--Haven't seen you forthrough the agess!where have you been? ---I____ in xinjiang for one year, volunte

Debbie! I can’t believe it! I haven’t seen you for ages. ……补全对话及答案(2009年高考全国卷II英语试题)_英语阅读理解_【考试材料网】
&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&
最新公告:
&&&&&&&&&&&&
您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文
Debbie! I can’t believe it! I haven’t seen you for ages. ……补全对话及答案(2009年高考全国卷II英语试题)
编辑: 来源:互联网 标签:英语阅读理解 点击数: &&&&&&&&&&★★★★
Debbie! I can’t believe it! I haven’t seen you for ages. ……补全对话及答案(2009年高考全国卷II英语试题)第二节 根据对话内容,从对话后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。选项中有两项为多余选项。
― Debbie! I can’t believe it! I haven’t seen you for ages.
― Dorothy! It’s really a nice surprise! &&61&
― Pretty good.
―&&&&&&&&& &&62&
―&&&&&&&&& I wish I could, but I’m on my way out. I have to be in the city in an hour.
―&&&&&&&&& &&63&
―&&&&&&&&& There’s a lot of traffic and I really have to get going. You know where I live C why don’t you drop in one evening?
―&&&&&&&&& I’ll do that. &&64& &Let’s keep in touch.
―&&&&&&&&& I’d really like to. I’ll talk to you soon, Debbie. I’m glad I ran into you.
―&&&&&&&&& &&65& &
A. Take care.
B. How are you?
C. Where have you been?
D. Can you join me?
E. Come on, just for a minute.
F. And you should feel free to call or visit me.
G. It’s been a whole year since we saw each other last time.
61.B&& 62.D&& 63.E&& 64.F&& 65.A
更多关注:
【】【】【】
上一篇文章: 下一篇文章:
[][][][][][][][][][]
英语阅读推荐
&[]&[]&[]&[]&[]&[]&[]&[]&[]&[]
英语阅读热门
&[]&[]&[]&[]&[]&[]&[]&[]&[]&[]
&&&&&&&&&&
【】【】【】【】【】【】【】
考试集:考试资讯,考试时间,考试试题,学习方法大全更多最新考试知识网站备案号:粤ICP备号网站站长:zx982015高考英语单选题解题技巧 - 考生经验 - 评校网
您现在的位置是: >
分享到微信朋友圈
2015高考英语单选题解题技巧
来源:京江晚报
责任编辑:独孤飘雪
[摘要]单项选择题是继听力题后考查学生语言水平的第一项大题,单选题的成败关系到考生整场考试的心理状态和水平的发挥。现分享2015高考英语单选题解题技巧,供考生参考复习。单选题考查覆盖面通常较广,涉及动词及动词短语、时态语态、从句、非谓语动词、倒装、主谓一致、交际用语等,语境灵活,题干新颖,迷惑性较大,不少学生反映并不容易做。那么如何在单选题中拿高分呢?笔者分别以刚刚结束的二模英语考试、一模考试和2014年江苏英语高考单选题为例,谈一谈单选题的解题技巧。转换法(二模,25) Look, ____beautiful flowers ____ the girl carrying that she becomes the focus in the room.A.such;is B.so;are C.how;is D.what;are正确答案为A。此题是一个such在句首的结果状语从句的倒装现象,第二空考查了主谓一致。乍一看,这道题有点无从下手。我们可以将倒装句转换成正常的语序来降低句子难度,即The girl ____ carrying beautiful flowers that she becomes the focus in the room.如此一来,不难看出选A。The girl is carrying such beautiful folwers that she becomes the focus in the room.这个女孩捧着如此美丽的花以至于她成为了房间里瞩目的焦点。(一模,21)-Kim,give me your report by 10am. - ____ have you been in charge of this project?A.Since when B.By whom C.For what D.From where正确答案为A。此题答句是一个时间状语前置的疑问句,可将其改为肯定句,即You have been in charge of this project ____.根据语境,应该选since when,意思为“从何时起你负责这个项目?”删除法(二模,22)-Why are you so familiar with my close friend Nipple?-Yeah,I happen,believe it or not,____ him in a packed trip.A. to meet B.to be meeting C.to have met D.to be met正确答案为C。将believe it or not删除,使句子简化,即I happen ____him in a packed trip.因为说话人遇见Nipple 是在happen to (碰巧)之前,所以用to have met。(一模,35)____ in running for head of the department,which most colleagues had not expected,made her parents very upset.A.Lucy was defeated B.Lucy being defeatedC.Lucy's been defeated D.Lucy's being defeated正确答案为D。题目中的非限制性定语从句起到补充说明的作用,可以先行删去使句子简化。句子的主干则变为____ in running for head of the department make her parents very upset.通过句子成分分析可知横线中的成分充当句子的主语,选择D,动名词的复合结构做句子主语。B项应该排除,因为动名词的复合结构做主语时,只能用名词的所有格,不能用普通格。代入法(二模,21)This course is based on a project,one of ____ aims is to improve the students' comprehensive ability in English.A.whose B.which C.its D.what正确答案为A。此题是考查的非限制性定语从句,先行词为project,可将project 代入定语从句中分析,即one of the project aims is to……不难发现,划线处应为the project's,原题中的划线处成分充当aims 的定语,所以选A。此题的难度不大,关键是考生在做题时要认真细致。如果审题不清,遗漏了“one of ____ aims is to improve”中的“is”,错误地看成了“aims to improve”,就容易误选成which了。结合语境法(二模,26)-Haven't seen you for ages!Where have you been?-I ____ in Xinjiang for one year,volunteering services as a doctor.A. have stayed B.stay C.stayed D.am staying正确答案为C。由第一句话可知,答语中的人已经回来了,即已经不在新疆了。所以他曾经在新疆呆过一年,这个是过去发生事情,现在已经不在新疆了。由此可得出C。(2014江苏高考,23)-How much do you know about the Youth Olympic Games to be held in Nanjing?-Well,the med
