my shoes ( )i can swim very fastdirty. what can i do ?括号中填什么?

扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
“what you ( )”my landlady asked 括号中应填如动词的什么形式?I carried my bags into the hall.“what you ( )(do)”my landlady asked .“ I am ( )(leave)”Ianswered.“Why you ( )(leave)?” she asked .这几个括号里应该怎么填?为什么?那语序不是有问题呢?那要怎样解释呢?ps:本题是新概念第二册第二课的exercise
作业帮用户
扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
are doingleavingare leaving如果语序没问题只能是这样了……结合语境只能这样填了~
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
1 are doing
2 leaving 3 are leaving
如果没有要求一空一词就这样填..过去进行时.初3还是初2有学!!
doleavingleave对话里面的时态都应该用现在式,第一个用一般式,第二个有be,所以用ving ,第三个用一般式 ( by the way , 不要理ls的!如果第一句真是用进行时,那也是 what are you doing , 不是他说的 what you are doing 。所以他在farting ~)
do leaving leave第一个用一般现在时 没有be所以用一般现在时第二个用现在进行时 有be在前第三个与第一个一样
扫描下载二维码语法-工作总结范文网
全站搜索:
您现在的位置:&>&&>&法语学习
第一章 1.1 词类
词类与句子成分
英语单词可以分为下列十类:
有很多英语单词可以用作不同的词类?例如 close 一词: Did you close all the windows? (动词) 你把所有的窗户都关上了吗? At the close of the party there were few guests who weren’t drunk. (名词) 宴会结束时,没醉的客人廖廖无几? We kept a close watch on the prisoners. (形容词) 我们严密地看守犯人? Tom followed close behind him. (副词) 汤姆紧紧地跟在他后面?
1.2 句子成分 句子(Sentences)由主语?谓语?宾语?补语?表语?定语?同位语?状语等成分构成 ? 1.2.1 主语 主语说明句子说的是谁或什么事物 , 通常由名词 ?代词或起名词作用的词 ?短 语或从句担任?例如: The girl laughed. 那个女孩笑了? He is talking with his friend. 他正在和他的朋友谈话? Seeing is believing. (To see is to believe.) 眼见为实? 1.2.2 谓语 谓语是用来说明主语的动作或状态等情况?谓语主要由动词或动词短语担任, 或由系动词加表语构成?例如: He bought an English-Chinese dictionary yesterday. 昨天他买了一本英汉词典? She is a teacher. 她是一个教师? 1.2.3 表语 表语同系动词一起构成复合谓语 ,表示主语的身份 ?特征或性质 ?表语一般由 名词?形容词?副词或起相同作用的其它词?短语或从句担任?例如: Mr. Scott is a farmer. 斯科特先生是农民? The report sounds true. 报导听起来是真实的? 常见的连系动词有 be, become, look seem, appear, grow, turn,get, fall, go, come, run, remain stay keep 等? 1.2.4 宾语 宾语是动作的承受者,它通常由名词?宾格代词或起相同作用的其它词?短语或 从句担任?例如: I don’t know the word. 我不认识这个词? Did he agree to take us there? 他同意把我们带到那去吗? 在介词后面与介词构成介词短语的成分称之为介词宾语?例如: They have bought some new chairs for the office. 他们为办公室买了几把新椅子? 1.直接宾语和间接宾语 英语中大多数及物动词只跟一个宾语 ,只有部分及物动词可跟双宾语,即直接 宾语和间接宾语?例如: He writes me a letter every month. 他每月都给我写信? 当动词后面有两个宾语时,往往一个指物,一个指人?指物的叫直接宾语(如上 句中的 a letter),指人的叫间接宾语(如上句中的 me)?间接宾语常常可以和介词 to 或 for 构成介词短语,放在直接宾语之后?例如: He teaches French to us. 他教我们法语? Please get a clean spoon for me. 请给我拿一个干净的汤匙? 2.同源宾语 同源宾语是指宾语是与动词同源的名词?例如:
He lived a hard life then. 那时他过着艰苦的生活? 又如:to die a heroic death 英勇牺牲 to sleep a sound sleep 酣睡一觉 to smile a sweet smile 甜蜜地一笑 to dream a beautiful dream 做个美梦 to laugh a hearty laugh 开心地一笑 3.复合宾语 复合宾语由宾语加宾语补足语构成?可作宾语补足语的有名词?形容词?副词? 不定式?分词?介词短语等?例如: We call him Bill. 我们叫他比尔? We asked him to come to our factory. 我们叫他到我们厂里来? I heard her singing. 我听见她在唱歌? I regard him as my brother. 我把他当作我的兄弟? 1.2.5 定语 定语用来修饰名词或代词,一般由形容词?代词?名词?数词或起相同作用的其它 词?短语或从句担任?例如: Henry is an honest man. 亨利是个诚实的人? There is no money available for research. 没有供研究用的钱? I have something important to tell you. 我有重要的事对你说? 1.2.6 同位语 同位语通常是用一个名词(或代词)或名词性词语,放在另一个名词(或代词)之 后,用来对前者做进一步的说明,他们之间的关系是同位关系?这样的说明词语称作 同位语?同位语在一定程度上起着定语作用?例如: My friend Peter wants to learn how to dance. 我的朋友彼得想学跳舞? 上句是紧密的同位语,也有松散的同位语?例如: The man, my uncle, drives a red sportscar. 那个人,我的叔叔,驾驶一辆红色的赛车? 1.2.7 状语 状语用来修饰动词?形容词?副词?介词短语或整个句子?状语由副词?介词短词 ?分词和分词短语?动词不定式?名词?形容词?从句或复合结构(独立主格结构)担任 ?例如: He works hard at his lessons. 他努力学习功课? Come this way, please. 请这边来? He opened the door with a special key. 他用一把特制的钥匙打开了门? I am glad to hear it. 听到此事我很高兴? Having finished his homework, he went out to play. 做完了作业,他出去玩了? 1.状语的种类
①时间状语 He is to fly to London the day after tomorrow. 他后天要飞往伦敦? ②地点状语 The meeting was held in Shanghai. 会议是在上海举行的? ③方式状语 The workers there are paid by the week, not by the month. 那里的工人按周开支,不按月? ④程度状语 He loves his son very much. 他非常爱他的儿子? ⑤目的状语 We do it in this way so as to save time. 为了省时间,我们用这种方法做? ⑥原因状语 Because of the warm and sunny weather, oranges grow very well here. 因为这里气候温暖,阳光充足,所以这里柑橘长得非常好? ⑦结果状语 He returned home to find his father dead. 他回到家发现父亲死了? They are too young to join the army. 他们年龄太小,还不能参军? ⑧条件状语 Without plants, animals could not live in the world. 没有植物,动物就不能在世界上生存? ⑨让步状语 In spite of all his efforts, he failed. 他尽管作了一切努力,还是失败了? 2.独立主格结构 它是由一个名词 (或代词 )加上另一个成分构成 ,作状语, 用来表示时间 ?原因 ? 条件?方式?伴随情况或补充说明等? 作状语的独立主格结构主要有下列几种: ①名(代)词+分词 The question (being) settled, we began our work. 问题解决了,我们开始工作? I couldn’t study with the others making so much noise. 其他人喧哗,我不能够学习? ②名(代)词+形容词 His face pale with rage, Borg rose to address the group. 博格起身向大伙讲话,他的脸气得发白? Don’t speak with your mouth full of food. 你满口是饭,不要说话? ③名(代)词+副词 Dinner over, we decided to play bridge.
吃过晚饭后,我们决定打桥牌? With Tom there, I won’t be afraid. 汤姆在那,我就不怕了? ④名(代)+介词短语 He climbed in, sword in hand. 他爬了进来,手拿着剑? The professor came in, with a book in his hand. 教授走进来,手拿一本书? ⑤名(代)词+名词 She talked about her friends, all of them television stars. 她谈论她的朋友,他们都是电视明星? ⑥名(代)词+不定式 With so much work to do, I don’t think I’ll have time to come and see you. 有那么多工作要做,我想我没有时间来看你? 练 习 练习一? 指出下列单词的词类: 1.delightful 2.recognize 3.sight-see 4.alas 5.often 6.with 7.alive 8.willingly 9.billion 10.expect 11.millionth 12.mine 13.abstraction 14.baby-sit 15.kindness 16.clothes 17.playboy 18.expensive 19.because 20.shorten 练习二? 指出下列句中划线单词的词类: 1. Would you like a cup of coffee? 2. What’s the weather like in your hometown? 3. The two sisters are quite like. 4. I can’t do it like you do. 5. You will never see her like again. 6. The ship went down with all in board. 7. They walked down the road. 8. The sun is down. 9. The government easily downed the opposition. 10. We have a down on the guy. 练习三? 指出下列句中划线单词是怎样转化的: 1. You’ll have to book early if you want to see that show. 2. Now, let’s empty our glasses. 3. When will you give me the answer? 4. He dusted the snow from the knees. 5. We could see the tall buildings as we neared New York. 6. Let it cool off before you eat it. 7. China Daily is distributed all over the world. 8. Can I have a read of your paper? 9. He went in search of a doctor for his sick wife. 10. The old man experienced the sweets and bitters.
