People aroundhim him all regard him as their 下文谢谢

douban.com, all rights reserved 北京豆网科技有限公司Hannay was nervous. His enemies were searching for him. All around him were grassy hills without trees. He had nowhere to hide. How could he escape?Hannay walked along the country for a long time. Then he saw a road worker, who was working alone, fixing the road. Hannay could see the road worker was not feeling well. Hannay came up to him and said “How are you?”“My head hurts,” the worker said, “I can’t do it. I want to go home to bed. My daughter got married yesterday, and I drank a lot of wine with my friends. That’s the problem!”Hannay agreed that he should be home in bed.“Yes, and I would be,” he replied,”but yesterday I received a message saying that the new surveyor was coming to look at my work. If he comes and finds me away, I’ll be in trouble.”Suddenly Hannay had bright idea--he could act as the road worker and get away from his enemies.“You go off to bed,” Hannay said,”I’ll do your job until the new surveyor comes.”The road worker was pleased with this idea. He gave Hannay his hat and his old coat. Then he went home to sleep and perhaps to drink a bit more. Hannay put on the worker’s hat and coat and began to fix the road. About an hour later he heard a voice.“Are you the road worker?” it asked.It was the new surveyor. He was a young man with a clean face. He sat in a small car.Hannay said yes. The surveyor told him about some work he wanted him to do before he came by again and drove off. Hannay continued with his work.Then a village boy came by.”What has happened to the road worker?” he asked.“He stayed at home today,” Hannay replied.”He’s sick.”
At about midday, a large car came down the hill and stopped near Hannay. Three man got out of the car. Hannay’s heart beat fast. He knew his enemies were coming...【小题1】What is this passage probably taken from?A.A history book.B.A travel book.C.A novelD.A science book.【小题2】Why was the road worker feeling ill?A.He had a cold.B.He hadn’t eaten all day.C.He had been working all day.D.He drank too much at his daughter’s wedding.【小题3】Who did NOT come by while Hannay was working on the road?A.The surveyor.B.The road worker’s daughter.C.Hannay’s enemies.D.A village boy.【小题4】What can we infer (推断)from the story?A.Hannay helped the road worker because he was warm-hearted.B.The grassy hills were a perfect hiding place for Hannay.C.The surveyor had lot of working experience.D.The village boy knew the road worker.【小题5】What is the correct order of the story?①Hannay met a road worker who was not feeling well and offered to take over for him.②Hannay was worried because his enemies were following him. ③A car stopped near Hannay and three men got out.④Hannay acted as the road worker when the surveyor came by.⑤The village boy wondered what had happened to the road worker.A.②→①→④→⑤→③B.②→①→④→③→⑤C.①→④→②→⑤→③D.①→④→②→③→⑤
提示:下载试题将会占用您每日试题的下载次数,建议加入到试题篮统一下载(普通个人用户:3次/天)
【知识点】
In 1997,12-year-old American girl Caitlin and 14-year-old Zimbabwean (津巴布韦人) Martin became pen friends through their schools. They didn’t realize at that time how their handwritten letters would change their lives.It all began as a school task. Everyone in Caitlin’s class was supposed to choose a pen friend from another country. All the other kids picked countries like France or Germany, but Caitlin chose Zimbabwe because the name sounded exotic(异国的) and cool.Martin lived with his family in one of Zimbabwe’s worst slums(贫民窟) where they shared one room with another family. And a bed was their only piece of furniture.When Caitlin’s first letters reached Martin, they were simple and general. The two kids wrote about their favorite music and what they liked to do. But as Martin gradually revealed more about his life and his letters started arriving written on pieces of trash, Caitlin realized what the living conditions were like for Martin. Without telling her parents, she began sending money with her letters—$ 20 at a time. While the money was not much to Caitlin, it meant more food for Martin’s family and enabled him to pay his school fees.It lasted six years from their first exchange of letters to Martin’s arrival in the United States. With the help of the money from Caitlin’s parents later on, Martin finished his university and got his MBA from Duke University.Today, Caitlin and Martin aren’t only best friends, but they also share their story in a book called I Will Always Write Back. They want to encourage readers to look beyond their own lives and do something kind for others, which might greatly influence their lives.