用课程英语怎么说说第五课到第八课怎么说

当前位置: >>
2012年新版自考英语(二)讲义第5课至第8课
2013 年自考“英语(二)”备考资料(新版教材 unit 5) Unit 5 Keeping Your Dreams Alive I. New words and expressions New words 1. transcend v. 超出,超越(通常的界限) 2. incessantly adv. 不停地;持续不断地 3. noisily adv. 喧闹地 noise noisy 4. subtly adv. 不易察觉地;不明显地;微妙地 5. enormity n. 巨大;深远影响;严重性 enormous 6. burden n. (义务、责任等的)重担,负担 7. belief n. 相信;信心 believe believable unbelievable disbelief 8. unique adj. 唯一的;独一无二的;独特的 9. affliction n. 折磨;痛苦 10. especially adv. 尤其;特别;格外 11. tribe n. 部落 12. species n. 种,物种(分类上小于属) 13. discipline n. 自制力;遵守纪律 14. confront v. 处理,解决(问题或困境) 15. evoke v. 引起,唤起(感情、记忆或形象) 16. grief n. (尤指因某人去世引起的)悲伤,悲痛,伤心 17. guilt n. 内疚;悔恨 guilty be guilty of be / feel guilty about 18. anxiety n. 焦虑;忧虑 anxious 19. anguish n. 剧痛;极度痛苦;苦恼 20. despair n. 绝望 21. uncomfortable adj.(使)焦虑的,尴尬的,害怕的,不自在的 22. phys ical adj. 身体 的;肉体 的;躯 体的 23. equal v. 比得上;敌得过 24. conflict n. 冲突;争执;争论 25. engender v. 产生,引起(某种感觉或情况) 26. pose v. 造成(威胁、问题等);引起;产生 27. distinguish v. 区分;辨别;分清 28. wisdom n. 智慧;才智;精明 29. mentally adv. 精神上;智力上;思想上 30. spiritually adv. 精神上;心灵上 31. desire v. 渴望;期望 32. deliberately adv. 故意;蓄意;存心 33. instruct v. 教授;指导 34. dread v. 非常害怕;极为担心 Phrases and Expressions 1. moan about 抱怨 2. a series of 系列;连续 3. because of 因为 4. as well as 除…之外 5. cutting edge (处于某事物发展的)尖端,最前沿,领先阶段 6. call forth 引起;使产生 II. Text Learning Life Is Difficult ① Life Is Difficult. ② This is a great truth, one of the greatest truths. It is a great truth because once we truly see this truth we transcend it. Once we truly know that life is difficult -once we truly understand and accept it -then life is no longer difficult. Because once it is accepted, the fact that life is difficult no longer matters.(承上句) ③ Most people do not fully see this truth that life is difficult. ④ Instead the y m oan m ore or less incessantly, noisily or subtly, about the enormity of their problems, their burdens, an d their difficulties as if l i f e w e r e g e n e r a l l y e a s y, a s i f l i f e s h o u l d b e e a s y . ( 1 ) T h e y v o i c e t h e i r belief, noisil y or subtly, that their difficulties represent a unique k ind of affliction that should not be and that has somehow been especially visited upon them, or else upon their families, their tribe, their class, their nation, their race or even their species, and not upon others. I know about this moaning because I have done m y share. (承上、总结的 句子) 本部分重点及难点: 1. T hey voice their belief, noisily or subtl y, that their difficulties represent a unique kind of affliction that should not be and that has som ehow been especiall y vis ited upon them, or else upon their fam ilies, their tribe, their class, their nation, the ir race or even their species, and not upon others. visit sth. on / upon sb./sth. (古)inflict(造成,使遭受) punishment on sb./sth. 对某人/某物进行惩罚 visit the sins of the parents upon their children 相当于 m ak e the children suffer for their parent's failings 使子女因父母之过错而受惩罚 ⑤ Life is a series of problem s. Do we want to m oan about them or solve them? Do we want to teach our children to solve them? ⑥ Discipline is the basic set of tools we require to solve life's problem s.(主题句) W ithout discipline we can solve nothing. W ith onl y som e discipline we can solve onl y som e problem s. W ith total discipline we can solve all problems. ⑦ W hat m ak e life difficult is that the process of confronting and solving problems is a painful one. Problems, depending upon their nature, evoke in us frustration of grief, sadness, loneliness, guilt, regret, anger, fear, anxiety, anguish, despair. T hese are unc omfortable feelings, often ver y uncomfortable, often as painful as any kind of phys ical pain, som etim es equaling the ver y worst k ind of ph ysic al pain. (2)Indeed, it is because of the pain that events or conflicts engender in us all that we call them problems. (承上启下句) (3)And since life poses an endless series of problem s, life is always difficult and is full of pain as well as jo y. 