练习四? 加上适当后缀来构成名词: 1.require 2.depart 3.identify 4.exist 9.drain 10.confuse
6.build 7. arrive
练习五? 加上适当后缀来构成形容词: 1.technology 2.victory 3.beauty 4.misery 8.trouble 9.picture 10.person 练习六? 加上适当后缀来构成副词: 1.thorough 2.specific 3.true 4.sound 8.serious 9.fabulous 10.whole 练习七? 加上适当后缀来构成动词: 1.fast 2.energy 3.crystal 4.modern 9.strength 10.deep
5.fool 6.automate
5.respectable 6.spectacular
6.electric 7.sympathy
练习八? 加上适当前缀来构成反义词: 1.possible 2.advantage 3.legal 4.educable 8.dependent 9.knot 10.profit
5.normal 6.regular
练习九? 在划线词上加适当前缀来完成下列句子: 1. The bird’s large wings ___________able it to fly very fast. 2. He lost his job, so he was __________happy. 3. I’m afraid that you ___________understood my words. 4. The meat didn’t taste nice for it was ___________cooked. 5. She died a heroic death in the ___________fascist war. 6. They are too young to go to school. They are ___________school children. 7. Having studied in university for four years he took up __________graduate course. 8. The word “underground”or“tube”is called ___________way in American English. 9. She was late for work because she ___________slept. 10. I suggest you tear up the letter and ___________write it. 练习十? 划出下列各句中的主语: 1. Learning foreign languages is just an avocation with me. 2. When to go out on a picnic just depends on the weather. 3. It’s difficult for us to get the goods in quantity and make prompt shipment. 4. To plan is to make plans for something, to think about things in advance. 5. It’s unfortunate that children often watch TV when they should be studying. 6. “Leopards don’t change their spots” means “People don’t change”. 7. There can be no doubt. 8. The old and the young do not always understand each other. 9. In Hawaii, more than a third of the residents are of Japanese descent. 10. How he escaped is still a great mystery.
练习十一? 划出下列各句中的谓语: 1. John is going to study engineering. 2. He must have changed. 3. It is bleeding. 4. The driver will take care of your bags. 5. He is getting old. 6. Everything looks good. 7. Had they been walking until noon yesterday? 8. You should have bought books. 9. We’d better put off the meeting. 10. We must get down to some good and solid work. 练习十二? 划出下列各句中的表语: 1. The news sounds exciting. 2. She seems interested in this novel. 3. My hobby is collecting butterflies. 4. Peary was the first to reach the North Pole. 5. A shepherd’s work is to look after sheep. 6. The small particles are in random motion. 7. The only time a person stops is when the assembly line stops. 8. Her hair is going grey. 9. It proved quite impossible to get them to stay. 10. The building is surrounded by trees. 练习十三? 划出下列各句中的宾语: 1. Please fill out the form. 2. Is he going to lend us his new car? 3. The teacher announced the examination to the students. 4. You will see to it that the engine does not get out of order. 5. They lived a hard life then. 6. Do you want to go to the south this summer? 7. Water consists of hydrogen and oxygen. 8. Her parents strongly objected to her travelling alone. 9. The peasants show us how to cut the rice and how to tie the bundles. 10. Stanley told Livingstone that he was sending word to the New York Herald.
练习十四? 划出下列各句中的主语补足语或宾语补足语: 1. The machines are kept running day and night. 2. He is called Bill. 3. We consider him a genius. 4. I heard a girl singing in the next door. 5. He is named as the greatest writer of our times. 6. The farmers were made to work hard.
7. We consider it necessary to combine theory with practice. 8. Did you watch the ships sail out from the harbor? 9. We saw the wounded soldiers carried away. 10. I found her a sensible woman. 练习十五? 划出下列各句中的定语: 1. Mary Smith is a pretty girl. 2. Ann’s friend, Kim, works very hard. 3. It will take us five hours to cross the continent from east to west by plane. 4. She wears platinum and pearl earings. 5. The working conditions have been improved. 6. Hearing the exciting news, she was wild with joy. 7. They are waiting for you in the room above. 8. A plastics doesn’t rust, so you have no need to have it painted. 9. The man standing over there is the manager of the company. 10. Is there anything that I can do for you? 练习十六? 划出下列各句中的同位语: 1. Warsaw, the birthplace of Marya or Manya Sklodowska, was then ruled by Russia. 2. “Oh, yes”, said Dr. Phineas Welch, the famous scientist. 3. Nothing lives in the city of Pompeii except crickets and beetles and lizards. 4. The first plan, attacking at night, was turned down. 5. We all know that he is well qualified for his position. 6. The question whether to confess or not troubled the girl. 7. The news that the enemy were near alarmed the citizens. 8. Then we three began to get things ready for the trip. 9. He has an idea that he can make the experiment in a better way. 10. Many people, including my sister, won’t forgive him for that. 练习十七? 划出下列各句中的状语: 1. Leaving his bench, Soapy strolled out of the park. 2. With tears in their eyes the girls parted. 3. The kids are learning by doing. 4. I came to visit the little Welsh village. 5. A long time ago, there were a man and a woman named Joseph and Mary. 6. Mrs. Dorothy Retallack is a perfectly pleasant American lady. 7. Crusoe stared at the footprint, full of fear. 8. If the kite dives, check the bridle again. 9. His hands trembling with excitement, he let the rope down deep into the well. 10. Wherever and however laughter is needed, I am asked to do it.
2.1 名词的种类 名词(Nouns)是表示人?事物或抽象概念的名称,它可以分为专有名词和普通名 词? 专 有 名 词 是 特 定 的 人 ? 国 家 ? 城 市 ? 机 构 等 的 名 称 , 如:Shakespeare,China,London,the United Nations 等? 普通名词是一类人或物所共有的名称,或是物质? 抽象概念的名称?普通名词 又可以分为以下四种: ① 个体名词:表示某一类人或物的个体,如:book,worker,boy,city 等? ② 集体名词:表示一群人或一类物的集合体,如:family,class,team,army 等? ③ 物质名词:表示物质的名称,如:air,glass,iron,water 等? ④ 抽象名词:表示品质?行为?状态?感情等抽象概念的名称,如 honesty,love,danger,anger 等? 2.1.1 可数名词与不可数名词 从是否可以数的角度,名词又可以分为可数名词和不可数名词?可数名词可以 有复数形式,也可以在其前面用不定冠词?不可数名词既不能有复数形式,也不可以 在其前面用不定冠词 ?一般来说,个体名词是可数的;物质名词?抽象名词和专有名 词是不可数的;集体名词有些可以数,有些不可以数? 对于名词的可数与不可数问题,应注意下面几种情况: ① 很多英语名词既可以用作不可数名词, 也可以用作可数名词?用作不可数 名词时, 表示物质或抽象概念,而用作可数名词时, 表示个体事物?例如: 物质名词 个体名词 brick 砖 a brick 一块砖 copper 铜 a copper 一个铜币 glass 玻璃 a glass 一个玻璃杯 iron 铁 an iron 一个熨斗 paper 纸 a paper 一张报纸 抽象名词 个体名词 beauty 美丽 a beauty 一个美人 relation 关系 a relation 一位亲属 youth 青春 a youth 一个青年人 ② 经 常 使 用 的 只 用 作 不 可 数 的 名 词 :advice,advertising,anger,behaviour,bread,cash,chaos,chess,clothing,conduct,courag e,dancing,equipment,evidence,foliage,fun,furniture,homework,information,ink,laughte r,luggage,machinery,merchandise,money,moonlight,music,news,poetry,rice,scenery,soa p,sunshine,traffic,violence,work(工作),weather ③food,meat,butter,fish 等词通常只作不可数名词?但当表示不同的种类时,也 可以作可数名词?例如: Too many sweet foods may increase your weight. 甜食太多可能会使你增加体重? ④不可数名词如要表示量时,需要加适当的量词?例如: a bar of chocolate/soap/gold/iron a blade of grass
a bottle of ink/wine/milk a bowl of rice/porridge a cup of tea a cut of meat a drop of water/oil/rain a glass of water a grain of rice /salt/sand a loaf of bread a lump of sugar /coal/lead a piece of paper/meat/chalk/land/advice/news/information/furniture/music a sheet of paper/metal/ice a slice of bread/bacon/cake/meat 2.2 名词的数 英语可数名词有单数和复数两种形式?复数表示两个或两个以上?名词由单数 变为复数可分为规则变化和不规则变化两种? 2.2.1 规则变化 规则变化的名词复数构成及复数读音如表 2.1?表 2.2? 表 2.1 规则变化名词的复数构成
表 2.2 规则变化的名词复数的读音
