大学工程常用英语对话情景对话,20分钟后上课,急!!!!!

当前位置: >>
英语情景对话
奥运英语情景对话 Unit 1 New Beijing, Great Olympics 第一单元 新北京新奥运A: Let's talk about Beijing bidding for 2008 Olympic Games. 我们谈谈北京申办 2008 年的奥运会吧。 B: Okay. 好的。 A: Bidding for the Olympics is, in a way, a image-creating undertaking. 申办奥运在某种程度上是一个创造形象的重任。 B: Yes. I agree with you. Beijing must attract others by it unique image. 是的,我同意你。北京必须用自己独特的形象吸引人。 A: So Beijing gives their theme: New Beijing, Great Olympics. 因此北京提出的主题是:新北京、新奥运。 B: In my opinion, the 2008 Olympics will be a great green Olympics illuminated with two more special colors, yellow and red. 我认为 2008 年奥运会将会是一届伟大的绿色奥运会,与之相对的另外两种颜色是黄色和红 色。 A: Why do we call it like this? 为什么我们这样称呼它? B: Because the city's green area will make up 40% of its total till 2008. 因为到了 2008 年,这个城市的绿化面积将占城市总面积的 40%. A: I heard that along the Fourth Ring Road 12.5 million trees and over I million acres of grass will be planted. 我听说沿四环路将种上 1,2 亿棵树和 1 百万亩面积的草。 B: Yeah, a green Beijing will be achieved. 是的,绿色的北京,一定能实现。 A: And yellow Olympics? 那黄色奥运呢? B: We are all the yellow race and descendants of the Yellow Emperor. Therefore, yellow will naturally add splendor to the 2008 Olympics. 我们是黄种人,是炎黄子孙。因此,黄色自然会为 2008 年奥运会增添光彩。 A: Then red Olympics? 红色奥运呢? B: Red is the color of double happiness, representing joy, auspiciousness, enthusiasm and prosperity. 红色是幸福双至的颜色,它象征着快乐,吉祥,热情和繁荣。 A: In your mind, by 2008, Beijing will be a sea of red. 按照你这么说,到 2008 年,北京将是一片红色的海洋。 B: Yes. Our Olympics will be a unique one. 是的,我们的奥运会将会是一届独特的奥运会。 A: Let's look forward to that moment. 让我们期待着那一刻的到来吧。 Unit 2 Olympics Project 第二单元 奥运工程A: As a leader of the Chinese Olympic bid, could you talk about the general preparations for the 2008 Olympic Games in several years? 作为奥申委的负责人,你能谈一谈关于 2008 年奥运会在今后七年里的一些准备工作吗? B: Okay, it's well known that Beijing Municipal Government has already set the theme for the future games: New Beijing, Great Olympics. 好的,众所周知,北京市政府已经为未来的奥运会设立了主题:新北京,新奥运。 A: A great creative idea! Can you explain what the meaning of the theme is? 一个非常具有创意的设想!你能给我们解释一下这一主题意义吗? B: With pleasure. We defined 2008 Olympics as Green Olympics, High-tech Olympics and People's Olympics. 非常高兴。我们已经把 2008 年奥运会定义为“绿色奥运,科技奥运和人文奥运。” A: Fantastic! How does Beijing Municipal Government manage to do it? 太棒了!北京市政府如何才能做到这一点呢? B: According to the theme, &The Green Olympics Action Plan& is being carried out. In several years, we will invest 100 billion RMB in preseving and protecting the environment. 12.5 million trees and more than 1 million acres of grass will be planted along the Fourth Ring Road. At the same time, we will also control industrial pollution. 根据这个主题,“绿色奥林匹克运动会行动计划”的方案正在实施。在今后的几年里,我们将 在保存和保护环境方面投入一千亿元人民币, 沿着四环路将会种上一千二百五十万棵树和一 百多方亩草,与此同时,我们要控制工业污染源。 A: Great project! 非常宏大的工程! B: Yes. Welcome businessmen from all over the world come and invest in Beijing! 是的,欢迎世界各地的商业人士前来投资! A: Thank you! 谢谢! Unit 3 Green Olympics 第三单元 绿色奥运A: Do you know what the main feature the Sydney Olympics is, John? 你知道悉尼奥运会还有一个什么特点吗? B: Of course, I know. 我当然知道。 A: What? 什么特点? B: Environmental protection. 环保啊! A: Do you know when IOC put forward the issue of environmental protection? 你知道国际奥委会在哪一年提出环保课题的吗? B: Sorry, I have no idea about it. 抱歉,这我还真不知道。 A: Let me tell you. In 1991. At that time, Sydney put forward the slogan &environmental protection&, thus, it won the bid. 让我来告诉你,那是 1991 年。当时,悉尼正是打出“环保牌”才赢得申办权。 B: What a nice memory! Oh, I know that Beijing and Sydney bid for the Olympic Games together. 好记性!噢,我知道那时北京和悉尼一起参加申奥。 A: Yeah, Sydney had five strate-gies: save energy, save water, reduce trash, prevent pollution, and protect the environmnet. They tried to host a &Green Olympics&. 