This book mightaswell ( )luck's.

Can anybody tell me how immigration was in the ;s?
If I was a farmer in the late ;s and wanted my parents to com to canada how hard was it? can u please discribe to me how it was in the 1930s please.
Report Abuse
Are you sure you want to delete this answer?
Sorry, something has gone wrong.
Best Answer:&
I don't know firsthand but I remember my mother had an uncle that farmed in Canada about that time. They moved from Montana. It continues to be quite easy to enter Canada from Montana. You might try doing some searches on Google for &immigration canada 1930 farming& to name a few possible search terms. I did see some stories there. Good luck. The internet is amazing.
Source(s):
Thumbs down
Report Abuse
& just now
Asker's rating
might wanna try asking this question to a librarian.
they could probably help you find this info.
best of luck to ya!
Thumbs down
Report Abuse
& just now
Report Abuse
I think this question violates the Community Guidelines
Chat or rant, adult content, spam, insulting other members,
I think this question violates the Terms of Service
Harm to minors, violence or threats, harassment or privacy invasion, impersonation or misrepresentation, fraud or phishing,
Additional Details
If you believe your intellectual property has been infringed and would like to file a complaint, please see our
Report Abuse
Report Abuse
I think this answer violates the Community Guidelines
I think this answer violates the Terms of Service
Harm to minors, violence or threats, harassment or privacy invasion, impersonation or misrepresentation, fraud or phishing,
Additional Details
If you believe your intellectual property has been infringed and would like to file a complaint, please see our
Report Abuse
Report Abuse
I think this comment violates the Community Guidelines
I think this comment violates the Terms of Service
Additional Details
Report Abuse
Ask a question
usually answered in minutes!
Existing questions
Tell us some more
Upload in Progress
Upload failed. Please upload a file larger than 100x100 pixels
We are experiencing some problems, please try again.
You can only upload files of type PNG, JPG, or JPEG.
You can only upload files of type 3GP, 3GPP, MP4, MOV, AVI, MPG, MPEG, or RM.
You can only upload photos smaller than 5 MB.
You can only upload videos smaller than 600MB.
You can only upload a photo (png, jpg, jpeg) or a video (3gp, 3gpp, mp4, mov, avi, mpg, mpeg, rm).
You can only upload a photo or a video.
Video should be smaller than &b&600mb/5 minutes&/b&
Photo should be smaller than &b&5mb&/b&
Video should be smaller than &b&600mb/5 minutes&/b&Photo should be smaller than &b&5mb&/b&
Related Questions
More questions
Answer Questions
21 answers
17 answers
More questions
15 answers
20 answersBut - Ramen is cheap!
No it's not. Ramen is only cheap if you're a lazy fuck.
A 5lb bag of rice wil run you $5 - $6 and last you 50 or so servings. Prices for dried egg-or rice noodles are about the same, depending on market.
If you can haul it, Walmart has 10lb bags for $5:
You can get extremely cheap bulk rice and dried ramen if you visit your local 'ethnic' shop. They will have 5kg bags of rice or dried ramen/noodles for a much lower price than the equivalent in ramen boxes. What you miss out on are powdered bouilloun cubes.
Bouillon cubes (edited)
Learn to love bouillon cubes. Almost half the cost of your ramen is basically powdered versions of the cheap bouillon cubes. You can get 10 - 15 for $1.5-ish. They give anything you make a flavor kick.
You can also easily make your own stock from leftover bones and skin from poultry or beef:
If you have a freezer, you can make stock cubes in an ice cube tray and transfer them to a container with a lid for long term storage. However, this requires access to more than one pot and you know, the monetary capacity to buy chicken, the time to make stock, and the time to dose it in cubes.
A rice cooker is a really good investment, it eliminates one pot (especially with bulk rice) and it also lets you make other stuff in it.
Recent edit: While cubes are probably still the cheapest way to replace adding salt and give you some flavor, budgetbytes have turned me on to &Better than Bouillon&:
. It's a little more pricey, but has less salt and more flavor.
For non-US students, some of the low-end supermarkets have equivalents - usually in jars or bottles. While they have a relatively large shelf life, the downside is you'll need more fridge space
What should be in a student's pantry
Dry versions of:
- Kidney/black beans
- chickpeas / sweetpeas
- Pasta (bulk, can be noodles, macaroni, whatever)
- Rice (bulk)
Canned versions of:
- Diced tomatoes (Usually less than 0.50$ a can!)
