but knewbut not limited tohow

& “短文改错假如英语课上老师要求同学们交换修...”习题详情
0位同学学习过此题,做题成功率0%
短文改错假如英语课上老师要求同学们交换修改作文,请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共有10 处语言错误,要求你在错误的地方增加、删除或修改某个单词。增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写上该加的词。删除:把多余的词用斜线(﹨)划掉。修改:在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写上修改后的词。注意:1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词;2.只允许修改10 处,多者(从第11 处起)不计分。Two years before, I traveled to Brazil and I rented for a car. Unfortunate, I had an accident and hit another car, and I needed to stay in a hospital for at least two week. 1 called my parents, so I did not tell them what had happened.& I knew that they will be worried about myself because I was so farther away, and that my mother would not sleep if she knew. Therefore, I told them interested stories and how I was enjoying Brazil As a result, nobody knew truth. I still think that it was the right thing to do.&
本题难度:一般
题型:解答题&|&来源:2015-云南腾冲第六中学高二上教学质检英语试卷
分析与解答
习题“短文改错假如英语课上老师要求同学们交换修改作文,请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共有10 处语言错误,要求你在错误的地方增加、删除或修改某个单词。增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写上该加的词。删除...”的分析与解答如下所示:
【小题1】Before----ago&汉语的“两年前”译成英语应是 two years ago。【小题2】去掉for &&&&&&英语“租车”的说法是 rent a car,其中,rent 是及物动词,直接后接名词作宾语。【小题3】Unfortunate----Unfortunately 副词修饰一句话【小题4】week----weeks&把 two 后面的 week 改成 weeks,因为前面有two修饰。【小题5】so----but &&&&&&so - but行文逻辑错误。表“转折”【小题6】Will----would &&根据前面的knew,所以用过去式【小题7】myself---me &&&只有主语为I时才接反身代词【小题8】farther-----far &&be far away 很远。【小题9】interested-----interesting 修饰物,解释为令人感兴趣的【小题10】knew后加the&考查冠词。句意:大家都知道这个事实,表示特指。
找到答案了,赞一个
如发现试题中存在任何错误,请及时纠错告诉我们,谢谢你的支持!
短文改错假如英语课上老师要求同学们交换修改作文,请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共有10 处语言错误,要求你在错误的地方增加、删除或修改某个单词。增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写上该加...
错误类型:
习题内容残缺不全
习题有文字标点错误
习题内容结构混乱
习题对应知识点不正确
分析解答残缺不全
分析解答有文字标点错误
分析解答结构混乱
习题类型错误
错误详情:
我的名号(最多30个字):
看完解答,记得给个难度评级哦!
“短文改错假如英语课上老师要求同学们交换修...”的最新评论
欢迎来到乐乐题库,查看习题“短文改错假如英语课上老师要求同学们交换修改作文,请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共有10 处语言错误,要求你在错误的地方增加、删除或修改某个单词。增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写上该加的词。删除:把多余的词用斜线(﹨)划掉。修改:在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写上修改后的词。注意:1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词;2.只允许修改10 处,多者(从第11 处起)不计分。Two years before, I traveled to Brazil and I rented for a car. Unfortunate, I had an accident and hit another car, and I needed to stay in a hospital for at least two week. 1 called my parents, so I did not tell them what had happened. I knew that they will be worried about myself because I was so farther away, and that my mother would not sleep if she knew. Therefore, I told them interested stories and how I was enjoying Brazil As a result, nobody knew truth. I still think that it was the right thing to do.”的答案、考点梳理,并查找与习题“短文改错假如英语课上老师要求同学们交换修改作文,请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共有10 处语言错误,要求你在错误的地方增加、删除或修改某个单词。增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写上该加的词。删除:把多余的词用斜线(﹨)划掉。修改:在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写上修改后的词。注意:1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词;2.只允许修改10 处,多者(从第11 处起)不计分。Two years before, I traveled to Brazil and I rented for a car. Unfortunate, I had an accident and hit another car, and I needed to stay in a hospital for at least two week. 1 called my parents, so I did not tell them what had happened. I knew that they will be worried about myself because I was so farther away, and that my mother would not sleep if she knew. Therefore, I told them interested stories and how I was enjoying Brazil As a result, nobody knew truth. I still think that it was the right thing to do.”相似的习题。Learn to Understand Your Own Intelligence
Learn to Understand Your Own Intelligence
CATEGORIES:
Three years ago I listened to a lecture on cognition that changed the way I think about intelligence. This is the crux. There are two types of cognition. The first is normal cognition. This is the ability to retrieve knowledge from memory. When you are asked a question on a test and produce an answer, that’s a display of cognitive ability. The second type of cognit the ability to know whether or not you know.
Have you ever been asked a question that you knew the answer to, but you couldn’t find the right word? This is called the “tip of the tongue” phenomenon and I’m sure we’ve all experienced it. You know that you know the answer, but you fail to produce it. If someone said an answer, you would know instantly if it was correct or not. In these cases metacognition exists without cognition.
In short, cognition is knowing, metacognition is knowing if you know or not. Both can exist together, but many times they don’t.
How Does this Affect Intelligence?
So what importance does this have and how is it relevant to self improvement? The fact that there are two different kinds of cognitive ability means that there are different types of intelligence.
In traditional education, intelligence is measured by cognitive ability. For some people this is works well. They can easily produce everything they know on a test. But for others it doesn’t work out so well. The people that know something cold but can’t find the right words on a test are awarded with poor grades and considered inferior.
But does this inability make them any less intelligent? They know the answer. If the question came up on a task, they could refer to a book or a quick Google search. In reality they’re just as effective as the people that aced the test. They just can’t prove it as easily.
The Importance of Knowing what you know
Unless you’re taking a test or playing Jeopardy, metacognition is more important to success than cognition. In real life, when you’re faced with a question the first decision is whether you know the answer or not. With strong metacognitive ability this is easy. If you know the answer, but can’t come up with it, you can always do a bit of research. If you know for sure that you don’t know, then you can start educating yourself. Because you’re aware of your ignorance, you don’t act with foolish confidence. The person who thinks they know something that they really don’t makes the worst decisions.
