go down by the oceaninto the 冻结 ocean waves

初中英语_完型填空_试题_问酷网
当前题库:
1&&&&&&&&&&
试题编号:1272320
知识点:完形填空
难度:未知
I used to have little passion in my life. But what happened the other day changed my mind. It was then that I learned how______.__it is to have a passion in life.
&&& That day I went home in Mom’s car. When Mom___._____at a red light, someone on the side of the road caught my eye. It was a man dressed_____.___rags. He was homeless. That didn’t interest me, because I had seen____._____ like him before. Those people usually looked unhappy and hopeless.
&&& But this man was______._____in some way. He was not sitting down with a____._____expression. Instead, he had a____.____in his hand and was dancing happily to the music. The radio seemed to be the most precious thing he had.
&&& &Mom, why does that man have a radio____.____he’s homeless?& I asked.
&&& &He____.____it,& she replied.
&&& &But why doesn’t he use the money to buy food or clothes? He____._____something that he didn’t need.&
&&& &Well, Sarah, sometimes food and clothes aren’t the most important. &
&&&& That man must care so much about____.____that he bought a radio instead of food or clothes. I soon realized that______._____is the key to life.
&&&& Since then I am always thinking of______.___is truly important in life. A home, a meal, clothes- these things are_____.____part of the life. What we often forget is that we all need a joy, a light in a______._____day. We all need a passion which gives a person the happiness they need to keep going.
(&& ) . A. strange&&&&&& B. important
&&&&& C. dangerous&&&& D. difficult
(&& ) . A. stopped&&&&& B. walked
&&&&& C. stood&&&&&&& D. exercised
(&& ) . A. in&&&&&&&&& B. on
&&&&& C. at&&&&&&&&&& D. of
(&& ) . A. none&&&&&&& B. few
&&&&& C. all&&&&&&&&& D. many
(&& ) . A. common&&&& B. different
&&&&& C. polite&&&&&&& D. rude
(&& ) . A. sad&&&&&&&& B. nervous
&&&&& C. mad&&&&&&&& D. happy
(&& ) . A. hat&&&&&&&&& B. phone
&&&&& C. scarf&&&&&&&& D. radio
(&& ) . A. though&&&&&& B. because
&&&&& C. until&&&&&&&& D. unless
(&& ) . A. borrowed&&&& B. made
&&&&& C. fixed&&&&&&&& D. bought
(&& ) . A. asked for&&& B. waited for
&&&&&& C. paid for&&&& D. looked for
(&& ) . &A. stories&&&&& B. music
&&&&&& C. news&&&&&& D. languages
(&& ) . &A. knowledge&& B. health
&&&&&& C. happiness&&& D. friendship
(&& ) . &A. who&&&&&&&& B. what
&&&&&& C. where&&&&&&& D. when
(&& ) . &A. only&&&&&&& B. all
&&&&&& C. also&&&&&&&& D. never
(&& ) . &A. warm&&&&&&& B. hot
&&&&&& C. dark&&&&&&&& D. relaxing
试题编号:1272312
难度:未知
&&& I was so excited after I had found the holiday in the guidebook. It said, “Enjoy a week of sightseeing in one of Europe’s most beautiful cities &&.&& staying at one of its best hotels. ” Now I wasn’t so sure.& I had waited fifteen minutes at reception (前台) when I&&& .& and now the shower in my room wasn’t working. I &. &hotel reception.
&& “Hello. This is Room 308. There isn’t any&& . in my bathroom. ”
&& “Are you sure?”
&& “Of course I’m sure ! ”
&& “I’ll&& .& our hotel engineer at once. ”
&&& An hour later, the engineer came to look at the& . &. He hit the pipes (管子) a few times and looked& .& . “Sorry, but I cannot fix it today.& Maybe, tomorrow. ”Then he&&& .& &&his hand.& I couldn’t believe it !& He wanted a tip (小费) for doing &&.& &! I was very angry. But suddenly, I had a better idea.& . &, I gave the engineer a few coins. He hadn’t fixed my shower but he had taught me something& . &staying in his country. Two minutes later I was at the reception desk. I explained the&& . &to the receptionist (接待员 ) and he replied, “Sorry. This is a&& .&& situation, but what can we do?” I knew exactly&& .&& to do. I gave the hotel manager a very large tip. Fifteen minutes later I& . into Room 405. It was twice the size of Room 308, it had a wonderful view (景色) of the city, a comfortable bed and, most importantly, there was water in the bathroom.
(&&& ) . A. since&&&&&&&& B. while& &&&&&&&C. after&&&&&&&& D. before
(& &&) .A. arrived&&&&&& B. passed& &&&&&&C. left&&&&&&&&& D. stopped
(&&& ) . A. asked&&&&&&&& B. ordered&&&&&& C. called&&&&&&& D. told
(&&& ) . A. toothpaste&&& B. water&& &&&&&&C. shampoo&&&& &&D. soap
(&&& ) . A. send&&&&&&&&& B. catch&&& &&&&&C. trouble&&&&&& D. bring
(&&& ) . A. door&&&&&&&&& B. TV&&&& &&&&&&&C. shower&&&&&&& D. fridge
(&&& ) . A. proud&&&&&&&& B. worried&&&&&& C. angry&&&& &&&&D. excited
(&&& ) . A. put up&&&&&&& B. cleaned up& &&C.& took back&&& D. held out
(&& &) . A. nothing&&&&&& B. anything&&&&& C. something&&&& D. everything
(&&& ) . A. Seriously&&& B. Especially&&& C. Quickly&&& &&&D. Luckily
(&&& ) . A. at&&&&&&&&&& B. with&&&&& &&&&C. of&&&&&&&&&&& D. about
(&& &) . A. problem&&&&& B. idea&&&&& &&&&C. way&&&& &&&&&&D. mistake
(& &&) . A. helpful&&&&& B. perfect&&&&&& C. terrible&&&&& D. busy
(&&& ) . A. how&&&&&&&&& B. what&& &&&&&&&C. why&& &&&&&&&&D. where
(&&& ) . A. broke&&&&&&& B. looked&&&&&&& C. rushed&&&&&&& D. moved
试题编号:1255995
难度:二级
&&& There is an old English saying, &Laughter is the best medicine.& One person who certainly would have agreed with this is Norman Cousins.