- Tomato Pasta (Used for spicing up soups, stews, etc)
If you have a freezer:
- Frozen Spinach
- Frozen cauliflower / Broccoli
Flour is extremely versitile. I'm not saying you should bake your own bread, but
can you bake an egg? If yes, then even you can make pancakes by mixing flour (1cup)
(1cup) and some sugar (1tbsp at least) and dumping that shit in a pan. Eggs are nice, but not required.
You can also use that stock for:
- Flour: Browning meat for stew, giving fish a crisp skin when baked, making tortillas
- Sugar: un-tarting tomato dishes, other pastry, in hot drinks
- Corn: add a sweet touch to veggie-only dishes
Ditch the sodas
Maybe the hardest. Soda/pop contains an insane amount of sugar, but more importantly: it's expensive and addictive.
Buy tea in bulk - your local ethnic shop is gonna have mint leaves in bulk for half the price you spend on soda in a day. Brew a tea with it, dump some sugar in it in a glass container and put it in the fridge.
Better yet: learn to love hot teas. There's a crazy amount of teas out there, from herbal and fruit infusions to variations of black and green teas.
All of them are cheaper when bought in bulk compared to sodas, and you will find that eventually a hot green tea quenches that thirst much more than a sugary coke.
Learn to spice
Spices are the most expensive part of recipes for a reason. They make the difference between 'carrot water' soup and 'tasty carrot' soup. They are expensive at first purchase, but any student kitchen should at least have some of the most common spices that are affordable:
- Cumin (a 'curry' mix is acceptable, and sometimes cheaper)
- Oregano and Basil (necessity for Tomato dishes)
- Marjory/marjoram (Good on tomato dishes, also good on potato/egg/cream dishes)
- Nutmeg (always good on potato/cream dishes)
Other affordable spices are:
- Paprika (sweet, good in tomato/savory dishes)
- Fennel seeds (Anis-y taste)
- Dried chiles (add some heat to a dish without coloring like paprika)
- Cayenne (add some heat. Not as much as chiles)
Beans are pretty sweet
Beans get a wrap for being poor people food. Guess what: you're poor. Buy a stock of dried beans (kidney/red/black) and lentils (any), and you'll have a steady supply of something that is filling, tasty and easy to use in any recipe. Indian/ethiopian/afghani cooking revolves around lentils, beans and rice - but they know how to spice.
Dried beans and lentils are extremely cheap - the downside is that dried beans need a 12 hour 'soaking' before you can use them. Dry lentils and peas (not chickpeas) are pretty much good to go if you're making anything liquidy that's gonna simmer.
Red Beans & Rice
One of those low effort recipes that ends up being amazing.
This uses dried red beans and some fresh celery and bell pepper to make an amazing stew to go with rice. A small bowl with some rice will fill you up for a damn long time.
Dragon Noodles
As cheap as it gets. Cooked noodles (pref in a broth/bouillon water) with chili flakes. Feel free to replace dried chili with sriracha, tabasco or whatever heat you prefer. If you got your noodles in bulk, this is the cheapest recipe ever.
As a bonus: add an extra egg, or peas, or diced carrots, or basically any leftover veg. Consider this a 'vidanche frigo - &empty the fridge&'
Cost: about $1.5 for 2-3 servings
Chunky Lentil soup
One of my personal favorites, I make this shit a lot because it's so easy and filling. Requires almost no effort and the longer you 'forget' to turn off the heat, the better it gets.
Extremely easy to make, super cheap ($5 or less for a full pot) and very filling. Make a batch on full ingredients worth $5 - 7$ and you'll have a hearty meal soup for 3 - 7 days. It'll hold in the fridge for a week and only gets better with age. If it gets
too thick you can just pour that shit over rice.
Cost: about $6 for 5+ servings
An easy as fuck one-pot recipe. Simmer some onion and garlic, and then dump the rest in with some water. Add a bouilon cube. You don't need to boil pasta in water - getting it ready in the sauce it's supposed to be in just makes it tastier and is easier.