&&相关新闻
猜你感兴趣
网友关注排行湖北省黄冈中学2015届高三上学期期中英语试题及答案_高考_3773考试网
| | | | | | | | |
&&-&&-&&-&&-&正文
湖北省黄冈中学2015届高三上学期期中英语试题及答案
湖北省黄冈中学2015届高三上学期期中考试英语试题
第一部分:听力(共两节,满分30分)做题时,先将答案划在试卷上。录音内容结束后,你将有两分钟的时间将试卷上的答案转涂在答题卡上。第一节(共5小题;每小题1.5分,满分7.5分)听下面五段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。1. What are the speakers mainly talking aboutA. Their study.&&& B. Their nationality&&& C. Their language ability.2. How much will the woman pay for the skirtA. $35.&&&&& B. $30.&&&& C. $20.3. Why does the boy make the phone callA. To get a book back.&&&&&& B. To borrow a book.&&&& C. To get a message.4. What is the woman trying to doA. Tell a story.&&& B. Report a game.&&&&&& C. Tell an accident.5. What do we know about the womanA. She wants to relax.&&&&& B. She is a footballer.&&& C. She loves movies.第二节(共15小题;每小题1.5分,满分22.5分)听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,各小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。听第6段材料,回答第6、7题。6. What is the man’s problemA. He lost a suitcase.&&& B. His keys are gone.&&&&& C. He broke his suitcase.7. What will the woman do nextA. Repair the suitcase.&&&& B. Get another lock.&&&&&& C. Check about the keys.听第7段材料,回答第8、9题。8. What do we know about the manA. He traveled a lot.&&& B. He is tired of his job.&&&& C. He was in Peru for years.9. How many countries has the man been toA. Nearly 25.&&&&& B. Nearly 60.&&&&&&&& C. Almost 65.听第8段材料,回答第10至12题。10. What is the relationship between the speakersA. Workmates.&&& B. Secretary and boss.&&&&& C. Secretary and customer.11. What do we know about Elaine StrongA. She is out.&&&&&&& B. She is busy.&&&&&&&& C. She is ill.12. What does the man want the woman to doA. Fix his fax machine.&&&& B. Fax him something.&&&&&&&& C. Ask Elaine to call back.听第9段材料,回答第13至16题。13. What can we learn from the conversationA. The woman loves cool summer.B. The man is British.C. It is rather cold in winter in Britain.14. What is true about the summer in Britain according to the conversationA. There’s always good sunshine.B. It snows sometimes.C. It can be cold most of the time.15. What do we know about clothes in BritainA. It’s not very easy to get good ones.B. They’re of good quality but expensive.C. They’re of good quality and cheap.16. What probably is the British people’s attitude towards dressingA. Many people like wearing casual clothes.B. Casual clothes are common in office.C. Men prefer suits in social situations.听第10段材料,回答第17至20题。17. Where does the conversation take placeA. At an airport waiting hall.B. At a coffee bar.C. On a plane.18. What do we know about the manA. He went to London during World War II.B. He has been to several European cities.C. He has flown a lot.19. How soon will the man get to LondonA. In six hours.&&& B. In four fours.&&&& C. In two hours.20. What can we learn about the manA. He was a teacher.B. He just retired from the Army.C. He has never traveled with his wife.第二部分:词汇知识运用(共两节,满分30分)第一节:多项选择(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。