A person with poor cognitive ability, but great metacognitive ability is actually in great shape. They might do poorly in school, but when faced with a challenge they understand their abilities and take the best course of action. These people might not seem intelligent at first glance, but because they know what they know, they make better decisions and learn the most important things.
Clever but mediocre people
At the opposite end of the spectrum are people with great cognitive ability but poor metacognitive ability. These people are proclaimed geniuses at a young age for acing every test and getting great SAT scores. Unfortunately, they’ve been ruined b they think they know everything but they really don’t. They are arrogant, fail to learn from mistakes, and don’t understand the nuances of pe showing disdain for persons with lower cognitive ability.
So who is superior? In a battle of wits the higher cognitive ability prevails, but life is not a single encounter. It is a series of experiments in succession, each building upon the last. Learning requires knowing what you don’t know, and taking steps to learn what you need to. People with poor metacognitive ability never realize that they don’t ‘get it’. They also don’t realize what’s important.
This doesn’t preclude them from material success. But, perhaps that’s a poor measurement of intelligence as well. There are many people who become rich and successful by their cleverness and cognitive ability, but as human beings are quite mediocre. Is the man that makes a million dollars, but is cruel and abusive to his employees and family, really more intelligent than the poor man who lives a modest and loving life? I don’t intend to demonize wealth, only to state that it should not be the measure of virtue.
Use your metacognitive ability
So what do we know and what do we not? And how can we tell the difference? There is so much to know in the world that the most brilliant human minds can grasp only the tiniest fraction. For this reason we should always be in doubt of what we know. The closed mind is oblivious to its surroundings, while the open mind absorbs them. Like a sponge, it soaks up observations, becoming fuller and more robust.
But we can’t live in total doubt. If we did we would never act, paralyzed by our inadequate knowledge. We must trust our intuition. If something makes you feel a certain way, that feeling is real and must be respected. Act based on your own convictions, not those of others, and keep an open ear for new ideas.
The most important mental power is the ability to know what you don’t know. The recognition of a fault is the first step to improvement. Don’t try to hide a lack of knowledge. People will see through it and you’ll appear foolish and arrogant. If you admit your ignorance, people will help you learn and respect your humility. For intelligent people this is the toughest lesson to learn. We are used to being right, and consider being wrong shameful. We’re afraid to lose status by looking stupid. This vain arrogance is a great weakness and the source of many problems. To crush it and embrace humility is the mark of true wisdom.
Connect With UsWhen we think of chocolate, many of us think of candy bars and sweet. But this is not how chocolate comes to us. In f-题库-e学大
您好,欢迎来 e学大,我们来自全国最大的智能教育机构——学大教育
当前位置:
When we think of chocolate, many of us think of candy bars and sweet. But this is not how chocolate comes to us. In f-题库-e学大
【任务型阅读】&& When we think of chocolate, many of us think of candy bars and sweet. But this is not how chocolate comes to us. In fact, it comes from the cacao tree that is found in the tropical(热带的) forests of Central and South America, because cacao beans need to grow in a hot and humid climate (湿热的气候) . The Mayas knew that they could get food and drink from the tree. The Aztecs often took the cacao beans and broke them into pieces in hot water, making a drink that was delicious and energy-producing for the body.&& When Columbus and Cortez came to America, they shipped cacao beans back to Spain. However,& at first few people accepted the drink because the taste was strange. When Columbus gave the information back to the Spanish Queen and King that one cup of chocolate from the cacao beans could provide a whole day’s energy for a man without the need for other food, attitudes(态度) quickly changed. && The need and the cost for chocolate produced by the cacao beans rose sharply. Soon all Europeans had fallen in love with chocolate. But chocolate was so expensive at that time that only the riches could afford this confection (甜食). At first, too much chocolate made people sick because more than half of the cacao bean is formed from fat, and few people knew how to remove the too much fat content(脂肪含量). Perhaps that is how we arrived at the expression, “Too much of a good thing can be bad for you.”&&&1&&&1、Europe答案解析&&&1&&&1、History答案解析&&&1&&&1、good/ necessary/ suitable答案解析&&&1&&&1、ship/ sea答案解析&&&1&&&1、accepted答案解析&&&1&&&1、price答案解析&&&1&&&1、Mayas答案解析&&&1&&&1、delicious答案解析&&&1&&&1、no答案解析&&&1&&&1、health答案解析相关微课程上一题:下一题:发现相似题
学生端下载Know - definition of know by The Free Dictionary /know
know Also found in: , , , , , , .
(nō)v. knew (no͞o, nyo͞o), known (nōn), know·ing, knows v.tr.1.
T grasp in the mind with clarity or certainty.2.
To regard as true beyond doubt: I know she won't fail.3.
To have a practical understanding of, a be skilled in: knows how to cook.4.
To have fixed in the mind: knows her Latin verbs.5.
To have experience of: "a black stubble that had known no razor" (William Faulkner).6. a.
recognize: I know that face.b.
To be acquainted with: He doesn't know his neighbors.7.
To be recognize as distinct: knows right from wrong.8.
To discern the character or nature of: knew him for a liar.9.
Archaic To have sexual intercourse with.v.intr.1.
To possess knowledge, understanding, or information.2.
To be cognizant or aware.Idioms:
know (someone) in the biblical sense To have sexual relations with (someone). in the know Informal
Possessing special or secret information. you know Informal
Used parenthetically in conversation, as to fill pauses or educe the listener's agreement or sympathy: Please try to be, you know, a little quieter. How were we supposed to make camp in a storm like that, you know?[Middle English knouen, from Old English cnāwan; see
in .]know′a·ble adj.know′er n.know (n??) vb (mainly tr) , knows, knowing, knew (nju:) or known (n??n) 1.
( may take a clause as object) to be or feel certain of the truth or accuracy of (a fact, etc)2. to be acquainted or familiar with: she's known him five years. 3. to have a familiarity or grasp of, as through study or experience: he knows French. 4.
( may take a clause as object) to understand, be aware of, or perceive (facts, etc): he knows the answer now. 5.
