是一名与牛津大学的mrmr smithh交换生的翻译

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
【同步推荐】学年英语译林版必修1同步课时作业:Unit 1 School life
Unit 1 School life  Period One Welcome to the unit & Reading    Ⅰ.用介、副词填空  1.I was very happy ________ the school hours in Britain because school starts around 9 a.m. and ends about 3∶30 p.m..  2.He also told us that the best way to earn respect was to devote ourselves ________ study and achieve high grades.  3.We had to move ________ different classrooms ________ different classes.  4.However,it was a bit challenging for me ________ first,because all the homework was ________ English.  5.I usually went to the Computer Club ________ the lunch break,so I could send e-mails to my family and friends back home ______ free.  6.________ the end of term we held a class party and we all had to cook something.  7.They can choose other subjects ________ Art and Computer Science,or languages such ________ Spanish and German.  8.After lunch,we usually played ________ the school field.  9.I look back ________ my time in the UK ________ satisfaction,and I really hope to go back and study in Manchester again.  10.Next year,I plan ________ attending a high school in China ________ a student exchange programme,and I found your article a great encouragement ________ me.  Ⅱ.佳句翻译与仿写  1.He also told us that the best way to earn respect was to devote ourselves to study and achieve high grades.  翻译:  ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________  仿写:教练告诫运动员们,赢得比赛的关键是保持冷静,按部就班地做好每一个动作。  The coach told the athletes that the key to win the game was ________________________ and perform each action step by step.  2.We also had different students in some classes,so it was a struggle for me to remember all the faces and names.  翻译:  ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________  仿写:对他来说做那么容易的工作而拿那么多的钱真难为情。  __________________________________ so much money for doing such easy work.  3.Though it did not look very beautiful when it was finished,I still liked it very much.  翻译:  ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________  仿写:虽然天气很冷,他没有穿大衣就出去了。  ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________  4.I did not realize schools in the UK are so different from schools in China until I read your article.  翻译:  ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________  仿写:直到他摘下墨镜,我才发现他是一位我多年未见的老朋友。  ________________________ he was one of my old friends I hadn't seen for a long time ________________________________________________.  Ⅲ.单项填空  1.-________?  -Interesting and colourful.  A.What is your dream school life like  B.How is your dream school life like  C.What does your dream school life like  D.How does your dream school life like  2.On the first day,all of the new students ________an assembly in the school hall.  A.joined
B.joined in  C.attended
D.took part in  3.In our class there were 28 students.This is about the ________ size for British schools.  A.ordinary
B.average  C.usual
D.common  4.I found that the homework was not as heavy as ________ in my old school.  A.that I used to get  B.that I was used to getting  C.what I used to get  D.what I was used to getting  5.My English improved a lot,as I used English every day and ________ an hour each day ________ English books in the library.  A.took;to read
B.cost;reading  C.paid;for reading
D.spent;in reading  6.Students can stop ________ some subjects if they don't like them,________,History and French.  A.to study;such as
B.studying;for example  C.to study;for example
D.studying;such as  7.We look at the titles,the first and last sentences of paragraphs,and the first and last paragraphs,as well as pictures and charts,________ what the text is about.  A.guess
B.guessing  C.are guessing
D.to guess  8.We do not need to read the whole text ________.  A.word for word
B.word by word  C.word in word
D.word to word  9.-How did Wei Hua ________ to improve her English?  -Her English improved a lot,as she used English every day and did more reading in the library.  A.try
B.try to manage  C.succeed
D.manage  10.I found your article ________ great encouragement to me and you gave me ________ in this way.  A.不填;many encouragements  B.a;much encouragement  C.不填;much encouragements  D.a;many encouragements  Ⅳ.阅读理解  Many people go to school for an education.They learn languages,history,math and other subjects.Others go to school to learn a skill so they can make a living.School education is very important and useful.Yet no one can learn everything from school,a teacher cannot teach his students everything they want to know.The teacher's work is to show his students how to learn.He teaches them how to read and how to think.So,much more is learned outside school by the students themselves.  It's always more important to know how to study by oneself than to know some formulas (公式).It's quite easy to learn a formula in math.But it's very difficult to use a formula in doing math exercises.Great people before us didn't get everything from school.Their teachers only showed them the way.Edison didn't even finish school.But they were all so successful and invented so many things because they knew how to study.They read books that were not taught at school.They would ask many questions as they read.They worked hard all their lives.Above all,they knew how to use their heads.  1.People go to school to ________.  A.learn several subjects