2.2.2 不规则变化 1.改变元音 foot-feet goose-geese man-men tooth-teeth woman-women mouse-mice 2.用-en 作名词的复数结尾 child-children ox-oxen 3.单复数同形 ①sheep,deer,cod ②Chinese,Japanese,Portuguese,Vietnamese ③barracks,aircraft,crossroads,headquarters,means( 法),oats,series,species,works(工厂) 2.2.3 某些外来语的复数形式 有些外来语还保留着原来的复数形式?例如: analysis-analyses 分析 basis-bases 基础 thesis-theses 论文 criterion-criteria 标准 phenomenon-phenomena 现象 stratum-strata 阶层 2.2.4 复合名词的复数 1.将主体名词变为复数 comrade-in-arms-comrades-in-arms 战友 looker-on-lookers-on 旁观者 son-in-law-sons-in-law 女婿 boy friend-boy friends 男朋友 girl student-girl students 女学生 lady driver-lady drivers 女司机 2.如果没有主体名词,就在最后一个词上加复数词尾 sit-in-sit-ins 静坐示威 go-between-go-betweens 中间人 grown-up-grown-ups 成年人 lay-by-lay-bys 停车场 3.复合词的第一个词是 man 或 woman 时,合成词的两个词素都变为复数 manservant-menservants woman doctor-women doctors
gentleman farmer-gentlemen farmers 这时,两个词素有同位关系?a woman doctor 意味着 The doctor is a woman.如果 复合词之间不是这种同位关系,就只在最后一个词上加复数词尾?例如: woman-hater-woman-haters 恨女人的人 man-eater-man-eaters 吃人者 manhole-manholes 进人孔 2.2.5 某些以-s 结尾的名词的单复数问题 以-s 结尾的名词有些当作复数名词用,有些则当作单数名词用? 1.当作复数名词用,作主语时后面跟复数动词 ①由两部分组成的工具或器具 glasses 眼镜, scales 天平, clippers 大剪刀, scissors 剪刀, tongs 夹钳, spectacles 眼镜, shears 大剪刀? ②服装 flannels 法兰绒衣服, jeans 牛仔裤, pants 裤子, pyjamas 睡衣裤, shorts 短裤, flares 喇叭裤,trousers 裤子? 说明: 1.① 和② 两类名词用 a pair of, two pairs of 等表示 量? 2.当这类词作定语时,通常用其单数形式?例如: a spectacle case 眼镜盒,a trouser factory 裤子工厂, a trouser leg 裤腿? 3. 当 clippers,shears,tongs 等词前边有一词修饰时,有时也可带不定冠 词? 例如: a new clippers, a garden shears. ③其它以-s 结尾的名词 archives 档案, arms 武器, ashes 骨灰, clothes 衣服, Commons 下院, the Lords 上院, customs 关税, dregs 残渣, earnings 收入, funds 存款, looks 相貌, outskirts 郊区, savings 存款, surroundings 环境, belongings 所有物? 2.通常当作单数名词用,作主语时后面跟单数动词 ①某些学科名称 acoustics 声学, athletics 体育课, linguistics 语言学, mathematics 数学, physics 物理, politics 政治? 说明 : 当这类名词表示的不是学科名称 , 而是与其有关的实践活动时 , 则当作 复数名词用?例如: What are your politics? 你的政治观点是什么? ②游戏名称 billiards 台球, darts 投镖游戏, bowls 滚木球戏, draughts 跳棋, dominoes 西洋骨牌? ③疾病名称 measles 麻疹, mumps 腮腺炎, rickets 佝偻病, arthritis 关节炎? 2.2.6 集体名词的数 ①大多数集体名词都有复数形式?例如: class-classes,family-families,team-teams. 但是 cattle,clergy,livestock,police,public 没有复数形式? ② 有 些 单 数 形 式 的 集 体 名 词 通 常 当 作 复 数 名 词 用 , 如 : people,police,cattle,livestock 等?例如:
The police have caught the murderer. 警察已抓到了杀人犯? ③下列单数形式的集体名词 ,看作一个整体时当作单数用 ,看作组成该集体的 成 员 时 , 当 作 复 数 用 :audience,class,committee,crew,crowd,family,group,jury,majority,parliament,public, staff,team. 例如: My family is very large. 我的家庭很大? My family are all tall. 我们家的人都很高? 说明: people 一词作“民族”讲时,既可带有不定冠词,也可有复数形式?例如: The chinese are an industrious people. 中国人民是一个勤劳的民族? The English-speaking peoples do not observe the Spring Festival. 使用英语的民族不过春节? 2.3 名词的性 在现代英语中,名词在语法上没有性的区别?名词的性是通过词汇手段表现的, 并与其词汇意义相符?英语名词的性按其词汇所表示的意义可以分为四种: 阳性:表示男性或雄性的名词?例如:boy,cock 等? 阴性:表示女性或雌性的名词?例如:girl,hen 等? 中性:表示无生命事物的名词?例如:book,table 等? 通性:表示男女或雌雄通用的名词?例如:friend,sheep 等? 某些阳性?阴性名词对照: ①阳性名词和阴性名词是完全不同的词?例如: 阳性 阴性 阳性 阴性 boy girl gander goose cock hen king queen dog bitch monk nun nephew niece tutor governess ram 公羊 ewe bridegroom bride 新娘 stallion mare boar 公猪 sow bull cow 说明: horse,sheep,pig,dog,chicken,child,cousin 可通用于两种性别? ②阳性名词后加-ess 构成阴性名词?例如: 阳性 阴性 阳性 阴性 actor actress god goddess author authoress host hostess Baron 男爵 Baroness manager manageress Duke 公爵 Duchess master mistress emperor empress prince princess tiger tigress waiter waitress ③对于通性名词,可以通过加上表示性别的词将其性别表示出来?例如: 阳性 阴性 阳性 阴性 boy friend girl friend boy cousin girl cousin
bull elephant cow elephant he-goat she-goat he-wolf she-wolf buck-rabbit doe-rabbit he-bear she-bear dog-fox bitch-fox landlord landlady manservant maidservant policeman policewoman salesman saleswoman 2.4 名词的格 2.4.1 名词所有格的构成 英语名词可以分为所有格和普通格? 名词所有格的构成有以下几种情况: ①单数名词和不以-s 结尾的复数名词在词尾加 -’s,读音同名词加复数形式时 的读音相同?例如: the girl’s/g?:lz/book, the children’s / @? ildr?nz/books. ②以-s 结尾的复数名词在词尾加-’,读音不变?例如: the students’ dormitory, the teachers’ reading-room ③以/z/音结尾的人名,其所有格通常只加-’,但也可加-’s,读音通常读/iz/,但也可 不变?例如: Dickens’/Dickens’s novels / d ? ikinziz/ 或 / ?dikinz/ ④并列名词表示各自的所有关系时 , 要在每个名词之后加 -’s, 如 :John’s and Mary’s books. 如果表示两者所共有,则只在后一个名词词尾加-’s,例如: John and Mary’s books 2.4.2 名词所有格的意义 1.表示所有关系 Mrs.Brown’s car,my wife’s father. 2.表示主谓关系 the boy’s application (The boy applied for...) her parents’ consent (Her parents consented.) 3.表示动宾关系 the younger generation’s education(...educate the younger generation.) the boy’s release (...released the boy.) 4.表示类别 a women’s college (a college for women) 2.4.3 名词所有格的用法 ①用于表示有生命物的名词?例如: John’s friend, the cat’s tail ②用于表示时间?距离?度量?国家?城市?团体等无生命物的名词?例如: today’s newspaper a stone’s throw a pound’s weight China’s industry London’s water supply the Company’s directors ③用于某些习惯用语中 at one’s wit’s end (智穷计尽) to one’s heart’s content (尽情地) 2.4.4 名词所有格与“of +名词”结构的选择
一般来说,名词所有格多用于表示有生命物的名词(如:John’s car),而“of+名词” 结构主要用于表示无生命物的名词(如:the roof of this house)?在有些情况下,既可 以用名词所有格 , 也可以用“of+名词 ”结构 ?下面是只能用名词所有格或者只能用 “of+名词”结构的情况? 1.只能用名词所有格 ①表示类别 He is a ship’s carpenter. 他是一个造船木工? ②所有格所修饰的词带有同位语,如: John’s sister, a teacher, lives in New York. 约翰的姐姐住在纽约,是个教员? ③用在某些成语中,如: at one’s wit’s end 智穷计尽 out of harm’s way 在安全的地方 to one’s heart’s content 尽情地 in one’s mind’s eye 在某人想象中 to get one’s money’s worth 花钱划得来 a stone’s throw 一箭之遥 2.必须用“of+名词”的结构 ①of 后的名词有修饰语或同位语时,如: The arrival of his daughter, a student of German,surprised him. 他的女儿是一位学德语的学生?她的到来使他吃惊? Do you know the name of the girl standing at the gate?? 你知道站在门口的那个女孩的名字吗?? ②用于某些同位语结构中,如: the city of Harbin, the ten of us 2.4.5 双重属格 把 of 同所有格用在一起的结构叫做双重属格?例如: We saw a play of Shakespeare’s. 我们看了莎士比亚的一个剧? 使用双重属格时应注意以下几点: ①介词 of 后的名词必须特指,并且必须指人?例如,我们可以说: an opera of Shaw’s 但不可以说: * an opera of a composer’s(泛指) * a funnel of the ship’s(指物) ②介词 of 前的名词必须是不确定的人或物?该名词前可用 a,any,some 等词,但 不能用 the? 例如,我们可以说: A friend of the doctor’s has arrived. 医生的一个朋友来了? Any daughter of Mrs. Brown’s is welcome. 布朗太太的任何一个女儿都是受欢迎的? 但不可以说:
*The daughter of Mrs. Brown’s has arrived. 说明:当第二次提到时,of 前的名词也可特指,例如: The daughter of Mrs. Brown’s that I mentioned is a teacher. 我提到的布朗太太的那个女儿是个老师? ③在 of 前的名词之前可以用 this,that,用来表示某种感情色彩?例如: that son of yours 比较下列不同结构所表达的不同意思: a portrait of Henry’s (亨利画的或收藏的画像) a portrait of Henry (亨利的画像,画的是亨利) He was a student of Jesperson’s. (他是叶斯帕森教的一名学生?) He is a student of Jesperson. (他是研究叶斯帕森作品的?) a criticism of Shaw’s (肖伯纳写的评论) a criticism of Shaw (对肖伯纳的评论)
2.5 名词的语法功能 名词在句子中可以作主语?表语?宾语?宾语补语?定语?同位语?状语等? My brother is a teacher. 主语 表语 They elected Nixon President. 宾语补语 He told the boy a story. 间接宾语 直接宾语 He wrote a book report last night. 定语 他昨天晚上写了个读书报告? Mr.Brown, the Director of the Company,has gone to New York. 同位语 公司的董事布朗先生已经到纽约去了? 练 习 练习一? 指出下列名词哪些是可数名词,哪些是不可数名词: evidence, soap, furniture, money, work(工作), job, tear, equipment, sheep, luggage, news, information, region, laughter, bread, idea, poem, poetry, advertisement, advertising, machine, machinery, chopstick, system, grown-up. 练习二? 写出下列名词的复数形式: flower, cook, seed, carpet, shirt,case, language, vase, orange, carriage,dish, watch, boss, fox, brush,day, boy, bay, toy, way,city, family, fly, country, factory, baby,chief, roof, cliff, proof, safe,thief, leaf, knife, wife, wolf,video, radio, piano, photo, zoo, bamboo,Negro, hero, tomato, potato, echo,sheep, deer, aircraft, crossroads, Chinese, Vietnamese,tooth, goose, foot, woman, child, basis,looker-on, sister-in-law, woman doctor, manservant, manhour.
