expensive反义词与anexpensive反义词的区别

扫二维码下载作业帮
2亿+学生的选择
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
2亿+学生的选择
I ____ an expensive
I ____ an expensive gift for my birthday,but I could not ____ it.
A.accepted,received B.received,accept C.accepted,receive D.accepted,received
米饭wan14223
扫二维码下载作业帮
2亿+学生的选择
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码Thinking Is An Expensive Occupation
| LinkedIn
Raising unsettling questions and providing disturbing explanations seldom meet with accolades. For example, Guy McPherson is a University of Arizona scientist who has been studying human disruption of the environment and climate for 30 years. Many human caused disruptions have developed into local or regional disasters, but now the question is whether the planet itself is endangered. Is human activity bringing about human extinction?
This is not a welcome question, and those who explore it are branded as “controversial.” Dahr Jamail interviewed Professor McPherson and asked him: “What do you say to people who call you extreme for talking about this?”
Professor McPherson answers: “I’m just reporting the results from other scientists. Nearly all of these results are published in established literature. I don’t think anybody is taking issue with NASA or Nature, or Science, or the Proceedings of National Sciences . . . the others I report are reasonably well-known and come from legitimate sources like NOAA [National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration], other NASA sources etc. . . . I’m not making this information up. I’m just connecting a couple of dots, and it’s something many people have difficulty with.”
In the West truth is dying, because anyone who departs from the official line is branded “controversial.” In other words, truth or the search for it is controversial. People who persist in chasing after truth or alternative explanations to the official line are discredited by those who are not served by the truth or alternative explanations. Whistleblowers, once protected by federal law, have been turned into traitors.
I have no position on the causes of climate change or Professor McPherson’s prognosis. My point isn’t that he or the experts he cites are correct. The point is that talking about what is possibly a serious problem is stymied by name-calling and shooting the messenger.
I experience it all the time. For example, on December 3 in the London Telegraph, a reporter, Hamish MacDonald said that I am “controversial” for raising questions about “the US government’s reaction to the spread of the [ebola] virus” and for “questioning the official story of the September 11 terrorist attacks.” In other words, believe the official line because independent thinking is “controversial.”
It seems odd that a British reporter would settle on his own on me and on University of Illinois law professor Francis Boyle as examples of controversial bloggers. Perhaps he was handed the story by the CIA, as German journalist Udo Ulfkotte confesses he often was.
The absence of thought is how humanity walks into armageddon. But we mustn’t think or we are controversial. Not only must we not think, we must not report on the thinking of others. Like Professor McPherson who is “just reporting the results from other scientists,” I made myself “controversial” by merely reporting the findings of architects, engineers, physicists, chemists, first responders, pilots, and former high government officials concerning the destruction of three WTC skyscrapers and difficult flight maneuvers by inexperienced pilots. We are supposed instead to dismiss these thousands of experts and their professional experience as “conspiracy kooks” or worse. Remember, British prime minister David Cameron declared skeptics of the 9/11 official line to be as dangerous as Islamic State terrorists.
In other words, it is controversial to report that a team of scientists led by a professor of nano-chemistry at the University of Copenhagen found reacted and unreacted nano-thermite in the dust of the destroyed skyscrapers and that Building 7 fell at free fall acceleration, hitherto associated only with controlled demolition.
I am certainly skeptical of the official explanation of 9/11. As a former government official, I find it difficult to believe that a few young Saudi Arabians operating without the benefit of an intelligence service could outwit the entire National Security apparatus of the Western world. Moreover, if such an implausible event occurred, there would have been demands from the White House and Congress for a thorough investigation of the failure. Instead, the White House resisted any investigation, and in place of an investigation, a political committee wrote down the government’s story as the unexamined truth. This is not a believable response to such a humiliating blow suffered by “the world’s only superpower.” Why is it controversial to make this point?
A spoon-fed, no-think society has been created for us, and no one is supposed to think. Reminds me of a science fiction story I read many years ago in which at some point in their development children were tested for the thinking gene. If they had it, they were put down in order to protect the society from dangerous thoughts.
