阅读已结束,下载本文需要
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,同时保存到云知识,更方便管理
加入VIP
还剩2页未读,
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢Sina Visitor System当前位置: >>
高中英语重点词汇精讲
高中英语重点词汇精讲abandon: vt.放弃,遗弃 abandon medicine for literature 弃医从文; desert:遗弃,抛弃 on a deserted island. ability: n 能力,才能:have the ability to do…=be capable of doing…有能力做…… able: adj.有能力的: be able to 与 can 的区别:can 只有现在 (can)和过去 (could) 两种形式,而 be able to 可有各种时态。 (详见情态动词) 。 The fire spread through the hotel very quickly, but everyone ______get out. A . could B. was able to C. can D. must (B) aboard: adv./prep 在船(飞机,车)上 . Aboard= All aboard! 请上船;开船啦。 Welcome aboard!请上船(飞机,车) about: prê t./adv.在周围,在身边;关于(on 更严肃,正式);大约:be about to do... (=be at/on the point of doing...)即将做。 。 。 。 。 。后不能接 soon, at once 等时间状语; How about +doing/名词/代词/句子等 ...=What about..做 ......好吗? ① I have no money about me. ② Have you heard of the story about Shakespeare? about two yeas=two years pr so =some two years All the mariners ____died except the one who shot the bird left to tell his story to others, which was described in the poem called DThe Rime of the Ancient Mariner.‖ A. on a board B. on aboard C. on boards D. aboard abroad: adv. be (go/live/travel) come (return ) both at home and abroad 在国内 外;be all abroad 离题,不中肯 absence: n. absent: adj. 不在,缺席;不在意的: He will be absent at the meeting from Beijing.(不在北京) He will be absent at the meeting in Beijing.(外出在北京)Absence of mind 心不在焉; 反义词:present 出席的,在场的,用法和 absent 一样,但作定语要后置 (n.礼物,at present 目前) _______got a present at the party. (A) A. All present B. Present all C. All presenting absorb: vt.吸收 (声音, 光线, 液体等) , 吸收, 理解 (知识等) ; Be absorbed in 全神贯注于。 I was absorbed in a book and didn‘t hear you call. academic:学院的,学校的,学业的。academic levels/challenges:学业水平/学习中的挑战。 accident: 意外;incident:小事件,政治事变或事件 by accident=by chance 偶然 accept:承认,接受(主观) ,receive: 收到(表客观) ,accept A as B 承认 A 是 B, He was accepted as an excellent teacher at last. Yesterday he did _______an invitation, but he refused to _____it . (B 、A) A. accept B. receive access: 进入, 接近(to), have access to: 有权进入….,能够使用到…. accessible adj. 可以使用 (或 得到)的。能进入的。Sth .be accessable to sb. 某人容易使用到… account: account for…解释,描述。On account of…因为… take account of…考虑到…。指控,指责。Accuse sb. Of sth…指控某人犯…;be accused of…被指控犯…。 achieve: ①完成,取得,达到 achieve one‘s work/success/one‘ achieve the goal of doing…达 2 achievements:成就, 到….. 目标。 ○ 成绩 He achieved/gained great/brilliant achievements in writing novels. acquire:学习(一般指天生的习得) ; 而 learn 指课堂学习。English acquired ability. across: ① 横穿而过(从物体表面) ;through:穿过(从物件内部) ;over:跨过(从物体上方) ; past:经过(从物件旁边) ;along:经过(从物体边沿) He went ______the river and didn‘t find a boat to go _____ it. A. over, across B. along, across C. along, over D. past, through act: ①vi.行为,演出,Vt.担当,演……角色 (=play the part of) n.法令,条例 act as=work as=serve as 担当,充当 Who will _____Shakespeare in the film? A. act B. act as C. play a part pf (A) ① action. n.行为,行动,措施 take actions 采取行动, take measures 采取措施 active: adj.积极的,活跃的 take(an) active part in 积极参加……, be active in sth./doing sth.在…… 方面很积极。live/lead an active life 过着活跃的生活。 actual: ① 现实的,实际的(现实存在,不是想象中的) ;real:真实的(不是假的)rue:真实的 (不是 in actual life, a real gold ring, a true story ② actually: adv.实际上,确实 =in fact/in reality/ as a matter of fact =really adapt:(使适应。dapt (oneself) to…(使适应.. adapt A for B:把 A 改编/改写/改造成 adapt from… 根据……改编。 add: ①vt.加 add… to…把……加到……上 Two _____to three makes five. A. added B. adding C. is added D. being added (A) ②add to 增加, (=increase) The bad weather added to our difficulties. ③ add up 把 加 Please add up all the figures. ④ add up to 合计为=come to =amount to addict: vt.使……沉溺, be/ get addicted to 对……上瘾 The young man gets addicted to drugs. address: ①n 地址 ② v 寄.=post he addressed a letter to me. adjust: adjust (oneself)to …使自己适宜于……; adapt to 适应于=agree with admire: admire sb. For (doing) sth. 因……而钦佩某人;envy: 妒忌,羡慕 envy sb. sth. admit: ① vi/vt. admit(to) sth. 承认…… admission n. ②让??进入,接纳 admit ab. to/into… 允许某人进入……be admitted to school/ hospital,允许进入……, ③admit doing sth.允许 做 …… 承认做 …… ④ admit+ 从 句 ⑤admtt of…=allow of… 容许有 ……The matter admits of no delay. 容纳=hold=seat The room can admit 200 persons. adopt: 采纳,接受(=accept), 收养。 adopt one‘s suggestion. advance: advance towards a place:向……前进 advance in sth.在……方面有增长; advance to a place: 到达……;advance on/upon…逼近,进攻; in advance:提前 = in advance of…在……之前,比……前进。 Advancing=developing: 发展中的, advanced: 发达的,高级的,进步的。 advantage: 优点,好处 take advantage of…利用……= have/ take an advantage over others 对……有优势 。disadvantage: 不足,可数名词。 advice: ①忠告,劝告(不可数) , tip:劝告,可数,a piece of advice 一条劝告,give sb. some advice on( how to do) sth 就……给某人提建议, take/follow one‘s advice 采纳某人的 建议, ask (sb.) for advice 征询某人的建议, do sth. on one‘s advice 按某人的建议 做…… ② advise: v.(BE)=advice v.(AE) advise sb. to do sth. 劝某人做……, advise sb. not to do sth=advise sb. against doing sth. 劝 /建议某人不要做 ……, advise doing sth. 建议 做……;但 suggest 可用 suggest: (one‘s/sb.) doing sth,不用 suggest sb. to do sth. I ____the lady go there at once. A. suggested B. advised C. hoped D. wished (A) affair:泛指 D 事务 ,事情 ,事件 ‖, affairs:表重大 D事务或事态 ‖;event:指有重大意义的历史事件 ; business:生意,公事 on/in business, matter 问题 Business before pleasure. There are several matters to be dealt with at the meeting. affect :vt. 影响 effevt n. have an effect on…=affect…对…有影响.have no/much/great/little…effect on/upon 对什么没有/有很大/重大/很小,几乎没有影响. effective adj.有效的 afford: ①负担起(??的费用)可接名词,代词或 to do……,常与 can. could, be able to 连用于否 定句或问句中. his poor family can‘t afford his education. I can‘t afford to buy a car at present. ② 抽得出时间=spare 但 spare 可 spare sb. +时间 He can‘t afford time for the cinema. I can spare you two hours.我能为你抽出两个小时. ③提供 afford sb. sth. = offer sb. sth. /offer sth. to sb. =supply sth to/for sb./supply sb. With sth.=provide sb. With sth./provide sth for/to sb. Failure afford us experience. afraid: be afraid to do…害怕做……,be afraid of (doing) sth.担心做……be afraid+ 句子,be afraid not/so 恐怕不行/恐怕如此(对句子的省略回答). I don‘t want to be a waitress because I‘m afraid ____ dishes frequently. A. on breaking B. to break (A) after: ① 表过去一段时间以后或将来某个时刻以后,反义词是 before 指从过去算起时间以前 或将来某个时刻以前;而 指将来一段时间以后,反义词是 ago 指从现在算起一段 里头以前. ② after all 毕竟,终究, above all 首先,最重要的是(作 入语),指重要性; first of all 首先,最重要的是, 指顺序或重要性, in all = in total= altogether 总共, at all 根本. we can‘t blame ____ he is a child. A. at all B. in all C. after all D. above all (C) agree: ①agree to sth. 同意, 成(plan/arrangement/suggestion/… ②agree woth sb.(或 decision, view, opinion,或某人的话)同意, 成; 与……一致,适合(天气,食物等)he moved to biijing because he ____ the weather here. (A) A. didn‘t agree with B. wasn‘t suitable for C. wasn‘t fit for D. didn‘t agree to ③ agree to do sth.同意, 成 做 ……④ agree on sth. 在 ……. 取 得 一致 ⑤ agree+ 句 子 , 同 意 ……⑥反 义词 : disagree, 名词 :agreement:契约 , 协议 reach/come to/ arrive at/make an agreement with…on sth. 与……就…….