(foll by how) to be sure or aware of (how to be or do something)6. to experience, esp deeply: to know poverty. 7. to be intelligent, informed, or sensible enough (to do something): she knew not to go home yet. 8.
(may take a clause as object) to be able to distinguish or discriminate9. archaic to have sexual intercourse with10. I know what I have an idea11. know what's what to know how one thing or things in general work12. you know informal a parenthetical filler phrase used to make a pause in speaking or add slight emphasis to a statement13. you never know things are uncertainnin the know informal aware or informed[Old English gecnā related to Old Norse knā I can, Latin noscere to come to know] 'knowable adjknow
(noʊ)
knew, known, know•ing,
to perceive or underst apprehend clearly and with certainty.
to have fixed in the mind or memory:
to know a poem by heart.
to be cognizant of:
I know it.
to be acquainted or familiar with (a thing, place, person, etc.): I know the mayor well.
to understand from experience or practice:
to know how to make gingerbread.
to be able to distinguish, as one from another:
to know right from wrong.
to recognize:
I'd know her if I saw her again.
Archaic. to have sexual intercourse with.
to have knowledge or clear and certain perception, as of fact or truth.
to be cognizant or aware, as of some circum have information.
the fact knowledge.
in the know, privy to information.
[before 900; Middle English knowen, knawen, Old English gecnā c. Old High German -cnāhan, Old Norse knā to know how, akin to Latin(g)nōscere, Greek gignṓskein. See , 1]
know′a•ble, adj.
know′er, n.
know1. awareness of factsIf you know that something is true, you are aware that it is true. The past tense of know is knew. The -ed participle is known.I knew that she had recently graduated from law school.I should have known that something was seriously wrong.Be Careful!Don't use a progressive form with know. Don't say, for example, 'I am knowing that this is true'. You say 'I know that this is true'.2. 'I know'If someone tells you a fact that you already know, or if they say something and you agree, you say 'I know'.'That's not their fault, Peter.' – 'Yes, I know.''This pizza is great' – 'I know.'In American English you can also say 'I know it' in this situation. However, this often indicates that you are angry or annoyed.'The speed limit here is 35.' – 'Yeah, I know it.'3. 'let...know'If you say that you will let someone know something, you mean that you will give them some information when you receive it, or if you receive it.I'll find out about the car and let you know what's happened.Let me know if she calls.4. acquaintance and familiarityIf you know a person, place, or thing, you are acquainted with them or are familiar with them.Do you know David?He knew London well.Do you know the poem 'Kubla Khan'?5. 'get to know'If you want to say that someone gradually becomes acquainted with a person or gradually becomes familiar with a place, you say that they get to know the person or place.I got to know some of the staff quite well.I really wanted to get to know America.Be Careful!Don't use know without get to to mean 'become acquainted with'.6. 'know how to'If you know how to do something, you have the necessary knowledge to do it.No one knew how to repair it.Do you know how to drive?Don't say that someone 'knows to' do something.knowPast participle: knownGerund: knowingImperativePresentPreteritePresent ContinuousPresent PerfectPast ContinuousPast PerfectFutureFuture PerfectFuture ContinuousPresent Perfect ContinuousFuture Perfect ContinuousPast Perfect ContinuousConditionalPast ConditionalImperativeknowknowPresentI knowyou knowhe/she/it knowswe knowyou knowthey knowPreteriteI knewyou knewhe/she/it knewwe knewyou knewthey knewPresent ContinuousI am knowingyou are knowinghe/she/it is knowingwe are knowingyou are knowingthey are knowingPresent PerfectI have knownyou have knownhe/she/it has knownwe have knownyou have knownthey have knownPast ContinuousI was knowingyou were knowinghe/she/it was knowingwe were knowingyou were knowingthey were knowingPast PerfectI had knownyou had knownhe/she/it had knownwe had knownyou had knownthey had knownFutureI will knowyou will knowhe/she/it will knowwe will knowyou will knowthey will knowFuture PerfectI will have knownyou will have knownhe/she/it will have knownwe will have knownyou will have knownthey will have knownFuture ContinuousI will be knowingyou will be knowinghe/she/it will be knowingwe will be knowingyou will be knowingthey will be knowingPresent Perfect ContinuousI have been knowingyou have been knowinghe/she/it has been knowingwe have been knowingyou have been knowingthey have been knowingFuture Perfect ContinuousI will have been knowingyou will have been knowinghe/she/it will have been knowingwe will have been knowingyou will have been knowingthey will have been knowingPast Perfect ContinuousI had been knowingyou had been knowinghe/she/it had been knowingwe had been knowingyou had been knowingthey had been knowingConditionalI would knowyou would knowhe/she/it would knowwe would knowyou would knowthey would knowPast ConditionalI would have knownyou would have knownhe/she/it would have knownwe would have knownyou would have knownthey would have known
Switch to Noun1.know - the fact of being aware of information that is "he is always in the know" - a clear and certain mental apprehensionVerb1.know - be cognizant or aware of a fact or a specific
possess knowledge
"I know that the President lied to the people"; "I want to know who is winning the game!"; "I know it's time",
- keep inf "I keep track of the stock market developments" - be aware of th have a belief o regard as t "I know that I left the key on the table"; "Galileo knew that the earth moves around the sun", , , , ,
- be fully aware or cognizant of - be ignorant of or in the dark about2.know - know how to do
"She knows how to knit"; "Does your husband know how to cook?", , , ,
- be well-informed,
- have a firm understan "Do you control these data?",
- be or become completely prof "She mastered Japanese in less than two years"3.know - be aware of th have a belief o regard as t "I know that I left the key on the table"; "Galileo knew that the earth moves around the sun", ,
- be cognizant or aware of a fact or a specific
possess knowledge
"I know that the President lied to the people"; "I want to know who is winning the game!"; "I know it's time", , ,
- realize beforehand4.know - be familiar or acquainted with a "She doesn't know this composer"; "Do you know my sister?"; "We know this movie"; "I know him under a different name"; "This flower is known as a Peruvian Lily" -
"I know this voice!"5.know - have firsthand knowledge of states, situations, emotions, "I know the feeling!"; "have you ever known hunger?"; "I have lived a kind of hell when I was a drug addict"; "The holocaust survivors have lived a nightmare"; "I lived through two divorces",
- "The ex-slave tasted freedom shortly before she died",
- experience again, ofte "He relived the horrors of war", ,
- "We had many trials to go through"; "he saw action in Viet Nam"6.know - accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his "The Crown Prince was acknowledged as the true heir to the throne"; "We do not recognize your gods", ,
