上传于||文档简介
&&英​美​节​日
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用2下载券
想免费下载本文?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩16页未读,继续阅读
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢单项选择(英语)1.I've won two weeks' holiday for Europe.I _____ my sister.A.take B.have taken C.am taking D.will have taken2.Arriving in America,he discovered a(n) _____ fact of American culture:Driving is a way of life.A.simple B.basic C.important D.easy3.I'd like a job that pays more,but ______,I don't want to give up the jov I'm doing now.A.in this way B.in other words C.for example D.on the other hand4.What about going for ______ hike this weekend?That's a great idea.I love getting close to _____ nature.A.a;/ B./;the C.a;the D./5.Will you tell us something about the weather there?I _____ to that.A.come B.talk C.am coming D.has talked6.Day by day I ______ everyone in my class and made friends with them.A.got close to B.came across C.came up to D.got away from7.It is said that the woman is a great scientist ______ an excellent writer.A.as long as B.as well as C.as soon as D.but 8.My brother flew to London yesterday and I was asked ___ him ___ at the airport.A.off B.off C.around D.around9.Unless he _____ to help us,we shall lose the game.A.promises B.will promise C.would promise D.is going to promise10.Li Lei,I come to tell you that I'm going to Shanghai tomorrow.________A.Have a good trip B.That's a good idea C.Congratulation D.It's so nice of you
CCDAC ABBAA这是正确答案,楼上也错太多了吧,不会就不要乱写...
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
C、B、D、A、(C)、A、B、B、A、A
扫描下载二维码【图文】英美语区别精品课件 British English VS American English_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
评价文档:
英美语区别精品课件 British English VS American English
上传于||文档简介
&&英​美​语​区​别​精​品​课​件
大小:267.00KB
登录百度文库,专享文档复制特权,财富值每天免费拿!
你可能喜欢holiday和vacation的区别是什么?
按投票排序
是 vacation 而不是 vocation。。。holiday 的本意是 holy + day,“神圣的日子”。所以可以猜想这个词刚开始指的是宗教中的节日。而 vacation 来自动词 vacate,意思是离开一个区域。比如离开办公室。然后很自然的引申到休息。
祭出神器OALD:Usage note: holiday / vacationYou use holiday (or holidays) in British English and vacation in North American English to describe the regular periods of time when you are not at work or school, or time that you spend travelling or resting away from home: ◇ I get four weeks’ holiday/vacation a year. ◇ He’s on holiday/vacation this week. ◇ I like to take my holiday/vacation in the winter. ◇ the summer holidays/vacation.In North American English a holiday (or a public holiday) is a single day when government offices, schools, banks and businesses are closed: The school will be closed Monday because it’s a holiday. This is called a bank holiday in British English. The holidays is used in North American English to refer to the time in late December and early January that includes Christmas, Hanukkah and the New Year.
Vacation in British English is used mainly to mean one of the periods when universities are officially closed for the students.提醒题主下次请勿做伸手党。
基本理念:历史是连续的,语言也是连续的。holiday 和 vacation 之间有联系也有区别,和汉语的近义词类似,有时可以通用有时不能通用。通过辞源字典可以帮助理解: holiday vacation feast因为人们使用的词汇是和生活方式有关的,所以随着生活方式的变化词汇的内涵和外延都会变化。我个人的理解是:festival指祖先传下来的狂欢日等。holiday主要表示继承下来的(festival)规律性的休息日,比如上班族的周末,比如传统的春节,国家规定的十一等。这里主要从周期性来指代某些特定的日子。vacation是指的从职责中解脱的一种状态,是从这个角度出发的。总的来说从festival 到 holiday 到 vacation 是随着人类社会的生产方式以及人的社会属性的不断变化才一步一步变化的。最开始大家主要是农民或者匠人,生活工作并没有区分开,最多在节日的时候欢乐一下。有了宗教信仰之后人除了自己的生活之外,同时是上帝的子女,在这个层面会有一种定期的活动,可以休息或者做其他事情。工业社会来到之后再继续发展,出现了大城市,都市白领的上班制度就是继承于上一部的宗教习惯的,所以会借用宗教词汇来指代周期性的休息。但是都市的人会逐渐把工作和生活完全分开,休息日的“解脱职责”属性越来越明显,甚至有公司制度保障的主动带薪假期,这时的假期和1中的节日完全没有关系,和2中的宗教习惯也没有关系,而是主要指的3中的含义,这是就比较适合使用vacation了。所以说在暑假出游可以说vacation,暑假也可以说是holiday,这些都没有冲突。三步走,我们缺乏第二部所以走起来难一点,这就是“摸着石头过河”的背景,并不是其他地区有了经验我们就可以直接借用,自身情况不一样。日本的星期叫法可以看出他们走的比较平缓和顺利。
一般英国用holiday,美国用vacation,意思差不多。
已有帐号?
无法登录?
社交帐号登录

我要回帖

更多关于 for holiday 的文章

随机推荐