按照括号内权利要求 括号写出英语单词: 1, true (副词),(名词) 2, vacation

> 【答案带解析】请根据括号中的中文提示、英文释义或句意,写出句中所缺单词,使句子通顺。 1.__...
请根据括号中的中文提示、英文释义或句意,写出句中所缺单词,使句子通顺。1._____________(凭借) hard work, Spud won the Slam Dunk Contest in 1986.2.His parents _____________(同意) that he can play football for an hour on Saturday afternoon.3.If you ______________(need) strength in either body or mind, you can wear red.4.I hope you think my answer is _____________(of great value) to you.5.The TV is always on at Amy’s home. The noise almost drives her ____________. 
4.valuable
试题分析:
1.1】句意:通过艰苦的工作,Spud在1986年赢得了扣篮冠军。此题考查介词,根据句意,故填through。
2.踢一个小时的足球。此题考查动词。根据汉语意思,故用agree。
3.如果你在身体或心灵方面需要力量,你可以穿红色。此题...
考点分析:
考点1:单词拼写
单词拼写题是中考英语试题中常见的题型之一,主要考查学生“识词、记词和用词”的能力。这类试题体现了“词不离句”的特点,要求学生注意单词在句子中的确切含义与正确形式,而不是孤立地死记硬背单词。
“单词拼写”题主要有下面一些题型。
& & 一、词类转换
& & A)按要求写出该词的相应形式。
& & 1. boy(复数)
& & 2. they(宾格)
& & 3. thin(比较级)
& & 4. dance(v-ing形式)
& & 5. break(过去分词)&
& & (福州市中考题)
& & 这种题型是单词拼写题型中比较机械的一种,主要是考查学生对单词形式变换的掌握程度,要求学生掌握单词的变化规则以及一些构词法。(答案 :1. boys 2. them 3. thinner 4. dancing 5. broken)
& & B)用括号中所给单词的正确形式填空。
& & 1. Which is (far) from us,the sun or the moon?
& & 2. The pot is used for (keep) water hot.
& & 3. Mike is ill. His mother feels (worry).&
& & 4. Beijing will be (rain)tomorrow.
& & 5. They are my (friendly).
& & 这种题型是比较灵活的词类转换形式。它不仅考查学生对单词变换形式的掌握程度,更主要是考查学生对句子成份划分的能力及对各种词类能作什么成份的掌握程度。解答这类题必须先考虑所给词在空格处作什么成份,理解句意,然后采用适当的形式。
& & 第1题,根据句意“太阳和月亮哪一个离我们较远?”,二者比较,应用比较级,故填 farther;
& & 第2题, for是介词,后接v-ing形式,故填keeping;
& & 第3题,feel是系动词,后面应接形容词作表语,故填worried;
& & 第4题,rain的形容词为rainy;
& & 第5题,根据句意,此处应填名词,又因主语They为复数,放这里应填friends。
& & 二、词语释义
& & 根据英文解释,完成下列单词的拼写,每个单词的第一个字母已给出。
& & 1. c (put one thing over another)
& & 2. u (different from;not in the same way)
& & 3. F (the second month of the year)
& & 4. s (not hurt,not in danger)
& & 5. l (not heavy)
& & 6. v (a place smaller than a town)
& & 7. r (having much money)
& & 8. f (of, in or from another country)
& & 9. w (make clean with water)
& & 10. c (easy to see, hear, read or understand) (安徽省中考题)
& & 这类题主要考查学生是否能理解一定的英语解释及掌握某些同义词、近义词或反义词。解答这类题,必须先弄懂释义,再根据提示,写出单词。
& & (答案 :1. cover 2. unlike 3. February 4. safe 5. light 6. village 7. rich 8. foreign 9. wash 10. clear)
& & 三、汉译英
& & 根据下列句子及所给汉语注释,写出空缺处各单词的正确形式。
& & 1. Miss Brown taught (他们) English last term.
& & 2. We don’t think their classroom is (干净) than ours.
& & 3. Is it the best one of the (照片) of your family ?
& & 4. I spent an hour (写) the passage last night.
& & 做这类题要从语法的角度,认真检查所填英语单词的词形是否正确。如果填的是名词,要注意它们是单数还是复数;如果填的是形容词、副词,要注意它们是否需要用比较级或最高级;如果是动词,要注意它们的时态、语态以及语气等。
& & 第1题,根据句意,taught后面应接人称代词的宾格形式,故填them;
& & 第2题,根据句意,此处应填形容词比较级cleaner;
& & 第3题,根据句意,此处可填photo或 picture;又因 one of后应接可数名词的复数形式,故应填 photos/pictures;
& & 第4题,根据句意,“花费多少时间做某事”常用句型“spend+时间+doing sth”,故此处应填 writing。&
相关试题推荐
A “Gap Year” is a period of time when a student takes a break before going to university. It is often spent travelling or working. It can give young people useful learning experiences and new skills.Gap years are popular with European and Australian students, but remain less popular in America. However, in recent years, more and more American students are preparing for college by taking a gap year. The advantages of taking a gap year are as follows:Learn about the World and YourselfAlthough you don’t have to go abroad to experience gap years, most gap year students catch the chance to travel abroad. You are able to work out who you are and what you are for. The experiences of different cultures offer you interesting lessons. You can learn more about the world and get to know yourself better.Face Challenges and Have FunA gap year is not only a time to take a vacation, but also a time to face challenges. Gap year students usually work, volunteer or take service projects. You have to learn how to get along in the real world. This process isn’ t always easy, but it is an important part of growing up. Only in this way can you enjoy life and have fun.Save Money and Improve Your College Admission ChancesThere’s a common thought that gap years are only for rich students, but it’ s not true. Actually, taking a gap year can save your money. Gap year students often take a part-time job. Besides, at the end of a gap year, students are much more likely to know what to study in college. Clear learning goals ran keep the students working hard instead of wasting time and money playing.Imagine an admission officer trying to admit (录取) only one between two students. Both of them are excellent and have high grades. However, one student has much practical experience or has volunteered in his vacation. Who do you think the admission officer will choose?1.A “Gap Year” means
in the passage.A. going abroad in a year for further educationB. travelling around the world in a yearC. taking a break before going to a universityD. doing a part-time job to make money during a vacation2.Besides having fun, gap year students have to face the
B. informationC. vacations
D. challenges3.Having a gap year may make you
.A. become very richB. remain less popularC. experience foreign culturesD. have no chance to break4.The last sentence implies(暗含) that
will probably be admitted by the admission officer.A. either of the two studentsB. the student with high gradesC. neither of the two studentsD. the student with a gap year experience 
Have you ever trained your brain(大脑)? Now there are some new suggestions, such as eating darkchocolate and having cold meat for breakfast. You should also avoid watching soap operas, spending time with people who complain or follow fat-free diets, according to a new book on getting “brain-fit”.Many of the suggestions in Teach Yourself Training Your Brain are surprising. The book says to read out loud while holding a baby. Writers Terry Horne and Simon Wootton say their advice is from the latest research by experts around the world.“For years we have thought our brain capability (能力) is decided by our genes(基因). But it’s now clear that it depends on our lifestyle. What we eat and drink, how we learn at school and what type of feelings we have are all important,” said Horne.The book talks about the most up-to-date thinking in science about how diet, the environment, stress and other sides of modern life affect our brain capacity. It also offers advice and exercises. The book comes as more and more people are spending money on books, DVDs and computer games, which say to improve their brain’s capability.Horne believes that people need to make changes to their lifestyles to increase their brain capacity Happiness, confidence and an optimistic nature help the brain, he added.“So mix with people who make you laugh, or share the same interests as you. And avoid people who complain,” said Horne. “People who are negative will make you sad, which means you won’t achieve things.”1.According to the book, which of the following isn’t good for training your brain?A. Doing some brain games.B. Eating dark chocolate.C. Having cold meat for breakfast.D. Watching soap operas.2.What’s Horne’s attitude toward the brain capability?A. It depends on what our genes are like.B. It’s decided by our lifestyle.C. It has nothing to do with schools.D. It should follow the type of our feelings.3.What’s the book Teach Yourself Training Your Brain mainly about?A. How people’s brain capability worksB. Exercises to improve brain capabilityC. Some scientific and healthy dietsD. How to improve people’s brain capability4. From the underlined sentence, we can learn that __________.A. more and more people are interested in readingB. books can help people improve their brain capabilityC. people are paying more attention to training their brainD. there are many ways to train people’s brain 