- cons "I cannot accept the dogma of this church"; "accept an argument"7.know - ha "I know Latin"; "This student knows her irregular verbs"; "Do you know the poem well enough to recite it?" - have (something) "She has the names of the fifty states down pat"8.know - have sex "This student sleeps with everyone in her dorm"; "Adam knew Eve"; "Were you ever intimate with this man?", , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- kiss, embrace, or fondle "The couple were necking in the back seat of the car",
- "He had taken this woman when she was most vulnerable" - have sex without being married, , ,
- engage i "Birds mate in the Spring"9.know - know the na "we all knew her as a big show-off", , , , ,
- be fully aware or cognizant of10.know - be able to distinguish, recogniz "The child knows right from wrong", , , , , , , ,
- "We distinguish several kinds of maple"11.know -
"I know this voice!" - be familiar or acquainted with a "She doesn't know this composer"; "Do you know my sister?"; "We know this movie"; "I know him under a different name"; "This flower is known as a Peruvian Lily", , , , , ,
- recall k "I can't remember saying any such thing"; "I can't think what her last name was"; "can you remember her phone number?"; "Do you remember that he once loved you?"; "call up memories"knowverb1. , , , , , ,
I don't know the name of the place. I think I know the answer.2. , , , , , be friendly with, , , socialize with, , be pals with Do you two know each other? be acquainted with be unfamiliar with3. (sometimes with about or of) , , ,
(Scot.), , , , , , feel certain of, have dealings in, be versed in Hire someone with experience, someone who knows about real estate. be familiar with be ignorant of, be unfamiliar with4. , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Would she know you if she saw you on the street?Proverbs"What you don't know can't hurt you""Know thyself"knowverb1. To perceive directly with the intellect:, , , , , .Scots:
.2. To participate in or partake of personally:, , , ,
(with), , ,
(of), .Archaic:
.Idiom: .3. To undergo an emotional reaction:, , , , .4. To perceive to be identical with something held in the memory:.5. To recognize as being different:, , , , , .
?????????? ???? ?????????????????????? ???????????????? ??????????sabervědětznátpoznatkendevidekende tilgenkendekonisciiteadmatundma??????tiet??tunteaymm?rt??poznavatiznatiismertudvitakunnaòekkjaòekkja, hafa òekkingu á?ekkja知っている??cognosceresciregerai orientuotisi?manantisi?manymasnebūti tokiam kvailampa?intizinātpazītprastsaprastiepazītvedetiznatipoznatispoznatik?nnavetaveta omk?nna tillkunna?????????eskiden yatmis olmakhaberi olmakniyetini bilmekbi?tknow [nəʊ] (knew (pt) (known (pp)))A. TRANSITIVE VERBLook up set combinations such as know the ropes, know one's stuff, know sth backward at the other word.1. (= be aware of)1.1. [+ facts, dates, etc] → to know the difference between →
entre ...she knows a lot about chemistry →
mucho de I don't know much about history → no sé mucho de I don't know much about that → no sé mucho I k I don't know anything about it → no sé nada he knows all the answers → lo
todoone minute you're leaving school, then before you know it, you've got a family to support →
que 1.2. (with clause) to know that →
queto know why/when/where/if →
por qué/cuándo/dónde/sito know how to do sth →
algodo you know how he did that? → ? cómo lo ?you know how it is → ya
cómo son las you don't know how glad I am to see you → no
cuánto me
de verteI'll or I'd have you know that → que
te , ...you haven't time, as well he knew → no
, como él bien you know as well as I do that →
que ...to know what →
qué or I know what I said → ya sé qué or
he doesn't know what to do → no
qué I don't know whether or not you've heard, but → no sé si has
o no pero ...to know what's what →
cuántas son cinco1.3. (in exclamations) I knew it! → ?lo !that's all you know! → ?y
podría yo contarte!don't I know it! → ?a mí me lo
a !"she's furious" - "don't I know it?" → -está
-?a mí me lo
a !how was I to know that ... ? → ?cómo
que ...?I should have known you'd mess things up! →
las do you know what, I think she did it! → ? una ?
ellaI know what, let's drop in on Daphne! → ?ya sé! ? a pasarnos por
de Daphne!you know what you can do with it! → ?mételo por donde te !(well,) what do you know! → ?qué te ?, ?fíjate!, ? ! (LAm)what does he know about dictionaries! → ?qué
él de !Peter, wouldn't you know it, can't come! → Peter, , no puede 1.4. to know to do sth >: does he know to feed the rabbits? → ? que
a los ?2. (= be acquainted with) [+ person, place] → ; [+ subject] → do you know him? → ?lo ?to know French →
to know one's classics/linguistic theory → saberse los /la
most of us know him only as a comedian →
nosotros lo
como civilization as we know it → la
tal y como la don't you know me better than that! → ?o
no me ?, ?como
me !to know sb by sight/name →
a algn de /de to know sb by reputation → haber
algnshe knew him for a liar and a cheat →
que era un
y un they know each other from university → se
if I know him, he'll say no → me
que noshe knows her own mind →
lo it's not what you know, it's who you know → lo
3. (with infinitive) I know him to be a liar → sé que es un he is known to have been there → se
I've never known him to smile → nunca lo he
I've never known her to be wrong → que yo
nunca se ha it has never been known to happen → no se
nuncaI don't know him to speak to → no lo
4. (= understand) I don't know how you can say that → no sé or
cómo puedes
esoyou know what I mean → ya me , ya
quiero I know the problem! →
el I know the problems that arise when → sé los
cuando ...5. (= recognize) → he knew me at once → me
I'd have known you anywhere → te hubiese
I knew him by his voice → le
por la to know right from wrong →
she knows a good thing when she sees it →
cuando lo ve6. (= be certain) I don't know if it has made things any easier → no sé si ha
las I don't know if or that it's a very good idea → no sé si es una
, no estoy
I don't know if I can do it → no sé si puedo hacerlo7. (archaic) (sexually) to know sb →
a algn8. (in set expressions)to get to know sb → (llegar a)
a algnI'd like to get to know you better → me
(llegar a) conocerte we got to know each other during military service →
a conocernos bien durante la to get to know sth as you get to know the piece better → cuando
..., cuando estás
...get to know the area before buying a house →
una to let sb know ... I'll let you know the price as soon as I can →
te lo let us know if you need help → avísanos si
let me know if you can't come → avísame
puedes let me know how you get on → ya me
cómo te fueB. INTRANSITIVE VERB1. (gen) → I don't know → no (lo) séyes, I know → si, ya lo séMummy knows best →
te he doesn't know any better → no
he thinks he's going to get the job, but I know better →
el , pero yo sé
cabe you ought to know better than to → ya
...Mary knows better than to risk upsetting me →
demasiado bien que no le
que me how should I know? → ?cómo
yo a saberlo?I know, let's → ya sé, one never knows, you never know → nunca se there's no (way of) knowing → no hay
saberloafterwards they just don't want to know (in relationships) → después "si te he
no me "; (in business) → después no quieren
who knows? → ?quién ?"was she annoyed about it?" - "I wouldn't know" → -?se
por eso? -?y yo que sé?it's not easy, you know → no es , you know, I think I'm beginning to like Richard → ??