&&& Norman Cousins was the editor of a magazine called Saturday Review for almost forty years. He also___.___and spoke about world peace and anti-war issues(反战议题), traveling to many different countries to share his____.__.
&& In the 1960s, after returning to the United States from a busy and tiring trip to Europe, Mr.
Cousins got___.___. He discovered he had a strange disease that caused great pain in his bones(骨头).
&&& In less than a week after he got back, he could not___.___it. Every move that he made was painful. He was not able to___.___at night. The doctors told Mr. Cousins that they did not know how to cure (治疗) his problem and he might never__.____the illness. Mr. Cousins, however, refused to give up hope.
&&& Mr. Cousins thought that the illness could be caused by___.___thoughts. He did not want to take__.____to cure himself. Instead, he felt that happy thoughts or laughter might cure his illness.
&&& He began to experiment on himself while still in the hospital by watching comedy shows on television. Mr. Cousins quickly found that ten minutes of____.__ laughter during the day gave him two hours of pain-free sleep at night.
&& Deciding that the___.___could not help him, Mr. Cousins left the hospital and checked into a hotel room where he could___.___his experiments with laughter. For eight days, Mr. Cousin___.___in the hotel room watching comedy shows on television, reading amusing books, and sleeping whenever he felt___.___. Within three weeks, he felt well enough to take a vacation to Puerto Rico where he began running on the beach for___.___.
&& After a few months, Mr. Cousins was__.____to carry on his work. He had laughed himself back to health.
.A. laughed&&&&&&&&&& B. taught& C. wrote&&&&&&&&&&&& D. copied
.A. magazines&&&&&&&& B. subjects&& C. photos&&&&&&&&&&& D. ideas
.A. rich&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. sick& C. lonely&&&&&&&&&&&& D. famous
.A. stand&&&&&&&&&&&& B. realize& C. face&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. improve
.A. dream&&&&&&&&&&& B. eat&& C. shout&&&&&&&&&&&& D. sleep
.A. go through&&&&&&& B. look after& C. get over&&&&&&&&&& D. find out
.A. unhappy&&&&&&&&& B. pleasant&& C. silly&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. clever
.A. food&&&&&&&&&&&& B. time& C. medicine&&&&&&&&& D. money
.A. unusual&&&&&&&&&& B. false& C. real&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Wild
.A. friends&&&&&&&&&& B. laughter& C. experiment&&&&&&& D. doctors
.A. begin&&&&&&&&&&& B. end&& C. continue&&&&&&&&& D. report
.A. rested&&&&&&&&&&& B. worked&& C. studied&&&&&&&&&& D. played
.A. well&&&&&&&&&&&& B. tired&& C. afraid&&&&&&&&&&& D. worried
.A. help&&&&&&&&&&&& B. exercise& C. freedom&&&&&&&&& D. fun
.A. able&&&&&&&&&&&& B. safe&& C. lazy&&&&&&&&&&&& D. uncertain
试题编号:1255994
& &&Each of us fails from time to time. If we are wise, having enough experience and knowledge, we will regard these failures(失败) as a necessary and__.____part of learning. But often as parents and teachers, we don’t___.___this right(权利) to our children.
&&& Donnie was a third grader in my class. His___.___about failure kept him from classroom
games that other children enjoyed. He___.___answered my questions-he was afraid of making mistakes.
&&& I tried my best to build his self-confidence. But nothing changed____.__the middle of the term, when Mary,a new teacher,came. She was young and pretty,and she was loved by every student___.___Donnie.It was her who made a big difference to Donnie later.
&& One morning, they were doing math problems at the blackboard. Donnie had copied the problems clearly and____.__. But he’d missed the fourth problem and began to cry with his head in his arms.
I didn’t know what to do. Suddenly, a smile___.___on Mary’s face. From the desk she got a box___.___pencils. &Look, Donnie,& she said gently, squatting(蹿) beside him, “l’ve got something to___.___you.& She removed the pencils,one at a time, and placed them on his desk.
&See these pencils, Donnie,& she continued.&They__.____Mrs. Landon and me. See how the erasers are worn(磨损) ? That’s because we make mistakes too. But we erase the mistakes and try again. That’s what you___.___learn to do,too. &
&&& She kissed him and stood up. “Here,” she said, &I’ll leave one of these pencils on__.____desk, so you’ll remember that everybody makes mistakes, even teachers.& Donnie looked up with__.____in his eyes and a smile.
&&& The pencil became Donnie’s prize. That, together with Mary’s encouragement, gradually made him understand___.___the meaning of making mistakes is-it’s all right to make mistakes, as long as you erase them and try again.
.A. similar&&&&&&&&& B. active&&&&&&&& C. important
.A. offer&&&&&&&&&&& B. pass&&&&&&&&& C. send
.A. puzzle&&&&&& &&&&B. worry&&&&&&&& C. complaint
.A. always&&&&&&&&& B. usually&&&&&&&& C. seldom
.A. since&&&&&&&&&&& B. after&&&&&&&&&& C. until
.A. including&&&&&&&& B. except&&&&&&&&& C. without
.A. simply&&&&&&&&&& B. carefully&&&&&&& C. casually
.A. appeared&&&&&&&& B. froze&&&&&&&&&& C. disappeared
.A. made of&&&&&&&&& B. covered by&&&&& C. filled with
.A. tell&&&&&&&&&&&& B. show&&&&&&&&&& C. ask
.A. come to&&&&&&&& B. refer to&&&&&&& &&C. belong to
.A. might&&&&&&&&&& B. could&&&&&&&&&& C. must
.A. your&&&&&&&&&&& B. his&&&&&&&&&&&& C. her
.A. hate&&&&&&&&&&& B. love&&&&&&&&&&& C. fear
.A. how&&&&&&&&&&& B. why&&&&&&&&&&& C. What
试题编号:1255993
&&&&& One day I was watching a movie at home and tears dropped from my eyes as I saw a touching scene. My three-year-old son came to me and asked me why I was crying.I__.____&& silent as I couldn’t explain to him it was just an emotional thing. To my surprise, he___.___&&& my face with his little hand and said,& Dear Mom, stop crying ! You see___.___will be fine. You’re my good girl. So just get up and let’s get ready for school&On hearing him say this to me I could not help___.___.It was so funny for a child to say so. Later I___.___that he had repeated almost the____.__thing that I told him when he was crying.
