拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
新概念第三册,最后一课,有一句话the only thing to do was ask them to为什么was 和ask之间不加to呢
文者天堂丶維犷
扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
这是一个主系表结构的句子.was之前是主语,之后是表语,此句中,由ask sb. to do sth. 这个句型独立作表语,所以was 和ask之间不加to
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
这个句子需要指出的是:was和ask 放在一起,本来在英语里面be 动词后面是不能加动词原形的,但前面出现了do,所以把后面的to 省略了。(有do 无to 的某个特殊语法点)。并非句子出现排版错误,或语法错误哦
首先我来纠正一下霹雳晴子的回答,请你认真的学习初中的语法,看看动词短语能够做表语吗?!表语位于系动词之后,主要由名词、代词、形容词、数词、副词、介词短语、分词(短语)或动名词(短语)等来充当。以前百度有过一样的问题,有个人的回答是把句子变成(The only thing to do) was that (ask him to come )that 后面必须要跟一个完整的句子,而...
欧美电影里经常有这种句子,比如“Go see it”等等,我们学的是正规的语法,但地道的英语也有很多不符合正规语法的地方。不必太苛求~~
扫描下载二维码& “完形填空先通读下面的短文,掌握其大意, ...”习题详情
0位同学学习过此题,做题成功率0%
完形填空&先通读下面的短文,掌握其大意, 然后从下面四个答案中选择可以填入相应空白处的最佳答案。 (本大题共10分,每小题1分)I sat down to read under an old tree in the park. I felt my life was&, for my whole world was dark.A young boy ran up to me, out of breath. He stood right before me with his head down and said &, “Look what I found!” In his hand was a flower, and what a poor sight! The flower was dry and &. I gave him a small smile and then turned my eyes away so that he could take his dry flower and go off to play.However, he sat next to my side and placed the flower to his &and said in surprise, “It smells sweet and it’s beautiful, too. That’s &I picked it. Here, it’s for you.” The flower before me was dead. But I knew I must &it, or he might never leave. So I accepted the flower, and replied, “This is just what I want.” Just then, for the first time I noticed that the boy could not see — he was blind.Tears (眼泪) came down my face as I &him for picking the best one. “You’re welcome,” he smiled, and then ran off to &. I sat there and wondered how he was able to learn about my pain.Through the eyes of a blind child, at last I could see the problem wa the problem was me. And for all those years I myself always was &. I decided to see the beauty in life, and &every second of my life. And then I held that dry flower up to my nose and breathed in the smell of a beautiful rose.【小题1】A.hopelessB.colorfulC.simpleD.wonderful【小题2】A.sadlyB.strictlyC.angrilyD.excitedly【小题3】A.deadB.fresh C.aliveD.heavy【小题4】A.headB.noseC.earD.neck【小题5】A.howB.whenC.whereD.why【小题6】A.buyB.sellC.acceptD.break【小题7】A.forgaveB.thankedC.paidD.hated【小题8】A.sleepB.studyC.danceD.play【小题9】A.cheerfulB.usefulC.blindD.deaf【小题10】A.waste B.enjoyC.loseD.forget&