Cost: about $7 for 3 - 6 servings
Spinach and tomato macaroni
This requires you have a freezer - makes a lot of budget recipes a lot easier.
Again, its a one-pot recipe: dump your onions and garlic in oil until glazed,
add diced tomatoes (from can) and spinach (from freezer) and your herbs. Dump your dry pasta in there to simmer with all that shit (use the tomato can for water measurements) and let simmer.
Cost: About $4 for 4 servings
Rice leftovers?
Spinach breakfast bowl!
Definitely not for breakfast only, but a good way to clean up rice leftovers:
Dump some frozen spinach chunks with a hardboiled egg with your rice leftovers, nuke, add chili flakes/hot sauce.
Despite the meme, Ramen packs are a horrible value for money. For the same price you can cook for yourself.
Below images contain tips and recipes for a student with just one pot, a knife, and a stove. A lot of recipes conform to the SNAP challenge by limiting it to $4.5/Day
Edit: Goddamn, this got a lot more attention than I expected when I went to bed last night. I won't be around a lot today but I'll try to get back to the people who messaged me ASAP
TAKE ME UP
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website:
Background: #
Hide Thumbnails:《Best of Luck [Book 3 of the Luck Series]》 Jaclyn Weist【摘要 书评 试读】图书
iPhone/iPad/Mac
Android手机或平板电脑
请输入您的手机号码,获取Kindle阅读软件的下载链接。
通知出版社:
没有Kindle设备?,或者下载免费 。
出版社: Wee Creek Press (an Imprint of Whiskey Creek Press (日)
平装: 258页
语种: 英语
14 x 1.5 x 21.6 cm
Megan has had it with leprechauns. They want nothing more than to take over her luck-something she's not willing to give up. After finding herself locked up in a dungeon on Christmas morning, she vows to take O'Malley down. Between trying to have a normal life in high school, and fighting various fairy tale creatures thrown in her way, Megan barely has time breathe. But when a mysterious darkness begins to snatch the fairies and leprechauns that have protected Megan and her family, she must learn the history of her luck and defeat the bad guys once and for all. This is the thrilling third book in the paranormal fantasy series, following STOLEN LUCK and TWIST OF LUCK.
5 星 (0%)0%4 星4 星 (0%)0%3 星3 星 (0%)0%2 星2 星 (0%)0%1 星1 星 (0%)0%与其他买家分享您的想法
Thelma Coots5.0 颗星,最多 5 颗星Worth reading.. -
已在美国亚马逊上发表已确认购买This set of books just keeps getting better. So take the time to give them a chance. If you love fantasy books these books have a lot of that. With a lot of action to boot.Mrs. Westhoff5.0 颗星,最多 5 颗星Fantastic continuation! -
已在美国亚马逊上发表已确认购买So much going on in this book!
It was absolutely a page turner!
I'm desperately hoping there's more to the series, otherwise they epilogue was woefully inadequate!
I need to know what happens next!Amazon Customer5.0 颗星,最多 5 颗星Very enjoyable book! -
已在美国亚马逊上发表已确认购买I loved this book! Great third installment of the Luck series. Fun adventure book for all ages. Megan is an awesome heroine and I love the loyalty between Megan and her friends and family.
1 个人发现此评论有用.
Joel5.0 颗星,最多 5 颗星Loved it -
已在美国亚马逊上发表已确认购买A very clever book to end the series.
1 个人发现此评论有用.