&&& The first time a child begins to speak, he tries to____.__what his parents have been telling him for a long time. Usually parents___.___with the words &Mama&’Papa& and so on. But as the child___.___learning and possibly starts speaking on his own without being___.___, we as parents always forget he’s still being tutored by us. The only difference is that we’re now doing it in a more __.____way than before. We always use words that we don’t want our child to say, and when he says those words, we__.____where he has learned them. Even then, some of us don’t realize the child has learned the words from us only.
&&& ___.___we start to put the blame(指责) on either his friends or somebody who has talked to him when we’re not present.
&& So if you want your child to have perfect__.____,you’ll have to set a good example to him. And if you can’t do that, you have no right to expect your child to have such a thing. After all, the parents’ words and behavior have a great___.___over their child.
.A. became&&&&&&&&& B. Got& C. set&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. kept
.A. touched&&&&&&&&& B. hit&&& C. smelled&&&&&&&&& D. tasted
.A. something&&&&&&& B. everything& C. nothing&&&&&&&&& D. anything
.A. singing&&&&&&&&& B. shouting&& C. laughing&&&&&&&&& D. crying
.A. suggested&&&&&&&& B. thought&& C. realized&&&&&&&&& D. believed
.A. strange&&&&&&&&& B. bad& C. same&&&&&&&&&&& D. exciting
.A. ask&&&&&&&&&&&& B. copy& C. practice&&&&&&&&& D. decide
.A. start&&&&&&&&&&&& B. deal&& C. end&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. live
.A. considers&&&&&&&& B. hates& C. practices&&&&&&&&& D. continues
.A. taught&&&&&&&&&& B. watched& C. given&&&&&&&&&&& D. advised
.A. same&&&&&&&&&&& B. similar& C. active&&&&&&&&&&& D. passive
.A. wonder&&&&&&&&& B. doubt&& C. believe&&&&&&&&&& D. suppose
.A. Though&&&&&&&&& B. Still& &&C. Besides&&&&&&&&& D. Instead
.A. education&&&&&&& B. life&& C. behavior&&&&&&&& D. health
.A. influence&&&&&&& B. use&&& C. scene&&&&&&&&&& D. sight
试题编号:1255992
Serena was the oldest child in the family, and her housework was to mow(割草) their yard. Mrs.Martin, their elderly neighbor, was not___.___to take care of her yard, so Serena’s dad promised___.___that Serena would do this job.
&&& &Why didn’t you ask me first?& Serena asked___.___.
&&& &Did you ask me first when you got me to be in the school festival last autumn?& asked her father.
&&& &Well, no. I didn’t ask you first, __.____you’re always ready to help others.&
&&& &I try when I can,&Dad answered. &Serena, we have known Mrs. Martin for a very long time. She has always___.___. our family. Now we should do something for her in return. What’s more, the___.___you get from helping others makes you wonder who is helping whom. &
&&& &I don’t know, Dad,&said Serena. &I only feel__________after mowing our yard. &
&&& &I know it’s hard work for you,&said Dad. &Just wait and see. &
&&& Serena had__.____at 7:00 a. m, then made her way to Mrs. Mrs. Martin’s yard. She was
___.___her job and soon Mrs. Martin’s yard looked much tidier. Mrs. Martin__.____ with a big glass of orange juice and___.___it to her. Serena stopped her work and enjoyed the___.___, while Mrs. Martin was talking to her about all of the flowers in the yard. Seeing the joy(喜悦) in Mrs. Martin’s eyes, Serena began to___.___ how much the yard meant to Mrs. Martin.
&&&& After___.___her drink, Serena returned to___.___in the yard, feeling warm in her heart and thinking about what her father said. Her dad was right. It was hard to tell who was helping whom !
.A. glad&&&&&&&&&&& B. able& C. afraid&&&&&&&&&& D. sorry
.A. you&&&&&&&&&&&& B. himC. her&&&&&&& &&&&&&D. me
.A. unhappily&&&&&&& B. gladly&& C. warmly&&&&&&&&& D. patiently
.A. and&&&&&&&&&&&& B. or&& C. so&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. but
.A. helped&&&&&&&&& B. met&& C. visited&&&&&&&&& D. troubled
.A. reason&&&&&&&&&& B. rule& C. feeling&&&&&&&&& D. excuse
.A. excited&&&&&&&&& B. tired&& C. sad&&&&&&&&&&&& D. happy
.A. breakfast&&&&&&&& B. lunch& C. supper&&&&&&&&&& D. dinner
.A. surprised at&&&&&& B. good at&& C. angry about&&&&&& D. worried about
.A. ran away&&&&&&& B. turned over&& C. set off&&&&&&&&&& D. came out
.A. lent&&&&&&&&&&&& B. threw& C. handed&&&&&&&&&& D. sold
.A. fruit&&&&&&&&&& B. drink&& C. meat&&&&&&&&&& D. vegetables
.A. plan&&&&&&&&& &&B. discuss& C. understand&&&&& D. choose
.A. refusing&&&&&&&& B. beginning& C. preparing&&&&& D. finishing
.A. work&&&&&&&&&& B. study&& C. relax&&&&&&&&&& D. play
试题编号:1255991
&&& Recently I have just finished my college. My teacher’s last___.___was called I6Smile&. I am a very friendly person. So I thought this would be very___.___.
