There are two toywhere the bears arein the box.two toy bears划

Love Teddy Bears?
Welcome to
Totally Teddy Bears. My Name is Kate and I have been a fan of soft toy bear's
all of my life , (that's a long time). 
After searching the web looking for a fun place to share my love of our furry toy friends whilst also finding out more about them,  I soon came to realise that a site which covered all these things did not exist. I decided that I would build one. After all if I was interested in the information then I knew others would too. 
My aim is to provide a website which includes pretty much all there is to know about these lovable toy bears and what I miss out I hope you will let me know and help me to build the web's most comprehensive guide to the teddy bear.
Explore The Site
Antique Bears
Old bears of every description from valuable ones to simply lovable ones.
Bear Makes
A compendium of manufacturers and makers and the characteristics oftheir bears.
Your Bears
One of the most
important areas of the site is where you can share your pictures and stories
about your own teddies. 
Plus Even More Teddy Bears
The web site will also include as much information as possible about these toy bears. Having this sort of information all in one place will help to make this site one of the leading places on the internet for arctophiles to visit often.The site includes: 
  From their early beginnings right up to the modern day.
 Information about how to collect and look after your bears.
  A directory of artist bear makers
 Famous bear stories and your own.
Famous bears on our TV screens - A fun section which will bring back many childhood memories. 
Making your own soft toy bear - Free patterns
Plus of course a
place to buy bear related items such as:
GiftsBooks
OK that's enough
of me gabbling on. I hope you will enjoy my site and please let me know what
you would like to see on the site if something is missing. 
If you enjoyed
this page, please consider sharing it with your friends:
   Search This Site   
Unfortunately, this is the only picture of Bear that we have.
This bear was bought by my dad for my niece around .
He bought it in a toy store
My Teddy is about 8 tall. He is a light tan or beige. His snout paws, and feet are a darker tan and seem to be a slightly different material. It crackles
/* This is amazon code to allow images to com up as buy me */
 By Kate Tilmouth Copyright (C) 2018 TotallyTeddyBears.com.ComAccessibility links
Teddy bears: Adults on their stuffed toy companions
These are external links and will open in a new window
Close share panel
A recent article by David Cannadine about grown-ups with teddy bears prompted readers to write in with their own toy stories.The article discussed the
for both children and adults. Below is a selection of your stories about the powerful bond between bear and owner.
Image caption
Vera and Big Ted, the Jewish refugee bear
Big Ted is an 84-year-old Jewish refugee bear from Vienna. He came to London on 15 August 1938, and now has many patches and hardly any stuffing left. He only has one eye, a rare blue one, as I pulled the other one out. As a toddler I refused to eat, much to my mother's worry, unless I clasped Big Ted's blue glass eye in my hand. Over the years he has been hugged and loved and kissed by my two children, seven grandchildren and six great-grandchildren. He now lives in Israel with my daughter. Vera Feldman, 82, Birmingham
Image caption
Beverley with Simon
The bear in my life is called Simon and I've had him for 58 years. He is on a six-month waiting list for bear surgery, "beartox", pampering and a nose job. Apparently his squeaker has moved to under his armpit so it's heart surgery too. My family think I've lost the plot and my sister-in-laws think it's hysterical, although they have promised to send him a get well card. Beverley Ettle, Eastleigh, Hampshire
Image caption
Mary Notzon and Paddie
I've had my teddy, Paddie, for just over a year now. But he's already seen me through a lot. When I bought him, I was still married and living in the US. Then, after my husband and I divorced, we (Paddie and I) moved to London. I couldn't fit him in my luggage or my cargo containers. So I had to pull out all of his stuffing. It was a tearful event, akin to surgery. I even told him he was going into a very deep sleep, but when he woke up he'd be in London with me. He's my best friend and I would be heartbroken if anything were to ever happen to him. My bed would seem very empty indeed without Paddie. No, not just my bed. My life. Mary Gillian Notzon, Westminster
Image caption
Elyn and her husband, and their stuffed counterparts
For the last 12 years, my husband and I have shared the attentions of a French teddy bear named Arthur and his matching companion, a floppy-eared bunny named Camila. She's a true material girl, with wardrobe. He's a wise observer of her foibles. We can always tell who our true friends are because they "get it" about these fuzzy kids - that although not alive, they have been enlivened by affection and interaction. They provide us with comic relief, a bit of psycho-drama and surprising wisdom. They even have their own blog. Elyn Aviva, Girona, Spain
Image caption
Ally with Teddy
My bear was made in about 1946 in the Soviet Occupation Zone of Germany when I was two. My mother made him herself because 1946 were the hunger years there, and goods of any description were non-existent. He is dark red and the material is woollen upholstery velvet, now with a few holes. His arms and legs have been connected to the body with screws. If I ever gave him a name beyond Teddy it has been lost on the long journey from Germany to Australia. Maybe it is time I gave him a proper name - better late than never. Ally Hauptmann-Gurski, Adelaide, Australia
Image caption
Heather with Frank
I have a small brown bear, Frank by name. He is so called because he is an earnest, honest, upright bear. He was given to me by a friend, as a promise that he would come home to me - and Frank. Frank had looked after my friend when his life went wrong. My friend never came home, he went to France and found someone else. Now Frank and I look after each other and we go everywhere together. Frank is a very special wee bear and very knowing. He has a beautiful soul. I will love him always. He is a good listener and he is my best friend. Heather, Rutland
Image caption
Bill Walker and his wife with Edward Erbert Bear
Back in 1968, I bought my then girlfriend a blue teddy from Woolworths. I met a friend and his girlfriend coming out of the shop, and he asked who it was for. When I told him he said, "What a stupid thing to buy a girlfriend." His girl turned on him scornfully and said, "He's lovely. You would obviously never buy me anything nice like that." Edward Erbert Bear (Ted E Bear for short) is still one of my wife's most prized possessions. Bill Walker, PortsmouthMy Big Ted was sent from India where my father was serving during WWII. One night when I was about five, my mother told me I was sobbing for hours before she managed to persuade me to tell her the reason. I confessed that I loved Ted more than Jesus. Coming from a family of devout Christians I must have thought this particularly risky. Ted is still in my bedroom 65 years later and I credit him with my life as a card-carrying atheist. Margaret, Derbyshire
Image caption
Benjamin with his polar bear teddy
I herniated a disc in my lower back in my early 30s and the doctor recommended I purchase one of those long body pillows to help reduce pain while sleeping. The thought depressed me and made me feel old. On a whim I googled "giant teddy bear" and, to my delight, found a website that sold giant teddy bears that were just as long as the body pillow and cost a few dollars less. I've been sleeping with a polar bear ever since. Happy back, happy dreams. Benjamin Dahlbeck, Atlanta, Georgia, US
Image caption
Paula as a child, and Big Ted and Little Ted hanging out to dry
I took my two bears everywhere with me, clinging to them throughout my childhood and always planned to be buried with them in my coffin. They both therefore became very bashed and thin as their stuffing leaked out more and more. The oldest one, Little Ted, was so thin and patched he looked more like a glove puppet. Then disaster struck. Little Ted simply disappeared from my bed. I last saw him one day when I'd gone for a nap with my year-old son. Ted was never seen again. I spent years searching. Finally I came to suspect that my husband had thrown him away, as he was in the habit of throwing away my things if he thought they were worn out. But I was seriously suicidal for a very long time at the loss. He was the one enduring security in my life. I really had to struggle to get a grip on my grief. I wonder if other readers have felt so distraught about the loss of a bear that they too have been plunged in to such despair. Even now, in my 50s, I have to brace myself to think about Little Ted's loss. Apart from that, I'm not too nutty. Paula, Oxford
Image caption
Philip and his bear
My first bear was bought for me by my grandfather. Today that bear has had his missing eyes replaced with buttons, his fur is almost all gone, one ear is ragged and he is all wrinkled through compacted stuffing. I was also given his venerable wife and three others, so I have quite a family of them rapidly approaching pensionable age. Someone once said that if I had to escape the house quickly, I would find time to collect the teddy family and I could not actually deny that. They are very special to me as a link to my past. Philip Meers, Birmingham
Image caption
Ros holding her bear
My bear was already second-hand when he was given to me in 1945. I think he was already 13 years old.
