I woke a start made a terrible怎么读 dream[衰][衰][衰]

& Topic知识点 & “根据句子意思,用所给单词的适当形式填空。...”习题详情
285位同学学习过此题,做题成功率80.7%
根据句子意思,用所给单词的适当形式填空。(共10小题,每小题1分)【小题1】I haven’t seen my old friends for years. I’m really looking forward to meeting& them.(meet)【小题2】My toothache isn’t getting better today. Instead, it is getting worse&.(bad)【小题3】Peter’s parents don’t think Peter has the ability&(able) to take care of himself. 【小题4】My mother doesn’t allow me to go&(go) out at night.&&&【小题5】A famous movie star will give us a speech& (speak) tomorrow! How exciting!【小题6】It is uncomfortable&(comfortable)to live in a small and dark room. It is terrible!【小题7】I will never forget my twelfth&(12) birthday in my life!【小题8】Einstein was one of the greatest scientists&(science) in history. 【小题9】The book on the shelf includes&(include) some of my favourite stories.【小题10】I was sleeping in my room, suddenly&(sudden), somebody made a big noise and woke me up.
本题难度:较难
题型:填空题&|&来源:2014-广东深圳北环中学八年级上学期期中联考英语试卷
分析与解答
习题“根据句子意思,用所给单词的适当形式填空。(共10小题,每小题1分)【小题1】I haven’t seen my old friends for years. I’m really looking forward...”的分析与解答如下所示:
【小题1】句意:我好几年没见到我的老朋友了,我真的在期待着见到他们。look forward to盼望,期待,to是介词,后跟动名词,故填meeting。【小题2】句意:我的牙痛今天没有好转,而是更厉害了。对应前面的better,所以此处要用bad的比较级worse,故填worse。【小题3】句意:皮特的父母认为他没有能力照顾自己。这是一个否定前移的句子,have the ability to do sth有能力去做某事,要用able的名词形式ability,故填ability。【小题4】句意:我妈妈不允许我夜里外出。allow sb. to do sth.允许某人做某事,allow后跟不定式,故填to go。【小题5】句意:一个著名的电影明星明天要给我们做一个演讲,太令人激动了。give a speech做一个演讲,所以要用speak 的名词形式,故填speech。【小题6】句意:住在又小又黑的房间里太不舒服了,真是糟糕极了。这样的房间是不舒服的,所以要用comfortable的反义词,故填uncomfortable。【小题7】句意:在我的一生中永远都不会忘记我的12岁生日。第几个生日,要用序数词,所以要用12的序数词twelfth,故填twelfth。【小题8】句意:爱因斯坦是历史上最伟大的科学家之一。One of…,……之一,后跟可数名词的复数形式,故填scientists。【小题9】句意:书架上的那本书里包括我最喜爱的一些故事。the book是第三人称单数,所以谓语动词也要用单数形式,故填includes。【小题10】句意:我正在我的房间里睡觉,突然有人弄出很大的动静吵醒了我。此题考查副词作状语,所以要用sudden的副词形式suddenly,故填suddenly。
找到答案了,赞一个
如发现试题中存在任何错误,请及时纠错告诉我们,谢谢你的支持!
根据句子意思,用所给单词的适当形式填空。(共10小题,每小题1分)【小题1】I haven’t seen my old friends for years. I’m really looking fo...
错误类型:
习题内容残缺不全
习题有文字标点错误
习题内容结构混乱
习题对应知识点不正确
分析解答残缺不全
分析解答有文字标点错误
分析解答结构混乱
习题类型错误
错误详情:
我的名号(最多30个字):
看完解答,记得给个难度评级哦!
