第一题的lc against是什么意思思

扫二维码下载作业帮
2亿+学生的选择
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
2亿+学生的选择
新概念第四册一个句子习题的问题 原文:Two factors weigh heavily against the effectiveness of scientific research in industry.One is the general atmosphere of secrecy in which it is carried out,the other the lack of freedom of the individual research worker.习题:Two factors weigh heavily against the effectiveness of scientific research in industry.One is the general atmosphere of secrecy________,the other the lack of freedom of the individual research worker.a.which it is carried outb.which is carried outc.it is carried outd.it is carried out in为什么不能选b?
代悦圣代的215
扫二维码下载作业帮
2亿+学生的选择
这道题目是典型的定语从句的考题,主要是看原文:the general atmosphere of secrecy IN WHICH it is carried out.这里的IN他给移到后面了,前面的关系词改用了that,并且省略了,就变成了题目中的the general atmosphere of secrecy (that)it is carried out in.
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码人教版高一英语必修1模块综合试题(有答案)
您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文
人教版高一英语必修1模块综合试题(有答案)
作者:佚名 资料来源:网络 点击数: &&&
人教版高一英语必修1模块综合试题(有答案)
文章来源莲山课 件 w w w.5y K J.Co m 英语:模块综合检测2(人教版必修1)第一部分 (共两节,满分30分)第一节(共5小题;每小题1.5分,满分7.5分)听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。1.Where does the conversation take place?A.At home.  B.In the street.  C.In an office.2.Why has Jonathan been called to the teacher’s office?A.He was late for the exam.B.He failed the exam.C.He cheated in the exam.3.Where is the pot?A.On the back of the truck.B.In front of the well.C.On the r oad.4.What time is it now?A.10∶15.& B.10∶00.& C.9∶45.5.How should they receive the visitors,according to the woman?A.Give them a hand.B.Make them feel at home.C.Treat them at home.第二节(共15小题;每小题1.5分,满分22.5分)听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,各小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。听第6段材料,回答第6至7题。6.What would the woman like to drink?A.Tea.& B.Coffee.& C.Water.7.Who went on the trip& to the seaside last weekend?A.Mary.B.David.C.Some old&& people.听第7段材料,回答第8至9题。8.What are the two speakers talking about?A.Buy ing a dog.B.Exercising dogs.C.Exercising in the morning.9.How did the man name his dog?A.He named it after a car brand.B.He named it after his name.C.He named it after a famous star.听第8段材料,回答第10至12题。10.What is the man going to do?A.Buy a new car.B.Look at new cars.C.Show his new car.11.Why doesn’t the woman go with the man to the car show?A.She doesn’t want to see it now.B.She wants to go by herself.C.She never buys cars.12.How much is the cheapest car in the show?A.6,500 dollars.B.6,000 dollars.C.500 dollars.听第9段材料,回答第13至16题。13.What will the man do?A.Stay at home.B.Have an examination.C.Learn diving.14.What are the two speakers?A.Teachers.& B.Students.& C.Workers.15.Why won’t the woman take diving classes?A.She doesn’t ha ve enough money.B.She wants to put on weight.C.She wants to make money.16.What does the man suggest the woman do?A.Go out.B.Stay at home.C.Learn driving.听第10段材料,回答第17至20题。17.When was the oldest Chinatown built?A.About 100 years ago.B.Less than 100 years ago.C.More than 200 years ago.18.Where are Chinatowns the least common?A.In South America.B.In North America.C.In Asia.19.Who are often attracted to the Chinatowns now?A.Businessmen and researchers.B.Businessmen and travellers.C.Travellers and farmers.20.In the past,what did Chinatowns look like?A.Rich and modern.B.Poor and crowded.C.Rich and crowded.材料:(Text 1)W:Hello,Mr.Lin.I’m Jane Stevens.I’m glad I’ll be working with you.M:Welcome,Jane.Now,we’ve got some paperwork for you to fill out.(Text 2)W:I hear that Jonathan has been called to the teacher’s office again.M:It’s true.He was caught cheating in his exam.(Text 3)W:Where can we get some more water,Dad?M:There’s a well down the road.Take the pot tied on the back of the truck with you.