Drawing on my education and experience, I look beyond the propaganda for the real explanations. I might not always be correct, but my inquiries are not agenda-driven in behalf of some interest or the other, whether material or ideological. In order to continue, I need your support. I am constantly attacked by trolls and Reagan-haters, and if the Western intelligence services are at work presenting me as a target for establishment-tamed journalists, trying to wake up an insouciant people is not a pleasant task.
Source: Paul Craig Roberts -&http://www.paulcraigroberts.org//thinking-expensive-occupation-paul-craig-roberts/Looking for more of the latest headlines on LinkedIn?扫二维码下载作业帮
2亿+学生的选择
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
2亿+学生的选择
what anexpensive car it is的同义句
扫二维码下载作业帮
2亿+学生的选择
How expensive the car is!Rg
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
How expensive the car is!Rg
How much a car!
  How expensive a car it is!
扫描下载二维码expensive trousers!A.WhatB.What aC.HowD.What an 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
________ expensive trousers!A.WhatB.What aC.HowD.What an
科目:初中英语
来源:2014届浙江省八年级上学期单元检测英语试卷(解析版)
题型:单项填空
This scarf doesn’t cost as____ as that one.A.cheaper&&&&&&&&& B.much&&&&&&&&&&&& C.expensive&&&&&&&& D.more&
来源:学年吉林长春朝阳区八年级上学期期中质量监测英语试卷(解析版)
题型:补充句子
根据对话内容,在空白处填写一个适当的话语(话语可能是一个单词、一个短语或一个句子),使对话完整。(10分)A: Morning! What can I do for you?B: We’d like to make a trip for a weekend holiday,please.A: There are many travel paths. (旅行路线)1.&&&&&&&____&&&B: We’d like to choose(选择)HuangMountains.A: It’s really worth (值得)visiting.2.&&&& _____&&&&&&B: We’re not sure. Which hotel do you think iscomfortable?A: The Holiday Home is very good. What’s more important,3.&&&&& ____&&&&&B: We don’t want to live in an expensive hotel. That’swhat we’ll do.A: Could you please fill in this form? B: 4.&&&&&____&&&&&I’ll ask my wife to fill in this form. Bythe way, is it all right if we pay by credit card?A: Yes, it is quite all right. I hope that you 5.&&&&&&&&___&&&B: Thank you. &
来源:学年吉林长春朝阳区八年级上学期期中质量监测英语试卷(解析版)
题型:单项填空
The food is __________ expensive, it can cost us________ money to buy it. A. toomuch B.much too C.much too D. toomuch&
来源:学年江苏扬州江都区麾村中学八年级上学期期中考试英语卷(解析版)
题型:阅读理解
1&Oneday, a farmer was walking along a road with his son Thomas. The father said,“Look! There's a horseshoe. Pick it up and put it in your bag.” Thomas said,“It isn't worth(值得) the trouble.” His father said nothing but picked it up himself.When they got to a nearby town, they had a rest. There the farmer sold thehorseshoe and with the few pennies he bought some cherries.&&& The father andthe son walked on. The sun was well up in the sky, and there wasn't a house oreven a tree where they could have a rest. Thomas felt too thirsty to walk on.At this time, his father dropped a cherry on the ground and Thomas picked it upquickly and ate it. After a while, his father dropped another cherry and once again,his son lost some time in picking it up and putting it in his mouth.&&& And so theywent on. The old farmer dropped the cherries and the son picked them up. WhenThomas had eaten up all the cherries, his father said to him, &My dearson, if you had bent (弯身)down earlier to pick up that horseshoe, it would not have beennecessary for you to bend so many times for the cherries. Always remember thelesson that anyone who does not worry about the little things will find that hecannot do the great things.1.Who picked up thehorseshoe at last?