经过分析,习题“根据句子意思,用所给单词的适当形式填空。(共10小题,每小题1分)【小题1】I haven’t seen my old friends for years. I’m really looking forward...”主要考察你对“Unit”“Topic”“Module”
等考点的理解。
因为篇幅有限,只列出部分考点,详细请访问。
与“根据句子意思,用所给单词的适当形式填空。(共10小题,每小题1分)【小题1】I haven’t seen my old friends for years. I’m really looking forward...”相似的题目:
There&&&& a hospital in my hometown fifty years ago.hadwas used towereused to be
Paris is the capital of France. Its subway (地铁) is also very special. You can enjoy its culture when you are in this city. First you can see many people reading books in the subway. Whenever they are in the subway or at the station, there is always a book in the hand. The subway station in Paris is not big, but each of them has its special acts. Some stations look like ships. Some stations have clothes, caps and shoes. And every station has a big advertisement picture. But many of them are for selling clothes and cosmetics (化妆品).
You can meet some beggars (乞丐) in the subway. But the beggars in the Pairs subway are also very special. They often play the violin or guitar in the train. They don't feel shy at all. Instead they think it is natural. After playing, they will go around the train and ask you to give them some money.
If you want to learn more about Paris, go to the subway and enjoy its culture by yourself. 【小题1】Which city is the capital of France? 【小题2】What do people usually do when they are in the subway? 【小题3】Is the subway station very big in Paris?【小题4】What can you buy in some subway stations? 【小题5】How do the beggars get money from people in the subway?&&&&
—I’m afraid you have a cold. You’d better go to see a doctor.—&&&&No, I have no time.That’s a good idea.It’s very kind of you.I’m sorry to hear that.
“根据句子意思,用所给单词的适当形式填空。...”的最新评论
该知识点好题
该知识点易错题
欢迎来到乐乐题库,查看习题“根据句子意思,用所给单词的适当形式填空。(共10小题,每小题1分)【小题1】I haven’t seen my old friends for years. I’m really looking forward to ____ them.(meet)【小题2】My toothache isn’t getting better today. Instead, it is getting ____.(bad)【小题3】Peter’s parents don’t think Peter has the ____(able) to take care of himself. 【小题4】My mother doesn’t allow me ____(go) out at night.【小题5】A famous movie star will give us a ____ (speak) tomorrow! How exciting!【小题6】It is ____(comfortable)to live in a small and dark room. It is terrible!【小题7】I will never forget my ____(12) birthday in my life!【小题8】Einstein was one of the greatest ____(science) in history. 【小题9】The book on the shelf ____(include) some of my favourite stories.【小题10】I was sleeping in my room, ____(sudden), somebody made a big noise and woke me up. ”的答案、考点梳理,并查找与习题“根据句子意思,用所给单词的适当形式填空。(共10小题,每小题1分)【小题1】I haven’t seen my old friends for years. I’m really looking forward to ____ them.(meet)【小题2】My toothache isn’t getting better today. Instead, it is getting ____.(bad)【小题3】Peter’s parents don’t think Peter has the ____(able) to take care of himself. 【小题4】My mother doesn’t allow me ____(go) out at night.【小题5】A famous movie star will give us a ____ (speak) tomorrow! How exciting!【小题6】It is ____(comfortable)to live in a small and dark room. It is terrible!【小题7】I will never forget my ____(12) birthday in my life!【小题8】Einstein was one of the greatest ____(science) in history. 【小题9】The book on the shelf ____(include) some of my favourite stories.【小题10】I was sleeping in my room, ____(sudden), somebody made a big noise and woke me up. ”相似的习题。Yahoo, working at home: Marissa Mayer has made a terrible mistake&working from home is great for employees and employers.
Yahoo Has Made a Terrible Mistake. Working From Home Is Great for Employees and Employers.
Yahoo Has Made a Terrible Mistake. Working From Home Is Great for Employees and Employers.
Marissa Mayer, CEO of Yahoo
Photo by Johannes Eisele/AFP/Getty Images
Elsewhere in Slate, Katie Roiphe makes the case against .
It was nearly a decade ago that I stopped going into the office every day. I worked at
at the time, and my bosses didn&t really care how I worked, as long as I got stuff done. At first, like many people, I began working from home because I was lazy. By skipping my hourlong commute, I gave myself more time to sleep in and goof off. And without anyone watching over me, the goofing off was sure to be epic.