(Text 4)M:Why are you in such a hurry,Rose?W:I’m going to Mr.Lee’s house.I have to return this book to him before ten o’clock.I only have 15 minutes left.(Text 5)W:A lot of visitors come to our country.We should receive them with open arms and make them feel comfortable when they are here.Right?M:Yes.We should make them feel at home.(Text 6)M:Hi Mary.Do make yourself at home.Would you like some coffee or tea?W:Thanks,David.Coffee,please.I’ve just dropped in to thank you for organizing last weekend’s trip to the seaside for the old people.M:That’s very kind of you.They all seemed to enjoy it,and some old ladies even played in the water.W:They certainly did.In fact,I don’t think you could have done it better.(Text 7)W:Hello,Eric.M:Hello,Sara.W:You’re out exercising your dog,I see. He looks happy and excited.M:Yes,dogs have to be exercised daily,otherwise they get out of shape.My neighbor’s dog is as fat as a pig because of lack of exercise.W:What’s his name?M:Rover.I named him after the car brand Rover.I love cars very much.W:That’s a good name for a dog.Why is he wagging his tail?M:Can’t you see?He wants one of us to throw that stick as far as we can for him to fetch.W:I won’t e on boy,go fetch!(Text 8)W:Long time no see,Harry.How are you doing?M:I am very well.Are you OK?W:Just soMso.Where are you going?M:I am going to look at new cars.There is a car show at the Exhibition Center today.I heard that there are many new types of cars on show.W:Well,that sounds good.I wish I could get one.I am also a car fan.M:Really?Why don’t you come along with me to the car show?W:I’d like to but I don’t want to see it now.M:Come on!I am sure you could get a good deal.It is reported that there are some special cars of good quality at low prices.The cheapest one costs only 6,000 dollars,about 500 dollars lower than the usual price.W:No,buying a new car is out of the question for me right now.(Text 9)M:The summer holidays are coming.I am looking forward to them.W:It will be really wonderful.M:Yes.I can’t wait.W:Do you have any plans for the holidays?M:I’m thinking of learning diving.What about you?W:That sounds interesting,but which center are you planning to go to?I don’t know of any.M:There is a diving school set up by someone who used to be a student at our school.It’s somewhere in New Jersey.W:I hear that diving classes are expensive.M:Yes,but I’ve saved some money for this.W:Then you go ahead.I don’t think I can afford it.I may just stay at home,getting fatter and fatter.M:Do go out,or you will not recognize yourself.You have already gained a lot of weight.W:Maybe you are right.& (Text 10)W:Professor Wang,I heard that you are doing research on Chinatowns.Can you tell me something about it?M:Yes.A Chinatown is an area in a city with a large number of Chinese,usually outside of China.Chinatowns are present throughout the world,including those in East Asia,Southeast Asia,the Americas,Australia,and Europe.Chinatowns can be found across the world,but are most common in North America,Asia,Australia and Europe.Some Chinatowns have a long history.The oldest Chinatown was founded by Chinese traders more than 200 years ago.In the past,Chinatowns were seen as poor and crowded places of traditional culture.Nowadays,many old and new Chinatowns are attracting a lot of businessmen and travellers.Chinatowns now have both traditional areas and modern sites of recent development.In some Chinatowns,recent business activities have turned them into rich centers of economic and social activity.答案:1~5.CCACB 6~10.BCBAB 11~15.ABCBA 16~20.ACABB第二部分 英语知识运用(共两节, 满分45分)第一节 单项(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。21.―How about putting some pictures into the report?―    A picture is worth a thousand words.A.No way.      &B.Why not?C.All right.& &D.No matter.解析:选B。本题考查交际用语。前者表示要在报告中加些照片,后者表示赞同,故B为正确答案,意思是“为什么不呢?一张照片胜过千言”。22.Led by Lincoln,the American blacks fought bravely    their rights and managed to be    slavery.A.with;free from& &B.for;againstC.for;free from& &D.against;for解析:选C。fight against的意思是“同……作斗争”;fight for的意思是“为……而斗争”;fight with的意思是“和……打仗,和……并肩作战”。be free from的意思是“摆脱……的束缚”,从这些短语的意思可以看出答案为C。23.The film brought the hours back to me    I was taken good& care of in that faraway village. A.until& &B.thatC.when& &D.where解析:选C。when引导定语从句,修饰先行词the hours。24.A special expert team has already been    to make close research on the wildlife and its protection.& A.built up& &B.picked upC.set up& &D.taken up解析:选C。build up“逐步建立;增进;增强”;pick up“捡起;拾起”;set up“建立;创立”;take up“开始从事;占据”。根据句意,C为正确答案。25.Tom refused to tell Jack the right answers in the exam,because it’s against his    .A.rules& &B.ordersC.principles& &D.laws解析:选C。从Tom refused to...可知他不愿意做违背原则的事。be against one’s principles违背某人的原则,符合句意。26.The traffic accidents this year in this city may    last year’s record of 385.A.escape& &B.attackC.equal& &D.found解析:选C。句意为:今年这个城市的交通事故次数可能达到去年385次的记录。equal等于,符合句意。escape逃跑;attack攻击;found建立。27.Last Saturday,they arrived at the farm    they had never paid a visit before.A.that& &B.whichC.to which& &D.for which解析:选C。分析句子结构可知,空格后面是 定语从句修饰先行词farm;又根据词组pay a visit to(参观,访问)可知应选to which。28.Lots of praise has come from those    prisoners’ relatives because the prisoners are getting better after hearing the lecture.A.peaceful& &B.hopefulC.active& &D.grateful解析:选D。根据because the prisoners are getting better after hearing the lecture可知囚犯的亲属们都非常感激,故用grateful(感激的)。peaceful和平的;hopeful有希望的;active活跃的。29.―Why do you put up these English cards on the wall?―Only in this way    the English words.A.I can remember& &B.can I rememberC.I remember& &D.remember I解析:选B。当only引导状语或状语从句放在句首加强语气时,句子经常使用倒装语序。30.Philip isn’t    at all;he always pays the bill when we eat in a restaurant.A.generous& &B.unfairC.selfish& &D.mean解析:选D。根据he always pays the bill可知Philip不是一个吝啬的人,故选mean。generous慷慨的;unfair不公平的;selfish自私的。31.Since this is the first time you have broken the law,you may be given a light    .A.judge& &B.prisonC.sentence& &D.blame解析:选C。句意为:因为这是你第一次犯法,你可能会得到轻判。a light sentence“轻判”。32.―How clever Eliza is!―Oh!She remembers every poem in the book    she wrote it.A.in order that& &B.as ifC.even if& &D.so that解析:选B。句意为:“Eliza真聪明!”“嗯!她记得书上的每首诗,就好像是她写的一样。”此处as if意思是“好像;仿佛”,后跟虚拟语气。33.It is the fifth time that the students in Trinity College     our school.A.have visited& &B.visitedC.were visiting& &D.had visited解析:选A。It is the first(second/third...)time...that...是固定句型,意为“是第一(二/三……)次……”。该句型中that从句用现在完成时。34.If we want to have a bright future,we must learn to act in ways    do not harm other living things.A.in which& &B.thatC./& &D.how解析:选B。先行词ways在定语从句中作主语,故引导词用that或which。35.Nowadays,many parents from the countryside cannot afford to educate their children,because the school    are too high.A.fares& &B.chargesC.fees& &D.bills解析:选C。fee费用(如会费、学费等);fare(旅行)费用;charge要价,费用(对服务、劳动索取的代价);bill账单。第二节 完形(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。Lena Horne was born in Brooklyn,New York in 1917.Her mother was away for much of her 36 .So her grandmother helped raise her.At the age of sixteen,Lena 37 work as a dancer at the famous Cotton Club in New York City.After 38  voice lessons,she soon began performing there as a singer too.At the age of nineteen,Lena moved to Pittsburgh and  39 Louis Jones,who was an actor. 