There are several ways you can find out about the countries and places you wish to visit. You can talk to friends who have travelled to the places. Or you can go and see a color film. Or you can read travel books.It would seem that there are three kinds of travel books. The first are those that give a personal, subjective (主观的) idea of travels which the author has got himself. These books can be useful to you when you are planning your travels if the writers share their travelling experiences with others. The second kind are those books which give objective (客观的) information of things to be done and seen. If a cultured person has written such a book about the facts of a place, then it is even more useful. The third kind are those books which are called “a guide” to some place or other. If they are good, they will describe and explain the place in detail. Like the first kind, they can be interesting and exciting. But their main purpose is to help the reader who wishes to plan his travel in the most practical way.Whatever kind of travel book you choose you must make sure that it does not describe everything as “wonderful”, “excellent” or “magical”. You must also keep an open eye on its date of publication because travel is a very practical matter and many things change quickly in the twenty-first century. Finally, you should make sure that it’s easy to find useful information for your travel.1.The passage was written to introduce _______.A. travel maps
B. travel booksC. travel films
D. travel places2.The underlined phrase “ a cultured person” means a person with _______.A. a good appearance
B. a good educationC. a lot of experience D. a lot of money3.The date of publication must be noticed because _______.A. the prices of travel books may be differentB. the writers of travel books may be differentC. the information in travel books is always the sameD. the information in travel books is always changing4.According to the passage, it is best to read _______ before travelling to a place of interest.A. the first kind of travel booksB. the second kind of travel booksC. the third kind of travel booksD. some travel articles in newspapers 
Old George bought the black gloves for just $35 ten years ago. They were made of lamb skin, soft and warm and very strong. Until then, he had worn cheaper man-made material. These gloves never lasted longer than three years. He first decided to buy the expensive gloves, because they would make him feel nice in front of others.
George never let a drop of water or rain touch his expensive gloves, so they looked new. Losing this favourite thing was almost like losing a child to him. Bad luck! George lost his expensive gloves on New Year’s Day....Back home, George was at a loss. In deep winter, he could not do without a pair of gloves. If he bought cheap ones again, he would have to replace (换) them very soon. If he bought a new leather pair, it would cost $50 now. He was sad that people no longer returned things they found on the road.After the holiday, poor George decided to buy another leather pair. Before boarding the subway, he went into Value Mart again to see if his gloves had been returned to the Lost and Found Office(失物招领处). “What colour are they?” the woman in the office asked again. “Black,” he gave the same answer.She looked into her drawer and drew out a pair of men's leather gloves. “Are they?” “Yes! Those are mine!”George explained, with great joy in his eyes.1.Why did George decide to buy the expensive gloves?A. Because they were black.B. Because they made him feel good before others.C. Because they have a long history.D. Because they are much cheaper.2.The leather gloves looked new after years because ____.A. George took very good care of themB. they were soft and warmC. they were expensiveD. George washed them with water.3.About old George, which of the following is true?A. He was a very rich man.B. He never bought cheap gloves.C. He believed somebody would return the gloves to him.D. He hadn’t expected to get his gloves back. 
完形填空(本题共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)A group of adults, highly succeeded in their jobs, went to visit their old professor(教授). Soon they began to
about the stress in work and life.The professor went to the kitchen and returned
a pot of coffee and all kinds of cups—crystal(水晶的), glass, plastic, some nice looking, some plain looking, some
, some cheap. And he told them to help
to the coffee.When all the students had a cup of coffee in hand, the professor said, “I’ve noticed that all the nice looking expensive cups were
up, leaving behind the plain and cheap ones. While it is
for you to want only the best for yourselves, that is the cause of your
and stress. You know that the cup itself adds no quality to the coffee.
you really wanted was coffee, not the cup,
you went for the best cups.”Now think about this: Lifis the coffee, the jobs, money and
in society are the cups. They are just
to hold and contain life, and the type of cup does not change the quality of our life. Sometimes, by paying
only to the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee that God has
us. God gave us the coffee, not the cups. Please enjoy your coffee!The happiest people don’t have the best of everything. They just make the
of everything.Live simply. Love sincerely. Care deeply. Speak
. And leave the rest to God.1.A. chat
C. complain
D. discuss2.A. for
D. with3.A. expensive
D. serious4.A. them
B. themselves
D. everyone5.A. mixed
D. accepted6.A. normal
B. important
C. impossible
D. necessary7.A. thoughts
B. failure
C. questions
D. problems8.A. Who
D. That9.A. and
D. or10.A. position
D. purpose11.A. cups
D. bowls12.A. money
B. attention
C. advantage
D. record13.A. taught
B. provided
C. returned
D. bought14.A. fun
D. worst15.A. kindly
D. seriously 
题型:单词拼写
难度:困难
Copyright @
满分5 学习网 . All Rights Reserved.欢迎来到高考学习网,
免费咨询热线:010-
今日:1530套总数:5885151套专访:3372部会员:401265位
当前位置:
& 英语:Module2《My New Teachers》学案(1)(外研版必修1)
英语:Module2《My New Teachers》学案(1)(外研版必修1)
资料类别: /
所属版本: 外研版
上传时间:
下载次数:159次
资料类型:
文档大小:2.85M
所属点数: 0点
【下载此资源需要登录并付出 0 点,】
资料概述与简介
英语:Module2《My New Teachers》学案(1)(外研版必修1)
【模块导航】
Background:School Activities in America
1.What do you think of these school activities in America?
答案 I think these school activities can do good to the students and make schoolstudy interesting.
2.What school activities are there in your school?
答案 Open.Section One Introduction & Reading and Vocabulary
Ⅰ.Lead-in
请同学们根据实际情况回答下列问题。
1.Do you think teachers need to be strict?Why?
2.Do you like teachers who are amusing?Why?
3.What kind of teacher do you like best?Why?
4.Discuss about one of your teachers.You can talk about what you like about the teacher and
what you don’t like.
Ⅱ.Fast reading
1.Answer the following questions.
(1)Who is the most popular teacher?
答案 Mr.Wu.
(2)Who is the kindest teacher?答案 Mrs.Li.
(3)Which teacher are students most afraid of?
答案 Mrs.Chen.
2.Find the adjectives (形容词) used to describe the teachers.
Mrs.Li:nervous,shy,kind,patient
Mrs.Chen:strict,serious,not smile
Mr.Wu:good-looking,energetic,amusing
Ⅲ.Careful reading
1.Read the text carefully and fill in the form.
Name Appearance/
Character Subject Teaching
style My feeling
Li nervous,
shy,kind,
patient English explain,
avoid,smile slowly for,wonderful for,make
progress Mrs.
Chen strict,
not smile physics well organised,clear,explain exactly never be my favorite lesson,do well in
Wu good-looking,energetic,
amusing Chinese
literature talk loudly,wave,tell
jokes respect a lot
2.Choose the best answers.