【小题1】&&&&&&&is from Zimbabwe?A.DukeB.CaitlinC.MartinD.Frank【小题2】What does the underlined word “revealed” mean in Chinese?A.索要B.透露C.回顾D.检索【小题3】Which is the correct order of the following events? a. They shared their story in a book. b. Caitlin’s first letters reached Martin. c. Caitlin chose a pen friend from Zimbabwe. d. Martin got his MBA from Duke University.A.a-b-c-dB.a-b-d-cC.c-b-d-aD.c-d-b-a【小题4】According to the passage, which of the following is not TRUE?A.Caitlin chose Zimbabwe because the name sounded exotic and cool.B.Martin lived a very hard life in one of the worst slums in Zimbabwe.C.Martin’s family could get more food with Caitlin’s money in the letters.D.They had kept writing to each other for five years before Martin arrived in the US.【小题5】Which would be the best title for this passage?A.The Two Pen FriendsB.The Power of WritingC.The Special School TaskD.The Money in Letters
There lived an old man in a small town of Germany. He had three sons and they all worked in the same factory where he had worked. After the Second World War began. his sons were all made to join the army and all of them died in the battle(战争). The old man was heartbroken. He didn't have enough food and often went hungry. Nobody helped him and he didn't know how to go on living.One cold winter night, the old man couldn't go to sleep. He had been hungry for two days and it was so cold that ice could be seen in his room. He had to get up and began to run in the room until he lay down on the ground. The next morning he had to beg from door to door. He had been to a lot of cities ever since.Once he came to a village, but the villagers were all poor and couldn't give him anything. He was too hungry to go to another village. He thought over and over and found a way. He came to a police station and called out. "Hitler is a foolish pig!”Out came a policeman at once. He took the old man into a room, gave him some bread and a cup of tea. Then he said, "Don't say that in our village, sir!”“I’m sorry, sir,” said the old man, “I don’ t know it's Hitler’ s hometown.”“No, no, sir,” the policeman said in a hurry. “It’s the pig’s hometown!”请根据短文内容,选择最佳选项。【小题1】Why was the old man heartbroken?A. Because he had nothing to support his three sonsB. Because he was made to join the armyC. Because all his three sons lost their lives in the war【小题2】Finally, the old man got things to eat by _________.A. asking the villagers for helpB. shouting to the police stationC. begging from door to door【小题3】Actually the policeman __________.A. hated Hitler as well as the old manB. didn’t want to help the old manC. thought the old man was more foolish than pigs【小题4】We can infer(推断)that the “village” underlined in the passage is _______hometown.A. the old man’s&&& B. the pigs’&&& C. Hitler’s【小题5】The passage above is _________.A. a science fiction&&& B. a funny story&&& C. a fairy tale
Happiness is important for everyone. Most people want to be happy, but few know how to find happiness. Here is a story to help you.Once a bird lived unhappily. So it traveled far away to look for its happiness.It flew and flew. Suddenly it saw a spider climbing up a wall. The spider fell off the wall halfway. But it kept climbing again and fell off again. Even so, the spider didn’t give up. The littlebird asked the spider in surprise. “Why don' t you have pain but happiness on your face though you fail again and again?”“Because I keep making my efforts. I'm happy.” said the spider.Then the little bird saw it happiness is a will in the heart.The bird continued flying and saw a lame duck help a little duck who got lost to find the way back home. Although it was disabled, it had a smiling face.“I'm happy because I can help others.” said the lame duck.So the bird saw it happiness is a love in the heart.The bird went on flying and suddenly saw a little dying flower, whose face was full of smile. The bird didn’t know the reason. So it asked the little flower, “You're going to die. Why are you still so happy?” “Because my dream will come true,” said the little flower.“What is your dream?”“To produce sweet fruit.”The little bird saw it: happiness is a hope in the heart.So the little bird no more looked for happiness because it had seen the truth happiness is not in the faraway place but in your own heart. You are the maker of your own happiness.