不错,悉尼有五大战略,即:节能、节水、减少垃圾、防止污染与保护环境。他们要办一届 “绿色奥运”。 B: They have racked their brain. 他们可谓绞尽脑汁。 A: Yes. Even the torch and fuel are produced by using environmental protection techniques and materials. 是的。就连火炬和燃料都采用环保技术与材料制成。 B: Even so, there was still much pity left. The Green and Peace Organization called it at most a half green. 即使如此,还留下了不少遗憾。绿色和平组织,称其最多是半绿色。 A: That's been quite good. It's the beginning after all. I'm sure that it will be better and better. 已经很不错了,毕竟是刚刚开始嘛。我相信以后会越来越好。 Unit 4 Olympics Economy 第四单元 奥运经济R: Beijing was voted as the host city of the Olympics in 2008. What do you think of it as a senior official. 北京已被选定为 2008 年奥运会的举办城市。 你作为一位政府的高级官员, 请问你有何看法? O: Firstly, I'm so excited and proud at hearing the good news. On the other hand, I think it's an expected thing. 首先,当我听到这一好消息,我非常地激动和自豪!从另一个角度来说,我认为这是意料之 中的事。 R: Why do you think so? 为什么是意料之中的事呢? O: Well, it's the result of the reform and opening up for 20 years and economic development of China. 这是中国二十年改革开放和经济发展的结果。 R: I feel the same way. In your opinion, the reason of Beijing winning 2008 Summer Olympics is that the power of the country is becoming stronger. 也有同感。你认为北京赢得 2008 年夏季奥运会是因为中国变得越来越强大。 O: Of course. Without the great development of China, it is impossible for Beijing to win 2008 Summer Olympics. 当然了。没有中国经济的巨大发展,对北京来说,赢得 2008 年夏季奥运会的主办权也是不 可能的。 R: Great! could you talk about the general impact on the economic development of China from the success? 非常好!你能不能谈一下申奥的成功会给中国经济发展总体上带来的影响吗? O: Ok, It will advance the development of infrastructure, transportation, tourist industry, telecom and information technology, especially environment. 可以,它将推动基础设施、交通、旅游业和信息服务业、特别是环境建设的新发展。 R: Thank you for lots of information. 谢谢你谈了这么多。 Unit 5 Influence of Olympics 第五单元 奥运的影响力J: Do you know the news about the success of Beijing winning 2008 Summer Olympics. 北京已经赢得 2008 年夏季奥运会,你知道吗? M: Yes, Of course. Chinese all knew the news shocking the whole world. 是的,当然知道。每一个中国人都知道这令人震惊的消息。 J: Wonderful! I'm almost excited to fall in a faint. I'm sure it will advance our nation's economic development and improve Chinese life condition. 棒极了!我高兴的几乎要晕过去,我相信这会推动我国经济发展,提高人民生活状况。 M: I think so. That'll boost the related industries, such as education, manufacture industry, tourist industry, transportation etc. 我也这样认为,这会促进相关产业的发展,诸如教育产业、制造业、旅游业、交通等。 J: You are right. It'll also improve our scientific technology! 对,还能提高我们的科学技术水平! Unit 6 Olympic Vow 第六单元 奥林匹克誓言A: Where are you heading? 你俩要去哪里? D: Take a walk. We just had dinner. And you? 散散步,我们刚吃过晚饭。 M: Annie, do you know &Olympic Vow&? Annie, 你知道奥林匹克誓言吗? D: Mark, you should know what Annie is named by our class mates, an &Olympic Expert&! 马克,你应该知道 Annie 被同学称为什么吧,“奥运通”啊! A: Don't be kidding. In fact, the oath was composed by Pierre de Coubertin. At the opening ceremony, an athlete of the host country recites the following, &In the name of all competitors, I promise that we will take part in these Olympic Games, respecting and abiding by the rules which govern us, in the true spirit of sportsmanship for the glory of sports and the honor of our teams.& 不要开玩笑了。其实,运动员宣誓誓词是由顾拜旦起草的。在开幕式上,由主办国运动员宣 读誓言:“我代表全体运动员宣誓,我保证我们参加奥林匹克运动会,尊重和遵守体育规则, 发扬体育道德精神,为体育争光,为国家争荣誉。” M: Did it start form the 7th Games? 那是从第七届开始的吗? A: Yes. Besides taking an oath by the athletes, the flag was raised from that time as well. 是的。除了运动员宣誓外,会旗也是在这届奥运会上第一次升起的。 D: At that time, Belgium was destroyed during the WWI, and because of the lack of time, money and materials, the 1920 Olympics in Antwerp were not very impressive and not well documented. Anyhow, it set several No. 1 in the history of the Olympic Games. 