(1)If you are a slower student,which teacher will be suitable for you?
A.Mrs.Li.
B.Mrs.Chen.
(2)According to the text,Mrs.Chen
A.is not appreciated by her students
B.is not good at making friends
C.organises her teaching well
D.helped the author pass the physics exam
(3)We know from the text that Mr.Wu
A.doesn’t teach the author any more
B.can make his classes lovely and interesting
C.hates to see his students sleeping in his class
D.is angry when his students feel bored in his class
(4)According to the passage,of the three teachers
A.Mr.Wu is the youngest one
B.students like Mrs.Li best
C.students respect Mrs.Chen most
D.two teach languages
Ⅳ.重点单词
Ⅴ.重点短语
Ⅵ.和同桌讨论下列长难句,并尝试翻译成汉语
1.I’ve always hated making mistakes or pronouncing a word incorrectly when I speak English,but Mrs.Li just smiles,so that you don’t feel completely stupid!
句式分析:本句是由转折连词but连接的两个并列句。第一个句子中的when I speak English是一个时间状语从句;第二个句子中的so that引导的是一个结果状语从句。另外so that还可以引导目的状语从句,此时从句中常用情态动词。
翻译:当我说英语时,我讨厌出错或发错单词的音,但李老师只是笑笑,这样你就不会觉得自己很笨!
2.She is very strict—we don’t dare to say a word unless she asks us to.
句式分析: 本句是一个并列句,其中的“—”起到了连词的作用。句中dare是实义动词而不是情态动词,此时,dare后接动词时常用不定式的形式;在ask us to后省略了say a word。
翻译:她很严格——如果她不允许的话,我们是不敢说一句话的。
3.Physics will never be my favourite lesson,but I think that I’ll do well in the exam with Mrs.Chen teaching me.
句式分析:本句是由转折连词but引导的两个并列句。其中句中的favourite没有比较级和最高级的变化;短语do well的意思是“做的好”;with Mrs. Chen teaching me是with的复合结构在句中作状语。
翻译:物理永远不会是我最喜欢的课,但我认为有陈老师教我们,我会在考试中考好的。
4.I think this is because he really enjoys teaching Chinese literature—he loves it,in fact!
句式分析:句中because引导的从句是表语从句;动词enjoy后接动词时,要用其-ing形式,表示“喜欢什么”;短语in fact的意思是“事实上,实际上”。
翻译:我认为这是因为他确实喜欢教中国文学——实际上,他就是喜欢!
Ⅶ.根据课文内容,尝试填空
The summer 1.vacation is over.We come back to school.This term we have some new teachers.
My first 2.impression of Mrs.Li is that she’s nervous and shy.She always 3.avoids making us embarrassed.If I make a mistake or pronounce a word 4.incorrectly,she just smiles so that I don’t pletely stupid.
Mrs.Chen is a 6.strict teacher.She is serious and doesn’t smile much but we 7.appreciate her because her teaching is well 8.organised and clear.
Mr.Wu is a young teacher with much 9.energy.He talks loudly and fast.He is 10.amusing and often tells jokes,so his class is the one you do not fall asleep in!
I like my new teachers.I’m going to make progress with their teaching.Language Points
1. My father is lively and energetic,but he is not very patient.我父亲很活跃,精力充沛,但不太有耐心。
patient adj.有耐心的,能容忍的;n.病人
The doctor is very patient with his patients.那位医生对他的病人很有耐心。
She was patient of hardships.她能忍受苦难。
impatient adj.没耐心的,不能容忍的
patience n.忍耐,耐心,忍耐力
be patient with sb.对某人有耐心
be patient of sth.能忍受某事
be out of patience with...对……不耐烦
have no patience with...不能容忍……
Be patient!耐心点儿!
I’ll look into the matter as soon as possible.Just have a little
C.patience
解析 根据语境“我将尽快调查或处理这件事”知说话人在劝慰对方耐心等待,故C项为最佳选项。
2 I think teachers need to be strict.我认为老师应该严格。
strict adj.严格的,严厉的
First of all,you must be strict with yourself.
首先你必须要严于律己。
Everyone must be strict in his work.
人人都必须对工作严格。
strictly speaking严格地说
be strict with sb.对某人要求严格
be strict in sth.对某事严格
Our English teacher is strict
himself and
A.with;in
B.with;aboutC.in;with
D.about;in
解析 be strict with sb.对某人要求严格;be strict in sth.对某事严格、认真。
3My first impression of Mrs.Li was that she was nervous and shy.我对李老师的第一印象是她既紧张又害羞。
本句为复合句,其中that she was nervous and shy是表语从句,连接词that不能省略。
The problem is that they are short of money.
问题是他们缺少钱。
My wish is that he will be the best student in my class.
我的愿望是使他成为我班最好的学生。
that/whether/what引导的表语从句
(1)that引导表语从句时,只起连接作用,不充当句子成分,在句中无具体语意,去掉它,句意完整,但是不能被省略。
The problem is that we haven’t raised enough money yet.问题是我们还没有筹到足够的资金。
(2)whether引导表语从句时,意为“是否”,缺少它句意不完整,但它在句中也不充当句子成分。
The problem is whether we can raise enough money.
问题是我们是否能筹到足够的资金。
(3)what引导表语从句时,意为“什么;……的(样子/东西/人/地方等)”,在句中充当主语、表语或者宾语。
The problem is what we should do with this machine.问题是我们如何处理这台机器。                                            
(上海高考)The traditional view is
we sleep because our brain is “programmed” to make us do so.
B.why C.whether
解析 that引导表语从句。从句中不缺少任何成分,又是指确定的内容。
4 She’s kind and patient,and she explains English grammar so clearly that even I canunderstand it!她和蔼而有耐心,而且她讲解语法非常清楚,甚至连我都能听懂!
句中的so...that “如此……以致于……”,引导的是结果状语从句。
The film Harry Potter is so interesting that all the children like it.
电影《哈利·波特》如此有趣,以致于所有的孩子都喜欢看。
He ran so fast that I couldn’t catch up with him.
他跑得如此快以致于我跟不上他。
so...that...,such...that...
(1)so...that...中so为副词,其后跟形容词或副词。
so+adj./adv.+that...
so+adj.+a/an+可数名词单数+that...
so+many/few/much/little (小)+名词+that...
She is so clever a girl that everyone likes her.
她是一个很聪明的女孩,大家都喜欢她。
He worked so hard that he made great progress before long.
他工作如此努力,以致于不久就取得了很大的进步。
(2)such...that...中such为形容词,修饰其后的名词。
such+a/an+adj.+可数名词单数+that...
such+adj.+可数名词复数+that...
such+adj.+不可数名词+that...
It is such a fine day that we all want to go out for a walk.
天气很好,我们都想出去散散步。                                            
(1)so...that引导结果状语时,当so...或such...部分位于句首时,主句采用部分倒装语序,即谓语的一部分提到主语之前。
So loudly did he speak that everyone could hear him clearly.
他讲话声音很大,每个人都能听清楚。
So quickly did the workers finish their work that they were given bonuses.
工人们这么快就干完了他们的工作,结果他们得到了奖金。
(2)so...that...句式中,so也可以修饰不可数名词或复数名词,但该名词必须有many,much,few,little等表示数量多少的词修饰。
John has so little money that he can’t afford the book.
约翰的钱很少,买不起这本书。
They were such little boys that they couldn’t go to school.
他们是这么小的男孩,还不能上学。(句中的such不可换成so,因为此处的little不指数量的多少,而是指“小”。)
that Marie was able to set up new branches elsewhere.