【小题1】Who never gave up though it failed again and again in this passage?A.The birdB.The spider.C.The flower.D.The duck.【小题2】Why is the little dying flower still so happy?A.Because it often helps others.B.Because it’ll produce sour fruit.C.Because it has a hope in the heart.D.Because it keeps climbing up a wall.【小题3】What can we know from the story?A.The bird found happiness in its own heart.B.The bird found happiness in the faraway place.C.The bird didn’t know where happiness was at last.D.The lame duck wasn’t happy because it had to help others.【小题4】Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage?A.Happiness is important for everyone.B.Many people know how to find happiness.C.We make happiness by ourselves.D.The way to happiness is to have a dream, to help others and not to give up.【小题5】The passage is mainly about&&&&.A.willB.hopeC.loveD.happiness
暂时无评论暂时无评论
相关知识点& “One of the latest tr...”习题详情
0位同学学习过此题,做题成功率0%
One of the latest trend(趋势) in American Childcare is Chinese au pairs. Au Pair in Stamford, for example, has got increasing numbers of request for Chinese au pairs from aero to around 4,000 since 2004. And that’s true all across the country. “I thought it would be useful for him to learn Chinese at an early age” Joseph Stocke, the managing director of a company, says of his 2-year old son. “I would at least like to& give him the chance to use the language in the future,” After only six months of being cared by 25-year-old woman from China, the boy can already understand basic Chinese daily expressions, his dad says.
Li Drake, a Chinese native raising two children in Minnesota with an American husband, had another reason for looking for an au pair from China. She didn’t want her children to miss out on their roots.” Because I am Chinese, my husband and I wanted the children to keep exposed to(接触) the language and culture(文化).” she says. “Staying with a native speaker is better for children than simply sitting in a classroom,” says Suzanne Flynn, a professor in language education of Children.” But parents must understand that just one year with au pair is unlikely to produce wonders. Complete mastery demands continued learning until the age of 10 or 12.” The popularity of au pairs from China has been strengthened by the increasing numbers of American parents who want their children who want their children to learn Chinese. It is expected that American demand for au pairs will continue to rise in the next few years.【小题1】What does that term” au pair” in the text mean?A.A mother raising her children on her ownB.A child learning a foreign language at homeC.A professor in language education of childrenD.A young foreign woman taking care of children.【小题2】Li Drake has her children study Chinese because she wants them&.A.to live in China some dayB.to speak the language at homeC.to catch up wit other children D.to learn about the Chinese culture【小题3】What can we infer from the text?A.Learning Chinese is becoming popular In AmericaB.Educated woman do better in looking after childrenC.Chinese au pairs need to improve their English Skills.D.Children can learn a foreign language well in six months.&
本题难度:一般
题型:解答题&|&来源:2014-[同步]2014年外研版高中英语选修九模块6练习卷
分析与解答
习题“One of the latest trend(趋势) in American Childcare is Chinese au pairs. Au Pair in Stamford, for example, ...”的分析与解答如下所示:
文章大意:考察文化教育类阅读.本文告诉我们在美国现在有了一个新的趋势:为孩子找一个中国保姆。让孩子接触到中文,了解中国文化。说明在美国学习中文越来越流行了。【小题1】推理题。根据1,3,4段Au Pair in Stamford, for example, has got increasing numbers of request for Chinese au pairs from aero to around 4,000和had another reason for looking for an au pair from China.以及“Staying with a native speaker is better for children than simply sitting in a classroom,”可知” au pair”是指来自中国的照顾孩子的年轻女性,她们承担这教育孩子中文的任务。故D项正确。【小题2】细节题。根据第三段后3行She didn’t want her children to miss out on their roots.” Because I am Chinese, my husband and I wanted the children to keep exposed to(接触) the language and culture.” she says.可知她是一个中国人,她和丈夫读希望自己的孩子那个接触到中文并了解中文的文化。故D正确。【小题3】推理题。根据文章第一句One of the latest trend(趋势) in American Childcare is Chinese au pairs. 和最后一段The popularity if au pairs from china has been strengthened by the increasing numbers of American parents who want their children who want their children to learn Chinese. It is expected that American demand for au pairs will continue to rise in the next few years.可知美国人对于中文的学习的兴趣越来越大,为孩子寻找一个会讲中文保姆已经成为了一个趋势。这些都说明学习中文变得很流行了。故A正确。
找到答案了,赞一个
如发现试题中存在任何错误,请及时纠错告诉我们,谢谢你的支持!