那时,比利时在一战中遭到破坏,由于缺乏资金、时间和物资,1920 年在安特卫普举行的 那届奥运会不是很吸引人,也没有较好地文献记载。但不管怎么说,它也创下了奥运史上的 几个第一。 Unit 7 The Olympic Spirit 第七单元 奥林匹克精神J: Annie, do you know what is the Olympic Spirit? Annie, 你知道什么是奥林匹克精神吗? A: Is it mutual understanding, friendship, unity and fair play? 是不是相互了解、友谊、团结和公平竞争? J: Yes, it is. Gao Jie, when did China's professional athletes come into being? 是的,就是那个。高洁,中国职业运动员的产生是什么时候开始的? G: At the present, there has not been a wording for professional athletes in China. This is because the Chinese modern athletic sports started rather late and the sports clubs are far from mature as the European and American countries. 从目前来看,中国尚未有职业运动员的说法。因为,中国的竞技体育运动起步较晚,体育俱 乐部也远没有欧美国家那样成熟。 A: The professional athlete are those who must observe the required rigorous treaty when they sign the contract and serve for the clubs, besides taking a generous sum of annual salary. In fact, although such sports management is beneficial to the promotion of the athletic sports level, its drawback is obvious, too. The outstanding athletes have to bear the annoyance that they are bought without any freedom by the employer. 欧美国家的职业运动员在俱乐部里签约服役, 除了拿丰厚的年薪外, 还得遵守苛刻的限定条 约。实际上,这样的体育经营虽然有利于促进竞技体育水平的提高,但是其弊端也是十分明 显的。优秀的运动员不得不忍受老板一次性买断自由的烦恼。 G: Some boxing events and free combat events, which blindly seek economic profit, have already deviated from the sports to a large extent. They seriouly violate the Olympic Spirit. 有些一味追求经济效应的拳击项目,自由搏击项目等,很大程度上已经偏离了体育精神。他 们严重违背了奥林匹克精神。 J: Perhaps the deficiency existing in athletic sports can be entirely supplemented from non-athletic events. 也许竞技体育存在的不足,完全可以从非竞技项目中得到补充。 A: Not certain. The negative effects brought by athletic sports is impossibe to get rid of entirely. Look, you! Stimulant, bribery and miscarriage of justice always puzzle the Olympic Spirit all the time. 不一定。竞技体育带来的消极影响不可能彻底摆脱的。你们看!兴奋剂、受贿、误判等,始 终困挠着奥林匹克精神。 G: Don't worry. The Sydney Olympics is a watershed. Since its beginning, anti-doping has risen from traditional battle to the battle of biologic engineering. 不用担心了。 悉尼奥运会是一个分水岭, 从它开始, 反兴奋剂已从传统战升级为生物工程战。 A: It is the way. They abused the gold medal, and made the competition unfair. 就应该这样。他们诬蔑了金牌,比赛也变得不公平了。 G: Therefore, someone compares those stimulants as a &cancer&, are &underworld& and &the hacker of the sports community&. 因此,有人把兴奋剂比喻为“毒瘤”,是“黑社会”,是“体坛黑客”。 A: It can't be more visualized! I hope it can give back pure Olympics to human beings. 再形象不过了!我希望能还给人类纯洁的奥运会。 Unit 8 Talking about the Olympic Flag 第八单元 谈论奥运会旗A: Talking of the Olympic Flag, what do you know about it? 说起了奥运会会旗,你们对它了解多少呀? B: There will be a handing-over and taking-over ceremony in each closing ceremony of the Olympic Games. The mayor of the host city will give the flag to president of the IOC, and president will hand it to the mayor of the next host city. 每届奥运会的闭幕式上都有会旗的交接仪式, 由奥运会主办城市市长将会旗交给国际奥委会 主席,主席再将旗递交下届主办城市的市长。 C: But the flag raised at the opening ceremony of the Olympics is only a substitute. The host city treasures it after it receives the flag. 但在奥运会开幕式上升起的那面旗只是一面代用品,主办城市接旗后都把它珍藏起来了。 A: The flag was officially used on June 15, 1914. It was first raised at the celebration congress of the 20th anniversary restoration of the Olympics movement in Paris. Unfortunately, this Olympic flag was burned in the flames of WWI. 会旗正式使用是 1914 年 6 月 15 日,在巴黎为庆祝现代奥林匹克运动恢复 20 周年纪念大会 上第一次升起。不幸的是,这面会旗毁灭在第一次世界大战的战火中。 B: Then where does the flag we use now come from? 那我们现在用的那面会旗是从哪里来的呢? A: The flag we use now was made by the Belgian Olympic Committee in 1920 when the Games were held in Antwerp. It was given to the International Olympic Committee as a gift, which has been used since then. 