I was an only child and he featured as the hero in all my imaginative games - Prince Charming was a favourite role. Now he has no eyes and not much fur, and his right paw has recently burst open, but he sits upright on a shelf in my study and I love him still. Ros Aitken, RichmondI am 59 and I have a teddy bear which I got as a child. He originally belonged to my brother who died when I was three (my brother was 14). He has never had a name, just Ted. He has seen a lot of wear and tear. His head which used to rotate has been sown back on to the torso twice and he is threadbare with hardly any fur left. I am a 6ft 3in burly Yorkshireman, and I suppose if pushed I might admit that I love this tatty inanimate object, which has been the only consistency throughout my life. He has pride of place sitting on my bedroom windowsill looking out at the world. Somehow it is soothing to know he is still around when everything else has changed. Rob, Hull, East Yorkshire
Image caption
Katie with Nardi
I've had my teddy called Nardi for 48 years. Given to me at birth by my maternal grandmother, he's named after the ice cream parlour Nardini's near Glasgow. I wouldn't be without him. I used to cuddle him tightly at night just in case I was snatched by monsters in the night. Then at least I'd have him with me to help me get home. Katie Bell, GlasgowI'm 57 and still have my childhood bears, along with many others that have moved in with us over the years. Another moved in yesterday. It's somewhere around 150 in total now. They are loyal friends. Jonathan Pope, Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Image caption
Laura and her collection of teddies
My partner and I have 17 teddy bears which we've collected over the last five years, one of whom is my partner's best friend and has been since he was 18 months old. Our teddies are a huge part of our lives. They travel the world with us and I couldn't "bear" to leave any of them at home. Laura, Exeter, Devon
Where are you, McCluskey?Mark Leigh
I miss my teddy bear. He was called McCluskey and I'd had him since I was a baby. When I was 19 I asked my Mum where McCluskey was and she told me she'd given him to a kid down the street. The boy was about 12, who I can't imagine wanted a teddy. My Mum said his Dad had left him and she felt sorry for him. I had no Dad either but, whereas this kid had a room full of toys, I'd had virtually none. I went round to their house a few times to get McCluskey but they weren't in and then I found out they'd moved away. I think of McCluskey in that kid's house, not being loved like I loved him, and sat on a shelf or in a box, or even discarded. I'm 58 now and still think of McCluskey every time I see a teddy bear. Where are you, McCluskey? Mark Leigh, BoltonYou can follow the Magazine on
Share this story
Top Stories
Elsewhere on the BBC
Nine of the biggest clichés in pop music
我的图书馆
2013全国中考英语真题精选汇编-阅读理解之完成句子及表格
So music education is much more necessary than people generally realize.
Title: Music education is of great &36& &
36. importance& 37. values&& 38. goes&& 39. express& 40.different&
【2013湖北随州】B.
Traveling to all corners of the world gets easier and easier. We live in a global village, but this doesn’t mean that we all behave in the same way.
How should we behave when you meet someone for the first time? An American shakes your hand firmly while looking you straight in the eye. In Thailand, people greet each other by pressing both hands together at the chest.
Many countries have rules about what you should and shouldn’t wear. In Muslim countries, women should wear long blouses and skirts .In Korea, you should take off your shoes when entering a house. Remember to place then neatly together where you came in.
&& In Spain, many people eat a light breakfast and a late dinner. In Mexico, lunch is the time to relax, and many people prefer not to discuss business as they eat .In Britain, it’s not unusual to have a business meeting over breakfast.
Good Manners
Shaking hands firmly
65.___________________
Muslim countries
66.___________________
Taking off your shoes at the door
67.___________________
Relaxing while having
68.___________________
65. Greeting each other by pressing both hands together at the chest
66. Women wearing long blouses and skirts
67. Eating a light breakfast and a late dinner
68. Not having a business meeting over breakfast.
In France, lunch is an important meal of the day. Students can get lunch at school or go home for lunch. Lunch is one to two hours long. Teachers always tell the students to take time to taste the food and enjoy their meals. Students have to pay for the cafeteria lunch. They have to pay for half, and the school pays for the other half.
Usually, lunch has vegetables, salad, meat, fish, eggs, bread, noodles, rice, soup, fruit and ice-cream. The school sends one week’s menu to students’ parents and the menu is different each day. But the lunch must have vegetables, fish and eggs. And each student can have five dishes for lunch. Becky is a French student and she always has lunch at school. She thinks the cafeteria lunch
French School Lunch
Time for having dinner
Students spend 6. ______ hours having lunch.
Students have lunch in cafeteria.
Students have to pay for 8. ______and the school pays for the other half.
Lunch has vegetables, salad, meat, fish, eggs, bread, noodles, ricesoup, 9. _______ and ice-cream.
Most students in Becky’s school enjoy 10. ______ at school.
&6. one to two 7. Place 8. half 9. fruit 10. having lunch
Do you need useful and interesting books? Here we've got plenty for you.
