Perseverance that got thatyou that book saved me

答案:C提示:
这是英语中典型强调结构。
这是英语中典型强调结构。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
题型:阅读理解
When Andrea Peterson landed her first teaching job, she faced the daunting task of creating a music program with almost no money for equipment or supplies in a climate where standards-based learning was the focus and music just provided a break for students and teachers. For her drive and creativity in overcoming those challenges, she’s been named national teacher of& the year. Principal Waynes Kettler said he’s worked with many outstanding teachers in his 22 years as an educator, but Peterson is “just that one step above anybody I’ve ever worked with before.”Kettler and others at Monte Cristo Elementary School talk about the ways she has introduced the learning from other classrooms into her music program and her creativity in working around things such as the lack of money for new music. When students were reading S.E. Hinton’s novel The Outsiders in their regular classroom, Peterson helped them write a 30-minute play with scenes from the book. Then they chose three Broadway tunes that focused no race, equality and social justice, the themes of the book. Peterson composed two other songs herself after classroom discussions about the play and the book.The honor means a lot to residents of Granite Foils. It’s inspiring to know that people from small towns own even win national honors. As national teacher of the year, Peterson will spend the more year outside the classroom, as a national and international spokeswoman for education. Not surpassingly. She is a big believe in the white of acts education. She said it’s essential for schools to offer classes such as act or music and physical education because for some kids one of those subjects is the only thing that motivates them to come back to school day after day. 65.The underlined word “daunting” in Paragraph 1 most probably means __________. A.discouraging&& B.interesting&& C.creative&&& D.unbearable 66.When Peterson began her teaching career, ____________. A.music was a focus of learning in most schools B.theenvironment was favorable to music teaching C.the school backed teaching facilities for music D.immemorial support for music programs was unavailable 67.What is the most important reason that Peterson won the award? A.She concerned herself with current social problems. B.She motivated students to learn music with her creativity. C.She has aught music at the elementary school for 22 years. D.She make great efforts to amuse students’ interest in literature. 68.Which of the following is an example of Peterson’s way of teaching music? A.She wrote plays on themes of race, equality and social justice. B.She made use of the contents of other classes in her teaching. C.She organized classroom discussions of Broadway tunes. D.She helped students compose songs by themselves. 69.In Peterson’s opinion, ____________. A.art music and PE classes are all important B.more subjects should be offered to students C.students should be nativated to attend art classes D.arts education is more important than other subjects70.It can be inferred from the text that ________. A.Peterson’s honor was a surprise for the local people B.Peterson’s art classes attracted students back to school C.Peterson aroused the local residents’ passion for music D.Peterson will change her profession next year && &
来源:学年四川省成都市树德协进中学高二4月月考英语试卷(带解析)
题型:完型填空
I thought my luck had run out at the end of the summer holiday. It was not the &&31 &of the new term that did it, but the &&32 &military training. My &&33&&nightmare(噩梦) had finally come true.The weather was &&34 &hot when we were training. Sweat dropped from every part of my body. I &&35 &as if my mouth was going to catch fire. &&36 &was the only thing I could think about. It was the first time in my life that I have ever really felt &&37&.However, we had to stand completely &&38&&all day. The drill-master(教官) were very strict with us. They only &&39&&us to sit directly on the ground for a few minutes. My heels ached and I had a blister(水泡) on my &&40&.Believe me, this was not the most &&41 &part. What I couldn’t &&42&&most of all was the smell of the toilets. It left such a deep impression on me that I can almost smell it right now.I guess most of the other students &&43&&the same experience that I had. I often thought of giving up and going back home. &&44 , I didn’t.One day, our PE teacher came to watch our &&45&&for a while. Then he &46 &to join the national flag squad(队). “You movement is the best of all,” he praised me. It was so &&47&! I almost couldn’t believe my ears. It was a great honor to be chosen for the squad.From that day on, I worked much harder than before because I knew I was going to &&48 &the national flag. Every Monday, thousands of eyes would be &&49&&on me. Now military training has finished and I have become a flag protector in my school. Every time I raise the flag, I know all my hard work has &&50& .