21. Shirley Temple is a former Hollywood child star, who began to enjoy great_________for the role she had played in films, when she was just 5 years old.A. performance& B. fame& C. devotion&& D. assistance22. With the night falling, the crowd gathering around the accident scene began to_________.A. break up& B. break downC. break out&& D.break away23. Despite the fact that Philip has been working hard, it is______ clear that he has no chance of passing his examination.A. absolutelyB. immediatelyC. confidentlyD. painfully24. Needles apparently stuck into the body of an 11-month-old baby by her abusive aunt were surgically(手术地) ______on Tuesday.A. moved&&&&& B. placed&&&&& C. replaced&&&& D. removed25. U.S. President Barack Obama on Wednesday paid honor to health care workers who have treated Ebola patients in West Africa, calling them “heroes”_________to be applauded rather than discouraged.A. reserving& B. deserving& C. observing&& D. preserving26. “Since China has good relations with both Pakistan and Afghanistan, China can encourage Islamabad to take essential steps for________ terrorism and extremism in the region,” the paper said in its editorial.A. coping&&&&&& B. containing&&&&&&& C. confirming&&&&& D. committing27. Now I need lots of time to __________ my thoughts thoroughly because I want to give them a confident report.A. make out& B. figure out C. leave out&& D. sort out湖北省黄冈中学2015届高三年级11月月考英语试题答案录& 音& 稿(Text 1)W: Can you speak FrenchM: Yes, of course. It’s my mother tongue. I can also speak English and Japanese. What aboutyouW: I can only speak Chinese.(Text 2)W: The skirt is great. But thirty-five pounds is too much. I’ll give you 20 pounds.M: No. It’s a bargain, I promise you. I suppose I can knock the five off.W: OK, I’ll take it.(Text 3)M: Hello! Could I speak to JeanW: I’m sorry she’s not in. This is her mother. Can I take a messageM: This is Tony, Jean’s classmate. Please tell her to bring the book she borrowed from me to school. I need to use it tomorrow.(Text 4)M: What exactly did you seeW: I was walking past the park towards the city centre when a cyclist passed me and then a car came round the corner from the right, there. I don’t know. I guess the driver didn’t see the cyclist…(Text 5)W: Well, thank goodness it’s Friday. It was a long week. We should do something together this weekend. Got any plans yetM: How about going to the park or seeing a new film maybeW: Can you get tickets for a game I haven’t been to a football game for ages.(Text 6)W: Can I help you, sir Would you like the porter to take your suitcase to your roomM: No, thank you. ⑹I’m afraid I can’t get my suitcase unlocked. I usually carry two keys but I can’t find either at the moment, so I wonder if you have one. It’s a standard lock, nothing special. I tried to break it but I couldn’t. I suppose I could just cut into the top of it as it is fairly soft material but then I’ll have ruined it.W: I’ll see what I can do for you, sir. I know we have some.⑺Just wait a few minutes and I’ll have a look.(Text 7)W: Well, hello, Mr. Brown. I haven’t seen you for weeks. Where have you been all this timeM: Oh, I’ve just been to Peru and worked there.W: You must really have been getting around. How many countries have you been toM: ⑼Nearly 60 countries now. I guess I’ m a real world traveler.W: Well, if you aren’t, I don’t know who is.M: Maybe someday I’ll settle down. I just can’t seem to stay in one place for very long.W: How many years have you been travelingM: I’ve been with the company for 25 years and traveling all the time.