B.make a living  C.get an education
D.learn a skill  2.Some people go to school to learn ________ to make a living.  A.a skill
B.history  C.a formula
D.everything  3.The most important thing a teacher should do is to ________.  A.teach his students everything he knows  B.know everything  C.teach the students some formulae  D.teach the students how to study by themselves  4.Why were many people so successful?  A.Because they got good education.  B.Because they were very clever.  C.Because they knew how to learn.  D.Because they learned many formulae.  5.Which is RIGHT according to the text?  A.Great people read lots of books and asked many questions while they read.  B.Great people could learn everything from school.  C.People need to know only some formulas to do math exercises.  D.The teachers cannot teach their students how to read and how to think.        experience n.[U]经验;[C]经历  生义:vt.经历;体验  1.Do you have much experience in teaching English?  你教英语很有经验吗?  2.He had many interesting experiences while travelling in Africa.他在非洲旅行时,有许多有趣的经历。  3.Children need to experience things for themselves in order to learn from them.  儿童需要自己经历事情以便从中学习。      答案  Ⅰ.1.with 2.to 3.to;for 4.at;in 5.during;for 6.At  7.like;as 8.on 9.on;with 10.on;on;to  Ⅱ.1.翻译:他还告诉我们,赢得尊重的最佳途径就是专心学习并取得好成绩。  仿写:to keep calm  2.翻译:上某些课的时候,班上的同学也不一样,所以对我来说记住所有的人的面孔和名字可是一件难事。  仿写:It's a shame for him to take  3.翻译:尽管完工之后它看上去并不十分漂亮,但我仍然非常喜欢它。  仿写:Though it was so cold,he went out without an overcoat.  4.翻译:直到我读了你写的文章我才了解英国的学校是如此不同于中国的学校。  仿写:I did not realize;until he took off his dark glasses  Ⅲ.1.A [like作介词,意为"像",常与be及系动词look等连用;而作为动词讲时,意为"喜欢"。句意为:--你梦想中的学校生活是什么样子的?--有趣而丰富多彩。]  2.C [join作"参加"讲,指加入某个团体或组织;join in多指参加游戏,娱乐活动等;attend意为"到场,出席,参加",如上(学),参加(会议)等;take part in有时相当于join in,但比join in更正式些,指参加各种活动,比赛等,并在活动中发挥一定作用。]  3.B [句意为:我们班上一共有28个学生。英国中学的班级差不多就是这么大。ordinary普通的;average平均的;很一般的;usual平时的,通常的;common共同的。]  4.C [what作比较状语从句中get的宾语,that不可;used to do sth.过去常常干某事;be/get used to doing sth.习惯于干某事。]  5.D [作"花费"讲,take和cost的主语一般为事或物,take常用it takes sb.+time+to do sth.结构;pay和spend的主语一般为人,pay...for sth.为......而付出(金钱,痛苦或惩罚等);spend time or money on sth./(in) doing sth.在(干)某事上花费时间或金钱。]  6.B [stop to do sth.停下来去干另一件事情;stop doing sth.停止干某事。for example例如,用来举例子;such as同类的,如此的,用来列举。]  7.D [本题考查动词不定式作目的状语。]  8.B [句意为:我们不需要一个单词一个单词地读整篇文章。word for word不改变亦不省略地;逐字地(翻译,复述等);word by word一个字一个字地(往下读等)。]  9.D [manage to do sth.强调结果,相当于succeed in doing sth.;try努力,尽力,try to do sth.强调动作,不强调结果,成功与否不一定。]  10.B [encouragement作"鼓励,鼓舞"讲为不可数名词;作"(一种)鼓舞,(一种)奖励;奖励物"讲,为可数名词。]  Ⅳ.1.C [细节理解题。根据文章的第一句可知。]  2.A [细节理解题。根据第一段"Others go to school to learn a skill so they can make a living."可知。]  3.D [细节理解题。根据文章第一段"The teacher's work is to show his students how to learn.He teaches them how to read and how to think."可知。]  4.C [推断题。根据第二段"Their teachers only showed them the way."和最后一句可推断。]  5.A [推断题。根据第二段"They would ask many questions as they read.They worked hard all their lives."可知A项正确。]  Period Two Language Points  Ⅰ.语境填词  1.His new book is full of ________ (challenge) ideas.  2.Praise acts as an ________ (encourage) to the young.  3.It was a very ________ (enjoy) concert that we had last night.  4.To his ________ (satisfy),he passed all the examinations.  5.There was nothing special about the meal;it was ________ (平常的).  6.None of the others have had my ________ (经历).  7.There were so many people that the company put on ________ (外加的) buses.  8.He is such a selfless man that everybody ________ (尊敬) him.  Ⅱ.选词填空  be happy with,for free,get a general idea of,word by word,used to,look back on,for example,such as  1.They let me have these vegetables ____________.  2.Some of the rubbish,________________ food,paper and iron,rots away over a long period of time.  3.Some students,________________,John,live in the school.  4.I ________________ swim in the river when I was a child.  5.If you ________________________ the past,you will understand your parents better.  6.She ________________________ the job she got yesterday.  7.Go through the text quickly and ________________________________ the passage.  8.He looked over his composition ________________________ in order to find out some mistakes.  Ⅲ.同义词辨析  1.用used to/be used to的适当形式填空  (1)I ________________________________________________________ going to bed at 10 every night,which is good for my health.  (2)I ________________ go to school by bike and now I ________________________ walking to school.  (3)The knife ________________________ cut meat.  2.用spend/take/cost/pay的适当形式填空  (1)He doesn't always ________ much time on his homework.  (2)After ________,we left the shop.  (3)It ________ me more than 2 hours to finish my homework yesterday.  (4)This dress ________ me 200 yuan.  (5)He ________ all his money getting married to his girlfriend.  Ⅳ.单项填空  1.Jumping out of ________ airplane at ten thousand feet high is quite ________ exciting experience.  A./;/