本题难度:一般
题型:解答题&|&来源:2015-江苏无锡滨湖中学九年级上期中英语试卷
分析与解答
习题“完形填空先通读下面的短文,掌握其大意, 然后从下面四个答案中选择可以填入相应空白处的最佳答案。 (本大题共10分,每小题1分)I sat down to read under an old tree in th...”的分析与解答如下所示:
这篇文章讲述了作者感觉生活很无望,总觉得自己的世界是黑暗的。但是通过盲人小男孩的眼睛让作者最终明白了问题不在于世界,而是在于自身。因此,作者决定要看到生活中的美,并要时时刻刻进行快乐地生活。【小题1】考查形容词及语境的理解。句意:我感到自己对生活没有任何希望,因为我的世界是黑暗的。A. hopeless无望的;B. colorful丰富多彩的;C. simple简单的;D. wonderful极好的;根据句意及其后一句话的意思,我的世界是黑暗的,故选A。【小题2】考查副词及语境的理解。句意:一位小男孩疯狂地跑到我跟前兴奋地说:“快看我发现的东西!A. sadly难过地;B. strictly 严格地;C. angrily 生气地;D. excitedly兴奋地;通读全文,根据句意,故选D。【小题3】考查形容词及语境的理解。句意:只见他手里拿着一支花,只是已经干死了。A. dead死的;B. fresh 新鲜的;C. alive活着的;D. heavy重的;根据I gave him a small smile and then turned my eyes away so that he could take his dry flower and go off to play. 面对如此残败的景象,我淡淡地向他笑了笑,便转移了我的视线,这样,他就会拿着干了的花去一边玩了。根据句意,故选A 。【小题4】考查名词及语境的理解。句意:然而,他竟然没离开,而是坐在我的旁边并闻了闻这支花惊讶地说:“闻着很香,看起来也很漂亮。A. head头;B. nose鼻子;C. ear耳朵;D. neck脖子; 根据句意,及其后面的闻着很香,故选B。【小题5】.考查特殊疑问词及语境的理解。句意: 这就是我为何要摘这支花的原因。A. how怎样;B. when什么时候;C. where在哪;D. why为什么;根据句意,因为是原因,故选D 。【小题6】.考查动词及语境的理解。句意:但我明白必须接受,不然,他是不会离开的。A. buy买;B. sell卖;C. accept接受;D. break折断;根据So I accepted the flower, and replied, “This is just what I want.”和句意可知,故选C。【小题7】.考查动词及语境的理解。句意:于是,我含泪感谢他摘到一枝最漂亮的花。A. forgave对不起,请原谅;B. thanked感谢;C. paid付款;D. hated讨厌;根据句意,故选B。【小题8】.考查动词及语境的理解。句意:他笑着回答说“不客气”,然后跑到一边玩去了。A. sleep睡觉;B. study学习;C. dance跳舞;D. play玩;根据句意,故选 D。【小题9】.考查形容词及语境的理解。句意:对于过去的这么多年,我算是白活了。A. cheerful欢呼的;B. useful 有用的;C. blind 瞎的;D. deaf聋的;根据句意,故选C。【小题10】.考查动词及语境的理解。句意:因此,我决定要看到生活中的美,并要时时刻刻进行快乐地生活。A. waste浪费;B. enjoy享受;C. lose失去;D. forget忘记;根据句意,故选B。
找到答案了,赞一个
如发现试题中存在任何错误,请及时纠错告诉我们,谢谢你的支持!
完形填空先通读下面的短文,掌握其大意, 然后从下面四个答案中选择可以填入相应空白处的最佳答案。 (本大题共10分,每小题1分)I sat down to read under an old tree ...
错误类型:
习题内容残缺不全
习题有文字标点错误
习题内容结构混乱
习题对应知识点不正确
分析解答残缺不全
分析解答有文字标点错误
分析解答结构混乱
习题类型错误
错误详情:
我的名号(最多30个字):
看完解答,记得给个难度评级哦!