本部分重点及难点: 2. Indeed, it is because of the pain that events or conflicts engender in us all that we call them problems. 强调句。去掉 it is…that…剩下的部分成 立。 3. And since life poses an endless series of problem s, life is always difficult and is full of pain as well as joy. pose an endless series of problems pose threat pose danger pose for a picture ⑧ (4) Yet it is in this whole process of m eeting and solving problems that life has its meaning. Problems are the cutting edge that distinguishes between success and failure. Problem s call forth our co indeed, they create our courage and our wisdom. It is only because of problems that we grow mentally and spiritually. W hen we desire to encourage the growth of the human spirit, we challenge and encourage the human capacity to s olve problems, just as in school we deliberately set problems for our children to solve. It is through the pain of confronting and resolving problems that we learn. (承上启下句)As Benjamin Franklin said, &Those things that hurt, instruct.& It is for this reason that wise people learn not to dread but actually to welcom e problem s and actually to welcome the pain of problems. 本部分重点及难点: 4. (Paragraph 8) Yet it is in this whole process of m eeting and solving problems that life has its meaning. Problems are the cutt ing edge that distinguishes between success and failure. Problem s call forth our co indeed, they create our courage and our wisdom. It is only because of problems that we grow mentally and spiritually. W hen we desire to encourage the g rowth of the human spirit, we challenge and encourage the human capacity to solve problems, just as in school we deliberately set problems for our children to solve. It is through the pain of confronting and resolving problems that we learn. (承上启下句)As Benjamin Franklin said, &Those things that hurt, instruct.& It is for this reason that wise people learn not to dread but actually to welcom e problem s and actually to welcome the pain of problems. 本文出现最多的结构是强调结构。本段中的强调结构有: (1)Yet it is in this whole process of meeting and solving problems that life has its meaning. (2)It is only because of problems that we grow mentally and spiritually. (本 句的语 序要留意 ) 比较:Only because of problem s do we grow m entall y and spirituall y. 类似的还有 not until…被强调时,例如: It was not until m idnight that the party broke up. Not until midnight did the party break up. (3)It is through the pain of confronting and resolving problems that we learn. (4)It is for this reason that wise people learn not to dread but actually to welcom e problem s and actually to welcom e the pain of problems. 请认真答题,答题结果将记入知识点测评的成绩! 【单选题】8. It was not until the deadline that ______ out the application form. A. he had sent B. had he sent C. he sent D. did he send 【答案】C 【解析】本题考查否定词被强调时,强调结构中 that 从句的语序。否定词放在句 首句子要用倒装语序,但在强调结构中否定词被强调时, that 引导的部分不能倒 装,要用陈述句语序。 【知识点】否定词被强调时,强调结构中 that 从句的语序 重点掌握:courage 的派生词 courageous encourage ~ sb. to do sth. discourage ~ sb. from doing sth. encouraging discouraging encouragement discouragement III. 部分练习讲解 P201 Bridging the Gap Directions: Fill in the blank s with a word or a phrase that best com pletes the passage. You m ay choose a suitable one from the list given. 解题方法:把词分类 动词 focus on fit satisfy thinking of sense challenged The purpose of life is to 1 satisf y the soul, and though acknowledging your accom plishm ents can help in this effort, it cannot tak e you the full distance (全程 ). T he onl y thing that can satisf y your soul is an ans wer to the question, who am I? You are an individualized expressi on of life, of greater consequence and m agnitude 2 thananything you will ever accom plish. W hen we 3 focus onthe fact that we are enough now, the beginning, 4 the middleand the end of every journey - whether it's finding a mate or getting a better job - is filled with a 5 sense of well -being(幸福感). W e may complete an experience and even be thrilled by the outcome, 6 butwe know that we are no m ore com plete than when we started out. You see, we are either enough right now or we' and if we are, then we're 7 challenged b y our enoughnes s to live that wa y. T he problem is, m ost of us don't listen to the 8 innervoice that says, &You're enough because you exist.