定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩1页未读,继续阅读
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:湖南省长沙市2010届高三下学期模拟测试卷英语(B
题型:阅读理解
PART THREE READING COMPREHENSIONDirections: Read the following three passages. Each passage is followed by several questions or un&finished statements. For each of them there are 4 choices marked with A, S, C and D, Choose the one that fits best according to the information given in the passage.AMatt Scott, who was born with spina bifida (脊柱裂),grew up in Detroit, Michigan, where he participated in a variety of sports alongside his healthy friends. Now as a member of University of Wis&consin -Whitewater wheelchair basketball team, Scott has won four national championships, and hats' recently been selected to the Paralympic team for the second time. The 23 ― year 一 old college senior owes his achievements to his hard work and the support of his friends and family, who never allowed him to use his disability as an excuse. "My mother was always great. Whenever I felt giving up, she had no sympathy. She really helped me build my independence by not babying me the way other mothers would have," Scott says.It was Scott' s independent nature and strong will, along with his on - the - court skills, that at&tracted the attention of America's most influential sports apparel (衣服)company, Nike. Nike was searching for an athlete with a disability to represent its "Just Do It " trademark. A handful of super&star athletes with disabilities came to audition for the role, but the company picked Scott to star in the 30 一 second commercial."I think that they were looking for the prettiest face in America, and found me," Scott jokes about the selection process.After being picked, Scott flew to California to film the commercial with Oscar - winning docu&mentary director Errol Morris. The ad gave Scott celebrity (名人)status in the community of disabled athletes. He's been asked to speak at a number of disability - related events, and feels it's his duty to use the media to draw attention to those with disabilities. "I've been given a voice, and I want to do whatever I can to break down the social barriers that are still faced by disabled athletes, and make people realize that they have a very high athletic level," Scott says.56.When Scott was young, & ?A.he only played basketball with other disabled childrenB.he became disabled during a basketball matchC.his friends looked down upon him during basketball matchesD.his mother didn't give him special treatment57.Nike chose Scott to star in its commercial for his&& ________.a. pretty appearance&&&&&& b. independent naturec. strong will& d. excellent basketball skillse. status in the community of disabled athletesA. bee&&&& B. ade&&&& C. abd&&&& D. bed58.The underlined phrase "audition for " in the second paragraph means " ".A. try out for& B. look out for&&&&&&& C. take on&&&&& D. pick out59.Which of the following about Scott is TRUE?A.He has graduated from the University of Wisconsin ― Whitewater.B.He thinks it's unwise for the disabled to use disability as an excuse.C.He starred in a commercial together with Errol Morris.D.He thinks it's important to have many goals.60.To Scott, the most important result of the ad was that&&& .A.it made people realize the athletic talent of the disabledB.it gave him a chance to show his basketball skillsC.he could do more for disabled athletesD.he was selected to the Paralympic team again
来源:湖南省长沙市2010届高三下学期模拟测试卷英语(B
PART THREE READING COMPREHENSION
Directions: Read the following three
passages. Each passage is followed by several questions or un&finished
statements. For each of them there are 4 choices marked with A, S, C and D,
Choose the one that fits best according to the information given in the
passage.
Matt Scott, who was born with spina bifida
(脊柱裂),grew up in Detroit, Michigan,
where he participated in a variety of sports alongside his healthy friends. Now
as a member of University of Wis&consin -Whitewater wheelchair basketball team,
Scott has won four national championships, and hats' recently been selected to
the Paralympic team for the second time. The 23 ― year 一 old college senior owes his
achievements to his hard work and the support of his friends and family, who
never allowed him to use his disability as an excuse. &My mother was
always great. Whenever I felt giving up, she had no sympathy. She really helped
me build my independence by not babying me the way other mothers would
have,& Scott says.
It was Scott' s independent nature and
strong will, along with his on - the - court skills, that at&tracted the
attention of America's most influential sports apparel (衣服)company, Nike. Nike was
searching for an athlete with a disability to represent its &Just Do It
& trademark. A handful of super&star athletes with disabilities came to
audition for the role, but the company picked Scott to star in the 30 一 second commercial.
