高三高考阅读理解解

高三英语阅读理解The playwright George Bernard Shaw once said humorously,"England and America are two nations divided by a common language.If he were writing today,he might add "divided by a common technology--E-mail."Two completely different styles of e-mail have formed on either side of the Atlantic--Euromail and Amerimail.Amerimail is informal and chatty.It's likely to begin with a "Hi"and end with a "Bye".The chances of Amerimail containing a smiley face or an "xoxo" are disturbingly high.We Americans are unwilling to dive into the meat of an e-mail.We feel we have to first inform recipients(收信人)about our vacation on the island which was really excellent except the jellyfish were biting and the kids caught a bad cold,so we had to skip the whale watching trip,but about that investors' meeting in New York….Amerimail is a bundle of contradictions (矛盾),casual and yet direct,respectful yet over proud.In other words,Amerimail is America.Euromail is stiff and cold often beginning with a formal "Dear Mr.X" and ending with a simple "Sincerely".You won't find any mention of kids or the weather or jellyfish in Euromail.It's all business.It's also slow.Your correspondent (通信者)might take days even weeks to answer a message.Euromail is exactly like the Europeans themselves.Recently about 100 managers were asked on both sides of the Atlantic whether they noticed differences in e-mail styles.Most said yes.Here are a few of their observations:"Americans tend to write (e-mails) exactly as they speak.""Why don't you just call me instead of writing five e-mails back and forth ""Europeans are less interested in checking e-mail"."In general,Americans are much more responsive to e-mail--they respond faster and provide more information.'So which is better,Euromail or Amerimail I realize it's not popular these days to suggest we have anything to learn from Europeans,but I'm fed up with an inbox filled with casual,barely meaningful e-mails from friends and colleagues.If the alternative is a few earnestly written,carefully worded bits of Euromail,then I say:"Bring it on."61.Which of the following is most likely to be the "meat" of an Amerimail A.The jellyfish were biting.B.We had an excellent vocation on the island.C.We had to skip the whale watching trip.D.We were to attend the investors' meeting in New York.63.We can conclude from the passage thatA.the different e-mail styles do much harm to the relationship between the two sides on AtlanticB.Amerimail is more appreciated by the writer for being informative and casually writtenC.Euromail always impresses the writer as something more pleasant to readD.the writer doesn't favor either email style as both have their own shortcomings61选D,63选C...最好关键的句子能帮我翻译下We feel we have to first inform recipients(收信人)about our vacation on the island which was really excellent except the jellyfish were biting and the kids caught a bad cold,so we had to skip the whale watching trip,but about that investors' meeting in New York…
低调_路过10658
61题中的meat是一个关键,他出现在这一句:We Americans are unwilling to dive into the meat of an e-mail,大意就是我们美国人不喜欢这个电子邮件里的meat,由此可见美国人写邮件的时候就不会这么写,这句话之后就是一个美国人怎么写的例子,包含了ABC三项,可见D是答案.还有一处印证,在You won't find any mention of kids or the weather or jellyfish in Euromail.It's all business.这里的business同D选项是一个东西.63题选C出自这句话but I'm fed up with an inbox filled with casual,barely meaningful e-mails from friends and colleagues.这里的but转折前文的那句话,大意时:美国人没有太多要学欧洲人的.这里的转折意思就是写邮件上,我们还是要学的.be fed up with是厌恶的意思,由此可以判断态度.
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码欢迎你,    
高考英语阅读
  高考英语阅读理解长难句分析详解可以帮助考生提高高考英语复习效率,新东方在线高考网为大家整理了《[高考复习]高考英语阅读理解长难句分析详解》,帮助高考生攻克高考英语的复习,一起...
来源:新东方在线04月26日 12:00
  高考英语阅读理解是考生备战高考复习的重点,新东方在线高考网为大家整理了高考英语阅读理解中长难句的处理技巧,供大家参考。 高考冲刺:高考英语阅读理解高分技巧【点击下载全文】 ...
来源:新东方在线04月06日 12:13
  高考英语阅读理解是考生备战高考复习的重点,新东方在线高考网为大家整理了高考英语阅读理解中长难句的处理技巧,供大家参考。高考英语阅读理解中长难句的处理技巧【点击下载全文】  ...