【小题1】A.imagination B.course C.start D.end【小题2】A.wonderful B.simple C.important D.tough【小题3】A.most B.worst C.best D.least【小题4】A.unbearably B.necessarilyC.completely D.regularly【小题5】A.believedB.supposedC.felt D.considered【小题6】A.RestB.WaterC.Music D.Fruit【小题7】A.sleepy B.helpless C.thirsty D.useless【小题8】A.quietB.silent C.calm D.still【小题9】A.allowedB.ordered C.kept D.made【小题10】A.legs B.hands C.feet D.arms【小题11】A.wonderfulB.exciting C.popular D.painful【小题12】A.prevent B.need C.handle D.stand【小题13】A.behaved B.shared C.belongedD.presented【小题14】A.NaturallyB.GenerallyC.Fortunately
D.Especially【小题15】A.performanceB.practiceC.studentsD.exercise【小题16】A.took me outB.picked me outC.gave me outD.let me out【小题17】A.awfulB.rareC.amazingD.interesting【小题18】A.liftB.protectC.catch D.hold【小题19】A.focusingB.turning C.changingD.moving【小题20】A.turned offB.got offC.taken offD.paid off
来源:学年安徽省淮北一中高一上学期期中考试英语试卷(带解析)
I was small for my age. I was shy and sometimes it was hard for me to make friends with the others. However, learning came fairly easy for me. I was the best in most of my classes, but PE class was my nightmare (恶梦) and made me feel that I was not as good as the others.Miss Forsythe was our PE teacher. She was young and energetic. Everyone liked her. She said that we all had to come to her classes. No one could hide from Miss Forsythe!One day she told me that she wanted me to play a game with another girl in a PE show. I was rather worried that I wouldn’t do a good job when she explained her idea, but she was excited. With her encouragement, I had no choice but to agree. It was a "boy meets girl" game. I played the boy and my classmate, Margaret Ann, played the girl. We were dressed in evening clothes and danced around the floor. According to Miss Forsythe, I had to pick up Margaret Ann when we finished the dance. Since I was not strong enough to pick the tallest girl up, it was she who picked me up. I suddenly felt ten feet tall!It was a huge success and everybody applauded (鼓掌) for our excellent performance. What a wonderful ending! Afterwards, I smiled confidently (自信地).Miss Forsythe’s understanding and willingness to create a place for me in her show (which certainly did not need me) gave me some much needed confidence. She was and always will be my favorite teacher.【小题1】What do we know about Miss Forsythe?A.She was good at dancing.B.She was a strict teacher.C.She liked to play games with the students after class.D.She taught students how to dance.【小题2】How did the author feel about the game at first?A.She was excited.B.She thought it would be fun.C.She was disappointed.D.She was nervous.【小题3】What is the best title for the passage?A.Our PE Teacher—Miss ForsytheB.My School LifeC.A Forgettable ExperienceD.A Game with My Classmate
来源:2014届四川省成都市高二4月月考英语试卷(解析版)
题型:完型填空
I thought my luck had run out at the end of the summer
holiday. It was not the &&31 &of the new term that did
it, but the &&32 &military training. My &&33&&nightmare(噩梦) had finally come true.
The weather was &&34 &hot when
we were training. Sweat dropped from every part of my body. I &&35
&as if my mouth was going to catch fire. &&36 &was
the only thing I could think about. It was the first time in my life that I
have ever really felt &&37&.
However, we had to stand completely &&38&&all
day. The drill-master(教官) were very strict with us. They only &&39&&us
to sit directly on the ground for a few minutes. My heels ached and I had a
blister(水泡) on my &&40&.
Believe me, this was not the most &&41 &part.
What I couldn’t &&42&&most of all was the smell of
the toilets. It left such a deep impression on me that I can almost smell it
right now.I guess most of the other students &&43&&the
same experience that I had. I often thought of giving up and going back home. &&44
, I didn’t.
One day, our PE teacher came to watch our &&45&&for
a while. Then he &46 &to join the national flag squad(队). “You movement is the best of all,” he praised me.
It was so &&47&! I almost couldn’t believe my ears. It
was a great honor to be chosen for the squad.
From that day on, I worked much harder than before
because I knew I was going to &&48 &the national flag.