que me está
B42. (in set expressions)to know about to know about sth/sb: did you know about Paul? → ?te has
lo de ?I didn't know about the accident → no me había
nada de lo
I'd known about his illness for some time →
everything you always wanted to know about sex →
ha querido
sobre el she knows about cats → ella
de "you must be delighted!" - "I don't know about that" → ?debes estar ! -no sé qué decirte"you're a genius!" - "oh, I don't know about that" → -?eres un ! -,
decirte"I'm taking tomorrow off" - "I don't know about that!" → - me
-no sé, habrá que I don't know about you, but I think it's terrible → a ti no sé, pero a mí me
to get to know about sth →
algoto know of (= be acquainted with) → I know of a nice little café →
I don't know him but I know OF him → no lo
; (= be aware of) I know of no reason why he should have committed suicide → que yo
para the first I knew of it was when Pete told me → lo primero que oí or
that was the first I knew of it → esa fue la primera noticia que
not that I know of → que yo , noto let sb know we'll let you know → ya te
, ya te I'll let you know on Monday → te
why didn't you let me know? → ?por qué no me lo ?C. NOUNto be in the know (= well-informed) → estar ; (= privy to sth) →
or al those not in the know →
no lo know [ˈnəʊ] vt [knew] (pt) [known] (pp) [+ name, date, address, details] → savoir, I don't know her address →
pas son .what do they know? (= they know nothing) → qu'est-ce qu'ils en ? (when followed by a clause) → savoirI don't know what to do →
quoi .to know what to expect → savoir
s'attendreWe knew what to expect → Nous
nous .you know what I mean → tu
ce que je veux You don't know how much it means to me → Tu ne peux pas savoir à quel point c'est
pour moi.to know how to do sth → savoir
qchThe doctors know how to deal with the disease → Les
la .I don't know how to do it →
comment .to know how sth happens → savoir comment qch We don't know how children acquire language → Nous ne
pas comment
le .to know that → savoir queI know that you like chocolate → Je
le .I didn't know that your Dad was a policeman → Je ne
pas que ton
était .I knew that he lived somewhere in Glasgow → Je
à Glasgow.I knew at once that something was wrong → J'ai
n'allait pas.to get to know sth [+ fact] →
de qchto let sth be known [+ intentions] →
qchto let it be known (that) ... →
que ...The Prime Minister has let it be known that he is against it → Le
savoir qu'il
contre.well, what do you know! → voyez-vous ?a !to know better than to do sth (= not make the mistake of doing sth) →
qch [+ person, place, book] → I know her → Je la .I don't know him → Je ne le
pasI know Paris well → Je
bien .Do you know the poem "Kubla Khan"? → Tu
"Kubla "?to get to know sb →
qnHe's quite nice once you get to know him → Il
à le .to get to know a country →
[+ language, words] → I don't know any German → Je ne
l'allemandShe knew a few words of English → Elle
d'anglais. (= recognize)He knew a good bargain when he saw one → Il
lorsqu'il en
une.to know right from wrong → savoir
le bien du
to know sb/sth as sth (= call) →
qn/qch Everyone knew him as Dizzy → Il était
Dizzy.to be known as (= called) → être BSE, more commonly known as Mad Cow Disease → l'ESB, plus
vi → savoirIt's a long way. - Yes, I know → C'est . - , je .I don't know → Je ne
pas.The white dress, you know, the one with the short sleeves → La
, tu , celle à
courtes.how should I know? → comment voulez-vous que je le ?you never know! → on ne
!as far as I know ... → à ma
...how was I to know (that) ...? → comment aurais-je pu savoir que ...?know about vt [+ news, arrangement, situation, event] →
deDo you know about the meeting this afternoon? → Tu es
de cet ?, Tu es
de cet ?He knew about the killing → Il était
du ., Il avait eu
du .I don't know about that (= don't agree) → je n'en suis pas si
(= have expertise in) [+ subject] → He knows about cars → Il s'y
en .to know a lot about sth → bien
qchI don't know much about computers → Je ne m'y
pas bien en .to know nothing about sth → ne rien
à qchShe knew nothing about music → Elle ne
.She didn't know anything about music → Elle ne
.know of vt (= have heard of) → Many people did not even know of their existence →
son .Do you know of a good hairdresser? → Tu
un bon ?no, not that I know of (= not as far as I know) → , pas
je know-all [ˈnəʊɔːl] n (British) → je-sais-tout
mfHe's such a know-all! → C'est
je-sais-tout!know-how [ˈnəʊhaʊ] n (= expertise) →
mThey are dependent on Western know-how → Ils
.know vb: pret &knew&, ptp &known& TRANSITIVE VERB = have knowledge about → ; answer, facts, dates, details, results etc → , ; French, English etc → k?nnen; he knew her to be guilty → er , dass sie
war; to know what one is talking about → , wovon man ; to know one’s own mind → , was man will; she knows all the answers → sie
sich aus; (pej) → sie
alles ; he might even be dead for all I know → vielleicht ist er
ich; he thinks he knows all the answers or everything → er , er
alles; that’s what I’d like to know (too) → das
ich auch ; THAT’S what I’d like to know → das
; that’s worth knowing → das ist ja ; that might be worth knowing → es k?nnte
sein, das zu ; before you know where you are → ehe man
; I’ve been a fool and don’t I know it! (inf) → ich sehs ja ein, ich war
(inf), → ich war vielleicht
(inf); she’s angry! — don’t I know it! (inf) → sie ist ! — wem
du das! (inf)
= be acquainted with people, places, book, author → ; I know Bavaria well → ich
aus; do you know him to speak to? →
Sie ihn ?; we all know her as the headmistress/a generous person → wir
Sie alle als die /einen
; if I know John, he’ll already be there → wie ich
, ist er schon da; he didn’t want to know me → er wollte nichts mit mir ; know thyself! →
dich selbst! ?