B./; an  C. an
D. the  2.I ________ him,but I don't really ________ him.  A.know;know of
B.know of;know  C.know about;know
D.know about;know  3.From my point of view,the best way ________ the problem is not to send soldiers to that area but to have a peaceful talk.  A.to solving
B.solving  C.solved
D.to solve  4.He spent as much time as he could ________ playing the piano.  A.practise
B.to practise  C.practising
D.practised  5.________ his dream come true,he made every effort to study.  A.Making
B.Made  C.To make
D.Having made  6.Mother ________ us many interesting stories when we were young.  A.is used to telling
B.was used to tell  C.used to tell
D.used to telling  7.Letterbox is much more ________ in the UK than in the US,where most people have a mailbox instead.  A.common
B.normal  C.ordinary
D.usual  8.-Ouch!You hurt me!  -I'm sorry,But I ________ you.I ________ to shoot at that cat.  A.didn't mean harming;tried  B.don't mean to harm;am trying  C.haven't meant harming;tried  D.didn't mean to harm;was trying  9.The melon Mr.Smith served at dinner would have tasted ________ if it had been put in the fridge for a little while.  A.good
B.better  C.best
D.well  10.The students are often asked to ________ much attention to their handwriting.  A.spend
B.pay  C.cost
D.take  Ⅴ.阅读理解  More and more private schools are being set up in China these days,ending the state monopoly (垄断) of the country's educational system.Although private schools are still on the experimental stage and are much more expensive when compared with public schools,there is no lack of application for enrollment.  People welcome private schools for good reasons.First of all,private schools are relieving our government of part of the burdens of financing so many schools.Secondly,parents are willing to send their only child to better schools even if they costs more.And having more money than the government-funded public schools,those private schools can attract better teachers.They can also offer better environments including superior living facilities and more advanced teaching equipment.  However,adequate money doesn't guarantee good education.If not well guided and properly disciplined,the privileged young children might turn out to be new aristocrats,and therefore unfit for our highly competitive modern society.  1.The private schools indeed have something better than the public schools but not ________.  A.living conditions  B.teachers  C.students  D.advanced teaching equipment  2.The writer is mainly talking about ________.  A.private schools in China  B.private schools in the world  C.the advantages of private school  D.the disadvantages of private school  3.What does the underlined word "aristocrats" in the last paragraph mean?  A.宠儿
B.问题儿童  C.贵族
D.主体  4.The writer is likely to talk about ________ to the next paragraph.  A.private schools have more advantages than we imagine  B.how the private schools guide the students to the right way  C.there are more disadvantages in private schools  D.how the public schools compete with the private schools        在否定句中,a bit与a little的意义恰恰相反。not a bit的词义相当于not at all;not a little相当于much,意为"相当多的(地);非常"。  1.I don't like it a bit.  我一点儿也不喜欢它。  2.I was not a little annoyed.  我十分气恼。      答案  Ⅰ.1.challenging 2.encouragement 3.enjoyable  4.satisfaction 5.average 6.experiences 7.extra  8.respects  Ⅱ.1.for free 2.such as 3.for example 4.used to  5.look back on 6.was happy with 7.get a general idea of 8.word by word  Ⅲ.1.(1)am used to (2)used to;am used to (3)is used to  解析 used to do sth.过去常常干某事;be used to doing sth.习惯于干某事;be used to do sth.被用来干某事。  2.(1)spend (2)paying (3)took (4)costs (5)spent  解析 spend与pay主语一般都是人;spend...on sth./(in) doing sth.;pay...for sth.;take与cost主语一般是物或事,常用it takes/took sb.some time to do sth.,有时也可说(to do ) sth. takes/took sb.+some time;sth. cost(s) sb.+money。  Ⅳ.1.C [考查冠词。out of an airplane表示泛指一架飞机;experience作"经历"讲,是可数名词,an exciting experience一次令人激动的经历。]  2.B [句意为:我听说过他,但并不真正认识他。know of听说;know知道,了解,认识。]  3.D [the way to do sth.或the way of doing sth.做某事的方式。]  4.C [spend time (in) doing sth;he could...为定语从句修饰time。]  5.C [考查不定式作目的状语。]  6.C [used to do sth.过去常常做某事;be used to doing sth.习惯于做某事;be used to do sth.被用来做某事。]  7.A [common普遍的,平常的;normal正常的;ordinary普普通通的,很一般的;usual平时的,通常的。]  8.D [mean to do sth.故意干某事;mean doing sth.意味着干某事;答句句意为:很抱歉。我并非故意要害你,我正想打那只猫。was trying to do sth.过去进行时表示那时正要干某事。]  9.B [taste+adj.构成系表结构,意为"尝起来......"。此处考查两种情况下的柠檬的比较,故用good的比较级better。]  10.B [考查固定搭配pay attention to注意......。]  Ⅴ.1.C [细节推断题。由第二段的最后两句可知私立学校的优势为师资力量、生活设施、先进的教学设备,没有提到C。]  2.A [主旨大意题。文章主要讲述了中国私立学校的发展、现状和特点,所以A项为最佳答案。]  3.C [猜测词义题。根据第二段花更多的钱上好的私立学校及第三段如果没有正确引导和恰当纪律约束,这些有特权的富家孩子可能就成了新贵族,私立学校也就成了贵族学校。]  4.B [推断题。文章的最后一段讲到了私立学校要引导、规范学生的行为和思想,所以下一段有可能讲的是引导和教育方式。]  Period Three Word power & Grammar and usage  Ⅰ.