He kept on smokingkills though we advise him to

英语过程写作-雅思写作范文
雅思写作范文
一、A类小作文范文二、G类小作文范文三、A、G类大作文范文A类小作文范文范文(一)题目:You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. Write your answer in a word processing program on your computer. The table below shows the results of a survey to find out what members of a city sports club think about the club's activities, facilities and opening hours. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make any comparisons where relevant. Write at least 150 words. Club satisfaction survey table 范文:  The table compares the opinions of male and female club members about the services provided by a city sports club.   We can see from the responses that the male members are generally happy&or&satisfied with the range of activities at the club, with only 5% dissatisfied. In contrast, however, only about two-thirds of female members were positive about the activity range and almost a third were dissatisfied. The genders were more in agreement about the club facilities. Only 14% of women and 10% of men were unhappy with these, and the majority (64 and 63% respectively) were very positive. Finally, the female respondents were much happier with the club opening hours than their male counterparts. Almost three-quarters of them were very satisfied with these and only 3% were unhappy, whereas nearly 40% of the men expressed their dissatisfaction.   Overall, the table indicates that female members are most unhappy with the range of activities, while male members feel that opening hours are the least satisfactory aspect of the club.范文(二)组合图是雅思小作文里常考的题型之一,请先看图表,并思考以下问题:* 饼图和曲线图各自展示了什么数据在哪个时间点或段的变化特征?* 在饼图中,数据总值为多少?它由几部分组成?每一部分各代表什么?各自所占百分比又是多少?百分比从大到小如何排列的?谁最大?谁最小?* 曲线图有何特征?根据特征,曲线可以分成几段来描述?起点值、终点值、峰值、谷值多少?各自对应的时间点又是什么?题目:You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. * The chart and graph below give information about sales and share prices for Coca-Cola.* Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.You should write at least 150 words.范文:The pie chart shows the worldwide distribution of sales of Coca-Cola in the year 2000 and the graph shows the change in share prices between 1996 and 2001.In the year 2000, Coca-Cola sold a total of 17.1 billion cases of their fizzy drink product worldwide. The largest consumer was North America, where 30.4 per cent of the total volume was purchased. The second largest consumer was Latin America. Europe and Asia purchased 20.5 and 16.4 per cent of the total volume respectively, while Africa and the Middle East remained fairly small consumers at 7 per cent of the total volume of sales.Since 1996, share prices for Coca-Cola have fluctuated. In that year, shares were valued at approximately $35. Between 1996 and 1997, however, prices rose significantly to $70 per share. They dipped a little in mid-1997 and then peaked at $80 per share in mid-98. From then until 2000 their value fell consistently but there was a slight rise in mid-2000.范文(三)题目:日本近年出国旅游人数变化The chart below shows the number of Japanese tourists traveling abroad between 1985 and 1995 and the graph reveals Australia&s share of the Japanese tourist market. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.范文:The chart and the graph respectively show the number of Japanese tourists traveling abroad and the number of Japanese tourists to Australia from 1985 to 1995.As is indicated in the chart and graph, there was a steady increase both in the number of Japanese tourists traveling abroad and in Australia&s share of Japan&s tourist market.To begin with, from 1985 to 1995, the number of Japanese tourists traveling abroad was tripled, growing from just about 5 million to more than 15 million. The only exception was the year of 1991, when there was a slight decline as compared with the previous year. By contrast, all the other years witnessed a gradual increase.Second, the graph displays that during the first three years, the percentage of Japanese tourists to Australia rocketed from 2% to 4.8%. This is an increase b y 2.8%. Nonetheless, in the following year, we see a slight drop. Surprisingly, between 1989 and 1993, there appeared a significant rise from 4.2% to 6.2%, which was the peak in the designated decade, and it ended up at 6% in 1994.To sum up, the number of Japanese tourists traveling abroad and those Japanese people who chose to go to Australia as destination both showed an overall trend of rise over a span of 10 years.范文(四)题目:美国成年人整体婚姻状况The charts below give information about USA marriage and divorce rates between 1970 and 2000 and the marital status of adult Americans in two of the years. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. 范文:The two bar charts compare the number of married and divorced people in USA over a span of 30 years from 1970 to 2000 and the overall marital status of US adults in 1970 and 2000. As can be seen from the first chart, over the designated 30 years, the number of marriages experienced a steady fall while the number of divorces, however, fluctuated. The second chart shows that as compared with the situation in 1970, American adults& marital status underwent dramatic changes. To begin with, in 1970 and 1980, there was equal number of marriages in USA, both being 2.5 million. However, divorces were as high as 1 million and 1.4 million respectively. The numbers of marriages for the year 1990 and 2000 were 2.3 million versus 2 million while divorces were 1.1 million versus 1 million. We also find that the year 1980 witnessed the greatest number of divorces and meanwhile, the number of divorces in 2000 drew even with that in 1970. Secondly, as we look at the other chart, we see that the percentages of those who were determined not to be in a marriage and those who chose to end their marriages by divorce in 2000 were both higher than figures in 1970. The two groups of figures are 20%:14% and 9%:3% respectively. In terms of the other two categories, namely, married and widowed, the figures for 1970 were higher than those for 2000 and they are 70%:60% and 8%:3% respectively. Thus, we have gained an insight into the attitudes of Americans towards marriage and their multifaceted statuses in the past decades of years. 范文(五)题目:六城市地铁系统特点The table below gives information about the underground railway systems in six cities. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. 范文:The table demonstrates the features of the underground railway systems in 6 cities in three different aspects. First, the subway systems in the six cities were opened in time sequence with London being the earliest (in 1863) and Los Angeles the latest ( in 2001 ). The underground railway system had their prime time in the 20th century, which saw the construction of 4 underground railway systems respectively in Paris (1900), in Tokyo (1927), in Washington DC (1976), and in Los Angeles (1981). Second, seen from London to Los Angeles, which happened to be in chronological order of subway construction, the above-mentioned six cities roughly revealed a trend of sharp decrease in the length of the subway route. London ranked No. 1 in this respect, with a length of 394 Paris came next with 199 Tokyo was No. 3 with 155 Washington DC ranked No. 4 with 126 km. Kyoto and Los Angeles were the most interesting, with merely 11km and 28km respectively, nothing comparable with the top 4 cities. Third, we see some really unexpected figures about the number of passengers transported by the subway system in these six cities. Tokyo took the lead with 1.927 Paris came next with 1.191 London was No. 3 with 775 Washington DC was No. 4 with 144 million. Los Angeles and Kyoto had 50 million and 45 million respectively. Therefore, we can see the big difference as compared with other cities. Overall, the six cities revealed great differences in the history of subway construction, the length of subway lines and the yearly passenger transportation capability. G类小作文范文题目:抱怨产品质量You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.You have bought a washing machine. First you found that the machine damaged your clothes, and you had it changed. Then you found that the new one seriously entangled the clothes.