& W e ignore it because being enough doesn't 9 fit the im age we have ourselves. W e have spent so m uch t im e 10 thinking ofourselves as not being enough that enoughness seems ver y far awa y. W e m ay have a sense of being surrounded b y the Life Force(生命的力量), but we forget that the Life Force is also within us. And if the Life Force is within us, we are enough. I. New words and expressions New words 1. lately adv. 最近;新近;近来;不久前 2. insurmountable adj. (困难、问题等)无法克服的,难以解决的,不可逾越 的 3. challenge n. 挑战;艰巨任务 4. battle v.(与…)搏斗;,(与…)斗争 5. desperation n. 绝望;拼命;铤而走险 6. value v. 重视;珍视 7. wand n. 魔杖 名词 the middle sense 形容词 inner 连词 but 介词 than 8. cheerfully adv. 快乐地;高兴地;兴高采烈地 9. quote v. 引用;引述 10. unreceptive adj. 对新观点、建议等)不愿倾听的,不愿接受的 11. inspiration n. 鼓舞人心的人(或事物) inspire inspire sb. to (m ak e) m ore efforts inspire confidence in sb. inspiring 12. contact v. 联系,联络(如用电话或信件) contact sb. contact lens 13. imagine v. 料想;认为 imaginative imaginary imaginable unimaginable imagination 请看下面的填空练习: Fair y tales are all im aginar y. One has to be ver y im aginative to be a science -fiction writer. W e have encounter ed unim aginable difficulties in carr ying out that polic y. He is ver y rich in imagination. 14. uncaring adj. 冷漠的;无同情心的 15. life-threatening adj. 可能致命的;威胁着生命的 16. recover y n. 恢复;痊愈 recover from sth. m ak e a quick recovery from sth. Phrases and Expressions 1. start over 重新开始 2. on one's feet (困境后)恢复,完全复原;(病后)痊愈 3. struggle with 斗争;抗争 4. walk out on 遗弃,抛弃,离开(某人) 5. bring about 导致;引起 6. fight back 奋力抵抗;还击 II. Text Learning Begin Again (1)T o begin again m eans that you won't give up. T o begin again m eans you're tr ying. You can either start over and live your life Or spend the rest of your life slowly dying. It is never the falling that makes us fail. It is never the pain or the cr ying. You can never fail in life, m y friend, (2)Unless you give up tr ying. ---- Bob Perks 本部分重点及难点: 1. T o begin again m eans that you won't give up. mean doing sth./ mean that/ mean sth. 意味着,意思是,指的是 mean to do sth. 打算做某事,想要做某事 例如: Loving a person doesn't m ean dying for him or her. T his result doesn't m ean that you haven' t work ed hard. Love means mutual respect. I didn't m ean to hur t your feelings. 2. Unless you give up tr ying. give up doing sth. give up sm ok ing / tr ying 注意区分:give in give in to the enemy / money 请认真答题,答题结果将记入知识点测评的成绩! 【单选题】9. The new order will m ean _______ overtim e as far as we are concerned.. A. working B. to work C. to be working D. work 【答案】A 【解析】本题考查 mean 的用法。mean doing sth.意思是&意味着,意思是,指 的是&,而 mean to do sth.意思是&打算做某事&。本句意思是&对我们来说这一新 订单意味着加班加点&,故选 A。 【知识点】mean 的用法 It seems lately that more and more of m y friends are facing some seemingly insurmountable challenges in their lives. A few have lost their jobs and some have failed marriages. All too many have health issues or are battling cancer. (3)I don't know if it is desperation that causes them to turn to me for advice or whether they have come to value our friendship. But it is difficult, to sa y the least, to offer words of hope when all the y feel is hopelessness. They expect answers, som e m agic waving of a wand, or a roadmap to get them back on their feet again. I have often struggled with what to sa y. Mostly because I have faced m any of the sam e challenges in m y own life, I rem em ber how empty I felt after som eone cheerfull y offered words lik e, &Keep your chin up! & & T h i n g s w i l l g e t b e t t e r ! & & H a n g i n t h e r e ! & & i t ' s a l w a ys d a r k e s t … , & e t c . Yes, even those wh o were quick to quote the Bible to m e found m e quite unreceptive at the time. Now, as an inspiration writer, being thought of as a resource of hope or a good (or bad) example of what to do in life, I have even more people contacting me. So, what do I say? &W h a t c a n I d o , B o b ? I ' v e l o s t m y j o b . W h a t d o y o u s u g g e s t ? & &Begin again.