40 ,their life together did not last long.But they had two 41 ,Gail and Edwin.In 1940,Lena Horne became the first AfricanMAmerican to travel and 42 with an allMwhite jazz band.She 43 made records and performed at New York City’s Café Society jazz club.This was the first nightclub in the United States 44 racial barriers (隔阂).Many jazz clubs during this period had 45  performers,but few allowed them to watch the 46 as part of the audience.Lena Horne became very 47 .After performing at a club in Hollywood,California,she 48 filmmakers.So with the help of some filmmakers,she soon 49 making movies.Lena Horne said that she was able to make movies 50 she was the kind of black person that white people could accept.But she said this was the 51 kind of acceptance.It was because of the way she 52 ,not because of how good she was or how hard she worked.However,through her hard work,she helped 53 racial barriers.During her sixtyMyear career as a performer,Lena Horne earned people’s 54 and respect.She used her fame to 55 social injustices(不公正)toward AfricanMAmericans.【解题导语】 本文向我们介绍了黑人女歌手、电影演员Lena Horne。36.A.dream& &B.performanceC.life& &D.childhood解析:选D。根据So her grandmother helped raise her的语境,可知Lena Horne小的时候,她妈妈常不在她身边,故选D37.A.disliked& &B.foundC.lost& &D.wanted解析:选B。这里是指Lena Horne十六岁的时候找了份跳舞的工作。38.A.taking& &B.givingC.making& &D.designing解析:选A。根据voice lessons以及后文的语境,可知这里是指Lena Horne上了一些发音练习的课,故选A。39.A.saw& &B.changedC.surprised& &D.married解析:选D。根据后文他们生了孩子的语境,可知这里是指Lena Horne跟Louis Jones结婚了。40.A.Excitingly& &B.AmazinglyC.Unfortunately& &D.Happily解析:选C。根据their life together did not last long可知不幸的是,Lena Horne跟Louis Jones在一起生活的时间并没有持续多久,故选C。41.A.relatives& &B.parentsC.friends& &D.children解析:选D。他们是一对夫妻,所以应该是有了两个孩子。42.A.perform& &B.playC.stay& &D.communicate解析:选A。根据后文语境,可知Lena Horne是跟着乐队去各地演出,故选A。43.A.always& &B.hardlyC.never& &D.also解析:选D。Lena Horne不仅跟着乐队演出,她还发表专辑,还在纽约市的Café Society爵士酒吧表演。44.A.without& &B.onC.for& &D.with解析:选A。Lena Horne是个黑人女人,她能够在那家酒吧表演,说明那家酒吧没有种族隔阂。45.A.yellow& &B.blackC.brown& &D.white解析:选B。这里是指黑人表演者,故选B。46.A.activities& &B.dancesC.shows& &D.people解析:选C。因为是在酒吧,所以应该是不允许黑人表演者在观众席区看“表演”。47.A.popular& &B.hardMworkingC.happy& &D.interesting解析:选A。根据后文语境,可知Lena Horne很受欢迎。48.A.took care of& &B.looked down uponC.got away from& &D.caught the attention of解析:选D。Lena Horne很受欢迎,吸引了一些电影制片人的注意。49.A.stopped& &B.preferredC.enjoyed& &D.began解析:选D。Lena Horne吸引了一些电影制片人的注意,所以不久之后就开始去拍电影了。50.A.if& &B.becauseC.though& &D.so解析:选B。后面是在解释原因,故选B。51.A.worst& &B.fastestC.best& &D.biggest解析:选A。根据But的语境,可知Lena Horne并不喜欢这种原因,故选A。52.A.served& &B.sangC.looked& &D.acted解析:选C。Lena Horne之所以被选中拍电影,是因为她的样子,而不是因为她优秀或者工作努力。53.A.protect& &B.breakC.exchange& &D.show解析:选B。根据后文语境,可知Lena Horne通过自己的努力,打破了种族隔阂。54.A.hate& &B.serviceC.pity& &D.love解析:选D。根据and respect的语境,可知Lena Horne赢得了观众的喜爱和尊敬。55.A.hide& &B.makeC.fight& &D.experience解析:选C。Lena Horne成名后,利用自己的名声反抗社会对黑人美国人的不公正对待,故选C。第三部分 阅读理解(共20小题;每小题2分,满分40分)阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。AMy mother loves flowers.As soon as warm weather comes around,you will find her planting,watering and weeding over everything.For many years we lived next door to each other,and she spent as much time in my garden as she did her own.After the flowers became plentiful each summer,she would cut colorful bouquets(花束)to enjoy inside the house-both hers and mine.I would often come home from work and find a beautiful arrangement(布置) of fresh flowers on my coffee table.Shortly before Christmas one year,a local flower shop offered a bouquetMaMmonth special.It seemed to be a great way to thank her for all of the flowers she had given me through the years.After the holidays,in& early January,I drove her to the flower shop to pick up her first month’s bouquet.The small fresh colorful bouquet would hardly fill a small vase(花瓶).I was so embarrassed(尴尬的).However,after we returned home,she began to arrange the flowers she had received.“Mom,I’m sorry,”I told her.“I can’t believe& how skimpy that bouquet is.”She looked at me and smiled.