续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
英语中容易引起老外误会甚至反感的两个词组
&&英语中容易引起老外误会甚至反感的两个词组
阅读已结束,下载本文需要
想免费下载更多文档?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢下面是几个英语短语,请问个是什么意思?_百度知道
下面是几个英语短语,请问个是什么意思?
the facing page 是指书的那一页啊?put pen to paper?block captitals?
the facing page:不是指的具体哪一页,除非句子里给出了具体的,它一般指的当前眼睛就能看到的那一页put pen to paper:落笔;下笔;命笔;落墨block captitals:.正体大写字母
什么叫正体
相当于我们汉字的正楷,就是符合英语书写规范的要求的书写或者打印字体。
采纳率:66%
1这一页(朝上的一页)2写字3正体大写字母
第一个是首页。第二个就是拿笔写字。第三个是大写字母
首页写字,下笔正体大写字母
用有道词典或金山词霸查一下进行,很好用
其他2条回答
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
您可能关注的内容
英语短语的相关知识
换一换
回答问题,赢新手礼包
个人、企业类
违法有害信息,请在下方选择后提交
色情、暴力
我们会通过消息、邮箱等方式尽快将举报结果通知您。当前位置: >>
中学生英语学习常见错误一览表(78页)
中学生英语学习常见错误一览表? 中学生英语学习常见错误一览表? A?a ? [误] I think it is an useful English dictionary.? [正] I think it is a useful English dictionary.? [析] 在不定冠词 a 与 an 的用法中要注意的一点是:an 用在以元音开头的词 之前; a 则用在以辅音开头的词之前。 而 要特别注意的是以 u 字母打头的单词, 如 useful,university 等,其第一个音标是[j] ,所以要特别予以注意。? [误] I need a hour to finish this letter.? [正] I need an hour to finish this letter.? [析] 要注意 hour 和 honest 的第一个字母不发音。? [误] My teacher is a unknown man, but he is a very good man.? [正] My teacher is an unknown man, but he is a very good man.? [析] 要注意以 u 打头的单词,它的发音为[?]时,单数名词前要用 an, 如 uncle 等。 [误] There is a &f& in the word &football&.? [正] There is an &f& in the word &football&.? [析] 英文字母单独使用时,如其第一个发音是元音时,其前面的不定冠词应 该用 an 而不是 a.? [误] I have a little brother. He is a 8 ? year ? old boy.? [正] I have a little brother. He is an 8 ? year ? old boy.? [析] 要注意这些字母的第一个发音为元音,如 eight, eleven 等。 ? able ? [误] This bike is able to be repaired.? [正] This bike can be repaired.? [析] be able to 主要表达某事或某人具有某种能力去作某事,应译为&有本领 &、&有能力&、&可以&作某事,如:I'm able to swim across this river. 而 can 可以 用来表示具有接受能力或吸收能力。如:This radio can be repaired here.? about ? [误] This class is about to begin just now.? [正] This class is about to begin.? [析] 要注意 be about to 是&将要&的意思,含有将来时之意,不要与表示过去 时的时间状语连用。 另外, about to 一般用作书面语, be 对应的口语是 be going to. ? about on ? about 与 on 都可以作&关于&讲, 但却有所不同, 例如: This book is about physics. 应译为&这是一本关于物理学的科普读物。 &而: This book is on physics.则应译为 &这是一本物理学方面的专著。&? above ? [误] The temperature is five degrees over zero.? [正] The temperature is five degrees above zero.? [析]表达&在……上方&时, above 与 over 是可以互换的, The sky is above(or 如: over)our heads. 但是要表达在垂直方向上的上方时则应用 above 不可用 over, 如:The sun has risen above the horizon.? [误] There is often thick cloud above the South of China in summer.? [正] There is often thick cloud over the South of China in summer.? [析] 当表达覆盖之意时,只可用 over 而不能用 above.? [误] There is a bridge above the river.? [正] There is a bridge over the river.? [析] 用来表达&从……上方越过&时不能用 above 只能用 over,如:The plane flew over the city. 但要注意 There is waterfall above the bridge. 则应译为&在桥的 上游有一个瀑布。&? across ? [误] He ran across the wood.? [正] He ran through the wood.? [析] across 是指某一动作在一平面内进行,而 through 则是指该动作在一三 维立体空间的运动过程。如:The man came in through the window. He walked across the square. across ? across 的主要用法有两个。 其一, 意为&对面&, There is a school just across the 如: street. 其二,意为&横过&,如:He walked across the street.? afraid ? [误] I dont't afraid of him.? [正] I am not afraid of him.? [析] 要注意&害怕&afraid 一词在英语中不是动词,而是形容词,要与 be 动词 连用。? after ? [误] Two weeks after he left.? [正] Two weeks later he left.? [正] He left after two weeks.? [析] 要表达&在多少时间之后&,英语中有两种表达法,即:用 later 时,要 时间在前,如 而用 after 时要时间在后,如 after three hours.? [误] My father will be back after a few hours.? [正] My father will be back in a few hours.? [析] 受中文的影响,这个介词常常被误用。当你要表达在一段时间内某个动 作可以完成时,一定要用 in,而不能用 after,因为 after 是指在某一时间之后。 例如: This work will be done in two days. 即表明在两天内这一工作一定会做完。 而如用了 after,即表示在两天之后,完成的时间是不确定的。? after behind ? after 多用于表示顺序的前后,如:She walked in the line after Tom. 或用来表示& 追赶&, 表示一种动态, He ran after Mary. 而 behind 多用于强调先进与落后, 如: 如:She is much behind the other girls in sewing. 或者用于表达&迟于&,如:The train was ten minutes behind the time table. 或者与表示静态的动词连用, 如: She hid herself behind the flowers.? afternoon ? [误] He worked very hard in a hot afternoon.? [正] He worked very hard on a hot afternoon.? [析] 习惯用的词组 in the afternoon, 如果加入任何修饰词后其前面的介词 in 都要改为 on,不论其修饰词在前还是在后,如:He swam in this river on the afternoon of June lst. 又如:Are you free on Sunday afternoon?? against ? [误] He against me.? [正] He is against me.? [析] 要注意 against 意为&反对&,但它在英文中却不是动词,而是介词,如 要讲反对某事或某人时则要加动词 be, 如:He is against somebody/something. ? against for ? against 意为&反对&、&不赞成&;而 for 则意为&同意&,为其反意词。如:Are you for or ?? against ? the plan?? age ? [误] He is twenty years old of age.? [正] He is twenty.? [正] He is twenty years old.? [正] He is at the age of twenty.? ago ? [误] Tom's father has been dead five years ago.? [正] Tom's father died five years ago.? [析] ago 意为由说话时算起, 若干时间以前。 它只能和一般动词过去时连用, 而不要与完成时连用。? [误] Yesterday I met a friend. We didn't see each other for a long time since we left the college twenty years ago.? [正] Yesterday I met a friend. We hadn't seen each other for a long time since we left the college twenty years ago.? [析] 要注意的是在本句是 ago 是用在由 since 引起的从句之中,只是从句应 用过去时,但不影响主句的时态。? agree ? [误] Does the teacher agree to us?? [正] Does the teacher agree with us?? [误] Does he agree with our plan?? [正] Does he agree with us?? [析] agree with 指&同意某人的提议、建议、计划&等。如果要讲同意某项计 划则要用 agree to, 如:Do you agree to the plan?? all ? [误] The old man has two sons. All of them are workers.? [正] The old man has two sons. Both of them are workers.? [析] all 是指三者或以上的全部,而 both 则是指&两者都&。? [误] The all children are playing football now.? [正] All the children are playing football now.? [析] all 作修饰词时其位置要在所有的修饰词之前,不论这些修饰词是定冠 词、指示代词、形容词或名词,或代词的所有格。? [误] You all are right.? [正] You are all right.? [析]all 作同位语时其位置要置于 be 动词之后, 实意动词之前, The teachers 如: all work hard. 或用于第一助动词之后,如:The boys have all been waiting for their mothers.? almost ? [误] Nearly nobody thinks he is right.? [正] Almost nobody thinks he is right.? [析] nearly 与 almost 是近意词,其含意差别不大,但是与否定词连用时要用 almost, 例如:She brought almost no money with her. 此句中的 almost 不能用 nearly 替换。? alone ? [误] The old man lived lone but he didn't feel lonely.? [正] The old man lived alone, but he didn't feel lonely.? [析] alone, lone, lonely 三个词全具有&孤单、 孤独&之意。 但其用法不同: lone 可以作定语,而 alone 则只能作表语,lonely 则多指感情上与感觉上的孤独。? already ? [误] We are already for the work.? [正] We are all ready for the work.? [析] already 是副词, 其意为&已经&, He already knew about it. 而 all ready 如: 为形容词意为&准备好&。? already yet ? already 多用于肯定句中,例如:The students have already finished the work. 而 yet 则多用于疑问句与否定句中, 如: Have you finished it yet? I haven't finished it yet.? also ? [误] I didn't find the dictionary also.? [正] I didn't find the dictionary either.? [析] 作为&也&讲,在否定句中要用 either 而不能用 also.? also too ? also 与 too 都可用在肯定句中表示&也&,但 also 通常用于 be 动词或情态动词之 后,如:I can also do it myself. 