= recognize → ; to know somebody by his voice/walk etc →
an der /am
etc ; would you know him again? →
Sie ihn ?; he knows a good thing when he sees it → er , was
ist; he knows a bargain/good manuscript when he sees one → er , was ein
ist; this is the end of the welfare system as we know it → das ist das
Wohlfahrtssystems
= be able to distinguish →
k?nnen; don’t you know your right from your left? → k?nnen Sie rechts und links
?; you wouldn’t know him from his brother → Sie k?nnten ihn
von seinem
; do you know the difference between…? →
Sie, was der
zwischen … ist?; to know the difference between right and wrong, to know right from wrong → den
k?nnen; he wouldn’t know the difference → das
er ; he doesn’t know one end of a horse/hammer from the other → er hat keine
von /keine , was ein
= experience → ; I’ve never known it to rain so heavily → so einen
habe ich noch
; I’ve never known him (to) smile → ich habe ihn noch
, ich habe es noch
, dass er ; have you ever known me (to) tell a lie? → haben Sie mich
?; have you ever known such a thing to happen before? → haben Sie je schon
?, ist Ihnen
? Bibl (obs: sexually) →
INTRANSITIVE VERB → ; who knows? → wer ?,
ichs?; I know! → ich !,
ich (doch)!; (having a good idea) → ich
was!, ich habe eine !; I don’t know → (das)
ich ; as far as I know → soviel ich , ; he just didn’t want to know → er wollte
; afterwards they just didn’t want to know →
wollten sie
davon ; I wouldn’t know (inf) →
ich (doch)
(inf); don’t you know? →
du das denn ?; how should I know? → wie soll ich das ?; how was I to know? → wie sollte ich das ?; I’m damned if I know (inf) → ich habe
(inf); the channel was rough, as I well know or as well I know! → die
war , das kann ich dir
SET STRUCTURES ? to know that … → , dass … Note that while in English that can be omitted, in German dass must be used to introduce the next sentence. when I saw the ambulance, I knew (that) something was wrong → als ich den
ich, dass etwas
? to know why… → , warum …; he didn’t know why → er
, warum; I don’t know why you think it’s so funny → ich
, was du daran so
? to know how to know how to do something (in theory) → , wie man
; (in practice) →
k?nnen; I know how you feel → ich , wie Sie sich ; I don’t know how you can say that! → wie kannst du das nur !; you don’t know how good it is to see you again → Sie
, wie sehr ich mich , Sie
? to know better I know better than that → ich bin ja
; I know better than to say something like that → ich
zu ; he knows better than to eat into the profits → er ist
; he/you ought to have known better → das war
(von ihm/dir); he ought to have or should have known better than to do that → es war
von ihm, das zu ; you ought to know better at your age → in deinem
müsste man das aber (besser) ; they don’t know any better → sie
anders; he says he didn’t do it, but I know better → er , er war es , aber ich , dass das
? to know best OK, you know best → , Sie müssens ; mother always knows best →
? to get to know to get to know somebody →
; to get to know something (methods, techniques, style, pronunciation etc) →
; habits, faults, shortcuts etc →
herausfinden; to get to know a place → einen
? to let sb know to let somebody know something (= not keep back) →
; (= tell, inform) →
or ; he soon let me know what he thought of it → er hat mich
, was er davon ; when can you let me know? → wann k?nnen Sie es mich
?, wann k?nnen Sie mir
? ? you know… you know, we could/there is … →
du, wir k?nnten/da ist …; he gave it away, you know → er hat es
; it’s raining, you know → es ; then there was this man, you know, and … → und da war dieser ,
(wahr), und …; wear the black dress, you know, the one with the red belt →
schon, das mit dem
; it’s long and purple and, you know, sort of crinkly → es ist lang und
und, na ja, so ; (if you) know what I mean → du
schon ? you never know → man kann
? I’ll have you know it was nothing to do with me, I’ll have you know! → es hatte nichts mit mir zu , damit du es ! ? there’s no knowing (inf) → das kann keiner , das
; there’s no knowing what he’ll do → man
, was er noch tut ? what do you know! (inf) →
mal einer an!; what do you know! I’ve just seen her! (inf) →
Sie sich vor, ich habe sie eben
? to be known ? also ; to be known (to somebody) → (jdm)
sein; it is (well) known that … → es ist (allgemein) , dass …; is he/it known here? → ist er/das
man ihn/das ?; to be known for something → für
sein; he is known to have been here → man , dass er
war; he is known as Mr Smith → man
ihn als Herrn ; she wishes to be known as Mrs White → sie
? to make sb/sth known → / ; to make it known that … → , dass …; to make oneself known → sich
(to sb bei jdm); (= introduce oneself) → sich
(to sb jdm); (= become well-known) → sich (dat) → einen
; to make one’s presence known → sich
(to bei) ? to become known → ; (= famous) →
? to let it be known that … → , dass … NOUN ? to be in the know inf → , im
sein (inf), →
(inf); the people in the know say … → , die darüber
… PHRASAL VERBS ? know about vi +prep obj (= have factual knowledge, experience of) history, maths, politics → sich
in (+dat); Africa →
über (+acc); women, men, cars, horses → sich
mit; (= be aware of, have been told about) →
von; I know about that → das
ich; I didn’t know about that → das
ich ; I only knew about it yesterday → ich habe erst