A.So successful her business was
B.So successful was her business
C.So her business was successful
D.So was her successful business
解析 考查倒装句。so...that引导结果状语时,当so+adj./adv.位于主句句首,主句用部分倒装。
many people were gathering round the broken lorry
they blocked the road.
A.Such;that
B.So;thatC.So;as
D.Such;as
解析 people前有many修饰,所以用so;as不能引导结果状语从句。
5 She avoids making you feel stupid!她总是避免让你感到自己很笨!
avoid vt.逃避,避免,回避
Fortunately,we were able to avoid an accident.
幸运地是,我们逃过了一场灾祸。
I tried to avoid meeting him because he always bored me.
我尽量避免遇到他,因为他总是使我厌烦。
They built a wall to avoid soil being washed away.
他们建了一堵墙防止土壤流失。
We must know what we should do and what we should avoid
a good impression on others in public places.
A.to leave
B.leavingC.to have left
解析 句意为:我们必须知道在公共场合应当做什么,应当避免什么, 从而给别人留下一个好印象。空格处是目的状语,所以要用不定式。
6I’ve always hated making mistakes or pronouncing a word incorrectly when I speak English,but Mrs.Li just smiles,so that you don’t feel completely stupid!当我说英语时,我讨厌出错或发错单词的音,但李老师只是笑笑,这样你就不会觉得自己很笨!
hate vt.憎恨,不喜欢,讨厌
She hates dogs of any kind.凡是狗她都讨厌。
I hate to see you unhappy.我讨厌见你不高兴。
Paul hates having pictures taken.
保罗不喜欢照像。
(1)hate后接不定式通常表示一次性的行为;接动名词表示经常性的行为。
(2)hate不接从句作宾语,如果需要从句作宾语,必须用形式宾语it,此时it为虚词,无具体意思,指一种笼统的情况。
I hate it when people talk with their mouths full.
我很不喜欢人们吃着东西说话。
Everyone hates
in public.
A.to laugh at
B.being laughed
C.to laugh
D.being laughed at
解析 由句意知“不愿意被当众取笑”是一经常性的行为,而且为被动,laugh为不及物动词,故用being laughed at。7. I feel I’m going to make progress with her.我觉得在她的帮助下,我将会取得进步。
make progress取得进步
I’m afraid we’re not making much progress.
恐怕我们进步不大。
You have made progress with your English.
你的英语进步了。
[译]她在学校进步很快。
[误]She is making a rapid progress in school.
[误]She is making rapid progresses in school.
[正]She is making rapid progress in school.
注意:progress是不可数名词,不能用冠词a修饰,也没有复数形式。
progress n. [U]进展,进步;成长;发展;前进
make great/rapid progress取得(巨大/飞快)进步
the progress of medicine医学的进步
in progress在进步中的
The teacher praised him for
A.the progresses;made
B.the progress;made
C.a progress;made
D.the progress;taken
解析 progress是不可数名词,排除A、C;“取得进步”用make progress。
8 She’s very strict—we don’t dare to say a word unless she asks us to.她很严格——如果她不允许的话,我们是不敢说一句话的。
dare v.敢
在句中作实义动词。dare作实义动词时,其后一般要跟带to的不定式。
Would you dare to do a parachute jump?
你敢跳伞吗?
Nobody would dare to wake him up.
没有人敢叫醒他。
dare可作情态动词,和其他情态动词一样,没有人称和数的变化,其后接动词原形,其过去式为dared,一般用于否定句、疑问句或条件句中。
I dare say我相信;可能
They hardly dared breathe as somebody walked past the door.
有人在门前走过时,他们几乎不敢呼吸了。
Nobody dared lift their eyes from the ground.
没有人敢把视线离开地面。
If you ever dare call me like that again,you’ll be sorry.
如果你敢再那样叫我,你就后悔莫及了。
go out alone.她不敢一个人出去。
The boy is very brave.I
the tall tree.
A.dare say;dares to climbB.dare to say;dare climbing
C.dare saying;dares climbD.dare to say;dares climbed
解析 dare作为情态动词主要用于否定句和疑问句中,偶有dare say这一搭配用于肯定句中的情况;dare作为情态动词一般不用于肯定句中,但作为实义动词时,可以用于肯定句中,故A项恰当。
unless 除非,如果不(if...not),引导一个条件状语从句。
He won’t be late unless he is ill.
=He won’t be late if he isn’t ill.
除非生病,他是不会迟到的。
I couldn’t understand unless you explain it to me.
=I couldn’t understand if you don’t explain it to me.
如果你不解释,我不会明白的。
在与事实相反的条件中,即虚拟条件句中,unless与if...not一般不可互换。unless表示“没有发生过”;if表示“发生过”。
If he weren’t so silly,he would understand.
如果他不傻,他不会不懂的。(事实:他傻)
If I hadn’t saved her,she would be dead.
如果我不救她,她就死了。(事实:我救了她)
Most birds find it safe to sleep in the trees,but
they have eggs or young chicks,they don’t use a nest.
解析 句意为:大多数的鸟觉得在树上睡觉安全,但是除非它们有蛋或幼雏,否则它们不会使用鸟巢。A、B、D三项均不合题意。
9 Some of our class don’t like her,but most of us really appreciate her because her teaching is so well organised and clear.我们班有些同学不喜欢她,但我们大多数同学都欣赏她,因为她的课讲地清楚条理。
appreciate vt.感激,欣赏,赞美
I greatly appreciate your help.
我很感激你的帮助。
Only after understanding a poem can we appreciate it.
只有读懂了一首诗后,我们才能欣赏它。
I really appreciate your telling me that.
我非常感激你告诉我那件事。
(1)appreciate后可以接名词或代词,还可以接动词的-ing形式,但不接不定式;表示“感激”时后接事或物,thank后接人。
She appreciated his kindness.(=She thanked him for his kindness.)她很感激他的好意。
(2)appreciate作“感激”解,是及物动词,其后须接宾语,不能直接接从句,此时需要加上一个形式宾语it,然后再加上由when,if等引导的从句作真正的宾语。
I would appreciate it very much if you would help me with it.
你如果能在这件事上帮助我,我将非常感激。
(3)表示感激的程度,可以用deeply,highly,very much等副词修饰。
I deeply/highly/very much appreciate your kindness.
我深深感谢你的好意。
(1)—Did you have a good time at the party?
—Thanks.I appreciate
to your home.
A.to be invited
B.to have invited
C.being invited
D.having invited
解析 appreciate表“感激”之意,其后接v.时常用v.-ing形式。而本句为被动含义,故选C项。
it if you would turn the radio down.
C.appreciate
解析 appreciate此处语义为“感激,欣赏”,it为形式宾语,if引导的宾语从句为真正宾语。
10 And a few students even admit liking her!有些学生甚至承认喜欢她!
admit vt.承认;允许……进入;容纳
The man didn’t admit me into the theatre.
那个男人不让我进剧院。
We all admit him to be foolish.我们大家都认为他很傻。
Children under 18 are not admitted to see the film.
未满18周岁的孩子不得入场看这部影片。
Tom admitted having broken the glass.
=Tom admitted that he had broken the glass.
汤姆承认是他打碎了玻璃。
The theatre admits only 250 people.这家戏院只能容纳250人。
be admitted to被(某校)录取;允许进入
admit sth./that...承认/认可……
admit doing sth.承认干某事
admit sb./sth.to be承认某人/事……
admit sb.into...=allow sb.to enter...允许某人进入……;吸收某人参加……
(1)她承认自己容易生气。
She admitted being easily annoyed.