&& Soon after my___.___went out to McDonald’s. We were waiting to be__.____, suddenly everyone around us began to move away, and even my husband did. There standing behind me were two__.____men.
&&& As I looked down at the short gentleman with blue eyes,he said, & Good day.& The second man stood behind his friend. I____.__the second man was mentally disabled(智障) and the&&&& __.____gentleman was his helper.
&&& The assistant asked him what they wanted.
&&& He said,&Coffee is all, Miss.& Because that was all they could___.___.
&&& I smiled and asked the young lady to give me two___.___breakfast meals on a tray (托盘). I then said to the men,&l did not do this for you. God is here whispering(低声说) me to give you hope.&
&&& When I joined my husband, he smiled at me,saying,&That is__.____God gave you to me, honey, to give me hope.&
&&& I returned to____.__with this story in hand.I____.__&my project& and the teacher read it. Then she looked up at me and said, &Can I___.___this with the class?&
&&& I____.__and she began to read and that was when I knew that we. as human beings, share this to help people and to be thanked.
&&& In my own way I had___.___the people at McDonald’s, my husband, sons, teacher, and every person that shared in the classroom on the last night I spent as a college student.
.A. question&&&&&&&& B. project&&& C. class&&&&&&&&&&& D. expression
.A. difficult&&&&&&&& B. funny&& C. important&&&&&&& D. easy
.A. teacher&&&&&&&&& B. classmates&& C. family&&&&&&&&&& D. children
.A. ordered&&&&&&&& B. served&&&& C. paid&&&&&&&&&&& D..called
.A. homeless&&&&&&& B. healthy& C. rich&&&&&&&&&&&& D. strong
.A. allowed&&&&&&&& B. suggested& C. realized&&&&&&&& D. expected
.A. brown-eyed&&&&& B. blue-eyed& C. green-eyed&&&&&& D. black-eyed
.A. drink&&&&&&&&&&& B. want&& C. take&&&&&&&&&&&& D. afford
.A. another&&&&&&&& B. more&& C. both&&&&&&&&&&& D. others
.A. how&&&&&&&&&&& B. what& C. where&&&&&&&&& D. why
.A. college&&&&&&&& B. homeC. church&&&&&&&&&&& D. McDonald’s
.A. put up&&&&&&&&&& B. handed outC. handed in&&&&&&&& D. put away
.A. give &&&&&&&&&&&B. shareC. copy&&&&&&&&&&& D. keep
.A. turned&&&&&&&&& B. leftC. shook&&&&&&&&& D. agreed
.A. touched&&&&&&&& B. known& C. forgotten&&&&&&& D. remembered
试题编号:1255990
&&& It began a year ago, around Christmas. Every time I drove down our street, I____.__an old man sitting in his front yard. He was usually smoking or drinking, and looking rather unhappy.
&&&& One day, while I was driving past him with my___.___, I decided to wave at him with a lot of excitement.___.___, when he noticed me waving at him, he looked a bit shocked. Then, I saw his hand go up and he waved back.&___.___did you wave at him?& my daughter asked. I told her it’s just an act of kindness that doesn’t___.___anything. It gives both him and me a feeling of joy. My daughter replied that she felt a bit uncomfortable to wave to a____.__, but next time she would try it as well.
&&& We lived close to the old man,___.___we saw him rather often. Whenever we drove by, both of us would start waving at him and, pretty soon, the old man started___.___at everyone who passed by his house.
&& One time, my daughter’s friend came to visit and she told my daughter that she saw this strange old man near our home wave at her very__.____.She mentioned that she waved back, although she didn’t know___.___. and it felt really good.
&&& As soon as my daughter heard this, she told her friend the__.____of how all the waving began. Her friend answered,&Tell your mom that’s really cool !&
&& Other friends gave similar___.___. This taught my daughter that an act of kindness can be natural and__.____, if you really want to do it.It showed us how giving happiness can do good to___.___the giver and the receiver.
&&& Moved by the old man’s actions, we’re planning to give our waving neighbor a thank-you card to express our__.____for his exciting waves. We are really thankful for him sharing his simple joy with all who pass by his house.
.A. noticed&&&&&&&&& B. felt&&& C. heard&&&&&&&&&&& D. kept
.A. husband&&&&&&&& B. son&& C. daughter&&&&&&&& D. friend
.A. Just now&&&&&&&& B. On time& C. In the end&&&&&&& D. At the beginning
.A. Why&&&&&&&&&&& B. How&&&& C. When&&&&&&&&&&& D. Where
.A. buy&&&&&&&&&&&& B. cost&& C. hide&&&&& &&&&&&&D. guess
.A. friend&&&&&&&&&& B. driver& C. classmate&&&&&&&& D. stranger
.A. or&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. but&&& C. so&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. yet
.A. shouting&&&&&&&&& B. waving&& C. laughing&&&&&&&&& D. looking
.A. angrily&&&&&&&&&& B. Excitedly&& C. loudly&&&&&&&&&&& D. carefully
.A. him&&&&&&&&&&&& B. me&& C. her&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. us
.A. lesson&&&&&&&&&& B. accident&&&& C. news&&&&&&&&&&& D. story
.A. gifts&&&&&&&&&&& B. notes& C. opinions&&&& &&&&D. books
.A. easy&&&&&&&&&&& B. funny&& C. usual&&&&&&&&&&& D. special
.A. past&&&&&&&&&&&& B. between& C. all&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. both
.A. attentions&&&&&&&& B. thanks&& C. suggestions&&&&&&& D. interests
试题编号:1255989
&&& At a day care centre in Texas, Jessica McClure was playing outside. Jessica’s mother,___.___worked at the day care centre, was watching her.Suddenly Jessica___.___and disappeared. Jessica’s mother cried and ran to her.