来源:新东方在线04月06日 12:04
  高考英语阅读理解是高考英语考试的重要部分,也是考生们丢分的主要部分,为了帮助考生们攻克高考英语阅读理解,新东方在线高考网为大家整理了《高考英语阅读理解猜词义的方法》,供大家...
来源:新东方在线03月24日 10:04
  2016年高考正在紧张的备考阶段,英语阅读理解是同学们复习的重点,为方便同学们复习,新东方在线高考网小编整理了《2016高考英语阅读理解练习100篇(含答案)》,供同学们参考学习。  点...
来源:新东方在线02月25日 12:12
  2016年高考正在紧张的备考阶段,英语阅读理解是同学们复习的重点,为方便同学们复习,新东方在线高考网小编整理了《2016高考英语阅读理解练习100篇(含答案)》,供同学们参考学习。  点...
来源:新东方在线02月25日 12:11
来源:新东方在线02月25日 12:10
高中网络课堂
全程特惠班
【文科全科】
【理科全科】
【文科综合】
【理科综合】
提分特训营
2017高考一轮复习
新高三【语文】暑假班
¥660.013556试听
新高三【化学】暑假班
¥660.013556试听
新高三【语数英】暑假班
¥1660.013556试听
新东方在线英语主讲教师,新东方教育科技集团培训师。毕业于悉尼大学,获得媒体实务硕士。曾获21世纪杯...
新高三【语数...
新高三【语数英物化】暑假班
¥2330.013556试听
小飞老师(李鹏),新东方在线精英教师,新东方旗下优答APP主讲。盘踞教育辅导业十余年。精研教学考试规...
新高三【语数...
新高三【数物化】暑假班
¥1660.013556试听
新高三【数物...
新高三【数学】暑假班
¥660.013556试听
新高三【数学...
新高三【物理】暑假班
¥660.013556试听
杨帆:新东方在线物理名师,物理学师范专业,教育硕士。高中一线教学经验近10年,曾任教于海淀区重点学校...
新高三【物理...
新高三【英语】暑假班
¥660.013556试听
新高三【英语...
高一【数物化】秋季班
¥1660.013552试听
高一【数物化...
高一【语数英物化】寒假班
¥2330.013554试听
高一【语数英...
高一【语数英】寒假班
¥1660.013554试听
高一【语数英...
高一【数物化】寒假班
¥1660.013553试听
高一【数物化...
高一【语数英物化】秋季班
¥2330.013553试听
新东方教育科技集团首席集团教学培训师,沈阳新东方英语教学教研主管兼产品项目经理,沈阳市第一中学、...
高一【语数英...
高一【语数英】秋季班
¥1660.013553试听
毕业于中国青年政治学院中国语言文学系,高考语文成绩出众,经过专业学习,成为新东方语文组一名优秀教...
高一【语数英...
高一【语数英物化】秋寒春暑全年班
¥5600.013561试听
新东方高中语文优秀教师,高考语文名师,超4000小时授课达人历任新东方高中语文教材编写负责人新东方高...
高一【语数英...