“完形填空先通读下面的短文,掌握其大意, ...”的最新评论
欢迎来到乐乐题库,查看习题“完形填空先通读下面的短文,掌握其大意, 然后从下面四个答案中选择可以填入相应空白处的最佳答案。 (本大题共10分,每小题1分)I sat down to read under an old tree in the park. I felt my life was____, for my whole world was dark.A young boy ran up to me, out of breath. He stood right before me with his head down and said____, “Look what I found!” In his hand was a flower, and what a poor sight! The flower was dry and____. I gave him a small smile and then turned my eyes away so that he could take his dry flower and go off to play.However, he sat next to my side and placed the flower to his____and said in surprise, “It smells sweet and it’s beautiful, too. That’s____I picked it. Here, it’s for you.” The flower before me was dead. But I knew I must____it, or he might never leave. So I accepted the flower, and replied, “This is just what I want.” Just then, for the first time I noticed that the boy could not see — he was blind.Tears (眼泪) came down my face as I____him for picking the best one. “You’re welcome,” he smiled, and then ran off to____. I sat there and wondered how he was able to learn about my pain.Through the eyes of a blind child, at last I could see the problem wa the problem was me. And for all those years I myself always was____. I decided to see the beauty in life, and____every second of my life. And then I held that dry flower up to my nose and breathed in the smell of a beautiful rose.【小题1】A.hopelessB.colorfulC.simpleD.wonderful【小题2】A.sadlyB.strictlyC.angrilyD.excitedly【小题3】A.deadB.fresh C.aliveD.heavy【小题4】A.headB.noseC.earD.neck【小题5】A.howB.whenC.whereD.why【小题6】A.buyB.sellC.acceptD.break【小题7】A.forgaveB.thankedC.paidD.hated【小题8】A.sleepB.studyC.danceD.play【小题9】A.cheerfulB.usefulC.blindD.deaf【小题10】A.waste B.enjoyC.loseD.forget”的答案、考点梳理,并查找与习题“完形填空先通读下面的短文,掌握其大意, 然后从下面四个答案中选择可以填入相应空白处的最佳答案。 (本大题共10分,每小题1分)I sat down to read under an old tree in the park. I felt my life was____, for my whole world was dark.A young boy ran up to me, out of breath. He stood right before me with his head down and said____, “Look what I found!” In his hand was a flower, and what a poor sight! The flower was dry and____. I gave him a small smile and then turned my eyes away so that he could take his dry flower and go off to play.However, he sat next to my side and placed the flower to his____and said in surprise, “It smells sweet and it’s beautiful, too. That’s____I picked it. Here, it’s for you.” The flower before me was dead. But I knew I must____it, or he might never leave. So I accepted the flower, and replied, “This is just what I want.” Just then, for the first time I noticed that the boy could not see — he was blind.Tears (眼泪) came down my face as I____him for picking the best one. “You’re welcome,” he smiled, and then ran off to____. I sat there and wondered how he was able to learn about my pain.Through the eyes of a blind child, at last I could see the problem wa the problem was me. And for all those years I myself always was____. I decided to see the beauty in life, and____every second of my life. And then I held that dry flower up to my nose and breathed in the smell of a beautiful rose.【小题1】A.hopelessB.colorfulC.simpleD.wonderful【小题2】A.sadlyB.strictlyC.angrilyD.excitedly【小题3】A.deadB.fresh C.aliveD.heavy【小题4】A.headB.noseC.earD.neck【小题5】A.howB.whenC.whereD.why【小题6】A.buyB.sellC.acceptD.break【小题7】A.forgaveB.thankedC.paidD.hated【小题8】A.sleepB.studyC.danceD.play【小题9】A.cheerfulB.usefulC.blindD.deaf【小题10】A.waste B.enjoyC.loseD.forget”相似的习题。& 托福阅读TPO26(试题+答案+译文)第1篇:Energy and the Industrial...
托福阅读TPO26(试题+答案+译文)第1篇:Energy and the Industrial...