(Text 8)W: Hello, Ultimate Computers. May I help youM: Yes, this is Jack Kordell from Hunter’s Office Supplies. May I speak to Elaine Strong,pleaseW: I’m sorry, ⑾but she’s not in right now.M: OK, do you know when she’ll be backW: Uh, yes, she should be here later in this afternoon. May I take a messageM: Yes. ⑽Ms. Strong sent me a brochure detailing your newest line of laptop computers with a description of other software products, but there wasn’t any information about after-sales service.W: Oh, I’m sorry. ⑿Would you like me to fax that to youM: Yes, but our fax is being repaired at the moment. Umm... could you try sending that information to me laterW: Sure. Could I have your name, telephone number, and fax number, pleaseM: Yes. Jack Kordell and the phone number is 560-1287. And the fax number is 560-1288.W: All right, Mr. Kordell. I’ll be sure to send you the fax this afternoon.M: OK, bye.(Text 9)W: Oh, the one thing I don’t like about Britain is the weather.M: Well, I agree. I’ve lived in a number of countries around the world, and ⒀I always like to come home to Britain. But I don’t usually stay for long because I really enjoy the sunshine, and you just can’t be sure of getting the sunshine at all in Britain.W: Even in the summer.M: No, of course, sometimes we have a warm summer’s day, but ⒁ it can be really quite cold most of the time. I’d say the average temperature during the summer is about 18 or 19 degrees.W: Is it easy to get good clothes in BritainM: I would say yes. It’s quite easy because there’s the tradition of the cloth industry, especially in the Midlands and the North.W: ⒂So you can get good clothes but you have not to pay a lot for themM: That’s right.W: Do people dress formally in BritainM: In comparison with other countries, I’d say no, certainly not in social situations. But apart from the office, most men don’t wear suits, and many people come to dinner parties dressed very casually.(Text 10)W: Yes, Sir. You calledM: Yes, I wonder if you could bring me another bottle of beer.W: Certainly. Would you like anything elseM: Well,⒄my grandson is supposed to meet me in London at the airport. Do you think he’ll be able to find meW: I’m sure he will. You don’t have to worry about that. Are you going to be visiting himM: Yes. I’ve never seen my grandson.W: I think you’ll have a wonderful time in London. It’s beautiful, is this your first time abroadM: No, ⒅I saw quite a bit of Europe before, Rome, Berlin, Paris, places like that, but I’ve never been to London.W: Oh, ⒅then you have flown before too.M: No, that was during the Second World War and I went to Europe on a large ship carryingsoldiers.W: Things are quite different in Europe nowadays.M: I’m sure they are. I’m really interested to get there.W: Well, ⒄⒅it’s 4 o’clock now and we’ll be there at 6:00. Will you be staying longM: I plan to stay five weeks.⒇l was a teacher but I have stopped working. My wife has been dead and so I can go wherever I want.W: I think you’ll have a good time. I’ll go and get a beer for you.
&&点击下载完整版&&&&&
您可能喜欢的文章
上一个文章:
网站版权与免责声明
①由于各方面情况的不断调整与变化,本网所提供的相关信息请以权威部门公布的正式信息为准.
②本网转载的文/图等稿件出于非商业性目的,如转载稿涉及版权及个人隐私等问题,请在两周内邮件联系.
???????????????
???????????????中国最具影响力高考资源门户
最近更新: 1981 昨天: 3964 本周: 164062 总量:
今日:696套
总数:5174647套
会员数:131942位
当前位置:全国大联考
山东省济宁市金乡二中学年高一下学期期中考试 英语
资料类别: /
所属版本: 通用
所属地区: 山东
上传时间:
下载次数:1次
资料类型:期中考试
文档大小:125.50K
所属点数: 0.1点
【下载此资源需要登录并付出 0.1 点,】
资料概述与简介
金乡二中学年高一下学期期中检测
第一部分:听力 (共两节,满分30分)
第一节 (共5小题;每小题1.5分,满分7.5分)
听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项选出最佳选项,并涂在答题卡的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