& Write to the manager of the department store to complain about it.2 You should write at least 150 words.范文:Dear Sir or Madam,A few months ago I purchased a washing machine (Sanyo XQB50-68) from your department store. After a few weeks I found that it had seriously damaged the clothes. I asked you to change one for me, which you did. Now I want to ask you to change this one for me again.This one does not damage my clothes any more, but I have found that it tangles the clothes seriously and when it automatically begins to spin the water out, the machine shakes so heavily that it stops by itself. In the instruction booklet you have not mentioned this defect and neither have you told the user how to solve the problem. I am quite annoyed by the fact that sometimes when I came back from work to take the clothes out to dry, they were still unwashed. When I at home. I have to tend it frequently to untwist the entangled clothes. Is that what you call your machine &fully automatic&?/Please change a new one for me that will not entangle the clothes. Otherwise, I would ask you to give my money back, or I would complain to the Consumers& Association.&Yours sincerely,&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&Fan Yang题目:抱怨服务质量You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. You went shopping one day and you had received very bad service in a shop. You want to complain to the boss. Write a letter to complain about the bad service. You should write at least 150 words.范文:Dear Sir or Madam,Much of my regret, I write this to place a complaint against one of your shop-assistants about his bad service.&& Yesterday morning about 10 o&clock my husband, I and a lady friend of ours came to your shop with the intention to buy some souvenirs. One of the shop-assistants, whose badge number was 29 if I remembered right, was asked to show us some of the bronze wares so that we could decide which one to buy. Under the circumstances, it was the shop-assistant&s duty to do what was asked or to explain why he was unable to comply with such a request. Instead of minding his duty and acting in a polite manner, he turned a deaf ear to our request and walked away murmuring in a sarcastic manner.&We wish you would look into this unsatisfactory state of affairs and take steps to prevent a recurrence of offensive conduct of this kind.Yours sincerely,Fan Yang题目:咨询信You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. You are organizing a trip to the Snowy Mountains in New South Wales for a group of students from Perth in Western Australia. Write to the manager of Student Hostel Services and explain when you want to visit the Snowy Mountains, how long you will stay, how many students are in your party, and what accommodation you will require.You should write at least 150 words.范文:Dear Sir / Madam,&& I am writing to seek accommodation in the Snowy Mountains for a group of students from Perth.We expect to be the Snowy Mountains between June 1 and June 12. There are fourteen people in our group, five men and seven women, and a married couple. The five men will accept dormitory accommodation, and the women are happy to share rooms, but the married couple would like a double room. We hope to keep our expenses as low as possible.& Please tell me about recreational services in the area. The group will bring their own boots for bushwalking, but we are hoping to hire equipment for other sports, like skiing. Some of our group will want to hire geological picks and other equipment, if possible. We also need to know about access to caves and other interesting geological features in the area.&I am looking forward to receiving information about the Student Hostel Services and other facilities.&Yours sincerely, Amanda Chan题目:说明信You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.You are studying at a university in England. Your passport was stolen two days ago. Write to your embassy in London, giving details of what happened and asking what you should do next.范文:Dear Sir / Madam,am writing to repot the loss of my passport and to request a new one. I lost my passport two days ago at about 8:30 in the evening when I bought three dictionaries at MBC bookstore. By accident, I left my passport at the shop. When I realized what I had done, I telephoned the shop, but the shop assistants there could not find it.`I would be grateful if you could tell me what documents I need to send you in order to be issued with a new passport. Do you require any passport photographs, and if so how many? How much will a new passport cost and in which currency would you like me to pay?& I must apologize for any inconvenience caused and look forward to hearing from you. I&m looking forward to your reply.!&Yours sincerely,题目:感谢信You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.You have just arrived in the city where you are going to spend two years for your master&s degree. You have a lot preparation to do before the new term stars, but you do not know how to go round the city. A friend you have newly acquainted offered you guidance and helped you through difficulties.Write a letter to express your thanks.范文:Dear David,I am writing this letter to thank you for the guidance you gave me. I was a perfect stranger when arriving at this city. Once I lost myself for not knowing the way in a downtown street, although I stopped to ask some people for direction. As you know this is the first time for me to come up to this big city.&& I bought a guidebook, but there were still difficulties in going round the city. The streets and shops puzzled me so much that I would rather stay indoors. It is your valuable guidance that has enabled me to go about the city without losing myself. I thank you very much for your kind help. Now I begin to know how to take the proper trolleybuses or buses. Yesterday I went downtown with some of my schoolmates to buy some stationery.&Lessons will begin in a few days, I will come over to see you some day next week and tell you everything that has happened to me.Sincerely yours,题目:抱怨房屋问题You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.You rent a house through an agency. The heating system has stopped working. You phoned the agency a week ago but it has still not been mended.Write a letter to the agency. Explain the situation and tell them what you want them to do about it. You do NOT need to write your own address.Begin your letter as follows范文:Dear Sir / Madam,&& I am at present living in a house which I rented through your agency. I am sorry to inform you that the heating system in the house stopped working some time ago.I phoned your agency and explained the problem one week ago, but you have still not sent anybody to fix the heating system. This is very inconvenient&not to mention dangerous to the health&as the weather is starting to get colder. I am puzzled as to why you have not paid attention to this urgent matter. I must remind you that a fully operative heating system is one of the terms of the lease of the house.Therefore, I would very much appreciate it if you would send a technician to repair the system as soon as possible. He may call at any time during the day, as either I or my wife will be at home all this week.&Yours sincerely,&Fan Yang题目:说明信You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. You have had an accident and are in hospital.Write a letter to your college administration explaining why you will be absent from class for the next month. Ask for advice about how to continue your studies during this period.You should write at least 150 words.You do NOT need to write your own address.