A man and his wife had a small restaurant英语怎么读 near a

阅读理解 A man and his wife had a small restaurant near a station. The restaurant often stayed open until after midnight, because people came to drink and have meals while they were waiting for trains. A 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
  A man and his wife had a small restaurant near a station. The restaurant often stayed open until after midnight, because people came to drink and have meals while they were waiting for trains.
  At two o'clock one morning, a farmer was still sitting at a table there. He was asleep. The wife of the owner of the restaurant was very sleepy and wanted to go to bed. She looked at the farmer several times and waited for him to wake and go, but each time she looked at the farmer, he was still there sleeping. Then at last she went to her husband and said to him, “You have waken him six times now, but why haven't you sent him away? It's very late.”
  “Oh, no. I don' t want to send him away,” answered her husband.“You see, whenever I wake him up, he asks for his bill (帐单), and when I give him the bill, he pays it and then goes to sleep again.”
1.Who was the owner of the small restaurant?
A.The farmer.
B.The wife.
C.The husband.
D.Both the men and the wife.
2.Why did people come to drink in the restaurant after midnight?
A.Because they liked the restaurant.
B.Because it was near the station and people could eat there while waiting for trains.
C.Because it was cheap to eat there.
D.Because you could sleep there after meal.
3.Why was the farmer asleep at a table?
A.Because he had missed the train.
B.Because he was too tired.
C.Because he was drunk.
D.The story does not tell us.
4.The wife wanted to send the farmer away because ________.
A.she was sleepy and wanted to go to bed
B.she didn't like him
C.she wanted to clean the table
D.she wanted the farmer to pay more
5.The husband didn't want to send the farmer away because each time he woke him up, he could get ________ money from him.
A.muchB.more
C.lessD.little
答案:C;B;D;A;B
练习册系列答案
科目:初中英语
 When Mike and Kate were coming home from school yesterday afternoon, they saw a crowd of people.
 Mike and Kate joined the crowd. They were surprised to see two thieves in the street. The thieves were running out of the bank. They were holding bags full of money. The bank manager was running after them.
 A policeman was standing among the crowd, but he didn't do anything.
 “Quick!” Mike shouted to the policeman,
“Can't you see those thieves?”
 The policeman smiled. He pointed at a big camera.
“We're making a film,” he said.
“Those men aren't real thieves. They're actors. And I'm not a real policeman, either. I'm an actor,
1.Mike and Kate saw a crowd of people on their way
    .    [  ]
A. to the school       &
B. to the cinema
C. home          
D. to the shop
2. Why were the children surprised? Because they saw
    .    ]A.
a policeman        B. two thieves
C. a bank manager      
D. an actor
3. The thieves were running away     .    [  ]
A. with much money      B. in a car
C. with bags of books &&
   D. with cameras
4. The policeman saw the thieves,     .    [  ]
A. and he did something  &&
 B. but he did anything
C. and caught them     
 D. but he did nothing
5. What were the “policeman” and the
“thieves” doing? They were
A. taking photos        B. putting on the play
C. making a film        D. playing a game
阅读理解。  A lot of people went to the hill in the south of the country for their holidays. This time the town by the side of the hill invited(邀请) some good singers to sing in the park, so that (这样) the people could have something to do in the evening. They sung every evening for a week.  But on the first evening it rained. The singers were under cover (遮盖物), but the people had to sit in the open (露天). The singers sang very well, but there was only one person (人) listening. The man was sitting in a chair, under an umbrella (伞).  After some time, one of the singers came over to the man and said, "I'm sure you like music (音乐), don't you? It's so kind of you to sit here and listen to us."  "No," said the man, "I don't like music at all. Please finish at once and then I'm going to close the gate and go home."
  根据短文内容,选择最佳答案
  1) A lot of people come to the town to ______.[  ]
  A. sing in the park  B. listen to music  C. have a holiday
  2) The singers came to sing in the evening because ______.[  ]
  A. they must have something to do
  B. they were invited (被邀请) to do so
  C. it was raining
  3) The singers had to (不得不) ______ while (当…的时候) it was raining.[  ]
  A. sit in the open  B. sing  C. stop
  4) ______ liked to hear the singers that evening.[  ]
  A. Nobody  B. May people  C. Only one person
  5) The man wanted to close the gate because ______ .[  ]
  A. it was raining
  B. he wanted to go home
  C. it was his work
    There is a small shop in our school. We can buy exercise books,pens, colour pencils and so on in this shop. We can buy some food
  like bread, chocolate and orange juice there, too. Some of the things are cheap. The shop assistants(营业员)are very friendly
  to us. They all work very hard. The shop is open from 8:00 a. m. to 4:00 p. m., so the teachers and the students can buy things when
  (当)they are at school.