高考网络课堂
实用 o 工具
交流 o 下载
高考课程排行榜
高考公开课
新东方在线高考微博一品高考网 - 高中三年一路有你
高考网搜索、更快、更准、更精确
┊┊┊┊┊┊┊┊┊┊┊┊┊ ┊
跨越地平线 高尔泰 阅读答案
装在套子里的人 阅读答案
阅读答案网提供高中阅读,高中阅读练习题,高中阅读题答案,高一,高二,高三阅读练习题答案。I.阅读理解[文章大意]本文是一篇说明文,主要介绍了一种机器人单口相声演员和它的优点。1C 细节理解题。根据第一段中的&…but can we use them as stand-ups (单口相声演员)in the future? One robot called Ro-boThespian has been trying out some jokes.,,可知,设计这~&机器人的最初目的是看它是否能像单口相声演员那样表演,故答案为&2.D 细节理解题。根据第四段中的&'We used computer vision and audio& software&& to&& notice&& the&& response&& of&& each audience member...'&可知,机器人单口相声演员在台上表演时,可以录下观众的反应,随之做出反应。故答案为D。3.D推理判断题。根据第五、六段中Biever说的话可知他认为看机器人表演更舒服。故答案为D。4.A主旨大意题。根据第一段中提到了机器人以及后文中多次出现advantages —词可知,本文主要介绍了机器人单口相声演员和它的优点。故答案为A。
题目来源: &
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
B [2015 •长春普通高中三检]Raised in a motherless home, my father was extremely tight-fisted towards us children. His attitude didn't soften as I grew into adulthood and went to college. I had to ride the bus whenever I came home. Though the bus stopped about two miles from home, Dad never met me, even in severe&weather. If I grumbled, he'd say in his loudest father-voice, &That's what your legs are for!&The walk didn't bother me as much as the fear of walk?ing alone along the highway and country roads. I also felt less than valued that my father didn't seem concerned about my safety. But that feeling was cancelled one spring evening.It had been a particularly difficult week at college after long hours in labs. I longed for home. When the bus reached the stop, I stepped off and dragged my suitcase to begin the long journey home.A row of hedge (树篱)edged the driveway that climbed the hill to our house. Once I had turned off the highway to start the last lap of my journey, I always had a sense of relief to see the hedge because it meant that I was almost home. On that particular evening, the hedge had just come into view when I saw something grey moving along the top of the hedge, moving towards the house. Upon closer observation, I realized it was the top of my father's head. Then I knew, each time I'd come home, he had stood behind the hedge, watching, until he knew I had arrived safely.& I swallowed hard against the tears. He did care, after all.On later visits* that spot of grey became my watchtow-er. I could hardly wait until I was close enough to watch for its secret movement above the greenery. Upon reaching home, I would find my father sitting innocently in his chair. &So! My son, it's you!& he'd say, his face lengthening into pretended surprise.I replied, &Yes, Dad. It's me. I'm home.,,5. What does the underlined word &grumbled& in Paragraph 1 probably mean?A. Accepted happily.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Explained clearly.C. Agreed willingly.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Spoke unhappily.6. What made the author feel upset was .&A. the tiredness after long hours in labsB. the fear of seeing something movingC. the feeling of being less than valuedD. the loneliness of riding the bus home&7. The author's father watched behind the hedge because&A. he was concerned about his son's safetyB. he wanted to help his son build up courageC.he didn't want to meet his son at the doorwayD. he didn't think his son was old enough to walk alone8.Which of the following can be the best title for the pas?sage?A. My father's secret&&&&&&& B. My college lifeC. Terrible journey home & & & &D. Riding the bus alone
II.完形填空[2015 •东北三校高三二联]My heart beat with that feeling, pumping it like blood to my body as my fingers flew across the piano keys. As the piece neared the end, I 9 up to take my final bow. For a second, the room was 10 Yet, even in that one second, I had enough time to 11 whether I had done perfectly. Then,&12&, the applause(掌声)came.&Thank you... so much,& I said, 13 to the person standing on my other side. Olga, my piano teacher for six years? smiled back at me. &You've been an 14 student all these years,& she said. &I hope that whatever you do, you never stop&15 &I leaned forward, 16 I would keep playing because I loved piano, and hugged her.As it 17 , the promise wasn't as meaningful as I'd hoped. Right after the 18 ,1 kept up my strict practising schedule every day. 19 , it began&slipping away from me. I stopped taking 20 because of my busy schedule with homework. Not long after, I stopped practising altogether. It was 21 not to have to stress about piano any more. But something was& 22&inside of me. I was empty inside.One day I met Michelle, who had also taken piano les?sons from Olga.&Are you& 23&taking lessons from Olga?& she asked.'&Actually I just quit a while ago,& I replied.&That's a& &24&&,& she responded.& &I remember your pe it was &25 && &Two days after talking to Michelle, I was at a 26&what to &do. I moved slowly into the living room unconsciously, but in fact I knew&& 27&& what I was doing.