Yes I got home Iplease don t go't feel like a kid of it one

(明媚满目)
第三方登录:& “Are you the type of ...”习题详情
0位同学学习过此题,做题成功率0%
Are you the type of person who always says“yes”?I’ve come to learn that it is very im-portant to learn to say NO!It’s okay. People are still going to like you. They may even respect you more because they know you are honest.I,m not saying to say“no& to someone who really needs your help. I’m talking about re-fusing that meeting that you really do not want to attend or that birthday party that you don’t want to be a guest at.Think for a moment how you feel when you say YES to something that you really don’t want to do. If you’re like I once was,you can’t sleep at night and you think about it too much. It weighs on your mind. You try to find ways out. Whatever you’re saying to yourself,if you really wanted to go,you wouldn’t have all of these thoughts.So,why not just say NO from the beginning? Maybe you feel like if you don’t show up at the meeting(by the way,it is not one you must attend) your boss isn’t going to like you or your co-workers won’t respect you. Maybe you feel as if your mom,dad or sisters won’t love you as much if you don’t do everything for them that they ask every occasion.If these people are your true friends,family members,or a good boss,they will like or love you the same no matter what. People treat you the way you teach them to,and if you’re some-one who always says“yes& then that’s what they,re expecting.You need to do what is right for you. Of course we do have real obligations in life to ful-fill,but we do not have to do everything others want us to do.1.Which of the following statements would the writer agree with?A.We should try to do what our friends ask us to do.B.We should help others in need.C.Always saying“yes& means you are dishonest.D.Always saying“no& means you are brave.2.What does the underlined word,’ It& in Paragraph 3 refer to?A.Saying &yes&.B.A friend's birthday party.C.Something you’re unwilling to do. D.Something you think difficult to do.3.The writer believes that if you say“no& to your family members,you’11_·A.have the same relationship with them as beforeB.have a loose relationship with themC.disappoint themD.upset them4.What would be the best title for the passage?A.Learn to Make a Right Choice &&&&&&&&&&&& B.To Be YourselfC.Do What You Want to Do &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.Learn to Say No&
本题难度:一般
题型:解答题&|&来源:2012-安徽省名校联考英语试卷
分析与解答
习题“Are you the type of person who always says“yes”?I’ve come to learn that it is very im-portant to learn to...”的分析与解答如下所示:
1.B2.C3.A4.D
本文是一篇说明文,说明了不要给真正需要帮助的人说“no”,当你不想做某事的时候你给别人说了“yes”,会增加你的思想负担,使你夜不能寐,不要因为怕朋友、家人等不高兴,给他们都说“yes”,你要学会说不1.细节题。由第二段第一行I,m not saying to say“no& to someone who really needs your help可以知道答案,故选B。2.推理题。由第三段第一行Think for a moment how you feel when you say YES to something that you really don’t want to do可以推出答案,故选C。3.细节题。由倒数第二段第一句If these people are your true friends,family members,or a good boss,they will like or love you the same no matter what可以知道答案,故选A。4.推理题。由本文的主要意思“不要给真正需要帮助的人说“no”,当你不想做某事的时候你给别人说了“yes”,会增加你的思想负担,使你夜不能寐,不要因为怕朋友、家人等不高兴,给他们都说“yes”,你要学会说不”,可以推出答案,故选D。分析:
考点1:日常生活类阅读
找到答案了,赞一个
如发现试题中存在任何错误,请及时纠错告诉我们,谢谢你的支持!
Are you the type of person who always says“yes”?I’ve come to learn that it is very im-portant to lea...
错误类型:
习题内容残缺不全
习题有文字标点错误
习题内容结构混乱
习题对应知识点不正确
分析解答残缺不全
分析解答有文字标点错误
分析解答结构混乱
习题类型错误
错误详情:
我的名号(最多30个字):
看完解答,记得给个难度评级哦!