But I quickly realized that, counter to my intentions, working at home made me more productive. Without office distractions&listening to other people&s phone calls, bantering with the receptionist, figuring out where and with whom to go to lunch&I could report and write much faster. Telecommuting also freed me from pointless office commitments. For instance, I could call in to meetings, mute my line, and then do more important things with my time.
Advertisement
When I tell people that I work at home, they usually assume one of two things&that I&m un- or underemployed and just biding my time until I get a real job, or that I possess a monkish, single-minded devotion to work that they suggest is required for successful telecommuting. Neither is true. Instead, I&ve realized that, once you learn how to do it, working at home is superior in almost every way. It allows me to be better at my job and at my life&to be a more productive employee and a not-terrible husband and dad.
Working at home isn&t for everyone. As a writer, I work according to what Y Combinator&s Paul Graham calls the &.& My job requires long stretches of distraction-free time, and my output, on any particular day, is sensitive to my mood and environment. Working at home gives me the freedom to adjust these variables to maximum effect: Sometimes I find that I write better if I start a column after dinner, while other times I hit a wall during the middle of the day, take an hour off to get a snack and jump in the shower, and then come back to produce a .
You might work differently. Maybe your mind is best primed by conversations with your co-workers about . That&s fine. The point&and this is hardly groundbreaking&is that different people work differently. Any organization whose success depends on maximizing its workers& productivity ought to allow their employees some degree of flexibility.
That brings us to Yahoo&s ridiculous new ban on working from home. Last week,
that Marissa Mayer, the beleaguered Web company&s new CEO, will force Yahoo&s few hundred remote workers to relocate to its offices. In a , the company&s human-resources chief allows workers to &occasionally& stay home to &wait for the cable guy,& but otherwise requires people&I&m sorry, &Yahoos&&to submit to &the interactions and experiences that are only possible in our offices.& Because this was an HR memo and therefore freed from any requirement to be truthful, it went on to declare that &speed and quality are often sacrificed when we work from home.& It added: &We need to be one Yahoo!, and that starts with physically being together.& (I asked Yahoo to explain the policy to me, and a spokeswoman responded with this brief statement: &We don't discuss internal matters. This isn't a broad industry view on working from home&this is about what is right for Yahoo!, right now.")
Advertisement
Mayer is going to regret this decision. It&s myopic, unfriendly, and so boneheaded that I worry it&s the product of spending too much time at the office. (She did, after all,
next to her office to house her new baby). It&s not just that the policy completely elides the virtues of working from home. Numerous
have found that people can be more productive when they&re allowed to work away from the office. One, released this month by researchers at Stanford,
that when Chinese call-center employees were allowed to work from home, their performance increased by 13 percent. Considering such gains, it&s likely that Yahoo&s new ban will force remote workers to alter their work lives in a way that will lower their productivity. It will also put Yahoo at odds with just about every other tech company in Silicon Valley&firms that don&t impose such rules on working from home, and with whom Yahoo competes for talent.
Illustration by Robert Neubecker
The larger problem with the ban is its apparent cluelessness about how creative work occurs. Marissa Mayer is said to be a devoted office worker. Both her admirers and critics call her a workaholic, a woman who&s gotten ahead not just through talent but also by working longer hours than most other people. Yahoo is a Web and media company, a firm teeming with engineers, designers, writers, and editors&people whose work not only can be accomplished remotely, but also people who may find working at home to be a better way to get things done. This decision suggests that Mayer doesn&t understand one of the most basic ideas about managing workers&that different people work in different ways, and that some kinds of pursuits are inhibited, rather than improved, by time in the office.
The working-from-home ban also reveals that Mayer doesn&t know how to measure her workers& performance. Swisher quotes a source who says that Mayer has been &irked about Yahoo parking lots that are slow to fill in the morning and quick to empty by 5 p.m.& This is a classic bad-manager misconception&that a full parking lot means people are getting stuff done. And it&s easy for employees to game that system. If my boss makes it clear that she&s looking for my car in the parking lot in the evenings and on weekends, all I&ve got to do to get noticed is spend a lot of time at the office. Sure, this will ruin the rest of my life, but otherwise it&s easy&as long as I&m in the office, even if I&m just playing solitaire, I know I&ll be making a good impression.
