各科知识点 |
初中英语: |
中学生必看书目:
您当前所在位置:
2012届中考英语复习往年试题分类汇编:阅读理解5
B) 将短文中划线的句子译成汉语:
77. ____________________________________________________________________
C) 根据短文内容,回答下列问题:
78. How many people around the world have tried bungee jumping?
80. Though bungee jumping only lasts a few minutes, people can get _____________ from it.
56~60 ADDBC 61~65 DCCBA 66~70 CBDDC
76. F 77. 我认为蹦极就是这种行为的一个很好的例子。
78. 2,000,000(people around the world have tried bungee jumping).
79. (Acticities such as) jumping from the tall buildings and diving into the sea from the top of high rocks are as dangerous as bungee jumping. 80. quick pleasure
(河北省秦皇岛市海港区2011年初中毕业生升学模拟考试(二))
Ⅶ. 阅读理解 (共15小题,每小题2分,计30分)
阅读A、B、C三篇材料,然后从各小题所给的四个选项中选出最佳选项。
April Fools& Day is supposed to be a day to play jokes on others in hopes of getting a good laugh and mak ing one feel like a fool. However, the April Fools& Day of 2010 was quite different for my mom and me.
That day my friend Jimmy and I were playing a game. I had dropped down from a bar(横木) many times in the past without ever having a problem, but that day the simple act of dropping to the ground became a nightmare(噩梦). I broke my arm.
Jimmy&s dad heard my crying and rushed out to see what was going on. When he saw the problem, he quickly put me into his truck and went inside to telephone my mom and let her know he would take me to the hospital. As that day was April Fools& Day, Mom was not buying it and really thought all this was a big joke. Mom was finally convinced by Jimmy&s mom. When she saw me, she broke down in tears because she felt so bad&she originally (开始)thought this was just a big prank(恶作剧).
I guess one could compare this to the story of &The Boy Who Cried Wolf&. Since I had pulled pranks before, it is no wonder that my mom didn&t believe it. I as well as my mom was made to look like a fool that day. We both learned a valuable lesson.
56. What happened to the writer on the April Fools& Day of 2010?
A. He dreamed a terrible dream. B. He was hurt by Jimmy.
C. He had an accident. D. He fooled his mom with his friend.
57. Why did Jimmy&s dad phone the writer&s mom?
A. Because he wanted to play a joke on her.
B. Because he wanted her to go to the hospital to pay the money.
C. Because he wanted to see how deeply she loved her son.
D. Because he wanted to inform her of the accident.
58. What does the underlined sentence &Mom was not buying it& mean?
A . She didn&t believe what Jimmy&s dad said.
B. She would not like to pay the money.
C. She had no preparation for the bad news.
D. She thought her son deserved(应受) it.
59. Why did the writer mention the story of &The Boy Who Cried Wolf&?
A. Because he thought it was his mom&s fault.
B. Because he had a lesson like that.
C. Because he was proud of his story.
D. Because he felt he was luckier than that boy.
60. From the passage we can infer that __________.
A. the writer&s mom didn&t care much about him
B. the writer was a dishonest person
C. the writer won&t pull pranks as before
D. the writer will lose interest in games
Huang Xiaoming
Chinese actor Huang Xiaoming visited the panda base(据点) in Sichuan province.
During his visit, Huang put on a keeper&s suit and tried cutting bamboo, cleaning cages and feeding the pandas.
Huang also adopted a pair of panda twins with a gift of one million yuan.
Angelina Jolie
Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie can do all kinds of things on screen. It looks like she&s good at everything, shooting, fighting and killing. But there&s one thing she&s afraid of&cooking. The 33-year-old actress says she was never able to master cooking skills. &I don&t cook&it&s the one thing I can&t do!& she says.
Chinese hostess Chen Luyu is famous for her popular talk show. She set up an online version(版本) of her show .
People have grown tired of Chen&s show, especially her habit of constantly(经常的)asking guests, &really?&.
But the producer of the show supports Chen. &She&s one of the few Chinese hosts who knows how to control(控制)her desire(愿望) to express herself and let the guests speak freely in an interview.&
61. What kind of animals does Huang Xiaoming like?
A. Pandas. B. Monkeys. C. Tigers. D. Lions.
62. Which is TRUE about Angelina Jolie?
A. She is good at everything. B. She can&t shoot well.
C. She can&t cook by herself. D. She can cook well.
63. Why have people grown tired of Chen Luyu&s show according to the passage?
A. Because she isn&t famous for her talk show.
B. Because she set up an online version of talk show.
C. Because she has the habit of constantly asking, &Really?&.
D. Because she likes to express herself.
64. What does the underlined word &adopt& mean in the first paragraph?
A. 批准 B. 继承 C. 采纳 D. 收养
65. We can know from the passage that _______.
A. Angelina Jolie is a shy actress B. Chen Luyu isn&t famous any more
C. Huang Xiaoming is a kind man D. All the three stars are Chinese
If we want to deal with the association(社交) between boys and girls properly, here are some &dos and don&ts& for you to follow.