“Are you the type of ...”的最新评论
欢迎来到乐乐题库,查看习题“Are you the type of person who always says“yes”?I’ve come to learn that it is very im-portant to learn to say NO!It’s okay. People are still going to like you. They may even respect you more because they know you are honest.I,m not saying to say“no& to someone who really needs your help. I’m talking about re-fusing that meeting that you really do not want to attend or that birthday party that you don’t want to be a guest at.Think for a moment how you feel when you say YES to something that you really don’t want to do. If you’re like I once was,you can’t sleep at night and you think about it too much. It weighs on your mind. You try to find ways out. Whatever you’re saying to yourself,if you really wanted to go,you wouldn’t have all of these thoughts.So,why not just say NO from the beginning? Maybe you feel like if you don’t show up at the meeting(by the way,it is not one you must attend) your boss isn’t going to like you or your co-workers won’t respect you. Maybe you feel as if your mom,dad or sisters won’t love you as much if you don’t do everything for them that they ask every occasion.If these people are your true friends,family members,or a good boss,they will like or love you the same no matter what. People treat you the way you teach them to,and if you’re some-one who always says“yes& then that’s what they,re expecting.You need to do what is right for you. Of course we do have real obligations in life to ful-fill,but we do not have to do everything others want us to do.1.Which of the following statements would the writer agree with?A.We should try to do what our friends ask us to do.B.We should help others in need.C.Always saying“yes& means you are dishonest.D.Always saying“no& means you are brave.2.What does the underlined word,’ It& in Paragraph 3 refer to?A.Saying &yes&.B.A friend's birthday party.C.Something you’re unwilling to do. D.Something you think difficult to do.3.The writer believes that if you say“no& to your family members,you’11_·A.have the same relationship with them as beforeB.have a loose relationship with themC.disappoint themD.upset them4.What would be the best title for the passage?A.Learn to Make a Right Choice
B.To Be YourselfC.Do What You Want to Do
D.Learn to Say No”的答案、考点梳理,并查找与习题“Are you the type of person who always says“yes”?I’ve come to learn that it is very im-portant to learn to say NO!It’s okay. People are still going to like you. They may even respect you more because they know you are honest.I,m not saying to say“no& to someone who really needs your help. I’m talking about re-fusing that meeting that you really do not want to attend or that birthday party that you don’t want to be a guest at.Think for a moment how you feel when you say YES to something that you really don’t want to do. If you’re like I once was,you can’t sleep at night and you think about it too much. It weighs on your mind. You try to find ways out. Whatever you’re saying to yourself,if you really wanted to go,you wouldn’t have all of these thoughts.So,why not just say NO from the beginning? Maybe you feel like if you don’t show up at the meeting(by the way,it is not one you must attend) your boss isn’t going to like you or your co-workers won’t respect you. Maybe you feel as if your mom,dad or sisters won’t love you as much if you don’t do everything for them that they ask every occasion.If these people are your true friends,family members,or a good boss,they will like or love you the same no matter what. People treat you the way you teach them to,and if you’re some-one who always says“yes& then that’s what they,re expecting.You need to do what is right for you. Of course we do have real obligations in life to ful-fill,but we do not have to do everything others want us to do.1.Which of the following statements would the writer agree with?A.We should try to do what our friends ask us to do.B.We should help others in need.C.Always saying“yes& means you are dishonest.D.Always saying“no& means you are brave.2.What does the underlined word,’ It& in Paragraph 3 refer to?A.Saying &yes&.B.A friend's birthday party.C.Something you’re unwilling to do. D.Something you think difficult to do.3.The writer believes that if you say“no& to your family members,you’11_·A.have the same relationship with them as beforeB.have a loose relationship with themC.disappoint themD.upset them4.What would be the best title for the passage?A.Learn to Make a Right Choice
B.To Be YourselfC.Do What You Want to Do
D.Learn to Say No”相似的习题。There are a couple of people in the thread who asked this, so I’ll just use Thomas Hewlett’s question to represent them:
You’ve mentioned several times that you don’t drink alcohol. I do a lot of work with addiction/recovery and I’m wondering about your relationship to alcohol and drugs and what led to your decision to not drink. Or is this simply a case of “that stuff doesn’t taste good”?
It’s true: I don’t drink alcohol except in very rare circumstances (like, half a glass of champagne at my wedding), I’ve never smoked cigarettes, I’ve never taken an illegal drug, and outside of Novocaine at the dentist’s office, I’m generally reluctant to tak my wife always expresses surprise if I go to the medicine cabinet for ibuprofen, for example.
So what’s the story there?
Well, to begin, and initially the reason I avoided the stuff, my family has really bad addiction issues. I’m a child of alcoholics and drug users, and I’ve seen first hand what the stuff can do to people whose brains are wired to leap out of their seats when drugs are around, not only in family members but in the people who were around my family. Many of the people I knew growing up were either struggling with addiction, or trying to get clean, or dealing with the shitshow of a life that is crawling out of the hole that addiction puts you in. All of which reinforced the idea for me early on that this was not what I wanted for my life, or in my life.