By contrast, allowing workers to work from anywhere pushes managers to look at more important measurements of productivity. As David Fullerton, the vice president of engineering at the Web firm Stack Exchange,
extolling the virtues of remote working, &As a manager, I can&t easily know how many hours each person on my team is working. This is actually good for me because it forces me to look at what they&ve done.&
Advertisement
One theory behind Yahoo&s office-only policy is that it&s an effort to combat the firm& the firm, , has been beset by people who claim to be working remotely but just don&t ever get things done. But if that&s the case, then why use this blunt instrument? Why not just fire the people who aren&t doing their work?
One last thing: Yahoo&s HR memo defends its working-from-home ban by pointing to the improvement in &collaboration and communication& that stems from being in the office. This is a reference to a long line of
pointing to the benefits of propinquity&when people from different disciplines interact with one another, they come up with brilliant ideas together. (See Jonah Lehrer&s
explaining the researc despite the author&s disgrace, the research still looks pretty solid.)
Yahoo&s memo seems to suggest there&s a tension between the productivity gains to be had from remote working and the collaborative spirit fostered by people in close proximity to one another. But that doesn&t have to be the case. Companies with flexible policies can allow people to work at home a few days a week and from the office on other days. Modern communications technologies can also help. For instance, telepresence robots like the
allow home workers to move a robotic avatar through a faraway office. People who work using these technologies have told me that they allow for offsite workers to interact with their colleagues very naturally. The more you use it, the more you feel like you&re really there.
Such remote-working technologies are going to get much better in the next few years. I suspect that in time, the distinction between working in the office and working at home will fade away. We&ll all be able to work from anywhere, at any time, and our work will be assessed by what we produce, not how much time we spend doing it. Except at Yahoo, where the only thing that counts is showing up.
Farhad Manjoo is a technology columnist for the New York Times and the author of .扫二维码下载作业帮
2亿+学生的选择
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
2亿+学生的选择
帮忙填一个英语补全对话,A:You look upset today.1.___________?B:I didn't sleep well last night.A:2.___________?B:I had a terrible dream.When I was walking to school,I fell into a big river.A:3.____________?B:I shouted for a long time .But nobody came to help me.A:Then?B:Then I woke up.It was two in the morning.4__________ and I looked at the ceiling unitl six.A;_______________!
小汐子92BF
扫二维码下载作业帮
2亿+学生的选择
What's the matter?/why?Why didn't you sleep well?After that?I can't fall asleep again/ I stayed awake So bad!1.What's the matter?(怎么了?) 2.Why?(为什么?) 3.And then?(然后呢?) 4.Non ho sonno(睡不着) 5.Oh,bless you (天呐,愿上帝保佑你)what's up?why?really?It was hard for me to fall asleep again Oh,my
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
1.what's wrong with you?2.Why didn't you sleep well? 3.And?4.i stayed up5.Oh, God bless you.(愿上帝保佑你...)
Don't youwhyand thenoh my god
what's up?why?really?It was hard for me to fall asleep again Oh, my!
1.What's the matter?(怎么了?)2.Why?(为什么?)3.And then?(然后呢?)4.Non ho sonno(睡不着)5.Oh,bless you (天呐,愿上帝保佑你)
What's the matter?/why?Why didn't you sleep well?After that?I can't fall asleep again/ I stayed awakeSo bad!