& &As the music& 28 &, a familiar feeling rose inside me.& 9.&& A. showed & & & & & & & & & & & & & & B. &sat& & &C.& stood & & & & & & & & & & & & & & D. looked&10. & &A.& light & & & & & & & & & & & & & B.&& quiet& & &C.& colourful & & & & & & & & & & & &D.&& nervous11. & A.& expect & & & & & & & & & & & & & & B.&& remind& & &C.& know & & & & & & & & & & & & & & &D.&& doubt12. &A.& immediately&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.&& successfully& & C.& hopefully & & & & & & & & & & & & & D.&& suddenly13. &A.& turning & & & & & & & & & & & & & &B.&& waving& & C.& running & & & & & & & & & & & & &D.&& pointing14. & A.& easy-going & & & & & & & & & & & B.&& imaginative& & &C.& amazing & & & & & & & & & & & & & D.&& honest15.&&&& A.& practising & & & & & & & & & & & &B.&& learning& & &C.& competing & & & & & & & & & & & & D.&& gaining16. &A.& telling & & & & & & & & & & & & & &B.&& promising& & C.& admitting & & & & & & & & & & & &D.&& speaking17. A.& carried on & & & & & & & & & & & B.&& brought up& &C.& turned out & & & & & & & & & & & D.&& taken in18. &A.& performance&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.&& final& & C.& presentation&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.&& play19. A.& Soon & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & B.&& Besides& &C.& Thus & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & D.&& Instead20. &A.& lectures & & & & & & & & & & & & & B.&& parts& &C.& lessons & & & & & & & & & & & & & & D.&& pieces21. &A.& disappointing&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.&& pleasing& & C.& inspiring & & & & & & & & & & & & & &D.&& puzzling22.&&&& A.& beating & & & & & & & & & & & & & B.&& rising& & C.& changing & & & & & & & & & & & & D.&& shining23. & A.& still & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & B.&& even& & C.& much&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.&& yet24. A.& shame & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & B.&& relief& &C.& pleasure & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & &D.&& deal25. &A.& challenging & & & & & & & & & & & B.&& breathtaking& &C.& demanding&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.&& embarrassing26. A.& time & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & &B.&& heart& &C.& dream & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & D.&& loss&27. &A.& normally & & & & & & & & & & & & & B.&& exactly& &C.& unclearly & & & & & & & & & & & & & D.&& badly&28. A.& ended & & & & & & & & & & & & & & B.&& hit& C.& covered & & & & & & & & & & & & &D.&& spread
0.完形填空[2015 *江西九江二模]One day I was walking to the mailbox with my dad,when I saw something drop from a tree. I couldn't 8 what it was, so I kept my eyes on the spot as we came near. It was a baby bird, which had fallen from its nest. It had long, awk?ward wings and feet, and 9 that fought to stay open. It was 10 , so I sat next to it watching while my dad got the mail. I 11 its nest and mother, 12 what happened to it.My dad said we had to 13
there was nothing we could do. He said if the mother bird smelled any traces(踪迹) of&&& 14&&& , she wouldn't go near the& 15 &again.As we began to walk away, a woman 16 &Did it fall out of a nest?& she asked.&Yeah,& I answered.&&&It 17 a lot. Not much we can do,& she said. &Try not to think about it when you go to sleep tonight.&I walked 18 the mailbox the next day. The baby bird lay&&& 19&&&& in the grass.&I realize that &Try not to think about it& is the 20 of many people towards things which 21 to provide them with perfect excuses 22 not bothering. The woman wasn't being 23 ; she was actually quite nice. But when everyone says &there's 24 I can do―just try not to think about it&, where will we finally&25&? When billions of&people& 26&&try not to think about it when they go to bed atnight, there might be millions of fallen birds lying dead and&27& in the grass the next morning.8. A. say & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & B. talk C.& speak & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & D. tell9. A. eyes & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & B. arms C.& feathers & & & & & & & & & & & & & & D. claws&10. A.& bored & & & & & & & & & & & & & & &B. stupidC.& lovely & & & & & & & & & & & & & & &D. clever11. A.& turned back & & & & & & & & & & B. stared at C.& pointed to & & & & & & & & & & & &D. looked for12. A.& suggesting & & & & & & & & & & & &B. deciding C.& wondering & & & & & & & & & & & D. finding13. A.& help & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & B. leave C.& catch & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & &D. kill14. A.& children & & & & & & & & & & & & & B. humans C.