Keep a normal and healthy state of mind. Our schools and classes are made up of boys and girls. It is very nature for the boys and girls to make friends with each other. We should make as many friends as possible. We should keep touch with the other sex(性别) in public instead of in secret.
Don&t be too nervous or too shy. If you are a shy person, you can also find a way out. First of all, you can make friends with the students who have the same interest and hobby as you. As both of you have much i n common, you may have much to talk about. If you keep d oing like that, little by little, you will gladly find you are also as free to express yourself as others.
Don&t fall into the ditch of early love. The boys and girls at a adolescence (青春期) are rich in feeling. They are easy to regard the friendship as a sign of love and fall in love with each other at an early age. In my opinion, early love is a green apple that can&t be eaten. An apple won&t taste sweet until it is full ripe. Boys and girls at middle school are too young to carry the heavy duty of love. Do keep out of early love.
66. The main idea of the passage is to _______.
A. tell students to keep away from early love
B . give some advice on how to associate between boys and girls
C. tell students how to make friends
D. teach boys how to talk with girls
67. We should keep touch with the other sex in following ways EXCEPT _______.
A. with a good state of mind B. in real friendship C. in public D. in secret
68. If you are a shy person, you can ________.
A. find friends with the same interest and hobby first
B. only have a few friends of the same sex
C. not make friends with the other sex
D. not fall in love with other students easily
69. What does the underlined word &ditch& mean?
A. 波浪 B. 泥潭 C. 圈套 D. 迷惑
70. A person at adolescence is ________.
A. complicated(复杂的)in feelings B. good at making friends with each other
C. old enough to fall in love D. easy to regard the friendship as a sign of love
Pets are a part of people's lives. Some pets are like family. In these days, many people have pets at home and spend a lot of money improving their lives. In fact, in some parts of the world, pets get real VIP treatment (待遇). VIP usually means Very Important People, but here VIP means Very Important Pets!
When you want to give Fido or Kitty a holiday, or when you're going away on business, you can choose from many dog and cat hotels. Some have many different good services(服务) . Dogs can exercise inside or outside, and cats have a large place with something to climb on and play with. The guests get the best food during their stays at these hotels.
There are other special services at these hotels. Imagine you are travellin g and you want to see your pet: The hotel can put a video camera in the pet's room. So you can see your Fido or Kitty on TV.
The hotels usually have good groomers (美容师): They offer baths and the best hair care for the pets. But you need to make an appointment (预约) because these people are usually very busy taking care of pets.
76判断正误(T or F);77完成句子;78-79简略回答问题;80英译汉
76. &Fido& stands for(代表) a kind of pet in this passage. ( )
77. The new meaning of &VIP& in this passage is ______________________.
78. According to this passage, where can you put your pet when you are away on business?
(河北省唐山市2011年古冶区九年级第一次模拟考试英语试卷)
六.阅读理解。(共15小题,每小题2分,计30分)
Ten-year-old Barack Obama was one of only three black students at his school in Hawaii(夏威夷), US. He felt very different from most other students. White girls wanted to touch his hair.A white boy asked him whether his father ate people.
&I lied to them that my father was a Kenyan(肯尼亚) prince. But I kept asking myself who I am,& said Obama.
However, 37 years later, the boy made history. Obama became the first black president(总统) in US history.
Obama was born in 1961, to an African father and a white American woman from a small town in the US. He grew up in Indonesia(印度尼西亚) and Hawaii. This unusual background made him wonder who he was. He once turned to alcohol(酒精) to help forget this question.
With the help from his friends, Obama finally turned his life around at college. His hard work made him a star at Harvard(哈佛大学).Later, he became only the third black senator(参议员 ) in US history.
During his race to the highest post in the US, Obama talked about his background. He called for a United States of America, rather than a white America or a black America.
&Obama's success has made Martin Luther King's dream come true. That is: A man should not be judged(判断) by the color of his skin(皮肤), but by the content of his character,& wrote ABC news.