扫描下载二维码I woke up late and had breakfast in a hurry. I had never been late and didn’t want my boss to be unsatisfied.However, it seemed that day wasn’t a lucky one for me from the very second I left my flat 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
I woke up late and had breakfast in a hurry. I had never been late and didn’t want my boss to be unsatisfied.However, it seemed that day wasn’t a lucky one for me from the very second I left my flat. The moment I wanted to rush downstairs one of my stiletto heels (细高跟) broke. I had to return to change my red shoes. I also had to change my purse and other little things that I had tried to match with the shoes. I was sure I would be late for work.On my way to work I had to wait for over half an hour because of an accident. I had no choice but to wait. I phoned my boss and he told me that it was no problem, but he needed me for the meeting with the Japanese clients (客户) that morning.Finally, I arrived at the office one hour later. I had to keep calm and be fresh for the meeting to make the clients sure that our plan was the best for their future commercial (商业的) project. However, I left the plan I had made the night before at home and was going to present (介绍) it to the clients. I was about to get angry when I realized that I had a draft (草稿) of it in my office.At last, the presentation came to an end and it turned out to be a success. But I have to say that I had a terrible day, full of incidents (事件).【小题1】Which of the following is NOT the reason of the writer being late for her work?A.She got up late in the morning.B.She changed her purse and other little things.C.One of her shoe heels broke.D.She had a traffic accident on the way to work.【小题2】 According to the passage, what could we learn about the writer?A.Her boss was very angry with her.B.She often arrived at her office on time.C.She left her plan on the bus.D.She was nervous at the meeting.【小题3】What did the clients think of the writer’s presentation (介绍)?A.Dull.B.Just so-so.C.Excellent.D.Terrible.【小题4】According to the passage, which is the correct order of the following events?a. She presented the plan to the clients.b. One of her stiletto heels broke.c. She arrived at the office.d. She phoned her boss.e. She tried to match her purse with her red shoes.A.beacdB.ebdcaC.dceabD.Edcba【小题5】 Which old saying could be used to describe the writer’s incidents?A.Failure is the mother of success.B.A good beginning makes a good ending.C.Where there is a will, there is a way.D.One trouble never comes alone.
【小题1】D【小题2】B【小题3】C【小题4】B【小题5】D&&
解析试题分析:【小题1】细节题:第一段,第二段提到她迟到的原因,没有提到出交通事故。选D【小题2】推理题:从第一段的句子:I had never been late 可推理出作者总是准时到办公室的。选B【小题3】推理题:从最后一段的句子:the presentation came to an end and it turned out to be a success.可知委托人认为作者的介绍令人兴奋。B项是:就这么回事,选C【小题4】排序题:从故事发展的顺序可知a是最后发生的,可以在BD之间选答案,cb两小题是c发生在后面,选B【小题5】归纳题;从故事的经过和最后一句话:But I have to say that I had a terrible day, full of incidents (事件).可知作者是祸不单行。选D&&考点:考查故事类短文阅读点评:故事讲述了作者一天之内发生的不好的事,幸好没有影响工作。在解答这类问题时要求学生抓住题干文字信息,采用针对性方法进行阅读,因为这类题的答案在文章中可以直接找到。?