One of the latest trend(趋势) in American Childcare is Chinese au pairs. Au Pair in Stamford, for exam...
错误类型:
习题内容残缺不全
习题有文字标点错误
习题内容结构混乱
习题对应知识点不正确
分析解答残缺不全
分析解答有文字标点错误
分析解答结构混乱
习题类型错误
错误详情:
我的名号(最多30个字):
看完解答,记得给个难度评级哦!
“One of the latest tr...”的最新评论
欢迎来到乐乐题库,查看习题“One of the latest trend(趋势) in American Childcare is Chinese au pairs. Au Pair in Stamford, for example, has got increasing numbers of request for Chinese au pairs from aero to around 4,000 since 2004. And that’s true all across the country. “I thought it would be useful for him to learn Chinese at an early age” Joseph Stocke, the managing director of a company, says of his 2-year old son. “I would at least like to give him the chance to use the language in the future,” After only six months of being cared by 25-year-old woman from China, the boy can already understand basic Chinese daily expressions, his dad says.
Li Drake, a Chinese native raising two children in Minnesota with an American husband, had another reason for looking for an au pair from China. She didn’t want her children to miss out on their roots.” Because I am Chinese, my husband and I wanted the children to keep exposed to(接触) the language and culture(文化).” she says. “Staying with a native speaker is better for children than simply sitting in a classroom,” says Suzanne Flynn, a professor in language education of Children.” But parents must understand that just one year with au pair is unlikely to produce wonders. Complete mastery demands continued learning until the age of 10 or 12.” The popularity of au pairs from China has been strengthened by the increasing numbers of American parents who want their children who want their children to learn Chinese. It is expected that American demand for au pairs will continue to rise in the next few years.【小题1】What does that term” au pair” in the text mean?A.A mother raising her children on her ownB.A child learning a foreign language at homeC.A professor in language education of childrenD.A young foreign woman taking care of children.【小题2】Li Drake has her children study Chinese because she wants them____.A.to live in China some dayB.to speak the language at homeC.to catch up wit other children D.to learn about the Chinese culture【小题3】What can we infer from the text?A.Learning Chinese is becoming popular In AmericaB.Educated woman do better in looking after childrenC.Chinese au pairs need to improve their English Skills.D.Children can learn a foreign language well in six months.”的答案、考点梳理,并查找与习题“One of the latest trend(趋势) in American Childcare is Chinese au pairs. Au Pair in Stamford, for example, has got increasing numbers of request for Chinese au pairs from aero to around 4,000 since 2004. And that’s true all across the country. “I thought it would be useful for him to learn Chinese at an early age” Joseph Stocke, the managing director of a company, says of his 2-year old son. “I would at least like to give him the chance to use the language in the future,” After only six months of being cared by 25-year-old woman from China, the boy can already understand basic Chinese daily expressions, his dad says.