davon ; I’d rather not know about it → das
; did you know about Maggie? →
du über Maggie ?; I know about John, but is anyone else absent? → , das
noch jemand?; to get to know about somebody/something → von / ; I don’t know about that → davon
ich nichts; (= don’t agree) → da bin ich aber
so ; I don’t know about you, but I’m hungry → ich
, wie es Ihnen , aber ich habe ; she’s very clever, isn’t she? — I don’t know about clever, but she certainly knows how to use people → sie ist sehr ,
? — , na, ich
, aber sie
vt sep +prep obj to know a lot/nothing/something about something (= have factual knowledge) → viel/nichts/einiges über
(acc) → ; (in history, maths etc) → in
(dat) → //ein
; (about cars, horses etc) → viel/nichts/einiges von
; (= be aware of, have been told about) → viel/nichts/einiges von
; we don’t know anything about him → wir
nichts über ihn; that was the first I knew about it → davon hatte ich nichts ; not much is known about that → darüber
viel; I know all about that → da
ich mich aus; (= I’m aware of that) → das
ich; (= I’ve been told about it) → ich
; I know all about you → ich
über Sie ; that’s all you know about it! (iro) → das meinst auch nur du!; I don’t know about that! → da bin ich mir
so ! ? know of vi +prep obj café, better method → ; (= have heard of) sb, sb’s death →
haben von; I soon got to know of all the facts/all his problems → ich war
über alle / seine
; I know of him, although I’ve never met him → ich habe von ihm , aber ich habe ihn noch
; not that I know of → , dass ich know: know-all n (Brit inf) → Alleswisser(in) m(f), → (in) m(f) know-how n →
nt; he hasn’t got the know for or to do the job → er hat
für diese know [nəʊ] (knew (vb: pt) (known (pp)))1. vta. (facts, dates) → to know that ... →
che...to get to know sth →
qcto know how to do sth →
qche knows all the answers → sa
(pej) → sa
tuttohe knows what he's talking about →
to know one's (own) mind →
si vuoleI know nothing about it → non ne so nientethere's no knowing what may happen → chissà cosa it soon became known that ... → si è
che...to make sth known to sb →
qc a qnhe is known to have been there → si sa che c'è statoit's worth knowing what/how
... →
che cosa/come ...to know sth backwards →
qc let me know how you get on → fammi
come vayou know how it is →
com'èI knew it! → lo !b. (be acquainted with, person, place, author, subject) → I don't know him → non lo to know sb by sight/by name →
qn di /di to get to know sb →
qnI don't know him to speak to → lo
solo di to make o.s. known to sb →
a qnhe is known as X → è
con or sotto il
di Xc. (recognize) → I knew him by his voice → l'ho
dalla she knows a good painting when she sees one → sa
to know the difference between ... →
fra...to know right from wrong →
dal 2. vi → as far as I know ... → che io ...,
io...we'll let you know → le
how should I know? → come vuoi che lo ?no, not that I know of → no, che io there's no (way of) knowing →
di saperloit's not easy, you know → non è , yes, I know → sì, lo soI don't know → non lo soyou ought to know better (than to ...) → dovresti saperlo
(che non è il caso di...)she says she didn't do it, but I know better → ha
che non è stata lei, ma
non la fahe doesn't know any better → non ha
or you know best → nessuno può saperlo
te(well,) what do you know! (fam) → chi l'avrebbe
!to know about or of sth →
di qcto know about or of sb →
di qnto get to know about sth →
qchow many "don't knows" are there? → quanti sono gli ?3. n to be in the know (fam) → essere , essere beninformato/aknow (n?u)
– past tense knew
(nju:) : past participle known –
to be aware of or to have been informed about. H I know he is at home because his H I know of no reason why you cannot go. weet
осведомен съм
vědět, znát
知っている
a ?ti, a cunoa?te
veta, k?nna till
знати
to have learned and to remember. He knows a lot of poetry. ken
???????? ??????????
?χω μ?θει, ξ?ρω απ' ?ξω ,
peast teadma
??????? ??-
????? ????
おぼえている
zināt; prast
mengetahui ,
???? ??????????
a cunoa?te, a ?ti
kunna, k?nna till
знати, мати певн? знання
???? ?? ??? ?????
to be awar to be friendly with. I know Mrs Smith – she lives near me. bekend met
??????? ????????
познавам
kende , , ?χω οικει?τητα με κπ.
???? ???? ??
?????? ????
biti svjestan, poznavati
知り合いである
…? ?? ????, ??? ??
????????? ???
a cunoa?te (pe cineva)
быть знакомым
бути знайомим, знати
?????? ????
có quen 4.
to (be able to) recognize or identify. You would hardly know her now – she
He knows a good car when he sees one. herken
?????????? ???? ????????
разпознавам
reconhecer
?ra tundma
???????, ????? ????
?ekkja, hafa ?ekkingu á
…? ??(??)??
mengetahui
reconhecer
a recunoa?te ;
prepoznati
prepoznati
knipslug, menande
вп?знавати
????? ?? ????
nh?n ra 'knowing adjective showing secret understanding. She gave him a knowing look. verstandhouding
?????? ????? ???????
разбиращ
intencional
sigende , γεμ?το? σημασ?α
????? ???????
pun razumijevanja
bennfentes
penuh pengertian
suprantantis
zino?s; saproto?s
pandangan bermakna
porozumiewawczy
??????????? ????
cu sub-?n?eles
knipslug, menande
bildi?ini g?steren, bilen
хитрий
???? ??? ?? ??????
hi?u bi?t 'knowingly adverb1.
in a knowing manner. She smiled knowingly. veelseggende wyse
???????????
разбиращо
intencionalmente
bevidst , με σημασ?α
con complicidad
tiet?v?sti
d'un air entendu
????????????