This did mean when I was younger I could be pretty humorless about alcohol and drugs. When I was a little kid I was convinced a single beer or puff from a joint would put you on the fast track to being (in the words of South Park) homeless on the streets giving handjobs for crack, and I would sometimes freak out about it. I got better about this as I got older and learned that not everyone had the same addiction problems as I saw in the people around me (this is where I note that for a large part of my childhood my mother was active in the Alcoholics Anonymous community, so I really was surrounded by addicts, albeit ones trying to get and stay clean). But, yeah, as a kid I was definitely not cool with a beer and a joint. I figured it meant you were doomed. Dooooooooomed.
On a personal level, the residual effect of that childhood paranoia manifests itself with a continued personal lack of interest in alcohol or drugs. I’m no longer paranoid that a single shot of hard liquor or a toke would turn me into an uncontrollable gibbering addict, but on the other hand given my family’s inarguable problems with the stuff I don’t feel the need to play the odds, either. I’m not foolish enough to think I don’t have all the features of an addictive personality, nor am I foolish enough to believe that age and understanding will have much compensatory effect against my body’s physical desire for addictive stuff. All in all, best to leave the stuff alone. There are other things to keep me occupied.
When I was younger, there were some people who were amazed that I didn’t drink or do drugs. “Aren’t you curious?” was a question I got a lot (answer: No, because I’d seen enough of it in my life, thanks), sometimes followed by the person, almost always a dude, who would be all “Dude, I’m totally getting you drunk tonight!” because he thought he was doing me a favor my making me relax through alcohol. It didn’t work since someone trying to get me drunk made rather more tense (this sort of thing was almost always about alcohol, I’d note. People smoking pot would offer you the joint, but if you didn’t want it, they were always “cool, whatever” and off it would go to the next person).
Occasionally when I was younger someone would get offended that I didn’t drink, because they thought I was judging them for drinking. Well, when I was a kid, sure, I’d do that. By the time I was drinking age, I didn’t care what other people were doing with their bodies, unless it was directly affecting me. Which is the way I feel today. I don’ I’m fine if you do.
Nowadays, at age 46, no one is in the least offended that, or usually even curious about why, I don’t drink or do drugs. At this age, everyone knows people who stopped drinking or doing drugs, because they are in recovery. No one blames them for it, because everyone knows someone whose life got righteously screwed up because of substance abuse issues. If not drinking or doing drugs is what it takes for you not to have a messed-up life, good on ya. I do assume at this point that most people who notice that I don’t drink or do drugs assume I have some substance abuse history. Well, it’s true, I just not mine. I also don’t mind if people assume I’m in recovery. It’s not correct, but it’s not an insult, and if someone is judgey about people in recovery, then they’re the asshole.
(This is the point where I will note that I know a lot of contemporaries in recovery from drugs and alcohol, and they have nothing but my respect and admiration. Recovery is hard, man. Admitting you have a problem is hard. Quitting a thing your body is crying for is hard. Making amends to the people you hurt is hard. Staying on the recovery path each day, every day, is hard. Part of the reason I never started drugs or alcohol is that I saw close up at an early age how fucking hard recovery is. I’m not entirely sure I could do it. Given what the alternative to recovery is, that’s not good. So, yes: People in recovery? You rock, I salute you. Keep on keeping on.)
At this age there are other reasons I don’t drink or do drugs. In the subject of alcohol, first off, I’m cheap, and alcohol is expensive and I don’t understand how people just throw their money down that particular hole (to be fair, I feel this way about Starbucks, too). Second, alcohol has calories and as a middle-aged dude who already weighs more than he likes, I don’t see why I should add to my woes in this regard. Third, given what I know about myself in terms of where I make conscious efforts to inhibit my behavior, I’m pretty sure I’d be a raging asshole when I’m drunk. You know that thing I wrote once, about how the failure mode of clever is asshole? It’s not just a pithy statement. It’s a reminder to me of my own failings. I expect that were I drunk, I’d try to be clever all the time, and would fail.