用适当的关系代词填空  1.I live in the room ________ windows face south.  2.My hometown is no longer the place ________ it used to be.  3.Anyone ________ breaks the law should be punished.  4.The student ________ won the first prize is the monitor who works hard.  5.We know nothing about the doctors and the hospitals ________ you are talking about.  6.Miss Wang is taking care of the child ________ parents have gone to Beijing.  7.This is the only book ________ can be lent to you.  8.Nobody wants the house of ________ the roof has fallen in.  Ⅱ.语境填词  1.I prefer the ________ (前者) alternative to the latter.  2.Though she is a middle school student,she can speak ________ (流利的) English.  3.The singer ________ (捐献) most of his money to the disabled.  4.They treated us with a ________ (极好的) dinner in a big restaurant.  5.If you have a car you are ________ (独立,不依赖) of trains and buses.  6.After ________ (毕业) from high school,he found a job as a waiter.  7.It would be a great ________ (善意) to call and see him while he is so ill.  8.Do they teach ________ (绘画) at your school?  Ⅲ.同义句转换  1.After graduating from university,he went to China to study Chinese at Beijing Language and Culture University.  After he ________ ________ university,he went to China to study Chinese at Beijing Language and Culture University.  2.I sat next to a girl called Diane.  I sat next to a girl ________ ________ was Diane.  3.We make sure that we take good care of students on campus.  We make sure that students on campus ________ ________ good care ________.  4.Upon finishing his studies,he started travelling in China.  As ________ ________ he ________ his studies,he started travelling in China.  5.The paintings are on show in the assembly hall.David donated them to the school.  The paintings ________ David donated to the school are being ________ in the assembly hall.  6.She seems to be a person who can't put her heart into one thing for long.  She seems to be a person who can't ________ ________ to one thing for long.  Ⅳ.同义词辨析  1.用more than/no more than/not more than填空  (1)He has little education,and his whole education added up to ________________________ one year.  (2)This magazine is much ________________ a reading article,which teaches us much knowledge.  (3)He has,if ________________________,as many apples as you.  (4)I am ________________ stupid ________ you are.Both of us can discover his trick.  2.用who/that/which填空  (1)Those ________ have good manners will be highly respected.  (2)Is this the room in ________ Mr. White lives?  (3)This train is the last ________ will go to Shanghai.  (4)He lives in Xishan,________ is only about an hour's ride from here.  Ⅴ.单项填空                        1.He is ________ a friend to mine.He is in a way my English teacher.  A.no more than
B.more than  C.not more than
D.nothing but  2.In order to earn more money for his new car,the young man has to work for three ________ hours in the evening.  A.many
B.another
D.else  3.When I asked her for help,she agreed to help me ______ without any hesitation (犹豫).  A.immediate
B.immediately  C.for once
D.on once  4.This is the second time that Peter has failed his maths test.He nearly wants to ________ it.  A.fall
D.pass  5.Arriving in the deep night,we found there was no food ________ as all the shops were shut.  A.left
B.available  C.remaining
D.convenient  6.-Have you moved into your new apartment?  -Not yet,It ________.  A.is being painted
B.has been painted  C.is painting
D.is painted  7.Children who are not active or________diet is high in fat will gain weight quickly.  A.what
D.that  8.I've become good friends with several of the students in my school________I met in the English speech contest last year.  A.who
D.which  9.I refuse to accept the blame for something________was someone else's fault.  A.who
D.what  10.The radio set________last week has gone wrong.  A.I bought it
B.which I bought it  C.I bought
D.what I bought  11.In the police station I saw the man from________room the thief had stolen the TV set.  A.whom
D.whose  12.He made another wonderful discovery________of great importance to science.  A.which is
B.which it is  C.who is
D.it is  13.Those________break the rule will be punished.  A.that
D.whom  14.Do you still remember the days________we spent together then?  A.when
B.during which  C./
D.on which  15.This is the only one of the films ________really interesting.  A.that is
B.that are  C.it is