51. Why did the white girls want to touch Obarna's hair?
A. Because Obarna was only 10 years old.
B. Because Obama was lovely, and they liked him.
C. Because Obama would be a president 37 years later.
D. Because they thought Obama was different from them.
52. Obama believed in himself when he was a student at his school in Hawaii, didn't he?
A. Yes, he did.       B. Yes, he didn't.
C. No, he didn't.       D. No, he did.
53. How old was Obama when he became the first black president in US history?
A. lo.   B. 37.   C. 40.   D. 47.
54. Obama became only the third black senator in US history_______.
A. with the help of his friends
B. by his hard work
C. through his unusual background
D. with the help of alcohol
55. What did ABC news think of Obama?
A. His success has made Martin Luther King's dream come true.
B. A man should not be judged by the color of his skin.
C. Obama's background is unusual.
D. He lied that his father was a Kenyan prince, then he isn't an honest man.
On March 11th, a big earthquake happened suddenly in Japan. A lot of buildings collapsed(倒塌). It killed over 10,000 people in a few minutes. Shortly after the earthquake, a father rushed to the school where his son studied only to find the building had fallen down. He remembered his promise to his son:&No matter what happens, I&ll always be there for you!&
The tearful father began to dig to look for his son. Some parents felt hopeless and tried to pull him off. But he asked,&Are you going to help me now?&And then he kept on digging. The firemen came. They tried to pull off and said,&Danger! Leave here!& But the father who loved his son deeply asked,&Are you going to help me now?&
The policemen came up and said,&It&s over.Leave here!We&ll do it.&
Still he asked again and again,&Are you going to help me now?&
He went on alone because he needed to know,&Is my boy alive or is he dead?& He dug for 8 hours&12 hours&24hours&36hours&then, in the 38th hours, he pulled back a large stone And heard his son&s voice. He cried,&Akito!&He heard back,&Dad? It&s me, Dad! I told other kids you&d save me. I believe you would keep your promise.&&Get out, boy!&&No, dad! Let the other kids out first. Because I know you&ll get me out! No matter what happens, I know you&ll always be there for me!&
56.________ people lost their lives in this earthquake.
A. More than ten housand B. Less than ten thousand
C. More than a million D. only one billion
57. __________kept on saving the boy.
A. The father, the other parents, the firemen and the policemen
B. The father, the other parents and the firemen
C. The father and the other parents
D. Only the father himself
58. The father __________ his son was alive or dead.
A. was sure B. knew C. wondered whether D. needed to make sure if
59. The boy ____________.
A. believed his father would let him out of danger
B. died from the earthquake
C. was badly hurt
D. was angry with his father
60. Who was saved first?
A. The boy B. The other kids C. The father D. A teacher
Many children use the Internet to get useful knowledge and information, and to relax in their free time. But some of them are not using in a good way. Here are some rules to make sure you are safe and have fun on the Internet.
● Make rules for Internet use with your parents. For example, when you can go online, for how long and what activities you can go online.
● Don&t give your password (密码) to anyone else, and never leak out the following information---your real name, home address, age, school, phone number or other personal information.
● Check with your parents before giving out a credit (信用) card number.
● Never send a photo of yourself to someone in e-mail(1)_______ your parents say it&s OK.
● Check with your parents before going into a chat room. Different chat rooms have different rules and attract different kinds of people. You and your parents must make sure it&s a right place for you.
● Never agree to meet someone you met on the Internet without your parent&s alowance (允许). Never meet anyone you met online alone.
● Always remember that people online may not be who they say they are. Treat everyone online as strangers.
● If something you see or read online makes you uncomfortable, leave the site. Tell a parent or teacher right away.
● Treat other people as you&d like to be treated. Never use bad language.
● Remember&(2)并非你在因特网上读到的一切都是真实的.
61. The underlined phrase &leak out& in the third paragraph may mean &________&in Chinese.
62. 根据上下文,在文中(1)处填上一个恰当的单词。Never send a photo of yourself to someone in e-mail__________ your parents say it&s OK.
63. What should you do if you see or read something that makes you uncomfortable?
三、综合阅读(共三节,计34分)
第一节 综合知识(共6小题,每小题1分,满分6分)
根据所掌握的文化或背景知识,选择正确答案。
( )61. is the Chinese tradional holiday.
A. Father&s Day B. Teachers& Day C. Christmas D. the Mid-autumn
( )62. is the largest freshwater lake in China.
A. Dongting Lake B. Poyany Lake C. Qinghai Lake D. Hongze Lake
( )63. is one of the greatest scientists, who won the Nobel Prize for physics.
A. Yuan Longping B. Bisheng C. Yang Zhenning D. Zheng He
( )64. can cause high blood pressure and hearing problems.
A. Air pollution B. Water pollution C. Light pollution D. Noise pollution
( )65. Our planet is about years old.