& (4) &He walked out on me. My whole world just ended. W hat should I do?& &Begin again.& &Bob, I k now both your son and your wife had cancer. I found out m y wife does, too. W hat did you tell them ?& &Begin again.& It almost sounds too simple. I imagine in the darkest hours of one's life, those words would seem useless or uncaring. But it is indeed the answer. All life challenges bring about an ending - and the chance for a beginning. A job loss presents an opportunity to start over somewhere else and m aybe even in another career. (5)A failed m arriage does not m ean you are through loving or being loved. It m eans there are others just lik e you needing to be loved. Find them. A life-threatening disease does not mean giving up. It means starting a new path to recover y and discovering within yourself the abilit y to fight back and win. And if you are a person of faith, even death does not m ean it's over. It means, &to begin again.& 本部分重点及难点: 3. I don't know if it is desperation that causes them to turn to me for advice or whether they have come to value our friendship. turn to sb. for sth. turn to sb. for comfort turn to sb. for help / advice 4. &He walked out on m e….& He walked out on m e.=He d eserted / abandoned / dum ped m e. 5. A failed m arriage does not m ean you are through loving or being loved. be through loving or being loved be through (with) 完成;结束 例如: W hen will you be through with your work ? Mary and Tom are through. be through with sb. 与某人断绝关系 be through with drink ing / sm ok ing 不再喝酒/吸烟 回到目录2013 年自考“英语(二)”备考资料(新版教材 unit 6) Unit 6 The Value of Money I. New words and expressions New words 1. stationery n. 文具 同音词:stationary 2. fare n. 车费;船费;飞机票价 3. lum p sum n. 一次总付的钱款 4. recess n. 课间休息 , 5. allocate v. 拨(给);划(给);分配(给) 6. overspend v. 花钱过多;比(预计的)花得多;超支 注意 over- / out-的区别: overeat outeat overdo outdo oversleep outlive overweight outshine 7. opt v. 选择;挑选 option optional 8. constraint n. 限制;限定;约束 9. budget v. 谨慎花钱;把…编入预算 10. overindulge v. 过多地享用(尤指食物或饮料) 11. short-sighted adj. 目光溜浅的;没有远见的 12. mentality n. 心态;思想状况;思想方法 13. sibling n. 兄;弟;姐;妹 14. indulge v. 沉湎,沉迷,沉溺(于…) 15. rationing n. 定量配给政策;配给制 16. principle n. 观念;(行动、思想的)理由,信条 同音词:principal 17. unnecessarily adv. 没必要地 18. differentiate v. 区分;区别;辨别 differ different difference 19. inculcate v. 反复灌输;谆谆教诲 20. resist v. 忍住;抵挡 resistant resistance 21. temptation n. 引诱;诱惑 22. scheme n. 计划;方案;体系;体制 23. formation n. 组成;形成 24. kindergarten n. 幼儿园 25. monthly adj. 按月结算的;有效期为一个月的 daily weekly biweekly monthly quarterly yearl y Phrases and Expressions 1. on a daily basis 每日地 2. result in 导致 3. pay off 付清;偿清 4. within one's m eans 量入为出 5. stand…in good stead (需要时)对某人有用,对某人有利 II. Text Learning T eaching Children to Spend Pock et Money W isely ① School-going children need pocket money for food, stationery and bus fares. Parents give pocket money to their children in different ways. Som e give a lum p sum at the beginning of a m onth or a week . Others prefer to give pocket m oney on a daily basis. (1)The wa y in which pocket money is given affects how money is spent or saved. (承 上启下的句子) On the other hand, the children's spending habits may affect how pocket money is given. ② (2)Pock et m oney given on a dail y basis is som etim es term ed as &food m oney&. C hildren usuall y use the poc k et m oney to bu y food during recess and also at lunch hour if they have school activities in the afternoon. T he y learn how to m anage sm all sum s of m oney. As the money is limited, they have to control their spending. (承上启下的句子) (3)Some parents choose this method of allocating pocket money in order to prevent their children from overspending, hoping that in t ime the y can be trusted with larger sum s of m oney. Parents who ear n dail y wages may also opt for this due to financial constraints. (承上句) 本部分重点及难点: 1. The wa y in which pocket m oney is given affects how m oney is spent or saved. (1) the way (in which / that) sb. does sth. (参考 Unit 2,Text A) the way (in which / that) sth. is done (2) 句子的主干是:The way affects how money is spent or saved. 