&& A.Thomas.&&& B. The old father. & &C. Both the fatherand the son.&&& D. Nobody2.When the sonrefused to pick up the horseshoe, the father _______.&& A. felt veryhappy&& B. didn't say anything&& C. beat theson& &&&&D. became a little angry3.The farmer bought _______with the money after he sold the horseshoe.&& A. somefood&&&&&&& B. some water&& C. some cherries& &&&&D.some pennies4.The fatherdropped the cherries one by one, because _______.&& A. he wanted his sonto eat them all&& B. he wanted his sonto do more exercise&& C. he wanted toteach his son a lesson&& D. he wanted his sonto pick them up5. From the story,we can learn that _______.&& A. cherries are sodelicious that most of us like to eat them&& B. a horseshoe is soexpensive that it can bring us a lot of money&& C. if the boy wantsto eat cherries, he must pick up the horseshoe&& D. if we want to dosome great things, we should start with some small ones&
来源:2012年初中毕业升学考试(江西卷)英语(解析版)
题型:完型填空
Teddy' s BearThe story of how the teddy bear was inventedis an interesting one. In 1902, American president Theodore (Teddy) Rooseveltwas hunting (打猎) in theforest &&41& &several of his friends. Almosteveryone had successfully shot (射中) an animal, but thepresident &&42& &not.& Nobody wanted to makethe president look &&43& , so they tied an American blackbear to a &&44&& . They wanted the president toshoot (射中) &&45& .The president was very surprised to see thebear tied to a tree. He felt it was &&46& &to shootthe bear, because it couldn't run away. He &&47& &toshoot it, and the story of his decision went all over the country. &&48&&was moved by the president's beliefs (信念). There was &&49& &a cartoonshowing the president refusing to shoot a cute bear.It was this cartoon and the story behind thepresident's hunting trip that gave Morris an idea to make a new &&50&. He made a small, soft bear and &&51& &it inhis shop window. Next to the bear he made a sign that read, &Teddy'sBear&. The new toy was a big success and it &&52& &Morriswith the money to create a toy company. Teddy bears have been &&53&&since they were first made. A teddy bear would be the first choice &&54&&people think about children's toys. Theodore Roosevelt's famous &&55&&on a hunting trip in 1902 brought millions of soft, stuffed (填满填充物的) bears. They are being loved bypeople across the world.1.A.for&&&&&&&&& B.with&&&&&&&&&&& C.by&&&&&&&&&&&& D.without2.A.did&&&&&&&&& B.should&&&&&&&&&& C.would&& &&&&&&D. had3.A.sad&&&&&&&&& B.happy&&&&&&&&&& C.friendly&&&&& &&D. fine4.A.wall&&&&&&&& B.chair&&&&&&&&&&& C.rock&&&&&&& &&&D. tree5.A.it&&&&&&&&&& B.him&&&&&&&&&&&& C.them&&&&&&&&&& D. her6.A. difficult&&&&&B. unfair&&&&&&&&&& C.dangerous&& &&&&D. exciting7.A.wanted&&&&&& B.decided&&&&&&&& C.refused&&&&&&&&& D. went8.A. Everybody&&& B.Nobody&&&&&&&& C.Both&&&&&&&&&&& D.Neither9.A.only&&&&&&&& B.hardly&&&&&&&&&& C.even&&&&&& &&&&D. still10.A. company&&&& B.toy&&&&&&&&&&&& &C.shop&&&&&&& &&&D. present11.A. collected&&&& B.showed&&&&&&&&& C.found&&&&&&&&&& D. hid12.A.gave&&&&&&&& B.filled&&&&&&&&&&& C.met&&& &&&&&&&&D.provided13.A. colorful&&&&&B. expensive&&&&&&& C.popular&&&& &&&&D. boring14.A.since&&&&&&& B.when&&&&&&&&&&& C.until&&&&&&&&&&& D.unless15.A. decision&&& &&B.speech&&&&&&&&& C.sign&&&&&&&& &&&D. skill&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号

我要回帖

更多关于 less expensive 的文章

随机推荐