达成协议. aid: do/ give/ offer first aid to sb =do/give/ offer sb. first aid 对某人进行急救; go 援救某人 aim: n./v.目标,目的,瞄准 take aim at…=aim at…瞄准……目的在于…… aim sth at sth 用什么瞄 准什么东西, aim your gun at…., 用枪瞄准……aim…at…旨在…; aim to do sth 目的 在于做… china has long been a leader in the field of genetic research ____ at imporoving agriculture. A. aimed B. aiming C. to aim (A) he has aimed at entering a key university. air : ①in the air 在空中,在流传, 悬而未决 ; on the air 在广播中; by air 乘飞机等 (=by plane)l in the open air 在野外 ② vt.使通风,晾干 air your clothes all: all, both, each, every, everybody, everything, complete, completely, always, whole, wholly, entirely, altogether 等是总括含义代词形容词和副词等,与否定词 not 连用,构成部分 否定,表示 D不都,并非都‖.而全否定要用 no, none, never, nobody, nothing, neither, no one, nowhere, no more, no long, no way 等,表示否定意义的词与肯定式谓语一起使 用构成 D全部否定‖. allow : ① allow doing…允许做….. ② allow sb. to do….允许某人做 Students aren‘t allowed ____in school. A. to smoke B. smoking (A) ③ allow for? 考虑到,体谅,顾及。 It takes about an hour to get there, allowing for possible traffic delays. ④ allow of? 容许,容得 the meeting allows of no delay. ⑤allow sb. sth. 同意给某人??. alive: loving, lovely ,lovely, alive, live 的区别: alive adj. “ 活着的”,作后置定语,表语,补足语等,不作前置定语; kept sth olive live:作定语, “活的,有生命的,活生生的,生机勃勃的,燃着的,实况转播的”,还可作动词, a live fish, live coal 燃着的煤, a live football match 一场直播的足球; a live young man 一个生机勃勃的年轻人; living adj. “有生命的,活着的”,作前置定语或表语(还可作名词 make a living),修饰人或 物, living beings/things 生物; lively: “生动的,活跃的,充满生气的” a lively a lovely adj.可爱的 a lovely girl. While a person is asleep, a part of his brain is still ____. A. active B. alive C. awake D. aware (A) Language is a ____ and continually changing thing. A. live B. alive C. lively D. living (D) almost:“几乎”=nearly,但 almost 不能位于 very 后;nearly 不能和 any, no, none, never, nothing 等连用,not nearly “决不,远非”= almost not “几乎不” I am far from _____ with what he said. (A) A. satisfied B. satisfying C. being satisfied alone: ① adj. “单独的”,作表语或补足语,表客观事实; lonely: “孤独的,荒凉的,偏僻的”, 可带感情色彩. ②adv.单独地,独自 alone=on one’s own= by oneself 单独地, leave sb. alone 别打扰某人, 把某人单独下 The old man lives alone in a lonely house, but he doesn’t feel lonely because he can make a living alone. aloud: 出声(侧重,由无声到有声) loud 大声地(侧重声音由低到高). Please speak loud. I can’t hear you clearly. although: ① conj. 虽然 =though,不与 but, so, and 连用,可与 yet, still 连用. ② Although:常位于句首,不用倒装; though:位于句中或句首,可倒可不倒装; as 常位于句 首 , 要倒装 ( 即副词 , 形容词 , 省冠词的名词 , 动词原形提前 ), 它们都接句子 ; in spite of=despite 是介词短语,接名词或动名词. _____ getting high marks in the examinations, he is still working hard. A. In spite of B. Although C. Though D. In case of amaze: vt. 使??感到非常吃惊 . ① amaze sb. ② be amazed at sth 对??感到吃惊 . ③be amazed to do sth ④ I was amazed+句子. amazing 表示令人惊奇的事物; amazed 表示人感到惊奇. among:在??之间(多者); between: 在??之间(两者); between A and B another: 泛指多者中另外 “一个或几个” three more boys= the other 两者中 另外 “一个” one?the other?一个??另一个;the others=the other+可复: “另外 一些”,指全部; others=other+可复: “另外一些”,指部分 I need ____students to help me carry the books besides Tom and Peter. A. three other B. three another C. another three D. other three (C) answer: 答 复 , 回 答 answer the letter/door/phone/question, answer for 对 ?? 负 责 , 受 到 报 应,answer a question= an answer/ a key to ? ??的答案 anxious: adj.渴望的,忧虑的(anxiety n.) be anxious to do sth. 急切做??,be anxious for/ about. ?. 为 ??担心 ,be anxious+ 句子 ( 虚拟 语气 );be eager to do sth.. 渴望做 ??;look forward to doing sth..盼望做??. apologize: apologize (to sb.) for doing sth./ sth.=make an apology (to sb.) for doing sth./ sth.为?? 向某人道歉. appear: ① 出现,显露, the sun appeared out of the black cloud. ② 来到,露面( He didn’t appear until the meeting almost ended. ③看来(好像) It appears/seems to sb. that+句子= sb. appears/seems to do sth.(此结构一般 不用 look) appear 指从外表上看好象(=look)??; 而 seem 指实质上看好象?? He appears to have known the news =it appears that he has known the news. The plane appears stronger inside than outside. (不用 seem) ④ appearance: n.出现,来到,外貌,面貌 The old building affects the appearance of the city. apply: ① apply?to?把??应用于 We should apply the theory to practice. ② apply to 适用于 This kind of books doesn’t apply to children. ③ apply (to sb.) for? 向某从请求/申请?? When you have any question, please apply to me for help. ④ appilication n. approach: v.靠近,接近.与?.打交道(about);着手处理 n.靠近,接近(of);通道,入口(to);方法(to) argue:争吵,争辩.着重就自己的看法或立场提出论证和别从辩论;而 quarrel:争吵,吵架.表示因不 同意或不喜欢而产生的强烈的争论或争吵; debate: 辩论,争论. argument: n. ① argue about sth. 争吵 ( 关于??) ② argue with sb. 同??争吵 ③ argue for/against?赞成/反对??④argue with ab. about/over sth.与某从争论某事,为?? 与某人争吵 ⑤ argue ab. Into doing sth. ~ persuade sb. into doing?. 说服某人 做?.= persuade sb. to do sth. ⑥ argue sth. 对某事争论 ⑦ argue that-clause: 主张,认为?? arrange: vt/vi.安排,筹划.arrange sth. For sb. 为?安排?.; arrange with sb. about/ for?与?商定 某事.arrange to do sth 安排做?.;arrange that+句子. arrive: ① vi. 到达 arrive at/ in(大地方用 in,小地方用 at)?=get to(接 home, here, there,省 to)=reac(常指努力到达) ② 得出 arrive at/ come to a conclusion/decision 得出 结论,做出决定. ③ arrival n. 到达,来到. as: ① conj.像??一样,表比较 as?as?, not so ?as?修饰形容词可单时,形容词提到冠词前, 这点和 that, how, too 等一样;但 like 是介词. He does his work as his father does (like his father). He is ____as Mary. A. as good a student B. so good a student C. too good a student D. as a good student (A) ②表方式, “按照,如同”You must to everything as I tell you. ③表时间, “当??时”, “随着”,和 When, while 的区别:while:当??时,和??同 时(谓语噗延续性动词),而(并列连词),虽然(从属连词=although); when:当??时表 “突然”. as(he was) a young man, he joined the army. As time goes on, I love her more and more. ④表原因,与 because, since, now that, for, 的区别:as 表直接原因, because 表真正原因,since 和 now that 表明显的已成事实的原因, for 表推断, ⑤表让步, “虽然,尽管”和 though, although 的区别(略) ⑥ 关系代词,the same(…)as…, such(…)as…, as…as…, as is well known to us all, as we expect. My home town is no longer the same as it was. As is known to us allm china is a large country with a long history. ⑦ so as to …/so…as to …以至于 He raised his voice so as to be heard. so/ as far as 远到……,就……而论,据…..所知,as for 至于 (=as to), 就……方面说; as usual 像平常一样; as it is/ was 事实上,既然如此; as it were 乎可以说是. As it is, we can hardly get to the station by 6 o‘clock. The book gives, as it were, a pocture of the evil old society. ⑧.as soon as= immediately/ the miment/the minute/directly/instantly+句子…..就…..,当……时 ⑨.as/so long as =on condition that 只要, as though=as if 好像; as many as+(句子或可复或和… 一 样多,多达; as much as+(句子,不可数,重量,价格,数量等); as long as 长达; as far as 远到, 就……而论. He has stayed here as many as ten years and earned as much as ten thousand pounds. ⑩as well as 也,又,还有 He knows English as well. He as well as I is going to Beijing next month. ⑾…is + 倍数/分数 +as + adj./adv.+ as…=…is +倍数/分数+比较级+ than…=…is +倍数/分数 (double./twice 两倍 ) +the size/length/depth/width of… This railway is double the length of that one=…os two times as long as…=is once longer than… ashamed: adj.惭愧,害臊 be/feel ashamed to do sth.= be/feel ashamed of doing sth.对做某事感到惭 愧,be/feel ashamed for sb. 