2. Pock et m oney given on a daily basis is som etim es term ed as &food m oney&. (1) given on a daily basis 过去分词短语作定语 (2) be termed as 被称为… 3. Some parents choose this method of allocating pocket money in order to prevent their children from overspending, hoping that in time the y can be trusted with larger sum s of m oney. (1) 句子的主干是 Some parents choose this method in order to prevent their children from overspending. prevent sb. from doing sth. 与 k eep sb. from doing sth. 相同,但前者 from 可以省略,后者不能省略。 (2) hoping that…伴随状语,相当于 in the hope that…&怀着……的希望& (3) in time: sooner or later, eventually 迟早,最后 You will learn how to do it in time. 你迟早会能学会做这件事的。 (4) trust …with…把……托付给…… (参考 Unit 3,Text B) ③ Giving pocket money on a daily basis places responsibilities of budgeting on the parents, instead of the child. (4)The child may spend ever y single cent of the daily pocket money by overindulging in junk food as the y k now they will get another sum of m oney the next day. This results in children being shortsighted in their spending. The thought of saving money never crossed their minds. (承上启下的句子) They may develop the mentality that money is meant to be spent. (承上 句)Others spend more than they are given. They borrow from their siblings or their classm ates when the y feel like indulging them selves. Then they may ask for money to pay off their debts. (5)This habit of borrowing causes them to depend on others to solve the ir problems. (承上启下的句子) In such instances, the purpose of rationing is defeated. 本部分重点及难点: 4. The child may spend ever y single cent of the daily pocket money by overindulging in junk food as the y k now they will get another sum of m oney the next day. 孩子知道 第二天 还能得 到一笔零 花钱, 因而会 花光每一 分 钱,暴食垃圾食品。 5. This habit of borrowing causes them to depend on others to solve their problems. (1) cause sb. to do sth. (2) depend / rely on sb. to do sth. 注意 depend 的派生词:dependent (on/upon) dependence (on/upon) independent (of) Independence Day 类似用法的结构: wait for sb. to do sth. call on sb. to do sth. look to sb. to do sth. / for sth. 指望某人做某事 请认真答题,答题结果将记入知识点测评的成绩! 【单选题】10. His complete ______ on his parents made them very disappointed. He decided to encourage him to be _______ of them. A. independent, dependent B. independence, dependent C. dependence, independence D. dependence, independent 【答案】D 【解析】本题考查 depend 的派生词。第一个空格作主语故需要填名词,第二个 空格作表语,故需要填形容词,因此用 B 和 D 中选择,根据句意需选 D。句意为& 他纯粹依靠父母使父母很失望,他们决定鼓励他独立于他们。 & 【知识点】depend 的派生词 ④ Childr en need to learn how to budget their m oney. Som e parents go by the &learing by doing& principle and give their children lump sums at the beginning of the month, and by the third week of the month their account is alread y dr y. ⑤ On the other hand, some learn to budget their pocke t money very well and even have savings at the end of the month. They do not borrow m oney unnecessarily. In other words, the y learn to spend within their m eans. (6)The key to doing this is to differentiate between needs and wants. (7)Buy the necessary firs t, and indulge ourselves only if there is m oney left. (承上启下的句子) (8)This habit, when inculcated since young, stands them in good stead when they start work ing and earning their own m oney. It enables them to resist the tem ptation of &buy now and pay later& s chemes.(承上总结的句子) 本部分重点及难点 6. The key to doing this is to differentiate between needs and wants. 做 到这一点的关键是区分必须的和想要的。 (1) the key to (doing) sth. (2) differentiate between A and B 和 differ from…的不同: 前者意为&区分 A 和 B&后者意为&与……不同& 注意同根词:differ A differs from B … different A is different from B difference the difference between A and B differentiate differentiate between A and B 7. Buy the necessary first, and indulge ourselves only if there is money left. (1) only if 只有在……的情况下 注 意 区 分 i f o n l y 要 是 … … 就 好 了 I f o n l y I w e r e a f r e e b i r d f l y i n g i n t h e s k y. (2) there is money left. 