范文:Dear Prof. SmithI am writing to explain my absence from classes since April 21, 1999.On April 20, 1999, I was involved in a serious motor vehicle accident. I was transported to the hospital in an ambulance, where I was treated for a broken ankle, fractured collarbone, and 3 bruised ribs. My doctor advised complete bed rest for 6 weeks, and as a result, I have been unable to attend classed since April 21, 1999.,I am concerned about keeping up with my studies, and have been doing the required readings, as assigned by my professors. My biggest concern is whether I will be eligible to write the final exams in June. Would you please advise me regarding my courses and exams, specifically if there will be any special consideration given to me in light of my current situation?Thank you for your kind assistance. I look forward to hearing from you soon.Sincerely,Fan Yang题目:咨询信You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. Assume that you wish to study in England. Write a letter of inquiry based on your interests. Ask what kind of clubs there are at the university, and what is the procedure for joining them. You should write at least 150 words.You do NOT need to write your own address.范文:Dear Sir / Madam,I have applied to enter your esteemed university to follow a course of study. However, although I find the academic curriculum suitable, I feel that the opportunities for leisure activities are also an important part of student life. Therefore, I would be grateful if you could give me some information about this aspect of the campus.&In my spare time, I indulge in a
I am also interested in music, especially playing the guitar. Specifically, I wish to know if there are any sports clubs, including soccer and tennis teams run by students. Furthermore, I would be keen to join a student band or orchestra, if there is one.&Please write and let me know what university clubs I am eligible to join. By the way, what is the procedure for joining campus clubs, what qualifications do I need, and what are the fees for taking part in their activities?&I look forward to your reply.&Yours sincerely,&Fan Yang题目:道歉信You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. One of your pen pals will shortly be visiting your city. For some reasons, you can not manage to meet him at the airport on time.Write a letter asking him to wait for you at the airport and tell him how to identify you. You should write at least 150 words. You do NOT need to write your own address.范文:Dear David,I am very much looking forward to your visit to my city. After all these years of writing to each other, we will finally have the chance to meet! However, I regret to inform you that I will not be able to meet you at the airport when you arrive.I was glad to hear that you would come to see me and I thought I must go to the airport to meet you. But yesterday I was informed that I must attend an important business meeting on the day when you arrive. The meeting is supposed to be over at 11:00 am, which will be an hour later than your arrival time.Please wait for me in the arrival lounge. I&ll go there as quickly as possible after the meeting. As we have never met I must tell you how to recognize me: I am of medium height and have a small mustache. In addition, I will be carrying a copy of the morning newspaper tucked under my left arm.&Yours sincerely, 题目:咨询信You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.As part of a student social survey project, you are organizing a group to visit a historical exhibition in a small town.Write a letter to the exhibition organizer asking for information regarding such things as the contents of the exhibition, and the dates of its opening and closing, and if there are any discounts available. You should write at least 150 words.You do NOT need to write your own address.范文:Dear Sir / Madam,&I am organizing a group of students to pay a visit to the historical exhibition in your town. This visit will be part of our school&s activities to encourage the students to take part in social surveys. Therefore, I would be grateful if you would supply me with the following information:First of all, what are the opening and closing dates between which the exhibition will be held, and what are the daily opening hours? Secondly, what is the size of the exhibition, what is its theme and what objects are on display? Thirdly, are there any other activities being held in connection with the exhibition?&I should let you know what I hope to bring over 100 students to the exhibition. So I would like to inquire if there is any discount available on entrance tickets for students. If so, how much is the discount and what is the minimum number of students necessary to qualify for it?I look forward to your reply.Yours sincerely,&Fan Yang三、A、G类大作文范文题目:课堂获得的知识量大于网络吗?Students at schools and universities learn far more from lessons with teachers than from others sources (such as the internet, television). To what extent do you agree or disagree?教育类考题: 在校学生从课堂获得的知识量大于来自网络和电视的知识量.关键词:& 学校学习 和 网络电视学习范文& 250单词&The statement that teachers outnumber other resources such as internet or television programs in terms of how much student can learn on campus is too presumptuous.&How much student can learn depends not only on the resources of knowledge or information but also on students themselves and the environment in which they learn. In some leading universities or schools, the academic staffs are usually& outstanding leaders in their subjects, and the campus is well equipped with various facilities to help live and learn. In this case, it is often true that students in general are able to learn more from teachers than from other resources. This also explains why so many bright young people pay high tuitions to graduate or professional programs.&Certainly, not all teachers are qualified. In some hinterland or remote areas, educational staffs and facilities are rather scarce. Teachers are usually those who themselves are less well educated. In this case, to learn from these teachers is less effective or even negative. This accounts for why so many parents spend all of their money in renting a small room in the slums or ghettoes in Beijing, China close to universities to help children learn more and better.&These, however, should not be the absolute conclusion. The fact is that some students can learn well from both resources, while others fail in either.&In conclusion, I do not agree the argument that at schools students can learn much more from teachers than other resources. In fact, it depends.题目:使用手机和电脑是否会损害传统写信技能& Some people think the traditional skill of writing letters will disappear?Computers or mobile phones are widely used. However, will the use of these machines harm the tradition of writing letters? Unlike what has been imagined, the tradition will not disappear. On the contrary, it will last for a relatively long period of time.It will last not because people still pay attention to its function but because people emphasize its aesthetic value, which is virtually woven in the warp and weft of culture. This might explain why some letters written in ink by some celebrities and distinguished are exhibited in museums. Hence, such a tradition as writing letters will not extinct in case the culture continues.Another piece of evidence supporting this theory is that the skills in writing using traditional tools such as the Chinese brush have been remarkably emphasized by educators, parents, and the community as a whole. In schools, the traditional writing clubs are common. In fact, national competitions about these skills are held by various governmental or civil organizations. In households, parents generally encourage the kids to practice the traditional skills while computers and mobiles are necessary.Even in the field of business operation and government administration, traditional skills in writing letters are not disappearing. For instance, many advertisements of products or services are not printed with computers. Rather they are written by very famous people in a society to attract more consumers. The letters written by a certain leader such as a president usually convey more than those printed with machines when establishing or entrenching the international relationship between two nations.To sum up, while the computers and mobiles phones become the routines, the traditional skills in writing letters will survive and thrive.