you're wrong. i mean, did you meanplay korean?

正确教育旗下网站
网校:13164所
24小时更新:3715
总量:5862491
陕西省西安中学2018届高三上学期10月月考英语试卷
陕西省西安中学2018届高三上学期10月月考英语试卷
时间: 9:07:53
下载量:50次
大小:169KB
所属学校:
所属资料:
文档简介为自动调取,可能会显示内容不完整,请您查看完整文档内容。
在手机端浏览文档
西安中学高 2018 届高三第一次月考
本试卷分第Ⅰ卷(选择题)和第Ⅱ卷(非选择题)两部分。 第Ⅰ卷
第一部分 听力(共两节,满分 30 分)
第一节(共 5 小题;每小题 1.5 分,满分 7.5 分)
听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项 中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你都有 10 秒钟的时 间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
What does the man want to do?
Reserve a cheap hotel.
Go to Mexico on business.
Relax and enjoy himself.
What will the woman get?
Carpet cleaner. B. A paper towel. C. A glass of wine.
Who is the woman?
She’s a teacher. B. She’s a student. C. She’s an assistant teacher.
Where are the speakers going?
To a swimming pool. B. To the beach. C. To a restaurant.
Why is the museum important?
It’s the first of its kind in Indonesia.
It will be built on a small island.
It’s a museum for old art.
第二节 (共 15 小题;每小题 1.5 分,满分 22.5 分)
听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的 A、B、 C 三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前,你将 有时间阅读各个小题,每小题 5 秒钟;听完后,各小题将给出 5 秒钟作答时间。每 段对话或独白读两遍。
听第 6 段材料,回答第 6、7 题。
How much does an entrance ticket cost?
Two dollars. B. Five dollars. C. Seven dollars.
How does the woman pay?
In cash. B. By check. C. By credit card.
听第 7 段材料,回答第 8 至 10 题。
Where did the tomato sauce come from?
A local farm. B. A store only five miles away. C. The man’s own tomatoes.
How long has the man been interested in cooking?
For only a short time. B. For his whole life. C. For quite a while.
What does the woman think of cooking?
She enjoys it.
She doesn’t have the patience for it.
It makes her feel creative.
听第 8 段材料,回答第 11 至 13 题。
What is the relationship between the speakers?
Interviewer and interviewee.
Husband and wife.
Neighbors.
Where did the man go to college?
In Washington. B. In Texas. C. In Nebraska.
What is the woman’s job?
She is a computer programmer. B. She is a banker. C. She is an artist.
听第 9 段材料,回答第 14 至 17 题。
What did Fitbit say about the recent study?
It was false. B. It hurt their business. C. They had no comment.
When does the man use his Fitbit?
Only when he’s exercising.
During the daytime.
All the time.
What does the man think of his Fitbit?
It’s uncomfortable to wear. B. It isn’t useful. C. It’s a good value
How does the woman sound?
Interested. B. Bored. C. Upset.
听第 10 段材料,回答第 18 至 20 题。
What is the speaker mainly talking about?
A free lesson website for teachers. B. A search engine. C. A language program.
Where is Luis von Ahn from?
Switzerland. B. Guatemala. C. Costa Rica.
How was Duolingo originally funded?
By big websites. B. By an actor. C. By schools.
第二部分 阅读理解(共两节,满分 40 分)
第一节 (共 15 题:每小题 2 分,满分 30 分)
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中,选出最佳选项, 并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
Sports are the base of my life, next to my mother who raised me when my dad left us. I have been into sports since I was six years old. I have known many coaches and heard hundreds of their tips, but they usually focused on drills to develop my skills and reach the next level of play.
When I was in Senior two, I met the new school basketball coach, Brian Pawloski. I thought I was certain to be selected for the school team since I had been in it the year before. I showed up to the tryouts and put out about 90% effort since I thought I’d make it with no problem. That was a big mistake.
Brian Pawloski is the hardest-working coach I have ever met. He didn’t expect 100% effort, he expected 200% effort. One example: he once made us do 40 suicide
drills for the 40 lay-ups(投篮) we missed in a game. Some think this is crazy, but it isn’t.
After this conditioning practice, as we were getting a cup of cold water to drink, I said, “Coach, that was the best practice I ever had.” I was completely sincere. This man was and is the person who influenced me most at my high school. He expects us to be excellent not just on the court but in the classroom. If I am not working on basketball, I am reading a book that he thinks will help us better understand life’s challenges, including Wooden, Coach and The Screwtape Letters.
