Once there lived a rich man 1a most wanted manto do something for the people of his town.

当前位置: & 按章节 &
版本:教材:
试卷类型:题型:难度:年份:级别:地区:
共计0道试题显示答案和解析提示:单击题面可显示答案和解析
对不起,当前条件下没有试题,组卷网正在加速上传试题,敬请期待!您也可以您需要什么试题。
&&首页&&1&&末页&&跳转到:&&页&> 【答案带解析】Once there lived a rich man 1. wanted to...
Once there lived a rich man 1. wanted to do something for the people of his town. 2. first he wanted to find out whether they deserved his help.In the centre of the main road into the town, he placed 3.very large stone. Then he 4.(hide ) behind a tree and waited. Soon an old man came along with his cow.“Who put this stone in the centre of the road?” said the old man, but he did not try to remove the stone. Instead, with some difficulty he passed around the stone and continued on his way.
5. man came along and did the same
then another came, and another. All of them complained about the stone but not tried to remove
6. . Late in the afternoon a young man came along. He saw the stone,
7.(say) to himself: “The night 8.
(be) very dark. Some neighbors will come along later in the dark and will fall against the stone.”Then he began to move the stone. He pushed and pulled with all his 9. (strong) to move it. How great was his surprise at last! 10. the stone, he found a bag of money. 
9.strength
1.根据句子分析可知本句为定语从句,先行词是man,且在从句中要做主语表示..的人,故填who
3.stone应用a,故填a
4.Then he _...
考点分析:
考点1:语法填空
相关试题推荐
There were two lazy men who
did any work at all. They
spend the whole day sitting in the sun and sleeping
talking about what they would do when they were
.Many years went
in this way and the two men
poor. One summer’s day as they were sitting
on a bench in the sunshine, one of the men jumped
his feet without warning and exclaimed, “We can’t go on
this. We’ve got to do something to
some money.”“
for instance?” asked his friend in a
voice.“We’ll go to the mountains and
snails(蜗牛),” said the first man.The second man didn’t want to go out at first. But in the end his friend
him. They each took a bucket(桶)and set
for the mountains. They walked extremely slowly. When they reached the hill, they looked
it might have a lot of snails on it. The first man said, “Let’s work
. I’ll go up this side with my bucket, and you go up the other side with
, we’ll meet at the top.”They
snails all day and in the evening they met on top of the hill. “How many did you get?” asked the first man. “Two,” said the second man. “I
got three, but one got away.”1.A. always
D. seldom2.A. used to
B. was used to
C. got used to
D. became used to3.A. or
D. with4.A. old
D. poor5.A. on
D. down6.A. appeared
C. continued
D. remained7.A. calmly
B. quietly
C. nervously
D. nearly8.A. up
D. to9.A. as
D. about10.A. steal
C. exchange
D. make11.A. How
B. However
D. Whatever12.A. tireless
D. tiresome13.A. catch
D. fetch14.A. advised
B. persuaded
D. forced15.A. up
D. off16.A. as
D. as though17.A. lonely
B. separately
D. together18.A. mine
D. yourself19.A. hunted
C. searched
D. caught20.A. nearly
B. finally
D.already 
Getting your children to study can be a little like getting them to eat their vegetables.__1.__ Make a study time and have it at the same time every day. This will help your kids to learn to schedule their day and will give them a sense of control over how they spend their time.Allow them to study in blocks of time,such as for half an hour with a five-minute break in the middle.__2._ Ideal(理想的) study times are after dinner or right after school before dinner.Never allow your children to study in front of the television,as that will encourage passive activity.__3.You'll also need to help your kids find the right place to study. After you've set up a good study time for little learners,set up a good place where they can get those creative juices flowing.__4._ Make sure there is a table or a desk and a comfortable chair.__5._ This includes helping them out with their homework sometimes and being there for them with the answers to any questions. The input you give your children during study periods will help form a bond and help make studying enjoyable.A.Pick a place where your children can study properly.B.Hold them to the schedule they create for themselves.C.Finally,spend time with your kids when they're studying.D.Keep the atmosphere light and offer lots of encouragement,too.E.Instead,use TV as a treat or a reward when the homework is completed.F.Try to stop this bad habit by offering some sort of reward.G.One of the best ways to form good study habits for your kids is to design a schedule that they keep to. 
When Johnson called again, the manager received him very politely. “That is a most remarkable oil you brought us, Mr Johnson,” he said. Johnson nodded his smooth, dark head. That was something he knew very well. “I’ve never seen anything like it,” the manager admitted. Johnson nodded again. “No?” he said politely. Then he added, “But I think you will, sir. A very great deal of it.” He appeared to think for a moment. “I think you will find it will be on sale seven, perhaps, eight years from now.” He smiled.The manager thought that was uncertain. He said, “It is better than our fish oils. I admit that.”