现在使用的会旗是 1920 年在比利时安特卫普举行奥运会时,比利时奥委会制作时,并且把 它赠给了国际奥委会,一直沿用到现在。 B: It was passed down one games after another it became an &Heirloom&. 这样一届一届传下去,就成了“传家宝”了。 Unit 9 Olympics and Chinese culture 第九单元 奥运与中国文化A: Hi, Jim. How are you going? 喂,Jim, 最近在忙什么呢? B: I'm writing a book. 我正在写一本书。 A: Really? What book? 真的吗?什么书啊? B: About Olympics and Chinese culture. 关于奥运和中国文化。 A: Terrific! Talk aout it, OK? 非常棒! 谈谈如何? B: Yes. It's well-known that Beijing will hold the 29th Olympic Games in 2008, and it's a golden chance to prosper our culture. I want to introduce the common cultural sense of China to show our splendid culture through my book. 可以,众所周知,北京将在 2008 年举办第 29 届奥运会,我想通过这本书介绍一些中国的文 化常识,借此展示一下中国灿烂的文化。 A: Good idea! Anything else? 好主意,其他的呢? B: About the other.. oh, by introducing the common cultural sense, I want to make readers, especially foreign readers understand Chinese social value, life style and etc. 关于其他...哦,对了,通过这些文化常识,我想让读者,特别是外国朋友明白中国人的社会 价值观、生活方式等等。 A: Good, very good! 好,真棒! B: We try our best to make Chinese culture merge into the world's cultural, economic and social development, to make it meet the need of the time. 我们要尽力使中国的文化发展涌入世界文化、 经济和社会发展潮流之中, 使它更好地适应时 代发展的需要。 A: Fantastic! I hope to become the first reader after you complete it. Wish you success! 妙极了,我希望成为这本书的第一个读者,祝你成功! B: Thank you very much! 谢谢你的支持 Unit 10 Wonderful Paralytics 第十单元 精彩残奥会A: Look! So many handicapped people. 看,那么多残废人。 B: Yeah. They talk and laugh. They talk and laugh. They don't feel self-humiliation at all. 是的。他们有说有笑,一点也不自卑。 A: That's right. The Paralytics will open soon. 不错,残奥会不久就要开幕了。 B: Maybe among them there are world champions. 或许他们中有世界冠军。 A: Though they are handicapped in the body, the standard of health mainly depends on the inner strength. 尽管他们身体残废,但健康的标准主要在于心灵健康。 B: What's the purpose of the Paralytics? 残奥会的目的是什么? A: To help the handicapped people recover physically and mentally. 帮助残废人从身体和心理上都得到康复。 B: It's set up in order to better display the Olympic spirit of &impartiality&, participation and competition. 它的设立充分体现了奥运会“公平、参与、竞争”的原则。 A: Right. If they are able to live optimistically, we healthy people should live an even better life. 对,残废人能这样乐观地生活,我们肢体健全的人更应该好好生活了。 B: We should cherish our daily life. 我们应当珍惜每一天的生活。 Unit 11 Chinese in Olympic Games 第十一单元 中国奥运战绩A: Do you still remember the 9th Olympic Games? 你还记得第九届奥运会吗? B: Sure! It's in Amsterdam, Holland in 1928. 当然记得!是 1928 年在荷兰的阿姆斯特丹举行的。 A: Good memory! 好记性! B: Shooting athlete Xu Haifeng won the first gold medal in this game. 在这次运动会上射击选手许海峰为中国赢得了第一枚奥运金牌。 A: A hero! And then? 他是一位英雄,接着呢? B: Li Ning won 3 gold medals alone. 李宁独得了 3 枚金牌。 A: How much gold medals did China win in that Games? 在那次运动会上中国总共获得多少金牌? B: 15 gold medals. 15 枚。 Unit 12 Preparation for Olympic Games 第十二单元 为奥运作准备A: Hi, Mr. Zhang, why are you so happy? 喂,老张,为何如此高兴啊? B: Hi, Jim. Didn't you know Beijing won? 哦,是 Jim, 难道你不知道北京赢了? A: Yes, I knew. It is a golden chance for you. 是,我知道。这对你可是黄金的发展机会呀。 B: Yes! I have looked foward to the moment for 15 years. 是呀!我已经盼了十五年了。 A: Me too. How are you doing for it? 我也是呀,打算怎么干? B: I have enough confidence in myself! I'm learning English and learning how to do foreign food. 我对我自己充满信心! 我正在学习英语和学做外国的食品。 A: Really? 真的吗? B: Yes! At the same time, I planned to rebuild my restaurant and improve the service quality and add the numbers of the food and meal. 是呵!与此同时,我已计划重修我的饭馆,提高服务质量,增加食品种类。 A: Great! Wish you success! 太棒了,祝你成功! B: Thank you! Welcome you 谢谢你,也欢迎你... Unit 13 Table Tennis all over the Country 第十三单元 全国性的乒乓球运动A: Er, have you read about Table Tennis of Olympics in today's newspaper, Miss? 