In the first two years I slacked off, not putting forth my full potential. Now, unlike the coaches of my youth, this man was interested in how we did off the court. He always made sure I kept up with my studies and was able to be trusted. I can honestly say that no other coach has given me so much advice on how to succeed in basketball, but more importantly, in life. My school is lucky to have such a great person to teach, coach and influence their students. I will always remember my high-school basketball days as one of the hardest times I have ever worked in my life not only in basketball but in my growth as an individual.
Different from other coaches, Coach Brian .
concentrated on skill training
trained the team to the edge of death
expected the team to do well in their studies
asked the team to do more reading than training
The underlined phrase “slacked off” in the last paragraph probably means .
paid no attention B. showed no interest
C. had less passion D. made less effort
In the author’s eyes, Coach Brian is .
strict and helpful B. hardworking and honest
C. skilled and cruel D. professional and serious
The elephant was lying heavily on its side, fast asleep. A few dogs started barking
at it. The elephant woke up in a terrible anger: it chased the dogs into the village where they ran for safety. That didn’t stop the elephant. It destroyed a dozen houses and injured several people. The villagers were scared and angry. Then someone suggested calling Parbati, the elephant princess.
Parbati Barua’s father was a hunter of tigers and an elephant tamer. He taught Parbati to ride an elephant before she could even walk. He also taught her the dangerous art of the elephant round-up --- how to catch wild elephants.
Parbati hasn’t always lived in the jungle. After a happy childhood hunting with her father, she was sent to boarding school in the city. But Parbati never got used to being there and many years later she went back to her old life. “Life in the city is too dull. Catching elephants is an adventure and the excitement lasts for days after the chase,” she says.
But Parbati doesn’t catch elephants just for fun. “My work,” she says, “is to rescue man from the elephants, and to keep the elephants safe from man.” And this is exactly what Parbati has been doing for many years. Increasingly, the Indian elephant is angry: for many years, illegal hunters have attacked it and its home in the jungle has been reduced to small pieces of land. It is now fighting back. Whenever wild elephants enter a tea garden or a village, Parbati is called to guide the animals back to the jungle before they can kill.
The work of an elephant tamer also involves love and devotion. A good elephant tamer will spend hours a day singing love songs to a newly captured elephant. “Eventually they grow to love their tamers and never forget them. They are also more loyal than humans,” she said, as she climbed up one of her elephants and sat on the giant, happy animal. An elephant princess indeed!
For Parbati, catching elephants is mainly to .
get long lasting excitement B. keep both man and elephants safe
C. send them back to the jungle D. make the angry elephants tame
Before Parbati studied in a boarding school, .
she spent her time hunting with her father
she learned how to sing love songs
she had already been called an elephant princess
she was taught how to hunt tigers
Indian elephants are getting increasingly angry and they revenge because .
they are caught and sent for heavy work
illegal hunters capture them and kill them
they are attacked and their land gets limited
dogs often bark at them and chase them
The passage starts with an elephant story in order to explain that in India .
people easily fall victim to elephants’ attacks
the man-elephant relationship is getting worse
elephant tamers are in short supply
dogs are as powerful as elephants
Owls and Larks
Larks are most likely to be healthy, wealthy and wise, according to the old saying. But those who are early to bed and early to rise do not always have the upper hand,
researchers say. They have found that night owls are generally brighter and wealthier than those able to get up early in the morning.
Experts from the University of Madrid carried out tests on around 1,000 teenagers and found that those who preferred to stay up late demonstrated the kind of intelligence associated with honored jobs and higher incomes. ‘Larks’ or ‘morning people’, however, often acquired better exam results, possibly because lessons are held at the wrong time of day for night owls. The researchers examined the habits and body clocks of the youngsters to determine whether they liked to stay up late and sleep in later in the morning, or preferred to go to bed early and were at their peak in the morning. School
performance and inductive ( 归纳 的) intelligence, or problem solving, were measured
and academic grades in the major subjects were also taken into account. The results showed that evening types scored higher than morning types on inductive reasoning, which has been shown to be a good estimate of general intelligence and a strong indicator of academic performance. They also had a greater capacity to think conceptually as well as analytically. Such abilities have been linked to innovative thinking, more admired occupations and better incomes.