而 too 一般放于句尾。I'll attend his class, too.? always ? [误] Always he asked himself why he had come here.? [正] He always asked himself why he had come here.? [析] always 一般不能用于句首,它在一般句中的位置是于动词之前第一助 动词之后,如:I've always thought he is honest. 又如:He is always late.? among ? [误] If the three apples are divided among the two boys how much will each receive? [正] If the three apples are divided among the three boys how much will each receive? [析] among 常用于三个事物或人物之间,而 between 则多用于两者之间。? an ? [误] This is an useful dictionary.? [正] This is a useful dictionary.? [析] 详见 a 条。? and ? [误] He did not speak loudly and clearly.? [正] He did not speak loudly nor clearly.? [误] Our school is not in New York and Chicago, but in Boston.? [正] Our school is not in New York or Chicago, but in Boston.? [析] &和&这一概念在肯定句中应用 and,但在否定句中则要用 or angry ? [误] My mother was angry to me.? [正] My mother was angry with me.? [误] He was angry with what I said.? [正] He was angry at what I said.? [析] 要注意 be angry 后面如果接人,表示&对某人生气不满&时应用 be angry with somebody. 但要接事物时要用 be angry at something.? another ? [误] I have two sisters, one in America and another in English.? [正] I have two sisters, one in America and the other in English.? [析] 要注意英语中 another, other, the other, the others, others 的不同用法,现 分别说明如下:another 作形容词其意为:泛指的另一个或再一个,别的,类似 的。一般在句中作定语,如: This is not good enough, please show me another one. another 还可以作为代词用, One student said: want to play baskball.&another 如: &I said:&I want to play football.&? other 作形容词其意为&泛指其余的,别的&。如: I have other books besides these. 又如:Ask some other people please. the other 则 为特指,作形容词时其后面可接单数或复数名词,如:She has two flowers. One is white, the other one is yellow. (特指,单数)又如:There are fifty students in our class, twenty five are boys, the other students are girls. (特指,复数)但当 the other 作为代词时, 它代表的可以是单数, 也可以是复数, He has a book in one hand, 如: and a pen in the other. (单数)又如:There are some people in the room. Four are girls, the other(复数)are boys. 要注意的是当 the other 作主语时,其后面的谓语 动词要视具体情况而定,它可能是单数,也可能是复数。others 则只能作代词, 其意为 other ones 即为:泛指某些,某一部分人或物,如:Each of us must think of others. 而 the others 只能作为代词,它是特指某一些人或物,如:I know only one or the others are unknown to me. ? answer ? [误] Someone is knocking at the door. Please reply the door bell.? [正] Someone is knocking at the door, Please answer the door bell.? [析] answer 与 reply 是近意词,作为及物动词用时有时二者是可以互换的, 如:The student answered/replied that he wanted to watch TV. 但在某些特定场合 则不易互换。 作为应答之意时则多用 answer, You should answer to your name. 如: Please answer my letter as soon as possible. Answer my question in English.? any ? [误] Do you have some questions?? [正] Do you have any questions?? [析] some 一般要用于肯定句,而 any 则用于否定句或疑问句。? [误] China is larger than any other countries in Asia.? [正] China is larger than any other country in Asia.? [析] 要注意 any other 其后要跟单数名词,但 any of the other 其后要接复数 名词。? China ? is larger than any of the other countries in Asia.? [误] H you can choose anyone of these.? [正] H you can choose any one of these.? [析] anyone 只能指人,而 any one 即可指人 也可以指物。? around ? [误] The nine planets go around of the sun.? [正] The nine planets go around the sun.? [析] around 后面不要再加介词,如:The sun shines all around us.? around round ? 作介词用的 around 与 round 通常可以互换,只不过美语常用 around,而英语常 用 round,例如:You can see the post office round/around that corner. (绕过那个弯 你就可以看到邮局。但是一定要区别它们的不同之处:round 可以用作形容词、 副词、 介词、 动词、 名词; around 只能用作副词或介词。 而 例如: The post office is just round (around) the house (用作介词). He has round face (用作形容词). The river rounded the stones. (用作动词)? arrive ? [误] I arrived Beijing the day before yesterday.? [正] I arrived in Beijing the day before yesterday.? [正] I reached Beijing the day before yesterday.? [误] He arrived in the school at 11∶00.? [正] He arrived at the school at 11∶00.? [析] arrive 为不及物动词,当到达的是较大的地理区域时用介词 in,而到达 较小的地方时则用 at, 如:arrive in New York, arrive at the village.? arrive reach get ? arrive 如上所述是不及物动词, reach 则是及物动词。 How did you reach the 而 如: school this morning? 而 get 可用作不及物动词,作&到达&讲时其后面多与 to 连 用。如:When did you get to New York?? as ? [误] This man works in the bank for a manager.? [正] This man works in the bank as a manager.? [析] as 与 for 有时是可以通用的。 This room is used as (for) a classroom. 但 如: 是用来指官衔、职位时只能用 as.? [误] My brother is so taller as Tom.? [正] My brother is as tall as Tom.? [析] as… as 之间只能用形容词与副词的原级,而不能用比较级。在否定句 中可以用 so…as,也可以用 as…as,但在肯定句中只能用 as…as,如:He is not so tall as Tom. [误] I'll give him the note as soon as he will come.? [正] I'll give him the note as soon as he comes.? [析] as soon as 所引导的状语从句中应使用一般时态表示将来。? ask ? [误] The student asked a question to the teacher.? [正] The student asked the teacher a question.? [析] ask 应接双宾语,即 ask somebody something.? [误] They asked some books.? [正] They asked for some books.? [析] 向某人要求某物时应用 ask somebody for something 或 ask for something from somebody, 如:He asked his mother for some money. 或 He asked for some money from his mother.? asleep ? [误] He is deeply asleep.? [正] He is fast asleep.? [析] 要讲&熟睡&,就要用 fast 来修饰 asleep。另外, 在英语中一般不讲 somebody is sleeping 而要用 asleep。关于睡觉这一词的惯用法还有:go to sleep(如:The old man usually goes to sleep at ten.), fall asleep(如:I fell asleep at English class yes terday.)? at ? [误] It will really do you no harm quite.? [正] It will really do you no harm at all.? [析] at all 和 quite 的汉语意思均为&全然&、 &确定的&, at all 适用于否定句, 但 例如:? -I'm sorry. I'm late.? -No trouble at all. ? 又如:I don't think it is right at all. 而 quite 则适用于肯定句,例如:He is quite a good teacher.? [误] The children play football for lunch.? [正] The children play football at lunch.? [析] 英语中的 at lunch 为&在吃午饭时&。这种惯用法还有 at work(在工作), at table(在吃饭), desk(在学习)。 for lunch 则是为午饭而准备的食物, at 而 又如: We had some milk for breakfast.? [误] There is a post office in the corner of the street.? [正] There is a post office at the corner of the street.? [析] at the corner 是指墙外面的角,而 in the corner 是指建筑物内部的角落。 例如:There is a computer in the corner of the room. There is a street lamp at the corner of the street.? at in on ? 在表示时间时用来表示具体钟点用 at, He will be back at six. 表示一天的上、 如: 下午时要用 in,如:I usually get up at six in the morning. 但要注意的是,in the morning 和 in the afternoon 这两个词组中如果加入了任何修饰词, 其介词要换为 on, 如:on the cold morning, on the hot afternoon.又如:See you on Monday morning. 如讲到具体的某一天,要用 on, 如:on Sunday, 如:I usually want to visit my mother on Sundays. 在谈到周、 月、 季、 年时要用 in, 如: the children All will be happy in Easter week. He was born in July. 但要注意在泛指圣诞节、复活 节、感恩节时都用 at, 如:Where are you going at Easter.?B?back ? [误] I'm sorry. I have to back home.? [正] I'm sorry. I have to go back home.? [正] I'm sorry. I have to go home.? [析] back 用作&回到(某处)&之意,不是动词。? be ? [误] Where do you from?? [正] Where are you from?? [析] &你从何处来&应为 Where are you from?