& animals & & & & & & & & & & & & & &D. insects15. A.&& tree & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & &B. grassC.& baby & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & &D. person16. A.& returned & & & & & & & & & & & & & B. interrupted C.& approached&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. left& 17.A.& happens & & & & & & & & & & & & & B. criesC.& suffers & & & & & & & & & & & & & &D. changes18. A.& from & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & &B. beyond C.& past & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & D. into19. A.& asleep & & & & & & & & & & & & & & &B. dead C.& still & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & &D. alive20. A.& attitude & & & & & & & & & & & & & &B. feelingC.& consideration&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. understanding21. A.& fails & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & B. proves C.& refuses&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. seems22. &A. from & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & B. of C.& about & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & D. for23. A.& cruel & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & &B. kindC.& silly & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & D. friendly24. A.& something & & & & & & & & & & & &B. nothing C.& everything&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. anything25. A.& start out & & & & & & & & & & & & & B. come from C.& settle down&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. end up26. A.& possibly & & & & & & & & & & & & &B. simply C.& particularly&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. luckily27. A. forgotten & & & & & & & & & & & & & & B. buriedC.& eaten & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & D. remembered
I.阅读理解A [2015 .湖北八市高三联考] Alice's mother died when Alice was five years old. Al?ice, who grew up to be my mother, told me that after her mother's death her family was too poor to even afford to give her a doll.In December 2012, I had a job at a local bank. One after?noon, we were decorating the tree in the bank lobby(大厅). One of my customers approached me with her beautiful hand?made dolls. I decided to get one for my daughter, Katie, who was almost five years old. Then I had an idea. I asked my customer if she could make me a special doll for my mother-one with grey hair and spectacles (眼镜):a grandmother doll. And she gladly agreed.A friend had told me that his dad who played Santa Claus would be willing to make a visit on Christmas morning to my home to deliver my Katie her presents, so I made some spe?cial arrangements.Christmas Day arrived so did Santa Claus. Katie was surprised that Santa had come to see her at her own house. As Santa turned to leave, he looked once more into his bag and found one more gift. As he asked who Alice was, my mother, surprised at her name being called, indicated that she in fact was Alice. Santa handed her the gift, with a message card that read:For Alice :I was cleaning out my sleigh(雪橇) be fore my trip this&year and came across this package that -was supposed to be delivered on December 25, 1953s The present inside has aged , but I felt that you might still wish to have it. Many apologies for the lateness of the gift.& & & & & & & & & & & & & & Love,& & & & & & & & & & & & & &Santa ClausMy mother's reaction was one of the most deeply emo?tional scenes I have ever seen. She couldn't speak but only hold the doll she had waited for fifty-nine years to receive as tears of joy ran down her cheeks. That doll, given by & San?ta& ,made my mother the happiest &child& that Christmas.1.The reason why the writer's mother couldn't have a doll&when young was that___________ .&A.&&&& Santa Claus forgot to deliver the doll to herB.&&&& her daughter couldn't make a doll by herselfC.&&&& her parents left the doll in the Santa Claus' sleighD.&&&& her family was badly off when she was a child2.It can be inferred from the passage that______________ .A. the writer's father played Santa ClausB.the writer's mother was already in her sixties when she received the dollC. the writer asked one of her friends to make the doll for her motherD. Santa Claus was too careless to deliver the doll on time&3. When the writer's mother received the doll that she had waited so long, she was .&A.&&&& pleased and inspiredB.&&&& puzzled and angryC.&&&& happy and excitedD.&&&& curious and grateful4.The best title for this passage could be & &.&A.&&&& A doll from SantaB.&&&& An unforgettable ChristmasC.&&&& A considerate daughterD.&&&& A help from Santa Claus
