she ( )her pen on the first floorloor

介绍朋友的英语作文 不少于6句话初一水平_百度知道铅山三中七年级上册英语期中考试试卷(包准,我明天就要考试了,快!!!!!!_百度知道题号:4494297题型:阅读理解难度:一般引用次数:5更新时间:16/10/11
Our voice gives away a lot of information about ourselves. It can tell us our gender(性别)and age. And now, scientists say that it can also tell us our height. Scientists at Washington University, Indiana University and University of California found that listeners could accurately tell the height of speakers, just by their voices. And the key to this mystery is a sound known as the subglottal resonance(声门下共振). It deepens with height and helps us build a mental picture of a person. “The best way to think about subglottal resonances is to imagine blowing into a glass bottle with water. The less water in the bottle, the lower sound,” said John Morton, a scientist at Washington University. And it’s the same for humans. The frequency of the subglottal resonance depends on the height. The taller we are, the deeper the resonance frequency is. In order to find out whether people could identify the resonance, scientists did experiments. A number of same-sex pairs of different heights were told to read the same sentence aloud. It was played back to listeners who had to choose which one of the pairs was taller. Then, other listeners had to rank the speakers from the shortest to the tallest. The listeners were able to identify the tall people 62.17% of time, much higher than a lucky guess. Why not try the experiment yourself? Find out if your tall friends have deeper voices. 【小题1】 The scientists in some American universities found that people’s voices ________. A.change more quickly as they get older&&B.can tell the height of the speakerC.sound different when they have water in their mouth D.can tell the speaker’s gender, age and weight【小题2】 The underlined word deepens might mean ________ in Chinese. A.变得刺耳B.变得高亢C.变得低沉D.变得甜美【小题3】 According to the study, taller people usually have a ________ voice. A.deeperB.louderC.lowerD.higher【小题4】 Which of the following is TRUE?A.Our voice is made up of the subglottal resonance.B.The people tested in the experiments were of different-sex pairs. C.A person’s voice is greatly different even when reading the same sentence. D.Listeners’ ability to identify taller speaker is much higher than a lucky guess.【小题5】 The best title of the passage might be ________. A.How to Be Taller&B.Our Voice Tells Our Height C.An Experience about Voice&D.Something about Subglottal Resonance
【知识点】
相关试题推荐
Dear Sir,Thirty years ago, I walked into your bakery(面包房) and asked for some loaves(块)of bread to sell. At that time I was twelve years old. A young lady was working that day. She gave me five loaves and wished me good luck.I took the loaves and went out to sell them. It took me all day, but I sold them all. At the end of the day, I had some money. I was the happiest boy in the world as I walked home that evening.The next day, I went to a bicycle shop. I paid a deposit(定金)on a new bicycle. And then I started my next job—as a newspaper deliver(递送)boy. Soon I could pay the rest of the money for the bicycle and the bike was mine. I was so proud!Today, I still work in the delivery business. I have a lot of trucks to send goods(货物)all over the country. I live in a beautiful house, but I don’t ride a bicycle these days. I drive a large and nice car.I do not know who that young lady was. But because she gave me the start, I have become a successful man. I’d like to show my thanks to her.Yours,George Jenkins【小题1】 George Jenkins is ________years old now.A.30B.12C.42D.We don’t know【小题2】Thirty years ago, the man went to a bakery and ________.A.asked a young lady for some bread to sellB.asked a young man for some bread to sellC.asked a young lady for some bread to eatD.asked a young lady for some money to buy a bicycle【小题3】 What did the man do with the money made by selling bread?A.He went home to give it to his parents.B.He bought some newspapers to read.C.He paid the money as a deposit on a new bicycle.D.He bought some more bread.【小题4】 What’s the man’s job now?A. He still delivers newspapers by bicycle.B. He has become a successful man.C. He delivers goods all over the country by truck.D. Both B and C.