Famous night owls include President Obama, Charles Darwin, Winston Churchill, Keith Richards and Elvis Presley. George W Bush, who is regularly in bed by 10 pm, Thomas Edison, Napoleon, Condoleezza Rice who wakes at 4.30 am, and Ernest Hemingway are among those known as larks. Jim Horne, professor of psychophysiology at Loughborough University,
said: “Evening types tend to be the more active and creative types, the poets, artists and inventors, while the morning types are the deducers
(推断者), as are often seen with civil servants and accountants.” A previous study of US
Air Force recruits found evening types were much better at thinking to solve problems than larks.
What does the word “owl” mean in the text ?
A bird of prey that flies at night
A kind of person who stays up late
A kind of person who gets up early
A bird of prey that is a symbol of wisdom
The following features belong to night owls EXCEPT that .
Night owls are much healthier, wealthier and wiser
Night owls stay up late and sleep later in the morning
Night owls have a strong ability of inductive reasoning
Night owls are expert in analyzing and innovative thinking
What’s the author’s attitude towards night owls?
Doubtful. B. Objective. C. Subjective. D. Negative.
According to the passage, which of the following is true?
The early bird will catch the worm.
Morning types have a tendency to do some creative jobs.
Night owls usually do poorer in the examinations than larks.
President Obama and George W Bush are models of night owls.
Every day we are exposed to images, videos, music and news. In this age of visual
and aura(l
听觉的)hyper-stimulation(过度刺激), the medium of radio is making a great
“We’re at the beginning of a golden age of audio,” said US-based podcaster(播客)
Alex Blumberg in an article in The Sydney Morning Herald. In the last month alone, 15 percent of US adults listened to a radio podcast. These statistics, released by Edison Research, show the successful evolution of traditional radio broadcasts to the present day’s digital podcast format. The term “podcast” was invented in 2004, but the trend only started gaining mainstream popularity in recent years. With the sharp increase in consumer demand for smartphones and tablets, podcast sales have jumped.
The appeal of the podcast partly lies in its multiplatform delivery and on-demand capabilities ( 功能). You can listen during those extra minutes of the day when you’re
walking to the shops, waiting in a queue or riding the subway. Similar to television shows, podcasts are generally free to download and most offer new content every week.
Donna Jackson, 22, Sydney University media graduate, listens to podcasts two or three times a week, via iTurns. “I listen while I’m wandering around the house doing something else. It makes completing a boring task much more enjoyable… And it’s an easy way of keeping in touch with what’s going on in the rest of the world,” she said, “I mainly listen to BBC podcasts, but recently I’ve also been listening to This American Life and Serial. They have a special skill to really draw you in.”
Unlike television and music, the audio format has the potential to create a deep impression on readers. Blumberg says this owes to the podcast’s ability “to create close relationship and emotional connection.” Sydney University undergraduate Hazel Proust, majoring in social work and arts, agrees. “When you’re listening, it feels as if the voice of the podcast’s storyteller is talking directly to you. It’s comforting,” said Proust.
It seems the age-old tradition of verbal storytelling is very much alive and well.
From the first two paragraphs, we can learn that .
traditional broadcast has come back
Americans love listening to the radio
podcasts have become very popular today
smartphones sell well because of podcasts
The writer mentions Donna Jackson mainly to .
tell how young people relax themselves
explain why young people like podcasts
introduce what programs podcasts are presenting
show how popular podcasts are presenting
Paragraph 5 is mainly about .
the influence of radios B. the advantage of podcasts
C. readers’ impression on radios D. people’s reaction to the medium
What is probably the best title of the passage?
Return of Radio B. Opinions of Podcast
C. Features of Radio D. Technology of Podcast
第二节(共 5 小题;每小题 2 分,满分 10 分)
根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两
项为多余选项。
The average computer user has between 5 and 15 username/password combinations to log in different kinds of
accounts. Some demand you use a specific number of symbols and digits, while others require you to change your password every 60 days. The feeling of confusion resulting from memorizing these login information has grown so common that it actually has a name: password fatigue(疲劳).
Having to remember so many different passwords is annoying, but it can also be dangerous. Because it is virtually impossible to remember a unique password for each of these accounts, many people leave handwritten lists of usernames and passwords on or next to their computers. 36 While these practices make it easier to remember login information, they also make it easier for thieves to hack into accounts.