Every Monday, thousands of eyes would be &&49&&on
me. Now military training has finished and I have become a flag protector in my
school. Every time I raise the flag, I know all my hard work has &&50&
1.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.imagination &&&& B.course &&&&&&&& C.start
2.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.wonderful &&&&& B.simple &&&&&&&& C.important &&& D.tough
3.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.most &&&&&&&&& B.worst &&&&&&&&& C.best
4.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.unbearably &&&& B.necessarily&&&&& C.completely && D.regularly
5.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.believed&&&&&&& B.supposed&&&&&& C.felt
D.considered
6.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.Rest&&&&&&&&&& B.Water&&&&&&&&& C.Music && D.Fruit
7.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.sleepy &&&&&&&& B.helpless &&&&&&& C.thirsty && D.useless
8.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.quiet&&&&&&&&& B.silent &&&&&&&&& C.calm &&& D.still
9.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.allowed&&&&&&& B.ordered &&&&&& C.kept
10.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.legs &&&&&&&&& B.hands &&&&&&&& C.feet
11.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.wonderful&&&&& B.exciting &&&&&&& C.popular & D.painful
12.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.prevent &&&&&& B.need &&&&&&&&& C.handle && D.stand
13.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.behaved &&&&&& B.shared &&&&&&& C.belonged& D.presented
14.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.Naturally&&&&&& B.Generally&&&&&& C.Fortunately &&& D.Especially
15.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.performance&&& B.practice&&&&&&& C.students&& D.exercise
16.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.took me out&&&& B.picked me out&& C.gave me out&&& D.let me out
17.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.awful&&&&&&&&& B.rare&&&&&&&&&& C.amazing&& D.interesting
18.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.lift&&&&&&&&&&& B.protect&&&&&&&& C.catch
19.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.focusing&&&&&&& B.turning &&&&&&& C.changing& D.moving
20.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.turned off&&&&& B.got off&&&&&&&& C.taken off& D.paid off
来源:2015届山西省大同市高一上学期期中考试英语试卷(解析版)
I was small for my age. I was shy and
sometimes it was hard for me to make friends with the others. However, learning
came fairly easy for me. I was the best in most of my classes, but PE class was
my nightmare (恶梦)
and made me feel that I was not as good as the others.
Miss Forsythe was our PE teacher. She was
young and energetic. Everyone liked her. She said that we all had to come to
her classes. No one could hide from Miss Forsythe! One day she told me that she
wanted me to play a game with another girl in a PE show. I was rather worried
that I wouldn’t do a good job when she explained her idea, but she was excited.
With her encouragement, I had no choice but to agree. It was a &boy meets
girl& game. I played the boy and my classmate, Margaret Ann, played the
girl. We were dressed in evening clothes and danced around the floor. According
to Miss Forsythe, I had to pick up Margaret Ann when we finished the dance.
Since I was not strong enough to pick the tallest girl up, it was she who
picked me up. I suddenly felt ten feet tall! It was a huge success and
everybody applauded (鼓掌) for our excellent performance. What a wonderful ending!
Afterwards, I smiled confidently (自信地).
Miss Forsythe’s understanding and willingness
to create a place for me in her show (which certainly did not need me) gave me
some much needed confidence. She was and always will be my favorite teacher.
1.What do we know about Miss Forsythe?
A.She was good at dancing.
B.She was young and energetic.
C.She liked to play games with the students after class.
D.She taught students how to dance.
2.How did the author feel about the game at
first?
A.She was excited.
B.She thought it would be fun.
C.She was glad.
D.She was nervous.
3.It can be inferred from the passage that
__________.
A.Miss Forsythe had planned the game that way on purpose (故意地)
B.Miss Forsythe helped the author pick up the tallest girl
C.the author was afraid when she felt ten feet tall
D.the author didn't like his teacher.
4.What is the best title for the passage?
A.Our PE Teacher—Miss Forsythe
B.My School Life
C.A Forgettable Experience
D.A Game with My Classmate
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!Perseverance | Puritan Evangelical Church

我要回帖

更多关于 i got that boom boom 的文章

随机推荐