或 Where do you come from? 但 要注意这两句话均是问对方从哪个国家来的。要是口语中问&你是从什么地方 来?&应讲 Where did you come from? 回答用 I came from the library.? beat ? [误] We have won your class.? [正] We have beaten your class.? [正] We have won the game.? [析] win 是胜过之意,它是及物动词,但其后的宾语只能接比赛、战争、奖 品、奖金的名称,如:Which team won the football match? 而 beat 指打败对手、 敌人……如:My brother beat me at poker.(要注意的是,beat 的过去式与原形相 同,而过去分词为 beaten)。? [误] The ball beat me badly.? [正] The ball hit me badly.? [误] He used to hit the little boy black and blue.? [正] He used to beat the little boy black and blue.? [析] beat 指打击多次,而 hit 则为击中对方的一次性打击。? beautiful ? [误] He is a beautiful boy.? [正] He is a handsome boy.? [析] 我们可以讲 She is a beautiful girl. This is a beautiful park. 但要讲男人的& 英俊&时要用 handsome.? because ? [误] The reason why I was late is because I was ill.? [正] The reason why I was late is that I was ill.? [误] Because it was Sunday, so the park was crowded.? [正] Because it was Sunday the park was crowded.? [析] 这种错误是因为中文的习惯与英语的表述法不同, 中文常讲我来晚了的 原因是因为我病了,而英文中的第二个因为要用 that 代替。又因中文常讲因 为……所以……,而英文中用了因为就不能再用所以了,同样用了&所以&也就 不要再用&因为&一词。 例如: Because we study hard, we passed the exam easily. 或 者:We study hard so we passed the exam easily.? because because of ? because 后要接从句, 例如: like physics because we can learn a lot of new ideas. We 而 because of 后要接名词作介词宾语, He is not at school because of the illness. 如: ? before ? [误] We have two hours to kill before we will go home.? [正] We have two hours to kill before we go home.? [析] kill time 意为&消磨时光&。? 英语状语从句中要用一般现在时表示将来的动作。 If it rains we will not go to 如: the park. [误] I did this work two days before.? [正] I did this work two days ago.? [析] 用 ago 组成的时间状语其主句中的谓语动词要用过去时, before 引起 而 的时间状语其主句中的谓语动词多用完成时, I has done this work a few days 如: before.? before long long before ? before long 是&不久&之意, 例如:I shall go to America before long. 而 long before 则是&很久很久&之意,如:We knew this teacher long before we saw him. (我们在 看到这位老师之前很久就知道他了。)? begin ? [误] The meeting will begin from Monday.? [正] The meeting will begin on Monday.? [误] The film has begun for ten minutes.? [正] The film has been on for ten minutes.? [析] begin 是瞬间动词,所以它的完成时态不能接表示一段时间的状语,如: The film has begun. 这句话是对的,即&电影已经开始&。但要讲已经开始 10 分 钟了则要用 has been on 即&上演了 10 分钟&。? begin start ? begin 与 start 两词后面加不定式或动名词都可以,且意思并无区别,但在表达 习惯时接动名词的用法较多, How old wern you when you first started learning 如: English?但这两个词的进行时态中则多用不定式,如:I was beginning to get hungry. 但如果句子的主语是物而不是人,则多用不定式,如:The ice began to melt. It started to get dark before we got to school. 当动词是表达某种心理状态 时,要用不定式,如:The student began to understand his mistakes.? [误] They study hard in the class from the beginning to the end.? [正] They study hard in the class from beginning to end.? [析] from beginning to end 是习惯用法,即自始至终,不要加冠词,但如单 独使用则要加冠词,例如:At the beginning,the teacher gave us an exam.? behind ? [误] He missed the class because he was behind the time.? [正] He missed the class because he was behind time.? [析] behind time 一短语意为&晚了&,而 behind the times 意为&落后于时代&。 behind 是介词同时又是副词, Come out from behind the door(介词). He's a long 如 way behind(副词). He fell behind with his classmates(副词).? below ? [误] What's that below the chair.? [正] What's that under the chair.? [析] under 意为&正下方&,而 below 意为&比……低&,或指&在下游&。如: There is a fall below the river. (河的下游有一个瀑布。 )其反义词为 over, There 如: is a big plane flying over the city. 但在&下面的例子&一表达语中则要用 the example below, 而不要用 under.? beside ? [误] The students stood besides the teacher.? [正] The students stood beside the teacher.? [误] I study English beside Chinese.? [正] I study English besides Chinese.? [析] beside 意为&在……旁边&,而 besides 是&除……以外(还如何)&。? beside by near ? beside 意为&在……旁&,如:There is a tall tree beside the river. by 多指&倚、靠&、 &沿着&之意, She is standing by the window. near 多用来表示两地间距离不远, 如: 如:There is a post office near our school.? better ? [误] You had better to do it at home.? [正] You had better do it at home.? [误] You hadn't better wake me up at six.? [正] You had better not wake me up at six.? [析] had better 在肯定句中为&应该作某事&,其后加不带 to 的不定式,而在 否定句中应用 had better+not+动词原形。在简答语中 had 常省略为'd,如:You'd better not. 又如: ? Let's ? go first. No, we'd better not.? between ? [误] Among the two trees there is a space of the feet.? [正] Between the two trees there is a space of the feet.? [析] 两者之间多用 between,三者或三者以上之间则用 among.? [误] You must choose between this club or that club.? [正] You must choose between this club and that club.? [析] 在两个之间作出选择要用 between…and…,而不能用 between…or…. ? big ? [误] There was a big rain last night.? [正] There was a heavy rain last night.? [析] 大雨在英语中只能用 a heavy rain 而不要用 a big rain. ? bit ? [误] He is a bit fool. ? [正] He is a bit of a fool.? [析] a bit 可以作程度副词,与 a little 相同,但它用于名词前应用 a bit of, 而 用于形容词前则应用 a bit,如:I'm a bit tired, 而其简答的否定句应为 Not a bit, (一点儿也不。)又如:? -Do you mind if I open the door?? -Not a bit. ? black ? [误] The children became black after swimming in the sea.? [正] The children became sunburned after swimming in the sea.? [析] 因太阳照晒而皮肤变黑,不应用 black 而应用 sunburned, sun colour 或 dark.? [误] The girl has black eyes and black hair.? [正] The girl has dark eyes and black hair.? [析] 英语中 black eyes 的意思是被打得发青的眼睛。? [误] The Europeans like red tea.? [正] The Europeans like black tea.? [析] 红茶在英文中应为 black tea. 这种惯用法还有: black and blue(鼻青脸肿, 青一块紫一块);black ? and ? white(黑白电视片)。go black 意为&在失去知觉 时眼前一片黑暗&;look black 意为&情况不妙,前景暗淡&。如:After the fight he was black and blue.On TV, I like colour for something and black ? and ? white for others.? body ? [误] Going to bed earlier and getting up earlier is good for your body.? [正] Going to bed earlier and getting up earlier is good for your health.? [析] 中文常讲对你身体有利,而英文中则讲对你健康有利。? borrow ? [误] May I lend some books from the library?? [正] May I borrow some books from the library?? [误] How long can I borrow it?? [正] How long can I keep it?? [析] 英语中有三个词都可译为&借&,但意义各不相同如:&借入&是 borrow, 其常用句型结构是 borrow something from somebody,这是个瞬间性动词,不可 与表示延续的时间状语连用。 例如: students want to borrow some books from The the library. &借出&用 lend,即借给别人东西。其常用句型是 lend somebody something, 或 lend something to somebody.例如: Could you lend us your dictionary? 或 Could you lend your dictionary to us? 它也是瞬间性动词,也不能与延续的时 间状语连用。keep 则是延续性动词,可以和表示长时间段的时间状语连用,也 可与 how long 等疑问词连用,如:You can keep it for three days.? born (bear 的过去分词)? [误] I born in Shanghai.? [正] I was born in Shanghai.? [误] He was born from Greek parents.? [正] He was born of Greek parents.? [析]&出身于……样的家庭&不要作 from 而要用 of, 例如: was born of a poor He family. both ? [误] They both are students.? [正] They are both students.? [误] They refuse both to answer this question.? [正] They both refuse to answer this question.? [析] both 作同位语时,一般要用在 be 动词之后实意动词之前。 [误] I know his both parents.? [正] I know both his parents.? [误] The both brothers were students.? [正] Both the brothers were students.? [正] Both brothers were students.? [析] 当 both 与形容词性物主代词 my, his, her 等以及定冠词 the 连用时,都 应将这些词置于 both 之后。另外,在与定冠词连用时 the 可以省略。? [误] Both of my parents are not at home.? [正] Neither of my parents are at home.? [误] Both of your answers are not right.? [正] Neither of your answers is right.? [正] Both your answers are wrong.? [析] both 不能用于否定句中作主语。表示&两者都不&时要用但作宾 语时 both 与 either 则都对,但要注意句意有所不同。例如:I cannot give both of the books to you. (我不能将两本书全给你。)而 I cannot give either of the books to you. (两本书中哪本书也不能给你。)? bring ? [误] Please bring this dictionary to Mr Brown.? [正] Please take this dictionary to Mr Brown.? [误] Next time, please take your little sister here.? [正] Next time, please bring your little sister here.? [析] 英语中 bring 是&带来&,而 take 是&带走&。还有一个词 fetch, 表示&到某 处去把某物取、接回来&。如:Please fetch the doctor at once.? business ? [误] My father went to Shanghai for business.? [正] My father went to Shanghai on business.? [析] on business 出差? busy ? [误] The students were very busy to prepare for the exam.? [正] The students were very busy preparing for the exam.? [析] be busy doing something 为&忙于作某事&? [误] The students were busy for the exam.? [正] The students were busy with the exam.? [析] busy 直接接名词时应用 with.? but ? [误] He couldn't help but realizing that he was wrong.? [正] He couldn't help but realize that he was wrong.? [误] She couldn't help to cry when she saw her mother.? [正] She couldn't help crying when she saw her mother.? [析] couldn't help 其后应接动名词, 表示情不自禁的动作, couldn't help but 但 后面要加动词原形即省 to 的不定式,所以前一句应译为&他才真正认识到他错 了。& ? buy ? [误] I have bought this dictionary for three years.? [正] I have had this dictionary for three years.? [析] buy 是截止性(即瞬间)动词,它可以有完成时,如:I have bought this dictionary. 但是不能与表示较长的时间状语连用。如要讲我这本字典已买了 3 年了则要用 have had 这一结构即我拥有这本字典已 3 年了。? by ? [误] The boy shot the cat by a gun.? [正] The boy shot the cat with a gun.? [误] He came to school by a taxi this morning.? [正] He came to school by taxi this morning.? [析] 作为某种运输手段来讲, 与名词间不能有冠词, by car, by bike, by by 如: air 等。如有了冠词或其他修饰词,则应用别的相应的介词,如:&我们今天早 上是乘他的车来的&一句应译为:We came here in his car this morning.?与 by 结 合而成的词组很多, 常用的有: the way 顺便说说; hand 手工制作; oneself by by by 独自地;by no means 决不。?Ccall ? [误] I'll call at Mr Brown.? [正] I'll call on Mr Brown.? [误] I'll call on Mr Brown's home.? [正] I'll call at Mr Brown's home.? [析] 作&拜访&讲时,at 后面接访问地点,而 on 后面接访问的人。 ? call on drop in visit ? call on 比较正式的为公务的访问,如:We were called on by the old students. 而 drop in 则是比较随便的走走,顺便拜访,如:If you're free, drop in. 而 visit 则 是更正式的外交访问或友好往来,如:My school's headmaster will visit America next week.? can ? [误] A blind man can not judge colours.? [正] A blind man cannot judge colours.? [误] I cann't call for you at ten.? [正] I can't call for you at ten.? [析] can 的否定形式应为 cannot 或 can't.? [误] It's only six o'clock. That mustn't be the postman.? [正] It's only six o'clock. That can't be the postman.? [析] must 用来表示一种肯定的推断,如:She must have some problems. She keeps crying. 但 在 否 定 句 中 则 要 用 can't , 要 表 示 对 过 去 的 推 测 则 要 用 &must+have+过去分词&的表达法,如:The lights have gone out.A fuse must have blown.而对过去的否定推测则多用&? can't ?+have+过去分词&, I don't think 如: he can have heard you. Call again.? [误] We could not help to laugh at once.? [正] We could not help laughing at once.? [正] We could not help but laugh at once.? [析]&couldn't help+动名词&表示禁不住做了某事。 could not help but 与 could 但 not but 后面要加不带 to 的不定式,意思都是不得不去做某事.如:You could not (help) but respect him.? can be able to ? can 与 be able to 都可以用来表示能力,但 can 只有现在时与过去时,be able to 则可用任何时态,如:He will be able to teach the child. 但要表示经过努力而达 到的一次性动作则只能用 be able to, 如: finally was able to jump over 2 ? 10 He meters. 或:The plane was able to fly over the mountain. 但要注意的是这两个词 都没有进行时态,而 be able to 后面不接不定式的被动态。? can could ? can 与 could 都可以用在现在时的口语中, 只是用 could 更为礼貌, 语气更委婉。 如:Could you tell us a story? care ? [误] I don't care coffee.? [正] I don't care for coffee.? [误] Take care for your steps.? [正] Take care of your steps.? [析] care for 是&对某物感兴趣&,而 care of 是&关心,要当心某事&,如:She didn't care for him. Take care of what you are doing.? [误] I don't care where we will go if it doesn't rain.? [正] I don't care where we go if it doesn't rain.? [析] 在 it doesn't matter, I don't care, I don't mind, 及 in case 引出的状语从句后 面要用现在时表示将来。如:I've got a football in case we have time for a game. ? change ? [误] I want to change my camera with that one.? [正] I want to change my camera for that one.? [析] change for 为&以某物为交换物&。而 change with 则是&随……而变&,如: The wood's colour changed with the season.? cheap ? [误] A teacher's salary is generally very cheap.? [正] A teacher's salary is generally very low.? [析] 工资的高低要用 low,cheap 是指价格便宜,如果要讲物美价廉则要用 not expensive, 如:This car is not expensive.? choose ? [误] We each had to have a choose of A or B.? [正] We each had to have a choice of A or B.? [析] choice 是名词,而 choose 是动词。? class ? [误] The class is watching TV.? [正] The class are watching TV.? [析] class 作主语时,如果作为整体讲则应用单数形式的谓语动词,如:The class was more than forty in number. 如考虑到具体的每个成员时则应用复数形 式的谓语动词,如:The class are, in general, very bright.? clean ? [误] Sorry, I didn't bought it here. I cleanly forgot.? [正] Sorry, I didn't bought it here. I clean forgot.? [析] clean 可以作为副词讲,其意为&完全&,而 cleanly 则意为&正确地&、& 干净利落地&,如:The knife doesn't cut cleanly. 而 clean 作为形容词讲时意为& 清洁的&、&干净的&,如:Her face is not clean now.? clever ? [误] I'm not clever in English.? [正] I'm not clever at English.? [析] clever at 是固定搭配,表示在某方面有特长。? close ? [误] It is cold outside. Please keep the door close.? [正] It is cold outside. Please keep the door closed.? [析] 这里的 close 是动词, 意为&关闭&, keep 后要加形容词, 而 所以要用 close 的过去分词形式 closed 作形容词。作形容词用的 close 意为&近的&、&亲密的&。 ? [误] Come closely so that I can see you.? [正] Come close so that I can see you.? [误] Good teaching and good testing are close related.? [正] Good teaching and good testing are closely related.? [析] close,closely 同样可以作副词用,但其意义不同,close 是&靠近&、&接近 &之意,而 closely 则是&紧密&、&严密&、&密切&之意。? [误] My school was quite close from my home.? [正] My school was quite close to my home.? [析] &与……接近&是 close to…,例如:? He was close to fifty.? There is a bus ? stop close to the station.? close shut turn ? shut 与 close 是同义词,如 close the door 或 shut the door. 但要讲把某人关在门 外时则只能用 shut somebody out 而不能用 close,因 shut 语气较强,并含有隔 离之意。而 turn off 是指关上电视、电灯、煤气之类,有切断之意。? cloth ? [误] The children wear very good cloth to go to school.? [正] The children wear very good clothes to go to school.? [误] I need a lot of clothing.? I'm going to make a new cloth. ? [正] I need a lot of cloth.? I'm going to make a new dress. ? [析] cloth 是&布&、&布料&,没有复数形式。