&I think that they were looking for
the prettiest face in America, and found me,& Scott jokes about the
selection process.
After being picked, Scott flew to
California to film the commercial with Oscar - winning docu&mentary director
Errol Morris. The ad gave Scott celebrity (名人)status in the community of disabled athletes.
He's been asked to speak at a number of disability - related events, and feels
it's his duty to use the media to draw attention to those with disabilities.
&I've been given a voice, and I want to do whatever I can to break down
the social barriers that are still faced by disabled athletes, and make people realize
that they have a very high athletic level,& Scott says.
56.When Scott was young, & ?
A.he only played basketball with other
disabled children
B.he became disabled during a basketball
match
C.his friends looked down upon him during
basketball matches
D.his mother didn't give him special
treatment
57.Nike chose Scott to star in its
commercial for his&& ________.
a. pretty
appearance&&&&&& b. independent nature
c. strong will& d. excellent
basketball skills
e. status in the community of disabled
athletes
A. bee&&&& B.
ade&&&& C. abd&&&& D. bed
58.The underlined phrase &audition for
& in the second paragraph means & &.
A. try out for& B. look out
for&&&&&&& C. take
on&&&&& D. pick out
59.Which of the following about Scott is
TRUE?
A.He has graduated from the University of
Wisconsin ― Whitewater.
B.He thinks it's unwise for the disabled to
use disability as an excuse.
C.He starred in a commercial together with
Errol Morris.
D.He thinks it's important to have many
goals.
60.To Scott, the most important result of the
ad was that&&& .
A.it made people realize the athletic
talent of the disabled
B.it gave him a chance to show his
basketball skills
C.he could do more for disabled athletes
D.he was selected to the Paralympic team
again
第二部分& 阅读理解 (共两节,满分45分)&
第一节&(共20小题;每小题2分,满分40分)&
&阅读下列短文 , 从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&
Matt Scott, who was born with spina bifida (脊柱裂),grew up in Detroit, Michigan, where he participated in a variety of sports alongside his healthy friends. Now as a member of University of Wis??consin -Whitewater wheelchair basketball team, Scott has won four national championships, and has recently been selected to the Paralympic team for the second time. The 23- year--old college senior owes his achievements to his hard work and the support of his friends and family, who never allowed him to use his disability as an excuse. &My mother was always great. Whenever I felt giving up, she had no sympathy. She really helped me build my independence by not babying me the way other mothers would have.& Scott says.
It was Scott' s independent nature and strong will, along with his on - the - court skills, that at??tracted the attention of America's most influential sports apparel (衣服)company, Nike. Nike was searching for an athlete with a disability to represent its &Just Do It & trademark. A handful of super??star athletes with disabilities came to audition for the role, but the company picked Scott to star in the 30--second commercial.
&I think that they were looking for the prettiest face in America, and found me,& Scott jokes about the selection process.
After being picked, Scott flew to California to film the commercial with Oscar - winning docu??mentary director Errol Morris. The ad gave Scott celebrity (名人)status in the community of disabled athletes. He's been asked to speak at a number of disability - related events, and feels it's his duty to use the media to draw attention to those with disabilities. &I've been given a voice, and I want to do whatever I can to break down the social barriers that are still faced by disabled athletes, and make people realize that they have a very high athletic level,& Scott says.
1.When Scott was young, &&&
A.he only played basketball with other disabled children
B.he became disabled during a basketball match
C.his friends looked down upon him during basketball matches
D.his mother didn't give him special treatment
2.Nike chose Scott to star in its commercial for his&&&& .
a. pretty appearance&&&&&& b. independent nature
c. strong will& d. excellent basketball skills
e. status in the community of disabled athletes
A. b c e&& B. a d e&& C. a b d&& D. b c d
3.The underlined phrase &audition for & in the second paragraph means &&& &.
A. try out for& B. look out for&&&&&&& C. take on&&&&& D. pick out
4.Which of the following about Scott is TRUE?
A.He has graduated from the University of Wisconsin ― Whitewater.