&& The well in the yard was only eight inches across, and a rock always___.___it. But children had moved the rock.___.___Jessica fell, she fell right into the well.
Jessica’s mother ran to a phone and called 911 for___.___. Men from the fire department arrived. They__.____that Jessica was about 20 feet down in the well. Then they told Jessica’s parents their___.___.&We can’t go down into the well,&they said, &It’s too small. So, we’re going to dig a hole___.___. the well. We’ll dig down about 20feet. Then we’ll dig a tunnel(通道) across to Jessica. When we reach her. we’ll bring her through the tunnel. Then we’ll bring her up through our___.___.&&&&
The men began to dig the hole on a Wednesday morning. Two days later, on Friday morning, they were___.___digging. And Jessica McClure was still in the well.
&&& All over the world people waited for news of Jessica. They read about her in newspapers and
watched her rescue (营救) on TV. Everyone___.___the little girl in the well.
&&& At 8:00 p. m. on Friday, the men__.____reached Jessica and brought her up from the well.Then doctors rushed her to the hospital. Jessica was badly injured but she was still&&&&& __.____. A doctor at the hospital said, &Jessica is lucky she is very___.___. She’s not going to remember this very well. &
&&& Maybe Jessica will not remember her days in the well. But her parents, her rescuers, and many other people around the world will not forget__.____.
&&& After Jessica’s rescue, one of the rescuers made a metal cover for the well. On the cover he wrote,&To Jessica, with love from all of us.&
.A. she&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. who&&& C. whom&&&&&&&&&&& D. which
.A. fell&&&&&&&&&&&& B. slept&& C. stopped&&&&&&&&& D. rose
.A. broke&&&&&&&&&&& B. hid&& C. covered&&&&&&&&& D. opened
.A. Because&&&&&&&& B. Although&& C. If&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. When
.A. advice&&&&&&&&&& B. money& C. help&&&&&&&&&&&& D. information
.A. promised&&&&&&&& B. discovered&& C. hoped&&&&&&&&&&& D. agreed
.A. dream&&&&&&&&&&& B. study&& C. lesson&&&&&&&&&&& D. plan
.A. next to&&&&&&&&&& B. along with&& C. far from&&&&&&&&&& D. out of
.A. well&&&&&&&&&&&& B. tunnel& C. hole&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. yard
.A. still&&&&&&&&&&& B. already&& C. always&&&&&&&&& D. almost
.A. looked after B. worried about C. made friends with D. stayed away from
.A. immediately&&&& B. usually&&& C. quickly&&&&&&&& D. finally
.A. alone&&&&&&&&&& B. asleep&&& C. alive&&&&&&&&&&& D. afraid
.A. young&&&&&&&&& B. popular&& C. clever&&&&&&&&&& D. pretty
.A. it&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. them&& C. him&&&&&&&&&&& D. us
试题编号:1218296
难度:三级
These days, some middle schools in China are trying to do something different.
The students choose classes according to their own needs. For each subject, they can make a choice from different levels (等级) of difficulty. So instead of staying in the&&& 1&&& classroom, they go to different rooms to have their lessons. And the teachers make special teaching plans for&& 2&& .
There are different opinions about it.
Xia Rui, a 13-year-old girl, said, “ I really love it. I think it’s nice that we can&& 3&& classes by ourselves. My English is poor. I used to be afraid to answer questions in class. I think that the good students may&&& 4&&& me when I make mistakes. Now I feel much more relaxed.”
But her classmate Chen Gang didn’t agree. “ I don’t think it is so good&& 5&&& it is difficult for students to find where the classrooms are,” he said. “During the break, students can be seen here and there, running and shouting to find their&& 6&& .”
“I’m worried that some students may think they are in the lower class&& 7&& lose interested in the subject,” their math teacher, Mr. Wang said. “I also&&& 8&&& that some parents may feel unhappy if their kids study a subject at an easy level.”
“In my eyes, it is good&& 9&& both students and teachers,’ Mr. Wang also said. “As teachers, we can make teaching plans more&&& 10&& and the students will develop better.”
(1) A. clean&&&&& &&&&&& B. same&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. bright&&&&&&
(2) A. us&&&&&&&&&&& &&&& B. him&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&& C. them&&&&&&&
(3) A. play&&&&&&&&& &&& B. teach&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. choose&&&&& &&&&&&&& D. work
(4) A. laugh at&&&&&& & B. listen to&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. look after&&& &&&&&&& D. wait for
(5) A. whether&&&&&& & B. because&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. when&&&&&&
(6) A. parents&&&&&&& & B. friends&&&&&&&&& &&&&& C. books&&&&&& &&&&&&&&& D. classrooms
(7) A. and&&&&&&&&& &&&& B. but&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&& C. till&&&&&&&& &&& D. or
(8) A. hope&&&&&&&& &&& B. report&&&&&&&&&& &&&&& C. cry&&&&&&&& & D. worry
(9) A. for&&&&&&&&&& &&&& B. at&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C. on&&&&&&&& && D. with
(10) A. slowly&&&&&&& & B. easily&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C. quietly&&&& & D. brightly
试题编号:1218247
难度:四级
阅读下面短文,掌握大意,然后从A.B.C.D四个选项中选出一个最佳选项.
&& It was a lovely spring afternoon.My classmates and I were playing happily on the playground when I let out a cry, “Ow!Ow!Something in my shoe is biting* me.”
& Everyone was shocked by the cry.They took me into a classroom and were about to take off my__1__. “Which foot is it?”One asked “let us have a look.”
& Suddenly, I remembered the holes in__2__socks.My family was very poor during those years.I wore welfare socks,which cost only a little,but those__3__welfare socks didn’t last long.They soon had __4__at he bottom.
& I refused to take off my shoe. I__5__stand others seeing the holes in my sock.I tried to hold back my tears Yet,each time the thing__6__my shoe bit me,tears raced down my face.