Best Learners
This book can give you the answers to the questions most often asked by parents, teachers and students themselves. Read this book and learn:
●What the three difficulties in study are and what to do with them.
&●What to do if you are not interested in a subject you are studying.
&●Twenty-six simple exercises to help you study easily and fast.
You will get more from this book. For younger students, you can buy Learn in Study for Beginners. It is easier to understand.
How to Keep Pets
A pet can be our best friend. Do you have pets in your house? Are they in good shape? This book not only offers you many colorful pictures of lovely pets, but also provides you with the knowledge about:
&●How to choose right pets for yourself.
&●How to build houses or nests () for your pets.
&●How to feed the pets and how to keep them clean.
Buy this book and you will learn more
We have many other books on sale. For more information enter www.knowbetter. com. If you buy two or more books at a time, you'll get 10% off.
66.dealBest learnersWhat the three difficulties in study are and what to do with them.do withdeal
67.interestedWhat to do if you are not interested in a subject you are studying.Be interested in …interested
68.healthy / keep / stay healthy…you should feed them and keep them clean.healthy / keep / stay healthy
69.“Learn to Study for Beginners”You will get more from this book. For younger students, you can buy Learn in Study for Beginners. It is easier to understandLearn in Study for BeginnersLearn in Study for Beginners
70.need / want to get / ask for…We have many other books on sale. For more information enter www.knowbetter.www.knowbetterneed / want to get / ask for
201362-7162-71
Sue can Jim were neighbours for five years but they were never interested in each other. Then one day, Sue saw Jim’s music collection. She noticed a rare punk rock CD that she also owned. At that moment, she realized that they both had the same interest in music and they started talking. Sue said, “I thought we had nothing in common () until I saw his CD by the New York Dolls.” They are now married and living with each other.
Some psychologists ()think that your taste in music is related to your personality. As part of a test at the University of Texas, Austin, USA, volunteers created a CD of their favorite songs. The volunteers then listened to each other’s CDs and made guesses about the CD creator’s personality —outgoing, adventurous, happy, and so on. These strangers correctly guessed much more about each other’s personalities through their CDs than through their clothes or taste in films. For example, Sue and Jim love punk music, which means they have outgoing personalities.
The psychologists who did the test found Snoop Dogg (hip-hop) fans are likely to be energetic and talkative. People who like U2 (rock/pop music) are generally independent and adventurous.
The psychologists also found that Louis Armstrong (jazz) fans tend to () be serious and intelligent while fans of classical music are also likely to enjoy jazz music and tend to be shy. The psychologists were surprised to find that rap and heavy metal fans were also shier and quieter than many other music lovers.
62. personality&& 63. taste&& 64. less&& 65. likely&& 66. likes&&
67. serious&& 68. surprising&& 69. example&& 70. Though/Although
71.between&& 72.advantages&& 73. importance& 74.clear&&& 75.finished
According to a new survey, student safety has become a big problem. Now in many big cities of China, many schools start a new lesson: self-protection. Students like this lesson because there are no exams or boring classes. And they can learn how to save lives and know how to stop danger before it really happens.
Lin Li, a teacher from Yantai, gives young students advice on how to deal with danger.
If you are in a traffic accident
If a car hurts you, you should remember the car number. If it is a bicycle, try to call your parents before you let the rider go. This is because you don’t know how seriously you are hurt.
If it is raining hard and there is lightning
Don’t stay in high places and stay away from trees.
When there is a fire
Get away as fast as you can. Put wet things on your body and try to find an exit. Do not take the lift.
If someone is drowning
If you can’t swim, don’t get into the water. Cry out for help.
Remember that danger is never as far away as you think. Take care of yourself at all times!
If you are robbed
Keep calm. If you cannot cry for help or run away, give the robber your money. Try to remember what the robber looks like and tell the police later.
56. (Students)(Student) Self-protection/Students’(Student) safety./How to deal with danger“______”“many schools start a new lesson-self-protection”“gives young students some advice on how to deal with danger.”
57. Traffic accident(s). “What to do”“If hit by a car”“If hit by a bike”
58. remember the car number “If you are in a traffic accident”“If a car hits you, you should remember the car number.”shoud=be supposed to
59. exit “When there is a fire”“Put we things on your body and try to find and exit.”
60. appearance/look(s)/face“If you are robbed”“Try to remember what the robber looks like and tell the police later.”appearance/look(s)/face
&&&&&&&&&&& surveyself-protectiondeal withget away as fast as you cancry out for helptake care ofrun away
1. This is because you don’t know how serious you are hurt. becausehow serious you are hurtknow
2. If you can not cry for help or run away, give the robber your money.
startstop dangersome advicestay awayhappentry to do sth.stay away fromlook like
Many people believe that life has smiled to Yang Mi: at the age of 4, she got her first TV at 16, she became a model fo at 18, she went to her dream college —— Beijing Film Academy. Last year, the 24-year-old actress played bad girl Luo Qingchuan in the time-travelling TV play, Palace. The play became a big success and made Yang very famous.
Could she be any luckier? Yang doesn’t think luck had anything to do with her success. “Every chance is gained ( from the efforts I’ve made,” said Yang. People now think she’s very hard-working. She still remembers the time when people gave her the cold eyes. Some treated her with little respect. They didn’t want to help her in her time of need. “I have to thank them because they gave me the drive to prove myself,” she said.& That’s why she is glad to help others when they are in need. This year, Yang became the ambassador() for the Climate Group. She calls on people to join the Million-Miracle project and plant trees on China’s dry land. Together we’ll fight the bad weather!
77. worked
“at 16, she became a model fo”
78. famous&
“Last year, the 24-year-old actress played bad girl Luo Qingchuan in the time-travelling TV play, Palace. The play became a big success and made Yang very famous.”
80. is (very) hard-working./ works (very) hard./makes efforts. / has made efforts
56. Reason(s)& 57. provide& 58. Before& 59. remember& 60. Prepare/Ready
61. Listen& 62. include& 63. quickly& 64. answer&& 65. teacher’s
Have you ever wondered what an American high school is really like? This article will describe a typical () high school and its students.
A typical American high school has several large buildings and enough space for about 1,500 students. Every student is given a locker. When students first arrive at school, they go straight to their lockers to put away or get their textbooks and to hang up their outdoor clothes. As American textbooks are expensive, students would rather loan () than buy them. Students must pay back if they lose any of them.
American students have different types of school transport. They usually take a yellow school bus or walk to school if they live close enough. Sometimes their parents drive them to school. When they turn 16 years of age, most take a free driving class at school for one term. If students earn passing grades in the class and also pass their state driver’s exam, they can begin driving themselves to school.
