purpleless is more什么意思思

purple DIARY
Purple Diary
Purple Diary
Located in Pula, Croatia, the city’s amphitheatre is one of the oldest and largest surviving arenas in the world and a perfect example of Roman architecture. Built in the 1st century AD during the reign of Emperor Vespasian, it was once a place of gladiator combats, accommodating as many as 20,000 spectators. It is now a space for cultural events and art festivals, while the underground passages of the arena are used as exhibition space.
Phtoo Ada Hamza
[November 1 2016]&: Discover the Cité internazionale universitaire de Paris photographed by @giannioprandi in the latest issue of Purple #purplediary
[November 1 2016]&: "I wasn’t into the sex, drugs, and rock and roll thing. I was a very good, very spiritual, very romantic, and very idealistic girl. I worked on becoming a more spiritual being." Read the full interview with legendary actress
Marisa Berenson by @ozpurple and Katerina Jebb now online on purple.fr #purplediary
purple fashion magazine
— F/W 2016 issue 26
Marisa Berenson
In an elegant apartment on a side street of Saint-Germain-des-Prés, Vittoria Marisa Schiaparelli Berenson opens her door on a late Sunday night, perfectly dressed and extremely beautiful, for a two hour interview. She is leaving for London the next morning to play in the Kenneth Branagh Theater Company’s staging of Romeo and Juliet. The world first knew of her as a 16-year-old model cherished by Diana Vreeland, as the actress who moved us in Luchino VIsconti’s Death in Venice and Stanley Kubrick’s Barry Lyndon, and as the classical beauty who graced the covers of so many magazines (Vogue, Time, Interview).
Her life is a novel. An aristocratic taste for style permeates the iconic elegance that is her very being. Today she is as enthralling and as talented as ever. interview by OLIVIER ZAHM and KATERINA JEBB
photography by KATERINA JEBB
style by ALEXIS ROCHE OLIVIER ZAHM — What’s your connection with Paris? MARISA BERENSON — It’s been a home for me since I was a very little girl. I love Paris. My parents lived here, my grandmother [fashion designer Elsa Schiaparelli] lived here, and I moved here from New York at the age of two. I was brought up here and in Switzerland, and then in various boarding schools. I didn’t go back to New York until I was 16. KATERINA JEBB — Not once? MARISA BERENSON — No. I was born there, but we didn’t go back. My father was the director of Aristotle Onassis’s shipping company. We lived in Europe, and he traveled all the time. I went to boarding school. This was 1955-56. KATERINA JEBB — Was boarding school traumatic? MARISA BERENSON — A bit lonely. I went to five, three of them in Switzerland. One in Italy, in Florence, and one in Ascot, called Heathfield. My parents were always traveling, so my roots were everywhere. I was brought up like that. My grandmother, Elsa Schiaparelli, her roots were here in Paris. She was the backbone of the family because she had a big h?tel particulier [private mansion] on the Rue de Berri. It was a fantastic house, which doesn’t exist any more — though it should. Napoleon had given it to Princess Mathilde. But when my grandmother died, it was sold and torn down. The most interesting artists and people used to visit...
On view until November 13, 2016 at , The Mall, London.
Photo Ekaterina Bazhenova-Yamasaki
On view until January 14th, 2016 at , 7 Rue Debelleyme, Paris.
Photo Inès Manai
Purple Instagram
[November 1 2016]&: @andreaslarsson26 photographed our Best of Men's FW 2016 at the 17th century Ham House outside London #purplediary
On view until December 23, 2016 at , via Nicola Ricciotti 4, Rome.
Photo Gabriele Malaguti
Purple Television
Purple Television
By Supreme
Two massive opposing parabolic concrete mirrors were taken from a nearby playground to the
(MUMOK), ”…and sadly nobody was there to defend them.”
With a shrug and smile the artist
remarks that her sentiment may sound absurd, given that it was her, who chose to relocate the very concrete pair, making them the center piece of her current solo exhibition “Places to fight and make up.”
The aspiring artist was just awarded with the
– a collaboration between the Kapsch Group and the
(MUMOK) – aimed at young artists that live and work...
Photo and text Philipp Draxler
Subscribe to our newsletter四年级英语下册教案(科普版)_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
四年级英语下册教案(科普版)
||文档简介
总评分4.2|
浏览量211840
&&四​年​级​英​语​下​册​教​案​(​科​普​版​)
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用5下载券
想免费下载本文?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩71页未读,继续阅读
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢Relevance ranks synonyms and suggests the best matches based on how closely a synonym’s sense matches the sense you selected.
Complexity
Complexity sorts synonyms based on their difficulty. Adjust it higher to choose from words that are more complex.
Length ranks your synonyms based on character count.
Common words appear frequently in written and spoken language across many genres from radio to academic journals.
Informal words should be reserved for casual, colloquial communication.