小姐,你看过今天报纸上的奥运乒乓球赛吗? B: Yes, I have. China has triumph for the great wall. 是的,我看过。中国又赢得了大满贯。 A: Good news. 好消息! B: Why has the result been like? 为什么结果一直是这样呢? A: In China that's almost our national game. People from all walks play it. 在中国乒乓球几乎是全国性运动,各行各业的人都玩乒乓球。 B: What does table tennis require? 乒乓球有哪方面的要求? A: It requires speed, balance, stamina, agility, flexibility, coordination and good footwork. 它需要速度、协调性、耐力、灵敏、柔韧、协作和良好的步法。 B: That's interesting. 那很有趣。 A: How about you? 你玩得怎么样? B: I'm only an amateur. 我仅仅是个业余爱好者。 A: Do you often play it? 你常玩吗? B: Yes. Sure! 是的,当然经常玩。 Unit 14 Talking about Chinese Football 第十四单元 谈论中国足球A: Do you know that Chinese women's soccer team won the Asian women's soccer tilte again last Sunday? 你知道吗?中国女足上周日又获得了亚洲女足冠军。 B: Really? How exciting! Who was the rival in the final this time? 真的吗?太让人激动了!这次决赛的对手是谁? A: It's Democratic People's Republic of Korea. 是朝鲜。 B: What was the result? 结果怎么样? A: 3: 0. 3: 0. B: By the way, what do you think about Chinese National Football Team? 顺便问一下,你认为中国男足水平如何? A: Very low. There are many shortcomings of Chinese football. 我认为很低,中国男足有许多不足之处。 B: I agree with you. Can you give some examples? 我很赞同。你能举些例子吗? A: Certainly, I think they lack basic football skills. The teamwork is inadequate and the ability to score goals is quite poor. 当然。我认为他们基本功不扎实,团队精神不足,射门能力也差。 B: Yes, there's really a long way to go for Chinese National Football Team. 是的,中国足球队要走的路确实还很长啊。 Unit 15 Studying swimming 第十五单元 学习游泳R: I can swim only about the length. Then I swim down like a brick. Can you teach me some swimming skills? 我只能游很近一段距离,然后就会像砖头一样沉下去,你能教我一些游泳技巧吗? L: Well, your really need more practice, and a little extra instruction. 哦,你确实需要多加练习和额外辅导。 R: I pulled muscles sometimes, and it was very painful. How can I avoid it? 我有时候会抽筋,非常痛,我几乎溺水了,怎样才能避免抽筋呢? L: You just need some warm-up exercises before beginning swimming. 你只需要在游泳前做些热身运动就行了。 R: You are right. Swimming is a good work-out, it keeps me healthy and fit, and gives me fun, too. 你说的对,游泳是一项很好的训练。既保持健康和体形,还有乐趣。 L: So you should stick to it. 所以你要坚持训练哟。 Unit 16 Seeing a watch 第十六单元 观看球赛L: Neil, come here quickly! Look, what a match! 尼尔, 快来看!多精彩的比赛啊! N: I'm coming! What's the score now? 我就来!现在比分是多少? L: 3:1. Team A is so well co-ordinated that the other team has no chance. 3:1. A 队配合相当默契,对方根本就没有机会。 N: Yeah. It is the tightest playing I have ever seen so far. 是啊,这是我看过的协调合作最好的一场球赛了。 L: Look at the girl in the front. I think she is the best player. She really served well. I admire her very much. 看前面那个女孩儿。我想她是她们当中最好的球员。她发球发得很好。我很佩服她。 N: Ouch! The ball is too high. 哎哟!球发得太高了。 L: What a pity! The opponent block it quite easily. 太可惜了,对方轻而易举就拦网了。 N: Serving the ball. 发球。 L: By the way, what are the different kinds of service? 顺便问一下,发球方法有几种? N: There are three basic kinds of services: the understand serve, the overhand serve, andthe hook serve or roundhouse serve.基本上有三种:下手发球、上手发球和钩手发球或抡臂钩手发球。 L: How mang ways can the overhand serves be played in ? 有多少种上手发球的方法? N: Overhand serves may be played in differents ways, such as the overhand floater serve, the overhand spin serve and the power serve. 上手发球有不同的方法,例如上手飘球、上手旋转球和大力发球等。 L: Look, the guy hit the ball too low. 看,那个家伙打得太低了。 N: Yes, I think team A will win as it goes. 是啊,照这样下去,我想 A 队会赢得比赛。 Unit 17 Gymnastics 第十七单元 体操运动M: I want to learn gymnastics. Can you help me, Amy? 我想学习体操运动,我能帮我吗,Amy? A: With pleasure. First of all, you should learn some basic knowledge about gymnastics. 非常乐意。首先,你需要学习有关体操的一些基本常识。 M: How many set exercises are there for women? 女子规定动作有几项? A: There are four: floor exercise, vault, balance beam and asymmetrical bars. 