替某人感到惭愧, be/ feel ashamed that+ 句子,be ashamed of oneself 为自己感到害臊 I feel ashamed of not having done much for the people like Lei Feng. ask: ① ask sb. a question 问某人问题 ask sb. (not) to do…叫某人不做……, ask/ inrite sb. to a meeting 请某人到会. ② ask sb. for sth.向某人要某物(求某事) =ask s You should ask your parents for permission at first. ③ ask a favor of sb.要求某人帮忙 ④ ask after…问候,探问 We should often ask after our parents‘ health. ⑤ ask for…要求,求同 The boy‘s mother asked for his head teacher about his studies astonish: vt. 使惊讶(surprise<amaze<astonish<shock)它们的用法结构一样,be surprised at sth, 对….感到吃惊,be surprised to do sth. 因做…感到吃惊.(surprising, surprised 区别) attempt: attend: ① 出席,参加 (=be present at) ,照料 (care for=look after=take care of), 上(学) =go to The nurse attended the patient patiently. ② attend to 专心于,致力于 The student attends to hos studies every day. ③ attention n. pay attention to (doing) sth.注意….., draw/ attract one‘s attention 引起某人 的注意. hold one‘s attention on 将注意力集中于…… attract: v. 吸引,attract/draw one‘s attention. 吸引某人的注意.attractive adj.=striking. 吸引人的 average: adj. /n. 平均(的) on (the/ an) average 平均来说; above/ below (the ) average 平均水 平以上/以下.Their average age is 20 avoid: v.避免,躲开,逃避. avoid sth/ doing sth.避免(做)… awake: awoke Cawoke/awaked: ① 醒的,清醒的,警觉的,意识到的作后置定语或表语, be aeake 醒着的 is he asleep or awake? Be awake to…意识到… =awake to= realize=be aware of… ② vi./ vt 唤醒,醒来=wake up, 但 awake 可指 D使觉醒,觉醒,意识到‖=awaken 表抽象意 义. The national spirit is awaken. He didn‘t awake to the danger. aware: adj.意识到的 be aware of 知道,意识到= be aware that/wh. away: go away 走开; run away 跑开; break away from 脱离…..破除……; throw away 扔掉; blow away 刮走; clear away 把……清除掉; drive away 开走; get away from 离开 某地,逃离; wash away 冲走; send away 赶走,开除; take away 带走; put away 收好, 储存; turn away 离开,把……打发走; keep away from 远离; give away 捐赠. His mother had thought it would be good for his character to ____from home and earn some money on his own. A. run away B. take away C. keep away D. get away (D) B back: ① adj.后面的; n . 背部,背后; adv. 回原处,向后; v. (使)倒退 The driver backed his car a little. back and forth =to and from 来来往往,前后 In spring we can see birds flying back and forth. ② at the back of…在……的后面(范围内外都可),而 in front of…在……前面(范围外), in the front of …(范围内); at the head of 在……的前头; ③ back 不能与 return, repay 等连用. return=come back, bad: ① 坏的,腐烂的,不正确的,严重的 go from bad to worse 愈来愈糟, have a bad/hard time 日 子艰难,be bad/poor at……成绩不好, be bad for…=be harmful for 对……有害,catch a bad cold 重感冒,feel bad 感到不舒服,go bad 开始变坏 ② badly: adv. 坏地,恶劣地,严重地,(=seriously),非常(=very/extremely/highly) I want the new pen badly. bargain: ①bargain with sb. about /over/ for sth.与某人讨价还价买…… =make a bargain with sb. over sth. ② (经过讨价还价以后)成交的商品,便宜货 It‘s a bargain. base: ① n.基础,基地,根据地 an air base 空军基地, make London the base for his work. ② vt. 基于,以……为根据(base…on/upon…; be based on…),但 based on…以…为基础,根 据…=according to =depending on=relying on,常用来作状语或定语. On the base of…以…为 基础. Scientific theories must be based on facts. The film was made ____on a true love story. (B) A. to be based B. based C. basing D. base ③ basic:基本的,基础的; formed the basis for…形成了……的基础. basis: n.基础,通常表比 喻用法. beat: (心脏)跳动,打败(=defeat)人或队伍,敲打(连续击打);hie:重击(一次性),袭击(=strike); 获胜 (比赛,辩论,战斗,奖牌等);attack 进攻 vt/n. Our team beat theirs and won the match.. A storm ____the city amd caused many deaths. A. hit B. strike C. beat D. attacked (A) because: ① 连词,接句子 Our teacher got angry because ____. A. what I did B. that I was late C. of what I said (C) ② because of:=as a result of…=on account of…=as a consequence of…复合介词,接名词,代 词`动名词\ what 从句等构成介词短语,作状语.但一般不能作表语 The accident was because of his carelessness (×). thanks to 一般可和 because of 换,但表 D幸亏,多亏:等感激时不能用 because of, 不好的事 不用 thanks to. Because of the accident, he lost his two legs. (√) Owing to 中 owing 是形容词,因此可作表语.意思是 D由于,应归功于…‖ Mary‘s breaking away from her family was owing to her father ‘s cruelty. due to 中的 due 是形容词,可作表语\定语和状语.另外, be due to 还有 D应归于……,应付 给……按计划做…‖, due to:由…引起,由于≈because of I‘m due to graduate in the next half of the year. A. am about to B. am due to C. am owing to The wages due to him will be paid tomorrow. A. be cowe of B. due to C. belougs to D. on allount of before ①: prep./adv./conj.以前,在……以前,与 ago 不同;在……前面表时间,地点(=in front of)只 表地点 long before 很久以前, before lone=very soon 不久以后。 ② It will be +一段时间+before+ 一般现在时/ it was +一段时间+before+一般过去时 D多久 以后就……‖ It will be two moths before we meet again.两周后人们才会再见面。 It was not long before I saw her again.不久以后我又见到了她。 He will be back before 7:00 this evening. _____ she will be back home for her glasses. A. it is long before that B. it will be long before C. it won‘t be long before D. it is before long that (D) begin: 开始, begin with…以后… 开始。 in the beginning 起初, 当初; At the beginning of… 在……之初。 believe: 相信,认为(指相信某人的话=have faith in…但 have faith in 还有 D信仰‖之意.);believe in=trust in 相信某人(人格,能力等),信奉; trust sb. 相信(某人的能力),believe+句子 belong: vi.属于(无进行时和被动), belong to sb. The pen doesn‘t belong to ___. A. me B. mine (A) China is a country belonging to the third world. benefit: ① vt. benefit sb. 对 …… 有 益 , 有 益 于 ② benefit from… 从 中 得 益 ③n. 利 益 =goods=interests The people in Jin Tang have benefited from Chengdu Wildlife World.= Chengdu Wildlife World has benefited the people in Jin Tang. besides: ① D除……之外(还有……)‖ =as well as =in addition to,除去的内容包括在整体之内; except: D除……之外(不再有)‖,除去的内容不包含在整体之内,不位于句首; except for:除 去的内容与整体不同类; except + that/what 等引导的句子; apart from:相当于 but, except 和 except for,但 apart from 不接句子和不定式; but=except, 但 but 后可接不定式(but 前有 do 或 choose 的形式省 to,有 help 可省可不省 to,否则不省 to), except 后可接句子,这时不 能和其它几个转换, but for D要不是……‖,用于虚拟语气中. do you know any other foreign language besides English? This is a good composition except for some mistakes. He is a good student except that sometimes he comes late to school. But for your help, I couldn‘t have passed the exam. We had no choice but to wait for her. He could do nothing for me but give me a little money. He could not choose anything but ____. A. wait B. to wait C. waiting (A) ② adv.而且,另外=and another thing=in addition=moreover 作插入语,常用 D,‖分开. Besides, we should practice English every day. beyond: prep. 在 … 的 那 一 边 , 超 过 ( 时 间 , 地 点 , 程 度 )beyond one‘s understanding/power/dream/imagination/reach/hope The question is beyond my understanding. bit: ① a bit= a little+ adj./adv.一点, 一些 I feel a little tired now. 但 a bit of= a little+不可数名词, not a bit=not at all 毫不; not a little =very much 非常 Aren‘t you tired now? --- ___.Not a little . A. Yes B. No (A) 注意像这种否定疑 问句,还有否定转移句和前否后肯的反意句均要根据实际情况选择 yes/no. blame: vt./n.责备,责怪 blame sth. on/upon sb.= blame sb. for sth.=lay/ put the blame 0n /upon sb. for sth. 把……归咎于其人,因……而责备某人。be blamed for (doing) sth.= be to blame for… Who is to blame for breaking the window. (=Who will be blamed…) 区别: scold v./n 责骂,怒骂,训斥 scold sb. punish v. 惩罚,痛击 punish sb. for sth. criticize: v.批评,批判,评论,criticize sb. for sth,; remark: 评论,谈论,remark on sth., remark about/at sb,; book: book a ticket(room, hotel, seat), book sb. on sth.