Single Sign-On (SSO) confirmation and password management software can help solve this problem. With SSO, users only need to remember one password to login to the main system. 37 SSO software is typically used by large companies, schools, or libraries.
If a user loses or forgets the password required to log in to SSO software, the user will then lose access to all of the applications linked to the SSO account. Users who rely on password management software face the same problems.
Although most websites or network systems allow users to recover or change lost passwords by providing email addresses or answering a prompt(提示), this process can
waste time and cause further frustration. What is more, recovering a forgotten password is only a temporary solution.
Some computer scientists have suggested computers rely on biometrics(生物测定
40 The use of biometrics raises questions concerning privacy and can also beexpensive to practice.
Software engineers and computer security experts are still searching for the cure to password fatigue. Until they find the perfect solution, however, everyone will simply have to rely on the password system currently in place.
It does not address the larger problem of password fatigue.
These software programs have been built into many major web browsers.
The problem with password management software makes users feel powerless.
The SSO software then automatically logs the user in to other accounts within the system.
confirmation
management
have drawbacks.
This is a method of recognizing human users based
on unique traits, such as fingerprints, voice, or DNA.
Others solve this problem by using the same password for every account or using extremely simple passwords.
第三部分 英语知识运用(共两节,满分 45 分)
完形填空(共 20 小题;每小题 1.5 分,满分 30 分)
阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中,选出可
以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
I was on a plane that was about to take off when my phone rang. I felt something 41
had happened. It was my neighbor saying I needed to get to the
at once. She explained that she’d
my two boys, George, then five, and Mickey, then four, crying. At first, she had
it, but when the crying continued for a long time, she
something was wrong. So she came round and discovered my wife, Mary, lying on the
floor. She had been emptying the dishwasher
a live wire fell and touched her.
Mary was taken to hospital. When I arrived, doctors were trying to rescue her, but there was no
. I explained to the boys that M I felt it was important to be
with them. For a year I was in a suffering
of mind. I went through the activities of a father but inside I felt
Later, I felt I had to honor my love for Mary by not breaking
. She married me because I was a
man and I knew I had to carry on and actively chose to swim rather than
We moved to another city but two years later, I was diagnosed with cancer. The anxiety that had been gone came
back—would my boys be left with no parents?
, the disease was in its early stage and doctors could treat it in time.
57 everything happening to me, I realized merely thinking “why me” doesn’t
58 . We have to learn to accept and adapt to the 59 it has brought about. It is no use thinking about the past or being worried about the future. Instead, just focus on the
A. amazing B. strange C. awful D. exciting
A. house B. exit C. entrance D. hospital
A. seen B. sensed C. recognized D. heard
A. hesitated B. ignored C. imagined D. confused
A. wondered B. realized C. expected D. predicted
A. bathroom B. bedroom C. toilet D. kitchen
A. while B. when C. until D. as
A. sign B. doubt C. point D. breath
A. clear B. familiar C. strict D. pleased
A. situation B. state C. condition D. occasion
A. curiously B. lonely C. coldly D. lively
A. up B. down C. away D. off
A. rich B. considerate C. handsome D. strong
A. dive B. sink C. fall D. float
A. flooding B. returning C. looking D. calling
A. Gradually B. Personally C. Thankfully D. Eventually
A. For B. With C. As D. Through
A. matter B. affect C. count D. help
A. changes B. experiences C. disabilities D. decisions
A. present B. honor C. activity D. life
第三部分 英语知识运用(共两节,满分 45 分)
第二节(共 10 小题;每小题 1.5 分,满分 15 分)
阅读下面材料,在空白处填入适当的内容(1 个单词)或括号内单词的正确形式。
No one knows exactly how the earth began, as it 61 (happen) so long ago. However, according to a 62
(wide) accepted theory, the universe began with a “Big Bang” that threw matter 63
all directions. After that, atoms began to form and combine to create stars and other
(body). For several billion years after the “Big Bang”, the earth was still just
cloud of dust. What it was to become was uncertain 66 between 4.5 and 3.8 billion years ago when the dust settled into a solid globe. The earth became so
(violence) that it was not clear 68 the shape would last or not. It exploded loudly with fire and rock. They were in time 69 (produce) carbon, nitrogen, water vapour and other gases, which were to make the earth’s atmosphere. What is even
(important) is that as the earth cooled down, water began to appear on its surface.