“It’s okay,”she said.“It allows me to better enjoy the beauty of each one.”Mom’s words helped me to realize something bigger and more important-when we have too many good things,we often fail to enjoy the beauty of each one. Thanks,Mom,for helping me understand that less is sometimes more.【解题导语】 作者给妈妈买了一束鲜花,可是数量太少,连一个小花瓶都装不满,但妈妈却很喜欢。56.According to Paragraph 1,which of the following is TRUE?A.The author’s mother put fresh flowers on the author’s coffee table.B.The author used to buy some fresh flowers on her way home.C.The author’s mother usually bought flowers for her daughter.D.The author and her mother shared a beautiful garden.解析:选A。细节理解题。由第一段最后两句话可知,“妈妈”经常将花园里新鲜的花拿到“我”和她的房间里,这样,我下班回家后会在咖啡桌上发现漂亮的鲜花,只有A项表达正确。57.The author bought her mother flowers to    .A.celebrate the coming ChristmasB.express thanks for all her mother’s doneC.bring more flowers to her mother’s gardenD.arrange her mother’s new house解析:选B。细节理解题。根据第二段的a great way to thank her for all of the flowers she had given me through the years可知。58.The underlined word “skimpy” in Paragraph 4 means    .A.beautiful& &B.colorfulC.cheap& &D.small解析:选D。词义猜测题。由第三段的The small fresh colorful bouquet would hardly fill a small vase.可知,那束花连一个小花瓶都装不满,可见花束很小。59.What did the author learn from her mother?A.How to grow flowers.B.How to arrange flowers.C.Enjoying life if possible.D.Considering things in other ways.解析:选D。推理。尽管花的数量很少,妈妈却说这样她可以更好地欣赏每一朵花。文章最后一段升华了主题。由此推断作者从她母亲那里学会从另一个角度去看事情。BIn 2016,athletes from around the world will compete(竞争)for gold medals in the Summer Olympics.Even though the games are seven years away,Brazil’s residents(居民)already feel like winners.The nation was recently named to host this important sporting event.It will be the first Olympics held in South America.The games will take place in Rio de Janeiro.The city beat out thre e other sites,Madrid,Tokyo and Chicago,to host the event.When the International Olympic Committee chose Rio de Janeiro,cheering people flooded the city’s streets.“This is huge for Rio and for the whole country,”says resident Sueli Ferreira.The Olympics are expected to attract tens of thousands of people.Brazilian officials have already started to prepare& for the crowds.“We know what we need to do,”explains Brazil’s president,Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva.“The words from now on are work,work and work.”Officials want to fix up local sports centers before Rio de Janeiro steps into the spotlight.They also want to reduce the amount of crime(犯罪).They hope hosting the games will improve life in Brazil.About 30 percent of people there live in poverty,or poor conditions.Tourism during the Olympics is expected to create more than 2 million jobs.“It’s going to be good for the economy(经济),good for the people,” Ferreira says.“This gives us hope that things will be better here.”【解题导语】 本文是一则新闻。2016年夏季奥运会将在巴西的里约热内卢举办。60.According to the passage,the 2016 Olympics will be held in    .A.Europe& &B.AsiaC.North America& &D.South America解析:选D。细节理解题。根据第一段以及第二段It will be the first Olympics held in South America可知,2016年夏季奥运会将在南美举办。主办城市是巴西的里约热内卢。61.The feeling of Brazilians can be described as    .A.proud& &B.surprisedC.worried& &D.nervous解析:选A。细 节理解题。根据第一段Brazil’s residents already feel like winners可推断巴西人民为申奥成功而感到自豪。第三段的cheering people也是提示。62.The underlined word “flooded” in Paragraph 3 means    .A.crossed& &B.filledC.visited& &D.cleaned解析:选B。词义猜测题。里约热内卢申奥成功了,人们涌向街头,欢庆胜利。flood这里是“充满”的意思,相当于fill。63.According to Brazil’s president,we can know    .A.the government needs help from the Brazilian publicB.the government will begin to prepare for the Olympics soonC.Brazilian officials will try hard to prepare for the OlympicsD.Brazilian officials are now too busy to prepare for the Olympics解析:选C。细节理解题。