& My teacher,Miss Diane,hurried into the__7___, “What’s wrong? ”She asked.
&& “Something is biting her right foot,__8__she doesn’t let us take off her shoe,”One of my classmates answered.
Miss Diane lived next door to me.She___9__everything about my family .She put both hands on my shaking shoulders and __10__into my painful and hopeless eyes.
“Oh,yes,it must be a sock-eating ant,” She said,as if she had__11__seen the thing inside the shoe. “I had a bite from one of those ants.By the time I got my shoe off ,it had__12__almost the whole bottom off my sock.” My classmates nodded while they were listening to the teacher__13__,although they all looked a little puzzled*.
Miss Diane took off my right shoe and sock and shook them over the dustbin*.Two red ants __14__it.
“Just what I thought it.The ants have eaten part of her sock.”When she stroked an alcohol* cotton ball on the bites,she added, “You are such a __15__girl to take so many bites.”
The alcohol felt cool on the bites and a little girl’s pride was saved by the “sock-eating ant ” story.
(1)A.shoe&&&&&& B.shirt&&&&&& C.hat&&&&&&& D.coat
(2)A.his&&&&&&& B.her&&&&&&&& C.my&&&&&& D.your
(3)A.free&&&&&& B.wet&&&&&&&& C.dirty&&&&& D.cheap
(4)A.holes&&&&& B.boxes&&&&&& C.stones&&&& D.pockets
(5)A.could&&&&& B.couldn’t&& &&C.must&&&&& D.mustn’t
(6)A.on&&&&&&& B.near&&&&&&&& C.under&&&& D.in
(7)A.office&&&&& B.playground&& C.classroom&& D.toilet
(8)A.because&&&& B.but&&&&&&&& C.or&&&&&&& D.so
(9)A.knew&&&&& B.forgot&&&&&&& C.taught&&& D.borrowed
(10)A.looked&&&& B.dropped& &&&&C.ran&&&&&& D.got
(11)A.hardly&&&& B.already&&&&&& C.still&&&&& D.only
(12)A.turned&&&& B.put&&&&&&&&& C.taken&&&& D.eaten
(13)A.angrily&&&& B.sadly&&&&&& C.carefully&& D.happily
(14)A.lived on&&& B.fell into&&&& C.went over&& D.turned to
(15)A.lucky &&&&&B.friendly&&&&& C.brave&&&& D.clever
试题编号:1218224
&&& Many years ago, when I was a student, the radio studio manager at WXBN interviewed me and it changed my life.
&&& “How old are you?”he looked down at _______41.
&&& “Fifteen,” I said.
&&& “And you want a job in radio?” Shouldn’t you be _______42?”he asked.
&&& How could I explain? I’ve always _______43 the radio. When I was four or five years old, I remember sitting close to the radio in the living room, listening to my favourite programmes, and the voices of my favourite presenters. It seemed that they were speaking to me in person. _______44 the age of nine, I asked for jobs in small radio stations.
&&& As I grew older, my _______45 in radio grew. One day I learned about Internet radio. Once a week, I played my favoutite music from my father’s computer to the listeners, talked about life at school, and then closed down and did my homework.
&&& Soon my friends at junior high school started to listen, and then they wanted to_______46. We prepared the weekly programmes, articles about music, sports news, jokes and the weather report.
“OK, _______47 with me,” the WXBN manager said, I followed him into the studio. Then I sat down in front of a microphone. He was in another room, behind the glass wall.“OK, let’s do a second check. Just tell me _______48 you had for breakfast.”
All radio presenters begin work with the same _______49.“I had eggs, fruit and some milk.”“OK, that’s great,” the man behind the glass said. And this was how my first real _______50 in radio began.
(1)A.me&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.her&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.you&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. him&&&&
(2)A.on the news&&&&& B.on business&&&&& C.at school&&&&&&&&& D.at work
(3)A.repaired&&&&&&&& B.loved&&&&&&&&&&& C.sold&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.cleaned
(4)A.At&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.In&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.With&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.For
(5)A.trouble&&&&&&&&& B.habit&&&&&&&&&&&& C.collection&&&&&&&&& D.interest
(6)A.fight&&&&&&&&&&&& B.refuse&&&&& &&&&&&C.help&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.laugh
(7)A.speak&&&&&&&&&&& B.sing&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.read&&&&&&&&&&&& D.come
(8)A.what&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.how&&&&&&&&&&& C.that&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.why
(9)A.station&&&&&&&&&&& B.advertisement&&&& C.question&&&&&&&&& D.time
(10)A.game&&&&& &&&&&&&B.job&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.joke&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.report
试题编号:1218184
阅读下面的短文,掌握其大意,然后从短文后各题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中选出可以填入相应空白处的最佳答案。
&&&&&&&&The Malaysian government announced that Malaysian flight MH370 lost the contact with the Air Traffic Control &&&36 &&&the morning of March 8th. The flight &&&37 &&&at 00:41 a.m. that morning and planned to arrive in Beijing at 6:30 a.m. It carried 239 passengers, &&&38 &&&154 Chinese. The passengers come from 14 countries and areas. Nobody knows what happened to the plane. Over twenty countries took part in &&&39 &&&it. On March 24, Prime Minister of Malaysia said that MH370 crashed in southern Indian Ocean and none of the passengers survived. When we heard the bad news, we were very sad. So far the plane wreckage(飞机残骸) &&&40 &&&yet. We hope they will find it soon.
(1)A. in&&& B. at& C. on& D. for
(2)A. takes off&&& B. landed&&&& C. was taken off&&&& D. took off
(3)A. including&&& B. except&&&& C. besides&&& D. inclusion
(4)A. searching out&&&&& B. searching for&&&& C. looking for&&&&&& D. looking out
(5)A. hasn’t been founded&&&&& B. wasn’t found&&&& C. hasn’t been found&&&&& D. has been found
试题编号:1218084
&&&&&&&&Math is one of the most boring classes for many students. But recently, at the University of California in the US, a & (1)  &class got 400 students interested. There were even another 35 & (2)  &from behind windows.