1. When can the man see the headmaster?
A. At 9:30.
B. At 11:45.
C. At 12:40.
2. Why does the man want to keep the window shut?
A. He is ill.
B. He wants to open it himself.
C. The air inside is fresh enough.
3. What is Mike?
A. A teacher.
B. A student.
C. A writer.
4. What has made working at home possible?
A. Personal computers.
B. Communication industry.
C. Living far from companies.
5. Where is the woman?
A. In a soap factory.
B. In her house.
C. At an information desk.
第二节(共15小题;每小题1.5分,满分22.5分)
听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项选出最佳选项,并涂在答题卡的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读每个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,各小题给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。
听第六段材料,回答第6、7题。
6. Where does the conversation most probably take place?
A. At home.
B. On a bus.
C. In the bank.
7. Why do the two speakers want to buy a car?
A. They have a lot of money.
B. The man lives too far away from his office.
C. The womans office is too far away from her home.
听第七段材料,回答第8至10题。
8. Why wont Mr. Stone come to the clinic tomorrow?
A. He cant spare the time.
B. The clinic will be closed.
C. Dr. Milton wont come to work.
9. When is the clinic open in a week?
A. From Monday to Friday.
B. On weekdays except Thursday.
C. During the whole week.
10. What time has finally been fixed for Mr. Stone to come?
A. 5:30 p. m., Wednesday.
B. 6:15 p. m., Wednesday.
C. 6:15 p. m., Thursday.
听第八段材料,回答第11至13题。
11. Whats the relationship between the two speakers?
A. Neighbors.
B. Doctor and patient.
C. Friends.
12. When did the woman cough most seriously?
A. In the morning.
B. In the afternoon.
C. At night.
13. What did the man do for the woman?
A. He examined the woman carefully.
B. He gave her some medicine and some advice as well.
C. He just told her not to worry too much.
听第九段材料,回答第14至16题。
15. Where does the conversation most probably take place?
A. In a restaurant.
B. At the woman s home.
C. At the mans home.
16. What does the woman ask the man to do?
A. Have some soup.
B. Have more rice.
C. Bring his wife next time.
听第十段材料,回答第17至20题。
17. What did Nicholas do at eighteen months?
A. He began to learn French.
B. He read the newspaper.
C. He took telephone messages.
18. Why was Nicholas bored and unhappy at the two schools?
A. He had too much homework.
B. He almost couldnt learn anything special.
C. His teachers often corrected his spelling.
19. Who offered to help Nicholas finally?
A. His classmates.
B. His parents.
C. A college.
20. What is Nicholas life like now?
A. Busy without any social life.
B. Full but boring.
C. Busy at college and free at home.
第二部分:英语知识运用(共两节,满分45分)
第一节:单项选择(每小题1分,满分15分)
21. In 1778, Banks was elected ________president of the Royal Society, ________position he held for 42 years.
B. / , the
22. He didn’t attend the meeting last night, _________ he doesn’t know our plan for the picnic.
A. that’s why
B. that’s because
C. which is why
D. which is because
23. ---It is known to all that this factory pours lots of waste water into the Changjiang River every year.
---- _________ near my hometown.
A. So does it
B. So it is
C. So the one does
D. So does the one
24. His teacher told him that since his parents were working abroad, either his grandparents or one of his uncles ______ allowed to come to the parents’ meeting .
25. ________ the punishment was unjust , he would accept it without saying anything, because he knew it was the rule of the company.
A. As though
B. Even though
C. In case
D. Now that
26. --- Haven’t seen you for ages! Where have you been, anywhere ?
--- I _______ to New York City. I just got back.
A. have been sent
B. was sent
C. had been sending
D. would be sent
27. The reason why this kind of machine is popular with users is that it will work in ______ temperature.
A. official
B. extreme
D. natural
28. Last Sunday I went to visit the History Museum where I saw a pot _________ about 1,000 years before.
A. so it had been
B. so had it been
C. what it had been
D. as it had been
29. It was at the very beginning _______ Mr. Fox made the decision _____ we should send more fire-fighters there.
A. when, which
B. where, that
C. that, that
D. then, so
30. A new __________to teaching English, is being used here, and it has proven to be very helpful to the students.
C. approach
31. Electronic devices such as iPods and headphones can do great harm to our hearing if _______ improperly.
A. being used
C. to be used
D. having been used
32. The new road is __________ of the old one.
A. more than three times the length
B. three times more than the length
C. more than the length
D. more three times than the length
33. ---Shall I keep an eye on your house when you are on holiday?
---________.
A. It’s up to you
B. Of course you should
C. If you should like
D. I would appreciate that
34. He is no longer in good condition, and his ability to work is limited. I ____________ him to give up the job but failed.