(2)一般认为失败未必总是坏事。
It is admitted that failure is not always bad.11. During scientific experiments,she explains exactly what is happening and as a result my work is improving.在做科学实验时,她准确地讲解发生的现象,因此我的学习提高得很快。
as a result因此;结果
He runs every day.As a result,he has lost weight.
他每天跑步,结果他减肥了。
He studied hard last term and,as a result,he passed the examination.
上学期他学习很用功,因此通过了考试。
as a result of(=because of)由于……;作为……的结果
result in(=lead to)导致;造成……结果
result from由于……;由……引起
without result毫无结果
She was late for class as a result of the heavy snow.
由于大雪她上学迟到了。
Success results from hard work.成功来自勤奋。
His carelessness resulted in his failure.
他的粗心大意导致他的失败。
My friend Martin was very sick with a strange fever;
,he could neither eat nor sleep.
A.as a result
B.after all
C.any way
D.otherwise
解析 因为生病而导致后面的结果,故应选as a result。
12 Physics will never be my favourite lesson,but I think that I’ll do well in the exam with Mrs.Chen teaching me.物理永远不会是我最喜欢的课,但我认为有陈老师教我们,我会在考试中考好的。
with Mrs.Chen teaching me此处为with的复合结构作状语。
with复合结构的构成是:with+宾语+宾语补足语。宾语补足语根据逻辑意义可以是不同的词,如形容词、现在分词、过去分词、副词、介词短语、不定式等。with的复合结构在句中常作状语。
(1)with+Object+doing...
Our manager came into the meeting room,with his secretary following him.
我们的经理来到了会议室,秘书紧跟在他后面。
(2)with+Object+adj.
He is used to sleeping with the windows open.
他习惯于开着窗子睡觉。
(3)with+Object+adv.
He left hurriedly with all the lights on.
他开着灯就急忙离开了。
(4)with+Object+done
With her work finished,she went home happily.
工作做完了,她高兴地回家了。
(5)with+Object+介词短语
He went out of the classroom with a book in his hand.
手里拿着一本书,他走出了教室。
(6)with+Object+to do
With so many things to deal with,I can’t go on holiday with you.
有这么多的事要处理,我不能和你去度假。
注意:现在分词作宾补时强调动作正在进行[如例(1)];过去分词作宾补时表示被动及动作已完成[如例(4)];不定式作宾补时表示一个还未发生的动作[如例(6)]。
with复合结构还可作定语:
She saw a brook with red flowers and green grass on both sides.
她看见一条小溪,两岸长着红花绿草。
There were rows of white houses with trees in front of them.
那儿有一排排白色的房子,房前长着树木。
John received an invitation to dinner,and with his work
,he gladly accepted it.
A.finished
B.finishing
C.having finished
D.was finished
解析 “with+宾语+宾补”结构中,宾补表示完成用过去分词。13. I think this is because he really enjoys teaching Chinese literature—he loves it,in fact!我认为这是因为他确实喜欢教中国文学——实际上,他就是喜欢!
本句含有一个this is because...句式。其中的because...是表语从句。because可引导原因状语从句和表语从句。引导表语从句时,主语常常是this,that或it。
My English study has improved,and this is because I listen more and speak more.
我的英语学习提高了,这是我多听多说的结果。
(1)That’s why...那是……的原因。
She didn’t pass the math exam yesterday.That’s why she looks unhappy.
她昨天数学考试不及格,那是她显得不高兴的原因。
(2)The reason why...is that...……的原因是……。why引导定语从句修饰reason,that引导表语从句。
The reason why she looks unhappy is that she didn’t pass the math exam yesterday.
她显得不高兴,那是因为她昨天数学考试不及格。
(1)He felt a sudden ache in the stomach,and that’s
the apple he ate up just now was not cleaned with water.
A.since B.whyC.for
D.because
解析 because可引导表语从句,表示前面所出现的结果的原因。
(2)The reason why the bus stopped was
A.because the road was too narrow
B.that the road was too narrow
C.for the road was too narrow
D.as the road was too narrow
解析 句意为:公共汽车停下来的原因是道路太窄了。主语是the reason,表语从句用that引导。
14 He’s got so much energy,this is one class you do not fall asleep in!他的精力很充沛,在他的课上你不会打盹!
fall asleep入睡,熟睡,睡着
He was so tired that he fell asleep in the car.
他太累了,以致于在汽车里睡着了。
He fell asleep over the book.
他看书时睡着了。
fall ill病倒
fall in love with sb.爱上某人
fall off跌落,落下
fall off a table从桌子上落下
fall behind落后
fall to pieces倒塌,垮台
fall down倒下
go to bed上床睡觉
go to sleep入睡
feel sleepy感觉困乏
The little boy
while watching TV,so his mother sent him to bed at once.
A.had fallen asleep
B.fell asleep
C.was falling asleep
D.falls asleep
解析 句意为:小男孩看电视时睡着了,所以他母亲打发他马上上床睡觉。fall asleep意思是“入睡”,表示动作,因而不能用于进行时,故可排除C项;while watching TV是while he was watching TV的省略,意味着小男孩并不是在看电视之前就已经睡着了,因此A项不正确;根据题干后一分句可知,D项时态不对。
15 He talks loudly and fast,and waves his hands about a lot when he gets excited.他声音洪亮,语速很快,当他变得兴奋时,他就会挥动他的双手。
get excited激动
My right leg got hurt when I was riding my bicycle.
我骑自行车的时候右腿受伤了。
Did all of you get invited to today’s party?
你们所有的人都受邀请参加今天的聚会了吗?
My younger sister got caught in the rain last night and was wet through.
我妹妹昨天晚上淋了雨,浑身都湿透了。
(1)get excited短语中的get相当于be动词,后面常接形容词化的过去分词。get很侧重于动作,而be更强调状态。
(2)get可用作连系动词代替be用于“get+过去分词或形容词”中,表示动作。
get hurt 受伤
get killed遇难
get married结婚
get changed换装
get separated分离
get caught被抓
get bored厌烦
get lost丢掉;迷路
get tired累了
get dressed 穿衣
get paid被付款
get drunk醉了
get angry生气
get ill病了
get fat变胖
Be careful when you cross this very busy street.If not,you may
run over by a car.
解析 除be以外“get+过去分词”也可构成被动语态。get run over by a car被汽车碾过。
我的新老师们
据说第一印象是很重要的。我对李老师的第一印象是她既紧张又害羞。我认为也许她是第一次给我们上课的缘故。但现在,在两周后,全班同学都很喜欢上她的课。她和蔼,有耐心,她讲解英语语法非常清楚,甚至连我也能听懂!——她不想让你感到难堪!当我说英语时,我讨厌出错或发错单词的音,但李老师只是笑笑,这样你就不会觉得自己很笨!我以为对接受快的学生来说,也许她讲得慢了一点,但对我来说则是太好了!我感到在她的帮助下我会取得进步。
我猜陈老师差不多有60岁了。她很严格——如果她不要求的话,我们是不敢说一句话的。她还很严肃很少有笑脸。当她要求你做某件事时,你要马上做!班里有几个学生上课老迟到,但是到陈老师的课时,他们都按时到校。我们班里有些同学不喜欢她,但我们多数人都非常欣赏她,因为她讲的课既有条理又清楚。甚至有些学生承认喜欢她!在做科学试验时,她准确地讲解发生了什么,因此我的学习提高得很快。物理永远不会是我最喜欢的课,但我认为有陈老师教我们我会考好。
吴老师只给我们上了两周课,就已经深受学生的欢迎了。我认为这是因为他确实喜欢教中国文学——实际上,他就是喜欢!他精力这么充沛,因此,上他的课你不会打盹!我认为他大约28岁,而且长得很英俊。他声音洪亮,语速很快,当兴奋时他常常挥舞他的双手。他真的很风趣,当他觉得我们厌倦时,他就给我们讲笑话。甚至像作文和总结这样的课由吴老师上也是有趣的。我很尊重他。Verbs followed by -ing
一、作主语
1.直接作主语
Reading is an art.读书是一种艺术。
Working in this condition is not a pleasure but a pain.