第四部分 写作(共两节,满分 35 分)
第一节短文改错(共 10 小题,每小题 1 分,满分 10 分)
假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文,请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。 文中共有 10 处语言错误,每句中最多有两处。每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、 删除或修改。
增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写出该加的词。
删除:把多余的词用斜线(﹨)划掉。
修改:在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词。
每处错误及其修改均仅限一词;
只允许修改 10 处,多者(从第 11 处起)不计分。
Dear John,
Thank you very much for your invitations to dinner in your home tomorrow evening. It’s been a long time since that we last met. Unfortunate, it is much to my regret that I cannot join you. I will be fully occupying in preparing for an importance lecture coming the day after tomorrow. I feel terribly sorry for missing chance for a get-together, and I hope that you’ll have a good time with me. Maybe you and me can meet sometime next weekend. If so, please calling me when you get this letter. I think it was great to have a long chat with you.
Sorry again.
第二节 书面表达(满分 25 分)
假如你叫李明,在伦敦学习期间,你呆在 Jonathan 的家里。请你给 Jonathan 写一封电子邮件表示感谢,并邀请他明年暑假来你家。
内容要点:
1. 感谢 Jonathan 让你住在他家;
2. 他们给你创造了一个很好的家庭氛围;
3. 明年你将中学毕业,届时你将有两个月的假期,你和家人诚邀 Jonathan 暑期来西安度假。
1.词数:100 词左右。
2.内容应包括以上要点,并适当增加细节,以使内容连贯
3.短文开头已写好,但不计入总词数.
4.提示词汇: 氛围:atmosphere
Dear Jonathan,
I can’t tell you how much I appreciated your kindness in letting me stay at your home when I was in London.
西安中学高2018届高三第一次月考
第一部分 听力(共小题;每小题1.5分,满分分)1—5 CBABA
6—10 BACCB 11—15 CABAC 16—20 CACBA
第二部分 阅读理解(共两节,满分40分)
(共15题:每小题2分,满分30分)
21-23. CDA
第二节(共5小题;每小题2分,满分10分)
36-40.GDEAF
第三部分 英语知识运用(共两节,满分45分)
完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)
-45 CDDBB 46-50 DBCAB 51-55 BBDBA 56-60 CBDAA
第二节(共10小题;每小题1.5分,满分15分)
61. happened
62. widely
64. bodies
67. violent
68. hether/if
69. to produce 70. more important
第四部分 写作(共两节,满分35分)
短文改错(共10小题,每小题1分,满分10分)
Dear John,
Thank you very much for your invitations to dinner in your home tomorrow evening. It’s
invitation
been a long time since that we last met. Unfortunate, it is much to my regret that I cannot join you.
Unfortunately
I will be fully occupying in preparing for an importance lecture coming the day after tomorrow. I
feel terribly sorry for missing∧chance for a get-together, and I hope that you’ll have a good time
with me. Maybe you and me can meet sometime next weekend. If so, please calling me when without
you get this letter. I think it was great to have a long chat with you.
Sorry again.
第二节 书面表达(满分25分)
One possible version:
Dear Jonathan,
I can’t tell you how much I appreciated your kindness in letting me stay at your home while I was in London. It was a delight to see a loving family. You kept me company and created a great home atmosphere for me. I shall always treasure the time when we were together.
Next summer, I will graduate from senior high school and it will be about two months before I go to university, so my parents and I would really like you to come here on vacation. There are a lot of beautiful and historic places in Xi’an. I’m sure you will like it. Meanwhile, we will have a nice time and enjoy ourselves again.
I’m looking forward to your reply. Please send my best regards to your parents!
附:听力原文
M: I need a vacation. I haven’t had a day off in eight months. It’s about time I did something fun.(1)
W: I agree. You’ve been working hard lately. Why don’t we go to Mexico? I can get us a good deal on a hotel.
W: I just spilled red wine on the carpet. Do you have any carpet cleaner?
M: No, I just ran out. Get a paper towel and try to get the stain out with water and some salt. (2) Hurry!
W: Mark, please be quiet. We’re in the middle of a test. If you need something, our teaching assistant Brittany is here to help you.
M: Sorry, Mrs. Smith. (3) Susie asked to borrow a pen, and I was just telling her I don’t have an extra one.
M: If you grab the towels, I’ll get the sunglasses.