Li Drake, a Chinese native raising two children in Minnesota with an American husband, had another reason for looking for an au pair from China. She didn’t want her children to miss out on their roots.” Because I am Chinese, my husband and I wanted the children to keep exposed to(接触) the language and culture(文化).” she says. “Staying with a native speaker is better for children than simply sitting in a classroom,” says Suzanne Flynn, a professor in language education of Children.” But parents must understand that just one year with au pair is unlikely to produce wonders. Complete mastery demands continued learning until the age of 10 or 12.” The popularity of au pairs from China has been strengthened by the increasing numbers of American parents who want their children who want their children to learn Chinese. It is expected that American demand for au pairs will continue to rise in the next few years.【小题1】What does that term” au pair” in the text mean?A.A mother raising her children on her ownB.A child learning a foreign language at homeC.A professor in language education of childrenD.A young foreign woman taking care of children.【小题2】Li Drake has her children study Chinese because she wants them____.A.to live in China some dayB.to speak the language at homeC.to catch up wit other children D.to learn about the Chinese culture【小题3】What can we infer from the text?A.Learning Chinese is becoming popular In AmericaB.Educated woman do better in looking after childrenC.Chinese au pairs need to improve their English Skills.D.Children can learn a foreign language well in six months.”相似的习题。阅读理解 Humans are social animals.They live in groups all over the world.As these groups of people live apart from other groups, over the years and centuries they develop their own habits and ideas, w 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
  Humans are social animals.They live in groups all over the world.As these groups of people live apart from other groups, over the years and centuries they develop their own habits and ideas, which from different cultures.One important particular side of every culture is how its people deal with time.
  Time is not very important in non-industrial societies.The Nuer people of East Africa, for example, do not even have a word TIME that is in agreement with the abstract thing we call time.The daily lives of the people of such non-industrial societies are likely to be patterned around their physical needs and natural events rather than around a time schedule(时间表)based on the clock.They cook and eat when they are hungry and sleep when the sun goes down.They plant crops during the growing seasons and harvest them when the crops are ripe.They measure time not by a clock or calendar(日历),but by saying that an event takes place before or after some other event Frequently such a society measures days in terms of“sleeps”or longer periods in terms of“moons.”Some cultures, such as the Eskimos of Greenland measure seasons according to the migration of certain animals.
  Some cultures which do not have a written language or keep written records have developed interesting ways of“telling time”.For example, when several Australian aborigines(土著)want to plan an event for a future time, one of them places a stone on a cliff or in a tree.Each day the angle of the sun changes slightly.In a few days, the rays of the sun strike the stone in a certain way.When this happens, the people see that the agreed-upon time has arrived and the event can take place.
  In contrast(成对比),exactly correct measurement of time is very important in modern, industrialized societies.This is because industrialized societies require the helpful efforts of many people in order to work.For a factory to work efficiently(well, quickly and without waste),for example, all of the workers must work at the same time.Therefore, they must know what time to start work in the morning and what time they may go home in the afternoon.Passengers must know the exact time that an airplane will arrive or depart.Students and teachers need to know when a class starts and ends.Stores must open on time in order to serve their customers.Complicated(复杂的)societies need clocks and calendars.Thus, we can see that if each person worked according to his or her own schedule, a complicated society could hardly work at all.
By saying“Humans are social animals”, the author means ________.
they live all over the world
they are different from other animals
they live in one place, district or country, considered as a whole
they are divided into many groups
Time is not very important in non-industrial societies.This is because people in those societies ________.
don’t have the word TIME in their languages
don’t get used to using clocks and other timepieces
don’t measure time in their daily-lives around an exact time schedule
don’t need to plan their daily lives around an exact time schedule
The Australian aborigines’ way of“telling time”is based on ________.
the change of the sun rays
the movement of the earth in relation to the sun
the position of the stone
the position of the tree or the cliff
Which of the following might be the best title for this passage?
Time and Culture
The Measurement of Time
Time Schedule and Daily Life
Clock, Calendar and Society
答案:1.C;2.D;3.A;4.A;
练习册系列答案
科目:高中英语
来源:重庆一中2010届高三上学期第三次月考英语试题
阅读理解。
  When students and parents are asked to rate subjects according to their importance, the arts are unavoidably at the bottom of the list.Music is nice, people seem to say, but not important.Too often it is viewed as mere entertainment, but certainly not an education priority(优先).This view is shortsighted.In fact, music education is beneficial and important for all students.
  Music tells us who we are.Because music is an expression of the beings who create it, it reflects their thinking and values, as well ad the social environment it came influence that George Gershwin and other musicians introduced into their music is obviously American because it came from American musical traditions.Music expresses our character and values.It gives us identity as a society.
  Music provides a kind of perception(感知)that cannot be acquired any other way.Science can explain how the sun rises and sets.The arts explore the emotive(情感的)meaning of the same phenomenon.We need every possible way to discover and respond to our world for one simple but powerful reason:No one way can get it all.