有四项:自由体操、跳马、平衡木和高低杠。 M: I know that a gymnast should have excellent physical and mental qualities. 我知道一个优秀的体操运动员需要有良好的身体素质和心理素质。 A: That's trune. Just now I said there were four set exercise for women. Besides, there are also optional exercise. They are chosen by the competitor. 对。刚才我说过女子规定动作有四项,除此之外,还有自选动作,由参赛者自己设计。 M: Are floor exercises performed on a mat twelve meters square? 体操是在 12 平方米的体操垫上进行的吗? A: Yeah, and the women's floor exercise should last between sixty and ninety seconds, while men's between fifty and seventy seconds. 是啊。女子自由体操应在 60-90 秒内完成,而男子则是 50-70 秒。 M: Can you tell me the skills of floor exercises? 能告诉我自由体操的一些技术吗? A: The floor exercises include many skils, such as tumbling skills, balance, flexibility, strength, grace, rhythm and personality. 自由体操包括许多技术,比如翻筋斗、平衡、柔韧、力量、优美、节奏和个人创新等技巧。 M: Well, what about vault? 那么,跳马呢? A: The phrases of a vault are composed of take-off, pre-flight, repulsion, post-flight and landing. The directions of men's vault and women's vault are different. Men vault over the length of the horse while women vault over the width of the horse. 跳马由第一腾空、推手、第二腾空及着地四个步骤组成。另外,男子跳马与女子跳马的方向 不同,前者是纵向跳而后者则是横向跳。 M: Referring to vault, did Lu Li win the women's vault? I heard she captured China's first gymnastics gold at the 25th Olympic Games. 谈到跳马,我想问陆莉是否夺得了女子跳马冠军?我听说她在第 25 届奥运会上为中国夺得 了第一枚金牌。 A: No, but she won uneven bars. 没有,但她赢得了高低杠金牌。 M: She must have willpower, determination, intelligence and creative expression of feelings. 她一定具有坚强意志、决心、机智灵敏和对情感的创造性表达。 A: That's why she could win. 这就是她获胜的原因。 M: How I envy her! 我真羡慕她! Unit 18 Exercise Playing Basketball 第十八单元 练习蓝球L: What a game! I like playing man-to-man defense, while I can keep my guy from scoring. 多精彩的比赛!我喜欢这种一对一的防守赛,这样我可以阻止对手得分。 M: Yeah! If we had been playing zone defense, I don't think we would have beaten them by so much. 是啊!如果我们当时打区域联防,就不会赢他们那么多了。 L: We might only have tied, and then gone into overtime. 我们顶多只能打个平手,然后进入加时赛。 M: But I knew we were going to win by intuition. 但我凭直觉就知道我们会赢。 L: Really? 真的吗? M: Well, their play was too loose. They should have played a tighter game. Their defense seemed confused, uncoordinated. 是啊,他们的防守太松懈了。盯人应该盯紧一点才对。他们的防守阵容一片混乱,而且不够 默契。 L: That's true. Let it be, we won the game and really beat them. 那倒真是的。管它呢,反正我们已经赢了,也真正打败了他们。 M: Do you want to practice still more next Sunday? 下周日你想加强训练吗? L: Next Sunday? Okay. You can teach me how to hit the ones from inside the key. 下周日?好啊。你可以教我如何在篮板下投球。 M: You can perhaps help me improve my dribbling skills, too. 你也可以教我如何运球。 L: Sounds good. See you! 听起来不错。再见! M: Be there, or be square. 不见不散! Unit 19 The Effect of Exercises 第十九单元 运动的作用P: Ahh.. What a nice day! What about an outdoor exercise? 啊,天气真好。到户外活动活动怎么样? T: Ok. The air is so fresh. 好的,空气是真新鲜。 P: Which exercise do you often like? 平常你喜欢什么样的活动? T: I'm fond of the shuttle cock, the seesaw and playing basketball. How about you? 我喜欢跳毽子、玩跷跷板和打篮球,你呢? P: I like dancing, swimming and so on. 我喜欢跳舞、游泳等等。 T: Which one do you like best? 你最喜欢哪一项运动? P: I think there is nothing better than swimming for excercise. 我认为什么运动都不如游泳。 T: Why? 为什么? P: Because it can boost our whole body capaity. 因为它能增强我们全身的机能。 T: How many strokes are there usually? 通常有几种游泳姿势? P: There are freestlye, backstroke, butterfly, frog stroke and etc. 有自由泳、仰泳、蝶泳、蛙泳等。 T: I heard exercise can also boost brain function. 我听说,运动还能增强大脑功能。 P: Yes. Exercise can improve blood flow and spur cell growth, and exercise can lose weight. 是的,锻炼能促进血液流动和细胞生成,而且运动还能减肥。 T: A growing keep-fit fever is sweeping over China, isn't it? 中国人掀起了一股健身热,这是真的吗? P: In order to live a happy life, everyone wants to have a good health and a long life. 