钱有剩余。 8. T his habit, when inculcated since young, stands them in good stead when the y start work ing and earning their own m oney. 当他 们开 始工作赚 钱,年幼时受到谆谆教诲而养成的习惯就会使他们受益。 (1) inculcate sth. in /into sb. / inculcate sb. with sth. 向某人灌输……, 用……教育某人 inculcate in young people a respect for the law = inculcate young people with a respect for the law 向年轻人反复灌输法制的思想 (2) stand sb. in good stead: be beneficial to sb. 补充:benefit-beneficial influence-influential m ys t e r y- m ys t e r i o u s m i s e r y- m i s e r a b l e 请认真答题,答题结果将记入知识点测评的成绩! 【单选题 】11. I'm willing to lend you som e m oney _______ you prom ise you will r epa y m e next week . A. otherwise B. unless C. only if D. if only 【答案】C 【解析】本题考查 only if 和 if only 的区别。only if 是条件句的强调形式,意为 & 只有在……的情况下&;if only 意为&要是……就好了&,用于虚拟语气,故选 C。 句意为&只要你承诺下周还我,我愿意借给你钱。& 【知识点】only if 和 if only 的区别 ⑥ Formation of any habit starts at a tender age (幼年). (9)There is no better way to teach children to m anage m oney than to start with their pock et m oney. T hey need to learn the im portance of budgeting right from k indergarten da ys. It is a good idea to start with dail y pocket m oney and m ove on to m onthly pock et m oney. (承上 启下的 句子) W hen children learn to spend within their m eans, the y are able to m anage their finances well la ter in their lives. 本部分重点及难点: 9. There is no better way to teach children to manage money than to s t a r t w i t h t h e i r p o c k e t m o n e y. 否定词和比较级连用相当于最高级。本句相当于: To start with their pocket m oney is the best way to teach children to m anage m oney. 再如:There is nothing better than having a cold drink on a hot summ er afternoon. I cannot agree with you more. I cannot care less. His words cannot be m ore inspiring. 请认真答题,答题结果将记入知识点测评的成绩! 【单选题】12. I benefited a lot from his words. In fact, his words _______. A. encouraged no more B. couldn't be more encouraging C. not more encouraging D. couldn't be more encouragement 【答案】B 【解析】本题考查&否定词+比较级&。本句选择 B,His words couldn't be m ore encouraging.相当于 His words were the m ost encouraging.& 他的话 太鼓舞人了。&D 选项中词性使用错误,应该用形容词 encouraging 而不是名词 encouragement 作表语。 【知识点】否定词+比较级 III. 部分练习讲解 P218 Bridging the Gap Directions: Fill in the blanks with a word or a phrase that best com pletes the passage. You m ay choose a suitable one from the list given. 解题方法:把词分类 动词 grow invest called accum ulated direct Mone y m anagem ent can actually be broken down into a very sim ple practice that even a fourth gr ader can do in his young life. T he 1 basicstep to being on your wealth path is k nowing how m uch you really do need in your life and how you can 2 invest the rest. If you ar e already work ing, arrange with your com pany to 3 directa predeterm ined am ount of your payr oll (工 资单) into a forced savings fund and then you will learn to live with the rest. 4 Ideally, the am ount that is left for you to work with is s m aller, and this partic ular pr actice is actually 5 called&learning to pa y yourself first& - despite bills and other pa yables (其他应 付款) , you will com e first. T he beaut y of this m oney m anage m ent practice to get you on the wealth path is that you will be forced to cut your 6 wastefulspending. You will learn to live with what you have and figure out the little avenues ( 渠道) in yo ur life 7 where you can stop the financial leak s. W ith this, you will find that you have extra m oney to invest with. 8 Now that you have a sizeable am ount, the next thing that you can do is to figure out where to put the extras that have 9 accum ulatedover tim e so you can gener ate m oney and m ak e it 10 growwith ver y little eff ort from you. T here are m any things you can find to put your m oney in. I. New words and expressions New words 形容词 basic wasteful direct 连词 now that 副词 ideally where 1. root n. 根源;起因 2. evil n. 邪恶;罪恶;恶行 3. greedy adj. 贪婪的;贪心的 greed 4. financially adv. 经济上 finance fincancial CFO (chief financial officer) 联想:CEO (chief executive officer) UFO (unidentified flying object) 5. readily adj. 快捷地;轻而易举地;便利地 6. available adj. 