Toyota cannot的缩写形式 break!!!!!!!!!

break-in period is OVER - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB
follow ft86club on our ,
Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86
Show Threads
Show Posts
Drives: 2018 86 Steel / 97 MX-5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
break-in period is OVER
Yesterday hit a milestone...never driven the car past 4000rpm...Let the fun begin
Drives: series.blue
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
time to go to a track or autocross.
The Following User Says Thank You to why? For This Useful Post:
&(08-11-2018)
Drives: Da-Big Banana
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I never had a break-in period.
I've Driven Mine Like I Stole It From Day One.
Oh zero mechanical problems and the car is now 4 years old.
Drives: 2015 Ultramarine frs
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I skipped the break in! Oops
Read a lot of mixed things about the car not really even having a break-in period, but hey nothing wrong with following the manual and avoiding any potential mishaps
Drives: Da-Big Banana
Originally Posted by Kiibiiin
Read a lot of mixed things about the car not really even having a break-in period, but hey nothing wrong with following the manual and avoiding any potential mishaps
I'm on my 4th FR-S not one of them had a &Break-in-period& the only reason I've owned 4 of them is I kept upgrading to the new model.
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 15,722 Times in 8,550 Posts
Mentioned: 439 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Kiibiiin
You done good -
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
&(08-11-2018)
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 15,722 Times in 8,550 Posts
Mentioned: 439 Post(s)
Originally Posted by TRD-X
I'm on my 4th FR-S not one of them had a &Break-in-period& the only reason I've owned 4 of them is I kept upgrading to the new model.
Maybe you didn't keep any one of them long to mess up the engine -
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
&(08-12-2018), &(08-14-2018), &(08-14-2018)
Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,423 Times in 1,773 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
The most important part of break-in isn't the RPM limit. It's avoiding cruise control and varying the RPM. Breaking it in on the highway at constant RPM can reduce the engine's ability to develop its full power later on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to extrashaky For This Useful Post:
&(08-11-2018)
Originally Posted by extrashaky
The most important part of break-in isn't the RPM limit. It's avoiding cruise control and varying the RPM. Breaking it in on the highway at constant RPM can reduce the engine's ability to develop its full power later on.
Which is also in the manual! Honestly this is kind of an impossible situation for me as my drive to and from work consists of a city drive and passing by 3 which in the morning well, we all know how that goes. :P
Originally Posted by humfrz
Maybe you didn't keep any one of them long to mess up the engine -
No..... the owner of my 2013 FR-S is still driving the car with no problems.
@ if something breaks that's why the car has a warranty.
He's got this.
Drives: 50th Anni BRZ
Now the fun begins! I wasn't as restrained as you as I had to redline mine at least once (driving it home from the dealer lol), and I touched 5K a few times as well. But I ever since I finished break in I have been wringing its neck, which IMO is the whole point of these cars
I drove 500 miles gently per manual.
Then couldn't take it any more and then just drove it like I stole it.
But hey, at least I made it to 500 gentle miles...
Only happy when it rains.
Drives: series.blue
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
There are massive debates whether break in is needed or not, apparently especially in the motorcycle communities.
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump
User Control Panel
Private Messages
Subscriptions
Who's Online
Forums Home
Scion FR-S / Toyota 86
Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum
Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum
Subaru BRZ
Subaru BRZ General Forum
Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum
FT86CLUB Shared Forum
Member's Car Journals
FR-S / BRZ vs....
Regional Forums
Southern California
Northern California
NY / NJ / CT / PA
Mid-Atlantic
New England
Great Lakes
Rocky Mountains / Great Plains
& & & & & &
Canada Classifieds
& & & & & &
Australia Classifieds
& & & & & &
Australian Meets & Events
NEW ZEALAND
SOUTH AMERICA / CARRIBEANS
MIDDLE EAST
Technical Topics
Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB
Engine, Exhaust, Transmission
Engine Swaps
Forced Induction
Software Tuning
Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing)
Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Suspension | Chassis | Brakes
Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)
Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)
Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment
DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides
Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting
Marketplace
Commercial Classifieds
Official FT86CLUB Sponsors List
Announcements, Contests, Giveaways
Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons
Forced Induction
Engine Swap
Wheels and Tires
Transmission and Driveline