科目:高中英语
来源:2012届辽宁省葫芦岛一高高三上学期第一次月考英语试卷(带解析)
题型:完型填空
I woke up the other day to find that 10 inches of freshly fallen snow was waiting for me outside my door. The flakes were still __36__ heavily too. I didn’t want my little dogs __37__ in it, so I reluctantly __38__ on my heavy coat and grabbed the snow shovel to make a __39__. I had only gotten a bit done, however, _40_ the handle of my old snow shovel __41__ with a “snap”. Laughing and shaking my head, I _42_ to wait out the storm for a while.It was late in the afternoon when the snow finally __43__ and I trudged(跋涉) over to my Dad’s house to borrow his shovel and _44__ again. By then the 10 inches of snow had turned into a foot and a half. I started out slow setting a steady __45__ and stopping to rest whenever my back started to ache. After a while, though, the __46__ finally broke and the sun peeked out to __47__ me on. The work seemed a lot easier then even though it was still __48__. I even sang a few Christmas carols and __49__ while I cleared out the drives, cleaned off the cars, and shoveled out the paths. After an hour of hard work the job was finally done. _50_, I let the child that still lives __51__ of me fall back into the snow and _52_ a snow angel for the angels in Heaven to see. It felt good walking back to my house after a job well done. It felt even better _53__ around at this wonderful world of white.I don’t know why life sometimes gives us spring days and sometimes dumps a ton of snow in us. I do know, __54_, that we can pray, laugh, love, and choose _55__ through it all.【小题1】A.fallingB.floatingC.pilingD.flying【小题2】A.missingB.runningC.hidingD.drowning【小题3】A.pulledB.draggedC.drewD.pushed【小题4】A.differenceB.discoveryC.pathD.snowman【小题5】A.untilB.whenC.onceD.as【小题6】A.crashedB.bentC.slippedD.broke【小题7】A.decidedB.hopedC.continuedD.hesitated【小题8】A.disappearedB.frozeC.stoppedD.melted【小题9】A.clearB.tryC.checkD.think【小题10】A.developmentB.rateC.stepD.pace【小题11】A.cloudsB.shovelC.skyD.trees【小题12】A.overlookB.cheerC.shineD.watch【小题13】A.heavyB.coldC.warmD.bright【小题14】A.dancedB.jumpedC.stoppedD.smiled【小题15】A.LaughingB.CryingC.RestingD.Wandering【小题16】A.outsideB.insideC.beyondD.above【小题17】A.catchB.findC.makeD.pretend【小题18】A.lookingB.walkingC.turningD.wondering【小题19】A.anywayB.stillC.thenD.however【小题20】A.fateB.determinationC.joyD.luck
来源:年山东省兖州市高二下学期期末考试英语试卷
As I got up today, I smelt fresh coffee. I woke up to &&36 &&a cup of it with some biscuits on my bedside table. This reminded me of &&37 &, the old school and college days, when mom used to wake me up by serving a &&38 &&cup of coffee. The taste is still so &&39 &&in my memories.A &&40 &&&thought hit me, “I was in bed, so who prepared this coffee for me? Is it a dream?”I pinched(掐)myself, ouch… that hurt, which meant I was not &&41 &. I walked out of the room with the cup of coffee, &&42 &&my roommate. I asked him whether he prepared that for me, and the answer was YES.I was relaxed &&43 &&somehow my heart wanted him to say NO, because I wanted to be in a &&44 &&that my mom prepared it for me. The whole &&45 &&reminded me of mom and I &&46 &&her at that moment.On my way to my office, I was thinking about those days when mom used to cook my &&47 &meal. I could not &&48 &&any single day when I slept without food. But now, I no longer &&49 &the food mom cooked. This very thought &&50 &&tears to my eyes and I decided to call up mom. I reached the office and gave her a call.
The first thing she asked was, “Is everything all right?” I was &&51 &. And I thought, “How the time has &&52 &”. When I was with her, I used to call her after every hour when I was out with my friends. In those days she &&53 &&asked me what was wrong, as she knew that it was my habit. My call at this point of the day to her meant that I was in &&54 &. Time has changed, she is still the same, and it is &&55 &&who have changed. 【小题1】A.findB.drinkC.prepareD.cook【小题2】A.kitchenB.comfortC.warmthD.home【小题3】A.smellingB.cookingC.steamingD.pouring【小题4】A.deepB.freshC.heavyD.recent【小题5】A.funnyB.possibleC.realisticD.sudden【小题6】A.thinkingB.workingC.dreamingD.reacting【小题7】A.in search ofB.in favor ofC.in place ofD.in case of【小题8】A.andB.butC.orD.so【小题9】A.senseB.reliefC.beliefD.state【小题10】A.sceneB.incidentC.careD.matter【小题11】A.hatedB.expectedC.missedD.questioned【小题12】A.lastB.everyC.tastyD.complete【小题13】A.checkB.countC.rememberD.cover【小题14】A.packB.finishC.imagineD.enjoy【小题15】A.broughtB.causedC.pushedD.raised【小题16】A.carelessB.speechlessC.rootlessD.homeless【小题17】A.influencedB.passedC.fliedD.changed【小题18】A.neverB.stillC.oftenD.almost【小题19】A.peaceB.surpriseC.troubleD.progress【小题20】A.my roommateB.sheC.the situationD.I