  The arts are forms of thought as powerful in what they communicate as mathematical and scientific symbols.They are ways we human beings“talk”to each other.They are the language of civilization through which we express our fears, our curiosities, our hungers, our discoveries, our hopes.The arts are ways we give form to our ideas and imagination so that they can be shared with others.When we do not give children access to an important way of expressing themselves such as music, we take away from them the meanings that music expresses.
  Science and technology do not tell us what it means to be human.The arts do.Music is an important way we express human suffering, celebration, the meaning and value of peace and love.
  So music education is far more necessary than people seem to realize.
According to Paragraph 1, students ________.
regard music as a way of entertainment
disagree with their parents on education
view music as an overlooked subject
prefer the arts to science
In Paragraph 2, the author uses jazz an example to
compare it with rock music
show music identifies a society
introduce American musical traditions
prove music influences people’s lifestyles
According to the passage, the arts and science ________.
approach the world from different angles
explore different phenomena of the world
express people’s feelings in different ways
explain what it means to be human differently
What is the main idea of the passage?
Music education deserves more attention.
Music should be of top education priority.
Music is an effective communication tool.
Music education makes students more imaginative
来源:101网校同步练习 高一英语 外语教学与研究出版社
阅读理解:
  The desire to make explorations is born with man.Wherever his imagination goes, man also has a strong wish to go.A large part of human history is connected with the exploration of the world in which we live.Again and again people have set out with surprising courage and patience to look into unknown regions and lands to see what had not yet been seen, to make known the unknown.With kites, balloons and aircraft they left the ground to pass through the lower atmosphere.Now the outer space receives their attention.
  Why should man take the trouble of conquering space?It is hard to list the specific practical benefits that will result in.But one knows, from past experience in other areas, that man will surely see and discover new things in space that will increase our scientific knowledge, and this new knowledge will find its way into valuable practical uses.What we learn about man himself, from his experience in space, and from the effects of space and the space flight environment on him, will be extremely valuable.The new techniques developed to cany out the exploration of space, and to keep man alive in space, will certainly find practical uses in everyday life in some way.The areas that will benefit are manifold.They include communication, generation of power, transportation and travel, food production, materials, fuels and many others.But to say definitely just what the practical results will be is almost impossible.
The main idea of the first paragraph is that ________.
man desires to explore what is unknown
man often goes wherever his dreams go
man is no longer interested in the study of the land and sea now
man’s history is his exploration of the world
The word“manifold”in the second paragraph probably means ________.
The author seems to be in favor of ________.
doubting the necessity of the space exploration
the exploration of space
exploring more in space than in sea
his experience in space
In the last sentence of paragraph 2 the phrase“practical results”refers to the results ________.
that are obtained from experience
that can be learned as knowledge
that can be made use of
helping us make further exploration
来源:黑龙江省庆安三中学年高一上学期期末考试英语试题
阅读理解:
  In the old days, children were familiar with birth and death as part of life.This is perhaps the first generation of American youngsters who have never been close by during the birth of a baby and have never experienced the death of a family member.
  Nowadays when people grow old, we often send them to nursing homes.When they get sick, we send them to a hospital, where children are forbidden to visit terminally(晚期的)ill patients – even when those patients are their parents.This deprives(剥夺)the dying patient of significant family members during the last few days of his and it deprives the children of an experience of death, which is an important learning experience.
  Some of my colleagues and I once interviewed and followed about 500 terminally ill patients in order to find out what they could teach us and how we could be of more benefit, not just to them but to the members of their families as well.We were most impressed by the fact that even those patients who were not told of their serious illness were aware of its possible result.
  It is important for family members, and doctors and nurses to understand these patients’ communications in order to truly understand their needs, fears and fantasies.Most of our patients welcomed another human being with whom they could talk openly, honestly, and frankly(坦白地)about their trouble.Many of them shared with us their great need to be informed, to be kept up-to-date on their medical condition and to be told when the end was near.We found out that patients who had been dealt with openly and frankly were better able to deal with the coming of death and finally to reach a true stage of acceptance prior(在先的)to death.