A. suggested
B. persuaded
C. tried to persuade
D. managed
35. __________ the crisis of economy getting more and more serious, the government is searching for ways to improve people’s life.
第二节:完形填空(每小题1.5分,满分30分)
I recently heard a story about a famous scientist who had made several very important medical breakthroughs(突破). He was being interviewed by a reporter who asked him
he thought he was able to be so much more
than the average person.
He responded that it all came from a(n)
with his mother that occurred when he was about 2. He had been trying to
milk from the fridge when he
the slippery(光滑的) bottle, its contents running all over the kitchen floor.
When his mother came in,
shouting at him or giving him a lecture, she said, “Robert, what a great and wonderful
you have made! I have
seen such a huge pool of milk. Well, the damage has already been
. Would you like to get down and
in the milk for a few minutes before we clean it up?”
Indeed, he did. After a few minutes, his mother said, “Robert, whenever you make a mess like this, eventually you have to restore everything to its proper order. So, how would you like to do that? We could use a sponge(海绵), a towel or a mop. Which do you prefer?” He chose the sponge.
His mother then said, “ You know, what we have here is a
experiment in how to effectively carry a big milk bottle with two
hands. Let’s go out in the back yard and fill the bottle with water and see if you can
.” The little boy learned that if he
the bottle at the top near the lip with both hands, he could carry it without dropping it. What a wonderful
This scientist then said that it was at that moment that he knew he didn’t need to be
to make mistakes. Instead, he learned that mistakes were just
for learning something new, which is,
, what scientific experiments are all about. Even if the experiment “doesnt
,” we usually learn something
36. A. why
37. A. capable
C. creative
D. original
38. A. coincidence
B. experience
C. incident
D. conflict
39. A. carry
40. A. fell
C. escaped
D. dropped
41. A. rather than
B. instead of
C. other than D. in place of
42. A. picture
43. A. rarely
B. happily
C. frequently
D. angrily
44. A. got
B. suffered
D. received
45. A. jump
46. A. failed
B. successful
C. fantastic
D. painful
47. A. strong
48. A. get it
D. make it
49. A. controlled
B. possessed
C. occupied
D. grasped
50. A. example
B. teaching
D. instruction
51. A. anxious
B. nervous
C. fearful
52. A. situations
B. opportunities
C. occasions
53. A. after all
B. above all
C. first of all
55. A. worthy
C. valuable
D. interesting
阅读理解(共两节,满分40分)
第一节(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
Ben and his wife Susan were on their way to have dinner with their friends. It was a dark,windy night, and they did not know the way very well. They drove through a town until they found what they thought was the road to Dorling,where their friends lived. But it soon became clear that they were not on the road to Dorling at all. The road that they were on was getting narrower,and there were no other cars on it. The wind was blowing harder with every minute that passed.
They came to a small village .They drove past a church and then two houses without lights on. There was nobody about to tell them where they were,or where the road went. Just then,Ben saw a telephone box,twenty meters or so further on. While he walked back along the road to see if there was a name outside the church,Susan telephoned their friends and told them that they were still on their way.
Their friends were just saying that the dinner was already getting rather cold,when Ben came back to the telephone box,his head down against the wind. He said that there was a tree lying across the road,and that the telephone lines were down. Susan heard nothing more from their friends about the dinner.
56. Some time later Ben and Susan found they took a wrong road because ________.
A.their friends lived nearer than they drove
B.the road was getting narrower and their car alone was on it
C.the hard wind made them get lost
D.the road was not the same as before
57. Ben went to the church to see if there was a name outside because ________.
A.he was sure to find some people who knew Dorling
B.he hoped to get help from there
C.he wanted to telephone his friends where they were
D.he wanted to stay there for the night
58. Susan could hear nothing more from their friends because ________.
A.the telephone lines were broken by a tree
B.the strong wind made too much noise
C.they got angry
D.they had all left
59. From the passage we know ________.
A.Ben and his wife often went out for dinners
B.Ben and his wife lived in the country
C.both Ben and his wife were short-sighted(近视的)
D.Ben and his wife seldom(很少) went to Dorling
In Europe, many people make friends between their countries through town twinning. Town or city twinning means two towns in different countries agree and decide to become “twins” with a sister-city relationship.
The people find pen friends in the twin town. They exchange newspapers and stamps. The school teachers discuss teaching methods with the teachers in the twin town. Officials visit the twin town for celebrations. Ordinary people travel to the twin town, too, but not very often if it is far away.