B.He thinks it's unwise for the disabled to use disability as an excuse.
C.He starred in a commercial together with Errol Morris.
D.He thinks it's important to have many goals.
第二部分& 阅读理解 (共两节,满分45分)&
第一节&(共20小题;每小题2分,满分40分)&
&阅读下列短文 , 从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Matt Scott, who was born with spina bifida (脊柱裂),grew up in Detroit, Michigan, where he participated in a variety of sports alongside his healthy friends. Now as a member of University of Wis??consin -Whitewater wheelchair basketball team, Scott has won four national championships, and has recently been selected to the Paralympic team for the second time. The 23-year--old college senior owes his achievements to his hard work and the support of his friends and family, who never allowed him to use his disability as an excuse. &My mother was always great. Whenever I felt giving up, she had no sympathy. She really helped me build my independence by not babying me the way other mothers would have.& Scott says.
It was Scott' s independent nature and strong will, along with his on - the - court skills, that at??tracted the attention of America's most influential sports apparel (衣服)company, Nike. Nike was searching for an athlete with a disability to represent its &Just Do It & trademark. A handful of super??star athletes with disabilities came to audition for the role, but the company picked Scott to star in the 30--second commercial.
&I think that they were looking for the prettiest face in America, and found me,& Scott jokes about the selection process.
After being picked, Scott flew to California to film the commercial with Oscar - winning docu??mentary director Errol Morris. The ad gave Scott celebrity (名人)status in the community of disabled athletes. He's been asked to speak at a number of disability - related events, and feels it's his duty to use the media to draw attention to those with disabilities. &I've been given a voice, and I want to do whatever I can to break down the social barriers that are still faced by disabled athletes, and make people realize that they have a very high athletic level,& Scott says.
1.When Scott was young, _________________
he only played basketball with other disabled children
he became disabled during a basketball match
his friends looked down upon him during basketball matches
his mother didn't give him special treatment
2.Nike chose Scott to star in its commercial for his_____________&&&&& .
a. pretty appearance&&&&&& b. independent nature
c. strong will&&& d. excellent basketball skills
e. status in the community of disabled athletes
A. b c e&&&& B. a d e&&&& C. a b d&&&& D. b c d
3.The underlined phrase &audition for & in the second paragraph means &___________&.
A. try out for&&& &&&& B. look out for&&&&&&& C. take on&&&&&&& && D. pick out
4.Which of the following about Scott is TRUE?
He has graduated from the University of Wisconsin ― Whitewater.
He thinks it's unwise for the disabled to use disability as an excuse.
He starred in a commercial together with Errol Morris.
He thinks it's important to have many goals.
来源:同步题
阅读理解&&&& Stubbornness can push an entrepreneur (企业家) to hold on but it can also kill a business if it gets too extreme.&&&& Because I'm stubborn, I realized my dream of creating a petfood company. Our foods include organic fruits, vegetables and meats. At first we packaged our foods in transparent bags, as it was part of our guiding philosophy.&&&& To start the company in 2003, I visited every petfood store in Manhattan and some outside the city. In 2007 I moved the company to Muskego, Wis., and our earnings were almost $500,000 that year. But getting my products into stores was just the beginning. We were competing against much bigger petfood companies whose monthly marketing budgets were more than our yearly sales. So we invested in advertising and a website.