摘要:托福阅读原文【1】Foryearshistorianshavesoughttoidentifycrucialelementsintheeighteenth-centuryriseinindustry,
阅读原文【1】For&years&historians&have&sought&to&identify&crucial&elements&in&the&eighteenth-centuryrise&in&industry,&technology,&and&economic&power&known&as&the&Industrial&Revolution,&and&manygive&prominence&to&the&problem&of&energy.&Until&the&eighteenth&century,&people&relied&on&energyderived&from&plants&as&well&as&animal&and&human&muscle&to&provide&power.&Increased&efficiencyin&the&use&of&water&and&wind&helped&with&such&tasks&as&pumping,&milling,&or&sailing.&However,&bythe&eighteenth&century,&Great&Britain&in&particular&was&experiencing&an&energy&shortage.&Wood,the&primary&source&of&heat&for&homes&and&industries&and&also&used&in&the&iron&industry&asprocessed&charcoal,&was&diminishing&in&supply.&Great&Britain&had&large&amounts&of&however,&there&were&not&yet&efficient&means&by&which&to&produce&mechanical&energy&or&topower&machinery.&This&was&to&occur&with&progress&in&the&development&of&the&steam&engine.【2】In&the&late&1700s&James&Watt&designed&an&efficient&and&commercially&viable&steam&enginethat&was&soon&applied&to&a&variety&of&industrial&uses&as&it&became&cheaper&to&use.&The&enginehelped&solve&the&problem&of&draining&coal&mines&of&groundwater&and&increased&the&productionof&coal&needed&to&power&steam&engines&elsewhere.&A&rotary&engine&attached&to&the&steamengine&enabled&shafts&to&be&turned&and&machines&to&be&driven,&resulting&in&mills&using&steampower&to&spin&and&weave&cotton.&Since&the&steam&engine&was&fired&by&coal,&the&large&mills&didnot&need&to&be&located&by&rivers,&as&had&mills&that&used&water-&driven&machines.&The&shift&toincreased&mechanization&in&cotton&production&is&apparent&in&the&import&of&raw&cotton&andthe&sale&of&cotton&goods.&Between&1760&and&1850,&the&amount&of&raw&cotton&importedincreased&230&times.&Production&of&British&cotton&goods&increased&sixtyfold,&and&cotton&clothbecame&Great&Britain’s&most&important&product,&accounting&for&one-half&of&all&exports.&Thesuccess&of&the&steam&engine&resulted&in&increased&demands&for&coal,&and&the&consequentincrease&in&coal&production&was&made&possible&as&the&steam-powered&pumps&drained&water&fromthe&ever-deeper&coal&seams&found&below&the&water&table.【3】The&availability&of&steam&power&and&the&demands&for&new&machines&facilitated&thetransformation&of&the&iron&industry.&Charcoal,&made&from&wood&and&thus&in&limited&supply,was&replaced&with&coal-derived&coke&(substance&left&after&coal&is&heated)&as&steam-drivenbellows&came&into&use&for&producing&of&raw&iron.&Impurities&were&burnt&away&with&the&use&ofcoke,&producing&a&high-quality&refined&iron.&Reduced&cost&was&also&instrumental&in&developingsteam-powered&rolling&mills&capable&of&producing&finished&iron&of&various&shapes&and&sizes.&Theresulting&boom&in&the&iron&industry&expanded&the&annual&iron&output&by&more&than&170&timesbetween&1740&and&1840,&and&by&the&1850s&Great&Britain&was&producing&more&tons&of&iron&thanthe&rest&of&the&world&combined.