&题目:&专业运动员是否可以比其他职业赚得多You should spend about 40 minutes on this task. Write about the following topic:Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions . Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.Write at least 250 words.范文:As a result of constant media attention, sports professionals in my country have become stars and celebrities , and those at the top are paid huge salaries. Just like movie stars, they live extravagant lifestyles with huge houses and cars.Many people find their rewards unfair, especially when comparing these super salaries with those of top surgeons or research scientists, or even leading politicians who have the responsibility of governing the country. However, sports salaries are not determined by considering the contribution to society a person makes, or the level of responsibility he or she holds. Instead, they reflect the public popularity of sport in general and the level of public support that successful stars can generate. So the notion of &fairness & is not the issue.Those who feel that sports stars& salaries are justified might argue that the number of professionals with real talent are very few, and the money is a recognition of the skills and dedication a person needs to be successful. Competition is constant and a player is tested every time they perform. in their relatively short career. The pressure from the media is intense and there is little privacy out of the spotlight . So all of thesefactors may justify the huge earnings.Personally, I think that the amount of money such sports stars make is more justified than the huge earnings of movie stars, but at the same time, it indicates that our society places more value on sport than on more essential professions and achievements.题目:&Using a computer every day can have more negative than positive effects on young children。Do you agree or disagree?范文:I tend to agree that young children can be negatively affected by too much time spent on the computer every day. This is partly because sitting in front of a screen for too long can be damaging to both the eyes and the physical posture of young child, regardless of what they are using the computer for。However, the main concern is about the type of computer activities that attract children. These are often electronic games that tend to be very intense and rather violent. The player is usually the &hero& of the game and too much exposure can encourage children to be self-centered and insensitive to others。Even when children use a computer of other purposes, such as getting information or emailing friends, it is no substitute for human interaction. Spending time with other children and sharing non-virtual experiences is an important part of a children&s development that cannot be provided by a computer。In spite of this, the obvious benefits of computer skills for young children cannot be denied. Their adult world will be changing constantly in terms of technology and the Internet is the key to all the knowledge and information available in the world today. Therefore it is important that children learn at an early age to use the equipment enthusiastically and with confidence as they will need these skills throughout their studies and working lives。I think the main point is to make sure the young children do not overuse computers. Parents must ensure that their children learn to enjoy other kinds of activity and not simply sit at home, learning to live in a virtual world。题目:&It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.范文:The relative importance of natural talent and training is a frequent topic of discussion when people try to explain different levels of ability in, for example, sport, art or music. Obviously, education systems are based on the belief that all children can effectively be taught to acquire different skills, including those associated with sport, art or music. So from our own school experience, we can find plenty of evidence to support the view that a child can acquire these skills with continued teaching and guided practice.However, some people believe that innate talent is what differentiates a person who has been trained to play a sport or an instrument, from those who become good players. In other words, there is more to the skill than a learned technique, and this extra talent cannot be taught, no matter how good the teacher or how frequently a child practices.I personally think that some people do have talents that are probably inherited via their genes. Such talents can give individuals a facility for certain skills that allow them to excel, while more hard-working students never manage to reach a comparable level. But, as with all questions of nature versus nurture, they are not mutually exclusive. Good musicians or artists and exceptional sports stars have probably succeeded because of both good training and natural talent. Without the natural talent, continuous training would be neither attractive nor productive, and without the training, the child would not learn how to exploit and develop their talent.&In conclusion, I agree that any child can be taught particular skills, but to be really good in areas such as music, art or sport, then some natural talent is required.题目:国际援助Rich countries provide financial aid to poor country but has less effect ,so rich countries should provide other types of help rather than financial aid 。 to some extent do you agree or disagree ?关键词:Rich countries, financial aid VS other helping types, effects, 范文:&Today, it is commonly seen that financial support that has been provided by some rich countries, from UK to USA, is being used in some countries in poverty such as some parts in Africa. At the same time, alternative ways of helping in medicine or technology are available. As a result of the aids, millions of people benefit from the generous donation. Many people living in South Africa, for example, have wells to obtain underground water, which was unavailable because of poverty. In spite, it is said by a group of people that countries of affluence are expected to offer non-financial aid just because they think that the financial support given by rich countries has had little effect on the poor countries. However, I doubt whether the cause-effect thinking can hold water. It is mainly because the positive and dramatic effects, in most of the cases, on poor countries as well as the local people should be approved. It is easily caught of international news that some poor countries can build up a new dam or power plant that can be used to solve the problem of local water shortage and lack of energy with the help of funds made by rich countries. No doubt, the great changes will improve the life quality of local people and the development of the countries.& Of course, sometimes, the sole aid in finance is not always enough for poor countries. As we all know, some of them sometimes have more desire for techniques, talents or something else than money. On this occasion, aid in the form. of money seems to be insignificant. In other words, aid should be poor-country-centered. So, my view is that any forms of aid, financial or other, should be encouraged in order to help some country shake off the poverty, being put into practice as soon as possible. 题目:淡水短缺的原因和建议措施People around the world are confronted with serious shortage of fresh water. What are the reasons ? How to solve the problem?范文:&&& Tuning to the BBC or CNN, one is besieged by (news about) formidable disasters, diseases, conflicts, and controversies. But none is more challenging than the shortage of fresh water, a source which has long been mistakenly assumed to be inexhaustible. Unfortunately, few people realize the impending potential catastrophe arising from the insufficient fresh water. Governments must be blamed if they have not informed people the importance of fresh water.Fresh water has been closed associated with life, not only the life of human beings, but also the life of all kinds of plants and animals. Lacking fresh water, the earth will become ill.