D.they are  Ⅵ.完形填空  Today's students learn more in school than just reading,writing and arithmetic.They also learn how to __1__.More and more students are using __2__ means to get good grades in order to get into top __3__.Increasingly,tomorrow's leaders are today's cheaters.  Over the last decade,the number of students cheating academically has __4__ dramatically.Duke University conducted a(n) __5__ of 50,000 universities and 18,000 high school students in America.More than 70 percent of the students __6__ to having cheated.However,10 years ago,only 56 percent of the students cheated.  This __7__ extends far beyond the US.In Asia,where students face great __8__ to excel (胜过),the cheating problem is especially __9__.In many Asian countries,a student's performance is measured __10__ by exam scores.And admission to a top school __11__ passing standardized tests.This test-driven culture makes cheating an easy way for students to get __12__ in a super-competitive academic system.  Last year,24 students in Taiwan __13__ chances and ended up in prison __14__ they were caught cheating on the University Entrance Exam.The students received answers to test questions __15__ cellphones and other electronic devices (设备).But the pressure to perform well on tests isn't the only thing turning __16__ into cheaters.For one,new technology makes cheating __17__ than ever.Students now have more choices than just "cheat sheets" __18__ in pencil-boxes.  Today's students use text-messaging to send each other test __19__.Some post questions from standardized tests on Internet bulletin boards (公告牌).Students in Asia,__20__,have posted questions from the TOEFL and the GRE.1.A.study B.communicateC.cheat D.behave2.A.honest B.dishonestC.illegal D.suitable3.A.universities B.organizationsC.societies D.communities4.A.reduced B.fallenC.decreased D.increased5.A.study B.interviewC.survey D.experiment6.A.applied B.admittedC.attached D.related7.A.fashion B.styleC.custom D.trend8.A.pressure B.puzzleC.suffering D.difficulty9.A.popular B.outstandingC.obvious D.extra10.A.wholly B.mostlyC.completely D.absolutely11.A.calls
on B.takes
onC.brings
on D.depends
on12.A.ahead B.awayC.off D.on13.A.seized B.tookC.missed D.risked14.A.until B.soC.because D.before15.A.in B.onC.over D.through16.A.students B.teachersC.children D.adults17.A.harder B.lessC.easier D.tougher18.A.forbidden B.hiddenC.prepared D.folded19.A.questions B.papersC.contents D.answers20.A.for
example B.such
is D.just
like      upon/on (doing) sth.表示"一......就......",相当于as soon as引导的时间状语从句。  1.On/Upon hearing the news,he couldn't help crying.=As soon as he heard the news,he couldn't help crying.一听到那个消息,他就禁不住哭了。  2.Upon/On his return home,he began to help his mother do housework.  他一回到家就帮助他母亲做家务。      答案  Ⅰ.1.whose 2.that 3.who 4.that 5.that 6.whose 7.that 8.which  Ⅱ.1.former 2.fluent 3.donated 4.splendid 5.independent 6.graduating 7.kindness 8.painting  Ⅲ.1.graduated;from 2.whose;name 3.are;taken;of 4.soon;as;finished 5.that/which;shown 6.pay;attention  Ⅳ.1.(1)no more than (2)more than (3)not more than  (4)no more;than  解析 more than多于,大于;no more than不过,仅仅(=only);和......一样不;not more than不超过,至多(=at most);还比不上。  2.(1)who (2)which (3)that (4)which  解析 (1)先行词指人时,用who不用that的情况:①先行词是指人的不定代词时,如one,ones,anyone等。②先行词为指人的those时,句子中含两个修饰人的定语从句,一个用了that,另一个宜用who。③在there be开头的句子中。  (2)先行词指物时,用that不用which的情况:①当先行词为不定代词或被all,the only,the very修饰时;②当先行词是序数词或形容词最高级或被序数词,形容词最高级修饰时;③当先行词既有人又有物时;④当主句是以疑问词who或which开头的特殊疑问句时;⑤含两个定语从句,一个用了which,另一个宜用that;⑥当先行词是表语,或关系代词本身在从句中作表语时。  (3)用which不用that情况:①当关系代词前有介词时;②在非限制性定语从句中;③先行词本身是that时。  Ⅴ.1.B [more than不仅仅,多于。no more than只是,仅仅;not more than至多;nothing but只有。]  2.C [句意为:为了多挣钱买新车,这个年轻人不得不晚上额外工作3个小时。extra额外的。再3个小时应为another three hours。]  3.B [考查immediately的用法。句意为:当我向她求助的时候,她毫不犹豫地立刻同意帮助我。应选副词来修饰动词agreed。]  4.B [考查动词的用法。句意为:这是第二次彼得的数学测验不及格,他几乎就想放弃了。根据句意应选B。]  5.B [考查形容词。句意为:我们深夜回来,这儿没有任何可获得的食物因为所有的商店都关门了。由句意可知,应选B。A项意为"剩余的";B项意为"可获得的";C项意为"残留的";D项意为"方便的"。]  6.A [考查时态和语态,之所以没有搬家是因为"房子正在(被)粉刷中"。]  7.B [句意为:不活跃或者饮食中脂肪含量高的孩子很容易发胖。该句由or连接两个并列的定语从句,第二个定语从句由whose引导,whose在从句中作定语,修饰主语diet。]  8.A [句意为:我已和我的学校的几个学生成了好朋友,他们是我在去年英语演讲比赛时遇到的。本题考查定语从句,从句中缺少宾语,且先行词为人,故A项正确。]  9.B [句意为:我拒绝接受因别人的错误而对我进行的指责。定语从句的先行词是something,who在定语从句中指人,故排除who;引导词在句中作主语,故用that;as只可引导非限制性定语从句,代替前面或后面的整个句子;what不能引导定语从句。]  10.C [此题选项A中it多余;B中it多余;D中what不能引导定语从句;C中省略了关系代词which或that,可作定语从句,故选C。]  11.D [room前缺少作定语的关系代词,只有D项对。]  12.A [先行词是discovery,定语从句的主语只能用which或that,选项B中it多余,故选A。]  13.B [先行词those在此指人,定语从句中又缺主语,故who是最佳答案。]  14.C [定语从句中的spent是及物动词,缺少作宾语的关系代词which或that,而which或that可以省略,故只能选C。]  15.A [考查定语从句。在the only one of+复数可数名词结构中其先行词不再是复数名词而是one,故只能选A。]  Ⅵ.1.C [考查文意理解。全文的话题是谈论舞弊的,因此选cheat。]  2.B [考查句意理解。舞弊采取的是不诚实的(dishonest)手段在考试中取得高分。honest意为"诚实的";illegal意为"不合法的";suitable意为"适合的",均不符合语意。]  3.A [考查语境理解。下文有暗示,作弊是为了考取好的大学。]  4.D [考查动词辨析。句意为"在过去的十年中,舞弊的人数急剧增加(increased)"。从本句后面的信息词"More than 70 percent"以及"only 56 percent"可知答案。]  5.C [考查名词辨析。conduct a survey意为"进行一项调查"。]  6.B [考查动词短语。apply to意为"运用";admit to意为"承认";attach to意为"附属于";relate to意为"与......有关"。]  7.D [考查名词辨析。fashion意为"风尚";style意为"风格";custom意为"风俗";trend意为"趋势"。this trend意为"这种趋势"。]  8.A [考查名词辨析。依据上下文,此处表示"学生面临很大压力(pressure)",其他三个选项与句意不符。]  9.C [考查形容词辨析。popular意为"流行的";outstanding意为"显著的";obvious意为"明显的";extra意为"额外的"。]  10.B [考查句意理解。句意为"在许多亚洲国家,学生的表现主要(mostly)依据考试分数来衡量"。wholly意为"全部";completely意为"完全地";absolutely意为"绝对地"。]  11.D [考查动词短语。call on意为"号召";take on意为"呈现";bring on意为"引起";depend on意为"取决于"。]  12.A [考查动词短语。get ahead意为"获得成功";get away意为"逃脱";get off意为"下车,从......下来";get on意为"上车"。]  13.B [考查固定短语。take chances意为"冒险,碰运气"。]  14.C [考查连词辨析。后句为前句的原因,因此答案选because。]  15.D [考查介词词义。依据句意,此处用through,意为"通过",表示方式和手段。]  16.A [考查文章理解。通篇在讨论"学生作弊问题",因此这里答案选students。]  