可获得的;可购得的;可找到的 be available to sb. availability 7. abundant adj. 大量的;丰盛的;充裕的 be abundant in sth. abundance 8. universe n. 宇宙;天地万物;万象 9. scared adj. 害怕的;恐惧的;畏惧的;担心的 10. meditation n. 冥想;沉思;深思 11. donate v. (尤指向慈善机构)捐赠,赠送 12. favorite adj. 最喜爱的 13. charity n. 慈善机构(或组织) 14. abundance n. 大量;丰盛;充裕 15. opposite n. 对立的人(或物);对立面;反面 16. subconscious n. 潜意识 17. originally adv. 原来;起初 origin original 18. stimulate v. 促进;激发;激励 stimulant stimulating 19. econom y n. 经济;经济情况;经济结构 economic economic development / growth / policies economical an economical person economics economist econom ize / econom ise econom ize on sth. economically 20. versus prep. (表示两队或双方对阵)对,诉,对抗 21. whereby conj. 凭此;藉以;由于 22. label v. (尤指不公正地)把…称为 2 3 . j o yf u l l y a d v . 快 乐 地 24. balance n. 均衡;平衡;均势 balanced imbalanced 25. mindset n. 观念模式;思维倾向 Phrases and Expressions 1. deep down 实际上;在心底 2. open up (使某事物)成为可能,可得到,可达到 II. Text Learning The Im portance of Money in Life 1 W hat were you taught about m one y as you were growing up? Something like &money doesn't grow on trees&, or &money is the root of all evil&, or m aybe &all rich people are gr eedy&? 2 W ell, how do you expect to becom e a success financiall y if you believe these things? You attract into your life what you are think ing about and what you believe. If you think there is not enough m oney in this wor ld for ever yone you will never have enough m oney. T hat is called the Law of Attraction(吸引法则). 3 First of all, believing that &money doesn't grow on trees& is an exam ple of what's called lack or scarcity programm ing. Our parents taught us that there was never enough money to go around (分配), and that it was not readily available or a bundant. But in truth, the universe is very abundant, and there is lots of money to go around for ever yone. Just think what you could do if you have as m uch m oney as your heart desires W hat wonderful things you could do with it: travel to t h e c o u n t r i e s y o u h a v e a l w a ys d r e a m t o f , b u y a h o u s e y o u a r e e v e n scared to think about, attend m editation classes so you could spiritually grow, donate m oney to your favorite char ity, spend m ore qualit y tim e(黄金时光 ) with your fam ily, (1)and the list goes on. 4 T he k ey is to start think ing that you deserve the m oney and that there is lots of it available for you, and then you can start attr acting it into your life. T hat's abundance think ing (充 裕 想法), which is the opposite o f l a c k o r s c a r c i t y t h i n k i n g . ( 2 )W h e n y o u s t a r t t h i n k i n g a b o u t t h e abundance the Law of Attraction will do the rest. (承上启下句)You do not need to k now how it is going to happen. Just m ak e the first step, first thought. Starting is already winning. 5 And what about thinking that &m oney is the root of all evil&? Can y ou r e a l l y e x p e c t t o b e c o m e a s u c c e s s i f yo u b e l i e v e t h a t m o n e y i s t h e r o o t of all evil? (3)Unless you have a desire to be an evil person, your s u b c o n s c i o u s w i l l n o t l e t y o u h a v e m o n e y i f yo u b e l i e v e d e e p d o w n t h a t it is the root of all evil. 6 B y the wa y, that quote is tak en out of context in the first plac e. It was originally stated as &the love of money is the root of all evil&. (4)So it has nothing to do with the m oney itself. (承上句) 本部分重点及难点: 1. … the list goes on. 相当于 there are many other thing that can b e put on the list.意为&还有很 多其它的事情(你可以做)& 2. W hen you start think ing about the abundance the Law of Attr action will do the rest.你开始想着充裕原则的时候,吸引力法则负责剩余的事情。即 Once you start think ing about the abundance, the Law of Attraction will work with the rest. 3. Unless you have a desire to be an evil person, your subconscious will not let you have m oney if you believe deep down that it is the root of all evil. 如果你从心底认同金钱是万恶之源,那么除非你想当个恶人,否则, 你的潜意识就不会让你有钱。 deep down: in reality, in spite of appearanc es 实际上 ,在心 底 She seem s indiff erent, but deep down she is very pleased. 