Each day, students take six or seven classes. They must take science, math, English and social studies. They can choose art, homemaking, fashion design and other classes. In some schools students are required to take one or more of the following special classes: health education, physical education or foreign language studies. Students move to different classrooms for each subject. This is because each teacher has their own classroom. There is a five-minute break between classes, to give the students the time to hurry to their next class.
The regular school day usually ends early in the afternoon. After school more than half of the students are involved in after-school activities. These activities include sports- especially football, basketball, baseball and soccer or clubs, such as yearbook, speech, school newspaper, photograph or student government.
Title: &46 &in an American High School
46. life&&&&& 47. students&&& 48. outdoor&&& 49. buying&&&&&& 50. School
51.parents&&& 52. drive&&&&& 53. special&&& 54. different&&&&& 55. part
Many of us have ever loved the two toy bears—a brown Teddy bear and a yellow Winnie-the-Pooh bear. The two toy bears come from real stories in life.
In 1902, Theodore Roosevelt, President of the USA, went on hunting. The hunting dogs found and old bear in the forest near Washington D.C. and the guide asked the president to shoot() it. But President Roosevelt disagreed. A cartoonist() drew a cartoon showing that the president refused to shoot the bear. Soon, the bear began to appear in other newspapers. People named the bear Teddy which was Theodore’s nickname().
In 1913, a captain named Harry Colebourn paid 20 dollars for a black bear which was born in the Canadian countryside. The captain’s hometown, Winnipeg, was the origin() of the bear’s name. In Winnipeg, Winnie served as the mascot(). When World War I began, the captain went to France. Winnie was sent to London Zoo which many kids often visited. Because of its lovely look, the bear became popular with children.
86._____ 87._____ 88._____ 89._____ 90._____
86. Bears The two toy bears come from real stories in life.
87.earlierIn 1902,Theodore Roosevelt, President of the USA… In 1913, a captain named Harry Colebourn paid 20 dollars for a black bear…11
88.Canada In 1913, a captain named Harry Colebourn paid 20 dollars for a black bear which was born in the Canadian countryside.
89.hometown The captain’s hometown, Winnipeg, was the origin()of the bear’s name.
90.agree …and the guide asked the president to shoot() it. But President Roosevelt disagreed.
59. years 60. exciting 61. beach 62. talking 63. amazing 64. PE 65. boring 66. never 67. attracted 68. more
Online, English has become a common language for users from all over the world. In the process, the language itself is changing.
There are now about 4, 500 million web pages around the world. Some people say that within& 10 years people will use English widely on the Internet, but in forms it is very different from what we accept and know as English today. Why?
That's because more people now speak English as a second language. And they use it to communicate with other non&native speakers, especially on the Internet where they pay little attention to grammar and spelling.
“The Internet gives non-native speakers more freedom to use English in important and meaningful ways, ” says Bill Smith, a professor of language at American University in Washington D. C.
Internet users already create a number of different “Englishes” like Hinglish(Indian English), Spanglish(Spanish English) and Konlish(Korean English). Though these different forms have been there within different cultures, they are now going far and wide online.
Some words are taken from traditional English. “Blur”(“not clear” or “slow”), for example, is often used in Singlish (Singaporean English), Some English words are put together to make something new. In Chinglish(Chinese English), “long time no see” means “have not seen you for a long time”.
“In fact, most people speak different languages—it's less common to speak only one, ” says Mr Smith. English has become the world's language, but it's not pushing out other languages. Instead, other languages are pushing their into English, and in the process, creating something new.
26. English has become a ________ for Internet users around the word, and in the process, the language itself ________.
27. Though English will ________ on the Internet within 10 years, yet it is different from English today ________.
28. On the Internet, non&native speakers ________ to grammar and spelling, and they have ________ to use English in important and meaningful ways.
29. “Blur” is taken from ________ while “long time no see” is made ________ some English words together.
30. In the passage, ________ kind of “Englishes” are talked about, and online English users from different cultures will continue to ________.
26. is changing&& 27. be widely used tha& as English 28.
more freedom&&& 29. E by or from putting&
30. to push their way into English, and in the process, creating something new.
Happiness is for everyone. You don’t need to care about those people who have beautiful houses with large gardens and swimming pools or those who have nice cars and a lot of money and so on.
In fact, happiness is always around you if you put your heart into it. When you are in trouble at school, your f when you study hard on your lessons, your parents are always taking good care of your
when you get success, your friends will say congratulations to you. And when you do something good to others, you will feel happy, too. All these are your happiness. If you notice a bit of them, you can see that happiness is always around you.
Happiness is not the same as money. It is a feeling of your heart. When you are poor, you can also say you are very happy, because you have something else that can’t be bought with money. So you can’t always say you are poor and you have bad luck. As the saying goes, life is like a revolving () door, when it closes, it also opens. If you take every chance you get, you can be a happy and lucky person.
Fill in the blanks according to the passage. Only one word for each blank.
Everyone (76) ______ happiness. In fact, happiness is always around you. When you are in
trouble at school, your f when you study hard on your lessons, your parents
are always (77) ______ after your life
when you (78) ______, your friends
will say congratulations to you. All these are your happiness.
Happiness is (79) ______ from money. It’s a feeling of your heart. (80) ______&&&&& you take
every chance you get, you can’t have happiness.
76. has 77. looking 78. succeed 79. different 80. Unless
Helen Keller was a very bright and beautiful girl. At the age of sic months, she could already way a few words. But before she was two years old, she was hit by serious illness. She could not see or hear, and soon she could not talk. When she was six, her parents invited a teacher for her hands. She learned to read books for the blind people. She also leaned to swim and ride a horse. After she grew up, she became a famous writer in America. Her first and most famous book is The story of my life. Her story has brought hope to many blind and deaf people. It encouraged them to live and work.
Fill in the blanks according to the passage. Only one word for each blank.
When Helen Keller was a &&&&(71)&&& baby, she could already say a few words. But then she was badly &&&&(72)&&&& . She could neither see nor hear and soon she could not talk. When she was six, a teacher came to her. The teacher &&&(73 ) &her feel the world around her through her hands. After &&(74)& up, she became famous as a writer. Many blind and deaf people were hopeful and encourage to live and work &&&&(75)&& &of her story.
Helen Keller
(D) 71. six-month –old& 72. ill/ sick& 73. helped. taught&& 74. growing& 75. because&
A few days ago, I ran into()a stranger as he passed by. I said sorry to him and he said, “Excuse me too, 1was’t even watching for you.” We were very polite, this stranger and I . Then we went on our way after saying goodbye.