17.C [考查句意理解。句意为"现代高科技使舞弊更加容易(easier)"。]  18.B [考查句意理解。写有答案的纸条应是藏(hidden)在文具盒里。]  19.D [考查语境理解。根据上下文逻辑,学生舞弊时传递的应是答案(answers)。questions意为"问题";papers意为"考卷";contents意为"内容",均不符合句意。]  20.A [考查短语区别。for example意为"例如",表示举例说明,其后通常有逗号。such as表示列举事物,其后无逗号。]  Period Four Task  Ⅰ.语境填词  1.What's the best ________ (题目) of this article?  2.He never trusted me,________ (不知为什么).  3.He ________ (通知) them of his arrival.  4.His grandfather is a ________ (教授) in journalism at the People's University.  5.In the ________ (最近的) years,great changes have taken place in our village.  6.This coin dates back to the Qing ________ (王朝).  7.________ (比较) the new TV set with the old one,and you will see which is better.  8.Will you ________ (交换) your seat with me?  Ⅱ.选词填空  inform sb. of,compare...to...,donate...to...,refer to,pay attention to,be available for,make use of,according to  1.The great mother decided to ________ the kidney (肾) of her dying son ________ a sick boy in the hospital.  2.Twelve science laboratories ______________________ different experiments.  3.I ________ his wife ________ his safe arrival.  4.He ________ Beijing ________ the heart of China.  5.Answer your teacher's questions ________________ the timetable and the notes.  6.You must ________ good ________________ this opportunity.  7.You should ________ much ________________ your handwriting.  8.Don't ________________ that matter again.  Ⅲ.同义词辨析  1.用somehow/somewhat/somewhere填空  (1)It is ________ difficult for you.  (2)I have left my book ________.  (3)________ we lost our way.  (4)We must get it finished ________.  2.用refer to/look up的适当形式填空  (1)You may ________________ your notes if you want.  (2)You can ________________ the word in a dictionary if necessary.  (3)________________ a dictionary about it.  3.用compare...with.../compare with/compare...to...的适当形式填空  (1)He cannot ________________ Shakespeare as a writer of tragedies.  (2)________________ many people,she was indeed lucky.  (3)The world is often ____________ a big stage.  (4)I read a book that ________ the human brain ________ that of the elephant.  Ⅳ.单项填空  1.During the Olympics,the Special TV Program ______ all the track and field events in progress.  A.was informed us of
B.kept informing us of  C.kept us inform of
D.kept informed us of  2.My friend came to see me ________ but I wasn't in,so he left a message saying that he would come again.  A.some day
B.another day  C.the other day
D.all day  3.________ the dictionary and you'll find the meaning of the word.  A.Look up
B.Look for  C.Search for
D.Refer to  4.-Which do you ________ better,tea or coffee?  -Tea please.  A.prefer
B.like  C.would rather
D.had  5.________ with others,you leave us a deeper impression.  Poets often compare life ________ a river.  A.Comparing;to
B.Compared;with  C.Compared;to
D.Comparing;with  6.As far as I am concerned,education is about learning and the more you learn,________.  A.the more for life are you equipped  B.the more equipped for life you are  C.the more life you are equipped for  D.you are equipped the more for life  7.What do you think the children ________ when we get home?  A.will do
B.are doing  C.will be doing
D.have been doing  8.________ from him,I wrote to him.  A.Upon hearing
B.Upon heard  C.Upon I heard
D.Upon to hear  9.-Do you have anything in mind ________ you'd like for supper?  -Well, ________ is okay with me.  A. anything
B. everything  C. whatever
D. something  10.I was close to being killed the other day.A car passed me at ________ I thought was a dangerous speed.  A.as
D.that  Ⅴ.任务型阅读  If we are ever asked to give a talk,most of us are shy and embarrassed about it.There is no need for this.If a few simple rules are followed,anyone can speak well in public.  First of all,the talk should be well prepared.In this way we gain an interest in what we are going to say and we build up our confidence.If we know that we have worked hard to get out facts right then we feel better.  There are three things that we should know when we are preparing our talk.The first one is what we are trying to do:what do we want to tell our audience?The second thing is who our audience will be.If we are talking to children,then our talk should be simple;if we are speaking to older people,then we can be a little more complex,and so on.The third thing we should know is for how long we should be talking,then we should make sure that we stick to that time.  It has been said that the main object of any talk is to bring an idea and audience together.If we remember that,and speak clearly and honestly in a friendly fashion (姿态,方式),we should be able to speak in public.  HOW TO 1.________ A Talk/Speak IN PUBLICFirst of allThe talk should be well preparedTo gain an interest,to build up our 2.____________Three things that youshould know3.________ we are trying to doWhat do we want to tell our 4.________5.________ our audience will beA:Talking to children,our talk should be 6.________B:Talking to olderones,our talkshould be a little more 7.________The main10.________ of a talkTo bring an idea and audience together    Ⅵ.