根据第四段巴西总统说的话可知,巴西的官员们将努力筹备好奥运会。CHow would you like to learn more without having to study more?Here’s how:1.Get to bed and go to sleep.Your performance,attention,and the ability to concentrate are damaged by lack of sleep.Teenagers need nine to ten hours of sleep a night for best performance.2.Feed your head.The brain runs badly if it doesn’t get enough fuel.That means protein(蛋白质)and complex carbs (复合碳水化合物)-eggs and wheat bread for breakfast,say,rather than sugary cereal(含糖的麦片粥)and orange juice.The biggest mistake teens make is not to have breakfast or to go for sugar,which raises blood sugar levels.3.Body exercise is brain exercise.Body exercise really improves brain performance,perhaps because it increases blood flow,or perhaps because it reduces stress and anxiety(焦虑).Twenty minutes of activity a day that raises your heart rate will do great good.4.Learn now what you want to remember for the rest of your life.Teenage brains are much better at remembering things than the brains& of young children or adults.Scientists aren’t sure why.Whatever the reason,the teenage years are the time to learn new languages and master other lifelong skills.5.Learn the power of riskMtaking.Adults are always worried about the downside of teenage riskMtaking,and it’s true that teenagers are more likely than adults to get themselves in trouble by drinking and driving.But the fact that the parts of the brain that drive people to try new,risky,and exciting things appear to be more developed in teenagers can be a huge advantage.Pick certain challenges-difficult sports,a hard job,mastering a performance art,traveling overseas-and the teenage brain is able to deal with them.They have this power they’re given to go out and do it without fear.6.Learn what you love.Because emotional(情感的)systems develop fast in teenager brains,teenagers learn things they’re interested in quickly and well.Their brains give them tools like attention on the project.【解题导语】 本文介绍如何充分利用时间,提高学习效率。64.According to the passage,teenagers should have    for breakfast.A.sugar and breadB.sugar and orange juiceC.wheat bread and eggsD.wheat bread and orange juice解析:选C。细节理解题。由第三段中的That means protein and complex carbs-eggs and wheat bread for breakfast,say,rather than sugary cereal and orange juice.可知。65.Body exercise plays a part in all the following EXCEPT    .A.reducing blood pressureB.raising heart rate&C.making people less anxiousD.reducing stress解析:选A。细节理解题。第四段中说到运动会加快血液流通,并没有说可以降低血压。66.The underlined word “downside” in the passage probably means    .A.excitement& &B.powerC.benefit& &D.disadvantage解析:选D。词义猜测题。由后半句it’s true that teenagers are more likely than adults to get themselves in trouble可以推断,downside是“不利因素”的意思 。67.It can be learned from the passage that    .A.teenagers need less sleep than adultsB.teenagers should be forbidden to driveC.scientists know why teenagers have a good memory D.teenagers learn& quickly when they are fond of something解析:选D。推理。由最后一段中的teenagers learn things they’re interested in quickly and well可知。DRecent studies show that rickets(软骨病) is increasing.More than 20 new cases are discovered every year in the northern England city of Newcastle alone.Professor Pearce said:“Kids tend to stay indoors more these days and play on their computers instead of enjoying the fresh air.This means their vitamin D levels are worse than in previous years.”Dr.Cheatham added:“I am disappointed with the increasing numbers of children we are treating with this entirely preventable condition.Fifty years ago many children would have been given codMliver oil(鱼肝油)regularly,but this practice has all but died out.”Vitamin D is produced naturally when the skin is under the sunlight,and is also found in a small number of foods,including oily fish,liver