来源:学年山西康杰中学高三第四次模拟英语卷(解析版)
When I was in the ninth grade, my parents startedfighting. I could hear them &&36&&at each other atnight. It always seemed like they were fighting about me. I started to &&37&&andcouldn’t fall asleep. Some nights I didn’t feel like I &&38&&atall. My grades really started to &&39&&too. It washard to pay attention during class because I felt so &&40&&allthe time.My mom had to take me to see a therapist(治疗专家). On the way, I &&41&&toworry even more. What would my friends &&42&&me ifthey knew I was going to see a therapist? What if the therapist couldn’t &&43&&&me?It was not that &&44&. Mytherapist asked me a lot of questions and then we talked about how my lifemight &&45&&if I was able to get more sleep. &&46&&Iunderstood how the future could be better, I felt really &&47&&totry new things. At the end of the session, I was sent home with a piece ofpaper called a sleep diary. When I woke up each morning, I had to answer allthese questions about my sleep.& 48&, she gave me homework related to my sleep. I wasn’t &&49&&totext or be on my computer after 8 pm. If I couldn’t fall asleep after about tenminutes, she wanted me to get up and do something in another room that wouldhelp me to &&50&&and feel sleepy.During the therapy sessions, she was a cheerleader formy life and kept &&51&&out all the things I wasdoing right. With her help, it was so much easier to notice the &&52&&thingsthat were happening all around me.After about two months of seeing my therapist, I wassleeping at least eight hours a night, sometimes even nine! I felt happier. Icould &&53&. My grades got better. Basically, I felt likemyself! It was so much better to admit that something was &&54&&andto do something to fix it &&55&&just watch my wholelife get worse and worse.1.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.laughing &&&&&& B.shooting&&&&&&& C.knocking& D.screaming&2.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.doubt&&&&&&&&& B.worry&&&&&&&&& C.protest&& D.quarrel&3.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.slept&&&&&&&&&& B.ate&&&&&&&&&&& C.spoke&&& D.dreamed&4.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.reduce&&&&&&&& B.change&&&&&&&& C.drop D.influence&5.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.bored&&&&&&&&& B.tired&&&&&&&&&& C.upset D.shy&6.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.refused&&&&&&& B.happened&&&&&& C.ended&&& D.started&7.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.think about&&&&& B.worry about&&&& C.get on with&&& D.agree with&8.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.teach&&&&&&&&& B.fix&&&&&&&&&&&& C.answer&& D.recognize&9.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.helpful&&&&&&&& B.interesting&&&&& C.awful D.practical&10.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.improve&&&&&&& B.develop&&&&&&& C.benefit&&& D.adjust&11.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.If&&&&&&&&&&&& B.Unless&&&&&&&& C.Though&&& D.Once&12.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.nervous&&&&&&& B.surprised&&&&&& C.excited&&& D.calm&13.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.Therefore&&&&& B.Besides&&&&&&&& C.However& D.Instead&14.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.allowed&&&&&&& B.reminded&&&&&& C.asked D.persuaded&15.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.study&&&&&&&&& B.relax&&&&&&&&&& C.respond&& D.recover&16.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.picking &&&&&&& B.trying&&&&&&&&& C.leaving&&& D.pointing&17.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.tiny&&&&&&&&&& B.exciting&&&&&&& C.positive&& D.important&18.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.forgive&&&&&&&& B.concentrate&&&& C.appreciate D.understand&19.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.wrong&&&&&&&& B.significant&&&&&& C.acceptable D.realistic&20.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.instead of&&&&&& B.as well as&&&&&& C.rather than D.other than&&
来源:2015届吉林省高一上学期期末考试英语试卷(解析版)
题型:阅读理解