A. 35,000 B. 4600 C. 4600 million D. 500 million
第二节 阅读理解(共7小题,每小题2分,共14分)
What does blood do for us? It brings food to all parts of our bodies and takes waste away from them. All parts of our bodies are made of cells. These cells are very small. They all need all the time. No one could make pictures of cells because no one could see them.
What makes the blood move round the body? The heart is a pump. It pumps the blood and sends it round the body. The heart has rooms with doors between them. It pumps blood in and out through these doors by changing the size of the rooms so that the doors are opened and shut. The heart keeps a stream of blood going all around the body and back again to itself. The heart is a very important part of one's body. When it stops beating, one will die.
( )67.Blood is important to our body because it can
A. provide pictures of cells B. bring food and waste
C. from a stream D. move around the heart
( )68.What does the underline word &microscope& mean in Chinese?
A. 显微镜 B. 探测仪 C.放大镜 D.摄像机
( )69.According to the passage, a pump is used to
A. open or shut doors B. send something up
C. change the size of rooms D. make something in or out
A little knowledge can make a difference at a time of life or death. Do you know what to do if you find yourself in an earthquake?
lf you are inside:
Quickly move under a strong desk, a strong table or along a wall. You can also go into a small room like the bathroom. This will protect you from falling things. Do not get into a lift.
Don't stand near windows, large mirrors, heavy furniture of fireplaces.
If you're outside:
Move away from buildings and streetlights. These could fall on you. Squat(蹲下) and protect your head until the shaking stops.
After the earthquake:
Check, take care of injuries and help make sure people around you are all right. Watch out for aftershocks.
Protect yourself by wearing long pants, a long-sleeved(长袖的)shirt and strong shoes. Listen to tile radio for the latest information.
( )70.1f you are in a tall building when an earthquake happens, you'd better .
A. run into a lift B. not stay in the bathroom
C. stand near large mirrors D. not stand near windows
( )71 .lf you outside during an earthquake
A. you must move into a building B. you cannot squat
C. you have to stop the shaking D. you must move away from streetlights
( )72.After the earthquake, you should
A. look after injuries
B. not help the others around you
C. protect yourself without wearing shoes
D. not listen to the radio for the latest information
( )73.The underlined word &aftershocks& in the passage means in Chinese.
A. 震感 B. 震源 C. 余震 D. 防震
第三节 任务型阅读(共7小题;每小题2分,满分14分)
阅读下面短文,根据所给语境,按要求完成下列各题。
Are you the only child in tile family? If so, you are the most important in your family. Parents are the closest people to you in the world. But a lot of middle school students have a problem. They feel they're not as close to their parents as before. (1) They even think their parents are unfair to them.
Some students complain that their parents say a lot to them, but never listen to them. Some say, &(2)My parents don't allow me to play computer games, but other classmates are doing that&. Others say, when they're making phone calls to friends, their parents like to ask if they're speaking to a boy or a girl. These make them very unhappy. Some students even decide to leave home. But they don't know running away may bring them some more problems. Show your parents you're growing up. Then they'll feel you're no longer a small child.
(3)If you follow the advice, you'll have a happy life and never think of running away.
74.根据(1)处完成下面的句子(每空一词)。
They even their parents are fair to them.
75.将(2)处改写句子(每空一词)。
my classmates are playing computer games, my parents me from doing that.
76.根据(3)处完成下面的句子(每空一词)
you follow the advice, you not have a happy life and think of running away.
What makes the world become smaller? Some inventions, It began in the 11th century, But it has developed greatly in the last century. Let's take a look at the five top inventions.
Movable Type(活字印刷) :By using Movable Type, books could be printed cheaply and easily. Bi Sheng invented Movable Type in China in the 11th century.
Telephone: The inventor Alexander Graham Bell made the first telephone call in 1876.& Mr. Watson, come here. I want you ,&he said to his assistant(助手) over the phone line. And with those famous words, the world was about to get much smaller.
Airplane: The Wright brothers made the first powered flight in1903.Air travel has made the far way places suddenly become a lot closer.
Satellites: The Soviet Union sent up the world's first satellite in 1957. This begin the Space Age. Satellites have helped scientists study the earth. Much of our knowledge of the world has come from the information recorded by satellites.
Internet: When the Internet was created in 1969. only a few people knew about it. But more than 650 million people in the world use it now. The Internet has made information about anything easy to get.