&The&developments&in&the&iron&industry&were&in&part&a&responseto&the&demand&for&more&machines&and&the&ever-widening&use&of&higher-quality&iron&in&otherindustries.【4】Steam&power&and&iron&combined&to&revolutionize&transport,&which&in&turn&had&furtherimplications.&Improvements&in&road&construction&and&sailing&had&occurred,&but&shipping&heavyfreight&over&land&remained&expensive,&even&with&the&use&of&rivers&and&canals&wherever&possible.Parallel&rails&had&long&been&used&in&mining&operations&to&move&bigger&loads,&but&horses&were&stillthe&primary&source&of&power.&However,&the&arrival&of&the&steam&engine&initiated&a&completetransformation&in&rail&transportation,&entrenching&and&expanding&the&Industrial&Revolution.As&transportation&improved,&distant&and&larger&markets&within&the&nation&could&be&reached,thereby&encouraging&the&development&of&larger&factories&to&keep&pace&with&increasing&sales.Greater&productivity&and&rising&demands&provided&entrepreneurs&with&profits&that&could&bereinvested&to&take&advantage&of&new&technologies&to&further&expand&capacity,&or&to&seekalternative&investment&opportunities.&Also,&the&availability&of&jobs&in&railway&constructionattracted&many&rural&laborers&accustomed&to&seasonal&and&temporary&employment.&When&thework&was&completed,&many&moved&to&other&construction&jobs&or&to&factory&work&in&cities&andtowns,&where&they&became&part&of&an&expanding&working&class.试题1.Why&does&the&author&provide&the&information&that&“Great&Britain&had&large&amountsof&coal”(paragraph&1)?A.To&reject&the&claim&that&Britain&was&facing&an&energy&shortage&in&the&eighteenth&century.B.To&explain&why&coal&rather&than&other&energy&resources&became&the&primary&source&of&heatfor&homes&and&industries&in&eighteenth-century&Britain.C.To&indicate&that&Britain’s&energy&shortage&was&not&the&result&of&a&lack&of&fuel.D.To&explain&why&coal&mining&became&an&important&industry&in&nineteenth-century.2.What&was&“the&problem&of&energy"&that&had&to&be&solved&to&make&the&IndustrialRevolution&of&the&eighteenth&century&possible?A.Water&and&wind&could&not&be&used&efficiently.B.There&was&no&efficient&way&to&power&machinery.C.Steam&engines&required&large&amounts&of&coal,&which&was&in&short&supply.D.Neither&humans&nor&animals&were&strong&enough&to&provide&the&power&required&for&industrialapplication.3.Which&of&the&following&is&NOT&mentionedin&paragraph&2&as&a&development&in&cottonmills&brought&about&by&Watt’s&steamengine?A.The&importing&of&huge&quantities&of&raw&cotton&by&Britain.B.Increased&mechanization.C.More&possibilities&for&mill&location.D.Smaller&mills.4.The&phrase&“apparent&in”&in&the&passage(paragraph&2)is&closest&in&meaning&toA.clearly&seen&in.B.aided&by.C.associated&with.D.followed&by.5.According&to&paragraph&2,&what&was&Britain’s&most&important&export&by&1850?A.Raw&cotton.B.Cotton&cloth.C.Steam-powered&pumps.D.Coal.6.The