&&&& With more customers came more feedback, much of which I dismissed. I was also receiving complaints about ice crystals (晶体) on the food, which form when the air temperature changes during transport. For this reason, most frozen foods are packaged in opaque (不透明的) bags or boxes. Studies have proved that ice crystals have little, if any, effect on either the quality or the taste of the food. So I ignored the complaints. After all, I told myself, we were better than competitors that wouldn't even show their products. We didn't hide anything.&&&& In 2007 our sales kept growing, but not as fast as those of our competitors. We were told that new consumers were choosing products packaged in opaque bags. When I visited the stores and forced myself to consider my products objectively, I had to agree:The ice crystals destroyed the look I wanted.We switched to opaque bags and tried to make the ice crystals smaller. Customers responded:In 2009 our products were sold in 2,500 stores across the country.1. What was the author's purpose of packaging their foods in transparent bags at first?A. To make their foods look attractive.B. To show their guiding philosophy to consumers.C. To make sure that their foods could be seen clearly.D. To show that their foods were environmentally friendly.2. Why did the author invest in advertising and a website?A. Because few people knew about their products.B. Because his company faced great challenges.C. Because he wanted to move his company to Muskego.D. Because his company was about to close down.3. According to the passage, ice crystals ________.A. only appear in frozen foodsB. may make pets feel uncomfortableC. won't form if pet food is transported wellD. have little effect on the quality of pet food4. The author's company switched to opaque bags because ________.A. consumers disliked seeing ice crystalsB. opaque bags helped reduce ice crystalsC. foods in opaque bags are easy to keep freshD. opaque bags are cheaper than transparent ones5. This passage was written mainly to show that ________.A. people shouldn't let stubbornness stop them from taking adviceB. stubbornness can make people succeed or failC. the road leading to success is full of difficultiesD. stubbornness always leads to failure
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!I cannot but admire his wise plan. 的翻译是:我真的是很佩服他的英明计划。 I am not so violently bent upon my own opinion as to reject any offer proposed by wise men. 的翻译是:我可没有这样热衷于自己的观点,用暴力来拒绝任何提供建议的智者。 I will no longer endure it, though yet I know no wise remedy to avoid it. 的翻译是:我将不再忍受下来,虽然还没有我知道的不明智地补救,避免此类问题发生。 If you are wise you will show it to the world more than you do before it fades. 的翻译是:如果您将显示您是明智的,它比你在这世界上消失。 A single word uttered by a wise man can decide a legal case. 的翻译是:一个个说出来的话,一个明智的人可以决定一个法律案例。 Don't get wise with me, young man! 的翻译是:不聪明的我,年轻男子! This wise decision enabled him to make a sequel to Star Wars. 的翻译是:这一明智决定启用一个续集,也让他对星球大战。 Life is a festival only to the wise. 的翻译是:只说是一种庆典生活的明智。 Many receive advice, only the wise profit by it. 的翻译是:很多收到咨询意见,只有明智的利润。 The wise jobseeker explores the place the day before. 的翻译是:明智的求职者探讨了前一天的地方。 It was wise of you to refuse his offer. 的翻译是:它是明智的您可以拒绝他的提议。 It isn't wise to be too clever. Sometimes you overreach yourself. 的翻译是:它是明智的办法是不太聪明。 有时你自己好高骛远。 Indeed, the wise horse prefers the bad rider. 的翻译是:事实上,聪明的马喜欢坏搭顺风车。 It's wise to register letters containing banknotes. 的翻译是:其实,明智的做法应当登记信件载有钞票。 Lord Melbourne replied with a very wise letter. 的翻译是:耶和华回答说,墨尔本信的十分明智。 It is wise to exercise caution in crossing the street. 的翻译是:这是明智的,必须小心,过街了。 A fool may give a wise man counsel. 的翻译是:一个傻瓜可能给律师一个聪明的人。 a witty and wise conversation 的翻译是:一个机智和智慧对话 A wise man ought always to follow the paths beaten by great men. 的翻译是:一个明智的人应该永远伟大的人殴打的路径遵循。 He will in no wise give up any chances to get a better job. 的翻译是:他不放弃任何机会,为获得较好的作业。
Google Ads
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Google Ads
Copyright (C) 2005 - . All Rights Reserved.您的举报已经提交成功,我们将尽快处理,谢谢!
美国孩之宝公司:HASBRO INC US
Hasbro,在中文里正式的名称是:孩之宝。
Hasbro最初的名称是Hassenfeld Brothers...
我觉得是有好处的!
如果能和老外当面交流固然很好,但是生活中确实很少有这种机会。
其实和老外在网上聊天也可以学到比较地道的英语,因为一般老外聊天都比较轻松,...
这个很重要 不但可以记住单词还可以培养语感
大家还关注

我要回帖

更多关于 makehimcuckold合集 的文章

随机推荐