文档加载中...广告还剩秒
需要金币:350 &&
你可能关注的文档:
··········
··········
oihjohogilhop
正在加载中,请稍后...【架构师该知道97件事】(91)
Take Responsibility for Your Decisions
SoFTWARE ARCHiTECTS HAvE To TAKE RESponSiBiliTy for their deci- sions, as they have much more influential power in software projects than most people in organizations. Studies of software projects show that more than two-thirds of them either are outright failures or deliver unsuccessfully (deadline slip, budget overruns, or low customer satisfaction). Many of the root causes point to improper decisions software architects made, or failures of follow-through on the right architectural decisions.
How can you become a responsible software architect who makes effective architectural decisions?
First, you have to be fully cognizant of your decision process, whether it is agile or ceremonial. You should not claim that an architectural decision has been made until the following two conditions are met:
o A decision has been put in writing because architectural decisions are rarely trivial. They must be substantiated and traceable.
o A decision has been communicated to the people who execute it and the people who will be affected directly or indirectly. Communication is all about creating shared understanding.
Second, review your architectural decisions periodically. Examine the results of your decisions against expectations. Identify architectural decisions that remain valid and those that do not.
??Third, enforce your architectural decisions. Many software projects get software architects involved only in the design phase, then they move on to other proj- ects or the consultation contract ends. How can they ensure that their deliber- ate architectural decisions have been implemented correctly? Their decisions will be at best good intentions unless they follow through with them.
Finally, delegate some decision making to others who are experts in a problem domain. Many architects wrongly assume they have to make every architec- tural decision. Therefore, they position themselves as know-it-all experts. In reality, there’s no such thing as a universal technical genius. Architects have areas in which they are quite proficient, areas in which they are knowledge- able, and areas in which they are simply incompetent. Adept architects del- egate decisions about domain problems in which they are not proficient.
Yi Zhou is currently the chief software architect in a well-known biotech company, and specializes in designing the software platform for medical devices and person- alizing disease management. He has nearly 20 years’ experience in all aspects of the software development life cycle, and excels in business-technology alignment and strategic planning, process improvement, architecture and framework design, team building and management, and consulting.
参考知识库
* 以上用户言论只代表其个人观点,不代表CSDN网站的观点或立场
访问:422371次
积分:9870
积分:9870
排名:第1225名
原创:292篇
译文:247篇
评论:102条
文章:37篇
阅读:68840
文章:13篇
阅读:20024
文章:35篇
阅读:27134
文章:18篇
阅读:14323
文章:22篇
阅读:18500
文章:10篇
阅读:6911
文章:30篇
阅读:25535
文章:23篇
阅读:18641
文章:61篇
阅读:52103take the responsibility for的用法和样例:
You should take up your responsibility.
你应该开始负起你的责任。
The court has taken custody of the battered child.
法院已负起保护受虐待的孩子之责。
I surmise that he will take the job.
我推测他会接受这份工作。
It is a scandal for officials to take bribes.
政府官员接受贿赂是可耻的事。
take the responsibility for的海词问答与网友补充:
take the responsibility for的相关资料:
相关词典网站:word choice - take / take on + responsibility - English Language & Usage Stack Exchange
to customize your list.
English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. J it only takes a minute:
Here's how it works:
Anybody can ask a question
Anybody can answer
The best answers are voted up and rise to the top
I'm having a difficult time choosing between "take + responsibility", or "take on + responsibility". Please see the following sentences(written by Chinese learners of English):
DINK couples refuse to play the role of parents and (take /take on) the responsibilities to cultivate offspring.
Mother is getting old, but I haven't (taken/taken on) the responsibility for supporting her.
She is ready to (take/take on) the responsibility of a wife bravely. (Note: Her husband is seriously ill in the hospital. )
1. Which is the right expression to use in each context: “take” or “take on”?
2. If one of them is correct, then why?
3. If both are correct, then any differences in meaning between “take” and “take on”?
Many thanks in advance!
The general difference between "taking" and "taking on" responsibilities in these three cases is:
when you take responsibility for something, it generally means that you accept responsibility and act in an appropriate way by, for example, doing your job (as a parent or a student or a teacher or a banker) as well as you can and don't rely on others to do your work for you.
when you take on responsibility for something, it generally means that you assume new responsibility for something you aren't or weren't expected to be responsible for.
There are other ways to use these terms, but all these sentences are about personal and familial responsibilities, not about social or political responsibilities.
"DINK couples refuse to play the role of parents and (take / take on) the responsibilities to cultivate offspring."
DINK couple: "". They don't have children, so I'd use take on the responsibilities (because they don't want to have them).
"Mother is getting old, but I haven't (taken/taken on) the responsibility for supporting her."
This is complicated because it's a Chinese cultural problem. If you're the eldest son, then your mother is your responsibility and you must take it (accept it) or violate cultural norms. If you're not the eldest, then you're talking about not assuming (taking on) someone else's responsibilities for your mother. In my wife's family, all six daughters (no sons) contribute equally to the support of their parents, so each has taken on a certain amount of responsibility even though she doesn't necessarily have to, and the eldest daughter cannot afford to support them on her own.
"She is ready to (take/take on) the responsibility of a wife bravely. (Note: Her husband is seriously ill in the hospital.)"
This depends on whether she's a new wife or a veteran wife of this husband. If the marriage is new and the illness is new, then I'd use take on because those kinds of responsibilities are unexpected for new marriages. If, as in my case when my late wife needed someone to be her daily caregiver during the last nine months of her life (she had cancer), after eleven years of marriage, I would use take the responsibility of a dutiful and loving husband. It's part of the marriage vows, but even though almost no one is prepared for such a thing, it seemed to me the only thing to do even though I could have afforded to pay someone else to do it. Had I paid someone else, I would have been shirking my responsibilities, but by accepting them, I wasn't adding anything unexpected to my responsibilities.
"Take on" means to rise to the challenge of something, or become something
As in, "I would take on the government if I had the chance," or "Taking on the responsibility of raising a child."
"Take" just means to obtain something in some way.
As in, "I can take your toys away," or "I would like to take you out to dinner."
All of the statements would use "take on" (or "taken on," in Number 2), as you cannot physically "take" a responsibility. Most likely, "take on" will precede the word "responsibility." This is because, by taking on the responsibility, you are rising to the challenge of that responsibility.
Your Answer
Post as a guest
Post as a guest
By posting your answer, you agree to the
Not the answer you're looking for?
Browse other questions tagged
English Language & Usage Stack Exchange works best with JavaScript enabled

我要回帖

更多关于 take sth for granted 的文章

随机推荐