Later in the kitchen at home, as I cooked our meal, my daughter Betty walked up to me, very quietly. When I turned around(), I nearly knocked her down. “Get out of the way!” I shouted angrily. She ran away, crying.
That night, when I lay in bed, my husband said to me, “You were so rude to Betty. Go and look around on the kitchen floor, and you’ll find some flowers there. Betty brought those for you. She picked them herself—pink, yellow, and your favourite blue.”
When l heard this, I thought deeplyWhile meeting with a stranger, I was calm and politebut with my daughter, I was not patient(). I felt sad and tears began to fall.
I quietly went to Betty’s bed, “Wake up, my dear,” I said, “Are these the flowers you picked for me.” She smiled, “I found them by the tree. l knew you’d like them, especially the blue.” I said, “I am so sorry that I treated()you anyway today.” And she whispered(), “Mommy, that’s okay—I still love you anyway.” I kissed her and said, “I love you too and I do love the flowers.”
That day Betty gave me a lesson on how to get along with each other in the family. I spent much time on work before and didn’t realize how important family life was. I decided to do better in the future.
76. The writer ______ to a stranger when she ran into him.
77. When the writer nearly knocked Betty down, she ______ at her.
78 .The writer’s ______ told her Betty had picked those flowers for her
79. The writer felt sad and began to cry because______.
80.'The writer decided to______.
76. said sorry A few days ago, I ran into()a stranger as he passed by. I said sorry to him
77. shouted angrily
When I turned around(), I nearly knocked her down. “Get out of the way!” I shouted angrily.
78. husband That night, when I lay in bed, my husband said to me,…and you’ll find some flowers there. Betty brought those for you.
79. She didn't treat Betty well. I said, “I am so sorry that I treated()you anyway today.”
Or: She was not patient (with Betty).& but with my daughter, I was not patient. I felt sad and tears began to fall.
Or: She was rude (to Betty). You were so rude to Betty.
80. do better in the future. I decided to do better in the future.
This spring, the H7N9 virus()hit China. This brings the total number of H7N9 cases to 124 in China. So far, 23 people have died.
Most of the patients seemed to have the common flu. Other patients had a fever and cough. They also had trouble breathing.
According to the research, people believe the H7N9 virus was from the farm birds sold at markets and birds flying through China. How can you stay away from it? It’s important to wash your hands a lot every day. You must drink boiled water, cook meat and eggs form birds completely. If you are working with farm birds, keep birds away from areas where you eat or sleep. If someone is ill and has a fever and pain in his throat, you must take him to hospital as soon as possible. Luckily, it seems that the H7N9 virus doesn’t spread from man to man. Scientists said: Most people caught it because they had ever been with animals like chickens and ducks.
2013--- H7N9H7N9
61. have died“So far, 23 people have died.”
62. wash handsIt’s important to wash your hands a lot every day.
63. meat and eggsYou must drink boiled water, cook meat and eggs form birds completely.
64. farm birdspeople believe the H7N9 virus was from the farm birds sold at markets and birds flying through China.
65. to hospitalIf someone is ill and has a fever and pain in his throat, you must take him to hospital as soon as possible.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &Information Card
how to deal with lies, hoaxes () or rumors (),Zhang Wei Chen Ping Xu Yan “”
81. How to deal with lies, hoaxes () or rumors
82. His dog ate his homework.
83. Brain cancer
84. They camped outside their houses and rushed to buy food, water, medicine and so on.
85. They used people’s fear of earthquake to help sell their goods() at higher price.
What do we really mean by being open? Being open is a kind of invitation to others to come in, to speak and to share. It’s important to let others get to know how we think and feel. In this way we will be understood and accepted by others. If we aren’t open with others, we won’t fully believe in ourselves or others.
&&& Here are a few ways for you to be more open. First, make your outside behavior the same as your inside feelings and thoughts. Second, share how you really feel about something instead of just opinions. Thirdtry to change your questions into statements ()and talk in the first person so that people will understand you more easily. For example, you might say, "I feel happy that you’re here.” instead of "Are you glad that you’re here? Finally, try not to say, “I don’t know.” This usually means I don’t want to think about it any more.
Remember also that it is not suitable to be open with everyone in every situation. You may want to be more open with close friends, but not with people you don’t know well, because you’re not sure how someone else will use what they know about you. Besides, some people may not be used to too much openness. If we say everything we feel and think to them, they will feel very uncomfortable at times.
In all, being open is a good way for us to get on well with other people, we’d better keep the balance between being open and not being too open.
81. share& 82. accept& 83. ourselves& 84. the same as& 85.easily& 86. uncomfortable
81. share “Being open is a kind of invitation to others to come in, to speak and to share.”“…”
82. accept B“In this way we will be understood and accepted by others.”
83. ourselves“If we aren’t open with others, we won’t fully believe in ourselves or others.”
84. the same as; “ First, make your outside behavior the same as your inside feelings and thoughts.”
85. easily; “Thirdtry to change … so that people will understand you more easily..”
86. uncomfortable; “If we say everything we feel and think to them, they will feel very uncomfortable at times..”
2013What do we really mean by being open? Being open is a kind of invitation to others to come in, to speak and to share. It’s important to let others get to know how we think and feel. In this way we will be understood and accepted by others. If we aren’t open with others, we won’t fully
believe in ourselves or others.
&&& Here are a few ways for you to be more open. First, make your outside behavior the same as
your inside feelings and thoughts. Second, share how you really feel about something instead of just opinions. Third try to change your questions into statements()and talk in the first person so that people will understand you more easily. For example, you might say, "I feel happy that you’re here.” instead of "Are you glad that you’re here? Finally, try not to say, “I don’t know.” This usually means I don’t want to think about it any more.
Remember also that it is not suitable to be open with everyone in every situation. You may want to be more open with close friends, but not with people you don’t know well, because you’re not sure how someone else will use what they know about you. Besides, some people may not be used to too much openness. If we say everything we feel and think to them, they will feel very uncomfortable at times.
In all, being open is a good way for us to get on well with other people, we’d better keep the balance between being open and not being too open.
81. share 82. accept 83. ourselves 84. the same as 85.easily 86. uncomfortable
81. share “Being open is a kind of invitation to others to come in, to speak and to share.”“…”
82. accept B“In this way we will be understood and accepted by others.”
83. ourselves“If we aren’t open with others, we won’t fully believe in ourselves or others.”
84. the same as; “ First, make your outside behavior the same as your inside feelings and thoughts.”
85. easily; “Thirdtry to change … so that people will understand you more easily..”