&&&&&&&& (3)  &could make a boring subject so interesting? Terence Tao, the 31-year-old university teacher, is known as “the Mozart of Math”. Tao,
born in Hong Kong, spent his childhood in Australia. He showed his great
 (4)  &&in math when he was very young. At the age of two, he could read. At nine, he went to college math classes. At twenty, he got his doctor’s
degree(博士学位). Last summer, Tao & (5)  &a Fields Medal which is known as the “Noble Prize of Math”.  (6)  he was talented, Terence Tao didn’t go to college until he was fourteen. “In my opinion, it’s not  (7)  &to go to college too young.” said Tao. He added, “ (8)  &, studying is like building a large tower. It must have a strong base(基础). Then it can be built higher.”
&&&&&&&&People don’t think Tao is  (9)  &the rest of us. He wears a T-shirt and an old pair of sports shoes. He reads Japanese comic books, too. But he
 (10)  &loves math. “In many ways, my work is my hobby.” he said.
(1)A.math B.music C.Japanese
(2)A.passing B.watching C.shouting
(3)A.What B.Which C.Who
(4)A.talent B.importance C.need
(5)A.made B.won C.found
(6)A.If B.Although C.Because
(7)A.necessary B.convenient C.difficult
(8)A.So far B.At times C.In fact
(9)A.the same as B.different from C.similar to
(10)A.even B.also C.still
试题编号:1218083
&&&&&&&&There are many problems between parents and their children. Some parents don’t understand their  (1)  , and many of them even argue
with each other. If I am a parent, how will I & (2)  my child? Well, I think there are many ways.
&&&&&&&&  (3) 
I’ll encourage my child to do things he or she likes. The
things should be good & (4)  &him or her. If it is not good for my child, I’ll talk to him or her about the disadvantage of the thing in a
 (5)  &way.
&&&&&&&&Second, I will always take pride in everything good that my child
 (6) . For example, if he or she gets good grades, I’ll say something
like & (7)  &, “Well done ! I’m very proud of you.” These words will both make my child and me very & (8)  &.
&&&&&&&&Third, I will spend & (9)  &time staying with my child than my parents did with me. I’ll chat and go shopping with my child. I am & (10)  &these things will make parents and their kids get on well.
(1)A.classmates B.kids C.friends
(2)A.give lessons to B.get along with C.talk to
(3)A.First B.Next C.Later
(4)A.for B.about C.before
(5)A.silent B.lazy C.patient
(6)A.will do B.is doing C.has done
(7)A.it B.this C.them
(8)A.happy B.strange C.sad
(9)A.little B.less C.more
(10)A.afraid B.sure C.surprised
试题编号:1217687
阅读下面短文,从每小题A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出一个能填入文中相应空白处的最佳答案。
Adam Lee is a very popular man in Ottawa. He is not famous in sports or the arts,& (1)& &people in the streets know about him, especially the &&(2)& .
For those people, he is “Gloves Lee”. How did he get that &&(3)& ? He looks like any other businessman, wearing a suit and carrying a briefcase (公文包). But he’s &&(4)& . His briefcase always has some gloves.
In winter, Mr. Lee walks in the streets, looking around at people. He stops when he &&(5)& &someone with no gloves. He gives them a pair and then he moves on, looking for more people with cold &&(6)& .
On winter days, Mr. Lee &&(7)& &gloves. During the rest of the year, he buys gloves. People who have heard about him &&(8)& &him gloves, and he has many in his apartment.
Mr. Lee began doing this 21 years ago. Now, many poor people in the city know him and &&(9)& &his behavior. But people who don’t know him are sometimes surprised by him. They don’t realize that he just wants to make them happy. A pair of gloves may be a (10)& &thing, but it can make a big difference in winter.
(1). A. or&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&& B. so&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. but &&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. and
(2). A. old &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. young &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. rich &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&& D. poor
(3). A. job &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. name &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&& C. chance &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. message
(4). A. calm &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. different &&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&&&&&& C. crazy &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. honest
(5). A. helps &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. chooses &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. greets &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. sees
(6). A. hands &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. feet&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&& C. faces &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&& D. ears
(7). A. searches for &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. picks up &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&&&& C. gives away &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&D. puts on
(8). A. call &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. send &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&& C. lend &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&& D. show
(9). A. understand &&&&&&&&& B. dislike &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. study &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&& D. excuse
(10). A. big&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.&good&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.&small&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. useful&
试题编号:1217634
A young man went to visit a wise man living deep in the mountain for the wisdom of life.
“Excuse me! Could you please tell me what the most &&1& &day in our lives is?Is it the day when we were born or the day we &&2& ?Is it the day when we fall in love or the day we succeed?”The young man asked.
“& 3& .The most important day in our lives is today.”The wise man replied calmly.
“Why?”The young man felt more than &&4& .“Is it because there is a moving event taking place today?”
“No.Nothing has happened today.”
“Is it because of my visit?”
“Even if nobody visited me today, today is &&5& &very important because today is the only wealth we have.No matter how memorable yesterday is, it has gone by like a ship goi no matter how bright tomorrow may be, but no matter how common today is, it is &&6 &our control (控制).”
The young man still wanted to ask something, while the wise man &&7& &him and said, “When we are talking about the meaning of today, we have &&8 &a lot of it.”
The young man nodded and then went down the mountain.
Actually, today is the only &&9& &we have. So, what we should do now is to &&10 &yesterday and tomorrow and catch fast today!