在这种条件下工作不是一种乐趣,而是一种痛苦。
2.用it代替动词的-ing形式作主语
It is no use crying over spilt milk.
作无益的后悔是没用的。
It is a waste of time persuading such a person to join us.
劝说这种人加入我们是浪费时间。
3.作there be no句型中的主语
There is no joking about such matters.
对这些事情开不得玩笑。
There is no denying the fact that the new method has greatly raised labour productivity.
不容否认的事实是新方法大大提高了劳动生产率。
二、作宾语
1.英语中许多动词后面常接动词的-ing形式作宾语。这类动词常见的有:avoid,admit,consider,dislike,enjoy,finish,keep,imagine,practise,appreciate,escape,mind,miss,delay,deny等。
You should avoid making the same mistake next time.
下次你应避免犯同样的错误。
He is considering going abroad.
他在考虑出国。
Why have they delayed opening the new school?
他们为什么延迟成立新学校的时间?
2.英语中有一些动词短语常接动词的-ing形式作宾语。这类动词短语常见的有:insist on,object to,be good at,lead to,put off,give up,look forward to,feel like,get/be used to,pay attention to,be fond of,be worth等。
He is good at singing.他擅长唱歌。
We are looking forward to seeing you again.
我们盼望能再见到你。
3.remember,forget,regret,try,mean,go on,stop,can’t help等后面既可接动词的-ing形式作宾语,也可接动词不定式作宾语,但意义差别很大:
Remember to take the umbrella with you.
记得随身带着伞。
I remember seeing her once somewhere.
我记得曾经在哪里见过她。
Don’t try to swim across the river.
别打算游过那条河。
Try phoning his home number.
给他家里打个电话试试。
Let’s stop to have a rest.
我们停下来休息一下吧!
Please stop talking and listen to me.
请停止讲话,听我说。
4.begin和start后既可接动词的-ing形式作宾语,也可接动词不定式作宾语,但在下列三种情况下,其后需要用动词不定式:
(1)当begin或start用于进行时时;
(2)当begin或start的主语是事物时;
(3)当begin或start后跟的是不可用于进行时的表示心理活动或精神状态的动词(如feel,think,realize)时。
The ice is beginning to melt.冰块开始融化。
Soon it began to rain.很快天开始下雨了。
He started to realize the importance of English.
他开始意识到英语的重要性。
三、作表语
动词的-ing形式作表语用来说明主语的性质、特征、内容等。
What she likes most is watching children play.
她最喜欢的就是看孩子们玩耍。
Your task is cleaning the classroom.
你的任务是打扫教室。
四、作定语
动词的-ing形式作定语表示被修饰的名词的用途或性能。
They were watching an exciting game.
他们正在观看一场激动人心的比赛。
A new swimming pool will be put up next year.明年将建造一个新的游泳池。Section Three
Speaking;Listening and Vocabulary;
Pronunciation;Function and Speaking;
Everyday English & Writing
Language Points
1. Do you do a lot of translation in your language classes?在语言课上,你做很多翻译吗?
translation n.[C,U]翻译
I read Macbeth in translation.
我读《麦克白》的翻译版。
If you compare the translation with the original,you will find the inaccuracy.
如果你把译文和原文对照一下,你就会找到错误的地方。
translate...into...把……译成……
make/do a translation of...翻译……
put/turn/change...into...把……译成……
口译与笔译:
[动] interpret口译    [动] translate翻译
[名] interpretation口译
[名] translation翻译
[名] interpreter口译者
[名] translator笔译者
我们在英语课上做很少的翻译练习。
We do little translation in our English class.
2 Do you have a choice about which language to study?你有学哪种语言的选择吗?
choice n.选择,选择权;所选之人或物
Be careful in your choice.小心选择。
Make a careful choice of your company.
慎选你的朋友。
It is a matter of personal choice.
那是个人抉择的问题。
make a choice 做出一个选择
have a choice of...有……的选择
at one’s own choice任意地,随意地
by/for choice凭着喜爱;出于选择
of choice精选的;上选的
without choice不分好歹地
注意:当谓语部分出现实义动词do的任何形式时,后接不带to的不定式;是其他的动词时,后接带to的不定式。
There is no choice left for me but to wait.
除了等待之外,我没有选择。
He has no choice but to work hard.
=He can do nothing but work hard.
除了努力工作外,他别无选择。                   
We’ve missed the last bus.I’m afraid we have no
but to take a taxi.
C.possibility
D.selection
解析 have no choice but to do sth.别无选择只能(干某事)。
3 How much vacation do you have?你有多少假期?
vacation n.假期
They are on vacation in Hawaii right now.
他们此时正在夏威夷度假。
You look tired—you should take a vacation.
你看上去很累——你应该休假。
I worked in a small restaurant during the college vacation.
在学院放假期间,我在一家小餐馆打工。
vacation,holiday,leave
(1)vacation多用于美国英语,可以和holiday通用。
(2)holiday多用于英国英语,指工作日以外的休息时期,但不包括周末或仅仅一天的休息日。
We had wonderful weather during the holidays.
在我们的假日期间,天气非常好。
(3)leave多指因事或因病不能工作而请假。
He had six weeks’ leave.他请了六个星期的假。                                            
go on/take a vacation度假
be on vacation/holiday在休假
ask for a three-day leave请三天的假
用vacation,holiday或leave的适当形式填空
(1)Tom and I are going to have a holiday.
(2)The students are planning how to spend their summer vacation/holidays.
(3)He asked for a six months’ leave.
4 It’s all right,but I prefer Chinese and English.好吧,但是我更喜欢语文和英语。
prefer v.更喜欢;宁愿
Which do you prefer,rice or bread?
米饭和面包,你比较喜欢哪一种?
She seems to prefer cats to dogs.
她似乎比较喜欢猫而不喜欢狗。
I would prefer to go there tomorrow.
我倒宁愿明天去。
I prefer walking to cycling.
我宁愿步行而不骑自行车。prefer
注意:prefer的过去式、过去分词以及现在分词都是双写“r”之后再加-ed或-ing。
Rather than
on a crowded bus,he always prefers
a bicycle.
A.ride;ride
B.riding;ride
C.ride;to ride
D.to ride;riding
解析 prefer to do A rather than do B 宁愿做A不愿做B,有时为了强调,可以把rather than do B提前而把prefer结构后置。
5 Which would you rather play,tennis or badminton?网球和羽毛球,你更喜欢打哪一个?
would do...rather than do...=would rather do...than do...宁愿做……而不愿做……
I’d rather be an English teacher than be a translator,because I like teaching.
我宁愿当一名英语老师也不当翻译,因为我喜欢教书。
The soldiers would rather die than give in.
士兵们宁死不屈。
He would rather stay at home than go with us.
他宁愿呆在家里,也不愿跟我们去。
I’d rather you hadn’t done that.
我真希望你没做过那件事。
—Do you mind if I keep pets in this building?
A.I’d rather you didn’t,actually
B.Of course not,it’s not allowed here
C.Great!I love pets
D.No,you can’t
解析 根据答语中的四个选项知:A项符合题意;B项前后不一;C项没有回答所提问题;D项太生硬。
6 You decide—it’s up to you.你决定——这由你来决定。
be up to sb. (to do)由某人决定;该某人(做……)
—Shall we eat out or stay in?