为某人订……; order:订购,定做……,点(菜, 饭,饮料,票);reserve 预定(座位,房间等) bore: 使某人厌烦。 bore sb. be bored with=be tired of= be fed up with…厌 倦……;bored:厌烦的;boring:令人厌烦的。 borrow: 借进, borrow sth from…; lend:借出 lend sth. to sb.=lend sb. borrow 和 lend 都是终止 性动词,延续性用 keep. How long can I ____your book? A. keep B. borrow C. lend (A) both: adj./ pron.两者都,用在否定句中和 all, everyon 等表部分否定。both…and…, 反义用 neither…nor…; all:多者都,all of the students= all the students ≠ all students,反义用 none of…; every akj.每个,多者中的每个;each: akj./ pron.每个,两个或多个中的每个; either: adj./ pron.两个中的任何一个;any: adj./ pron.多个中的任何一个。 ____ a pair of new shoes. A. We each has B. Each of us have C. We each have (C break: ①vt.打破,打碎,打断,违反,break an agreement/ appointment, break the law/glass ② vi./n.(天)破晓,破产(工作,课间)休息。have a break ③ break away from…脱身,摆脱,脱离,放弃; break down: vt./vi 打破,破除,坍塌, 抛锚, (计划) 不成功, (身体) 垮, 分解, 拆散 (机器) ; break in 闯入, 打断 (on/upon…), don‘t break in on their conversation. Break into…闯入,突然……起来, break/ burst into tears/ laughter= burst out crying/ break into piece(使)成碎片; break off:突然停止, 解除; break out vi. 爆发; break through:突围,冲破; break up:瓦解,驱散,分散,(学校)放假; break (up)with 与……断交,戒掉。 If he continues to work like this, sooner or later he will ____. A. break off B. break down C. break out D. break up (B) breakthrough n.突破,冲破防线;突破性的发现,成就 made a great breakthrough in…在… 取得突破。 bring: ① 带来,对说话者而言;take 带走;get =fetch 去拿来,carry 远走(指教重的东西,无 方向)dcarry on (with)= go on with= continue (with)…继续…… 。 ② bring in 引进,吸收;bring about=cause/lead to/result in 带来,导致;bring up 培养, 呕吐,提高;bring down vt.击落,降低(温度,物价)=cut (down)=reduce=lower, 反义 bring up=raise=increase,而 go up= rise=grow=increase vi.; bring on 使发展, 使前进; bring out 拿出(=take/get out);使显出,出版(=put out/publish vt. come out vi.); bring forward=come up with=put forward=raise 提出 we should bring in high-tech from developed countries. broad: adj. Broaden: vt. Broaden one‘s horizons/sight: enlarge one‘s knowledge. build: ① 建造,建立,建设,修建,build one‘s body, build socialism, build a state/ a party, build 用修建较大的工程; make:造较小的东西; put up:建造竖立的东西。不能说 put up a reservoir/ a road/ a railway 等; set up: 建立,含机构的组建,set up a school/ a hospital/ a country. ② build on/ upon:依靠,指望 don‘t build on his promise. build …on?≈base…on… 把……建立于……He often builds his hopes on others‘ promises.他常把希望寄托在别人的 诺言上。 Build up:逐步建立起来,He built up one‘s business /reputation.逐渐做大生意/逐 渐出名。 burn: 燃烧, 烧伤, 炼制, 晒, 辣 burn gas,烧煤气 ,get burnt/prepared/hort 烧伤, 晒伤, burnbricks 烧砖,I burned my tongue with peppers. burn down=burn sth. to the ground 把……烧成平地。burn up: 烧起来,烧掉,消耗掉; burnout: vi/ vt.熄灭,燃料用完。 burst: 破裂,爆炸,宛然发生,the hall burst into thunderous cheers. 大厅里爆发出 的欢呼声。 burst into tears/ laughter= burst lout crying /laughing 突然大哭起来, burst with anger 勃然大 怒,burst into the room= break into the room,闯入房间。 busy: a.忙(碌)的。be busy with sth.= be occupied with…忙于……; be busy doing…=be occupied in doing…忙于做……。 but : ① 若不,除非 but for+名词=but +that +句子: D要不是‖,主名用虚拟语气,用过去完成时表 过去;一般过去了是表现在。 But for your help, I wouldn‘t have finished the work. =I wouldn‘t have finished the work but that you helped me.= if you had‘t helped me, I would‘t… ② but:并列连词,指前后两者相反,位于句首;however: 副词,位于句中或句末,用逗号 分开,但作连词时等于 no matter how,引导让步状语从句;while:然而,仅次于句首, 但表并列关系;though: adjv.仅次于句末,用逗号分开。I like English, but my brother likes maths.=I like English. However, my brother likes maths.=I like English. My brother likes maths, though.≈I like English, while my brother likes maths. He is a good student, ____he is working hard. (B) He is a good student,____ he isn‘t working hard.(A) He is a good student. He is working hard, ____ (D) A. but B. while C. however D. though ③ 除之外 but≈ except(见 besides) ④ 仅仅=only ⑤but 后可接不定式(but 前有 do, choose 的动词形式省 to,有 help 可省可不省 to,否则不 省 to),except 后可接句子,这时不能转换 cannot but do sth.= can‘t choose but do sth.不得 不做…… he has no choice but to give in. by: ① 在……旁,(远近关系: beside<by<near) ② 经,由,经过……的旁边,用,通过(方式,手段等,不用冠词,不用复数) come by water/ car/ train ③ 不迟于,到…为止,注意时态:到过去某一时间为止,用过去完成时或一般过去时;到将来某 个时间为止用一般将来时或将来完成时。 We will have finished the work by the end of next month. They had finished the work by the end of last month. By the time he was ten, he had learned three foreign languages. ④按,根据,以……计 What‘s the time by your watch? They‘ll be p[aid by the hour. (by the ton, by the month, by time, by weight) ⑤ 相差 He missed the train by ten minutes. The number of the students in our school increased by 30%. ⑥ one by one.一个一个地, two by two 两个两个地; by and by 不久以后; by far(修饰比 较级‘最高级,强调数量‘程度)……得多,最……He is more careful by far than the others in his class and he is also by far the tallest student among them. by the way 顺便说一下; by oneself=alone=on one‘s own 单独地 C call: ① 叫唤,叫,称呼,召集,打电话,拜访 call sb sth. call a spade a spade.说啥是啥,直言不讳; We call the fat boy Dmeatball‖ call sb. (up)=ring sb. (up)=telephone sb.=give sb. a call/ring=make a phone/call to sb.给某人打电话。 receive/get a long-distance phone from sb.接到某人的长途电话。 ② call on sb./at sw.拜访……drop in on sb./at sw.顺便拜访, visit sb./ sw.=pay a visit to sb./sw.拜访(较正式), see sb.看望某人; call back 收回,回电话; call for: 需要 (=need), 提倡,邀约, call for sb. to go to the cinema 约某人去看电影, call for help 呼救; call in: 请(=send for) call in a doctor 请医生; call off:把……叫走,取消。The football match was called off on account of the weather. Call on:号召,拜访 call on sb.号召某人 做; on call:随叫随到的,待命的,随时可支取的。 He has a lot of money on call at any time. care: ① n.小心,谨慎,关怀,take care (of)=be careful (of) =look out (for) =watch out (for). ②管理 under the care of sb.由某人负责/管理。 n ③. care for:担心,关怀,照顾,喜欢,愿意, care for one‘s safety, care for the younger generation, care f care about:讲究, 关心 (=be concerned about= care for). care about one‘ take care of:照顾, 照料 (=care for=look after).保管; leave…in one‘s care:把……交由某人照管。 ④ care: v. care+句子。 I don‘t care who will get the prize. ⑤ careful adj. carefully adv. be careful with your work.对工作仔细, Be careful of your ⑥health.当心你的身体。 careless adj. 粗心的 carelessly adv. carelessness n.粗心 career:职业,专业,生涯, (个人承包的)事业,经历; profession:工作, (受过专门训练的) 职业; occupation:工作,职业培训,使从消遣的事情;Job:工作(可数) ;work:正式的 工作(不可数) 。 carry: ①运,挑,携带,传送,无方向,常接较重的东西(与 get=fetch 不同 ) ② carry away 运走,拿走; carry off 夺去 …… 的生命 ; carry on 继续 , 但 go on with=continue (with)=carry on (with); carry out 进行,开展,实现,彻,执行(可接 experiment /that /promise/plan/order/instruction/suggestion/policy 等) case: ①in case+句子, D万一,以防‖,引导条件状语从句;in case of+ 名词 D万一发生……‖;in this /that case 若是这样/那样的话; in no case 决不,位于句首,用部分倒装; in any case: 无论如 何 In case of fire, please sound the fire alarm. In on case can we be careless while driving. ②箱子,盒子,情况,案例 catch: ① 捉,抓住,接住,赶上(反义词是 miss),患,理解(=understand=catch).catch:指从空中抓住某 物,又指捕捉等;seize:突然用力抓住;hold:握住,手持;catch/ get/ take hold of 抓住某物不放 手。 I threw a ball to him, but he didn‘t ____ it. (A) I went over to ____ him by hand and said D Thank you Dto hom. (C) A. catch B. catch hold of C. hold D. seize ② catch up with 赶上,超过,keep up with 跟上 ③catch sb doing sth.突然撞见某人做……。 