I.阅读理解A [2015 .四川新津中学高三一诊] Moral science is taught as a subject in most schools but with little effect. Perhaps part of the problem lies in the fact that morality is not a science, strictly speaking. It is too much of a social phenomenon, and also has too much of the personal and subjective things mixed within. Besides, morali?ty itself changes with generations. So it is impossible to be defined in a textbook.I remember sitting through forty minutes of moral les?sons, which told stories about little children who never told lies and were rewarded for their goodness. It had little effect and left no impression on me, though.If moral science has to be taught as a subject in schools, it needs a participatory(参与其中的)approach. When you tell a child about morals, you also have to deal with social norms(规范)and cultural differences. You have to explain that morality can be subjective, and be able to coexist in soci?ety. You will probably have to refer to the morals of the pres?ent time.The best way to tell a child how to live is to show him or her what is valued. If a child likes his or her friends, you have to make the child think about why. Once the child no?tices and recognizes goodness in others, he or she is likely to develop it as well.In fact, children learn most of their morals by watching people around them. They absorb behaviour patterns from teachers and older students. They watch to see what is re?warded and who is punished. They learn on the sports field and through social work. Moral science lessons should simply consist of letting them live and interact, and watch you sup?port correct values and reward good behaviour.1.&&&& Which is NOT the reason why moral science is taught in schools but with little effect?&A.&&&& Morality doesn't strictly belong to a science.B.&&&& Morality is more like a social phenomenon.C.&&&& Morality can't be written down in textbooks.D.&&&& Different generations have different moral ideas.2.&&&& The author describes his own experience of having moral lessons in order to •&A.&&&& explain that telling lies is not moral for little childrenB.&&&& advise that people should be rewarded for their good?nessC.&&&& show that he has no opinions about moral scienceD.&&&& prove that moral lessons in schools have little effect&3.&&&& When&& you&& tell&& a &&child&& about&& morals ,&& you shouldA.&&&& teach him or her to share personal moral ideas with othersB.&&&&& tell him or her about social norms and cultural differ?encesC.&&&&& explain that nobody can influence his or her moral ide?asD.&&&& say that the present morals are likely to be changed4.&&&& What is the last paragraph mainly about?&A.&&&& The influence of people's behaviour on morals.B.&&&& The value of teachers' setting a good example.C.&&&& The best way of teaching children about morals.D.&&&& The importance of rewarding good behaviour.
Ⅱ.阅读七选五【2015 郑州一检〗根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。Although most games have winners and losers, the goal of sports is not to win every game. The real goals include get?ting exercise , having fun , and learning important social skills, like sportsmanship.Good sportsmanship is all about respect. Good sports re?spect the other players on their teams. They respect the play?ers on opposing teams. They respect coaches, and they also respect the referees or other officials involved in their games.9 They yell at their teammates and they talk back to coa?ches or referees.Kids usually learn sportsmanship―good and bad―from the adults in their lives. 10 If parents and coaches show disrespect to other fans, referees, or each other, kids will likely act the same way on the field.11&Some of them are very basic and easy to do, like shaking hands with other players before a game. Other exam?ples may take a little more courage, such as acknowledging a great play made by the opposing team.Learning good sportsmanship is important because it helps you develop an attitude of graciousness (礼貌)and re?spect that will carry over into all the other areas of your life!12 Being a good sport in the classroom will eventually lead to being a good sport in the workplace.So be a good sport in whatever you do! 13 When others see you acting in a way that makes it clear that winning isn't the most important thing, you can move on to focusing on the important things, like having fun, getting exercise, and improving your skills.A.&&&& Good sportsmanship can be shown in many ways.B.&&&& On the contrary, bad sportsmanship is all about disre?spect.C.&&&& The example you set can be a powerful teaching tool for others.D.&&&& Players' parents and coaches set examples that kids tend to follow.E.&&&& We can be good sports by encouraging others but not laughing at them.F.&&&&& Starting as a good sport earlier will help you be a good sport as you get old.G.&&&& If you're a good sport on the field, you'll also likely be a good sport in the classroom.