& Nevertheless, human beings are confronted with the crisis of insufficient fresh water.The shortage of fresh water can be attributed to the lower efficiency in water utilization. The irrigation in many countries wastes overwhelmingly. Some developing countries still use the primitive irrigation system, which is believed to waste at least 70% fresh water.Life water utilization also shows strikingly lower efficiency. Many citizens have no concept of saving water. In most cities in China, fresh water is used to flush lavatories. Moreover, most citizens use wash-machine, which consumes a larger volume of fresh water.Besides, fresh water has been polluted by agriculture and industry activities. Aquaticecosystem has largely been ruined by unrestricted drainage of sewages. In metropolis, the hospitals and laboratories are also the serious sources of water pollution.Governments are expected to launch campaigns against water pollution. Individuals, households, and the states all should use their unique ways to save the limited resources.题目:习俗Some people think that visitors to other countries should adopt the local custom. Others think that the host country should welcome different cultures.Discuss both views and what's your opinion?范文:Rituals, rites, religions, and customs vary considerably from culture to culture and from country to country. But, should one adopt the local custom when subject to an alien culture? The seemingly simple question is virtually rather vexing in that the answer to which depends.Cultures are generally classified into two categories: folk culture and public culture. The former refers to a culture that emphasizes the personal relationships in settling affaires. In such a culture laws are eclipsed by custom and moral in the maintenance of social order. People pay even meticulous attention to the custom. Any break of the custom is considered as unacceptable as regicidal behavior or commitment of some felony. Thus when a visitor is in such a culture, it would be better for him or her to &Do As Romans Do When in Rome.& In a certain sense, to adopt the local custom is a way for an alien to survive.&&Public culture& is coined to refer an ethnic group whose social order is maintained by legal instruments, although custom is emphasized. But custom in such a culture seldom remains the same for a relatively long time. Under such circumstance, it is usually unnecessary for a visitor to calculatedly follow the natives& custom. Even the new comer preserves all his or her own custom or culture, it is safe for the visitor to do whatever he or she wants to do provided it is legal.Put it simply, in a public culture it is unnecessary to adopt the local new custom. But in a folk culture, to follow the local custom is a must.题目:明天是否重要The word &tomorrow& has been frequently used as a synonym of &hope&. It becomes the great beacon light to the millions. Alas, who knows exactly what tomorrow will be?范文:Tomorrow is believed to be important to the individuals because human beings as separate individual persons struggling in the process of time and space are not, generally speaking, satisfied with what they already have had. Those who have been considered to have already achieved tremendous success in the society, such as those profiteers and shrewd bankers, desire to live a &better& life and find a &better way& to make more money. Therefore, they have the ambition about their future. They want to do something &better& tomorrow. In stark contrast, those who have been labeled as &losers& in the society have the aspiration to make a change in &tomorrow&. For instance, the undergraduates who have failed to secure themselves in the job market might hope to study a master degree so that they will have a shaper competitive edge in &tomorrow&.In terms of a specific society, &tomorrow& means the opportunity to develop, a word in many senses. Thinking about less developed countries, we find that nine out of ten such states or regions are working and weaving a beautiful &dream& of tomorrow. The governors and the governed alike are visioning a &bright and better& future of material prosperity. They are weaving &a promised land& rich in the honey and milk. Focusing on the developed ones, however, we perceive that such sovereignties are yet unsatisfied with their status quo. They want to &lead& others to live a &similar&, if not the &same&, life as they do, even though they essentially complain much about their own ways. In this case, &tomorrow& means the opportunity to influence those cultures under which the prevailing political ideas and ideals, the way people live, and the fundamental values are distinctly divergent from what have been deemed &correct&.&& To conclude, neither individuals nor the human beings as a whole are satisfied with the &past and present&. Instead, they have dreams, ambitions, and aspirations. As a result, &tomorrow& becomes a critical factor that encourages developments.题目:学习历史是否用价值范文:History is more than the old stories, myths, or an academic subject for the scholars to write papers or books. Like many other sciences, history not only tells people what have happened before but also functions as a compass to lead human beings in the right course.One of the most important roles that the study of history plays in solving the current human affairs is that it functions as a &rearview mirror&. It shows what is behind you so that you can move forward easily. History is, in essence, the people and their activities, both physical and psychological, in the past. If we accept that the past and the present are not entirely separated, then we have to admit the value of history. Our ancestors have suffered the same troubles, such as disease, disaster, or devil, as what we are confronted with, and their experiences, knowledge, and understanding of nature provide us with invaluable wisdom.It is true that a fewer people claim that history helps people little in unlocking the current problems. They might give a long list of assumed &evidence&. For instance, they say that environmental issues are new, globalization unprecedented, political or economical conflicts fresh, and the like. Nevertheless, they have failed to see that in essence these problems are what our forefathers have experienced. Today people are suffering the same old trouble of poverty, wars, and mental crisis.Therefore, reading history, at least we can find some clues to solve these problems.题目:飞机限制问题Automobiles produce less pollution than do airplanes. Automobiles also consume less fossil fuel. Therefore it is necessary to restrict some flights. Do you agree or disagree with this opinion?范文:The argument that the flights should be restricted is invalid. Clearly, it is unconvincing to compare the volume of pollutants an airplane produces with that generated by an automobile, because an airplane is shared by many passengers while an automobile is usually for one or, at the best, several passengers.Suppose a visitor drives 1,000 miles, burning 100 liter gasoline and emitting 10 cubic meter carbon dioxide, this very passenger is totally responsible for such an environment problem. But to what extent should another passenger, who travels the same distance by air, take environment responsibility? If the airplane consumes 10,000 liter gasoline and produces 1000 cubic meter carbon dioxide and if altogether 300 passengers share the flight, then traveling by air causes less environmental damage.Another thing must also be in the list of consideration: the time. Traveling by air saves time. The point is that even if traveling by automobiles consumes less energy and produces less pollutants, traveling by air has a variety of reasons. For instance, a patient is transported by air from where she is injured to the hospital.The opponents might argue that this is not the &unnecessary flights&. Nevertheless it is ambiguous and vague to use such a term. How to define an &unnecessary& flight? Is there a legal or generally accepted criterion against which the feature of a flight can be clearly and correctly labeled as &necessary& or &unnecessary&? Nay.Therefore, the argument mentioned in the topic is neither logically sound nor practically significant.