When I went home last night, I caught a thief ____ into my neighbor ‘s house. (C) A. break B. to break C. breaking D. were breaking cause: ①原因;起因(而 reason 指原因) ;理由;事业 ②vt.使发生,引起(=bring about= lead to =result in) What caused the fire? ③促使 cause sb to do……=make/ have sb do…… What caused her to do so? certain: ①某种(a certain=some 某一种, 某一个); 一定的; 肯定的; 无疑的 He is to come. 他 必然会来。 I am certain/ sure of his success. 我确信他会成功。 Certain 和 sure:都有 “确 定无疑”之意。对于本人所信赖的事实用 sure,对于已确认的事实用 certain, 前者强调 主观,后者侧重客观。在这类句型中的两面者不能替换。如: I felt for a time sure of hisdishonesty, but this letter makes me certain of his honesty. 我一度认为他不老实,但这 封信使我确信他是诚实的, (反义词) uncertain 不确定的。 ②be sure 的主语是人; be certain 的主语是人或物。 It is ____that he will come here at once. = He is sure/ certain to come here. A. sure B. certain (B) make sure that/ make certain that 弄清楚,弄肯定,确保;一定/ 务必/ 保证做到。 Make sure that the doors are locked before you leave tomorrow.(宾语从食品厂用一般现在 时代替一般将来时) make sure of/ make certain of 弄清楚,查明 be sure that/ be certain that 确信…,对…,有把握 be sure of/ be certain of 确信…,对…有把握; be sure to do sth./ be certain to do sth.一定/ 肯定会做某事; It is certain that 一定/ 肯定会 (不可用 sure); He is sure/ certain that he will succeed. = He is sure/ certain of his success.他相信自己会成 功。 He is sure/ certain to succeed. = It is certain that he will succeed.他一定会成功。 (说话人而不 地他对此有信心)=I‘m sure/ certain that he will succeed.= I‘m sure/ certain of his success. chance: ①机会,多指偶然或或侥幸的机会;而 opportunity 一般指有利的机会。get the chance to do sth:获得做……的机会。 have the/ an/ little/ no opportunity to do (of doing…). Take a chance/ take chances: 冒险,投机; take one‘s chance:碰运气。take/ seize/ get the chance/ opportunity to do…/ of doing: 抓住机会做……。 It is a good chance for us to learn/ of learning English now. ②可能性(常用 数):by chance=by accident 偶然; have no chance of doing/ to do …没有 可能做……;There is a chance that…=( The ) chances are that…= There is a possibility that…= It‘s possible/ likely that…= sb. is likely to do…有可能……,但 likely 的主语可以 是人或物。 There is no possibility of his coming this week. I found the jewel by ~.可能性我偶然发现了那珠宝。 He is ____ to come here tomorrow. = it‘s possible/ likely that he will come here tomorrow. A. likely B. possible C. probable D. possibly (A) ---You‘ve booked on a four o‘clock flight? ---What chance ____ of taking an earlier plane? A. there is B. is it C. there it is D. is there (D) change: ①v.更换; 改变; 兑换; 变化; change…into…把……变成,change…for…把……换成……。 Heat changes water into steam. This pair of shoes doesn‘t fit me . could you change it for another pair. ②change 和 turn: 作为动词,都有 D变,变成‖的意思,在有介词短语时,两者可以通用。但 change 作不及物动词,后面不带词语,而 turn 作为系动词,后面一定要带表语这时不能 换。The color change.颜色变了。The color turned red 颜色变红了。 ③change n. D零钱,找头‖, 不可数,是集合名词,没有复数形式。 I have no small change on me. charge: ① 使充满,装满 charge a battery ②使承担…… charge oneself with task/ be charged with task 承担任务 ③ 指控,把……归咎为 charge sb. with murder ac. cuse sb of 控告某人杀人,charge sth. upon/ on sb.把……归咎于某人, charge sth. to sth.把……归咎于某事. ④要价,收费,要人支付 charge sb.+ money for sth./ for doing sth.因……向某人要价…… He charged me 20 Yuan for repairing my bike. charge money for sth…因……要价…… how much do they charge for the coat? charge sb. for sth.要求某人支付…… charge for sth .因……收费(vi) do you charge for the use of the telephone? ⑤ Charge 作名词讲 , 意为 D 费用 , 价钱 , 充电 , 主管 / 负责 ,have / take charge of … 主 管……,free of charge= for free= free adv. at one‘s own charge 自费; in charge of sth.主 管……,负责……, in/ under the charge of sb.= in one‘s charge 由某人主管/负责, take charge of…负责……,主管…… You can take as many as you like because they are free of ____. A. fee B. payment C. fare D. charge (D) cheat: ①cn.骗子;欺骗(指事例); ②un 欺骗(指行为) ③ vt. 骗,骗取 cheat sb. (out) of sth./ money 骗某人的钱/某物; rob sb of sth.抢某人东 西; steal sth from…偷某人东西; cheat fool: 都有 D欺骗‖的意思。 cheat 指用不 诚实的手段骗人的钱财; fool 指为了好玩而捉弄人,有时也有 cheat 的含义。 ④vi.欺诈,作弊 cheat in the examination 在考试中作弊。 check: n.检查;批改 vt. 校对,核对;检查;批改 check in 登记住宿,报到;check out:付帐后 离开,办完手续后离开。 choose: v.挑选;选举;选择;决定 Green was chosen(as) leader/ He chose to stay home. choose, select, elect 和 pick: 都有: “选择 ”之意。 choose 指一般性的“挑选,选 择 ” ; select 指“精选 ” ,标准比较严格;而 pick 指 “仔细挑选 ” ,也指“挑剔” ; 指投票选举;pick out 选出; sort out 分类出来。 You may choose a book from these.你可以从这些书里挑选一本。 The finest products were selected and sent to the exhibition.挑选最好的产品送往展览会。 I don‘t know which of the three caps to pick.这三顶帽子我不知挑哪顶好。 close: ①adj./adv.靠近的,亲近的;靠近地 be close to 离……很近, get close to…靠近……; a close friend 亲密朋友 , come close. 走近些。但 Closely=carefully 仔细地(类似有: deep---deeply, wide---widely, high---highly, hard---hardly)在表示时间、空间的接近是, close 需与介词或副词连用,而 near 不需要, close 在表示的空间上比 near 更近, near 一般不做定语。不能用 eg: in the near future. (×) He lives _____ to his father in order to look after him ____. A. close , closely B. closely, close C. closely, closely D. close, close (A) ②vt./ vi. 关,封闭,结束(=end) He closed his speech just now. ③ close 指关(门,窗,店,路,眼,书,银行等具体或抽象的东西) ; shut:指匆匆地 关(门,眼,耳,嘴,书等) ,还可指把某人革某物关起来。 shut off:关掉(煤气,水等) , 切 断, 脱离; shut down:关闭 (工厂, 学校, 机器等) ; shut out: 把……关在外面。 The factory was shut down. collect: vt. 收 集 , 搜 集 vi. 聚 集 (=gather), collect stamps 集 邮 ~ the papers 收 考 卷 ( 名 词 : collection: a collection of…一批…..收藏品) collect 和 gather: 都有 D收集‖之意。Gather 是一般用语,指把东西集中在一个地方;而 collect 则指有计划、有目的地收集。 The singers gave performances to ____ money for some country children. (A) A. collect B. gather come: ①来,来到,产生 come to sb/ one‘s mind(sight, notice) ②终于,开始 come to know/ realize…, come to stay(来定居) ③ link vt. come true=be realized 变成现实, c come alive 活跃起 来,显得像真的似的 I realized my dream= my dream came true. ④Come about 发生; come across 偶然遇见或发现=run across=meet…by chance=ha come at 袭击,得到。 A dog
come for sb./ sth 来接, 来取。 come forth 出来,涌现; come in 进来,进站; come into power=come into office: 当权; come on(表劝说,激励,不耐烦等)来!快! come out(of…) 出来, (花)开出, 出版,结果是(=turn out); come to 共计 (= add up to/ amount to); 达到……地步,达成 (come to a decision/ an understanding/ an comclusion / agreement),由……继承; come to oneself=come to one‘s senses= come back to life: 苏醒,复苏; come up(从地里)长出,发芽,被 提出(=be raised/ be put forward); come up to the stahdarg 符合,达到; come up with 赶上,提 出(=put forward= raise); come into effect/ force:生效; come into use:开始使用; come into being:形成,产生 We don‘t know when the univ How does ti come about that…..?是怎样发生的? It came about like this…事情是这样的……。 common: adj.普通的,一般的,平凡的;共同的 in common with 与 ….. 有共同之处, We have many things in common. 我们有许多共同之处,(副词:commonly) common, general, ordinary 和 usual: common 侧重 “普通、平凡” ,表示 “时时发生, 人所共人” , 并含有 “并不高贵, 地位低下” 之意味, 强调性, 其反义词为 rare,如:a common saying(俗语)a common wish(一个共同的愿望) ; general 侧重 “普通”之意,表示大 多数人或物中流行并受到关注,不含有 “地位低”之意其反义词为 specific/ particular: ordinary 与 common 基本同义,侧重 “平凡的、普通的” ,表示 “随便可以碰到,不值 得惊奇。 ”其反义词是如:an ordinary(or a common) event/ person(一件极平常的 事/ 一个普通人) ;usual 用来指事物,意为 “通常的,惯常的: ,含有 ”随风俗或习惯 而常常发生“之意,其反义词为 unusual 如: It‘s a usual thing with him.这对他来说是平 常事。 uncommon 不平凡的。 