练习三? A.选择适当的单位词填空: 例:a piece of paper 1. a _________ of chocolate 3. a _________ of furniture 5. a _________ of bread 7. a _________ of rain 9. a _________ of land 11. a ________ of grass B.填入适当的名词押 例:a drop of water 1. a bunch of ________ 3. a bead of ________ 5. a school of _________ 7. a flock of _________ 9. a fit of _________
2. a _________ of soap 4. a _________ of scissors 6. a _________ of news 8. an _________ of corn 10. a _________ of sand 12. a _________ of wine
2. a bundle of ________ 4. a swarm of ________ 6. a herd of ________ 8. a blast of _________ 10.a litter of _________
练习四? 选词填空: A. advertising, advertisement, advertiser 1. He is an ____________. 2. I found an ___________ in the newspaper for an assistant cashier. 3. The company has spent a lot of money on ____________. B. laugh, laughter 1. “Come with me, ”the old man said with a ___________. 2. The audience roared with __________. C. machine, machinery, machines 1. All the _________ used in this factory are made in Germany. 2. _________ has been introduced to replace workers in modern factories. D. poem, poet, poetry, poems 1. He wrote many ________ to her to show his love. 2. He thought it was not bad to be a _________. 3. ________ in itself is music. E. job, work, works 1. She finally got a good ________ as a secretary. 2. That’s a fascinating piece of _________. 3. “Do you know who wrote The Sun Also Rises?” “Of course I know. I’ve read many ________ by Hemingway.” 练习五? 改正下列句子中的错误: 1. I go to the library three time a week. 2. John’s new trousers is black. 3. We have to overcome a lot of difficulty.
4. May I have two piece of paper? 5. We used to live in nice surrounding. 6. It’s about half an hour drive from here. 7. Would you please buy me two soaps? 8. The news about economy are encouraging. 9. Her clothes is nearly worn out. 10. On the wall of the music hall, there is a portrait of Beethoven’s. 11. I’d like a toast for breakfast. 12. His families is going to move. 13. One of his friend is an artist. 14. Do you know where my spectacle case are? 15. He helped me carry my luggages. 16. Many a man have made the same mistake. 17. Linguistics are one of the required courses in our department. 18. The acoustics of this theatre is excellent. 19. There are a lot of apples trees over there. 20. I put the wallet in my trousers pocket this morning, but I can’t find it now. 21. There are a crossroads at the bottom of the hill. 22. After several years self-study they can read English now. 23. Two aircraft was damaged during the storm. 24. Only growns-up are permitted to see such a film. 25. The conference was organized for all the mathematic’s teachers. 练习六? 单项选择: 1. Let me give you _______. A. some advices B. some advice C. an advice D. a advice 2. This pair of scissors _______ very sharp. A. be B. were C. is D. are 3. They are _______ from different magazines. A. editors-in-chief B. editors-in-chiefs C. editor-in-chiefs D. editor-in-chieves 4. _______ education is a big problem. A.Child’s B. Children’s C. Childs’ D. Childrens’ 5. People wear _________ on Christmas Day. A. holiday clothes B. holiday clothing C. holiday cloth D. holidays clothing 6. The New York Times ________ published daily. A. are B. is C. be D. been 7. The police _______ caught the murderer. A. has B. is C. have D. are 8. I never enjoyed college 鸦 it was just a ________ to an end. A. means B. mean C. meaning D. meanings 9. Television and newspaper are mass _______ of advertising.
A. medium B. mediums C. media D. medias 10. He bought ________ yesterday. A. some furnitures B. few furnitures C. a furniture D. a piece of furniture 11. Where is your ________? A. belongings B. baggages C. savings D. baggage 12. She is ________ now. A. at her wit’s end B. at her wits end C. at end of her wit’s D. at the wit’s end of her 13. I’ve known him for _________. A. ages B. times C. age D. time 14. My family ________ all fond of films. A. do B. does C. are D. is 15. She wants to serve some ________ to her guests. A. coffees B. coffee C. cafe D. cafe’s
限定词(一)
3.1 限定词的分类 限定词(Determiners)是名词词组中对名词在数量及范围等方面起限定作用的 词类?它包括冠词?形容词性物主代词 ?形容词性指示代词?形容词性不定代词?数 词等?例如: All the five boys are my students. 这五个男孩都是我的学生? 句中 all, the, five, my 都是限定词?在 all, the, five boys 中, all, the, five 这三个限 定词的前后顺序是固定的,不能改为 five the all boys 或其它顺序?按照名词前限定 词的前后排列顺序,限定词可以分为三种: ①前位限定词 all, both, half, double, twice, three times, one-third, such, what 等? ②中位限定词 a, an, the, this, that, these, those, my, his, whose, whosever, which, whichever, what, whatever, some, any, no, every, each, either, neither, enough 等? ③后位限定词 one, three, first, second, next, last, more, most, many, few, much, little, several, such, other, another 等? 说明押 1.such 既可以作前位限定词,也可以作后位限定词? 例如: such a lovely day, many such things 前位 中位 后位 后位 2.many 在 many a+单数可数名词的结构中是前位限定词?例如: many a good student=many good students 前位 中位 上述三种限定词出现在名词前时,按“前位+中位+后位”的顺序排列?例如:
all the five boys 前位中位 后位 twice my salary 前位 中位 those three teachers 中位 后位 一个名词前不能同时有两个前位或两个中位限定词 ,但可以有两个后位限定 词?例如: the first two days 后位 后位 两个后位限定词同时使用时 ,前后顺序通常是固定的 ?有时,更换顺序可改变意 义?例如: the last two pages 最后两页 the two last pages 两本书的最后一页 3.2 限定词与名词的搭配 限定词与三类名词 (单数可数名词?复数可数名词及不可数名词 )的搭配可以 分为以下几种情况? 3.2.1 与三类名词都能搭配的限定词 the, my 等物主代词, what, whatever, whose, whosever, which, whichever, no, some, any, such, all, half 等? ①通常 some, any 用于复数可数名词或不可数名词前?但当 some 表示“某一 个”,any 表示“任何一个”时, 可以用于单数可数名词前?例如: Some day, I’ll tell you a great secret. 改日我告诉你一个大秘密? Any child would know that. 任何一个孩子都知道那个? ②限定词 some 主要用于肯定句,限定词 any 主要用于疑问句?否定句和条件句 ?限定词 any 用于肯定句及限定词 some 用于疑问句的情况参见代词 anybody 和 somebody 的用法(5.10.2)? ③any, all 与复数可数名词连用时,指三个或三个以上的人或物? ④all 主要用于复数名词和不可数名词前?all 与单数可数名词连用时通常表示 可分为几部分的“整体”?例如: all day(=the whole day), all the family(=all the members of the family), all the book(=the whole book) ⑤通常 no 在句中含义为 not a/an, not any, 如:I have no friends here.(=not any friends) 但当 no 修饰表语时,其含义为 not at all(决不是)?例如: You can’t lie to me. I’m no fool. 你不能对我撒谎?我决不是傻子? ⑥such 用于下列句型: (1) 主语 + 动词 + such + a/an +adj.+单数可数名词+that... He told us such a funny story that we all laughed.