B& [2015 .江西新余一中高三三模] People aren't walking any more―if they can figure out away to avoid it.I felt superior about this matter until the other day I took&my car to mail a small parcel. The journey is a matter of 281&steps. But I used the car. And I wasn't in any hurry, either.I had merely become one more victim of a national sickness:motorosis.It is an illness to which I had thought myself immune(免疫的),for I was bred in the tradition of going to places on my own two legs. At that time, we regarded 25 miles as a good day's walk and the ability to cover such a distance in ten hours as a sign of strength and skill. It did not occur to us that walking was a hardship. And the effect was lasting. When I was 45 years old I raced―and beat―a teenage foot?ball player the 168 steps up the Statue of Liberty.Such enterprises today are regarded by many middle-aged persons as bad for the heart. But a well-known British physi?cian* Sir Adolphe Abrahams, pointed out recently that hearts and bodies need proper exercise. A person who avoids exer?cise is more likely to have illnesses than one who exercises regularly. And walking is an ideal form of exercise―the most familiar and natural of all.It was Henry Thoreau who showed mankind the richness of going on foot. The man walking can learn the trees, flow?ers, insects, birds and animals, the significance of seasons, the very feel of himself as a living creature in a living world. He cannot learn in a car.The car is a convenient means of transport, but we have made it our way of life. Many people don't dare to appr to them the world they were born to enjoy is all threat. To them security is a steel river thundering on a concrete road. And much of their thinking takes place while waiting for the traffic light to turn green.& I say that the green of forests is the mind's best light. And none but the man on foot can evaluate what is basic and everlasting.4. &What was life like when the author was young?&A.&&&& People often walked 25 miles a day.B.&&&& People usually went around on foot.C.&&&& People used to climb the Statue of Liberty.D.&&&& People considered a ten-hour walk as a hardship.5. The author mentions Henry Thoreau to prove that___________ .&A.&&&& middle-aged people like getting back to natureB.&&&& people need regular exercise to keep fitC.&&&& walking in nature helps enrich one's mindD.&&&& going on foot prevents heart disease6. What is compared to &a steel river& in Paragraph 6?&A. A ray of traffic light.&& B.& A queue of cars.C.& A flash of lightning.&&& D.& A stream of people.7.What is the author's intention of writing this passage?&A.&&&& To encourage people to return to walking.B.&&&& To recommend people to give up driving.C.&&&& To advise people to do outdoor activities.D.&&&& To tell people to reflect more on life.
来源:学年山东枣庄市高三上期末英语试卷(解析版)
题型:完形填空
I'd gone from a tiny village school with a total of 60 students, to a huge school, with thousands of pupils.I was a little fish in a very big
. I lived too much of my first year
doing anything wrong.I just decided to be the wallflower when it discussion and answering questions.1 was always the one that
didn't look the teacher in the eye
they asked me to answer.I listened well, and
everything in, but I always liked to be a spectator(旁观者).It's hard not t0
what others may think of you when you are speaking in front of many
.It did take long for me to feel
with teachers and make friends with classmates.Some people
straight into a new learning environment.
, most are nervous and feel they don't fit in.It's completely
, so it should not be a worry to you.Be
and you will adapt to the new school.School life is
you make of it.S some like it.-But it's only when you leave that you can really appreciate how school
you into the person you become.It's so important to
yourself out of your comfort zone.If you're shy, tell yourself you’ I raise your
at lea if you're quick-minded, try to give other people a(n)
. In time, you will
__ how much you loved it or hated it.1.A.class B.school
D.house2.A.in fear of B.in favor of
C.in honor of
D.in danger of3.A.got to B.referred to
C.turned to
D.came to4.A.sharply
B.purposely
C.hopelessly
D.searchingly5.A.in case B.so that
C.the moment
D.soon after6.A.wrote B.brought
D.got7.A.doubt B.apply
D.care8.A.teachers B.classmates
D.friends9.A.angry
B.popular
C.disappointed
D.comfortable10.A.slide B.fit
D.turn11.A. Therefore B.Instead
C.However
D.Meanwhile12.A.normal
B.strange
C.awkward
D.interesting13.A.proud
B.practical
C.private
D.positive14.A.what
D.when15.A.like
D.hate16.A.forces B.develops
D.teaches17.A.push
D.remove18.A.voice B.question
D.head19.A.answer
D.smile20.A.forget
B.forgive
C.realize
D.remember
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!

我要回帖

更多关于 高三阅读理解the 的文章

随机推荐