They held a meeting for the __B__ interests of the third world. A. ordinary B. common C. usual D. popular communicate:交流,交际,传播。 communicate with…交换……, 同……交流 communicate sth. to sb.把(消息,疾病等)传给某人。communicative: adj. communication: n. company: ① c. n. 公司;商号 ② n./ vi/ vt.交往;陪伴 in the company of sb =in comab comp ary 某人的陪同下;for company: 陪着 keep company with…与…..结交; keep sb company= accompany: 陪伴 某人,陪某人同走(无冠词) I‘ll keep you company as far as the station.我将陪你到车站。 I don‘t feel at home in her company.我和她在一起很拘谨。 He kept company with the girl for years.他和这姑娘交往多年了。 compare: ①compare A with/ to B 把 A 和 B 比较 ②compare…to…把…比作…/比喻成…Chairman Mao once compared the young to the sun of eight or nine in the morning. ③compared with/ to…同……相比, 作状语 Compared with the old days, our life is much better now. ④ compare notes on/ about sth.就……同某人交换意见 Our parents often by comparison ⑤ comparison.比较;对照;类似. by comparison “相比之下” concentrate: concentrate on…=be bent on…=be determined on…=focus one‘s attention on…专心致 志于……中。 concern: vt.关系到,使有关,使担心,关心。 sth concern sb 某事与某人有关。 concern oneself with/ in sth 使自己卷入, 担心。 be concerned about 为某事担心, 操心。 as far as sb be concerned 就我/你/某人来说,或认为≈in orek oppoviou That doesn‘t concern us. It‘s not your problem―don‘t concern yourself with it. He is concerned in the new project. Your parents are concerned about your future. As far as I am concerned, you can go whenever you want. condition: n.条件, 状况, 情况; (复数) 环境 on condition that…在…条件下,只要…=as/ so long as…; on this (that) condition 在这(那)种条件下 in (good) condition(处于)良好状态/身 体状况好; in good state 状态好 in good shape 身材好 out of condition 身体状况 不好 in war conditions 在战争环境中。 confuse: 使迷惑;混淆。 Get/ be confused=get/ be puzzled congratulate: ① congratulate sb. on sth.祝贺某人某事 (celebrate sb. sth.双宾语,庆祝某人某事, greet sb.欢迎某人, sb. be welcome to a place 欢迎某人到某地), ② congratulation: n.祝贺,庆祝(复) send one‘s congratulations to sb./ on sth. Congratulations to connect: ① vt. 连 接 , 联 系 connect…with…=join…to… 把 …… 同 ….. 连 接 / 联 想 起 来 ; connect…to…把……接到……上; be connected with…=have something to do with…与……有关. He is connected with the matter. A high way has connected Chengdu with Beijing. ②vi.连接 the two railways connects here. conscious: be conscious of be conscious that≈be awave of /that? 知道/ 意识到/感到? consider :vt①.考虑;把……看作; consider sth./疑问词+to do/+句子=doing sth.考虑做; ②认为 consider sb. (to be/as)…=regard …as…=treat ……as…=think of …as…=look on…as…take/see/view/have…as…:把……当成…… We all _____him the best student in our class. A. consider B. regard C. treat D. think of (A) consist: consist of(=be made up of)由…构成; make up 构成。 contain: 包括,其后的宾语与主语属于“不同类包含” ,表示包含之物的全部或部分,强调整 体;而成 include:其后的宾语只是整体的一部分,即 “同杰包含” ,表示包含之物的 部分,强调部分。sb./sth. included=including sth.包括有内。 Sea water _____ salt. A. contains B. includes (A) A group of doctors will set out for the countryside, ____ my father. (A) A. including B. included C. containing D. contained contemporary: be contemporary with 与 … 属 于 同 一 时 代 contemporary events 当 代 事 件 contemporary styles 现代风格 content: ① n/v. be content woth sb/ sth 对…..满意(=be satisfied/ pleased with), content oneself with sth=satisfied oreielf with… ② be content to do sth.满足于做…../乐于做……=be willing to do…/be ready to do…, be content with…满足于… I am not content what the present salary I get in the school. ③ n.内容,容量,要旨 the content of the composition. Whether a student is good or not should be judged by the content of his character continue: v. 继 续 ; 连 续 continue (with) the work=continue doing(to do) the work=go on with…=carry on (with)…; 而 go on to do 与 go on doing 意义不同 continuous: adj. continuously: adv.不断地,无间歇; continually:不断地,有间歇 The river flows under this bridge ____. A. continuously B. continually (A) contrary: on the contrary 恰恰相反。 contribute: v. contribute to D为……作贡献;有助于……; 向……投稿‖。 contributioa: v. make a contributioa to …对……做出贡献。 A proper amount of exercise contributes to good health. convenient: adj.便利的,方便的 be convenient to /for sb.对……很方便。 Come to see me if it is convenient to(for) you tomorrow.如果方便的话,你明天来。 cost: vi.值(多少钱=be worth); 花费=expense/fee cost 指花钱、时间、精力,主语只能是物可 带比宾语; spend 指花时间、 钱, 主语地人, 常用: spend + time/money on sth or in / take 指花时间、 精力, 主语地人或物, 常用: It takes sb. +time +to do sth.=it take +time +for sb. to do sth=sb. +takes +time+ over sth.= sb. takes +time +to do sth…; pay:指花钱,主语地人。 How much is the house they built last year ____ now. (B) A. cost B. worth C. spend D. spent I won‘t ____ less than five hundrend pounds for the car. A. take B. pay C. spend D. cost (A) n. 成本;价钱;费用 vt. 使某人失去……。 The accident cost him two legs. country: 国家; 乡下; 农村。country 侧重疆土; nation 侧重人民; state 侧重政权。in the country 在乡下(要用)the, in city/town 不用 the), country 意为 “国家”时,地一个可数 名词;意为 “农村”时,是一个不可数名词。 course: c.n…过程, 经过, 道路; 课程 of course 当然 in the course of 意为“在……过程中;在…… 期间‖,相当于Dduring‘;而 in course of 意为 D正在……中‖,相当于Din process of‖. The railway is in ____ of construction. A. the course B. course (B) I am good at all my courses, so I am sure I can go to a famous college. court: 法庭。Take sb, to ciurt:起诉某人。 crash: crash into…接到……上;闯入; be crashed to pieces: 被撞得粉碎; in the air/ plane crash:在 那次飞机失事中。 crowd: n./v. the crowd 人群; a crowd of…一群…; crowd into…涌入,挤入; be crowded with… 充满/挤满了。 cruel: adj.残忍的,残酷的 be cruel to sb 对某人残酷, (cruelty n. without cruelty 毫不留情地; cruelly adv.) cure: vt.& n.治疗;痊愈 cure sb .of (a disease)治愈某人的病,改掉某人的…恶习; a cure for… 的一种治疗方法 。 treat 治疗。 The doctor cured me of cold(headache). 医生给人治疗感冒(头痛) A certain cure for this illness is not found yet.这种病尚无在效的治疗方法。 curious: adj.好奇的,稀奇的,奇妙的 be curious about … 对……好奇,children are curious about everything.儿童对任何事情都感到好奇。(curiously adv. curiosity n.好奇心) custom: ①n.习惯;习俗,风俗。 custom 社会、团体的习惯,也指个人的习惯,habit 指个人 的习惯。②the Customs 海关 ③ 顾客(总称) ,customer(个体)顾客。 cut: vt.& n.割;砍;切;剪;削 I had my hair cut yesterday.我昨天昨天理发了。 Have one‘s hair cut 理发。 cut one‘s name on…把名字刻在…上; cut the price 降价; cut down 砍倒,降低, 削减 =bring down= cut in 插嘴 cut in with a few remarks 插嘴讲几句; cut open 切开; cut up 切碎; cuts on one‘s arm 手臂上的伤口; cut off 切掉(供应),删去,切断; cut record, sell, write wash 后接副词时,可用主动形式表示被动意义。 The knife cuts well.这把刀 切起来很锋利。 D damage: u. n. & vt.毁坏,损害, (局部的破坏,可修复) ;而 destroy: 摧毁(大规模的,彻底的, 不可修复) ;ruin: 毁坏,弄坏, ruin onels health be/ lie in ruins 成为废墟。 Was there any damage to your car?(不可数名词) The fire damaged the furniture. The earthquake destroyed the houses. danger: ① 危险(不可数) ;引起危险的物或人,威胁(可数名词) a danger to life/ health.类 似词有: Deaths 死亡人数,surprise 惊奇 a great surprise, failure 失败者(作品、计划) , success 成功的人或物, pleasure 乐事,趣事, knowkedge 某一专门的知识。 ②be in danger of…有…..危险, in danger=at stake 在危险期中; danoerous: 本身危险的; in danger:处境危险; out of danger 脱离危险; ③ endanger : vt.使……危险/濒临灭绝; endangered animals.濒危动物。 dare: v. & aux. v.敢;敢于(作为行为动词,与不定式 to 连用,与其它行为动词 一样;作为情 态动词, 不加 to,用于否定, 疑问和条件句中) He doesn‘t dare (to) do it./ he dare not do it./ I dare say my uncle will get the money. (I dare say 是固定说法,意思是非功过“很可能” , “我敢说”)。 deal: ①做买卖(with…),经营(in), 对付, 处理, 论及, 论述, 涉及(with…)。 