书面表达  为了丰富外国留学生的生活,你校学生会将举办一次音乐周活动。请你以组织者的身份写一个英文书面通知。有关内容如下:  时间:5月的第一周。  活动:1.演唱歌曲:流行歌曲;  2.器乐演奏:古典和民间音乐;  3.音乐比赛:听歌曲片断,然后猜出处。  地点:届时通知。  注意:1.书面通知应写成一篇连贯的短文;  2.可以适当增减细节;  3.参加者于4月20日前报名。  参考词汇:古典(的)classical;民间(的)folk;乐器musical instruments。  ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________        It is+n. (+for sb./sth.)+to do sth.  用于此句型的名词有:pity,shame,pleasure,struggle,one's duty,one's job,joy,good manners,bad manners等。  1.It was a struggle for me to remember all the faces and names.  对我来说记住所有人的面孔和名字可是一件难事。  2.It's a shame for him to deceive you in that way.  他那样欺骗你太不像话了。      答案  Ⅰ.1.title 2.somehow 3.informed 4.professor  5.recent 6.dynasty 7.Compare 8.exchange  Ⅱ.1.donate;to 2.are available for 3.informed;of  4.compared;to 5.according to 6.make;use of  7.pay;attention to 8.refer to  Ⅲ.1.(1)somewhat (2)somewhere (3)Somehow  (4)somehow  解析 somehow作为副词,意为"不知为什么;不知怎么地";somewhat作为副词,意为"稍微;有点";somewhere作为副词,意为"在某处;到某处"。  2.(1)refer to (2)look up (3)Refer to  解析 refer to和look up都有"查阅"的意思,refer to后直接带书籍、词典等名词;而look up后面跟所要查找的词作宾语。  3.(1)compare with (2)Compared with/to (3)compared to (4)compares;with  解析 compare作为动词时后面跟with或to,及物时with或to位于宾语后面;不及物时则直接跟在动词后面。compare A with B把A同B进行比较;compare A to B把A比作B;compared with/to...与......比较而言;作为不及物动词与with连用,相比,比得上;但是在进行比较时,要作深入细致的研究,一般则用with。  Ⅳ.1.B [主语是inform的执行者,故inform不用被动式;keep后接动词的-ing形式;us是inform的宾语。]  2.C [考查短语辨析。some day来日;another day又一天;the other day前几天;all day整天。根据语境此处应为"前几天"。]  3.D [考查动词短语辨析。look up向上看,尊敬,仰望,查询;look for寻找,期待;search for搜查,搜索;refer to查阅,提到,谈到。look up虽然有"查询"之意,但查字典为look up+被查单词+in the dictionary,否则不能表示"查字典"。refer to the dictionary查字典。]  4.B [like better更喜欢些,prefer本身就是"更喜欢",如果再加上better就错了。]  5.C [Compared with others=If you are compared with others你"被"和别人比较;第二空compare sth. to把......比作。]  6.B [考查"the+比较级+陈述句,the+比较级+陈述句"结构。句意为"就我个人而言,教育是关于学习的,你学得越多,你为生活装备得就越多"。同时又考查词组be equipped for。]  7.C [考查时态。状语从句中为一般现在时,则主句中用将来时态。do you think为插入语。]  8.A [句意为:我一收到他来信就写信给他了。upon是介词,介词后用名词或v.-ing形式。upon/on doing意为"一......就",相当于"as soon as+句子"。]  9.A [第一句是that引导的定语从句,先行词为不定代词anything,关系代词只能用that;第二空中的anything用在肯定句中,意为"任何东西",含有"无一例外"之意。]  10.C [本题考查名词性从句的连接词区别。此句是what引导的宾语从句,what在从句中作主语,I thought是插入语。注意what在引导名词性从句时,表示"......的事或人"。]  Ⅴ.1.MAKE/GIVE 2.confidence 3.What 4.audience  5.Who 6.simple 7.complex 8.How 9.in/within/during 10.object/aim/purpose  Ⅵ.  参考范文  NoticeDear students,  The Students' Union has decided to organize a music week.It will be held in the first week of May.The activities include singing pop songs and playing classical and folk music.Bring your own musical instruments,please.A music contest will be included,too.The students taking part in the contest will listen to part of a song or a piece of music,and then guess where it comes from.If you'd like to take part in the music week,please come and sign up for it before April 20th.The place for the activities will be announced later.  Come to the great fun!  Students' Union  Period Five Project  Ⅰ.语境填词  1.You can join the class if your parents ________ (同意).  2.We have finished all necessary ________ (准备).  3.The gold watch has been handed down to their children from one ________ (一代) to another.  4.Nowadays ________ (挑选) a mobile phone for personal use is not easy because technology is changing rapidly.  5.The CCTV1 ________ (播报) the news at 19∶00 every evening.  6.It was Chaucer who really turned English into ______ (文学的) language.  7.What is its ________ (成分)?  8.We are going on an ________ (远足) this Sunday.  Ⅱ.选词填空    1.I'm ________________ your teacher.I'm also your best friend.  2.Many students use their mobile phones to ________________________ their close friends and teachers.  3.I ________________________ what happened to Tom.  4.Who is ________________________ the children?  5.I quite ________________ your idea of having further study in Britain.  6.All the students are busy ________________________ their final examinations.  Ⅲ.同义词辨析  1.用close/closed/closely填空  (1)I'll take a ________ look at your homework.  (2)He observed ________ the boy while working.  (3)The shop was ________ when I got there this afternoon.  (4)Australia and Hong Kong have developed a ______ relationship over the years.  2.用select/choose的适当形式填空  (1)Mike ________________ to attend the talk show from many applicants.  (2)The following season he ________________ for the national team.  (3)In ________ friends,we should pay more attention to their personalities.  3.用prepare/prepare for/be prepared for的适当形式填空  (1)She ____________________ anything to happen.  (2)Will you help me ________________ the party?  (3)The defence lawyer asked for another week to ________ their case.  (4)The teacher ________________ the reviewing exercises,and the students ______________________ the final examination.  Ⅳ.单项填空  1.If my plan ________,all my work will have been wasted.  A.doesn't approve of
B.isn't approved  C.is against
D.isn't in favor of  2.The children were left ________ charge of a nurse.  A.in
B.to the  C.in the
