐题库,查看习题“I was brought up in the British, stiff upper lip style. Strong feelings aren’t something you display in public. So, you can imagine that I was unprepared for the outpouring of public grief(悲伤) at a Chinese funeral.My editorial team leader died recently after a short illness. He was 31. The news was so unexpected that it left us all shocked and upset. A female colleague burst into tears and cried piteously at her desk. Somehow we got through the day's work. The next day was the funeral. Our big boss stepped forward to deliver a eulogy(悼词) and was soon in tears. She carried on, in Chinese of course, but at the end said in English: &There will be no more deadlines for you in heaven.& Next came a long-term colleague who also dissolved in tears but carried on with her speech despite being almost overcome by emotion. Then a close friend of the dead man paid tribute(哀悼), weeping openly as he spoke. Sorrow is spreading. Me and women were now sobbing uncontrollably. Finally, the man's mother, supported between two women, addressed her son in his coffin. At one point, the mother almost collapsed and had to be held up. We were invited to step forward to each lay a white rose on the casket. Our dead colleague looked as if he was taking a nap. At the end of the service I walked away from the funeral parlor stunned at the outpouring of emotion. In the UK, families grieve privately and then try to hold it together and not break down at a funeral. Here in China it would seem that grieving is a public affair. It strikes me that it is more cathartic to cry your eyes out than try to keep it bottled up for fear of embarrassment, which is what many of us do in the West. Afterwards, a Chinese colleague told me that the lamenting at the funeral had been restrained(克制) by Chinese standards. In some rural areas, she said, people used to be paid to mourn noisily. This struck me like something out of novel by Charles Dickens. But we have all seen on TV scenes of grief-stricken people in Gaza and the West Bank, in Afghanistan, Iraq and the relatives of victims of terrorist bombings around the world. Chinese grief is no different. I realized that it's the reserved British way of mourning that is out of step with the rest of the world. It was our newspaper's production day. We were bussed back to the office to resume work. No more deadlines for our former colleague, but we had to pull together to put the newspaper to print. The boss invited the team to go out for dinner after work. We relaxed, smiled, joked. There was no mention of the funeral or our poor colleague. Enough sorrow had been shed already. We needed a break.1.The underlined words “stiff upper lip style” in Paragraph 1 mean “____”.A.cold-blooded B.warm-hearted C.light-hearted D.self-controlled
2.At the funeral,____. A. five individuals made speechesB. the boss’s speech was best thought ofC. the writer was astonished by the sceneD. everyone was crying out loudly3.According to the writer, people in the West____. A. are not willing to be sad for the deadB. cry their eyes out at the public funeral C. prefer to control their sadness in publicD. have better way to express sadness4.It is implied that____. A. Chinese express their sadness quite unlike other peoplesB. the English might cry noisily for the dead in Dickens’ timeC. victims of terrorist bombings should be greatly honoredD. English funeral culture is more civilized than the others5.This passage talks mainly about____. A. an editor’s death B. bad funeral customsC. cultural differences D. western ways of grief
”的答案、考点梳理,并查找与习题“I was brought up in the British, stiff upper lip style. Strong feelings aren’t something you display in public. So, you can imagine that I was unprepared for the outpouring of public grief(悲伤) at a Chinese funeral.My editorial team leader died recently after a short illness. He was 31. The news was so unexpected that it left us all shocked and upset. A female colleague burst into tears and cried piteously at her desk. Somehow we got through the day's work. The next day was the funeral. Our big boss stepped forward to deliver a eulogy(悼词) and was soon in tears. She carried on, in Chinese of course, but at the end said in English: &There will be no more deadlines for you in heaven.& Next came a long-term colleague who also dissolved in tears but carried on with her speech despite being almost overcome by emotion. Then a close friend of the dead man paid tribute(哀悼), weeping openly as he spoke. Sorrow is spreading. Me and women were now sobbing uncontrollably. Finally, the man's mother, supported between two women, addressed her son in his coffin. At one point, the mother almost collapsed and had to be held up. We were invited to step forward to each lay a white rose on the casket. Our dead colleague looked as if he was taking a nap. At the end of the service I walked away from the funeral parlor stunned at the outpouring of emotion. In the UK, families grieve privately and then try to hold it together and not break down at a funeral. Here in China it would seem that grieving is a public affair. It strikes me that it is more cathartic to cry your eyes out than try to keep it bottled up for fear of embarrassment, which is what many of us do in the West. Afterwards, a Chinese colleague told me that the lamenting at the funeral had been restrained(克制) by Chinese standards. In some rural areas, she said, people used to be paid to mourn noisily. This struck me like something out of novel by Charles Dickens. But we have all seen on TV scenes of grief-stricken people in Gaza and the West Bank, in Afghanistan, Iraq and the relatives of victims of terrorist bombings around the world. Chinese grief is no different. I realized that it's the reserved British way of mourning that is out of step with the rest of the world. It was our newspaper's production day. We were bussed back to the office to resume work. No more deadlines for our former colleague, but we had to pull together to put the newspaper to print. The boss invited the team to go out for dinner after work. We relaxed, smiled, joked. There was no mention of the funeral or our poor colleague. Enough sorrow had been shed already. We needed a break.1.The underlined words “stiff upper lip style” in Paragraph 1 mean “____”.A.cold-blooded B.warm-hearted C.light-hearted D.self-controlled
2.At the funeral,____. A. five individuals made speechesB. the boss’s speech was best thought ofC. the writer was astonished by the sceneD. everyone was crying out loudly3.According to the writer, people in the West____. A. are not willing to be sad for the deadB. cry their eyes out at the public funeral C. prefer to control their sadness in publicD. have better way to express sadness4.It is implied that____. A. Chinese express their sadness quite unlike other peoplesB. the English might cry noisily for the dead in Dickens’ timeC. victims of terrorist bombings should be greatly honoredD. English funeral culture is more civilized than the others5.This passage talks mainly about____. A. an editor’s death B. bad funeral customsC. cultural differences D. western ways of grief
”相似的习题。

我要回帖

更多关于 chinese mother 50 的文章

随机推荐