???????????
hotimice, svjesno
íbyggilega
(con l'aria di chi la sa lunga)
supratingai
zino?i; saproto?i
dengan penuh erti ,
porozumiewawczo
?? ?????????? ???????
intencionalmente
cu un aer de cunosc?tor
???????????????; ???????????
bilmi? bir ?ekilde, anlay??l? tav?rla
з? знанням справи
?????? ?? ????? ???
t? ra hi?u bi?t 2.
deliberately or on purpose. He would not knowingly insult her. opsetlik
???????????? ???????
съзнателно
deliberadamente
teadlikult
???????????
dengan sengaja
vísvitandi
s?moningai
dengan sengaja
med overlegg/vilje
deliberadamente
(?n mod) deliberat
know-how, kunnande, sakkunskap
??????????
навмисно
c? ? 'know-all noun an unkind name for a person who thinks he knows everything.
alwetende, beterweterig
????????? ??????????? ??? ???
всезнайко
der Besserwisser
blaerer?v , , <> ,
k?iketeadja
viisastelija
un(e) je-sais-tout
????????? ??????? ??????
?? ??? ????? ????
sveznalica
nagy,,okos”
ma?ur sem ?ykist allt vita
知ったかぶり
serba tahu ,
atot-?tiu-tor
sveznalica
besserwisser
?????????????????????????????????????
?ok bilmi? kimse, ukal?
自稱無所不知的人
всезнайко
???? ??????
ng??i t? cho mình bi?t m?i th? 'know-how noun the practical knowledge and skill to deal with something. She has acquired a lot of know-how about cars. kennis
умение
?????? ???????
pengetahuan praktis
??? ??, ???
kepandaian , praktische kennis
?? ?? ???? ????? ??? ????? ?? ????? ???
prakti?no znanje
know-how, kunnande, sakkunskap
???????????????
專業知識與技術
вм?ння, досв?д
(口)实践知识,技术秘诀 in the know having information possessed only by a small group of people. People in the know tell me that she is the most likely person to get the job. ingelig
в течение за
conhecedor
???? ?? ???? ???????
sis?piiriss?
????? ?????????????
????? ??? ?? ????? ?? ??????? ????
poznavatelj
yang diketahui
?? ?? ???????? ???? ?? ?? ???? ???
poznavalac
?????????????
知道內情的
добре по?нформований, знаючий
??????? ????? ???? ??? ??? ????
bi?t r? s? vi?c know backwards to know extremely well or perfectly. He knows his history backwards. goed ingelig
зная наизуст
saber de cor e salteado
?????? ?? ????? ????
tuntea kuin omat taskunsa
?????? ??????
????? ??????? ????
tahu benar
?? ? ?? ??
serba mengetahui
door en door kennen
?? ????? ???? ??????? ???
znati jako dobro
kunna ngt utan och innan
?????????????????
знати вздовж ? впоперек
??? ???? ??? ?? ?????
th?ng th?o
熟知,精通 know better to be too wise or well-taught (to do something). She should know better at her age!; He should have known better than to trust them. van beter weet
вече знам
????? ???? ????
ymm?rt?? olla tekem?tt? jtk
??????? ?????? ?? ??????
????????? ????
znati bolje
lebih mengetahui
zo verstandig/wijs zijn
?? ?? ???? ?? ?? ?? ??????
znati bolje
???????????????????
明事理(而不至於)
краще знати
??? ??? ?? ???? ??? ????
明事理…而不至于,有头脑 know how to to have learned the way to. She already knew how to read when she went to school. weet hoe, kenner
зная как
?? ??? ??? ????
??????? ??-
znati kako
tahu bagaimana , machtig zijn
???? ???? ?? ?????? ???
?????????????
навчитися
???? ??? ??????
bi?t cách làm gì know the ropes to understand the detail and procedure of a job etc.
познавам в детайли
entender do assunto
?? ??? ? ?? ???? ???? ???
osata hommat
?????????? ?????????????
???? ??? ??????? ?? ??????? ??????? ????
znati u detalje
mengetahui segalanya
van wanten weten
?? ???? ???? ??????? ??? ????????? ???
znati sve o nekom poslu
k?nna till knepen, kunna tekniken
???????????????????????
了解…的細節和程序
знати вс? ходи ? виходи
??? ??? ?? ???? ?? ?????? ??????? ???? ????
hi?u r? ng?n ngành know &#x2192;
vědět, znát kende, vide
tiet??, tuntea ,
poznavati, znati
知っている ?? ,
k?nna, veta ???, ?????? ,
bi?t , know vi. saber, [to be acquainted]to ___ how to → saber + inf; to ___ of → tener noticias de, estar enterado-a de.
Want to thank TFD for its existence? , add a link to this page, or visit .
Link to this page:
Nobod then Meg said in an altered tone, "You know the reason Mother proposed not having any presents this Christmas was because it is going to be a hard and she thinks we ought not to spend money for pleasure, when our men are suffering so in the army. And then, of course, he had known people, many people, known them in a peculiarly intimate way that was different from the way in which you and I know people. I know he meant no harm, I I know he is not a bad boy. You don't know what a comfort I felt in that thought. Say of you, Miss Manette, and although I know better--although in the mystery of my own wretched heart I know better--I shall never forget it To which Don Quixote replied, "What answer God will give to your complaints, housekeeper, I know not, nor what his Majest I only know that if I were king I should decline to answer the numberless silly petitions th for one of the greatest among the many troubles kings have is being obliged to listen to all and answer all, and therefore I should be sorry that any affairs of mine should worry him. I know but, as you are aware, the police does not content itself with vague reports. What occurred that night between myself and those officers I scarcely know, I scarcely remember. The scene was the Grove by Donnithorne Chase: you know who the men were. Dona Rita said to me once with humorous resignation: "You know, it appears that one must have a name. Everybody of any consequence or notoriety in Bath was well know by name to Mrs Smith. Raffles, and I did not know about you, and there was something I longed to tell you about him, something I could not tell you in a minute in the street, or indeed by word of mouth at all.
For webmasters:

我要回帖

更多关于 not only but as well 的文章

随机推荐