过着幸福的生活,谁不想有个健康的身体,谁不想长寿啊。 T: What do they play with usually? 他们通常都玩些什么? P: For people around the retirement age, they do some Taijiquan, perform sword and practise the Chinese Wushu. 对退休年龄的人,他一般打打太极拳、舞舞剑、练练中国武术。 T: How about young people? 年轻人呢? P: They are now flocking to keep-fit centers. 现在许多年轻人都时兴健身房锻炼。 Unit 20 Knowledge about Tennis 第二十单元 网球知识H: Can you tell me some International Tennis Organizations, please? 你能告诉我一些世界网球组织的名称吗? J: Yes. There are many. For example, International Lawn Tennis Federation. Women's International Tennis Federation, Association Tennis professional, and Women's Tennis Association. 可以。有许多网球组织,例如,国际草地网球联合会、国际女子网球联合会、世界男子职业 网球协会和世界女子职业网球协会。 H: What about some world tournaments? 世界比赛又有哪些呢? J: As far as I know, there are Grand Slam Cup and Hall of Fame Championships. 据我所知,有大满贯杯赛和网球名人锦标赛。 H: Thank you for telling me so much. 谢谢你告诉我这么多。 J: You're welcome. 别客气。 Unit 21 Hard-won Gold Medal 第二十一单元 金牌来之不易B: Once every four years, the greatest athletes from all over the world gather together to take part in the Olympic Games. 每隔四年,世界上最优秀的运动员都从四面八方汇集到一起参加奥林匹克盛会。 J: I think getting a gold medal is the dream of every competitor. 我认为赢得一枚金牌是每一个运动员的梦想。 B: But they have to spend long years training hard and lonely. 但是他们必须为此年复一年地进行漫长而且常常是单一枯燥的训练。 J: Of course. After all that hard work, they will go the Olympics to compete against other excellent competitors. 当然。付出这些艰辛的劳动之后,他们要到奥运赛场上同其他优秀的选手较量。 B: Besides, each of them has to overcome particular difficulties on their way to success. 除此之外,他们中的每一个人还不得不在他们成功的道路上克服许多困难。 J: Yes. Behind success are tears and sweats. 对。成功的背后有太多的泪水和汗水。 Unit 22 Talking about diving Diva 第二十二单元 谈论跳水女星A: Fu Mingxia became the first Chinese woman with 5 career medals. 伏明霞成为中国首位拥有 5 枚奥运金牌的女选手。 B: She's a diving Diva. 她是跳水女皇。 A: Yes. Eight years ago, just as a teenager, she owned her first Olympic title in Barcelona. 是的。八年前在巴塞罗那,仅仅是一个小姑娘,她便赢得了她的首枚奥运金牌。 B: So great! 太伟大了! A: In Atlanda she won two diving gold medals in all. 亚特兰大奥运会上,她夺得两枚跳水金牌。 B: Why did she rejoin? 为什么她又复出呢? A: She said maybe she had a lot of gold medals, but she didn't consider herself special. 她说或许她有许多金牌,但她认为自己没有什么特别。 B: Will she attend the 28th Olympic Games? 她会参加第 28 届奥运会吗? A: Maybe. 或许吧。 Unit 23 The Most Handsome Football Star 第二十三单元 最帅的球星B: Have you heard that Beckham wrote a book about himself? 你听说了吗?贝克汉姆写了一本关于自己的书? K: Of course. Five thousand people queued for over ten hours to see David Beckham sign copies of his autobiography. 当然了。5000 人排了 10 个多小时的队就为了等到贝克汉姆在自传上的签名。 B: They must be mad. 他一定是疯了。 K: Why are you so? If I were them, I would do that too. 为什么这么说?如果我是他们,我也会那么做的。 B: Are you his fan? 你是他的球迷? K: Yes. I love his good-looking, his shyness and his supereminent talent. 是的。我爱他的英俊,爱他的腼腆和他的才华横溢。 B: Do you love football? 你爱足球吗? K: What do you mean? 你是什么意思? B: I mean Beckham is famous for his good-looking, not his football skill. 我的意思是贝克汉姆出名是因为他的英俊,而不是他的球技。 K: No. Since he stepped out onto the pitch for his first team place as a shifted teenager, David Beckham has always been Manchester United's favorite. 不。自从作为天才少年首发上场以来,贝克汉姆始终是曼联最受喜欢的球员。 B: Really? 真的吗? K: The England defeated German in 2000 after 34 years' fight. And the most important one was passed by him. 2000 年,英格兰经过 34 年的拼搏终于打败了德国队。而最为重要的一个球就是他传的。 B: Oh, I begin to love him now. 噢,我开始喜欢他了。 Unit 24 The Best Athlete 第二十四单元 最好的运动员E: He is only an amateur athlete, but he is the best one. 他只是一位业余运动员,但他是最好的。 K: Whom are you talking about? 你在说谁啊? E: He is Spiriton Louis, the first marathon winner at the first modern Olympic Games in Athens in 1896. 他就是斯皮里东-路易斯。