查看产品详情页面完毕后,在此处了解返回您感兴趣的页面的方式。
查看产品详情页面完毕后,在此处了解返回您感兴趣的页面的方式。& ““Luck is a matter of...”习题详情
235位同学学习过此题,做题成功率76.5%
“Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity,” said the American talk show host Oprah Winfrey. I’ve never watched her show, but when a self-made billionaire gives life advice it’s probably worth listening to.Her point is that blind luck is very rare. You may have to be lucky to find a good job these days but that does not mean you should sit at home waiting for the opportunity to come to you. If you’re a Chinese, you may already be familiar with the tale of a farmer waiting by a tree stump(树桩) for a rabbit to run out and break its neck.A book by the UK psychologist Richard Wiseman, called The Luck Factor, argues we can all make ourselves luckier. It’s not about going to a temple to burn some incense(香) hopes that the gods will g it’s practical advice you can follow each day.Wiseman conducted an experiment as part of his studies. First he divided volunt those who said they were lucky in life and those who said they were not. He gave everyone a newspaper and asked them to look through it to count how many photographs it had inside. On average, the unlucky people took about two minutes to count the photographs while the lucky people took just seconds. Why? On the second page of the newspaper, a command, “Stop counting. There are 43 photographs in this newspaper,” was written in big letters. The unlucky people mostly did not spot the message.It’s easy to compare this situation to a young person looking for jobs in a local paper. They might search so hard for one type of position that they miss an even better opportunity. People who are “lucky”, in fact, keep an open mind and don’t go through the same routine every day.I first came to China in 2002 when it was considered a rather strange thing to do. Like many foreigners, my plan was to teach English for one year. Seven years later, and still here, I’ve had many great opportunities such as writing for newspapers and magazines. I did not dream these would have been possible. I’ve also never been sick, had an accident, got into a fight or had problems with the police. Coincidence? After reading about Professor Wiseman’s studies I think not.As Wiseman advises, I usually trust my own judgment. Your friends and parents may give you advice based on rational thinking, but it’s important to consider how you feel about each choice you make. Your feeling acts as a warning for a potential problem.Finally, try to turn bad luck into good. Even if you do fall down and break a leg, the time spent at home can be used wisely to study English.【小题1】Which of the following proverbs most agrees with the writer’s point?A.Make the best of a bad job.B.Rome was not built in a day.C.All is not gold that glitters.D.A good heart conquers ill fortune.【小题2】What do you know about Oprah Winfrey?A.She became famous through her family background.B.She is a British talk show host.C.She became successful by her own effort.D.She was very lucky and seldom suffered setbacks in her life.【小题3】The writer quoted the Chinese tale of a farmer in order to show &&&&.A.man can conquer natureB.luck is in your own hand C.bad luck can turn into goodD.you should not sit at home waiting for the opportunity to come to youA&
本题难度:一般
题型:解答题&|&来源:2011-江苏省泰州中学高三第一学期期中考试英语试题
分析与解答
习题““Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity,” said the American talk show host Oprah Winfrey. I’...”的分析与解答如下所示:
【小题1】A 考察谚语。A项:在逆境中做到最好,B:伟业非一日可成,C:闪光的并不都是金子,D:善心克厄运,只有A与文章最后的try to turn bad luck into good最符合,故选择A【小题1】C 由第一段的a self-made billionaire可知她是白手起家通过自己努力获得成功的,故选择C【小题1】D 推理判断题。根据第二段内容可以判断作者引用守株待兔的故事是为了说明人不该坐等机会来临的道理,故选择D
找到答案了,赞一个
如发现试题中存在任何错误,请及时纠错告诉我们,谢谢你的支持!
“Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity,” said the American talk show host Oprah Winfre...
错误类型:
习题内容残缺不全
习题有文字标点错误
习题内容结构混乱
习题对应知识点不正确
分析解答残缺不全
分析解答有文字标点错误
分析解答结构混乱
习题类型错误
错误详情:
我的名号(最多30个字):
看完解答,记得给个难度评级哦!