The elders in America today _______.
were often absent when a family member was born or dying
were quite unfamiliar with birth and death
usually saw the birth or death of a family member
had often experienced the fear of death as part of life
Children in America today are deprived of the chance ________.
to learn how to face death
to visit their family members
to look after patients
to have access to a hospital
Five hundred terminally ill patients were interviewed with the main purpose of.
observing how they reacted to the crisis of death
helping them and their families overcome the fear of death
finding out their attitude towards the coming of death
learning how to best help them and their families
What may be concluded from the text?
Dying patients are afraid of being told of the coming of death.
Most doctors and nurses understand what dying patients need.
Dying patients should be truthfully informed of their condition.
Most patients are unable to accept death until it can’t be avoided.
来源:山东莘县实验高中2012届高三第三次月考英语试题
阅读理解:
  There are robots all around us.Some do very complicated jobs like flying airplanes and driving subway trains.And some do one simple job.When an automatic washing machine is switched on, water pours in.The machine waits until the water is warm enough for washing clothes.It does this by “feedback”(反馈).Information about what is happening is feedback into the robot to tell what to do next.Our eyes, ears and other senses are our feedback.They tell us what is going on around us.So robots are like human beings in two ways.They work and they have feedback.
  In some ways robots are better than human beings.They work quickly and do not make mistakes.They do not get bored doing the same job over and over again.And they never get tired.So robots are very useful in factories.They can be taught to do many different jobs.First their electronic brain must be shown how the job is done.A person moves the robot’s “arms” and “hands” through each part of the job.
  The most intelligent robots can move and see.Their eyes are cameras.Their fingers can feel shapes and sizes of the objects.These robots have computer brains linked to their eyes and fingers, which control their actions.The most intelligent robots--cave robots are used in scientific research.They do such job as handling radioactive materials.
In this passage the author tells us that _________.
robots are very popular
there are various kinds of robots
we see robots only at certain times
robots can be easily controlled
What does the author seem to inform you about robots?
They should be greatly improved.
They will probably take over in the future.
They are very helpful and useful to humans.
They are machines that break down a lot.
The author says that in industry _________.
robots break down a lot
robots can do many jobs
robots only get in the way
robots sometimes cause troubles
The fact that a robot never gets bored doing the same job means that _________.
it is very much like human beings
it can do boring jobs for people
it will never bore people
it will work much better than human beings
阅读理解训练
  As far back as 700 B.C., man had talked about children being cared for by wolves. Romulus and Remus, the old story twin founders of Rome, were said to have been cared for by wolves. It is believed that when a she-wolf loses her baby, she tries to get a human child to take its place. This idea did not become believable until the late nineteenth century when a French doctor actually found a ten-year-old boy having nothing on walking around in the woods. He didn't walk upright, could not speak, nor could he relate to people. He only growled(嗥叫)and stared at them. Finally the doctor won the boy's confidence (信任) and began to work with him. After many long years of devoted and patient teaching, the doctor was able to get the boy to dress, feed himself, recognize and say a number of words, as well as write letters to form words.
1. The French doctor found the boy __________.
A. walking in a strange way
B. writing letters to form words
C. dressed in human clothes
D. speaking in an unknown language
2. According to the text we can infer that ___________.
A.the boy was actually a baby-wolf
B.the boy was brought up by a she-wolf
C.the she-wolf had changed the boy into a wolf
D.having been brought up by a wolf, the boy could never live a human life
3.People before the late nineteen century didn't believe ___________.
A.wolves were man-eating animals
B.a she-wolf would care for a human child
C.a she-wolf would lose her baby
D.she-wolves were kind-hearted
4.The doctor was able to work with the boy because ___________.
A. the boy had never lost his mind
B. the boy trusted him
C. the boy liked to dress up
D. the boy worked very hard
5. What do the underlined words relate to mean?
A.knowB.recognize
C.understand D. touch
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号

我要回帖

更多关于 tookhimaround 的文章

随机推荐