题目:谈谈你身边城市交通问题In most parts of the world, the volume of traffic is growing at an alarming rate. In the form of an assignment, discuss about the main traffic problems in your country, their causes and possible solutions.& 范文:The progress of transport industry is inevitable and undeniable. What is under controversy is whether the volume of traffic is growing at an alarming rate. To be frank, I am in high favor that we are well aware of the traffic problem.&   In my point of view, a possible cause of the problem is that we lack the infrastructure construction. Also the overpopulation is the cause of this problem, especially in China. Although the growth of the transport is rapid, it still can not meet the increasing needs of people. Furthermore, people abuse the private cars to take public transport instead, which caused more cars put into use. Lastly, individuals are also responsible for this problem. People are lacking in consciousness and awareness for traffic situation in order. Sometimes, people drive after drinking, which causes more traffic accidents.&   The solution, I think, is for government to inject more funds into the construction of infrastructure, increase more construction, such as the restructuring of metro system, elevated ways, Pearl line, and superhighway. Also government should levy heavy tax on luxurious products, and encourage people to use bus service instead of private cars. To individuals, we may establish the family planning to control the growth of the population. Furthermore, we should publicize the importance of obeying the traffic regulations among people by education, and form the civil health lifestyle.  To conclude, with the joint effort of people and governments, I am sure the traffic problems will be improved.题目:男女分校带来的利弊A lot of countries have schools that focus only on the males or females. What are the advantages and disadvantages of unisexual schools?  (Sample 1)   Imagine being asked to spend twelve or so years of years of your life in a society that consisted only of members of your own sex, how would you react? Unless there was something definitely wrong with you, you wouldn't be too happy about it, to say the least. But the fact is that segregated schools shoot up very rapidly around the world, furthermore, so many parents choose to impose such abnormal conditions on their children- conditions which they themselves wouldn't put up with for one minute!   Many sociologists and educationalists present their views on this issue from both sides. Those advocates of segregated schools argue that children from segregated schools have greater achievements academically. Socially in athletic and have greater self-confidence. Further, there are many more practical advantages in segregated schools such as administration. Adolescent problems can be dealt with better and more easily. Lastly in many countries, the most famous schools are segregated. It is a wonderful proof of their worth.   On the other side, those advocates of co-education point out that any discussion of this topic is bound to question the aims of education. One of the chief aims of education is equip future citizens with all they require to take their places in adult society which is made up of men and women. When segregated, boys and girls are made to feel that they are a race apart. Rivalry between the sexes is fostered. Anyone entering adult society after years of segregation can only be in for a shock. Segregated schools sometimes provide the right condition for sexual deviation and make children lack of healthy attitude to life that co-education encourages.   To sum up, every coin has double sides but from my point of view, I believe that though segregated schools have successfully existed for centuries it is about time somebody exploded that hoary old myth about segregated schools being the better place for your children. (sample 2) Boy schools and girl schools shoot up very rapidly both in foreign countries and at home. In China, girl schools have enjoyed a very long history since one hundred years ago. Many sociologists and educationalists present their views on this issue from different angles. In this essay, I will zero in on the advantages and disadvantages of the controversial phenomenon.Some parents prefer to send their children to boy schools or girl schools in the hope that their children can concentrate on study and acquire adequate knowledge and skills because unisexual schools can make out appropriate curriculum and courses for students according to their sexual characteristics. In some girl schools, students have a wider choice of courses such as dancing, music, embroidery and drawing, which can cultivate their feminine elegance and charm.Furthermore, students can devote themselves fully to their study and will not be distracted. Campus love affairs are very common in the current society under the influence of media. Boy schools and girl schools can eradicate contact between different sexes and purify the campus environment.Of course, some experts point out that boy schools and girl schools are not beneficial to the adolescent development of students. They believe that boys or girls are likely to develop their abilities and stimulate their imagination when they are studying with the opposite sexes. Besides, students can cultivate their interpersonal skills. Some other people think that separating boys from girls can cause some psychological problems to youngsters. Meanwhile, this separation affects social progress and lead to sexism. Investigation shows that graduates from unisexual schools are not aware how to get along with their colleagues in their career. To sum up, everything has double folds. Unisexual schools are of no exception. From my point of view, I think the existence of unisexual schools meets the need of some parents. But it is definitely not a paradise for their children. 题目:广告与媒体问题Consumers are faced with increasing numbers of advertisements from competing companies. To what extent do you think are consumers influenced by advertisements? What measures can be taken to protect them?范文:  Television screens, newspapers, b, uses, and almost all city streets are flooded by all kinds of advertisements. This has both advantages and disadvantages to consumers who are unavoidably influenced, though the degrees vary from person to person.  Because of the advertisements placed by many competing companies, consumers are able to learn about certain new products rapidly. If a product happens to be what some consumers need, they might be attracted to make a purchase and have trial use. If it turns out to be really good, people would set about recommending it to friends and the sales of this product will go up very quickly. So, we see this is a win-win situation both to consumers and manufacturers and we also see that consumers are not just influenced profoundly all at once. It takes time for them to establish faith in the advertised products.  In most cases, the advertised products are good and worth buying. But there are also cases where the effects or functions of a certain product are much exaggerated and it will definitely fool some people when they are attracted all at once and go to buy it. Since a product can only win the market through its quality and its long established fame, there&s every reason to believe that those fake or much exaggerated products will eventually lose their market shares and die out. Thus, we see that the market is selective and consumers are sensible in the long term.  