The top Inventions Movable Type Telephone Airplane Satellites Internet
/ The Soviet Union /
In 1903 in 1957 in 1969
making the 80. in formation
farway easy to
places information get
closer recordedly
78. China /
When 79. in 1876
How Books printed
Cheaply and
Easily anything The world
61~66 DBCDBC 67~69 BAD 70~73 DDAC
74. don&t think 75. Although (Though), stop / prevent/ keep
76. Unless, will 77. The Inventions Make the World Smaller
78. Where/ The country/ The countries/ The Places
79. in the 11th century 80. helping the scientists study the earth
(湖北省黄冈市麻城市祠堂铺中学2011年春英语中考模拟试题)
三、阅读理解(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)
阅读下面短文,从每题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项。
One Sunday morning, I decided to buy a computer to use for school. I went to the biggest store in town, which sold all kinds of computers. There were so many computers there that I didn&t know how to choose a right one.
&Hi! What can I do for you?& A young man greeted me with a sweet smile. He looked like not a salesman but a student like me. I sensed a strange feeling&as if I had met him before. He began patiently showing me each model. With his help, I decided to buy one computer with enough functions at a very low price. I enjoyed this shopping experience because of his smile. A few months later, something was wrong with my computer. I went back to the store to have it fixed. When I arrived there, what I saw first was still his smile. As soon as I told him my problem, he comforted me immediately and tried his best to solve the problem for me. I was quite grateful to him for his sweet smile and good service.
When I went back to school, his smile often appeared in my mind. I don&t know whether we&ll meet each other again, but his sweet smile will stay there in my memory and deep in my heart. Smiling is the most peaceful language in the daily life.
31. After reading the story, we can know that the writer is a _________.
A. student B. salesman C. doctor D. reporter
32. According to the passage, why was the writer grateful to this salesman?
A. Because the salesman recommended the cheapest computer.
B. Because the salesman gave the writer his sweet smile and good service.
C. Because the salesman recommended the computer with enough functions.
D. Because the salesman showed the writer how to use the computer correctly.
33. What does the writer mainly want to tell us in the story?
A. The way to choose a right computer.
B. The way to use a computer correctly.
C. The importance of smiling in the daily life.
D. The importance of computers in the daily life.
How do you get across a river? A bridge is the best way. In some places, there are no bridges. People use the ferry(渡船). A ferry is a boat that takes people and cars across the river.
Both ends of a ferry look the same. The ferry never has to turn around. It docks(靠岸)at one side of the river. People and cars get on. At the other side, the ferry docks again. The people and cars get off. Other cars and people get on. And then the ferry goes back across the river.
In many places, bridges are now taking the place of ferries. In 1964, the longest bridge in the world was built in New York over Now York Bay(湾). It is called the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge. This bridge has two roads, one over the other. Each road is wide enough for six lanes(行道)of traffic.
34. ______ is the best way for people to go across the river.
A. The bridge B. The car C. The ferry D. The bus
35. We can infer that ______ according to the passage.
A. the shortest bridge in the world was built in New York
B. it may be faster to cross rivers on bridges than on ferries
C. there is a bridge over every river in the United States
D. we don&t need ferries any more
36. The main idea of the passage is that _____.
A. the bridge is taking the place of the ferry
B. the ferry is better than the long bridge
C. the bridge in New York has a very long name[
D. there is no ferry in the world
37. _______ can cross rivers by ferry.
A. Only people B. Both cars and people C. Only cars D. Neither people nor cars
Spiderman is one of the most famous comic book heroes of all time. He was created by Stan Lee in 1963 and was first introduced to the world in the pages of Marvel comic books.
Spiderman&s story is the story of Peter Parker, a child who lost his parents and lives with his aunt and uncle. Peter is a shy, quiet boy wearing glasses and has few friends. One day, on a high school class trip to a science lab, he gets bitten by a special spider. Soon Peter realizes he has amazing powers: he is as strong and quick as a spider and also has a type of sixth sense. He no longer needs his glasses and he can use his super power to fly through the city streets! Remembering something his Uncle Ben has told him, that &with great power, there must also come great responsibility(责任),& Peter decides to use his powers to fight enemies who do cruel things to people. And so, Spiderman is born.
精品学习网中考频道微信 公众平台 :二维码扫一扫 热点资讯全知道微信账号:zk51edu
QQ群:关注精品学习网初中生频道新浪微博
@精品中考生频道
频道相关推荐
【中考知识点:||||||】
精品学习网()在建设过程中引用了互联网上的一些信息资源并对有明确来源的信息注明了出处,版权归原作者及原网站所有,如果您对本站信息资源版权的归属问题存有异议,请您致信(将#换成@),我们会立即做出答复并及时解决。如果您认为本站有侵犯您权益的行为,请通知我们,我们一定根据实际情况及时处理。
初中生学习资料库
英语试卷最新更新
学习在线查询工具

我要回帖

更多关于 考研各科分数线和总分 的文章

随机推荐