他给我们讲了个很有意思的故事,我们都笑了? (2) 主语+动词+such+adj.+复数名词/不可数名词+that... He told us such funny stories that we all laughed. 他给我们讲了些很有意思的故事,我们都笑了? It is such nice weather that I would like to go to the beach. 天气真好,我真想到海边去? 比较下列 so 所用的句型: (1)主语+动词+so+adj./adv.+that... He was so ill that we had to send for a doctor. 他病得很厉害,我们必须去请医生? (2)主语+动词+so+adj.+a/an+单数可数名词+that... It was so interesting a book that he couldn’t put it down. 书非常有意思,他舍不得放下? (3)主语+动词+so+many/few+复数名词+that The Smiths had so many children that they formed their own baseball team. 史密斯家的孩子很多,他们自己就组成了个棒球队? (4)主语+动词+so+much/little+不可数名词+that... The grass received so little water that it turned brown in the heat. 草没有吸收到足够的水,在酷热下变黄了? 3.2.2 与复数名词或不可数名词搭配的限定词 enough, a lot of, lots of, plenty of, more, most 等?例如: There are plenty of eggs in the house. 房子里有很多蛋? We have plenty of money. 我们有很多钱? 3.2.3 只与复数名词搭配的限定词 these, those, two, three(大于一的数词), few, a few, a great/large/good/number of, many , both, several 等? 1.many 在 many a+单数可数名词的结构中用于单数名词前?例如:many a man? 2.many 主要用于否定句?many 用于肯定句主要出现在下面几种情况: ①由 whether/if 引导的从句中? ②在 so many, too many, as many...as, how many+名词词组中? ③用于在句首作主语的名词词组中? 3.both 只用于两个人或物? 4.few 与 a few 的区别参见 5.10.4 的 6? 3.2.4 只与单数可数名词搭配的限定词 a, an, every, each, either, neither, one 等? ①either 指两个人或物中的任何一个, neither 指两个人或物中的每一个都不是 鸦 every 指三个或三个以上的人或物中的每一个, each 既可以指两个人或物中的每 一个,也可以指三个或三个以上的人或物中的每一个?可以说 each sex, each side of the street, 但不能说 every sex, every side of the street? ②every 后面跟大于 1 的数词或 few 时,后面的名词用复数?例如:every six weeks, every few days ③用 every 时是从整体着眼,其含义相当于用 each 时是从“每一个”考虑,侧
重个体? ④可以说 every one of,但不能说 everyone of? 3.2.5 只与不可数名词搭配的限定词 little, a little, a great/good deal of, a large/small amount of, a large/small quantity of, much, less 等? 1.a little 表示肯定意义鸦 little 表示否定意义? 2.much 通常用于否定句或疑问句?在下列情况下,much 可用于肯定句: ①用于 whether/if 引导的宾语从句中? ②在 so much, too much, as much...as, how much+名词词组中? ③用于句首作主语的名词词组中? 3.2.6 与单数可数名词或复数名词连用的限定词 first 等序数词, last, next, the other, another 等? 例如:the first book, the first two books, another one, another three weeks. 3.2.7 与单数可数名词或不可数名词连用的限定词 this, that. 例如:this pen, this music. 练 习
练习一? 指出下列各词哪些是前位限定词,哪些是中位限定词, 哪些是后位限 定词: an, the, all, this, that, one, three, first, twice, three times, one-third, last, next, my, his, each, every, enough, either, several, another, a few, few. 练习二? 指出下列句子中的错误并改正: 1. There are a great deal of chairs in the room. 2. I have some thing important to tell you. Please wait for me for a few minutes. 3. He is a my old friend. 4. My that dictionary is an English-English dictionary. 5. Which of three these books can I borrow? 6. I saw the both books on his shelf. 7. Such few mistakes have been avoided. 8. I like my coffee with a few milk. 9. It’s such lovely day. 10. There are a great amount of books in our library. 练习三? 单项选择: 1. Have you got _____ to read? A. book enough B. enough book C. book D. enough books 2. It was ______ new problem. A. a such B. such a C. such D. the such 3. There is a post office at _______ of the street. A. both ends B. either end
C. either ends D. the ends 4. He is a man of ________. A. little words B. many words C. few words D. a few words 5. I want ______ paper. A. a number of B. many C. a piece ofD. a few 6. I don’t have ________ news for you. A. more B. less C. much D. many 7. I saw ______ in the classroom. A. the both boys B. both the boys C. the both boy D. both the boy 8. I hope I have _______. A. his twice strengths B. twice his strengths C. his twice strength D. twice his strength 9. _______ is enough for me. A. Such one friend B. One such friend C. So one friend D. One so friend 10. ______ is a driver. A. His that third brother B. That his third brother C. Third that brother of his D. That third brother of his 11. I’ll take _______. A. these five samples B. five these samples C. this five samples D. that five samples 12. I _______ sleep. A. get seldom any B. get any seldom C. seldom get any D. any get seldom 13. For _______ reason, he didn’t come. A. no more B. a C. the D. some 14. He drank ________. A. two cupful of tea B. two cups tea C. two cups of tea D. two cup of tea 15. We have never seen _______ flower before. A. so a beautiful B. such a beautiful C. so beautiful an D. such beautiful a 16. I’ll come, but I’ll be _______. A. late a few minute B. a few minutes late C. late a little minutes D. a little minutes late 17. They left for Nanjing on _______ day as she left. A. same B. the same C. one D. such 18. It was _______ interesting a book _______ he couldn’t put it down. A. that B. that C. that D. that
19. I can’t eat _______ more. A. much B. some C. no D. any 20. If you don’t want to get fat, eat _______ food. A. fewer B. less C. much D. more 21. We had never had ______ pumpkin before. A. so a big B. such big a C. big as so D. such a big 22. ________ things do not happen _______. A. Such, everyday B. So, everyday C. Such, every day D. This, every day 23. You can’t lie to me. I’m ________ fool. A. a B. the C. not D. no 24. There are ______ eggs in the house. A. a large amount of B. a large quantity of C. a great deal of D. plenty of 25. I go there _______. A. every other day B. every the other day C. every three day D. every third days 26. Mr. Greene has a ________ son. A. fourteen-years-old B. fourteen-year-olds C. fourteen years D. fourteen-year-old 27. ________ in our school have studied English. A. Most of students B. The most students C. Most of the students D. Most student 28. On ________ side of the street there is a bus stop. A. both B. all C. every D. each 29. ________ the clasmates love our English teacher. A. Almost of B. Almost all C. The most D. Most 30. I enjoyed th they played ________ beautiful music. A. such B. such a C. so D so a
限定词(二) 冠词的用法
4.1 冠词的种类 英语的冠词(Articles)分为不定冠词和定冠词两种? 1.不定冠词 a, an 是不定冠词,只用在单数可数名词前面,表示“一”的意思?a 用在以辅音开 头的词的前面,读/? 藜/(弱读)或/ei/(重读); an 用在以元音开头的词之前,读/?n/(弱读) 或/?n/(重读)? 例如: a day, a university, a new umbrella, a hero, an apple, an angry child, an umbrella,
an hour. 2.定冠词 the 是定冠词,表示“这”,“那”,“这些”,“那些”的意思?它可以用在单数?复数可数 名词或不可数名词之前?the 有三种读音:在辅音前读/? ?/; 在元音前读/? i/; 在强调 或单独读时,读/? i? /? 4.2 冠词的用法 4.2.1 不定冠词的用法 1.指一类人或物 A horse is a useful animal. 马是有用的动物? A teacher must be modest. 教师必须谦虚? 2.表示某一类人或物中的一个 Mary’s father is an engineer. This is a pen. 3.表示:“一个”? “某一个”的意思 Rome was not built in a day. 罗马非朝夕建成? A comrade from Harbin Teachers University called to see you when you were out. 你不在的时候,哈师大的一位老师来拜访你? 4.表示:“每一个”的意思 He drove the car at ninety miles an hour. 他以每小时 90 英里的速度开车? We have lessons three times a week. 我们每周上三次课? 5.表示:“同样”? “一样”的意思 Birds of a feather flock together. 物以类聚,人以群分? John and I are nearly of an age. 我和约翰几乎是同龄? 6. 用在 dozen, hundred, thousand 等数词前 例如: a dozen eggs, a hundred workers, a thousand soldiers. 7. 用在一些词组中 such a, quite a,many a,rather a, half a 等?例如: There were quite a lot of people at Louis’s party. 有很多人出席了路易斯举行的宴会? 8. 用在一些习惯用语中 all of a sudden, as a rule, as a matter of fact, at a loss, to be in a hurry, to keep an eye on, to keep a secret, to have a pain/cold/cough/headache, to have a try, to take a dislike to. 4.2.2 定冠词的用法 1.表示谈话双方都知道的人或物 Close the door, please. 2.表示世界上独一无二的东西 The earth moves round the sun. 地球绕着太阳转?