and eggs.Half of all adults in Britain are reported not to have enough& vitamin& D in the winter and spring,with the problem worse in Scotland and the North of England.Asian populations,who cover much of their skin for religious(宗教的)reasons,are also at increased risk.Professor Pearce added:“We believe that mandatory(强制的)food supplementation(补充)with vitamin D,for example in milk,is needed in the UK,as it has already been introduced successfully in many other countries of the world.”The Food Standards Agency has refused calls for mandatory supplementation,insisting that “most people should be able to get all the vitamin D they need from their diet and by getting a little sun”.It advises pregnant(怀孕的)women,and people over 60 to take 10 micrograms (0.01 mg) of vitamin D each day.【解题导语】 青少年热衷玩电脑游戏而缺少户外活动,造成维生素D缺乏导致软骨病又“卷土重来”。68.According to Professor Pearce,more British people are having rickets mainly because they    .A.don’t have enough foodB.have less outdoor activitiesC.dislike food high in vitamin DD.have been given codMliver oil解析:选B。细节理解题。根据第二段中的Kids tend to stay indoors more these days and play on their computers instead of enjoying the fresh air.This means their vitamin D levels are worse than in previous years可知,Pearce 认为儿童热衷玩电脑游戏而缺少户外活动,造成维生素D缺乏导致软骨病。69.The underlined word“it”in Paragraph 4 refers to    .A.mandatory food supplementation with vitamin DB.milk produced in the UKC.food short of vitamin DD.vitamin D解析:选A。指代题。第四段提到,Pearce教授认为,英国需要强制补充维生素D的食物,如补充维生素D的牛奶,因为它在许多其他国家都已被成功引进。可见,此处it指代强制补充维生素D的食物。70.Pearce suggests that one way to prevent rickets is to    .A.call on parents to buy milk for kids every day B.make it a law to add vitamin D to foodC.build more playgrounds for kids to exerciseD.persuade people not to cover their skin all the time解析:选B。细节理解题。根据第四段中的We believe that mandatory food supplementation with vitamin D,for example in milk,is needed in the UK可知,Pearce建议在人们的食物中强制添加维生素D。71.What is the Food Standards Agency’s attitude towards Pearce’s suggestion?A.They feel it is worth a try.B.They are very fond of it.& C.They are against it.D.They think it is no use at all.解析:选C。推理判断题。根据最后一段中的The Food Standards Agency has refused calls for mandatory supplementation,insisting...可以看出,英国食品标准署反对在食物中强制添加维生素D的建议。EMicrosoft founder& Bill Gates said that he planned to give away almost all of his fortune,largely to the cause of global health,during the course of his lifetime.With an estimated(估计)worth of more than $40 billion,according to Forbes,the project will be no small fate(功绩) for Gates.Having already provided the Bill & Melinda Gates Fou ndation with $24 billion to address global health issues,Gates said that finally his entire fortune will be put towards the cause except “a few percent left for the kids”.So what has made the richest man in the world to channel his resources so heavily into one interest?Gates believes that “the equality of opportunity”in which Americans take such pride needs to extend to other nations around the world.Improving the heal th of the populations,he says,has proven to be an essential method in helping poor countries to be financially successful.“National borders allow inequalities,”said Gates.“We all need& to take a more global view,rather than just saying my country is doing well.We have to step up these health issues,knowing how few resources are going into them.”Gates said that both his parents set up an example for him as a child.His father,William H.Gates,was the head of the local Planned Parenthood,and his mother,Mary,volunteered for the United Way.As he gathered his fortune,Gates knew he would finally want to give back as well,but he didn’t expect to devote himself wholeMheartedly to one project until he was about 60.However,Gates,47,began to question his ability to wait that long.