一块布料是 a piece of cloth, 而 clothes 统指衣服,是复数名词,&一套衣服&要讲 a suit of clothes, 如果是&一件 件衣服&应讲 shirt, dress, sweater 等。而 clothing 是衣物的总称,是不可数名词。 例如:This clothing is needed in warm countries.Her clothes are made of fine cloth. ?英语中的 dress 是指比较正式的服装, a school dress(校服), student dress(学 如 a 生套装),a working dress(工作服)。? coffee ? [误] Please give me two waters.? [正] Please give me two coffees.? [正] Please give me two cups of water.? [析] 虽然 coffee, water, tea 等都是物质名词,但是只有 coffee 可用 coffees 取 代若干杯 coffee,而其他的却不行,其前要加 a cup of 或 a glass of.? colour(color) ? [误] Colours of flowers are red, yellow and white.? [正] Flowers are red, yellow and white.? [析] 中文的&花的颜色有红色、黄色和白色&,若译为英文 Colours of flowers are…,就显得重复了。? [误] I like green colour.? [正] I like green.? [正] I like colour green.? [析] colour green 中的 colour 是 green 的同位语,所以这种说话方式英语是 可以接受的。? come ? [误] I came across with an old friend in the street yesterday.? [正] I came across an old friend in the street yesterday.? [析] come across 是&偶然碰见、 遇见&, 要直接加宾语, I've just come across 如: a beautiful poem in this magazine.? [误] Where do you come from?? I come from the station. ? [正] Where did you come from?? I came from the station. ? [正] Where do you come from?? I come from China. ? [析] Where do you come from?意为&你是什么地方的人?&?而 Where did you come from?则是&你从何处来?& ? [误] The stars are coming out from the cloud.? [正] The stars are coming out of the cloud.? [析] come out of 意为&从……地方出来&。? come in come into enter ? come in 与 come into 的意义相同,但 come into 后面要加宾语,而 come in 后面 不用宾语。如 I found someone came into my room. The door opened and the child came in.? enter 常作为及物动词使用,如:The bus entered the English tunnel.? congratulate ? [误] I want to congratulate you for your success with all my heart.? [正] I want to congratulate you on your success with all my heart.? [析] 动词 congratulate somebody on something 是&向某人祝贺某事&。其名词 congratulation 在用时一般要用复数,如:I offered him my congratulations on his success. 又如:Congratulations!? cook ? [误] My father is a good cooker.? [正] My father is a good cook.? [析] 很多动词加上? er 则变为执行该动作的一种人, work ? worker,teach 如 ? teacher. 但 cook 即是动词&做饭&,同时名词也是&厨师&。而 cooker 则是&厨 具&、 &炊具&之意。 I will cook the dinner. I bought a good press cooker(高压锅)。 如: ? corner ? [误] There is a post office in the corner of the street.? [正] There is a post office at the corner of the street.? [误] A girl sat at the corner of the room.? [正] A girl sat in the corner of the room.? [析] in the corner 是在建筑物内部的角上,而 at the corner 是在外部的角上, 如:There is a big tree at the corner of the building.? cost ? [误] I cost ten dollars for the book.? [正] I spent ten dollars on the book.? [误] I cost two hours to do my homework.? [正] It took me two hours to do my homework.? [析] cost, spend. take 都可以作&花费&讲,但用法不同。cost 的用法是 &something+cost+somebody+时间或金钱&, The book cost me ten dollars. spend 如: 的用法是&somebody+spend+时间+(in)doing something&, I spent two hours (in) 如: writing this book. 或&somebody+spend+金钱+on something&,如:I spend two dollars on this book. 而 take 的用法则要用逻辑主语 it:&It+takes+somebody+时间 +to do something&, 如:It took me an hour to clean the classroom.? country ? [误] You can find cows in a country.? [正] You can find cows in the country.? [析] country 即可作&国家&讲,也可作&农村&讲。当作&农村&讲时,一定要加 定冠词,而且只有单数形式。例如:? [误] Farmers live in the countries.? [正] Farmers live in the country.? [析] 但作为&国家&讲时则可有单、复数形式,例如:Japan is an Asian country. Japan, China, and India are Asian countries.另外,country 一般指的是地理概念上 的国家,如:New Zealand is an agricultural country. 而 nation 多指民族组成的国 家,如:The Chinese nation(中华民族)。state 多侧重于政权方面的区域、国家 范围,如:the state farm(国营农场)。? cross ? [误] There are traffic lights at the cross.? [正] There are traffic lights at the crossing.? [析] cross 作为名词讲时是十字架、 十字形的东西, Red Cross(红十字会)。 如: ? [误] The little boy is going to across the street.? [正] The little boy is going to cross the street.? [析] across 是副词或介词,但不能作动词用。? cross pass ? cross 是指横过某地, 如: crossed the square. 而 pass 则强调从某物体旁经过, He 如:I mailed some letters when I passed the post office.? crowd ? [误] The room soon was crowded by people.? [正] The room soon was crowded with people.? [析] crowded 在这句话中应作为形容词,所以这句话不是被动语态而是系表 结构,如:The room was crowded with books.? cup ? [误] A silver glass was given to the winner.? [正] A silver cup was given to the winner.? [误] My mother was looking for the whisky cup.? [正] My mother was looking for the whisky glass.? [析] glass 一般指由玻璃制成的器皿,而 cup 多指用陶瓷或金属制成的杯子, 且 cup 尤其用在奖杯上。 喝酒多用的是玻璃制成的杯子, 如我们讲 I drink a glass of wine at supper. 而不讲 I drink a cup of wine at supper.?D?dance ? [误] We'll invite you and your wife to a dance party.? [正] We'll invite you and your wife to a dancing party.? [正] We'll invite you and your wife to a dance.? [正] We'll invite you and your wife to a ball.(美语中常用 ball 作为舞会。)? date ? [误] He studied ten hours a date.? [正] He studied ten hours a day.? [析] date 是指具体日期。如问 What's the date today? 应回答具体日期: &October 1st 1998.&而 day 是指 1 日(24 小时)。 What day is today? 问的是星期 如 几,应回答&It's Sunday.& [误] Today's date is January first. 1998.? [正] Today's date is January 1, 1998.? [正] Today's date is January 1st, 1998.? [析] 在日期书写中不要用序数词全写,而要用 1st, 2nd, 3rd……如果一 定要用序数词,其顺序应为:It is the first of January.? day ? [误] This is a book about every day English.? [正] This is a book about everyday English.? [正] This is an everyday English book.? [误] We go to school everyday.? [正] We go to school every day.? [析] everyday 是形容词,意为&日常的&,而 every day 则是&每天&、&天天& 之意。? dead ? [误] My father has died for ten years.? [正] My father has been dead for ten years.? [析] die 是瞬间动词,它可以用于完成时,如:My father has died. 但用于完 成时不能与表示一段时间的状语连用。 它也可以用于过去时, My father died 如: three years ago [误] We'll always remember the deads who were killed in the war.? [正] We'll always remember the dead who were killed in the war.? [析] 形容词前如加定冠词表示一类人,如 the rich(富人),the sick(病人),the poor(穷人),其后的谓语动词要用复数,如:The rich are not always happy.? dead deadly ? dead 在某些词组里是&完全&、&的确&的意思,如 dead right, dead tired, dead sure。 而 deadly 则是&致命的&, The rich man had many deadly enemies. 又如: 如: Cancer is a deadly disease. ? dead died ? dead 是形容词,如:Mrs Ginty was dead. 而 died 是动词 die 的过去式及过去分 词, 如: She died in 1960.但英语中如表达出对某人去世的伤感说法是 pass away, 如:My father passed away, this morning.? deer ? [误] In the zoo, there are many deers.? [正] In the zoo, there are many deer.? [析] deer 是单、 复数同形的词, one deer, deer, 如: two 这样的名词还有 fish, sheep 等。但如果讲 There are many fishes here. 这句话应译为&这里有许多种鱼 类。&而不应译为&这里有很多鱼。