English book Animal Farm (1945) tells a story about farm animals. They are fed up with (受够了) Mr Jones, the farmer. He treats them badly, so they decide to kick him off the farm and run the farm themselves.One day an old pig called Old Major gathers the animals around him. He tells them that all animals should stand together. He says they should take over the farm. They say that all animals are equal.After they get rid of (摆脱) Mr Jones, two pigs become the leaders of Animal Farm. One pig called Snowball is a great speaker. He has big ideas for Animal Farm. The other leader is a pig called Napoleon. Napoleon is a crafty (狡猾的) animal. He brings together supporters by offering them advantages.Napoleon makes a war against Snowball and kicks him away from the farm. He turns Snowball into a big enemy. He says that Snowball is working with Farmer Jones and other farmers to do harm to Animal Farm.But as it turns out it is Napoleon who is working with the enemies of the animals. He joins up with the old human enemies of the animals. But he tells the animals that he is working for them. At the same time the animals work hard. It seems that it is as bad to live under Napoleon as it was under Farmer Jones!Why is the story so important?Animal Farm is an excellent choice for learners of English because it’s very short. The language is also simple.Like many famous stories Animal Farm is not just a book. It was played on the BBC radio in 1947. The big modern way of telling stories is in movies of course. Orwell’s book has become a film twice. Perhaps it won’t surprise you that the first one (1954) was a cartoon. In 1984 another film was made. This was a live-action (真人版的) film. The famous book has also been put on in the theater. In 1984 a play was made and it toured a number of British cities.【小题1】Which is the right order of what happened in the story?a. Napoleon turns snowball into a big enemy. b. Animals are tired of Mr Jones. c. Snowball becomes one of the leaders. d. Napoleon kicks snowball off the farm. e. Animals get rid of Mr Jones.A.e a b c dB.a e b d cC.b e c a dD.b e a c d【小题2】 Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?&&&A.George Orwell is the writer of the book Animal Farm. B.All the learners of English should read this book. C.The book became a film in 1947. D.Snowball and Napoleon lead the farm in the end.【小题3】What do you think of Napoleon according to the passage?A.Friendly and kind.B.Polite and helpful. C.Popular and honestD.Dishonest and unkind【小题4】The purpose of the passage is ______________________. A.to make an advertisement for a new book&&&&&B.to introduce us a famous novelC.to show a world of animal&D.to attract us to watch a film
While it is common for restaurant owners to connect with their customers, a restaurant owner in the U.S. is taking it to a whole new level. Tim Harries gives out free hugs(拥抱)to every customer at the end of each meal. The atmosphere(气氛)at his restaurant “Tim’s Place” is so positive(积极的)that customers often call it the "World’s friendliest restaurant”. "Tim’s Hug” is in fact an item on the menu described as a "love” treat. Tim’s hugs are doubly special because of everything he has achieved. The 26-year-old is probably the only Down syndrome sufferer(唐氏综合症患者)in the U.S. to own a restaurant,but he has several other things to be proud of-- he's a skillful special Olympian, an excellent sailor, and all experienced fisherman. He was also chosen as Homecoming King and Student of the Year in high school! So when a man like Tim hugs you,it is sure to be a special and unforgettable experience When Tim expressed interest in opening a restaurant,Keith,a small businessman himself, supported him. Tim hired other people to manage the place and do the cooking, and he introduced the idea of free hugs. He realized that people want to feel at home at a restaurant. That is why he included "love” as all item on the menu. Customers can order the free hug from Tim,and even if they don't, he'll probably hug them anyway.The restaurant has been around since 2010,and Tim has given out over 19,000 hugs in the past five years -- he keeps count using a special Hug Counter.Many customers love visiting "Tim's Place". "I've been coming here once a week." said Michelle Garth-Jones, a regular customer. "I love local restaurants, and this special one has a story that stays with you."【小题1】Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?A.Customers prefer to feel relaxed at a restaurant.B.Unless you order Tim's Hug, he will not hug you.C.As soon as you enter Tim's Place, you will get a warm hug.D.Michelle Garth-Jones loves listening to the story in the restaurant.【小题2】Which of the following words can best describe Time Harris?A.HumorousB.CreativeC.SeriousD.Curious【小题3】What may be the best title for this passage?A.Tim's AchievementsB.A Special ExperienceC.A Down Syndrome SuffererD.The World's Friendliest Restaurant
暂时无评论
It is believed that travelling to the Great Wall in &&&&&&&&&&October is &&&&&&&&&&special experience. A. aB. theC./; aD.a; /
热门知识点英语,帮帮啊_百度知道6a7_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
上传于||暂无简介
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用0下载券
想免费下载更多文档?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩10页未读,继续阅读
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢

我要回帖