3.用于第二次提到的人或物 Singleton is a quiet village near Chichester. The village has a population of a few hundred people. 辛格尔顿是奇切斯特附近一个僻静的村子,这个村子里只有几百口人? 4.用在有限定性定语从句或介词短语修饰的名词前 This is the dictionary I bought yesterday. 这是我昨天买的那本字典? She pointed to the house on the corner and said, “That is where I live.” 她指着拐角处的房子说:“那就是我住的地方?” 5.在下列结构中指人体部位时,通常用定冠词 They pulled her by the hair. 他们拽着她的头发? She patted him on the head. 她拍拍他的头? They grabbed him by the arm. 他们抓住他的胳膊? 6.用在单数可数名词前表示一类东西 The horse is a useful animal. 马是有用的动物? 7.和某些形容词连用,表示一类人或物 the blind, the dead, the deaf, the old, the new, the oppressed, the poor, the rich, the sick, the young, the wounded. 8.和表示民族的形容词连用,表示整个民族 The French cook better than the English. 法国人比英国人会做饭? 9.和某些集体名词连用,表示一个民族,某个阶级?阶层等 the Chinese people, the working class 10.谈到演奏乐器时,乐器名称前用定冠词 John plays the piano. 约翰弹钢琴? 11.用在逢“十”的复数数词前,指某世纪的几十年代,或指人的大约年龄 in the 1970s He is somewhere in the fifties. 他五十多岁? 12.用在习惯用语中 at the foot of, by the way, for the time being in the distance, in the end, in the shade on the spot, on the right/left, on the way on the whole, to be in the habit of, to tell the truth 4.2.3 不用冠词的场合 1.在用作表语?同位语及宾语表示唯一的职位的名词前,通常不用冠词,但也可 用定冠词 John is (the) captain of the team. 约翰是队长? As (the) chairman of the committee, I declare this meeting closed. 作为委员会主席,我宣布会议结束? 2.家庭成员的称呼前不用冠词 Where is Father? Mother was very pleased with my homework. 3.泛指的复数名词或不可数名词前不加冠词,表示一类人或物
Cigarettes are bad for your health. 香烟对你的健康有害? Hydrogen is lighter than oxygen. 氢比氧轻? 4.某些表示日常生活和社会活动的习惯用语中不用冠词 ,这时指的是与名词有 关的行为 to be in bed/hospital/prison/town to be at school/sea to be in/at church(=attending a service) to go to school/bed/town/hospital/prison to come/go/leave home 5.在某些交通或通讯工具名称前不用冠词,用 by 表示方式 to travel/leave/come/go by bicycle/bus/car/boat/train/plane to communicate by radio/telephone/post/satellite 比较: to travel by bus/plane to be on the bus/plane to take a/the train 6.在 at, by, after 和 before 之后表示一天中的某一时间的单词前不用冠词 at dusk/dawn/midnight/night/noon/sunrise/sunset/twilight/daybreak after dark/nightfall before morning came by night/day 比较: during the morning/day in the morning/afternoon/evening/day time 7.季节?月份及星期几的名称前通常不加冠词 in (the) spring/summer/autumn/winter on Saturday/Sunday 如果特指某年的某季?某月等,则用定冠词?例如: in the spring of 1978 in the January before last on the following Sunday 有时也可用不定冠词表示“某一个”,“某一种”?例如: He left on a Sunday. 他于某一个星期日离开的 ? It’s been an unusually hot summer. 那是一个非常热的夏天? 8.表示三餐的名词前面一般不加冠词 to have breakfast before lunch after dinner stay for supper at 如果特指某一次就餐,或着眼于所做的东西时,则用定冠词?有时也可以用不定 冠词?例如: Are you coming to the dinner that we are having in London next week?
你来参加下周我们在伦敦举行的宴会吗? We had a nice dinner, just the two of us. 我们吃了一顿丰盛的晚餐,就我们两个人? 9.疾病名称前一般不加冠词 appendicitis 阑尾炎 , anaemia 贫血症 , influenza 流行性感冒 , pneumonia 肺炎? headache 是可数名词?例如: I have a bad headache this morning. bellyache 既可作可数名词,也可用作不可数名词,通常写作 the bellyache 或 a bellyache?其它以-ache 结尾的疾病名称,在英国英语中都是不可数名词?但是在美 国英语中,当指一次具体病痛时,也可作可数名词? 其它常见疾病名称的冠词使用情况如下: (the) flu, (the) measles, (the) mumps, a fever, a cold, a temperature, a cough, to catch cold. 10.球类运动?棋类游戏等名词前不加冠词 to play basketball/football/chess 11.语言名称前不用冠词 He speaks English. 比较:He gave a lecture on the history of the English language. 他作了一次关于英语语言史的讲座? 12.动词 turn 表示“become”之意时,后面作表语的名词前不用冠词 He turned thief. 他变成了小偷? 13.在一些平行结构的词组中不用冠词 arm in arm, face to face, hand in hand, day by day, eye to eye, side by side, time after time, husband and wife, heart and soul, from father to son, from hand to mouth. 14.在其它习惯用语中 at home, at last, at present, beyond reach of, in fact, in face of, in place of, in debt, in trouble, in turn, on foot, on top of, to catch fire, to set fire to, on end. 比较下列句子: They were at table when we called. 我们去拜访时,他们正在吃饭? He was sitting at the table when I entered. 我进屋时,他正坐在桌子旁? A number of people came to the meeting. 有一些人来参加了会议? The number of chairs in the room is 20. 屋子里椅子的数目是 20 把? There are some trees in front of the house. 房子前有些树? He’s sitting in the front of the car with the driver. 他同司机坐在车的前部? In future, be more careful with your money. 以后花钱要更加慎重些? Who can tell what will happen in the future?
谁能知道将来会发生什么事? He was found in possession of dangerous drugs. 发现他藏有危险药品? All the deeds were in the possession of my solicitor. 所有的契据都在我的律师手中? He’s in prison. (是个犯人) He’s in the prison. (可能去参观办事) 4.3 专有名词前的冠词 4.3.1 专有名词前的定冠词 专有名词前一般不用定冠词,如: Marx, Mary, China, Beijing 说明: 当专有名词带有限制性或描绘性定语修饰时, 可以用 定冠词?例如: The Mr.Brown I know comes from Australia. 我所认识的布朗先生来自澳大利亚? Lu Xun has been known as “the Chinese Gorki”. 鲁迅被称为中国的高尔基? 有些由几个词组成的专有名词,前面有定冠词?由几个词组成的专有名词前是 否带定冠词,可以按照下列两条规则判断: (1)“专有”也就是特指?因此, 如果专有名词的第一个词是普通名词 ?数词或形 容词,这个专有名词前就要用定冠词① ;如果专有名词的第一个词是专有名词,这 个专有名词前就不用冠词② ?例如: ①the People’s Republic of China 中华人民共和国 , the National people’s Congress 全国人民代表大会, the United States of America 美国, the United Nations 联合国, the Palace Museum 故宫博物院, the University of Pennsylvania 宾夕法尼亚 大学, the Friendship Store 友谊商店, the People’s Daily 人民日报, the National Science Conference 全国科学大会, the 11th Party Congress 第十一次党代会, the Spring Festival 春节, the Persian Gulf 波斯湾, the Atlantic Pact 大西洋公约, the Indian Ocean 印度洋, the Red Sea 红海, the Pacific Ocean 太平洋, the English Channel 英吉利海峡, the Grand Canal 大运河, the Lake of Geneva 日内瓦湖, the Bay of Naples 那不勒斯湾, the Cape of Good Hope 好望角? ②Nan jing Road 南京路, Hyde Park 海德公园, Zhongshan Park 中山公园, China Daily 中国日报, Harbin Teachers University 哈尔滨师范大学, Beijing Airport 北京机场? (2) 由复数名词构成的专有名词需要用定冠词?例如: the Netherlands 荷兰, the Canary Islands 加那利群岛, the Himalayas 喜马拉雅山脉, the Alps 阿尔卑斯山, the Rocky Mountains 落矶山脉, the New York Times 纽约时报, the British Isles 不列颠群岛, the Western Hills 西山, the Philippines 菲律宾群岛, the Thames 泰晤士河, the Euphrates 幼发拉底河? 说明: 定冠词与人名复数连用,表示某一家人?例如: The Wilsons live upstairs. 威尔逊一家住在楼上? (3) 例外情况?大多数专有名词都遵循上述两条规则?下面是一些例外的情况:
①专有名词以 lake, mount, cape 开头,并且其后不跟 of,则不用定冠词?例如: Lake Michigan 密执安湖, Lake Nicaragua 尼加拉瓜湖, Mount Tai 泰山, Cape Cod 科德角? ②节日名称前通常不用定冠词,但由 festival 构成的节日名称前用定冠词?例 如: Christmas(Day)圣诞节, Independence Day 美国独立纪念日, Easter 复活节, May Day 五一节, National Day 国庆节, New Year’s Day 新年, New Year’s Eve 除夕, Thanksgiving Day 感恩节(但:the Spring Festival 春节, the Lantern Festival 元宵节, the Dragon Boat Festival 端午节, the Mid-Autumn Festival 中秋节)? ③河流前要用定冠词?例如: the Nile 尼罗河, the Rhine 莱茵河, the Danube 多瑙河, the Changjiang River 长 江? ④某些运河名称前用定冠词,例如: the Panama Canal 巴拿马运河, the Suez Canal 苏伊士运河? ⑤某些国名?地名?机构等名称不遵循上述的第一条规则?例如: the Saar, 萨尔省, (the)Sudan 苏丹, The Hague 海牙, North China, East China, the Tianshan 天山, Silver Lake 银湖, the Leizhou Peninsula 雷州半岛, the Beijing Zoo, the Beijing Station, the Geneva Agreement 日内瓦协议, the China Travel Service 中国 旅行社, the Qing Dynasty 清朝, Parliament 英国议会? 4.3.2 专有名词前的不定冠词 偶尔专有名词前也可以加不定冠词,用来表示: 1.与专有名词类似的人或物 He thought he was a Shakespeare. 他认为自己是莎士比亚一样的人物? 2.某个叫做× × 的人 A Mrs.Robertson was trying to contact you this morning. 今天早上一位叫罗伯逊的太太想和你联系? 3.某时?某种状态下的某人或某事 The England of those years was an England in turmoil. 那些年代里的英格兰是一个动荡的英格兰? 练 习 练习一? 在下列各句中填入适当的冠词: 1. China has _______ population of 12 hundred million. 2. It’s important to serve everyone, not just ________ needy. 3. Joe has _______ most beautiful garden in our town. 4. Harbin is on _______ Songhua River. 5. Allow me to carry ________ bag for you. 6. _______ new road is being built outside my house. 7. He is _______ bank manager and he gets ________ good salary. 8. He decided to take part in ________ important race across ________ Atlantic. 9. _______ Asia is _______ largest of ________ continents of ________ world. 10. ________ Asian Games meet every four years. 11. We haven’t seen Michael for ________ long time. 12. He is _______ honest man 鸦 you can trust him.