86. uncomfortable; “If we say everything we feel and think to them, they will feel very uncomfortable at times..”
A life coach is somebody who helps you reach all kinds of personal and professional goals () . Each of us has the ability to be our own life coach. Here are some tips for you:
Pay attention to your relationships with others
Ask yourself the following questions: How do you deal with disagreements? When was the last time you showed your family members that you care for them? Your relationships with friends, family members and teachers show a lot about the kind of person you are.
Face the fears about the future
Now, imagine that one of your good friends told you that he or she was not strong enough to go back to school. 83 We often give better advice than we are willing to take ourselves. Remember that even the most successful people were probably told that what they wanted to do was impossible, but they followed their dreams and succeed.
Develop your talents
If you want to reach your goals, you will have to spend more time developing the talents you already have, and uncovering any hidden talents that you haven't discovered yet. So you can take classes in subjects that you are interested in, even if you have no experience.
Be thankful
Take some time to be thankful for the things you do have. Remember positive memories.84 Think of the best dav(s) you have had in the past month or year. Remember special parties, vacations and holidays. Appreciate the wonderful people you have in your life.
81. Which tip do you think influences you most?
84. ____________________________________________________________________________
85. ____________________________________________________________________________
81. Pay attention to your relationships with others. / Face the fears about the future. / Develop your talents. / Be thankful.
82. Because your / our / my relationships with others / friends, family members and teachers show a lot about the kind of person you / we are /I am.
85. To be your own life coach / Being your own life coach / How to be your own life coach / The tips / suggestions of being your own life coach
& (B) 2013
&Music touches our hearts and shortens() the distance between people of different countries. The super star Jay Chou has cooperated with the American NBA star Kobe Bryant to create a song named The Heaven and Earth Challenge. That’s a song written by Jay Chou whose favorite sport is basketball. It expresses the love for basketball. And it encourages young people to be more confident. Jay Chou has learned much from Kobe’s sports spirit. In the song, Jay Chou does most of the singing part while Kobe plays a part of a rapper(). People can download the ring tone() of the song from the Internet. All the money from the downloads will go to Project Hope, which aims to improve educational environment in poor areas in China.
&&& 61. ________&&& 62. ________&&& 63. ________&&& 64. ________&&& 65. ________
66. d________&&space between two points or places
67. e________&& give confidence or hope to somebody
Jay Chou has learned much from Kobe’s sports spirit.
Jay Chou has learned68._____ 69._____from Kobe’s sports spirit.
70. What does the song express?
&& _________________________________________
61. those& 62. best& 63. Keeping& 64. regularly& 65. photos
66. distance& distance
67. encourageencourage
69. lot a lot much
70. The love for basketball. It expresses the love for basketball.
As teenagers, you have many dreams. These dreams can be very big. Such as winning the Nobel Prize, or they can be small, you may just want to because the best student in your class. Once you find a dream, what do you do with it? Do you ever try to make your dream ①real?
Andrew Matthews, an Australian writer tells us that making our dreams real is life’s biggest②challenge. You may think you’re not very good at some school subjects or ③&&&&&&&&&& is impossible for you to become a writer. These kinds of thoughts stop you from getting your dream. In fact, everyone can make his dream come true. The first thing you must do is to remember what your dream is. Don’t let it leave your heart. Keep telling yourself what you want. Do this step by step and your dream will come true faster because a big dream is made up of many small dreams.
&& You must also never give up your dream. There will be difficulties on the road to your dreams. But the biggest difficulty ④comes from yourself. You need to decide what is the most important.
⑤Without dreams, you won’t make up your mind to learn more skills and new interests.
51.①:__________
52.②:__________
53.③:_______________
54.④:______________
_______ you _______have dreams, you won’t make up your mind to learn more skills and find new interests.
Andrew Matthews
51. really 52.
53. it& 54. is from& 55. If, don’t
Andy was still traveling in Spain when he realized he had to confirm () his _______(1) home with the airline company. He was visiting Spain in order to improve his Spanish. When he was speaking to people face to face, he had no difficulty understanding what they said. However, when he was speaking on the phone, he still had a problem. Andy called the airline. And the clerk confirmed that his plane was leaving at nine o'clock three days from that day. She also told Andy to be at the airport two hours earlier in order to check in his luggage and get a seat.
Since he was leaving in three days, Andy didn't lose any time. He visited as many places as he could. He thought that it would probably be a while before he had enough money again. He wished he could come back and spend a year in Spain.
Too quickly, the final day arrived. Andy left early for the airport to arrive two hours before take-off. He hated to rush. He went to the clerk to show his ticket. The clerk looked at the ticket in surprise. "Why, sir, but your flight was at nine o'clock in the morning, and now it is eight in the evening." "But I confirmed my flight," insisted Andy. "Will I have to pay for another ticket?"&
"No, sir. However, the next flight out will be three days from now."&
Andy's _________(2) of shock turned to pleasure as he realized that now he could continue his vacation.
71. (1) __________________&&&&&&&&&&&&& (2) __________________
72. (A) He visited as many places as __________________.
&& (B) From the passage we know Andy could ________________ his holiday.
73. _________________________________________________.
74. Why did the clerk tell Andy to be at the airport a little earlier?
&&&&&& _____________________________________________________.
75. How long was Andy late for the plane that day?
&&&&&& _____________________________________________________.
71. (1) flight& (2) look / with the airline companyflightAndy's ______of shock turned to pleasure as he realized that now he could continue his vacation. ___look /
72. (1) possible& (2) continueHe visited as many places as he could.as…as possiblepossiblehe realized that now he could continue his vacation.continue
73. When he was speaking to people face to face, he had no difficulty understanding what they said.whenwhat they said
74. to check in his luggage and get a seatShe also told Andy to be at the airport two hours earlier in order to check in his luggage and get a seat.to check in his luggage and get a seat
75. (about) 11 hoursyour flight was at nine o'clock in the morning, and now it is eight in the evening.11(about) 11 hours
It’s good to hear from you again. I find that I’m not good at writing compositions. It’s hard for me to prepare the form of a composition and organize sentences. ①Could you tell me how to deal with this problem? I would really appreciate if you offer me some good methods.
Best wishes,
A composition is really a story and any story is told to an audience. There is a form for this and it is in three parts. First, tell them (the audience) what you are going to tell them. Then tell them, and finally tell them what you told them. Parts one and three are short and most of the information is in part two. It works like this.
Let’s say you are asked to write a 200-word composition about your visit to the Great Wall. You would begin with an opening sentence or two saying something like “The Great Wall of China is a national ②landmark that is famous around the world. I visited it last summer and I want to tell you about it.” That uses about 25 words to tell them what you are going to tell them.