With drugs, well. I’ve never been a fan of the recreational use of pot, since that shit stinks like wet dogfarts and causes jam bands, neither of which fill me with joy. Pretty much all the other recreational drugs that exist out there just seem like a fast track to either being an asshole and/or losing a bunch of your teeth in one terrible fashion or another. The exception here seems to be psychedelics, which I worry that if I took would cause me to freak out more than I would like, which means that such a freakout would likely be a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Finally with both drugs and alcohol, at the end of the day I like being in control of my own self, as much as I can be, because I’m responsible for my actions and my self. Given what I know of myself and my likely addiction issues, drugs and alcohol would make it harder for me to be in control of myself. This would make me very unhappy, and that in itself would have a number of unpleasant knock-on effects.
All told: Drugs and alcohol are not for me, thanks.
But if they’re for you — and you’re not swimming in addiction issues (in which case please seek help), and you’re not bothering anyone else with your fun (and if you are, stop being an asshole) — then that’s great, and enjoy yourself. Anyone who’s seen me at a convention knows my natural habitat there is in the bar, hanging out and laughing with people. I wouldn’t be there if I was spending my time pursing my lips in disapproval at people loosening up through judicious use of booze. I am a lifetime designated driver, and I’m cool with that, I like making sure people get home safe.
I’m not a pot enthusiast, but generally speaking I’m for its legalization, and while I’m less sure about blanket legalization for other currently not legal drugs, the more I look at the mess that is the US response to drugs, the more I lean toward the general libertarian idea of “legalize it all, tax the shit out of it,” with a substantial chunk of that tax earmarked for treatment of addiction (rather than, say, incarceration, which is what we have now and which isn’t working particularly well as far as I can see). My personal prohibition against any of this stuff should not imply one for everyone else.
But yeah, for me, prohibition it is. The good news is, so far, my life has done okay without drugs and alcohol. They’re not things I feel a lack of.
Taunting the tauntable since 1998
John Scalzi, proprietor
Meet the Intern
From late May to August, Athena Scalzi is the intern for Whatever, adding her own posts and thoughts to the blog. Catch up with all her latest posts on the front page, or
for an Intern-only feed!
Whatever Days
March 2016
Whatarchives
Whatarchives
Select Month
April 2018
March 2018
February 2018
January 2018
December 2017
November 2017
October 2017
September 2017
August 2017
April 2017
March 2017
February 2017
January 2017
December 2016
November 2016
October 2016
September 2016
August 2016
April 2016
March 2016
February 2016
January 2016
December 2015
November 2015
October 2015
September 2015
August 2015
April 2015
March 2015
February 2015
January 2015
December 2014
November 2014
October 2014
September 2014
August 2014
April 2014
March 2014
February 2014
January 2014
December 2013
November 2013
October 2013
September 2013
August 2013
April 2013
March 2013
February 2013
January 2013
December 2012
November 2012
October 2012
September 2012
August 2012
April 2012
March 2012
February 2012
January 2012
December 2011
November 2011
October 2011
September 2011
August 2011
April 2011
March 2011
February 2011
January 2011
December 2010
November 2010
October 2010
September 2010
August 2010
April 2010
March 2010
February 2010
January 2010
December 2009
November 2009
October 2009
September 2009
August 2009
April 2009
March 2009
February 2009
January 2009
December 2008
November 2008
October 2008
September 2008
August 2008
April 2008
March 2008
February 2008
January 2008
December 2007
November 2007
October 2007
September 2007
April 2007
March 2007
February 2007
January 2007
December 2006
November 2006
October 2006
September 2006
August 2006
April 2006
March 2006
February 2006
January 2006
December 2005
November 2005
October 2005
September 2005
August 2005
April 2005
March 2005
February 2005
January 2005
December 2004
November 2004
October 2004
September 2004
August 2004
April 2004
March 2004
February 2004
January 2004
December 2003
November 2003
October 2003
September 2003
August 2003
April 2003
March 2003
February 2003
January 2003
December 2002
November 2002
October 2002
September 2002
August 2002
April 2002
March 2002
Administrivia
The Big Idea
What's the Big Idea? Authors explaining the the big ideas behind their latest works, in their own words.
Authors/Editors/Publicists: for information on how to participate, click
Whatever Just Happened
Random Whatever
-- and you'll be taken to a random Whatever entry in the archive. Which one will you get? Got me!
Scalzi Elsewhere on the Internet
Send to Email Address
Your Email Address
Post was not sent - check your email addresses!
Email check failed, please try again
Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email.

我要回帖

更多关于 hips don t lie 的文章

随机推荐