&word&“consequent”(paragraph&2)in&the&passage&is&closest&in&meaning&toA.resulting.B.encouraging.C.well&documented.D.immediate.7.What&is&the&role&of&paragraph&2&in&the&passage&as&a&whole?A.It&explains&how&by&increasing&the&supply&of&raw&materials&from&other&countries,&Britishindustries&were&able&to&reduce&costs&and&increase&production.B.It&explains&how&the&production&of&mechanical&energy&and&its&benefits&spread&quickly&acrosscountries&that&were&linked&commercially&with&Great&Britain.C.It&demonstrates&why&developments&in&a&single&industry&could&not&have&caused&the&IndustrialRevolution.D.It&illustrates&why&historians&have&assigned&great&importance&to&the&issue&of&energy&in&the&riseof&the&Industrial&Revolution.8.According&to&paragraph&3,&why&was&the&use&of&coke&important&for&the&ironindustry?A.It&helped&make&wood&into&charcoal.B.It&reduced&the&dependency&on&steam-powered&machines&used&for&the&production&of&iron.C.It&replaced&charcoal&in&the&production&of&raw&and&refined&iron.D.It&powered&the&machines&used&to&extract&coal&in&coal&mines.9.According&to&paragraph&3,&all&of&the&following&were&true&of&the&ironindustry&in&GreatBritain&during&the&1800s&EXCEPTA.Steam-driven&bellows&were&used&to&produce&raw&iron.B.By&the&1850s&Britain&was&the&world’s&largest&producer&of&iron.C.Steam-powered&mills&made&it&possible&to&produce&iron&of&different&shapes&and&sizes.D.Greater&demand&for&higher-quality&iron&increased&its&price.10.The&word&“initiated”in&the&passage&is&closest&in&meaning&toA.anticipated.B.accelerated.C.spread.D.started.11.Paragraph&4&implies&which&of&the&following&about&the&transformation&inrailtransportation?A.Because&railway&construction&employed&mostly&rural&laborers,&unemployment&increasedamong&urban&workers.B.It&resulted&in&more&trade&within&the&country,&but&less&trade&with&markets&that&could&bereached&only&by&ocean&shipping.C.It&made&shipping&freight&overland&to&distant&markets&less&expensive.D.It&resulted&in&higher&wages&for&factory&workers.12.The&phrase&“accustomed&to"&in&the&passage&is&closest&in&meaning&toA.in&need&of.B.used&to.C.tired&of.D.encouraged&by.13.&Look&at&the&four&squares&[■]&that&indicate&where&the&following&sentence&could&beadded&to&the&passage.&Click&on&a&square&to&add&the&sentence&to&the&passage.&The&firststeam-powered&locomotives&were&slow&but&they&rapidly&improved&in&speed&andcarrying&capacity.Steam&power&and&iron&combined&to&revolutionize&transport,&which&in&turnhad&furtherimplications.&Improvements&in&road&construction&and&sailing&had&occurred,&but&shipping&heavyfreight&over&land&remained&expensive,&even&with&the&use&of&rivers&and&canals&wherever&possible.Parallel&rails&had&long&been&used&in&mining&operations&to&move&bigger&loads,&but&horses&were&stillthe&primary&source&of&power. ■【A】However,&the&arrival&of&the&steam&engine&initiated&acomplete&transformation&in&rail&transportation,&entrenching&and&expanding&the&IndustrialRevolution. ■【B】As&transportation&improved,&distant&and&larger&markets&within&the&nationcould&be&reached,&thereby&encouraging&the&development&of&larger&factories&to&keep&pace&withincreasing&sales. ■【C】Greater&productivity&and&rising&demands&provided&entrepreneurs&withprofits&that&could&be&reinvested&to&take&advantage&of&new&technologies&to&further&expandcapacity,&or&to&seek&alternative&investment&opportunities. ■【D】Also,&the&availability&of&jobsin&railway&construction&attracted&many&rural&laborers&accustomed&to&seasonal&andtemporary&employment.&When&the&work&was&completed,many&moved&to&other&constructionjobs&or&to&factory&work&in&cities&and&towns,&where&they&became&part&of&an&expanding&workingclass.14.&Directions:&An&introductory&sentence&for&a&brief&summary&of&the&passage&isprovided&below.&Complete&the&summary&by&selecting&the&THREE&answer&choices&thatexpress&the&most&important&ideas&in&the&passage.&Some&sentences&do&not&belong&in&thesummary&because&they&express&ideas&that&are&not&presented&in&the&passage&or&areminor&ideas&in&the&passage.&This&question&is&worth&2&points.The&coming&of&the&Industrial&Revolution&in&eighteenth-century&Britaindepended&on&thedevelopment&of&the&steam&engine&to&power&machinery.A.For&years,&historians&disregarded&the&issue&of&energy&as&a&major&element&in&the&rise&of&theIndustrial&Revolution&and&focused&instead&on&technological&developments&and&increasedproduction.B.The&introduction&and&growth&of&steam-powered&rail&transport&was&a&major&factor&in&Britain'seconomic&expansion&during&the&Industrial&Revolution.C.An&expansion&of&the&Industrial&Revolution&outside&Great&Britain&occurred&when&Britishindustries&began&to&import&raw&cotton&and&high-quality&iron.D.By&1850,&the&use&of&steam&power&in&Britain's&mills,&mines,&and&iron&industry&made&Britain&aworld&leader&in&the&production&of&cotton&cloth&and&iron.E.Since&the&basic&infrastructure&was&in&place,&the&Industrial&Revolution&fueled&itself&with&enlargingmarkets&requiring&ever&more&expansion&of&factories&and&workforce.F.By&the&end&of&the&1800s,&railway&construction&attracted&so&many&laborers&that&factoriescould&not&find&enough&workers&to&keep&up&with&increasing&sales.托福阅读答案1.目的题,读highlight所在句,说英国有煤,但没法变成能量来运行机器,选项C同时说了由煤木有能量,是正确答案。A错在不是reject,原文承认缺能量,A说反;B错在原文没讲other&energy&resources怎么样;D错在coal&mining变成重要行业没讲。2.以the&problem&of&energy做关键词定位至第二句,但这句话没有内容,于是往后看,下一句讲依靠动植物和人作为能量的来源,看完这句话最大的可能是选D,但原文没说动植物和人的能源不够,所以D不对。排除法,A说风和水能没有有效利用,而原文第四句说越来越多的使用,所以A错;C跟上一题相反,错;B跟上一题相同,正确。3.A的huge&quantity&of&raw&cotton定位至倒数第三句,说进口增加了230倍,正确,不选;B定位至第五句,说机械化越来越多,正确,不选;C的mill&location定位至第四句,说mill不用在水边了,也就是C说的更多可能的位置,正确,不选;也同样在这句话里说大的mills,跟D说的相反,所以D错,选。4.apparent&in明显,所以正确答案是A的clearly&seen&in。词根是pare,意思是可见,想想透明transparent和appear。代入,原文讲转向不断增加的mechanization是什么样的通过进口rawcotton,紧接着后面就用数字讲进口cotton怎么怎么样,说明很显著。B帮忙和C相关明显不通。前后两句没有明显的先后关系,所以follow不通。5.以most&important&export和1850做关键词定位至倒数第二句和倒数第三句,说raw&cotton进口增加了230倍,cotton&cloth变成了最重要的产品,占了出口的一半,所以正确答案是B的cotton&cloth。