13. Sometimes I feel cold and sometimes hot. I have ________ headache and _________ stomachache. 14. _______ birds of _______ feather flock together. 15. John plays _______ piano well. But he can’t play _______ violin. 16. She patted him on _______ head to comfort him. 17. He was in his fifties when he began to learn _______ English. 18. I want _______ cup of ______ tea. 19. The flowers on ________ left smell very nice. 20. Do you like skating in ________ winter? 21. I’m afraid Mr. Jay can’t speak to you at _______ moment. 22. ________ sun also rises. 23. We’ve done enough work. Let’s have _______ rest. 24. My boss is such ________ idiot. 25. He said that she ought to see _________ doctor. 26. He took Sam by _______ hand. 27. They were walking on _______ opposite pavement. 28. _______ more I hear about him, ________ less I like him. 29. She wanted to be _______ actress. 30. He always wakes at four o’clock in ________ morning. 31. _______ city of Pompeii is _______ dead city. No one has lived there for nearly two hundred years since ________ summer of ________ year A.D.79. 32. To go to that museum is to take _______ trip backward in _______ time. 33. Some children are playing ________ football on _______ playground. 34. We were at _______ table when he came. We asked him to have breakfast with us. 35. We sat at _______ table to have a meeting. 练习二? 用适当的冠词填空: I have just move to _______ house in _______ Bridge street. Yesterday ________ beggar knocked at my door. He asked me for ______ meal and ______ glass of beer. In _______ return for this, the beggar stood on his head and sang _______ songs. I gave him _______ meal. He ate _______ food and drank ______ beer. Then he put _______ piece of cheese in his pocket and went away. Later ______ neighbour told me about him. Everybody knows him. His name is Percy Buttons. He calls at every house in _______ street once _______ month and always asked for _______ meal and ______ glass of beer. 练习三? 单项选择: 1. ________ is very important in daily life. A. Honesty B. The honesty C. A honesty D. Honest 2. There is ________ university near the state farm. A. a B. an C. the D. × 3. Can you play ________? A. the piano B. a piano C. piano D. one piano
4. If you work hard, your success is ________. A. out of the question B. out of question C. out of a question D. from the question 5. “How did you pay those workers?” “Well, they were paid ________.” A. by an hour B. by the hour C. by hours D. by a hour
第五章 5.1 代词的分类
代词 (Pronouns)可以分为: 人称代词 ? 物主代词? 反身代词 相互代词 ? 指示 代词? 疑问代词? 连接代词? 关系代词? 不定代词? 5.2 人称代词 人称代词是表示“你”?“我”?“他”?“你们”?“我们”?“他们”的代词?它有数?人称? 性和格的变化, 变化如下表?
5.2.1 人称代词的选择 1.人称代词作主语时用主格,作宾语或介词宾语时用宾格 I saw him. 主语 宾语 I gave it to him. 主语 介词宾语 在下列比较句型中,as, than 之后的人称代词作主语,在正式语体中用主格: She is as intelligent as he (is).
她像他一样聪明? He is bigger than I (am). 但是在日常口语中,上述两句中的 as, than 之后的人称代词在后面没有动词的 情况下通常用宾格: She is as intelligent as him. He is bigger than me. 比较下面句子之间的区别: I love you better than he.(=than he loves you.) I love you better than him.(=than I love him.) I hate him as much as her.(=as I hate her.) I hate him as much as she.(=as she hates him.) 2.传统语法中规定,人称代词作表语时,应该用主格?例如: It was he. 但是,在日常会话中,如果作表语的人称代词位于句尾,通常用宾格?例如: It’s me. It was him. 如果作表语的人称代词后面跟有定语从句 , 该人称代词的格通常取决于它在 从句中的作用?如果在从句中作主语,则用主格;如果充当宾语,则用宾格?但在口语 中,常用宾格代替主格? It was I who did it. It is me that he blamed. 他批评的是我? It was me that did it.(口语) It is me who is to blame.(口语) It was her that came.(口语) 5.2.2 并列人称代词的顺序 人称代词并列使用时,一般遵循下列顺序: 第二人称+第三人称+第一人称 例如: you, he and I he and I you and he my friend and I you and I 5.2.3 人称代词的泛指作用 复数人称代词均可泛指“人们”?例如: We now know that the earth goes round the sun. 我们现在知道地球是围绕太阳转? You can’t live without food. 没有食物无法生存? They say it’s going to rain today. 据说今天要下雨? 在某些谚语中 he 可以用来泛指“任何人”?例如: He who plays with fire gets burnt. 玩火者必自焚? 5.2.4 it 的用法 人称代词 it 一般用来指物?除此,it 还有如下用法: ①作主语,表示时间?天气?距离等?例如:
It is raining/snowing/very cold/very hot. It is about ten miles from here to the railway station. 这里到火车站大约有 10 英里? It’s half past eight. ②用 it 作形式主语或宾语,真正的主语或宾语通常以不定式或-ing 形式或从句 形式放在句子后面?例如: I find it difficult to believe that. ③用于“It is /was...that/who”强调句型中?例如: It was Xiao Zhang who helped the old man. ④用 it 代替整个句子? Yo I shall never forget it. 你救了我的命,我永远不会忘记? 5.3 物主代词
表示所属关系的代词叫做物主代词 ?它分为形容词性的物主代词和名词性的 物主代词两种,其人称和数的变化如下:
5.3.1 物主代词的用法 ①形容词性物主代词用作定语(参见限定词)?例如: This is my pen. ②名词性物主代词可以作主语?表语?宾语?介词宾语?例如: T mine is a green one. I have been talking to a friend of yours. You have lost your pen. Don’t lose mine. ③书信结尾常用 yours: Yours sincerely/truly/faithfully Truly/Sincerely/Faithfully yours 说明:不要将物主代词 its 同 it’s(=it is 或 it has)相混? 5.4 反身代词 5.4.1 反身代词的形式
反身代词有如下形式:
说明:不定代词 one 的反身代词是 oneself?参见 5.10.4 的 9? 5.4.2 反身代词 的用法 5.4.2 反身代词的用法 反身代词可作直接宾语①? 间接宾语②? 表语③? 同位语④? 及介词宾语⑤? ①He hurt himself when he fell. 他摔倒时伤了自己? ②She bought herself a new hat. 她为自己买了顶帽子? ③She is not quite herself today. 她今天有点反常? ④He himself did it. 他自己干的那事? ⑤She looked at herself in the mirror. 她照镜子看自己? 5.4.3 反身代词作主语 ①反身代词通常不可以单独作主语,比如,不可以说: *Himself helped them. 但是反身代词可以在 and 等并列连词之后同前面的词并列构成主语?例如: My wife and myself went sailing yesterday. 昨天我妻子和我去划船了? 但是在正式语体中要避免这样使用反身代词? ②在由 as, than 引导的比较从句中,反身代词可以起主语作用?例如: His sister is even taller than himself. According to the manager, no one works as hard as himself. 在经理看来,谁也不如他自己工作努力? 有些语法学家认为,这里的 as, than 是介词,反身代词是它们的宾语? 5.4.4 必须用反身代词作宾语的动词 下面几个动词在使用时必须用反身代词作宾语: to pride oneself on, to absent oneself from, to avail oneself of, to demean oneself, to ingratiate oneself, to perjure oneself. behave 一词后面也常跟一个反身代词?例如: Please behave yourself. 请你放规矩点? 5.5 相互代词 相互代词有 each other 和 one another 两个? 5.5.1 相互代词的用法
①相互代词可以用作宾语或介词宾语: All the students helped one another. 所有的学生都相互帮助? They write to each other every week. 他们每周都相互写信? ②相互代词及它们的所有格通常都不能作主语? ③在现代英语中,each other 和 one another 可交换使用, 不受所谈的人或物是 两者还是两者以上的限制?它们之间的区别是,each other 多用于非正式文体,而 one another 多用于正式文体? ④each other’s 和 one another’s 在句中作定语?each other’s 和 one another’s 不能 写作 each others’和 one anothers’. 5.6 指示代词 指示代词有单复数之分,也有指近(时间或空间)和指远之分?
5.6.1 指示代词的用法 1.指示代词可以作主语①?宾语②?表语③?及介词宾语④?例如: ①This is what you must do. ②Who told you that? ③What I want to say is this. ④Compare Dickens’ novels with those by Thackeray. 将狄更斯的作品同萨克雷的作品比较一下? 说明:作定语用的 this, that, those, these 参见限定词 3.2.3 和 3.2.7? 2.this(these)指空间或时间上近一些的事物?that (those)指时间或空间上较远的 事物?例如: This is a desk. That is a door. 又比如下列带有指示限定词的词组: this morning (=the morning of today) that morning (=the morning of a day some time ago) 3.this 既可以指上文提到的,也可以指下文讲到的事情?例 如: “Paint it white. This is what I want you to do.” “漆成白色,这就是我所叫你做的?”