  判断下列句子是否符合短文内容,符合的用“T”表示,不符合的用“F”表示。
  1. We have a small shop in our school.&
    (  )
  2. We can buy only things for study in the shop.
                         (  )
  3. All the things in the shop are cheap.
  (  )
  4. The shop isn't open after 4 o'clock in the afternoon.
                         (  )
  5. The shop is for the teachers and the students in our school.
                         (  )
来源:101网校同步练习 初一英语 外研版课标本 外研版课标本
  Eric Wilson, the reporter from Lifestyle Magazine, interviews two persons on how they spend their day.Read what they say and answer some questions.
  My name’s Stella.I usually leave at around eight fifteen.It takes me around forty minutes, and we start at nine-sharp.I take a coffee break at eleven, and then have my lunch at one o’clock.Pretty much the same hours as most people, I guess.I generally get home around six o’clock, have a snack, and then watch the news on TV at seven.I eat around eight, watch more TV or read a book, and try to be in bed by ten.Pretty boring, really, but that’s life.
  My name’s Sophie.You ask my daily routine---that’s kind of a strange thing to ask.Still, if you really want to know…I get up around eleven thirty, and I hang out and read the paper and drink some tea.Then I go to the gym around twelve thirty, till about one fifteen, I guess.Well, then I might do some shopping or visit a friend.I usually have something to eat around three thirty, and I leave home at six thirty, and get to work around seven.I work until eleven.I’m usually home by eleven thirty.I have a meal, watch TV or a video, and try and be in bed by one o’clock.Unusual, maybe, but I like it.
What does around mean in the sentence “I usually leave at around eight fifteen.”
在……周围
What does the sentence “We start at nine-sharp” mean?
We start earlier than nine o’clock.
We start at 9 o’clock.
We start later than 9 o’clock
We start at almost ten.
The word “unusual” probably means ________.
interesting
After work, what does Stella do before supper?
visit friends
do some shopping
read a book
How long does it take Sophie to get to work?
forty-five minutes
half an hour
forty minutes
What does Stella do when Sophie on her way home from work?
She is in bed.
She hangs out.
She takes a coffee break.
She watches a video.
Which job do you think is possible for Sophie?
She’s a student.
She’s a doctor.
She’s a teacher.
She’s a singer.
(阅读理解)
  One day an American went to a small town in South America for his holiday.
Few people went there because it was far away from the cities.He felt ill(生病) and wanted to see a doctor very much.
  The American went to find out how he could find a fine doctor there.A man told him,“That's very easy.If there is a patient(病人) that a doctor can't cure(治愈),the doctor has to put a balloon over his clinic(诊所).”
  The American thought,“The fewer balloons there are,the finer the doctor is.”He began to look for the finest doctor along the street.First he found a clinic.There were 20 balloons.After a few minutes he found another one?0 balloons.He thought neither doctor was fine.
  At last he found the third clinic.Only 5 balloons were there.He was very happy and went in.
  “Wait a minute,”said the doctor,“I'm too busy,you know.This clinic opened only yesterday.”The American was very surprised(感到吃惊) and said to himself, “Where can I find the finest doctor?”(1)
_____ went to the small town for the holiday.
  A.Few people
B.No one  
C.Everyone  
D.A lot of people
The American wanted to see a doctor because _____ .
  A.he didn't feel well
B.he was very happy
  C.he was very tired  
D.his leg was hurt
There were _____ balloons over the second clinic than the first one.
A.less B.more C.better D.worse
The doctor in the third clinic was _____ .
  A.a new doctor
B.an old doctor
  C.the finest  
D.better than the first one
How long was the third clinic over there?
  A.A week.
B.Two days.
C.A month.
D.A few days.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号您所在位置: &
&nbsp&&nbsp&nbsp&&nbsp
大专班英语考试题(A).doc 5页
本文档一共被下载:
次 ,您可全文免费在线阅读后下载本文档。
下载提示
1.本站不保证该用户上传的文档完整性,不预览、不比对内容而直接下载产生的反悔问题本站不予受理。
2.该文档所得收入(下载+内容+预览三)归上传者、原创者。
3.登录后可充值,立即自动返金币,充值渠道很便利
大专班英语考试题(A)
你可能关注的文档:
··········
··········
大专班英语期末考试题(A)
一.选择填空 (30%)
)1. ---You watched the film yesterday, didn’t you?
I missed the beginning.
)2. You must try
A. making us to understand
B. to make us to understand
C. to make us understand
D. make us understand
)3. --- I’m sorry I
my exercise book at home.
--- Don’t forget
it to school tomorrow, please.
A. forgot, to take
B. left, to bring
C. forgot, to bring
D. left, to take
)4. It’s necessary ________ us _______ read English every day.
B. for, to
C. for, for
)5. Our teachers always tell us
in the class.