I think Americans are hard to deal with. What to do with sth.= how to deal with sth.怎样对付/处理……; He is dealing in furs.他在经营皮货。I am writing a book dealing with family problems. ②n.买卖,交易,协议 a good/ great deal+ adj./ adv.= a lot/ much talj/adv I am a great deal better now. a great/ good deal of+ un. 大量…; Make/ do a deal with sb.与某人做买卖/密 约 decide: ①决定,解决 Fighting is not a good way to decide an argument. ②decide on/ upon…选定,决定 decide on doing…=decide to do… 决定做……, We must decide on a topic before we start to write. decide to do sth.=make up one‘s mind(s) to do…= have the determination to do …=be determined to do…=deermine on doing…决心做…..; determine sb. to do…使某人下决心 做…..; a man with determination 一个意志坚定的人 He left the place, ____ never to come back. A. determined B. to determine C. being determined D. having determined (A) declare: vt.声明;断言;宣布 declare the results of the election 宣布选举结果(名词:declaration) 而 announce:通知,宣布 announce to sb…向某人宣布……; It has been announced that…已 宣布……(名词: announcement) delay: ①delay sth.延期……,推迟…… We must delay the meeting until our manager is present. ②delay doing sth 延期做…… (=put off/ postpone) Without delay(=at once)毫不迟缓地 a delay of two hors 推迟两个小时 demand: require:指主观强烈要求; request:批客观强烈要求; desire:有礼貌的要求; desire:强烈抗 议的愿望,欲望,请求 sth./ sb. to do sth./ to do sth. ①demand sth of/from sb.要求某人某事 =asd sb. of sth. ② demand to do…=require to do….要求做……I demand to be told everything. ③ 需要=require/ need demand+名词/代词 they demanded equal rights as the white. ④ demand+句子(should+ 动词原形, should 可省) He demanded that he (should) be told the plan. ⑤ n. a demand for…对……的要求, a desire for ….对……的强烈愿望 ⑥在 require doing=need/ want doing= require/ need/want to be done 和 require sb. to do… 中不用 demand. (demand/ suggest/ hope/ arrange/ agree 都不接 sb. to do sth.) deny: v. 否认,拒绝给予。It can‘t be denied that+句子= everyone must admit that+句子:不可否认 的是……Deny doing/ having done…否认做/已做了…。 depend: vi.依靠, 依赖, 相信, 依……而定, depend on (或 upon)依靠;依赖,取决于……=rely on/ count on. 1.接名词或动名词: depend on one‘s words 信任某人的话 depend on his coming on time 相信他准时起来。2.接动词不定式作宾补 D指望某人做……‖He depends on you ①to help him.他靠你帮他。3.接从句, D取决于……‖ It depends on what you‘ll say.取决于 你怎么说。接 that 引导的从句时通常要加 it. “指望” 、对……深信不疑。 He depends on it that you will hilp him.他要依靠你帮助。被动语态中不能漏用 on. He is a person to be depended on. That depends= it all depends 要看情况而定。 I may go there, but it all depends. ②dependence n.依赖; dependent adj. 有依赖性的; independence n. 独立; independent adj.独立的。 desert: ① n./ adj.沙漠(的) ;荒芜(的)② vt. 读音不同, “舍弃,抛弃,遗弃” he deserted his friend in need.他遗弃了苦难中的朋友。Those who desert their parents should be punished by law. ③abuse n/ vt.虐待,滥用,辱骂,陋习 a abused dog, abuse one‘s power/ authority 滥用 职权权力/职权, personal abuse 人身攻击, remedy an abuse 纠正陋习。 determine: 决定,决心。Determine to do sth(终止性).=be determined to do sth.(延续性)=have the determination to do sth. He ____ to go to the U.S.A. for a long time. A. determined B. has determined C. has been determined (C) develop: ① v.发展, 开发; (照相) 冲洗, 显影; 研制, 培养, develop films, develop a good habit ② developing adj. 发展中的, developed 发达的 developing countries 发展中国家; developed countries 发 达 国 家 , in less developed countries 在 次 发 达 国 家 ③ development n. devote: ①把 …… 奉献 , 把 …… 专用于 devote one‘s time to sth./ doing sth.=spend…in/ on…; devote oneself to= be devoted to 献身于,致力于,专心于 devotinon.n. ②devoted adj.献身于……的,忠实的,虔诚的 a devoted friend diagnose: 诊断。Be diagnosed with cancer.被诊断有癌症。 dice: 切成丁或小方块;chop:剁碎;slice:切成片;peel:削皮;roll up:卷起;stir:搅拌; mix:混合;add:添加;steam:蒸;boil:煮;fry:炸;smoke:熏;salt:用盐腌;roast/bake:烤 stew:炖; die: ①die for 为……而死,渴望……I
die of 死于……(内因或疾病:illness, hunger, cold, laughing 等); die from…死于….(外因或疾病); die away vi 逐渐消失 The wind h die out 灭绝(=disappear completely),逐渐熄灭 T die in bed 因病或年老而死,寿终正寝; die in one‘s boots/ shoes 不死在床上,横死,暴死; die a heroic death 英勇牺牲;die off 枯死,绝种。 ②dead adj.死的,麻木的,呆板的,无动静的,不流通的,熄灭的 a dead volcano 死火山, in the dead hours of the night 在夜深人静时,dead dingers 麻木的手指,dead seasons 淡季。 ③dying 垂死的,快熄灭的,将结束的 a dying person/fire/ day, one‘s dying wish 临终的愿 望。 ④deadly: adj./adv.致命的, 极度的/地, 死一般的/地 The snake gave the farmer a deadly bite, so he deed soon and his wife was deadly sad. ⑤ death n.死, 死亡, 灭亡 (不可数) ; 死亡的人数 (可数) The earthquake caused many deaths. to death 极度 be sick to death 病危,be tired to death 极累;to the death 至死,到底 fight to the death 战斗到底; put sb to death 处死某人,置某人于死地;sentence sb to death 宣判某人死刑。 diet: 饮食。go/ ge on a diet 节食;go in unhealthy diets:进行不健康节食;put sb. on a die 使某人 节食;keep a balanced diet 保持均匀的饮食;crash diet:速效饮食。 differ: ① vi.不同,相异(differ from=be different from), 意见不一致;we differ from them on the problem. ② different adj. be different from/ to /than… 与 …… 不 同 ; ③ difference n. differences between ……在…...的差别; a difference in…在……方面的不同 Lucy and Lily have a difference in character. Make no/ some difference(没)有关系,(没)有影响。It doesn‘t matter.= It makes no difference. Make a difference between …区别对待……④.differently adv. tell the difference in… between A and B 说出/辨别 A 和 B 在……方面的区别/差异=tell/ distinguish A from B=tell A and B apart difficulty: ① n. 困难,不可数名词 have much/ some/ little/ a little difficulty/ trouble/ problem (in) doing sth.做……有困难; have difficulty/ trouble with sth.在……上有困难; There is some difficulty (in) doing sth… 干 …… 有困难 ; do sth. with/ without difficulty( 毫不 ) 费力地 做……类似的有; have fun (in) in doing…做……有趣; have a good/ hard time (in) doing 做…..愉快/有困难。 I wonder what difficulty he had ____ the plan. A. carrying out B. carried out C. to carry out D. with carrying out (A) ②difficulty:困难事,困境,可数名词,常用复数 be in (financial) difficulties 手头拮据 ③difficult: adj. =hard 困难的 Nothing is too difficult if you set your mind to it. dip: n.在(江河湖海中)洗澡,游泳。 have/ take a dip in…在…泡一下。 Dip into ≈look into… 浏览。 direct: ①adj.径直的,直接的,a direct result 直接后果,be in direct contact with sb.与某人有直 接的联系,direct speech ②vt/ vi.指引,指导,指挥 thinking directs one‘s actions. ③direction: n.指导,指挥,方向,指示 in all directions=in every direction 向四面八方; under the direction of sb.=s direction 在……的指导下; in the direction of… 向……方向; ④directly: adv.径直地,直接地=straight 马上=at once, 一……就……=as soon as 等 I will be there directly. disappoint: ① vt.使失望 be disappointed at hearing…听见……很失望,be disappointed in sb/ sth. 对某人/某物失望, ② disappointed adj. 本身失望和 disappointing 令人失望 The _B_ father felt __B_ in his A son. A. disappointing B. disappointed disappointment n. 失望,使人失望的人 to one‘s disappointment 令人失望的是 discover: vt.发现;暴露;发觉 Who discovered America in 1492? Discover D发现‖,是发现 D本来已 有的东西‖; invent D发明‖,是发明 D本来没有的东西‖; find:找到(表结果),发现(指自然 地发现); find out: 查清楚,开明白,指通过努力或调查; look for:寻找,表动作 Man ____ iron, which is a very useful metal. Edison____ electric lights.爱迪生发明了电灯。 We must ____ who stole your money. I have ____ that he‘s started to tell lies. A. find/ found out B. find/ found C. discover(ed) D. invent(ed) (CDAB) distance: in the distance 在远处; at a distance 从远处。 