——咱们是到外面吃还是待在家里?
—It’s up to you.
——由你决定吧。
It’s not up to you to tell me how to do my work.
还轮不到你来告诉我如何做我的工作。
be up to sb. to do sth.做某事是某人的职责或义务
It’s up to us to help those in need.
我们有责任帮助那些有困难的人。
—Shall we go to the art exhibition right away?
A.It’s your opinion
B.I don’t mind
C.It’s all up to you
D.That’s your decision
解析 由句意知是“由你来决定”。
7 There are a couple of things I need to do.有几件事情需要我做。
a couple of两个;一些
I saw a couple of boys get out.
我看见有几个男生出去了。
There are a couple of things I have to do first.
我有几件事情要先处理一下。a couple of,a pair of
couple和pair在数量上都表示“二”,但a pair of强调配对的东西(一对,一双),a pair of shoes/glasses 一双鞋/一副眼镜。而a couple of不一定是配对的东西,Not every couple is a pair.成双未必能配对。然而,两者都可以表示“一对夫妇”或“关系密切的两个人”。a happy pair/couple一对幸福的人/夫妇                                            
of socks in the bedroom,but they didn’t make a
A.pair;couple
B.pair;double
C.couple;pair
D.pair;pair
解析 根据上面的辨析知C项正确。
8 So that’s settled,we’ll start at nine tomorrow.那就这样定了,我们明天九点钟出发。
本句中的“that’s settled”是用来做出最后结论的表达语,意为“就这么定了”。其他类似的表达方式还有:
Then it’s a deal.就这么定了。
So that’s that.好的,就这样定了。
That settles it!(口语)事情就这样定了!这就完了!
—What about having a walk after we finish supper?
A.I would rather I didn’t.
B.That’s settled.
C.It couldn’t be any worse.
D.I’ve got it.
解析 句意为:——晚饭后我们散散步怎么样?——好的,就这样定了。A项用来委婉拒绝对方的建议或请求,与OK不符;C项表示“再糟糕不过了”;D项用来表示“我明白了”,不合题意。
9If not,students will have problems,also,it’s very important for teachers to have discipline in the class,don’t you think so?如果不这样的话,学生们就会犯难了,此外,老师在课堂上维持纪律也是很重要的,你不这样认为吗?
本句中的if not是省略语,其完整形式为:If the teacher doesn’t plan his or her lessons carefully or explain things clearly.if not已成为固定的用法。
If you’ve finished,we can have a coffee;if not,you’d better keep working.
你要是完成了,咱们可以喝杯咖啡;不然的话,你最好接着干下去。
if构成的其他省略语:
if so如果那样的话
if ever如果有的话(指次数)
if possible如果可能的话
if any如果有的话(指数量)
if necessary如果必要的话
用if的省略语填空
(1)Have you ever feel embarrassed about yourself?If so,what made you do that?
(2)Are you going to the movie?If not,I won’t,either.
(3)There is very little water,if any.
(4)He seldom goes to the movie,if ever.
(5)When you come to Zhengzhou next time,come and visit us if possible.
(6)—Does the patient need an operation,Dr.Li?
—Yes,if necessary.写作步步高题目内容
校刊要介绍一位外籍教师,请就下面的简历写一篇短文,词数100左右。
Alice White
1985年10月
2006年大学毕业,2008年来中国工作。
1.热爱教育事业,工作认真负责,乐意帮助学生。
2教法灵活多样,课堂教学生动有趣,深受学生好评。
3经常向学生介绍学习英语的方法。
4在她的帮助下,学生英语水平提高很快。
要点词汇 范文欣赏
  1.来自
3.对……要求严格
6.受……欢迎
7.取得进步
A Foreign Teacher
Alice White,a girl born in October,1985,comes from America.She graduated from a university in 2006,and then came to China to work in 2008.She has been working as a teacher of English at No.10 Middle School since then.She loves teaching and is strict in her work.When the students have difficulties,she is always ready to help them.Though she is very young,she tries to make her classes lively and interesting.So she is popular with her students.She often gives students advice on how to learn English well.With her help,her students have made great progress in English. 应用句型
她热爱教育事业,对工作严格要求。She loves teaching and
2.学生遇到困难时,她都乐意帮助。When the students have difficulties,she
help them. 3.尽管她很年轻,但总是想法使课堂教学生动有趣。
she is very young,she tries to
her classes
4.在她的帮助下,学生英语水平提高很快。
,her students have
in English.
  本文属于人物描写类。
首先,根据题目要求可知本文应分两部分来写。第一段简单介绍Alice来中国前的情况,包括她的出生日期、求学经历等,这一段时态应以过去时为主,第二段记叙她在中国任教的现状,时态应以现在时为主。
其次,利用表中所给信息,列出要点词汇和应用句型,如be popular with,be ready to,be strict in,when the students have difficulties,勾勒文章框架等。
最后,确定前后句之间的关系。是并列关系,考虑用and,and then等连词;是复合关系,考虑用when,where,though,because等引导词。
Section Four Cultural Corner
Read the passage and choose the best answers.
1.Compared with France,in Britain,the relationship between teachers and students is
A.more formal
B.more relaxed
C.less informal
D.less friendly
2.In this passage,there are
kinds of differences that have been mentioned.
D.More than 5
3.From the passage,we can know the state schools are
private schools in Germany.
A.better than
B.similar to
C.worse than
4.The passage mainly talks about
A.the relationship between teachers and students in different countries
B.the differences between state schools and private schoolsC.differences between schools in different countries
D.different teaching methods in different schools
答案 CLanguage Points
1. It is interesting to look at differences between schools in different countries.了解不同国家的学校所存在的差异是很有趣的。
different adj.不同的
My car is different from yours in colour.
我的车与你的车在颜色上不同。
difference n.不同,差异
tell the differences between A and B 辨别A和B的不同
A is different from B (in...) A与B(在……方面)不同
A is similar to B in...A和B在某方面相似
Can you tell the differences between British English and American English?
你能区分英国英语和美国英语的不同吗?
This book is different
that one.Can you tell me the difference
A.with;between
B.with;among
C.from;between
D.from;among
解析 be different from...和tell the difference between A and B都是固定词组。
2 In many European countries,for example,the relationship between teachers and students is quite formal.例如:在很多欧洲国家,师生关系很正式。
formal adj.正式的
The dinner was a formal affair.
这是正式宴会。
Her dress was too showy for such a formal occasion.
在这么正式的场合她穿的衣服有点太花哨了。
in+formal→informal 非正式的?
dis+cover→discover 发现?
un+fair→unfair 不公平的?
il+legal→illegal 不合法的?
有许多词是加上前缀或后缀而构成的新词,请同学们在平时多加注意和积累。
前缀一般只改变单词的意义,不改变词性。常见的否定前缀有dis-,il-,im-,in-,ir-,mis-,non-,un-等。
(1)总统将对那个国家进行非正式访问。
The president will pay an informal visit to that country.
(2)这是一个正式的派对,因此我们最好提前到那里。
It’s a formal party,so we’d better arrive there ahead of time.
3This is true of France,Germany,and Spain,where discipline and respect for the teacher is considered very important.The same is true of Russia.在法国、德国和西班牙,情况也是如此。在这些国家纪律和对老师的尊重被认为很重要。同样的情况也适应于俄罗斯。
be true of...(某种情况)适应于……;合乎……的事实
It is true of everybody.这件事适合每一个人。
be true to one’s word/promise信守诺言
be true to life栩栩如生
come true(愿望、梦想等)实现(无被动)
Many people in developing countries suffer from Flu H1N1,but the same is true
many westerners.