他是 1896 年在雅典举行的第一届现代奥运会上第一个马拉松冠 军。 K: Yes, he is great, but I don't think he is the best in modern Games. 他的确很棒,但我不认为他是现代奥运会中最好的运动员。 E: Who is your bravest hero? 你认为最勇敢的英雄是谁? K: Jesse Owens. I think he is the greatest. He was one of the first black American athletes to win gold, and he broke all the rules of Hitler's Party. His 8.06-meter long jump record remained unbeaten for 25 years. 杰斯-欧文斯,我想他才是最好的。他是最早获得金牌的美国黑人运动员之一,并且冲破了 希特勒的纳粹党定下的所有规则。他的 8.06 米的跳远纪录一直保持了 25 年没被打破。 E: We have our own best athletes. But there may not be the best, or we can say all of them are the best. 我们拥有自己认为最好的运动员, 但是或许并不存在最好的, 或者可以说, 他们都是最好的。 K: I couldn't agree more. 我很赞同。 Unit 25 What an Affecting Girl 第二十五单元 令人感动的女孩P: I ever heard a story at an English speaking contest. 我曾经在一次英语演讲比赛中听到一个故事。 J: About what? 关于什么? P: A girl on the playground. 一个赛场上的女孩。 J: How was she? 她怎么了? P: She came from Europe, and her name has faded from our memory. In the competition she had been in lead though she stumbled near the terminus and her leg was injured. 她来自欧洲,她的名字早已被人们遗忘了。赛场上她一直处于依先位置,然而在临近终点时 她摔倒了,腿受了伤。 J: It's a shame! 太遗憾了! P: Yeah. Competitors passed her from behind in succession till only her weak and lonely figure remained on the track. Doctors came and offered to take her way. But she refused. 是的,竞争者一个个超过她,直到跑道上剩下她一个衰弱的、孤零零的身影。医生跑过来要 求把她抬起,然而她拒绝了。 J: Oh... 噢... P: With the only strength left in her, she managed to get up and shuffled feebly to the end point with drops of blood along her trail.. 她用身上仅剩的力气,挣扎着站起来,一步步走向终点,路上是一滴滴的鲜血... J: Oh, My dear! 噢,我的天哪! P: Though she failed in the race, the girl won the applause from people all over the world. 尽管赛场上她失败了,但她赢得了全世界人民的掌声。 J: How moving! Until now I know what the perserverance is. 真感人!直到现在我才了解什么是不屈不挠。 P: It was she who instilled perserverance in our mind. 正是她给我们的心灵灌输了坚持不懈的精神。 Unit 26 Get the Olympic Gold Medal by Conquering Herself 第二十六单元 战胜自己赢金牌K: Do you know Miss Shelly Mann? 你知道 Shelly Mann 小姐吗? J: Of course. She was an American athlete. She got the Olympic gold medal. 当然知道。她是美国运动员,她赢得过奥运会金牌。 K: But do you know she got polio? 但是你知道她曾经得了小儿麻痹症? J: Sorry, I have no idea. I know this disease affects the spinal cord and makes it difficult to move the body. 抱歉,我不知道。这种病影响脊柱,使得行动困难。 K: Yes. The doctor recognized she had this terrible disease when she was six years old. As the years went by, she gradually lost the power to move her fingers and toes, her arms and her legs. 是的。当她六岁时,医生发现过得了这种可怕的病症。随着时光流逝,她慢慢失去了移动手 指和脚趾以及胳膊和腿的能力。 J: It's too terrible. 太可怕了。 K: She could hardly move any part of her body little by little. 渐渐地她几乎不能移动身体的任何一个部位。 J: This was a difficult situation for Shelly. 对 Shelly 来说这是一个困难的局面。 K: At the moment she could only do one thing that she tried to enter the swimming pool. 仅有一件事情她可以做,她试着进入了游泳池。 J: It was difficult work. 这也是很困难的事情。 K: In water, she felt more equal to other children. Swimming soon became the most important part of her life. 在水中,她感到她和别的孩子是平等的。游泳很快成为她生活中的最重要的一部分。 J: It's great. 太伟大了。 K: Shelly continued to work hard. Shelly 继续努力着,她的游泳本领稳定地提高着。 J: Polio didn't really beat her. 小儿麻痹没有击败她。 K: She loved to swim, and loved to win. She worked hard without knowing it. 她爱游泳,也爱获胜。她会不自觉地努力锻炼。 J: Did she experience the failure? 她经历过失败吗? K: Sure. At the 1956 Olympics, she didn't even get a bronze of the 100 meters freestyle. 当然有。在 1956 年奥运会上,她甚至连 100 米自由泳铜牌都没有拿到。 J: But I heard she reached and touched the gold of the 100m buterfly. 但是我听说她还是获得了 100 米蝶泳金牌。 K: Yeah. When she received her medal, tears ran down her face. 对,当她接过金牌时,泪水湿润了她的面颊。
更多搜索:
All rights reserved Powered by
文档资料库内容来自网络,如有侵犯请联系客服。

我要回帖

更多关于 英语问路情景对话 的文章

随机推荐