D.with  3.He stepped onto the stage,________ to give a lecture.  A.to prepare for
B.prepared  C.preparing
D.preparing for  4.I've worked with children before,so I know what________ in my new job.  A.expected
B.to expect  C.to be expecting
D.expects  5.________ is known to us all is that the 2012 Olympic Games will take place in London.  A.It
D.Which  6.This is the first time we ________ a film in the cinema together as a family.  A.see
B.had seen  C.saw
D.have seen  7.It's dangerous for young children to ________ pools,rivers and lakes ________.  A.go closed to;themselves  B.go closely to;by themselves  C.get closely to;by themselves  D.get close to;by themselves  8."The matter required ________,"they all said.  A.to look into
B.being looked into  C.to be looked
D.looking into  9.They played jazz ________ to make it ________.  A.aloud;heard
B.loudly;heard  C.loud;hear
D.loudly;being heard  10.-Are you going home?  -________.  A.Yes.I forgot to bring my key  B.No.I forgot to bring my key  C.Yes.I'm going to see my teacher  D.No.I remembered to bring my key  Ⅴ.阅读理解  Young people can have problems with their minds.Some students become worried because they have to study very hard.Others have trouble getting on well with people like their parents and classmates.Liu Wei,a Junior 2 student from Hefei,could not understand his teacher and was doing badly in his lessons.He became so worried about it that he started to cut his finger with a knife.Another student,14-year-old Yan Fang from Guangzhou,was afraid of exams.She got very worried in the test,and when she looked at the exam papers,she couldn't think of anything to write.  A recent report from Liberation Daily says about 18% of Shanghai teenagers have mental (心理的) problems.Their troubles include (包括) being worried and very unhappy,and having problems in learning and getting on well with people.Many students who have problems won't go for advice or help.Some think they will look stupid if they go to see a doctor.Others don't want to talk about their secrets.  Liang Yuezhu,an expert on teenagers from Beijing Anding Hospital has the following advice for teenagers.  1)Talk to your parents or teachers often.  2)Take part in group activities and play sports.  3)Go to see a doctor if you feel unhappy or unwell.  1.The students who often become worried or have trouble getting on well with others may have ________.  A.mental problems
B.a headache  C.knives with them
D.no parents  2.Liu Wei cut his finger with a knife because ________.  A.he was afraid of his teacher  B.he wanted to frighten his parents  C.he was so worried about his study  D.his finger was badly hurt  3.Yan Fang's problems happened whenever ________.  A.she studied very hard  B.she had exams  C.she talked with her parents  D.she thought of something  4.Students who have problems won't ask others for help because ________.  A.they won't let others think they are stupid  B.they don't think doctors can help them  C.they don't want to tell their secrets to others  D.both A and C        众所周知,2012奥林匹克运动会将在伦敦举行。  1.It is known to all that the 2012 Olympic Games will take place in London.  2.We all know that the 2012 Olympic Games will be held in London.  3.As is known to all,the 2012 Olympic Games will be held in London.  4.That the 2012 Olympic Games will take place in London is known to all.  5.What is known to all is that the 2012 Olympic Games will be hosted in London.      答案  Ⅰ.1.approve 2.preparation 3.generation 4.selecting 5.broadcasts 6.literary 7.composition 8.outing  Ⅱ.1.more than 2.give messages to 3.was informed of 4.in charge of 5.approve of 6.making preparations for  Ⅲ.1.(1)close (2)closely (3)closed (4)close  解析 close adj.亲密的,靠近的;严密的;仔细的;adj. & adv.(距离上、时间上)接近的(地);closed adj.关闭的,保密的;closely adv.仔细地;密切地;严密地。  2.(1)was selected (2)was selected (3)choosing  解析 select精选,挑选;是指从同类的许多东西中仔细辨别后选择,挑选最合适的。choose应用范围广,指一般的"挑选,选择"。  3.(1)was prepared for (2)prepare for (3)prepare (4)is preparing;are preparing for  解析 prepare用作及物动词,是"准备......"之意,后接名词,常含有"使所准备的东西能吃,能用"等,也可接带to的不定式,表示准备干某事;prepare for后接名词,是"为......做准备",有一定的目的;be prepared for仅表示一种状态。  Ⅳ.1.B [句意为:如果我的计划得不到批准,我的所有工作就白做了。C、D两项的主语一般是人,其宾语为"计划、观点等";approve作为及物动词,意为"批准,通过",与plan之间为被动关系,所以应用被动语态。]  2.C [be in the charge of由......负责,由......照管,表被动意思;in charge of主管,掌管,看管。]  3.B [prepared此处相当于并列句and he was prepared意为"已准备好"。]  4.B ["疑问词+不定式"结构在句中作know的宾语。]  5.B [考查名词性从句的用法。根据句子分析,第二个is前面的"...is known to us all"为主语从句,且空格处在从句中作主语,结合题意,故选B。]  6.D [在This/It is the first/second...time that从句中,that从句谓语动词用现在完成时态。句意为:这是第一次我们全家人一起到电影院看电影。]  7.D [get close to接近;by oneself独自。]  8.D [考查require的用法。require doing sth.=require to be done,表被动。]  9.B [aloud指声音大得能听到;loudly响亮地,大声地;loud高声的。演奏爵士乐应该是大声地。make sth. done使某事被做。]  10.B [考查交际用语。句意:--你要回家吗?--不,我忘了带钥匙了。应选B项。]  Ⅴ.1.A [根据第一段前三句可知。]  2.C [根据第一段"Liu Wei...could not understand his teacher and was doing badly in his lessons.He became so worried about it that he started to cut his finger with a knife."可知为学习担忧。]  3.B [Yan Fang害怕考试。故选B。]  4.D [从文章的第二段最后两句可知答案。]

我要回帖

更多关于 mr and mrs smith 的文章

随机推荐