W: Okay. Do you have everything else you need? A bathing suit? Your surfboard? (4)
M: Yes, everything’s in the car already. I also packed some sandwiches in case we’re hungry later. Text 5
M: Indonesia is opening its first international modern art museum in 2017. (5) It’s going to be called the Museum MACAN, which is short for Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art in Nusantara.
W: What does the word “nusantara ” mean?
M: It’s an Indonesian term for a group of islands.
W: I’d like a ticket to the fair, please.
M: OK. This is an entrance ticket only. If you’d like to go to the petting zoo or the horse ride, there will be an extra fee. (6)
W: How much do those cost?
M: The petting zoo is $2, (6) and the horse ride is $3.
W: I’ll buy a ticket to the petting zoo as well, please. (6)
M: Your total comes to $7. (6)
W: Do you take credit cards?
M: No, we take cash only. (7)
W: Okay, here you go. (7)
M: Here are your tickets.
W: Thank you.
M: I made us a pizza for tonight’s dinner. I baked apple pie, made the tomato sauce from our tomatoes in the backyard, (8) and I bought the cheese from a local farm about five miles away.
W: Yum! I can’t wait to eat it. You’ve been cooking a lot lately. Why the change?
M: I’ve gotten really into watching cooking shows, like Top Chef and The Great British Bake Off. I’ve been interested in cooking for a long time, (9) but I just decided to give it a try recently. I like the creativity that goes into cooking, and I’ve always been a big fan of food, so eating what I make is a great reward.
W: I’m an okay cook, but I don’t enjoy it very much. It takes a lot of patience, which I don’t have.
W: Hello. My name is Christina. I’m just stopping by to bring you some cookies and to introduce myself. (11)
M: Hi, Christina. I’m Bryce. It’s very nice to meet you. Please come in. (11)
M: Thank you for the cookies. Would you like something to drink?
W: Water is fine. Thank you.
M: Here you go. Take a seat. So, where were you living before? (11)
W: My husband and I were living in Nebraska, but he got a job out here, so that’s why we moved. I’ve never been to the West Coast before. I love Washington so far. (11)
M: I’ve been in Washington for ten years now. I was born in Texas and came out here for college. (12) I’ve stayed ever since.
W: What do you do for work?
M: I’m a computer programmer. It’s a good job, but my real passion in life is making furniture.
W: That’s interesting. I do a lot of painting in my spare time, although I’m a banker during the day. (13)
Text 9 (第17题为推断题)
W: What are you wearing?
M: A Fitbit. It’s a watch that helps me keep track of my health.
W: How accurate do you think it actually is?
M: I’m not sure. I read a study recently that said the Fitbit’s heart rate monitor doesn’t do a great job at measuring your heartbeat during physical activity. It gives a higher reading than it should. (14)
W: Oh, I thought it would have been the other way around.
M: Me too. Of course, Fitbit was very upset by the study and said it wasn’t true. (14) W: Well, a study like that will probably really hurt its business.
M: Well, their products are very popular, so people will still most likely buy them.
W: Do you wear your Fitbit often, or just when you’re exercising?
M: I wear it all day, every day. I even wear it when I’m sleeping. (15)
W: Wow, that’s impressive. Isn’t it uncomfortable?
M: No, not at all.
W: Maybe I should get one.
M: You should. I really like mine. There are many different kinds you can choose from. They’re expensive, but I think they’re worth the money. (16)
Text 10 (第18题为总结题) want to learn a new language. As of 2016, Duolingo has fifty-nine different language courses for twenty-three languages. Over 120 million people are registered with the program. Duolingo was created in 2011 by Professor Luis von Ahn and his graduate student Severin Hacker, who was born in Switzerland. Prof. Luis von Ahn was born in Guatemala, (19) and he was upset by how expensive it was for people in his town to learn English. He wanted to create a program that offered free education to anyone in the world. Because most of the services are available free of charge, Duolingo originally used a special business model to make money. Members of the public were able to translate content and vote on correct translations. The content came from large websites such as BuzzFeed , which paid Duolingo to translate their webpages. (20) Many private investors have given money to the company, including actor Ashton Kutcher’s firm. Duolingo has also been used in public schools in Costa Rica and Guatemala.
版权所有:中华资源库 www.
预览已结束,查看更多内容需下载哦~
&#xe6热门推荐
&#xe6相关资源
官方微信公共账号
资源库-微信公众号
在手机端浏览

我要回帖

更多关于 c. did you mean... 的文章

随机推荐