He told the story like this, “Once upon a time...” 他是这样讲故事的:“从前……” 4.that 通常只指上文提到的?例如: Who told you that? 5.在指时间时,this 与“目前”或“将来要来到的时间”相联系,that 与“已过去的时 间”相联系?例如: this year(今年), this September(即将到来的九月), that year(那一年)? 6.指示代词通常不单独用来指人?指人时需用指示限定词+名词,例如,我们说: Do you know those people over there? 你认识那边的那些人吗? 但不能说: *Do you know those over there? 但是,当指示代词在主+系+表结构中作主语,用来介绍他人时,便可以用来指人? 例如: This is Mr. Smith.(向别人介绍) That’s my mother.(指照片上的人) Are these the students who have passed the exam? (指着一份名单) 是这些同学通过了考试吗? This is Mary. Is that Ruth?(打电话) 我是玛丽?是露丝在讲话吗? 7.those 后边跟定语从句时,既可指物,也可以指人?例如: Those who try hard deserve to succeed. 努力争取的人就应该成功? These watches are more expensive than those which we saw in New York. 这些手表比我们在纽约看的手表贵? 5.7 疑问代词 疑问代词有 who, whom, whose, which, what.它们用来构成疑问句?例如: Who’s at the door? Which do you want? 5.7.1 疑问代词的用法 ①疑问代词既可用于单数,也可以用于复数?例如: Who is he? Who are those men? What is this? What are those? Whose are those gloves and whose is this umbrella? 那些手套是谁的?这把伞是谁的? ②疑问代词 who, whom, whose 只能指人 , 不能指物 ? who 通常作主语或表 语;whom 作宾语;whose 用作主语? 表语或宾语?例如: Who broke the window? 谁打破了窗户? Who are they? Whom do you think I met in the post-office this morning?
你猜我今天早上在邮局碰到了谁? Whose is better? Whose is that book? Whose are you going to borrow? 你打算借谁的? 说明:whose 作关系代词用时可以指物?参见下一节? ③在口语中常用 who 代替它的宾格 whom?但是在介词之后只能用 whom?例如: Who/Whom did you see? Who/Whom is she working for? For whom is she working? ④which, what 既可以指物,也可以指人,它们在句子中作主语? 表语或宾语?例 如: What happened?(指物,主语) 发生了什么事? Which of the three girls is the oldest? (指人,主语) Which do you prefer, tea or coffee? (指物,宾语) 你喜欢哪种?茶还是咖啡? The twins are so much alike that I never know which is which. (指人,表语) 这对双胞胎长得这么像,我总也分不出哪个是哪个? ⑤who 与 what 都可以用在下列句型中?一般来说,who 问的是姓名或关系,what 问的是职业或地位?例如: Who is her father?(He is John Smith.) What is her father?(He is a teacher.) ⑥一般来说,who 和 what 是在无限定的范围内进行选择,而 which 是在一定范围 内进行选择?例如: What are you eating? Who is your favourite poet? 你最喜欢的诗人是谁? Which is your favourite poet?(Shelley or Keats?) 你最喜欢的诗人是哪一位?()莱还是济慈?) 说明:也有不遵循这个规则的情况?例如: Who/Which do you like best―your father or your mother? 你最喜欢哪一位―你父亲还是你母亲? 另外,which 后面可以跟 of,而 what 则不能?例如,可以说: Which of the girls/books do you like? 但不可以说: *What of the girls/books do you like? 说明:本节中①? ②? ④? ⑥中所述的 whose, which, what 的用法也适用于限定 词 whose, which 和 what? 5.8 连接代词 疑问代词 Who, whom,whose, which, what 都可以作连接代词,用来引导名词性 从句?其用法参见 21.1-4?
5.9 关系代词 英语有下面这些关系代词:
关系代词 who, whom, whose, that, which 用来引导定语从句,修饰名词或名词 词组?它一方面代表它所修饰的词或词组 (先行词),同时在所引导的从句中担任一 定的句子成分?例如: The man who spoke at the meeting was our teacher. 在会议上讲话的那个人是我们的老师? 在这个句子里 , 关系代词引导的定语从句修饰 the man, who 代表先行词 (the)man, 并在从句 who spoke at the meeting 中充 当主语? 5.9.1 关系代词的用法 ①who, whom 用来指人,它们既用来引导限制性定语从句,也用来引导非限制 性定语从句?在从句中 who 通常用作主语, whom 用作宾语?例如: These are the men who wanted to see you. 这些就是想要见你的人? My brother, whom you met the other day, has recently written a novel. 我的哥哥最近写了一部小说?那天你见到他了? 说明:who 有时也用来指宠物?例如: The mouse did not get past Fluffy, who had it in her jaws in no time. 耗 子 没 能从绒毛猫旁逃掉?绒毛猫立即用爪子把它抓住? 在限制性定语从句中作宾语时,关系代词 who 可以代替 whom?但是在介词之后 则只能用 whom?例如: This is the person whom/who you spoke to. This is the person to whom you spoke. 这是你谈过话的那个人? 在非限制性定语从句中作宾语时,通常不用 who 代替 whom? ②which 用来指物,它用来引导限制性定语从句或非限制性定语从句,它在从句 中可以作主语或宾语? 例如: Was the book which you were reading a novel? 你读的书是一本小说吗?
The meeting, which was held in the park, was attended by five hundred people. 会议在公园举行,有 500 人参加了会议? ③that 既可指物,也可以指人,它用来引导限制性定语从句,在从句中 that 可以作 主语或宾语?例如: Did you see the letter that came today? 你看到今天来的信了吗? He’s the cleverest man that I ever met. 他是我见到的最聪明的人? ④whose 多用于指人,但也可用来指物?它用来引导限制性或非限制性定语从 句?whose 在从句中作定语? 例如: That’s the man whose house was burned down. 那个就是房子被烧毁的人? That’s the new machine whose parts are too small to be seen. 那就是那部新机器,零件小得看不清? This factory, whose workers are all women, is closed for part of the school holidays. 这个工厂的工人都是女的,在学校放假期间有部分时间停工? 说明:有人认为不宜将 whose 用于物? ⑤关系代词的单数和复数的词形一样? All the people that I invited have agreed to come. 所有我邀请的人都同意来? The man that I was talking to had just arrived from Canada. 同我谈话的那个人刚刚从加拿大来? ⑥当定语从句修饰一个表示人的集体名词时,如果用 which, 动词就用单数;如 果用 who,动词就用复数? 例如: a family which has always lived here a family who quarrel among themselves ⑦当先行词是人和物的两个并列名词词组时,关系代词用 that?例如: He talked a lot about the men and books that interested him. 他对那些使他感兴趣的人和书谈论了很多? 说明:关于关系代词的选择及省略问题,参见 22.2? 5.10 不定代词 不定代词可以分为复合不定代词和简单不定代词两类? 5.10.1 复合不定代词 英语中有下列复合不定代词:
5.10.2 复合不定代词的用法 ①复合不定代词都当作单数使用,后面的动词用单数形式?它们在句子中作主 语?宾语或表语?例如: Everything is ready now for the party.(主语) 晚会的一切都准备好了? Do you want anything else?(宾语) 你还要别的吗? It is something to be home again without an accident.(表语) 能平安回家就应感到安慰? ②由 some 构成的复合代词一般用于肯定句,由 any 构成的 复合代词一般用于疑问句?否定句或条件句?例如: I was looking for something cheaper. 我在找便宜一点的? Is there anything in the box? 盒子里有东西吗? You can’t believe anything she says. 她说的事情你都不能相信? If there is anything the matter with the machine, please let us know. 如果机器有什么问题,请通知我们? ③由 some 构成的复合不定代词有时也可以用于疑问句?否定句或条件句,这时 带有肯定的意思(说话人比较肯定或希望得到肯定的回答)?在表示请求?建议?反问 等句子中常这样用?例如: Will somebody please open the door? 有谁去把门打开好吗? Is there something to eat?(I can smell food!) 有什么吃的吗?(我能闻到味了!) If someone were to drop a match here, the house would be on fire in two minutes. 如果有人在这扔下一根火柴, 两分钟内房子就会着火? ④当由 any 构成的复合不定代词表示“任何人”或“任何东西”(不管是哪一个/ 谁/什么)的意思时,可以用于肯定句?例如: I want something to eat, anything will do. 我想要点东西吃, 什么都行? Anybody will tell you where the bus stop is.
任何人都会告诉你汽车站在哪? 说明:本节②? ③? ④条所述的用法也适用于限定词 some, any 以及不定代词 some, any. ⑤everyone 和 anyone 只用来指人, every one 和 any one 既可以指人,也可以指物 ? ⑥形容词修饰复合不定代词时,要放在复合不定代词之后?例如: somebody very tall nothing new something nice for dinner 5.10.3 简单不定代词 英语有以下简单不定代词:
说明: 1.表中的不定代词, 除 none 以外, 都可以作限定词, 作定语用?关于限定词的用法参见第三章? 2.表中的不定代词后面均可接 of? 5.10.4 简单不定代词的用法 1.all ①all of 可以与单数可数名词? 复数可数名词及不可数名词连用?all of 与单数 可数名词 连用时表示“the whole of”的意思,在正式语体中,通常用 the whole of 代 替?all of 与单数可数名词或不可数名词连用作主语时,动词用单数形式;all of 与复 数名词连用作主语时,指两个以上的人或物,动词用复数形式?例如: His action was condemned by all of the civilized world. 他的行为受到整个文明世界的遣责? All of the money you gave them has been spe

我要回帖

更多关于 very dirty 的文章

随机推荐