“It seemed there was a real time urgency,”Gates said.“I started to think how many lives I could save before then.”72.Bill Gates will give away his vast fortune to    .A.improve the health of population in America aloneB.improve the health of population all over the world C.avoid leaving his children too much moneyD.spare the American government the burden of health care解析:选B。细节考查题。根据第一段中的第一句话可以得出比尔•盖茨用自己的财富来提高全世界人的健康。73.Bill Gates believes that one important way of developing poor countries is    .A.to set up more foundations for themB.to help them with natural resourcesC.to put more efforts into the health issues in themD.to help them take a more global view解析:选C。细节考查题。从第二段的第三句“Improving the health of the populations,he says,has proven to be an essential method in helping poor countries to be financially successful.‘National borders allow inequalities’...”可以看出Bill Gates的观点。74.It can be learned from the passage that Bill Gates thinks    .& A.Americans should care about people in other countriesB.Americans should treat fellow citizens wellC.Americans should devote themselves to certain projectsD.Americans can be worldMfamous by giving away vast fortune解析:选A。从文章第二段倒数第二句“We all need to take a more global view,rather than just saying my country is doing well.”可以得出正确答案。75.Bill Gates gave away his vast fortune earlier than he had expected because of    .A.his weakening health conditionB.his parents’ suggestionC.his great success in businessD.his concerns for suffering people解析:选D。细节考查题。从文章最后一段可以得出导致Bill Gates提前捐赠财产的原因。第四部分 写作(共两节,满分35分)第一节 短文填词(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)阅读下面短文,根据以下提示:1)汉语提示,2)首字母提示,3)语境提示,在每个空格内填入一个适当的英语单词,并将该词完整地写在右边相对应的横线上。所填单词要求意义准确,拼写正确。Wang Peng sat in his empty restaurant feeling veryfrustrated for people going to a     newlyMopened restaurant76.      which only provided    (生)vegetables and fruit.What77.      amazed him was    the food there cost more than that in his78.      own restaurant.After doing some r    ,he wrote his own sign79.      to win customers    to his restaurant.The next day Wang80.      Peng’s restaurant was nearly full,which m    Young Hui very81.      angry.Having had a good talk,they both    (意识到)the82.      strength and w    of their own restaurants and did what they83.      could to    (结合)their menus and provide a balanced84.      menu.Finally they got    ,working and living together happily ever after.85.      答案:76.another 77.raw 78.that 79.research 80.back81.made 82.realized 83.weekness 84.combine 85.married第二节 书面表达(满分25分)鲁迅是一位伟大的文学家、思想家和革命家,同时他还是翻译家和中国现代文学的创始人之一。请根据表格内容,用英语介绍一下鲁迅。注意:1.词数120左右;2.可以根据所学知识适当增加内容,并加入自己对鲁迅的评价。参考词汇:革命家revolutionist中国现代文学modern Chinese literature姓名&鲁迅生卒年&1881年~1936年出生地&浙江绍兴生平简介&1904年开始学医,后来改为从事文学创作。绝大部分作品写于1918年~1936年。________________________________________________________________________ One& possible version:Born in 1881 in Shaoxing,Zhejiang Province,Lu Xun began to study medicine in 1904 but later he became interested in literature.Most of his works were written from 1918 to 1936 ,which was an important period to him.In 1936,the famous writer died in Shanghai.Lu Xun was not only a great writer,a thinker and a revolutionist but also a translator and one of the most important founders of modern Chinese literature.He made a great contribution to the development of literature in history.He is so famous that some of his works have been translated into many languages and enjoyed by many foreigners.Nowadays some have been made into films and some have been collected in school textbooks,which have a good influence on young people. 文章来源莲山课 件 w w w.5y K J.Co m
上一个试题: 下一个试题:
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

我要回帖

更多关于 lean against 高考题 的文章

随机推荐