Sometimes, schools even exchange their classes for two or three weeks! For example, German middle school students study for a while at the school in their twin town in Britain, staying with British families. A few months later, their British friends come to study in Germany.
Many British towns are so pleased with the results of the twinning that they set out to find more than one twin town!
Tonbridge, a small town in Kent, for example, has twin towns in both Germany
and France. Richmond near London has relationships with Germany, France and even a town in Balkan country!
Town twinning can help make friends. It helps students improve their language skills, and also helps people to understand the differences between nations.
60. Which is the best title for the passage?
A. Town Twinning
B. Friendly Towns
C. Exchange Teachers and Students
D. Peace and Understanding
61 Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the passage?
A. Twin towns exchange newspapers and stamps.
B. Twin towns exchange business skills.
C. Schools in twin towns exchange classes for a period of time.
D. Ordinary people travel to the twin towns.
62. Twin towns develop _____.
A. between European countries and China.
B. in the English-speaking countries only
C. in the same country
D. between different countries
63. One of the advantages of town twinning is to ________.
A. earn more money
B. set up schools
C.improve students’ language skills
D. develop industry and agriculture
It happened to me recently that I was telling someone how much I had enjoyed reading Barack Obama’s Dreams from My Father and how it had changed my views of the current US president.The person I was talking to agreed with me that it was,in his words,“a wonderfully written book”. However,he then proceeded to talk about Mr Obama in a way that suggested he had no idea of his background at all.I sensed that I was talking to a book liar.
And it seems that he is not the only one.Clearly two thirds of people have lied about reading a book which they haven’t.In the World Book Day survey,Dreams from My Father is at number 9.The survey lists top ten books,and various authors,which people have lied about reading.As I’m not one to lie too often,I’ll admit here and now that I haven’t read the entire ten books.But I am pleased to say that I have read the book at number one,George Orwell’s 1984.I think it’s absolutely outstanding.
Asked why they lied,the most common reason was to impress someone they were speaking to.This could be difficult if the conversation became more in-depth!
The World Book Day survey also has some other interesting information in it.It shows that many people lie about having read classical works by Jane Austen,the Bronte sisters,Charles Dickens and so on.But when asked which authors they actually enjoy,they named J.K.Rowling,Jilly Cooper,and Stephen King (ah,the big sellers,in other words).Forty-one percent of people asked admitted they turned to the back of the book to read the end before finishing the story.
So which books have you lied about reading—if any—and which is your favourite?
64. The main reason why people lie about reading is to________.
A. make fun of the listener
B. impress the listener
C. please the listener
D. interest the listener
65. The underlined word“proceeded” in the passage probably means “________”.
B. happened
C. continued
D. stopped
66. What does the World Book Day survey show?
A. Nearly half of the people surveyed didn’t read through a whole classical book.
B. People don’t like Dreams from My Father and George Orwell ’s 1984.
C. Few people lie about having read classical works by Jane Austen.
D. People usually enjoy reading books by Charles Dickens.
67. What is the best title for the passage?
A. Are You a Book Liar?
B. Readers Are All Liars
C. World Book Day
D. Dreams from My Father
In future a machine will do more work for man. Few people have to work long hours. Man will have more free time. How will he use his free time in the world of tomorrow? Certainly he will still need holidays. People often say,“Oh, I’d like to have a holiday in a place where there’s a lot of sun and sand and sea.” Or perhaps,“I’d like a holiday in a place where I can climb mountains and enjoy myself in the snow.”
In future the computer will help them to find the right place. The computer will answer their questions. It’ll also show them pictures and they will tell them where to find the right place for a holiday they want.
In future people will almost certainly have to do less work. Machines will take more and more of the work from man. Each person will get only two or three days of work a week. This means that the rest of the time will be free time.
In today’s world, children are taught for work. Most of the things they learn at school are used to help them in their future work. In future, children will probably have to learn how to spend their free time. They may have to be taught for a life without much work.
68. The passage mainly tells us how machines will help people
in future.