The second part would be about 150 words and would contain information about the Great Wall such as how long it is, when it was built, who built it and why, the fact that it is one of the seven wonders of the world and you would talk about how you felt and what you thought when you visited this national treasure. This is telling them.
Finally, you would use about another 25 words to say something like “That was my first visit to the Great Wall and it was a very emotional experience to actually touch something so old and famous. ③.I plan to go back whenever I can.” Here, you are telling them what you told them in the story and wrapping it all up into a neat package. This formula()works for both compositions and speeches and I think you will find it helps to organize your thoughts. I hope it’s helpful.
Best wishes,
Brad Franklin
62. (A) ②landmark
A. work& B. word& C. information& D. world
63. ③___________________.
64. How I wish to get a letter from you soon!
How I wish to _________& _________ you soon!
65. What’s the main idea of the passage?
62. (A) & (B) C
63. Every Chinese should visit the Great Wall at least once.&
64. hear& from
65. How to write a composition/an article?/ The way of writing a composition./ How to prepare the form of a composition and organize sentences.
2013Ⅸ. 5210)
Cyril Dick’s house is neither a modem house nor a house of the future. It is 40 years old. There are more houses like that in the south of France. They are called “bubble houses”and you can see why!
Cyril Dick is a designer and he loves round things. He collects old records and clocks. He also collects round furniture. And now he has a completely round house.
Everything in the “bubble house” is round. The centre of the house is one very big bubble. This is both the living room and dining room. There are round armchairs, a round table, and a big round rug (in front of a round fireplace. Around the living room are three small bubbles. One bubble is a kitchen with round shelves, another bubble is the garden room, and the third bubble is a music room. Upstairs there are two more bubbles—a bedroom and a bathroom.
The doors and windows are also round, of course. The windows are like eyes. There aren’t any curtains ()in the house, because Cyril likes to see the garden all the time.
Bubble houses are the idea of a Hungarian architect ()Antti Lovag.“A lot of modem houses are bad for us, especially tall buildings of flats”says Lovag. ''Because round homes are more natural people feel happy in them.” Cyril agrees with this. “Some people think my house is funny,,9 he says, “but for me, this is the perfect home.”
76“T”“F”77787980
76. You can find more “bubble houses” in the south of France.&& &
77. Cyril Dick is a designer and he loves ________.
78. What is the third bubble around the living room?
79. Everything in the “bubble house” is round.
“Cyril Dick”
&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&Fast Food or Traditional Food
&& It’s OK to eat fast food occasionally but fast food is high in calories (). 101. So, if you often eat a hamburger and chips, you can become fat. You must eat homemade food because it is healthier.
&& Everybody knows that fast food is cheap and quick. However fast food is not as tasty as homemade food. Young people prefer to eat pizzas, hamburgers and French fries, 102. __________________ they should eat soup instead. Fast food companies 103. __________() lots of money in order to make people believe that fast food is cool. The average American eats three hamburgers with French fries a week.
Fatness can lead to other diseases. 104. This is why America is now starting to fight back against the fast food companies. They are stopping serving fast food in school cafeterias and restaurants serving traditional food are opening now.
&&& So, don’t often eat a hamburger and chips, _________ you can easily become fat.
102. 102____________
104. 103__________________________________
105. delicious__________________
101. or or
102. however/but howeverbut
103. spend spend
105. tasty& tasty
2.shopping, match
3.Because they want more kids to learn why math is important in daily life.
4.Visitors can control the robot with the help of match skills.
5. So enjoy match, not for exams, but for the wonderful world it helps with build.
The famous scientist and thinker, Charles Darwin, was born on February 12, 1809. His family lived not far from the River Severn, England.
Charles’ father was a well-known doctor and the son of a still greater doctor and scientist. Charles’ father hoped that his son would also become a doctor.
As a boy, Charles liked to go for walks in the fields and forests. He watched nature, and compared what he saw with everything he had read in science books. He also liked collecting very much. He collected many things, birds, eggs, stones and leaves. His father did not like this, as Charles was not studying very well at school.
①Edinburgh UniversityBut he was interested in the history of nature.
Then he was sent to study in Cambridge University. There he studied until 1831.
Some time later he heard that the ship Beagle was going on a trip to South America and wanted a scientist. His professor advised him to go. He said the trip would be just for Darwin. So when the ship left England in December, 1831, Darwin was on it. The research lasted almost five years. The Beagle studied the waters in the sea near South America. It also visited Zealand, Australia and islands in the Pacific. Darwin saw many new plants and animals. He collected all kinds of plants.
&&&& In 1842 Darwin went to live in Kent, where he continued his studies of change in nature. ②Darwin understood that plants and animals are not always the same, and that they really change.
&&& By 1859 Darwin had finished his famous book "The Origin of Species". It made a great hit in the world of science.③ He was opposed() by the church and even by some scientists. But later, more and more scientists agreed with him.
&&&& Darwin continued his studies in science until he died in 1882.
61. Why didn’t Charles become a doctor?
63. At the age of sixteen./When he was sixteen (years old), Darwin was sent to Edinburgh University (to study) in order to/so as to/to become a doctor(so that/in order that he could become a doctor).
65. were against/disagreed withbe opposed=be against“”
2013 (A-F56-60)
Royal Mail Special Delivery
At the Post Office you can send letters and parcels() in different ways. First-class post takes one to two working days. Second-class post takes two or three working days. And Special Delivery is for important things.
When you send something by Special Delivery, 56_______ first you write the person’s address on the front of the parcel and you address on the back. 57_______ Then you take it to the Post Office. Tell the assistant that you want to use Special Delivery. 58_______ Next show her the address, 59________ and then put the parcel on the scales() so she can weigh it. 60________ Then give the parcel to the assistant, and say how much it is worth. She will check you have put your address on the parcel. Then she will give you a receipt for your parcel. Special Delivery gets there before lunch the next working day.
56. B&&&& 57. F&&&&&& 58. C&&&&& 59. A&&&&& 60. D
ABC71——7374——75
________ 71. A food magazine editor comes to the United States to give birth to a baby and&&&&&& chooses to stay in Seattle because she loves the movie Sleepless in Seattle. The driver who used to be a famous doctor in Beijing meets her at the airport. After a series of ups and downs,
the two fall in love with each other and the editor finds her Mr. Right.
_______ 72. Three Chinese young man, a scientist, a businessman and a tourist, come to the beautiful country, Thailand, for different purposes. They meet one another during their journeys and many interesting funny stories happen among them.