“So I am told, sir,” agreed Johnson.“Have you any plans to produce it yourself, Mr Johnson?”Johnson smiled again. “Would I be showing it to you if I had?”“We might add some chemicals to one of our own fish oils,” said the manager.“It would be expensive to do that, even if you could.” Johnson said gently. “Besides,” he added, “I am told that this oil will be much cheaper than your best fish oils. Cheaper than any vegetable oil, in fact.”“Perhaps,” said the manager. “Well, I suppose you want to make an arrangement, Mr Johnson, Shall we discuss it?”“Of course,” said Johnson. “There are two ways of dealing with a situation of this sort. The usual one is to prevent it altogether or at least to delay it as long as possible. That is, of course, the best way,” The manager nodded. He knew plenty about all that.“But I am so sorry for you, because, you see, that is not possible this time.” The manager had his doubts, but all he said was an inquiring(asking), “Oh?”“The other way,” continued Johnson, “is to produce yourself before the trouble starts.”1.The manager thought of adding chemicals to the fish oil to make it ________.A. cheaper than the new oil
B. more quicklyC. more expensive
D. as good as the new oil2.Johnson’s new oil would be ________.A. more expensive than fish oil, but betterB. less expensive, and betterC. less expensive, but not goodD. more expensive, and not so good3.Johnson showed his new oil to the manager because he wanted ________.A. to produce it himselfB. to prevent it being producedC. to be paid not to produce itD. the manager to produce it 
At the time, I would go out in the evening with my parents. But this time I had borrowed a bicycle from a friend of mine. I didn’t know why, but once I was on my own bicycle, a kind of free feeling flooded through me. The faster I rode, the faster I wanted to go! Far ahead, I rode as if my life depended on it, head down, hands grasping the handbars. I meant to get to Jinghai Bar as fast as I could...Oh! My hands! Don’t come any closer... Don’t touch me! That poor doctor just couldn’t get my gloves off. Each time he took a step towards me, I broke into painful shouting. Much later, I discovered that I had crashed heavily with another bicycle, and I hadn’t spoken one word of sense for at least three hours! After some time, my mother arrived at the hospital, her face as white as a sheet, and gave me a hug, only then did the doctor begin to stitch(缝合) my head wound, not only did he merrily cut off a long lock of my hair, but used no anaesthetic(麻药) either! Later, I seemed to hear faraway voices saying that my right hand was broken. I almost burst into tears. How would I ever play the piano again?1. On her way to Jinghai, the writer felt _______.A. nervous
B. comfortableC. light-hearted
D. upset2.Why did the writer ride a bicycle to Jinghai Bar that evening?A. Because she wanted to attend a party on time.B. Because she wanted to meet her friend who was waiting for her there.C. Because she just wanted, to join some of her friends and drink some wine.D. We are not quite sure about what she was really going there for.3. What did the writer think of the doctor?A. Friendly.
B. Cruel.C. Hardworking.
D. Kind.4.One thing is sure, that is, before she was wounded she _______.A. often went to Jinghai Bar with her friendsB. liked playing the pianoC. didn’t like any doctors at allD. would burst into tears when she was in trouble 
My father was a foreman of a sugar-cane plantation in Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico. My first job was to drive the oxen that ploughed the cane fields. I would walk behind an ox, guiding him with a broomstick. For $ 1 a day, I worked eight hours straight, with no food breaks.It was very tedious work, but it prepared me for life and taught me many lasting lessons. Because the plantation owners were always watching us, I had to be on time every day and work as hard as I could. I’ve never been late for any job since. I also learned about being respectful and faithful to the people you work for. More important, I it never entered my mind to say I was sick just because I didn’t want to work.I was only six years old, but I was doing a man’s job. Our family needed every dollar we could make because my father never earned more than $ 18 a week. Our home was a three-room wood shack with a dirty floor and no toilet. Nothing made me prouder than bringing home money to help my mother, father, two brothers and three sisters. This gave me self-esteem(自尊心), one of the most important things a person can have.When I was seven, I got work at a golf course near our house. My job was to stand down the fairway and spot the balls as they landed, so the golfers could find them. Losing a ball meant you were fired, so I never missed one. Some nights I would lie in bed and dreamt of making thousands of dollars by playing golf and being able to buy a bicycle.The more I dreamed, the more I thought. Why not? I made my first golf club out of guava limb(番石榴树枝) and a piece of pipe. Then I hammered an empty tin can into the shape of a ball. And finally I dug two small holes in the ground and hit the ball back and forth. I practiced with the same devotion and intensity. I learned working in the field — except now I was driving golf balls with club, not oxen with a broomstick.1.The writer’s first job was _______.A. to stand down the fairway at a golf courseB. to watch over the sugar-cane plantationC. to drive the oxen that ploughed the cane fieldsD. to spot the balls as they landed so the golfers could find them2.The word “tedious” in Paragraph 2 most probably means _______.A. difficult
B. boring C. interesting
D. unusual3._______ gave the writer serf-esteem.A. Having a family of eight peopleB. Owning his own golf courseC. Bringing money back home to help the familyD. Helping his father with the work on the plantation4.Which of the following statements is true according to the passage?A. He wanted to be a successful golfer.B. He wanted to run a golf course near his house.C. He was satisfied with the job he got on a plantation.D. He wanted to make money by guiding oxen with a broomstick. 
题型:其他题
难度:中等
Copyright @
满分5 学习网 . All Rights Reserved.新高考语法填空技巧_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
新高考语法填空技巧
阅读已结束,下载文档到电脑
想免费下载更多文档?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,方便使用
还剩3页未读,继续阅读