““Luck is a matter of...”的最新评论
欢迎来到乐乐题库,查看习题““Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity,” said the American talk show host Oprah Winfrey. I’ve never watched her show, but when a self-made billionaire gives life advice it’s probably worth listening to.Her point is that blind luck is very rare. You may have to be lucky to find a good job these days but that does not mean you should sit at home waiting for the opportunity to come to you. If you’re a Chinese, you may already be familiar with the tale of a farmer waiting by a tree stump(树桩) for a rabbit to run out and break its neck.A book by the UK psychologist Richard Wiseman, called The Luck Factor, argues we can all make ourselves luckier. It’s not about going to a temple to burn some incense(香) hopes that the gods will g it’s practical advice you can follow each day.Wiseman conducted an experiment as part of his studies. First he divided volunt those who said they were lucky in life and those who said they were not. He gave everyone a newspaper and asked them to look through it to count how many photographs it had inside. On average, the unlucky people took about two minutes to count the photographs while the lucky people took just seconds. Why? On the second page of the newspaper, a command, “Stop counting. There are 43 photographs in this newspaper,” was written in big letters. The unlucky people mostly did not spot the message.It’s easy to compare this situation to a young person looking for jobs in a local paper. They might search so hard for one type of position that they miss an even better opportunity. People who are “lucky”, in fact, keep an open mind and don’t go through the same routine every day.I first came to China in 2002 when it was considered a rather strange thing to do. Like many foreigners, my plan was to teach English for one year. Seven years later, and still here, I’ve had many great opportunities such as writing for newspapers and magazines. I did not dream these would have been possible. I’ve also never been sick, had an accident, got into a fight or had problems with the police. Coincidence? After reading about Professor Wiseman’s studies I think not.As Wiseman advises, I usually trust my own judgment. Your friends and parents may give you advice based on rational thinking, but it’s important to consider how you feel about each choice you make. Your feeling acts as a warning for a potential problem.Finally, try to turn bad luck into good. Even if you do fall down and break a leg, the time spent at home can be used wisely to study English.【小题1】Which of the following proverbs most agrees with the writer’s point?A.Make the best of a bad job.B.Rome was not built in a day.C.All is not gold that glitters.D.A good heart conquers ill fortune.【小题2】What do you know about Oprah Winfrey?A.She became famous through her family background.B.She is a British talk show host.C.She became successful by her own effort.D.She was very lucky and seldom suffered setbacks in her life.【小题3】The writer quoted the Chinese tale of a farmer in order to show ____.A.man can conquer natureB.luck is in your own hand C.bad luck can turn into goodD.you should not sit at home waiting for the opportunity to come to you”的答案、考点梳理,并查找与习题““Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity,” said the American talk show host Oprah Winfrey. I’ve never watched her show, but when a self-made billionaire gives life advice it’s probably worth listening to.Her point is that blind luck is very rare. You may have to be lucky to find a good job these days but that does not mean you should sit at home waiting for the opportunity to come to you. If you’re a Chinese, you may already be familiar with the tale of a farmer waiting by a tree stump(树桩) for a rabbit to run out and break its neck.A book by the UK psychologist Richard Wiseman, called The Luck Factor, argues we can all make ourselves luckier. It’s not about going to a temple to burn some incense(香) hopes that the gods will g it’s practical advice you can follow each day.Wiseman conducted an experiment as part of his studies. First he divided volunt those who said they were lucky in life and those who said they were not. He gave everyone a newspaper and asked them to look through it to count how many photographs it had inside. On average, the unlucky people took about two minutes to count the photographs while the lucky people took just seconds. Why? On the second page of the newspaper, a command, “Stop counting. There are 43 photographs in this newspaper,” was written in big letters. The unlucky people mostly did not spot the message.It’s easy to compare this situation to a young person looking for jobs in a local paper. They might search so hard for one type of position that they miss an even better opportunity. People who are “lucky”, in fact, keep an open mind and don’t go through the same routine every day.I first came to China in 2002 when it was considered a rather strange thing to do. Like many foreigners, my plan was to teach English for one year. Seven years later, and still here, I’ve had many great opportunities such as writing for newspapers and magazines. I did not dream these would have been possible. I’ve also never been sick, had an accident, got into a fight or had problems with the police. Coincidence? After reading about Professor Wiseman’s studies I think not.As Wiseman advises, I usually trust my own judgment. Your friends and parents may give you advice based on rational thinking, but it’s important to consider how you feel about each choice you make. Your feeling acts as a warning for a potential problem.Finally, try to turn bad luck into good. Even if you do fall down and break a leg, the time spent at home can be used wisely to study English.【小题1】Which of the following proverbs most agrees with the writer’s point?A.Make the best of a bad job.B.Rome was not built in a day.C.All is not gold that glitters.D.A good heart conquers ill fortune.【小题2】What do you know about Oprah Winfrey?A.She became famous through her family background.B.She is a British talk show host.C.She became successful by her own effort.D.She was very lucky and seldom suffered setbacks in her life.【小题3】The writer quoted the Chinese tale of a farmer in order to show ____.A.man can conquer natureB.luck is in your own hand C.bad luck can turn into goodD.you should not sit at home waiting for the opportunity to come to you”相似的习题。

我要回帖

更多关于 might什么意思 的文章

随机推荐