disturb: 打扰(某人) ,惊动,妨碍(安眠,安静) ,扰乱(治安) ,打乱(计划) ;interrupt 打 断 ( 谈 话 ) , 打 乱 , 打 扰 ( 语 气 不 如 disturb 重) ;trouble 使忧虑,苦恼,麻烦;worry 困扰,使人不安或烦恼。 The dancing noise from the next door ____ the old lady. (B) His son‘s being weak in English ____ the mother. (A) I am sorry to ____ you in the morning hours. (B/D) Don‘t ____ others when they are talking. (C) A. worried‘ worry B. disturb(ed) C. interrupt(ed) D. trouble(d) divide: vt.分; 划分, 分享, 分裂, (数学上的) 除, Eight divided by two is four. The class is divided into four groups. Divide 和 separate:都有 “分” 之意。 Divide 指把整体分为若干个部分, 常用 divide… into…;separate 指把原来合在一起的人右物分离开来,常用 separate… from…. The cake was divided into/in two.蛋糕被分成两份。Oxygen can be separated from water.氧可以从水中分离出来。 do: ① 做,给予,学习,整理 do all sb. can to do…竭尽全力做……; do good deeds 做好事; do good to sb. =do sb good 对……有好处; do wrong to sb =do sb. wrong 对……不公正,做错; do right 做得对;do harm to sb =do sb. harm 对……有害, do a favor for sb.= do sb. a favor 帮某人; do one‘s duty 尽本分;do one‘s lessons 做功课; do the bed 铺床; do the room 收 拾房间; do one‘s hair/ nals/ do one‘s best=try one‘s best to do sth.尽力做……; do up 修缮,梳理,扣好; do up one‘s hair/coat /house/ do with 与…相处,处理; ②do/does/did+动词原形;可用来强调谓语。强调其他完整的句子成分或状语从句用:it is/was…that…结构。Do give my regards to your parents when you are back. It is in the village ____ I was boun twenty years ago. (B) It is the village ____ I was born twenty tears ago. (A) A. where B. that doubt: ①I doubt whether/if… I doubt if/ whether he can do it well. ②I don‘t doubt but that/ that/ but…/ Do you doubt that…? ③I have no doubt that…不怀疑…… ④I have some doubt if/ whether… ⑤ There is no doubt about…sth./ that-clause 毫不疑问…..( 类似有 : There is no need/ wonder/ chance that….等,这可用: It is no wonder that…) ⑥ in doubt 感到怀疑,拿不准,被怀疑 When you are in doubt about the meaning of the word, please consult a dictionary. without (a) doubt 无疑地(做状语); beyond doubt 毫无 疑问地(做插入语) He is the best student in our class without a doubt=Beyond doubt, he is… . make no doubt of…对……不怀疑; throw/ cast doubt on/ upon….(使人)对……产生怀疑 I threw doubt on my English score. down: ①bring sown vt.降低,使到下;go down vi. 下降; blow down 刮倒; get down to +n/doing 开 始认真做…; put down 记下 (=write down) 放下;break down 分解,身体跨; hand/pass down 把……传下; look down upon/on 轻视; tear down 拆除; take down 取下; turn down 调低,拒绝。 dozen: ①打, 十二个, 与数词, many, several, some 等连用, 这点与 hundred, thousand, million, score 等用法一样,不加-s, 不用 of。 Two (many/several) dozen books have been stored in the shop. ②two dozen of ++代词(或含 these/ those/ the 等限定词的名词) two dozen of these books. ③dozens of+可复几十个,许多,表示模糊概念。 drag: 拖,指缓慢地、笨重地拖或拉重物,比 draw 需要更大的力气。 draw: 拉,引,拖,一 般用语;pull:不强调力的大小。 dream: ① n.梦想, 愿望 have a dream about…梦见……, ②v. 做梦,向往 dream of…梦见,梦想, dream about…梦见,梦到……; dream a dream 做一个梦; go into one‘s dream 进入梦乡; I never/little dreamed…我(从)没想到……。 The girl dreamt a sweet dream last light. The boy dreams of becoming a pilot. dress: ①n.女服,可数;(统指)衣服(尤指外衣),不可数 I care little about my dress. ②vt.给……穿 衣 dress oneself/ dress the baby, 不能说 dress clothes.(相反动作: undress) ③ vt.穿衣 dress ,put on, have sth. on 和 wear:都有 D穿,戴‖之意,但 put on 主要批穿戴的动作; have sth. on 和 wear 主要指穿戴的状态,但 wear 较正式,短时间状态用进行时,经常性的状态 用一般现在时, have on 不用进行时;dress 既指动作又指状态,强调 D穿插 着打扮‖,宾语 是人; be wearing=be dressed in=have on=be in,但 be dressed in 可接颜色。 dress up as… 打扮成…,用适当形式填空: He ____ his coat and went out. She ____ her little sister now. She ____ very well today. She ____ blue today. (keys: put on, is dressing, dresses, is dressed in) drink: drink to the success 为成功干杯; drink to one‘s health ≈toast to…/success 为某人的健康 干杯;drink sth. up/off 把……一饮而尽; drink in(如饥似渴地)吸收,吸取,陶醉于。 drive:① vi/vt.驱赶;驾驶(马车\汽车等),迫使 He drove me to the station. The enemy were driven off. 敌人被赶走了. ②drive at 意指 What are you driving at? drive sb. home 用车把…送回家;drive sb. away/off 把……赶走; drive sb out of...把…赶出… Our army drove the Japanese soldiers out of China and set up our new country. drop: n.滴; vt. 扔;而 fall 是不及物。 Drop behind:落后; drop in on sb. drop in at sp.拜访;Drop sb. down:让某人下车; Drop sb. a note:给某人留下便条。 drown: get/be drowned 被淹没/溺死; a drowning boy 落水的男孩; a drowned boy 溺死的男孩。 drown one‘s sorrows 借酒浇愁。 due: 预定应到的,预期的,应支付的,应得到的;due to 应归于,因支付给,由于; The fight was cancelled due to the fog.班机因雾停航。 Be due to do sth.预期做…….,预定做…The train is due to leave the station at five. E earn: ① get money for doing work 挣得,赚取 earn 1000.00 a month ②使得到,赢得 earn sb. sth.使某赢得…… What he has done will earn him fame. ③earn/ make/ get/ gain a living 谋生 earth: ① n.地球(必带 the);土地,泥,人间 on earth ,在世界上,地人间;究竟,到底(用在 who, what, how, where 等特殊疑问词后,加强语气) What on earth are you doing? ② Earth, ground, land, mud 和 soil: 都有 D土地‖的意思。Land 着重指 “陆地” ,也有土地、田地、中家、 地产等意;ground 着重指 “大地表面” ,也指土壤、场地、广场;earth 着重指与天空 相对的大地;soil 主要指富含有机物,宜于耕种的 “土壤” ;mud 指烂泥,稀泥。 east: ① n.东,东方; adj.东方的; adv.在东方; The wind blows east today.今天刮东风。 ② in the east 在东方 The sun rises in the east. ③in the east of …在……的东部(在某一范围之内) on the east of…东临…;东与……相接(强调与某一地域相接) to the east of…在……之东 (在某一范围之外用) (south, west, north 用法相同) China is in the east of Asia. Japan is to the east of China. China faces the pacific on the east.中国东临太平洋。 edge: 边,边界 at the edge of…在……边缘,指具体;on the edge of …指具体或抽象 The patient is on the edge of death. effect: ① 结果,效果,影响 sound effects 音响效果, cause and effect 因果; come/ go into effect 开始生效,开始实行 bring/ carry… into/ to effect 实施,实行; be of on effect 无效; take effect(药)见效(法)生效; have an effect on…对…有效果;② effective adj.有效的 effort:努力,艰难尝试 make efforts/ an effort to do sth. 努力做……; make every effort to do sth.=try/so one‘s best to do sth. =do all sb. can to do sth.竭尽全力做……; spare noeffort to do sth.不遗余力做……; without effort 毫不费力 elect: 选举,推选 elect+sb (as) +title (头衔)选举某人为……。注意,这个结构中,头衔前不加 任何冠词。同样 make/ choose 也有这样的用法。 else: adj. 别的,其他的(常驻机构附在疑问代词、副词和不定代词之后,修饰不定代词进, 所有格放在不定代词上) (or) else=otherwise “否则” , “要不然” This pen isn‘t mine . it must be somebody else‘s. Hurry up, (or) else we will be late. employ: ①雇佣 employ sb.=take on sb. hire sb. or sth.雇佣,租用 hire a car ②利用=make use of… You should employ your spare time better. ③employment: n.雇佣 employer n.雇主 employee n.雇员 end: at the end of last week 与 by the end of last week 所用失态不同。 End up with…以……结束, bgin/start with……以……开始; end in…以……告终. engage: v.从事,聘请,参加,订婚。engage (onself) in…从事于…engage sb as…聘用某人做某 事;engage sb in sth.使让/某人参加…;get/ be engaged to sb.与某人订婚; get/ be engaged in/ on 忙于做某事/被某事缠身 He wants to engage (himself) in foreign trade. He engaged her as his secretary. We engaged him in conversation. They have got engaged. enjoy: ①vt. 喜欢;享受……乐趣,享有(利益、权利等),enjoy equal rights 享有平等权利,enjoy doing sth.喜欢……; enjoy oneself=have a good/ great time ② enjoy, like, be fond of 和 love:都有 D喜爱、喜欢“的意思。enjoy 与 like 可以通用,后跟动名词,like 可接不定 式;be fond of 不接具体时间,喜爱的程度比 like, live 表示的感情色彩最强烈。I enjoy/ like swimming in the river. I am fond of light music.我很喜爱轻音乐。She likes him, but doesn‘t love him.她喜欢他,但并不爱他。 enough: adj. & adv.足够的(地) ,充分的(地) ;n. 足

我要回帖

更多关于 peoples珠宝官网 的文章

随机推荐