________ 73. A lovely girl of 18 goes to her ideal university to be with a boy she loves, who turns out to go abroad for some reason. Though feeling a little sad and upset, she makes a lot friends and even finds her love. But they break up before graduation, years later, after many twists and turns, as the youth is going by, she is still looking for her true love.
&74. Of the three movies, which would you like to see?
& ___________________________________________________________________
&75. Why do you want to see it?
& __________________________________________________________________.
71. C& 72. A&& 73.& B& 74. & 75.
71. C& Finding Mr. Right C
72. A&& Lost in ThailandA
73.& B& 18 To Our YouthB
74. Lost in Thailand&
75. Because it’s very interesting.
Sometimes the greatest things are invented by mistake. The greatest mistake of all time could be those delicious snacks in your comer drugstore.
One day, a woman was making chocolate cookies. When she ran out of chocolate powder (), she took out a chocolate bar and broke it into little pieces. She added the pieces to her cookie dough () and baked () it. She thought that the chocolate would (1) melt in the oven and make chocolate cookies. Far from melting, the pieces of chocolate stayed hard. When she took them out of the oven, she had chocolate chip cookies!
Another accidental invention was made by Frank Epperson, an eleven-year-old boy. In 1905, Frank sat outside on a winter evening, mixing up a big jug () of powdered soda pop. Frank accidentally left the jug out during the night. When he went outside the next morning, he found the mixture in the jug frozen () with the mixing stick stuck in the middle. Frank pulled out the frozen pop and tasted it. It was delicious! Frank started selling Epperson Icicles for 5 cents each. He later changed the name to (2) Popsicles.
So, the next time you drop your hamburger into your ice cream or your cooked potatoes into your chicken soup, don't worry! Some of the most delicious foods in the world were invented that way!
& (l) melt(1)
A. change into water&&&&&& &&&& B. change into ice
3.&&&&& Finally bake it.
(2) Popsicles2
&&&&&&&&&&&& ____________________________________________________________
&&&&&& &&&&&&____________________________________________________________
Frank EppersonPopsicles
&&&&&&& 1. break it into little pieces& 2. the pieces to the cookie dough
&&&&&&& frozen pop Epperson Icicles
&&&&&&& Sometimes the greatest things are invented by mistake.
is a compound word made from “picture” and “telegram”. Pictograms are usually simple pictures, and they are often made with letters and words. A pictogram is a symbol which represents an idea or an object through an image (). Also, it is a kind of communication system which must be learned but is very useful in our lives. The user must learn to see, understand remember the different pictogram symbols. There are about 1,400 different symbols at the present time. A Canadian named Subhas Maharaj came up with the idea for pictograms in the beginning of the 1980s. At first, pictograms were introduced to help people who had disabilities in speaking, reading, or writing. Pictograms are images of objects that are easy to see and create. Today, pictograms arc used in many different ways. For example, there are traffic, recycling and restaurant signs, even animal symbols and so on. Pictograms arc usually in white against a black background. The combination of white against a black background creates extremely contrast (), and this makes pictograms friendlier to users. A good example of a pictogram is the public toilet symbols for “men” and “women, just like the one on the left. Pictograms are a useful method of communication, and people can have fun as they learn each pictogram.
recycle ______&& traffic ______& restaurant ______& animal ______
Pictograms are usually simple pictures, and they are often made with letters and words. 2
Pictogram——
recycleC& trafficD& restaurantA& animalB
&&&&&&& To help people who had disabilities in speaking, reading, or writing.&
&&&&&&& Pictograms are a useful method of communication, and people can have fun as they learn each pictogram.
2013III.A-D75(210)
&&&& Chinese space lover Wang Yuan has been chosen as one of the volunteers for the Mars-500 test project. _____71______ Another five volunteers are all space lovers. They are three Russiansan Italy-Colombian and a Frenchman. They will feel what it's like to travel to Mars without leaving the earth. During the whole process()they are locked up for one and a half years under the condition which is similar to the red planet. So the experiment is called Mars-500.
&&&& _____72______ Although the volunteers won't leave the buildingthey will feel as if()they are on a real trip to Mars. The most difficult thing is that they will be separated from the people outside. _____73______ That will be hard. When reporters asked what they would miss most during the 500-day special lifeCharles from France said“For meit will be mainly my familythe sun and fresh air.”
&&&& The main task is to study “Man and Environment” It will care about the astronauts' physical effects and the experience of staying there. _____74______ So they will have to make decisions by themselves and then report to the earthand the earth will tell them whether they do the right thing or not.
Each astronaut is preparing for the great challenge. And people are looking forward to the result of the experiment.
A. Everyone will stay and work there alone.
B. For 18 months, they won't see sunsets or sunrises.
C. The Mars-500 test will be in a special building in Moscow.
D. He was very happy to be chosen and will accept the challenge.
75. According to the passage, which of the following is TRUE?
A. Five space lovers were chosen as volunteers.
B. The Mars-500 test will take place in Paris
C. The volunteers will face many sorts of difficulties
D. The Mars-500 test is about a real trip to Mars.
71-75 DCBAC
2013I.(10)(210)
When we got to the hospitalwe found Dad still coughed a lotbut his smile was as sure as ever. It was another attack of pneumonia().My husband and I stayed with him for the weekendbut we had to go back to our jobs on Monday. Local relatives would help Dad get home from the hospital and look after him. But I wanted to let him know that we also cared about himeven when we weren't with him.
Then I remembered a family tradition when our children were small. Before leaving their grandparents' home after a visiteach child would write a love note to their grandparents. For daystheir grandparents would smile as they read these notes of love.
So when I cleaned Dad's kitchen and made the bed for him, I wrote some notes. Some were like this“DadI put the food in the fridge. “Some expressed my love“DadI hope you will sleep well in your new bed.” Most notes were put downstairs he would stay for several weeks when he was. But I put one note upstairs under his pillow(), “If you have found this note, you must be feeling better. We are so glad!"
These notes helped improve his health. Several weeks later, in one of our regular phone calls, I asked Dad how he was doing. He said, "Pretty good. I just found your note under my pillow upstairs! "
106. The writer's father was __________ and was sent to __________.
107. The writer __________ to her job after she stayed with her father for the __________.
108. It was a family __________ for the children to write love __________ to their grandparents.
109. The writer did the __________ thing as her children to __________ about her father.
110. A few weeks later, when the writer heard her father's __________, she knew he felt much __________.
106. ill/sickhospital 107. returne

我要回帖

更多关于 we are bears壁纸 的文章

随机推荐