A. work hard
B. enjoy themselves
C. study well
D. make things[学*
69. According to the passage, in the world of tomorrow man will have more time
70. In today’s world, children at school are taught how to work in future when
A. they are young
B. they are old
C. they grow up
D. they are students
第二节(共5小题;每小题2分,满分10分)
根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。(E= AB
There was a park near my home. But I didn’t go there very often. Many people said there was nothing special. One afternoon I went into the park and found it was really small. I walked quickly because there wasn’t much to see. I walked for some time and found myself standing in front of two paths.
I found that the two paths were different from each other.
The left one was wide and clean. There were lots of flowers on both sides of the path. Though the flowers weren’t very beautiful, they made me feel good. I decided to take this path. But wait! I looked at the right one. The path didn’t look nice.
Grass grew everywhere. For a long time I couldn’t make up my mind.
It wasn’t nice , but I didn’t want to give up. At last, I came to the end of the path. Ah! There was a small garden there. It was beautiful, perhaps the most beautiful garden I had ever seen.
Many people told me that there was nothing much to see in the park. Now I’d like to tell them that if they had followed the right way, they would have felt differently. But when I told them about what I had seen in the park, they just smiled at me without saying a word. I knew they didn’t believe me. They couldn’t even remember that path because it was so small.
Don’t be afraid to choose a different path. You may get a big surprise!
A. There is nothing that I want to see.
B. It looked like it had not been cleaned for months.
C. After a while a strange feeling made me follow the dirty path.
D. “ Which way should I go?” I asked myself. I looked at one way, then the other.
E. I told them what happened.
F. My trip to the park that day made me understand something about life.
G. There were trees, flowers and chairs. I thought it was the nicest part of the park.
写作(共两节,满分35分)
单词拼写(每小题l分,满分l0分))
根据所给首字母或中文意思写出单词的适当形式,每空一个。
76. The college, founded centuries ago, was completely d___________ in the terrible earthquake.
77. You are required to pay for your p___________ before you leave the supermarket.
78. G__________, the whole city was covered by sandstorm from AD200 to AD400.
79. Last night I went to the bookshop and the shopkeeper r_______________ a new book to me.
80. Our school made it a rule that the students should attend the flag-raising c
with their school uniform (校服)every Monday morning.
81. The newly-built park will be
(有利的) to the people living there.
82. Mr. Fat is an
(有智力的)man because he always can solve the problems when in difficulty.
83. He was back in the office,
(更新)the work schedule on the computer.
84. She had difficulty in
(决定/确定)where to hang the picture in her new flat.
85. Stratford police refuse to make
(评论)on whether anyone has been arrested.
书面表达(满分25分)
最近我校对高一学生入学一学期后的学习生活适应情况做了一个调查,情况如下。请你用英语表达下表的调查结果,并提出个人观点。
|60%左右的学生认为
|40%左右的学生认为
|1. 高中学习很有压力;
|1. 适应并喜欢高中生活;
|2. 科目难度大,课后作业多;
|2. 课程更有趣,活动更丰富,受益匪浅。
|3. 没时间参加锻炼等活动
1. 词数120;
2. 文章开头已给出,但不计入总词数。
参考词汇:course 课程
Recently, a survey has been carried out in our school whether the freshmen has
become used to the life in senior high school.
6-10 ABCAC
11-15 BCBBB
16-20CCBCA
21-25 ACDAB
26-30 BBDCC
31-35 BADCC
36-40 ACBCD
41-45 BDACB
46-50 ABDDC
51-55 DBADC
56-59 BCAD
60-63 ABDC
64-67 BCAA
71-75 DBCGF
76. destroyed
77. purchase(s)
78. Gradually
79. recommended
80. ceremony
81. beneficial
82. intelligent
83. updating
84. determining
85. comments
As can be seen from the result of the survey, opinions are divided. About 605 of the students in Senior 1 hold the opinion that life in senior high school is far from relaxing. The reasons are as follows: Firstly the subject they are learning now are obviously more different. Besides, they have to do endless homework after class, which leaves them little time for exercise and other activities.
On the contrary, others say they have become used to the new life and have begun to enjoy it. They say that they find the courses are more interesting and the activities are more colorful, which surely benefit them a lot.
As far as I’m concerned, we should balance our study and other activities and do everything effectively. Only in this way can we learn more and enjoy our life better.
高★考*试。题☆库
该会员上传的其它文档
已有&0&条评论,共有&0&人参与,
网友评论:
合作 / 友情链接

我要回帖

更多关于 you have been ages 的文章

随机推荐