&? desk ? [误] The boy sat in his desk.? [正] The boy sat at his desk.? [析] 在课桌旁坐着应用介词 at, 而 at desk 则应译为&在学习&,at table 应译 为&在吃饭&。? die ? [误] In South Africa many people died from cancer.? [正] In South Africa many people died of cancer.? [误] The old man died of overwork.? [正] The old man died from overwork.? [析] 死于疾病应用 die of,而死于某种外因事故则多用 from.? [误] His mother is died.? [正] His mother is dead.? [误] The old woman was dead at the age of seventy.? [正] The old woman died at the age of seventy.? [析] dead 是形容词,而 die 是动词。形容词表示状态,动词则表示动作。? [误] He died in a traffic accident.? [正] He was killed in a traffic accident.? [析] 由于事故而造成的死亡一般用 to be killed.? [误] When the doctor came,the old man had already died.? [正] When the doctor came,the old man was already dead.? [正] The old man died before the doctor came.? different ? [误] My room is different with yours.? [正] My room is different from yours.? [误] The village is very different with what it was.? [正] The village is very different from what it was.? [析] different from 是&与……不同&之意。? difficult ? [误] English is very difficult to be learned.? [正] English is very difficult to learn.? [误] He learned physics is difficult.? [正] It is very difficult for him to learn physics.? [析] 要学习英语的表达法而不要生硬地按字去译中文。It is difficult for somebody to do something.为&对于某人来说做某事很困难。&? difficulty ? [误] There was little difficulty to find him.? [正] There was little difficulty in finding him.? [析] 这种用法还有 trouble, 即 difficulty (trouble) in doing something. dinner ? [误] When did you have the supper?? [正] When did you have supper?? [析] 英语中一日三餐前无冠词,例如:? [误] I had a lunch at 12 o'clock.? [正] I had lunch at 12 o'clock.? [析] 在某些特定场合, 如指某次宴会, 则要加冠词, 如: The dinner was given in honour of the guest.? dress ? [误] My father bought a new dress for himself yesterday.? [正] My father bought a new suit for himself yesterday.? [析] 一般来讲男套装用 suit,女服则用 dress;作男服的服装店是 tailor shop (tailor's), 而做女装的服装店是 dressmaker's.? [误] The mother dressed the clothes on her child.? [正] The mother dressed her child.? [析] dress 作及物动词当&穿衣服&讲时,其后不能接衣服而只能接人,如: The boy is still too young to dress himself. 但作为一种穿着打扮的状态时,则多 用其过去分词作形容词,如:He is not dressed in his new suit.或 She is dressed in red. 词组 dress up 是过节日时应服装整齐,如:They dressed up for the holiday. dress have on put on wear ? 要区别这几个动词需分清是表示动作的动词还是表示状态的动词。表示状态的 动词是 have on 和 wear,如:He has on a white coat. He was wearing heavy shoes. 而 put on 则表示穿衣的动作,如:Put on your coat,it is cold outside.而 dress 即可 以作状态又可以作动作,作动作讲时其后面接人而不能接衣服,作穿着状态时 则多用 dressed 的形式。 I saw a lady dressed in red. I saw a girl dressing herself. 如: ? drop ? [误] The students fell their voice.? [正] The students dropped their voice.? [析] drop 与 fall 都可以表示&落下、掉下&之意,有时可以互换,如:The dictionary fell (dropped) from the table. 但 drop 还可以作及物动词,而 fall 一般 只能作不及物动词。? [误] I shall drop in you.? [正] I shall drop in on you.? [析] drop in 是随便拜访某人,而其后要接人时应加介词 on 再加人称。? during ? [误] During I was sick,I couldn't eat well.? [正] While I was sick,I couldn't eat well.? [析] during 后不能接从句,而 when 和 while 后可接从句。? [误] I have been studying English during three days.? [正] I have been studying English for three days.? [析] during 不能表达一个动作持续多长的时间,而只能表达在某段时间内某 事件的发生。即带有由 during 引导的时间状语的句子只能用过去时,不能用完 成时。?E? each ? [误] Every of them has his habit.? [正] Each of them has his habit.? [析] each 可以作形容词,但也可作代词,而 every 只能作形容词。? [误] The manager comes to America almost each month.? [正] The manager comes to America almost every month.? [析] each 与 every 都作形容词讲时,都有&每个&之意,但有不同。each 多指 个体,而 every 则多指整体。如:We want every student to succeed. each 不同来 表达总体概念,所以不能与 almost, nearly, likely 等词连用。? [误] We each has a book.? [正] We each have a book.? [析] each 作同位语时,其数应与其同位的名词相同,而 each 作主语时则应 取其单数形式。 ? each other one another ? each other 与 one another 这两个词组的区别在很多语法书中强调 each other 是两 者之间, one another 是多者之间, 而 其实不然, All students must care for each 如: other, must love and help each other. 事实上这两个词组是同义的,如果要讲有什 么区别的话,当我们非常笼统地谈,而不特指什么人时,多用 one another.? early ? [误] Could you come here more early?? [正] Could you come here earlier?? [析] 单音节和少数双音节副词的比较级和最高级要用? er 和? est 来作其结 尾,如 fast, soon, early, hard, long, near 等。? earth ? [误] What on the earth do you mean?? [正] What on earth do you mean?? [析] on earth 这一词组在句中为的是加强语气,其意为&究竟&、&到底&。而 作为&地球&讲时则要加定冠词,如:How far is the earth from the moon. 而作为& 泥土&讲时则为不可数名词,如:He filled the pot with earth and wanted to plant some flowers.? easy ? [误] You can easy imagine my surprise.? [正] You can easily imagine my surprise.? [析] easy 只在有限的词组中被用作副词,如 take it easy (不要紧张),go easy, stand easy 等。 例如: Easy come, easy go. (钱来的容易花的也快. )Easier said than done. (说的容易做着难。) ? east ? [误] Japan is on the east of China.? [正] Japan is to the east of China.? [析] 在讲述地理位置时,有 3 个介词常用,它们是 in, on 和 to, 其中 in 表示 处于所表达的范围之内, Shanghai is in the east of China. on 则表示双方接壤, 如: 如: North Korea is on the northeast of China. 而表示互不相接的两部分时则用 to, 如:Taiwan is to the east of Fujian.? either ? [误] -I don't like opera. ?-I don't like too. ? [正] -I don't like opera. ?-I don't like either. ? [析] 在否定句中用 either 表示&也&,而在肯定句中用 too 表示&也&。? [误] Either you or I are right.? [正] Either you or I am right.? [析] 这在语法书中被称作就近原则,即哪个主语离谓语动词近,则应采用与 哪个主语相一致的谓语动词,相同用法的还有 neither…nor…,not only…but also…,以及 or 在连接两个主语时。如:You or he is to go home. The others will have to stay in the classroom.? elder ? [误] My older brother has gone to Shanghai.? [正] My elder brother has gone to Shanghai.? [析] 在表示兄姐的长幼时应用 elder 表示&哥哥姐姐&,如:my elder sister 姐 姐,但表示岁数时则多用 older,如:She is two years older than I.? empty ? [误] Are these seats empty?? [正] Are these seats taken?? [析] empty 是指空洞的没有任何物体,如:The house was empty, 其意思是 没有任何家具或屋内无人。但座位是否有人坐应用 take.? English ? [误] My sister studied English language very well.? [正] My sister studied the English language very well.? [正] My sister studied English very well.? [析] 在泛指某一种学科时,不应加冠词,如:I like history.但如特指某一门 学科时则应加冠词,如:He likes the history of America.? enjoy ? [误] I enjoy to play football.? [正] I enjoy playing football.? [析] enjoy 后要接动名词,而不接不定式。? [误] Did you enjoy at the English evening?? [正] Did you enjoy yourself at the English evening?? enough ? [误] I'm sorry. You are not studying enough carefully.? [正] I'm sorry. You are not studying carefully enough.? [析] enough 要用在形容词或副词之后。? [误] Do you have enough of money?? [正] Do you have enough money?? [正] Do you have enough of the money?? [误] The coffee isn't enough.? [正] There isn't enough coffee.? [析] enough 可以作 be 动词的表语, 但其主语应是代词, 如: That's enough. It was ? enough.? 如果是名词时应换用上面的句型。? entrance ? [误] The entrance of the cinema is on your right.? [正] The entrance to the cinema is on your right.? [析] 在表示通往某处时 entrance 后面多用 to 作介词。这样的用法还有 key to the door, answer to the question 等。? evening ? [误] I walked home in a cold evening.? [正] I walked home on a cold evening.? [析] in the evening 这一词组如加上另外的修饰词则其介词应换为 on.? everyone ? [误] Everyone of you goes to class.? [正] Every one of you goes to class.? [析] everyone 其后不能接 of 结构。