In developed countries, there are strict censorship and supervising systems regarding advertising. If the advertisement put up by a company fails to honor the advertised effects, it would be termed as fraud, thus violating the law which could lead to really serious result. In most cases, the manufacturing company would be fined so heavily that it would be difficult for it to survive any longer.  From the foregoing discussion, we can see that advertisements influence consumers both favorably and unfavorably and the degrees of this influence differ from person to person. To protect consumers, governments can follow the practice of developed countries by enforcing really strict censorship and supervising laws in regard to advertising as a whole.题目:计算机的利与弊Some people claim that public museums and art galleries will not be needed because people can see historical objects and works of art by using a computer. Do you agree or disagree with this opinion?范文:  It is simply absurd to assert that with historical objects and works of art being able to be seen through a computer, public museums and art galleries will no longer be needed.  First of all, computers can never replace real public museums and art galleries. No matter how real and vivid computer images are, they are only images, not the historical objects and works of art that we see in real or even might be allowed to touch with our fingertips. For those who claim museums and galleries are no longer needed because they can see all they want to on a computer screen, I&d like to suggest that they marry a wife or husband in the computer rather than in real life!  In the second place, visiting real museums and art galleries is a rewarding experience in many respects. For one thing, it is a good exercise. While we are making the trip to a museum or art gallery and then strolling about on site, we get some exercise which does a lot of good to our health. For another thing, we can feast our eyes on all kinds of things there and experience the wonder, beauty and exquisite workmanship with our own eyes in an active way instead of in a passive manner by looking at what are being displayed to us by others on the screen. For yet another thing, we protect our eyesight by moving away from the computer screen and see the real objects on site.  It is true that computers have brought great conveniences to our life. At certain times, especially when it is temporarily impossible for us to visit museums and art galleries in person, we can get a rough picture of what are on display on site. However, what we see from a computer screen is, after all, not exactly the same as what we see and feel with our own eyes on site.  In conclusion, computers will never be able to replace real public museums and art galleries. Therefore, it is ridiculous to say that one does not need to go to museums and art galleries as historical objects and works of art can be appreciated on a computer screen.题目:环境、资源与交通问题The unlimited use of cars may cause many problems. What are those problems? In order to reduce the problems, should we discourage people to use cars? 范文:The fast increase in the number of cars have brought along many related problems which are well worth our greatest attention. First of all, urban traffic is getting from bad to worse. I&d like to cite my own experience as an example. Five years ago, it took me about 30 minutes to drive from home to office. One year later, I needed to spend about 40 minutes on the way. Then two years later, I had to start out from home at least 1 hour earlier in order to get to my office on good time for work. And then, since last year, it has just been too normal for me to spend about one and half hours to make it. The traffic just moves like a worm! Second, with the ever growing number of cars, air quality in urban areas is deteriorating with each passing day. We used to see clear blue sky and breathe fresh air, but now this would be a real luxury. Car exhaust has seriously polluted the air and people&s health is greatly endangered. It seems certain that we human beings have already made a fatal mistake that could only be remedied by bringing down the number of cars hugely. Sure, we can not deny the fact that cars have brought us speed, comfort and greater mobility. However, these have already been history. We are suffering much more from cars than benefiting from them. Our health conditions are going down rapidly both due to the polluted air that we have to breathe every second and our lack of exercise as a result of the ever increasing amount of time we have to spend behind the wheel! What can we do? From the foregoing discussion, I&m sure we have already found a solution: to discourage people to use cars! I know very well that science and technology are also developing very fast and there might be better solutions coming up in the future, but, before that, let&s first salvage ourselves in such a passive way!题目: Children who grow up in families which are short of money are better prepared to deal with the problems of adult life than children who are brought up by wealthy parents. To what extent do you agree or disagree?范文: Some feel that the children of low income families are better equipped to deal with difficulties posed by the &real world& when they grow up and they also believe the privileged children of wealthy families are less fit to deal with these difficulties. The implications and veracity of this argument seem self-evident, but in fact require closer examination.The popular wisdom is that children of poorer families learn early on the value of a buck, and are thus naturally better suited to stretching money when times get tough in adulthood. Inversely, the children of wealthy families, those born with a silver spoon in their mouths, are believed to be completely ignorant of the ten times erroneously expecting the same situation in adulthood. They are believed to be prone to overspending and financial irresponsibility. This belief, though logical, overlooks one key point which is, of course, education.The basis of this argument is, of course, knowing the value of money, and the idea that children of the poor know this, and those of the wealthy do not. Who though, is in a better position to teach their children the value of money, someone skilled in earning and keeping it, the wealthy parent, or someone who can not seem to acquire it, the poor parent? Both wealthy and poor children are equally likely to acquire an education in money, whether it is formal, or in the school of hard knocks. Conversely, both children are as likely to ignore this education.A poor child may believe that one can get along, if not as easily, without wealthy. A wealthy child may be well trained by a parent steeped in the knowledge of money management, the key to developing this skill is education.题目:关于教育问题1. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? It is much easier to learn in a small class than in a large one. Use specific examples and reasons to support your answer. 