I woke up late and had breakfast in a hurry. I hadnever been late and didn’t want my boss to be unsatisfied. However, it seemed that the day wasn’t a lucky one forme from the very second I left my flat. The moment I wanted to rush downstairs,one of my stiletto heels (细高跟) broke. I had toreturn to change my red shoes. I also had to change my purse and other littlethings that I had tried to match with the shoes. I was sure I would be late forwork. On my way to work I had to wait for over half an hourbecause of an accident. I had no choice but to wait. I phoned my boss and hetold me that it was no problem, but he needed me for the meeting with theJapanese clients (客户) that morning. Finally, I arrived at the office one hour later. I hadto keep calm and be fresh for the meeting to make the clients sure that ourplan was the best for their future business project. However, I left the plan Ihad made the night before at home and was going to make a presentation (介绍) about it to the clients. I was about to get angrywhen I realized that I had a copy of it in my office. At last, the meeting came to an end and it turned outto be successful. But I have to say that I had a terrible day, full ofincidents.1.Which of the following is NOT the reason of thewriter being late for her work? A.She got uplate in the morning. B.She changedher purse and other little things. C.One of hershoe heels broke.D.She had atraffic accident on the way to work.2.According to the passage, what could we learn aboutthe writer?A.Her boss wasvery angry with her. B.She oftenarrived at her office on time. C.She left herplan on the bus.D.She wasnervous at the meeting.3.What did the clients think of the writer’spresentation?A.Dull.&&&&&&&&&&&& B.Just so-so.&&&&&&&& C.Excellent.&&&&&&&& D.Terrible.4.Which old saying could be used to describe thewriter’s incidents? A.Failure isthe mother of success. B.A goodbeginning makes a good ending. C.Where thereis a will, there is a way. D.One troublenever comes alone.&
来源:学年贵州省五校高三第五次联考英语题
题型:阅读理解
(Reuters)--- A Michigan man credited hisdog with saving his life by chewing off his diseased big toe as he lay passedout in a drunken stupor(昏迷)Jerry Douthett, 48, who woke up on aSaturday night in late July in his Rockford, Michigan home to find his JackRussell Terrier, Kiko, had gnawed off his right big toe.“The dog always lies with me on the bed”,said Douthett. “That night, I woke up and looked down at my foot, and it waswet. When I looked, it was blood and there was the dog looking at me with ablood moustache.”Douthett’s wife, Rosee, rushed him to ahospital where doctors found he was suffering from Type 2 diabetes. His toe wasbadly infected and surgeons amputated(截)the remainder of the toe. Douthett’s wife, a registered nurse, hadbeen urging him for weeks to have his infected toe examined by a doctor.On the night Kiko ate his toe, Douthettsaid he had been out with his wife and drank about six or seven beers and apair of giant margaritas—big enough to put goldfish in.“I was self-medicating at this point,” hesaid. “The moral of the story is that the dog saved my life, because otherwiseI would never have gone to see a doctor.”The couple said they were amazed that Kikoappeared to know Douthett had an infection that needed treatment.“He kind of chewed off the infected partand stopped at the good bone,” said Rosee. “We joked that we shouldn’t have hadto pay the co-pay because he did half the job by chewing off half of the toe.”1.What does the underlined phrase “gnawedoff” probably mean?
A.bit away
B.cared for
C.sucked on
D.smelt out
2.It can be learned from the textthat________________.
A.Douthett’s wife was a doctor
B.Douthett’s wife felt something about his disease
C.Douthett never got that drunk
D.Douthett had seen a doctor for his disease
3.From the text we know that Kiko______________.
A.is in top physical condition
B.was trained at an early age
C.nearly cost Douthett his life
D.saved his master’s life
4.Which is NOT true according to the text?
A.It is hard for the couple to explain the dog’s behaviour
B.Jerry Douthett went to see a doctor because of Kiko’s chewing his big toe..
C.The couple shouldn’t have to pay the co-pay because Kiko did half the job.
D.Kiko didn’t hurt the good bone of its master.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号

我要回帖

更多关于 woke up with a start 的文章

随机推荐