解析 be true of意为“符合于,适用于”。
consider v.考虑,思考;认为,把……当作
We considered him (as) the best person for the job.
我们认为他是这项工作的最佳人选。
We must consider the matter to be very easy.
我们认为这件事很简单。
We are considering going to see the film.
我们在考虑去看这部电影。
We consider that you are not to blame.我们认为不该怪你。
I consider
the party until Saturday evening,and it is considered
practical.
A.putting off;being
B.putting off;to be
C.to put off;being
D.to put off;to be
解析 consider后面接doing形式作宾语;在被动语态中,不定式由宾补变为主补,所以选择B项。
4 In northern European countries,however,the relationship between teachers andstudents is much friendlier and more relaxed.然而,在北欧国家,师生关系非常友好且比较轻松。
much在此句中用来修饰比较级,以加强语气。
She was on the danger list,but is much better now.
她曾一度病危,但现在好多了。
Work more and dream less,and you will be much happier.
多做事少空想,这样你会愉快得多。
可以修饰比较级的副词和短语还有:evenstill,rather,a lot,a little,a bit,a great deal等。
The mosquito will suck our blood.What’s even worse,it will inject poison into our bodies.
蚊子会吸我们的血。更糟糕的是,它会把毒注入我们的体内。
He came up with still more stories.他写出的小说更多了。
(全国Ⅰ高考)You’re driving too fast.Can you drive
A.more slowly a bit B.slowly a bit moreC.a bit more slowly
D.slowly more a bit
解析 考查a bit用来修饰比较级的用法。
5 In Britain,relationships are quite relaxed,but teachers can have big problems with discipline.在英国,师生间的关系相当宽松,但老师们在纪律方面可能会有麻烦。
have problems with...在……方面存在问题
Do you have any problem with the relationship with your students?
你与学生间的关系有什么问题吗?
I’ve got a problem with the car—it won’t start!
我的汽车出了问题,发动不起来!
Do you have any problem (in) doing these exercises?
你做这些练习有难度吗?
have problems (in) doing sth.做……有麻烦
have trouble with sth./(in) doing sth.做……有麻烦
have difficulty with sth./(in) doing sth.做……有困难
have a hard time/a good time with sth./(in) doing sth.做……很难/很好
have fun with sth./(in) doing sth.做……很有趣
have joy with sth./(in) doing sth.做……很高兴
(1)在与朋友的沟通上,皮特不存在什么问题。
Peter has no problem with communication with his friends.
(2)我单独解决这个问题,确实有点困难。
I really have some trouble/difficulty/problems in solving this problem by myself.
6 Another important difference is whether schools are state schools or private schools.另一个重要的区别是学校是公办学校还是私立学校。
本句中的whether...or...引导表语从句,意为“是……还是……”。whether...or...常用来引导名词性从句意为“是否……”;也可引导让步状语从句意为“不管是……还是……”。
It’s up to you to decide whether to buy a new house or not.
这得由你决定是否买一所新房子。(宾语从句)
It is uncertain whether it will rain or not tomorrow.
明天下不下雨,还不确定。(主语从句)
Whether we help him or not,he will fail.
不论我们帮他与否,他都将失败。(让步状语从句)
whether和if引导从句的用法区别:
(1)介词的宾语从句只能用whether引导。
It all depends on whether she likes the job or not.
一切都取决于她是否喜欢这份工作。
(2)在动词不定式前面只能用whether。
She hasn’t decided whether to go or not.
她还没决定去还是不去。
(3)和or not直接连在一起使用,引导从句时,只能用whether。
Tell me whether or not you are interested.
告诉我你有没有兴趣。
(4)宾语从句前置时只能用whether。
Whether he has married or not,I don’t know.
他结婚了没有,我不知道。
(5)引导主语从句、表语从句及同位语从句时,只能用whether。
Whether the news is true or not remains a question.
这消息是不是真的还是个问题。
The question whether he will go or not hasn’t been decided.
他是否去的问题尚未确定下来。
(6)引导让步状语从句时,只能用whether。
Whether you agree or not,I’ll do that。
不管你同意与否,我都会做那件事。
(7)引导条件状语从句时,只能用if。
If you want to go,please phone me.
如果你想去的话,请给我打个电话。—Shall I stay here for another day?
—Oh,Mary,it depends on yourself
you stay or leave.
A.whether
C.neither
解析 whether...or...可引导主语从句,意为“不管是……还是……”;either...or...只能连接并列主语,不能引导主语从句。
不同的国家,不同的学校
了解各国学校之间的差异是很有趣的。例如:在很多欧洲国家,师生关系很正式。在法国、德国和西班牙,情况也是如此。在这些国家,人们认为纪律和尊师很重要。俄罗斯也是这样。然而,在北欧国家,师生关系更友好,更宽松。在美国,师生之间的关系是不受拘束的。在英国,师生间的关系相当宽松,但老师们在纪律方面可能会有麻烦。
另一个重要的区别是学校是公办学校还是私立学校。公办学校由政府拨款,而私立学校则由家长付学费。德国和法国既有公办学校,又有私立学校,而大多数学生上很好的公办学校。同样地,美国有公办学校,也有私立学校。美国的多数孩子上公办学校,但私立学校也很好。英国既有公办学校又有私立学校。在俄罗斯,孩子们上公办学校。检验真知——目标回顾
Ⅰ.重点词汇
vt.(故意)避开
vt.讨厌,不喜欢
3.appreciate
vt.感激;欣赏,赏识
n.一段时间,时期;朝代
6.vacation/holiday
7.amusing .有趣的,可笑的→amused .被逗乐的;愉快的→amuse .使发笑;给……带来乐趣
8.patient .耐心的→patient .病人→patience .耐心
9.strict .严格的,严厉的→strictly .严厉地,严格地
10.respect . & n.尊敬,尊重→respected .受人尊敬的
11.translation .翻译,译文→translate .翻译
12.relationship .关系
13.relaxed .轻松的,松懈的→relaxing .让人感到轻松的→relax .放松,休息
Ⅱ.重点短语
1.make sure确定;弄清楚,确保
2.as a result结果
3.make progress取得进步
4.tell jokes讲笑话
5.make a mistake犯错误
6.fall asleep睡着
7.the first time第一次
8.in fact事实上
9.make a choice选择
10.be true of适用于
11.would rather宁愿
12.be up to sb.由某人决定
Ⅲ.重点句型
1.……她语法讲得如此清晰,甚至我也能听懂!
...and she explains English grammar so clearly that even I can understand it!
2.……但我想,由陈老师教我,我一定会考好的。
...but I think that I’ll do well in the exam with Mrs.Chen teaching me.
3.……(老师)必须把问题解释清楚。否则的话,学生就会有问题。
...and must explain things clearly.If not,students will have problems.
4.在法国、德国和西班牙,情况也是如此。在这些国家纪律和对老师的尊重被认为很重要。同样的情况也适应于俄罗斯。
This is true of France,Germany,and Spain,where discipline and respect for the teacher is considered very important.The same is true of Russia.
5.法国……的情况都是如此……
This is true of France...
高考学习网-中国最大高考学习网站 | 我们负责传递知识!
本网部分资源来源于会员上传,除本网组织的资源外,版权归原作者所有,如有侵犯版权,请联系并提供证据(),三个工作日内删除。
其他相关资源
友情链接:
Copyright &2006 - 2016 高考学习网版权所有. All Rights Reserved.

我要回帖

更多关于 dwg trueconvert 的文章

随机推荐