范文:People&s views on the size of a class vary. While some people hold that a small class is better for learning, there are others who argue that a big one is better. On a personal note, I am convinced that each size of classes has its merits and demerits and what really counts is the teacher. That is to say, if the teacher is good, then class sizes would be no big deal. In the first place, both small and big classes have their own advantages and disadvantages. Let&s take a small class for example. With a small number of students in one class, the classroom atmosphere would be relatively quiet and, therefore, it would be possible for students to concentrate on their learning. This can be easily understood, for, after all, the noise made by 10 or 20 people is much lower than that made by 100 or even 200 people! Also, with fewer students, the teacher would find it much easier to manipulate the class, that is, to have the whole class under complete control. If there are too many students, the teacher would be at a loss as to what to do in that controlling the situation itself would be challenging enough. Besides, in a small class, the students could have more interactive activities with the teacher and the teacher can give each student whatever instructions or help that he or she needs. When the number of students in a class is much too big, one-to-one or one-to-several tutoring is simply impossible. However, this is not to say that a small class is all good and a big one is all bad. In fact, as researches show, a small class is more likely to give rise to tiredness and boredom, which hinders learning. In this respect, a big class prevails as it places higher pressure on the teacher, thus compelling him or her to be more energetic and more humorous so as to create a more lively learning atmosphere and, therefore, having the students& attention. Who will benefit from all these? The students! Of course! Moreover, in a big class, the students could get to know more people, thereby making more friends as they have more choices. And making friends itself is meaningful in that it makes the class a more attractive place and in the long run, this makes for students& learning. In the second place, we must acknowledge the very fact that no matter how small or big a class is, it is simply not that important as the teacher. Even in a class where there is only one student, if the teacher proves to be inefficient, not knowing how to teach at all, it would be impossible for the students to listen attentively, so there would be no way for them to really learn anything. Quite the opposite, if the teacher is good, then no matter how many students there are in one class, say, 1,000 of them, the teacher would still be able to teach enthusiastically and the students listen enjoyably, and the learning effect would be beyond any doubt. I had the experience of sitting in a 500-student classroom. The teacher was warmly received by the students and so we all learned happily. Moreover, just for the sake of securing a seat close to the teacher, many students would go to the classroom 1 hour earlier. This well confirmed the point that the teacher is what really counts. From the above discussion, we can safely come to the conclusion that the size of a class does not have much influence on the students& learning effect. What is really more crucial in this issue is the quality of the teacher. 题目:导致城市庞大的原因及后果范文:Since cities have changed a lot, the size of the cities has grown enormously. Discuss the causes and consequence of the enormous size of cities.Nowadays, the maps of cities are updated frequently. With the development of city, more and more suburbs become parts of the city. When the cities in the world are amplifying constantly, people discuss the topic hotly, the causes and consequence of the enormous cities. Different people have different answers by their respective views. In my opinion, the evolution of society and the development of economy result in the growth of the vast size of cities. Since the number of population in every city is increasing continually, people need a large amount of space to live in. With the progress of the technology, the output of crops rises sharply. Fewer and fewer farmers are required, as a result, more and more villages urbanize. The growth of the cities brings us many huge changes.There are more job opportunities in the cities. For instance, China will hold the Olympic Games in Beijing in 2008. The government is amplifying the size of Beijing to build new gyms in order to hold it excellently. Obviously, people in the cities could gain a lot of new jobs. Of course, the enormous size of cities also has bad effects. Pollution is becoming more and more serious all over the world with the amplification of the cities. For example, the poisonous gas sent off by factories and automobiles has made the air unhealthy for people to breathe. Water waste keeps pouring i as a result, many water species are dying out. Furthermore, more people the city have, more rubbish we can find.In a word, since each coin has two sides, we should be acquainted clearly with the reasons why the size of the cities has grown enormously and what it will bring us. Thus, we could make full use of the positive effects and overcome the negative effects.题目:谈谈你身边城市交通问题In most parts of the world, the volume of traffic is growing at an alarming rate. In the form of an assignment, discuss about the main traffic problems in your country, their causes and possible solutions.范文:The progress of transport industry is inevitable and undeniable. What is under controversy is whether the volume of traffic is growing at an alarming rate. To be frank, I am in high favor that we are well aware of the traffic problem.In my point of view, a possible cause of the problem is that we lack the infrastructure construction. Also the overpopulation is the cause of this problem, especially in China. Although the growth of the transport is rapid, it still can not meet the increasing needs of people. Furthermore, people abuse the private cars to take public transport instead, which caused more cars put into use. Lastly, individuals are also responsible for this problem. People are lacking in consciousness and awareness for traffic situation in order. Sometimes, people drive after drinking, which causes more traffic accidents.The solution, I think, is for government to inject more funds into the construction of infrastructure, increase more construction, such as the restructuring of metro system, elevated ways, Pearl line, and superhighway. Also government should levy heavy tax on luxurious products, and encourage people to use bus service instead of private cars. To individuals, we may establish the family planning to control the growth of the population. Furthermore, we should publicize the importance of obeying the traffic regulations among people by education, and form the civil health lifestyle.To conclude, with the joint effort of people and governments, I am sure the traffic problems will be improved.题目:传统文化With the fast pace of globalization, the whole world has become a global village with combination of different cultures. What are the reasons for losing a variety of languages and cultures? Think of some solution to alleviate the problem.范文:(Sample 1)The progression of globalization is inevitable and undeniable. It has been widely noted that many of the world&s languages and cultures are dying out. To seek the solution, we should take a closer look at the causes first.Most important of all is the objective reason. The essence of globalization is commercialization and centralization. It is convenient in communication that some prevalent languages and cultures have its predominance, which makes superior of the senior and inferiority of the junior. That leads to deterioration of some minors. These languages and cultures will be overlooked and devalued until they completely die out.As concave and convex sides of a nutshell, it has subjective reason. With the burgeoning of some VIPs, many migrants have swarmed into the dreamlands due to economic drive and stimulation, meanwhile engaged in local culture perspective and discarding their native languages and cultures as a &betrayal&.Hence this is a problem which must be solved as soon as possible. We should remind the world of versatility of the minor cultures through popular media such as music, artifacts or historical heritage, thus renovating the music festivals artistic activities and museums. In addition, let more people, especially the young men, use their own language. Never tiring, never yielding, never finishing. We make the purpose, to prevent losing world&s cultural and linguistic diversity. &This way a long, tapering, strip of bark can be peeled up to the length of the tree, leaving the tree to heal and continue to grow,& says the United Nations Environment Programme Report.(Sample 2)With the pacing the world, globalization is no longer a myth. Nowadays, it is growi

我要回帖

更多关于 smokingkills翻译 的文章

随机推荐