A. not run
B. don't run
C. not to run
D. not running
)6. They had a wonderful time
A. to chat on the Internet
B. chatting on the Internet
C. to chat in the Internet
D. chatting in the Internet
)7. Mrs Smith and her twins
the dancing club.
A. is going to join
B. is going to join in
C. are going to join
D. are going to join in
)8. This piano is too big. Can you make_______ for it?
A.??a space
B. some spaces
C. some rooms
D. some space
)9. --- Do you know if Tom
fishing in the afternoon?
--- I’m not sure. But if he
go, I won’t go, either.
A. goes, won’t
B. goes, doesn’t
C. will go, doesn’t
D. will go, won’t
)10. Could you tell me
at the meeting?
A. what did he say
B. what does he say
C. what is he saying
D. what he said
)11. What place will you choose
A. to visit
B. visiting
D. visited
)12. Hainan is the second
island in China.
B. the larger
C. the largest
D. largest
)13. _____ tins of dog food can we buy _____ the
正在加载中,请稍后...阅读理解. A man and his wife had a small restaurant near a train station. The restaurant often stayed open until after midnight, because people came to drink and have meals while they were waiting for tr 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
阅读理解。&&&& A man and his wife had a small restaurant near a train station. The restaurant often stayed open until after midnight, because people came to drink and have meals while they were waiting for trains. &&&&& At two o'clock one morning, a farmer was still sitting at a table there. He was asleep. The wife of the owner of the restaurant was very sleepy and wanted to go to bed. She looked at the farmer several times and waited for him to wake and go, but each time she looked, the farmer was still there sleeping. Then at last she went to her husband and said to him,"You have woken him six times now, but why haven't you sent him away? It's very late." &&&& "Oh, no, I don't want to send him away," answered her husband with a smile."You see, whenever I wake him up, he asks for his bill, and when I give him the bill, he pays it and then goes to sleep again." 1. The persons who come to the restaurant are those who _____. A. want to stay for night B. want to meet friends C. wait for the train D. want to look for trains2. The wife did not go to bed because she was waiting for the farmer to _____. A. get on the train B. talk C. pay his bill D. wake up and go 3. The underlined phrase"send…away" may mean _____. A. fire B. make somebody leave C. put away D. get on a bus 4. Why didn't the man send the farmer away? Because he wanted the farmer _____. A. to sleep a little longer B. to feel sleepy C. to give more money D. to have more food 5. From the passage we know the husband is _____. A. honest B. gentle C. greedy (贪婪的) D. warm-hearted
1-5: C D B C C
练习册系列答案
来源:2012年外研版初中英语九年级上Module 10 练习卷(解析版)
题型:阅读理解
阅读理解Fangfang, a 15-year-old Chinese girl, likeseating snacks very much. She prefers cream biscuits, McDonald’s food, KFC, andBeijing roast duck. Sometimes she eats two packages of biscuits a day. As aresult, she becomes overweight. Today in China, there are many childrenlike Fangfang. They like snacks. They don’t eat enough healthy foods likevegetables and fruit. It’s very bad for their health. Poor eating habits are aserious problem. Health experts say that children shouldhave healthy eating habits. First, they must eat regular meals and begin with agood breakfast. Second, they should have different kinds of foods, such asfruit, vegetables, grain, eggs, milk and meat and so on. Third, the childrenshouldn’t eat too many snacks and fried foods. They are delicious, but eatingtoo much of them is unhealthy. If children do as the experts say, theywon’t become fat. They will be healthier. Students won’t become tired atschool, and they will have enough energy to study well. 1.What does the underlined word“overweight” mean?
2. Fangfang becomes overweight, because_____.
A.she is an American girl
B.she has a balanced diet
C.she likes eating snacks
D.she likes vegetables soup
3. What kind of food is good for yourhealth?
A.Fast food.
B.Snacks.
C.Fried food.
D.Vegetables and fruit.
4. If students do as the experts say, theywill ______.
A.become fatter and fatter
B.become more and more beautiful
C.have enough energy to study
D.be healthier and more tired
5. Which of the following is True?
A.Eating snacks is good for your health.
B.Fangfang doesn’t like Beijng roast duck.
C.Fangfang comes from America.
D.Students shouldn’t eat too much fried food.