blue and red colors mixed together
Concept Thesaurus for word purple
2. S complementary colors
Synonyms - noun
Synonyms - verbs
Synonyms - adjectives
Synonyms - phrases
Other adjectives related to purple
More words related to purple
Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition Copyright (C) 2013 by the Philip Lief Group.
Word Origin & History
purple O.E. purpul, dissimilation (first recorded in Northumbrian, in Lindisfarne gospel) from purpure "purple garment," purpuren "purple," from L. purpura "purple-dyed cloak, purple dye," also "shellfish from which purple was made," from Gk. porphyra (see porphyry), of Semitic origin, originally the name for the shellfish (murex) from which it was obtained. Tyrian purple, produced around Tyre, was prized as dye for royal garments. As a color name, attested from late 14c. Also the color of mourning or penitence (especially in royalty or clergy). Rhetorical for "splendid, gaudy" (of prose) from
...1590s. Purpur continued as a parallel form until 15c., and through 19c. in heraldry. Purple Heart, U.S. decoration for service members wounded in combat, instituted 1932; originally a cloth decoration begun by George Washington in 1782. Hendrix' Purple Haze (1967) is slang for "LSD."
Example Sentences for purple
Purple and violet—to express royalty, "Kings and priests of God."
Through the gaps between these he could see a blur of green and grey and purple.
There is a purple tinge that is too conspicuously artificial.
Upon it was tattooed, in gold and purple, the crest of a noble family.
The gold and crimson and purple softened as the minutes passed.
There are crimson clouds, and purple and gold-coloured clouds.
Mine had purple worsted flowers all over them, big flat heels, and were ever and ever so large.
He came out of the booth and scrubbed his cheeks with his purple handkerchief.
It was a tedious tale and she who sat knitting there upon the purple rock told it to Gud in broken fragments of narration.
Mr. Fogg wiped the moisture off his cheeks with a purple handkerchief.Purple Potatoes Nutrition Facts | Healthy Eating | SF Gate
Purple Potatoes Nutrition Facts
Purple potatoes can be a healthy addition to your diet.
Purple potatoes are a type of potato popular in South America, with their origins in Peru and Bolivia. These potatoes have many uses and a striking purple color that can brighten up any dish. Besides adding color to your table, these potatoes can be beneficial to your health due to their abundance of antioxidants.
Background Purple potatoes are a variety of potato with a purple-colored skin and flesh. There are several different types of purple potatoes such as Purple Majesty, Purple Viking and Purple Peruvian. When sold commercially, these potatoes are often the size of a golf ball, though if left to reach full maturity they can grow to a larger oblong shape. Purple potatoes are available year-round and are typically dry and starchy with a slight earthy and nutty flavor.
Nutritional Value Purple potatoes are very similar to the popular Russet potatoes in nutritional value. One-half cup of purple potatoes contains 70 calories, 15 grams of carbohydrates, 1 gram of fiber, 2 grams of protein and no fat. One-half cup of Russet potatoes contains 66 calories, 16 grams of carbohydrates, 1 gram of fiber, 1 gram of protein and no fat. The one significant difference between purple potatoes and Russet potatoes is the purple potatoes contain 4 times as much antioxidants as Russet potatoes. Anthocyanin is a pigment that creates the purple color in the potatoes and also acts as an antioxidant.
Health Benefits All potatoes are naturally high in potassium, which helps regulate blood pressure. But the extra antioxidants in purple potatoes make them even more effective than other potato varieties. A study conducted by the USDA among overweight participants suffering from hypertension reported that consuming six to eight golf ball-sized purple potatoes twice daily for one month reduced blood pressure by an average of 4 percent. These antioxidants also strengthen your immune system and can help prevent certain heart diseases and cancers.
Uses Purple potatoes have a medium-starchy texture, making them versatile and suitable in most recipes that call for potatoes. Used in potato salads, they can give a pop of color to a typically bland-looking dish. These potatoes will keep their shape when baked but also mash and blend well after boiling for use in mashed potatoes and soups. Purple potatoes have a delicate skin which contains many of the beneficial nutrients. This skin should be kept on when cooking to gain the maximum nutritional benefit.
About the Author
Khadejah Makkieh is a registered dietitian with a passion for writing, teaching and cooking. She earned a Master of Science in nutrition from Texas Woman's University and is currently working as a college instructor. Makkieh's writing has also been featured in the FASEB science journal.
Photo Credits
Raw heritage variety potatoes shetland black with fresh mint image by hazel proudlove from

我要回帖

更多关于 purple意思 的文章

随机推荐