在否定句中如果要讲&每一个人都没有注 意到它&,就译作:Nobody noticed it. 要注意 Every one of us is not right. 应译为 &我们不都对。&而 None of us are right. 才应译为&我们全错了。&? exam ? [误] We take part in an exam.? [正] We take an exam.? [析] take part in 为&参加&某种活动,运动,而在学科中选择某一学科学习并 进行考试应用 take.? except ? [误] The room is clean except two desks.? [正] The room is clean except for two desks.? [误] I come here every day except for Sunday.? [正] I come here every day except Sunday.? [析] 在同一类物体中排除某一部分用 except, 在不同类物体中排除某一物体 时用 except for。而 except that 其后接从句,如:She is a good girl except that she is careless sometimes. ?而 besides 则是&包括在内&,如&我学习英语同时还学法 语。&应译为:I study English besides French.? exercise ? [误] The students exercise spoken English in the morning.? [正] The students practise spoken English in the morning.? [析] exercise 多指运动、训练,而 practise 则多指把理论付诸于实践的练习。 ? [误] Everyone should do exercises every day.? [正] Everyone should do exercise every day.? [析] 作为运动讲 exercise 是不可数名词,而当&练习&、&体操&、&早操&则是 可数名词,例如:I do a lot exercises in the P.E. class.?F?fail ? [误] Tom failed his exam.? [正] Tom failed in his exam.? [正] Tom failed to pass the exam.? [析] fail 为不及物动词,其后可用 in 加名词,或直接接不定式。? family ? [误] I'm sorry I have to go. Tom's families are waiting for me.? [误] I'm sorry I have to go. Tom's family is waiting for me.? [正] I'm sorry I have to go. Tom's family are waiting for me.? [析] family 是集合名词,把它当作整体看它是单数,如看作家庭中的每个成 员则为复数。如:Your family are very kind to me. My family is very large.? far ? [误] My school is ten miles far from here.? [正] My school is ten miles away from here.? [析] far 一般不与实际距离连用。? [误] &Did you walk far?& ?&Yes,I walked far.& ? [正] &Did you walk far?& ?&Yes, I walked a long way.& ? [析] 一般肯定句中不用 far 单独作状语,而用 a long way.far 组成的常用词组 有:as far as. ①远至,一直到。如:He walked as far as the station. ②就……而 言。 As far as he was concerned these books were very good. ③只要。 I can 如: 如: help you as far as I can.? so for 到目前为止。例:He is very well so far.? farther further ? far 有两个比较级,即 farther 和 further,其意思略有不同:farther 主要用于表示 距离的远近, 如: Milan is farther away than Rome. 而 further 则是指&进一步的&, 如:Will we need any further discussion on this matter.? fast ? [误] A fast train runs fastly.? [正] A fast train runs fast.? [析] fast 其形容词与副词形式相同。? fast soon ? fast 指行动本身的速度快, 如: The foreigner speaks too fast. 而 soon 则多指两个 动作之间间隔短,时间到来的迅速,如:She will come soon.? feel ? [误] I feel badly about my mistakes.? [正] I feel bad about my mistakes.? [析] 感观动词如 feel, smell 等后面要接形容词而不是副词。feel good 是指某 人精神好,而 feel well 是指人身体状况良好。? [误] I try not to hurt her feeling.? [正] I try not to hurt her feelings.? [析] feeling 在作&感情&讲时要用复数,而作&感觉&讲则要用单数。如:I have a feeling that we will win the game.? few ? [误] Few of them is very good.? [正] Few of them are very good.? [析] few 意为&几乎没有&, 但要用复数谓语动词。 如果讲有一些人应用 a few, 如:There were only a few people in the street.? [误] There are less farms than there used to be.? [正] There are fewer farms than there used to be.? [析] few 的比较级为 fewer,其后接可数名词;而 little 的 比较级为 less,其 后接不可数名词。? field ? [误] He is a famous scientist on the field of physics.? [正] He is a famous scientist in the field of physics.? [析] in the field 是&在田野上&或是&在某一学科领域内&,而 on the field 则多 指&在战场上&。如:He lost his life on the battle field.? fill ? [误] She filled orange into my glass.? [正] She filled my glass with orange.? [析] 表示要用某种物品装满某容器时要用 fill with 词组, The boy ran back 如: home filled with joy.? fill full ? fill 是动词,但有及物与不及物两种用法,当表示&充满&之意时是不及物动词, 应用 fill with,如:The little girl's eyes filled with tears. 而当表示&使……装满某 物&时,是及物动词,如:He filled his pocket with books. 而 be filled with 应看作 系表结构,如:The boy's mother was filled with anger. full 是形容词,要用 be full of 这一词组,如:The boy was full of joy.? find ? [误] He has finded his lost bike.? [正] He has found his lost bike.? [析] find 是不规则动词,其过去式和过去分词均是 found。但 found 一词又 意为&建立&,它是规则动词,其过去式及过去分词均为 founded.? [误] It is very difficult to look for a suitable job.? [正] It is very difficult to find a suitable job.? [析] look for 为&寻找&,而 find 是找到。寻找工作并不难,难的应是找到合 适的工作。? find find out ? find out 意为&找出、算出、发现&,如:I have found out how to do it. 而 find 的 主要侧重点在找到某物,如:I find my book under the desk.? finish ? [误] I finished to read that book last night.? [正] I finished reading that book last night.? [析] 英文中有些动词其后只能用动名词作宾语而不能用不定式作宾语, 这样 的动词在中考范围内有两个,即 finish 和 enjoy。? fire ? [误] There's no smoke without a fire.? [正] There's no smoke without fire.? [析] 此句应译为中文&无风不起浪&。fire 作为物质名词&火&讲时为不可数名 词, 而作为&炉火&、 &火灾&讲则是可数名词, 如: There was a fire in the next street last month. 如要讲&着火了&要用 be on fire, 如:The factory was on fire.? [误] The man fired to us.? [正] The man fired at us.? [析] fire (on) at 均指&向某目标开火&, 用于较小目标, on 用于较大目标。 at 而 ? first ? [误] Is this your firstly visit to Beijing?? [正] Is this your first visit to Beijing?? [析] 除了在强调第一、第二、第三等场合中有时还可见 firstly 一词外,这个 词已不多见,而均被 first 取代。first 还有&首先&、&首次&、&第一次&之意。 ? follow ? [误] I received a letter which ran as follow.? [正] I received a letter which ran as follows.? [析] as follows 是惯用法,其意为&如下&,不论在任何场合均要用 follows. ? [误] As follows are his arguments.? [正] The following are his arguments.? [析] as follows 主要用于句尾,而 the following 则用于句首。? food ? [误] Too much sweet food, such as cakes, chocolates,pastry…may increase your weight.? [正] Too many foods, such as cakes, chocolates,pastry…may increase your weight. [析] food 泛指食物时为不可数名词,如:There is no food for supper. 而指一 种种食物时则用作可数名词。? foot ? [误] There is a five ? feet ? wide bridge.? [正] There is a five ? foot ? wide bridge.? [析] 用连字符组成的形容词中所有名词均要用单数形式。? [误] We went to college on feet.? [正] We went to college on foot.? [析] by 后面加接交通工具时,不应加任何冠词,不要用名词的复数形式。 如加了某些修饰词后, 其前面的介词要作适当的改变, I came to school in his 如: car yesterday. I go to shool on a train.? for ? [误] I wanted to go to the pub for having a drink.? [正] I wanted to go to the pub for a drink.? [正] I wanted to go to the pub to have a drink.? [析] 用 for 表示目的时,其后面只能接名词,而不要接动名词。? [误] I went to the office for seeing the headmaster.? [正] I went to the office to see the headmaster.? [析] 用不定式来表示动作的目的。? [误] I will leave Beijing to Shanghai.? [正] I will leave Beijing for Shanghai.? [正] I will leave for Shanghai.? [析] leave for 为一固定搭配,不要改动。? [误] I bought a book to you.? [正] I bought a book for you.? [误] He is a friend for us.? [正] He is a friend to us.? [析] 在英文中&为&一词在泛指时用 to, 在特指时要用 for.? [误] This food is good to us.? [正] This food is good for us.? [析] 词组 be good (bad) for 表示&对……有好(坏)处&。? [误] For I was feeling quite hungry, I wanted to have lunch.? [正] I wanted to have lunch, for I was feeling quite hungry.? [析] for 作为&因为&讲时一般不要置于句首,而且口气也比 because 弱的多。 ? forget ? [误] I left my key.? [正] I left my key at home.? [正] I forgot my key.? [析] leave 是&丢下&之意,所以一定要接地点状语,而 forget 是&忘记&,所以 不用接地点状语。? [误] I will not forget the rules.? [正] I will never forget the rules.? [误] Please don't forget posting my letter on your way home.? [正] Please don't forget to post my letter on your way home.? [析] 要注意 forget to do something 为&忘了去作某事&,而 forget doing something 则应译为&对已经作过的事记不起来了&。如:He forget returning the book to the library. 应译为&他忘记已把书还给图书馆这件事了。&同样用法的词 还有 remember 和 regret.? free ? [误] You can speak free in front of my parents.? [正] You can speak freely in front of my parents.? [析] free 作为副词时意为&免费&、&不必付款&,如:You can eat free in my restaurant. 而 freely 则意为&自由地&、&无限制地&。? French ? [误] She comes from French.? [正] She comes from France.? [析] French 是&法语&、&法国的&,而 France 才是&法国&。 ? friend ? [误] He nodded to me friendly.? [正] He nodded to me in a friendly fashion.? [析] friendly 是形容词,不是副词。在英语中应避免讲 He is a friend of my mother. 又比如:I go to school with my friend. 从语法上讲是对的但不是习惯上 英语的说法。而应讲 He is a friend of my mother's. I go to school with a friend. be friends with 则是&交朋友&之意,例如:I hope you will be friends with me. 而不 应讲 I hope you will be my friend. 交朋友还有一惯用法是 make friends.? from ? [误] Where do you come from?? I come from the library. ? [正] Where do you come from?? I come from England. ? [正] Where did you come from?? I came from the library. ? [析] Where do you come from?应意为&你是从什么国家(地方)来的?&(即意为& 你是哪的人?&)而 Where did you come from? 才是&你刚刚从哪来?&? front ? [误] There are three tall trees in the front of my house.? [正] There are three tall trees in front of my house.? [析] in front of 是某物体外部的前面,而 in the front of 是在某物体内部的前 面。如:The bus driver is seated in the front of the bus.?G?game ? [误] He went to America to take part in the Olympic Game.? [正] He went to America to take part in the Olympic Games.? [析] game 作为&运动会&讲时应用其复数形式,而具体一个游戏则可用其单 数形式。如:Our school team won the game.? German ? [误] They are Germen.? [正] They are Germans.? [误] She comes from German.? [正] She comes from Germany.? [析] German 是&德国人&、&德国的&、&德语&,其复数形式是 Germans;而 Germany 才是德国。? gather ? [误] All the students and teachers are gathered together now.? [正] All the students and teachers are gathered now.? [析] 用了动词 gather 就不要再用 together 了。这句话还可以这样讲:All the students and teachers got together.? give ? [误] She gives up to look for the lost bike.? [正] She gives up looking for the lost bike.? [析] give up 意为&放弃&,其后只接动名词作介词宾语,而不应接不定式。 ? glad ? [误] His parents were very glad for his success in business.? [正] His parents were very glad of his success in business.? [正] His parents were very glad to know his success in business.? [析] &为……感到高兴&应是 be glad of something 或 be glad to do something. ? glass ? [误] The old teacher has two pair of big glass.? [正] The old teacher has two pairs of big glasses.? [析] glass 作为&眼镜&讲,应用复数形式,在英语中手套 gloves 裤子 pants, 剪刀 scissors 均用复数形式。glass 作&玻璃杯&讲时则可用单数形式或复数形式, 如:I want two glasses of milk. 而作为物质名词&玻璃&讲则要用作不可数名词, 如:The boy broke two panes of glass.? go ? [误] -Mary, could you come to my home now??-Yes, I'm going. ? [正] -Mary, could you come to my home now?? -Yes, I'm coming. ? [析] go 是指离开说话人所在地,而 come 指的是朝向说话人的方向:如: Come here!Can I come and help you?但在口语中也有一些例外,如表示要参加到 某人或者某件活动时常用 come, 如:We are going to have a party tonight. Would you like to come with us?? gone been ? He has gone to Shanghai. 指此人已去上海不在此地了。? He has been to Shanghai. 指此人去过上海现已回来了。? gold ? [误] She brushed her gold hair carefully.? [正] She brushed her golden hair carefully.? [析] gold 作形容词指&金质的&,如:a gold ring, a gold coin,而 golden 是& 金色的&,如:golden age(金色的时代),但&金鱼&例外,为 gold fish。 ? good ? [误] I've been waiting for good twenty minutes.? [正] I've been waiting for a good twenty minutes.? [析] a good 之意为&足足&、&整整&之意。? good well ? He is good. 应译为&他是个好人。 He is well. 应译为&他身体不错。 feel good. &而 &I 即精神状态良好,而 I feel well.即身体状况不错。? [误] This food is very good to you.? [正] This food is very good for you.? [析] be good for 是&对……有利、有好处&,而 be good to 是指&对待某人不错 &,如:Your friend is very good to me.? grade ? [误] -What grade are you in??-I'm in grade 1. ? [正] -What grade are you in??-I'm in Gread 1. ? [析] 当泛指那一年级时 grade 的头一个字母小写, 当有具体数字时则要大写。 ?H?had better ? [误] You have better hurry.? [正] You had better hurry.? [析] had better 只用过去时 had,不要误用成现在时 have。? [误] You hadn't better worry.? [正] You had better not worry.? [析] had better 后面加不带 to 的不定式, 其否定式是&had better not+动词原形 &。? half ? [误] I had driven about half mile.? [正] I had driven about half a mile.? [析] &半小时&有两种讲法 half an hour, a half hour. 而&一个半小时&应讲 an hour and a half 或 one and a half hours.&半天&应讲 half a day,&半镑&应讲 half a pound.但要尽量避免使用 half a year,而应用 six months;不用 half a month, 而 用 two weeks 或 fifteen days.? [误] Half us could go to the park.? [正] Half of us could go to the park.? [析] half 用于名词前可用 of 结构也可不用 of 结构,但用于代词前则必须加 of。如:More than half (of) my classmates are boys.? [误] One and half apples are left on the table.? [正] One and half apples is left on the table.? [析] 一个半 one and half 后面的名词要用复数,而句中的谓语动词却要用单 数。? [误] Half of the work are done.? [正] Half of the work is done.? [误] Half of the six apples is red.? [正] Half of the six apples are red.? [析] &half of+名词&这一结构后面的谓语动词应与 of 后面的名词相一致,如 为不可数名词或可数名词单数,要用单数谓语动词;而复数名词后面要加与复 数相对应的谓语动词。? hand ? [误] He shook hand with his teacher.? [正] He shook hands with his teacher.? [析] 与某人握手要用 shake hands. 与 hand 有关的词组中有很多要用复数形 式,如:change hands (转手、易手),in the hands of (由……控制),join hands (与 人合作)。? happen ? [误] What was happened to you last month?? [正] What happened to you last month?? [误] An accident was happened in this street last night.? [正] An accident happened in this street last night.? [析] 在英语中不及物动词没有被动态,作为&发生&讲的 happen,take place 和 break out 都不具有被动态。happen to 常用来表达一件偶然发生的事,如:If you happen to meet my sister please ask her to call me.? hard ? [误] I have to study hardly.? [正] I have to study hard.? [析] hard 是形容词,如:a hard work,但它同时也是副词。hardly 是 hard 的 又一副词形式,但词意截然不同,意为&几乎不&。? [误] I had my leg broken last term, so I couldn't hardly study at all.? [正] I had my leg broken last term so I hardly studied at all.? [析] hardly 意为&否定&,所以不要再加否定词语了,如果 hardly 用于句首则 应采用倒装语序,如:Hardly had he arrived when she started complaining.? have ? [误] I had my boy do his homework from morning till noon.? [正] I had my boy doing his homework from morning till noon.? [析] 用 have somebody do something 还是 doing something 要取决句子的意思 和句中的时间状语。? [误] I have my bike to repair.? [正] I have my bike repaired.? [析] have something done 这一句型是让某事被别人去作,请看下面两句意义 的不同:I have repaired my bike. (我自己已修好了自行车。)而 I have my bike repaired.(我把车推出去让别人修理了。)? [误] Could you give me some money if you have.? [正] Could you give me some money if you have any.? [析] &如果你有的话&一句译为英文应加上 any 一词, 如:I want some books if there is any.? headache ? [误] I've got headache.? [正] I've got a headache.?

我要回帖

更多关于 英语词组固定搭配 的文章

随机推荐