(1)A.important B.necessary C.comfortable D.funny
(2)A.miss B.die C.grow D.start
(3)A.Nothing B.None C.No one D.Neither
(4)A.awful B.pleased C.surprised D.excited
(5)A.yet B.already C.ever D.still
(6)A.for B.under C.on D.with
(7)A.stopped B.refused C.encouragedD.ordered
(8)A.treasured B.handed C.wasted D.avoided
(9)A.excuse B.wayC.chance D.plan
(10)A.forget B.remember C.call D.treat
试题编号:1217633
Early in the morning, at noon, or in the evening in big cities and in the countryside, all over the United States, you can see Americans running — men and women, young and old.People run &&1 &— along the beaches of California, &&2& &Central Park in New York, down quiet streets in small towns or at the gym.Some people even run in &&3& &living rooms.
Running wasn’t so popular in the past.In the 1960s, runners were mostly athletes and healthy strong people.When people saw a runner, they used &&4 &,“Hey, what’s the hurry for?”or they might say to &&5 &,“Is he crazy?”At that time, women almost never ran.If they did, they might be laughed at.But today all these have &6 . Men and women of all &&7& enjoy running.
Doctors say many of the health problems in the United States &&8 &these bad habits: eating too much, smoking cigarettes, and taking &&9 &exercise.Doctors tell us,“Eat less, don’t smoke, and exercise more.”Running is a good exercise &&10 &it helps build strong hearts and lungs.It also helps most people lose weight.
(1)A.anywhere B.somewhere C.everywhere D.nowhere
(2)A.among B.through C.withD.on
(3)A.our B.your C.his D.their
(4)A.toasking B.tospeak C.tospeaking D.toask
(5)A.them B.themselves C.their D.they
(6)A.changed B.stopped C.workedD.done
(7)A.people B.cities C.villages D.ages
(8)A.comefrom B.lookfor C.carefor D.think of
(9)A.few B.many C.muchD.little
(10)A.how B.where C.because D.until
试题编号:1217609
请先阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从各小题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中选出可以填入相应空白处的最佳选项.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
You’ve Got a Cold!
&&&& You feel tired and you have no energy.& You can’t breathe out of your nose and your throat hurts Don’t be afraid. you have probably just got a& &(1) &. Every year, many kids experience this sick feeling Some kids have up to eight colds
every year. So, what_(2) is a cold?
&&&&&& Well, a cold is an infection(传染. It affects(影响) your nose,& ears and throat and makes you feel sick and weak.& It’s very &(3) &to catch a cold.& When someone sneezes or coughs near you, bacteria& (细菌)& travel through the air and& (4) &your body and then make you sick.
Also, if you touch your nose or eyes after touching something that has bacteria on it,&& &(5) a door or your desk at school, you can get sick.
&&&&& Some of the symptoms(症状) of a cold _(6)_ a fever, a sore throat and a cough. If you sneeze, or if your nose is runny and your _(7) &&are watery, you’ve probably got a cold. Most people who have got a cold feel very tired and don’t have much energy to do anything.
&&&&& A cold is not a pleasant thing to &(8) &. However, there are some things you can do to feel better.& You should have hot drinks &(9) &you’ve got a sore throat and cough.
&You should eat healthy foods and get a lot of rest so your body can be strong enough to& fight& your cold. If you’ve got a fever, or if you aren’t feeling better within a few days, you should visit your doctor and take some medicine.
&&&&& A cold can be frustrating, &(10)& just remember that there are many things you can do to feel better and get stronger. Take care of your body and stay healthy.
(1)A.cough
B.headache
(2) A. exactly B. nearly C. clearly D. firstly
(3) A. difficult B. necessary C. easy D. helpful
(4) A. build B. enter C. feel D. find
(5) A. like B. on C. behind D. with
(6) A. take B. catch C. tum D. incl
(7) A. legs B. arms C. eyes D. ears
(8) A. do B. make C. pass D. experience
(9) A. until B. so C. if D. unless
(10) A. then B. but C. and D. or
试题编号:1217558
A first-grade student whose best friend is battling cancer thought that hours of playing and telling jokes was not enough - he wanted to show his buddy just how he understood the &&(1)& &time he was going through.
Seven-year-old Vincent Butterfield &&(2)& &the only way was to cut off his hair in support of his best friend Zac who lost his hair through chemotherapy(化疗).
Zac Gossage is receiving treatment but &&(3)& &goes to Union Central Elementary School in Missouri every day, &&(4)& &that’s where he gets to play on the swing with Vincent. Vincent found out that Zac might &&(5)& &his hair because of the chemotherapy treatment. So one day, he showed up in the first grade class wearing a &&(6)& . He said to his teacher Mrs. Koester, &I have a surprise for Zac.& And he pulled off his cap and other &&(7)& &saw that he already had all his hair &&(8)& &off.
&I did it just to make Zac feel he’s not the only one without any &&(9)& .& said Vincent.
Vincent has also been raising money for his best friend after learning how &&(10)& &his chemotherapy treatments are. He asked his mother to make &&(11)& &than 20 scarves and gloves. He and his mother &&(12)& &them at the price of 10 dollars each, raising over $200 for Zac. The encouragement from Vincent seems to be working. Though Zac is receiving treatments, he has &&(13)& &missed any days of school. He knows that Vincent is out on the playground, waiting for him at break.
When asked &&(14)& &friendship was, Vincent looked at his friend Zac, thought for a(an) &&(15)& &and
responded,&It’s a beautiful thing.&
Clearly, wisdom doesn’t always come with age.
(1) A. hard && B. exciting && C. unpleasant && D. pleasant
(2) A. decided && B. refused && C. agreed && D. disliked
(3) A. ever && B. never && C. just
&& D. still
(4) A. though && B. but && C. because && D. so
(5) A. raise && B. add && C. lose && D. fall
(6) A. mask && B. scarf && C. glove && D. cap
(7) A. teachers && B. kids && C. parents && D. patients
(8) A. pulled && B. sent && C. cut && D. put
(9) A. friends && B. money && C. clothes && D. hair
(10) A. expensive && B. successful && C. important && D. meaningful
(11) A. fewer && B. more && C. worse && D. better