来源:2012年仁爱版初中英语八年级下册第七单元Topic3练习卷(解析版)
阅读理解In a small town,there lived a doctor. He was good and kind. He was ready to go and help people.People always went to him when they were ill.Many yearslater, the doctor began to forget things. People were afraid and little by little,they stopped going to him. The doctor saw his business wasn’t as good asbefore. He thought, “Well, if I was the patient (病人), I’d be afraid to go to me, too. Maybe it’s time forme to stop being a doctor. But this town has no doctor. What will the people dowhen they become ill? ”His wife heardhim talking to himself and said, “Why don’t you find a young doctor to takeyour place Then people will have another good doctor to take care of them and Iwill get my husband back.” The doctor likedwhat his wife said. He found a very good young doctor to help the people. Thedoctor and his wife then had time to take long walks together, go dancing, gotravelling and spend the rest(剩余部分) of their days together.根据短文内容,选择正确的答案1.What’s the story about?A. Ahusband&&&&&&&&B. Awife&&&&&&&&C. A smalltown&&&&&&&& D. A doctor2. The people ________the doctor when heforgot things.&&&&& A.helped&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. went to see&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. stopped goingto&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. forgot3. The doctor’s business wasn’t as good asbefore because ________.A. he was always ready to help peopleB. people were afraid of him and his wifeC. he was old and forgetfulD. he found a very good young doctor to helpthe people4. The expression “to take your place” in thepassage means .A. to take youhome&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. instead of youC. to take care ofyou&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. to take your time5. Which of the following is NOT true A. The old doctor agreed with what his wifesaid.B. The old doctor was still busy working atthe doctor’s.C. The people weren’t taken care of by theold doctor any more when he was old.D. The doctor and his wife had more time toenjoy their lives after the young doctor came.&
来源:2012年外研版初中英语九年级下Module 8 练习卷(解析版)
阅读理解(A)The students were having their chemistry(化学)class. Miss Li was tellingthe children what water was like. After that, she asked her students, “What’swater?” No one spoke for a few minutes. Miss Li asked again, “Why don’t youanswer my question? Didn’t I tell you what water is like?”Just then a boy put up his hand and said ,“Miss Li, you told us that water has no colour and no smell. But where to findsuch kind of water? The water in the river behind my house is always black andit has a bad smell。”Most of the children agreed with him.“I’m sorry, children.”, said the teacher,“Our water is getting dirtier and dirtier. That’s a problem.”1.The students were having their__________class.
A.English
B.Chinese
C.chemistry
2.Miss Li was telling the children what__________ was like.
D.weather
3.A boy said, “The water in river behind myhouse is always __________”.
4.Most of the children __________ the boy.
A.agreed with
B.wrote to  
C.heard from  
D.sent for
5.The water in the river has colour andsmell because it is getting _______
A.more and more   
B.less and less  
C.cleaner and cleaner   
D.dirtier and dirtier
来源:期中题
阅读理解。&&&& A lift is very useful.It looks like a small room. It goes up and down all day. Sometimes a worker stands in the lift. He or she operates (操作) it up and down. In modern lifts there's no worker. People walk in. They know what floor they want to go. They push a button (按钮) and the lift goes to that floor. It's very fast and easy.&&&& Lifts are very important to us. Why? Think about a tall building. Maybe it has twenty floors. Maybe it has fifty or &&(a)&& .Who can walk up all the stairs (楼梯)?&&&& Maybe people can climb them && (b)&& .Can someone climb thirty floors to an office every day? Can small children walk up to their room on the twenty-four floor? Can their mothers or father carry food up to all those stairs? Of course not. We can have very high buildings because&&we have lifts. We could not have all the beautiful tall buildings without lifts because it is too tired for people to climb the stairs every day.根据短文内容,回答问题或完成句子。1. What is "lift" in Chinese?&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 2. What does a worker do when he or she stands in the lift?&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&3.根据短文内容,分别写出(a)和(b)处所缺的单词。&& (a)____&&&& ______&&(b) ____&&&&______4. 将画线句子译成汉语。&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&5. Can you give a title for the passage?&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&__
来源:同步题
阅读理解。&&&& A lift is very useful. It looks like a small room. It goes up and down all day.Sometimes a worker stands in the lift. He or she operates(操作)it up and down. In modern lifts there's no worker. People walk in. They know which floor they want to go. They push a button(按钮)and the lift goes to that floor. It's very fast and easy.&&&& Lifts are very important to us. Why? Think about a tall building. Maybe it has twenty floors. Maybe it has fifty or more. Who can walk up all the stairs(楼梯)?Maybe people can climb them once. Can someone climb thirty floors to an office every day? Can small children walk up to their rooms on the twenty-fourth floor? Can their mothers or fathers carry food up to all those stairs? Of course not.&&&& We can have very high buildings because we have lifts. We could not have all the beautiful tall buildings without lifts. Because it is too tired for people to climb the stairs every day.根据短文内容,回答下列问题。
1. What is a lift like?&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&__2. What does a worker do when he or she stands in the lift?&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&__&3. Can small children walk up to their rooms on the twenty-fourth floor?&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&__4. Why do we have many high buildings?&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&____&&&&5. Can you give a title for the passage?&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&__
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号

我要回帖

更多关于 restaurant y 的文章

随机推荐