注意A的raw&cotton是进口的。6.consequent结果的,所以正确答案是resulting。之前有讲蒸汽机的成功result&in了煤炭需求的增加,和consequent煤炭生产的增加,需求增加当然导致生产增加,所以正确答案是A,C和D完全不对,A和B相比A更好。7.问整段的,看首尾。首句讲1700年代瓦特发明了蒸汽机,随着越来越便宜,应用越来越广;尾句说steamengine的成功导致煤炭需求和生产的增加。MS没有正确答案,可采用排除法,首先没讲除英国之外的其他国家,所以A和B都不对,C说一个行业不能引起工业革命,原文也没讲。D正确的原因是煤炭的应用解决了能源问题,正确,不记得的话看看第一段的末尾。8.以coke做关键词定位至第二句,讲在制铁的过程中,coke替代了charcoal,但没讲coke能干嘛,所以往下看,说impurity随着coke的使用被烧掉了,也就是除杂质,所以正确答案是C,B和D的machine没讲;A说把木头变成charcoal,原文也没说。9.A的steam-driven&bellows定位至第二句,正确,不选;B的1850s和Britain定位至第五句,说英国的产量等于其他国家产量之和,当然是最大生产国,所以B正确,不选;C的different&shapes&and&sizes定位至第四句,正确,不选;D的price没讲,错,选。10.initiated开始,所以正确答案是D。代入,说steam&engine的到来怎么了铁路运输的彻底改变,能说得通的只有B和D。因为之前没有说到变化,所以不是加速,开始了一种全新的变化更好些。11.以transformation&in&rail&transportation做关键词定位至第四句和第五句,说随着transportation改善,能到达更远更大的国内市场,导致更大的销量和更大的工厂,所以正确答案是C。A的rurallaborers,B的ocean&shipping和D的wage原文都没有有说。12.accustomed&to习惯,所以正确答案是B,used&to意思完全一样。不认识的同学看custom,风俗习惯,前面的ac前缀和后面的ed均没有实际意义。代入,说铁路建设提供的工作机会吸引了工人,这些工人是怎么样季节性迁徙的,C厌倦和D鼓励说不通。A需要和B习惯就要看词汇量了。13.此题名词过渡不容易找,只能找到动词improve,所以正确答案非B即C。B之后有as&transportationimproved,也就是给出improve之后的结果,应该是先有improve后有结果,所以正确答案是B。14.For&years选项与首段第二句相反,错。The&introduction选项对应最后一段,正确。An&expansion选项中的outside&Great&Britain怎么样原文没讲,错。By&1850选项对应原文第二段和第三段,正确。Sincethe&basic选项对应原文最后一段后半部分,正确。By&the&end选项中的工厂找不到工人跟上increasingsales没说,错。托福阅读译文【1】多年来,历史学家试图找到18世纪工业革命在工业、技术和经济领域兴起的关键因素,许多人把能源问题放在突出位置。直到18世纪,人们依靠工厂、畜力以及人力来提供动力。高效地利用水能和风能有助于完成诸如抽泵、碾磨或航海等工作。然而,到了18世纪,尤其是大不列颠却经历了能源短缺。木材,这一为家庭和工业供暖供能,同时也以加工木炭的形式被使用在钢铁工业中的主要能源,其供应量日益减少。大不列颠有大量的煤矿;然而,还没有产生机械能或为机器提供动力的有效方法。这一切随着蒸汽机的改良而发生。【2】在18世纪末期,詹姆斯o瓦特设计了一款高效且具商业利益的蒸汽机,由于其价格低廉,很快就被运用到各项工业生产之中。这款蒸汽机帮助解决了煤矿中地下水的排水问题并且提高了煤的产量,这些煤用来为别处的蒸汽机提供动力。与蒸汽机相连的旋转式发动机带动轴承转动,从而驱动机器,运用蒸汽动力纺织棉布的纺织厂随之出现。因为蒸汽机靠燃煤而驱动,一些大型棉纺织厂就不再像那些使用水力驱动机器的工厂一样必须依河而建。这种棉纺织业日益机械化的转变在棉花原料的进口和棉纺产品的销售中得到突出的体现。在1760年到1850年间,原棉的进口量增长了230倍。英国棉纺产品的生产量增加了60倍,而棉布则成了英国最重要的产品,占出口总额的一半。蒸汽机的成功带来了对煤需求量的增加,而且随着蒸汽动力泵从位于地下水位下的更深的煤层中排出水来,随之而来的煤产量的增加成为可能。【3】蒸汽动力的可利用性以及对新机器的需求促进了钢铁工业的转型。当蒸汽驱动风箱投入到生铁生产中后,木炭这种用木材烧成因此供应量有限的物质就被焦炭(煤加热后残留的物质)替代了。随着焦炭的使用,生铁中的杂质被燃烧完,从而生产出更高质量的精炼铁。降低的成本也有助于那些能够生产不同形状和尺寸的成品铁制品的蒸汽动力轧钢厂的发展。因此导致的钢铁工业的繁荣使钢铁的年产量在1740年到1840年间增长了170多倍,到19世纪50年代,大不列颠生产的钢铁比世界其他地区生产的总和还要高。钢铁工业的发展从某种意义上说,是对更多机器的需求以及在其他工业中更广泛使用高质量铁的一种回应。【4】蒸汽动力和钢铁带来了交通运输的革新,反过来也有着更加深远的影响。道路设施以及航海的改善已经初见成效,但是船运重型货物到陆地的费用仍然很高,即使在可以使用河流和运河的地方。平行铁轨长期以来被用于采矿作业来运输大型货物,但是马匹仍然是主要的动力来源。然而,蒸汽机的到来引发了铁路运输的彻底变革,巩固和扩大了工业革命的成果。随着交通运输的改善,全国范围内更远更大的市场可以到达,因此鼓励着大型工厂的生产与日益增长的销售量保持同步。更大规模的生产和日益增长的需求给企业家带来了利润,这种利润可用于再投资新技术,进一步扩大产能或寻求其他的投资机会。同时,铁道建设方面的更多就业机会也吸引了那些习惯于季节性工作或者短工制的农村劳动力。一旦工作完成,其中的很多人就会参与到其他的建筑工作中或是城镇中的工厂工作中,并成为其中的不断壮大的工人阶级。
托福阅读TPO26(试题+答案+译文)第1篇:Energy and the Industrial...的相关文章推荐
10-16 15:41
10-08 10:37
06-19 09:42
09-29 11:49
09-25 08:53
托福阅读TPO26(试题+答案+译文)第1篇:Energy and the Industrial...的最新评论
托福阅读TPO26(试题+答案+译文)第1篇:Energy and the Industrial...是否引起了你对托福TPO的一些感受,欢迎发帖和大家分享你的想法和补充。发帖请自觉遵守互联网相关的政策法规。
308人已报名

我要回帖

更多关于 point to the door 的文章

随机推荐