她看上去无动 于衷,其实心里非常高兴。 4. So it has nothing to do with the money itself. 因此它和钱本身无关。 have nothing / som ething / a little / little / m uch to do sth. 7 Now that you under stand that, you can start to think that m oney is in fact good. You can help people with m oney. You can stim ulate the econom y with m oney. Even the m ost k ind -hearted spiritual person, who s a ys t h e y d o n ' t n e e d m o n e y, c a n d o m o r e t o m a k e t h e w o r l d a b e t t e r place with m oney than without it. 8 And what about thin k ing that &all r ich people are greed y&? W ell, that creates us versus them , whereb y you have labeled all of &them & greed y in your m ind. You, on the other hand, are ver y giving in your m ind. T hat's wh y you don' t have m oney, because you're not greed y. 9 Sur e, there m ust be som e rich people in the wor ld who are greedy. But there are also poor people who are greedy. T here are both rich and poor people who are ver y giving as well. The am ount of m oney you have has nothing to do with these character traits. 10 In f act, a lot of rich people got there b y not being greed y. Having a giving attitude opens up a flow of money that often brings them more. Y o u w i l l f i n d t h e s a m e t h i n g : g i v e a w a y m o n e y j o yf u l l y t o a f r i e n d , a n d notice that it com es back to you in som e other f orm . (5)T he world n e e d s t o b e a b a l a n c e o f g i v e a n d t a k e , a n d b e i n g j o yf u l b o t h a s y o u give and receive will ensure that you alwa ys go with the flow. 11 (6)And changing your m indset from what you were taught as a child to a healthier view of m oney will all ow you to becom e the financial s u c c e s s yo u d e s e r v e t o b e , t o b e c o m e t h e r e a l y o u . 本部分重点及难点: 5 . T h e w o r l d n e e d s t o b e a b a l a n c e o f g i v e a n d t a k e , a n d b e i n g j o yf u l both as you give and receive will ensur e that you always go with the flow. 在这世上,给予和接受是需要相互平衡的, 只有乐于接受,同时也乐于给 予,才能保证你永远不会为钱发愁。 and 连接的 并列句 ,and 后的句 子的主 干是 being joyful will ensure that you alwa ys go with the flow 6. And changing your m indset from what you were taught as a child to a healthier view of m oney will allow you to becom e the financial s uccess you deser ve to be, to becom e the real you. 改变你儿 时所学 到的观 念模式, 树立一个更健康的金钱观,这会让你获得你本应得到的经济上的成功,做一个真 实的自己。 (1) 句子的主 干是: And changing your m indset will allow you to becom e the financial success, to become the real you. (2) from what you wer e taught as a child to a healthier view of mone y 作 定语,修 饰 your m inds et 。 (3) you deser ve to be 作定语, 是省略 了引导 词 that 的定 语从句 ,先 行词是 the financial success2013 年自考“英语(二)”备考资料(新版教材 unit 7) Unit 7 Inner Voice I. New words and expressions New words 1. inner adj. 内心的;隐藏的 2. precisely adv. 准确地;恰好地 precise precision 联想:accurate, accuracy 比较:s im ply, possibl y, subtl y, truly / def initel y, rar el y, fortunatel y, lik ely / luck ily, heavily 3. bombard v. 大肆抨击;连珠炮似地质问;提供过多信息, 4. dreaded adj. 令人害怕的;可怕的 5. small talk n. 寒喧; 闲谈;聊天 6. hesitation n. 犹豫 hesitate hesitant hesitancy / hesitation 7. wonder v. 想知道;想弄明白;琢磨 n. 奇迹 wonder wh-… do / work wonders / m iracles 8. prompt v. 促使;导致;激起 9. complete adj. (用以强调)完全的,彻底的 10. upset adj. 难过的;不高兴的;沮丧的 11. roll v. (使)翻滚,滚动 12. despite prep. 即使;尽管 despite / in spite of that fact that … 13. feeble adj. 无效的;无力的 14. attempt n./ v. 企图;试图;尝试 attempted 15. wipe v.(用布、手等)擦干净,抹掉 16. profusely adv. 大量地;连连地 17. address v. 写(收信人)姓名地址;致函 18. receptionist n. 接待员 19. attach v. 把…固定,把…附(在…上) attach … to… attached 依恋的;附加的;附属的 attachment 依恋;附件 20. emotion n. 强烈的感情;情感;情绪 emotional emotionless 21. contain v. 控制,克制,抑制(感情) 22. apparently adv. 据…所知;看来;显然 23. overwhelming adj. 巨大的;压倒性的;无法抗拒的 overwhelm ing problems an overwhelm ed person 联想:surprised / surprising excited / exciting am azed / am azing disappointed / disappointing frightened / frighting 注意: excited e yes / expressions / look s 24. scream v. 高声喊,大声叫 Phrases and Expressions 1. be lost in one's thought 陷入沉思 2. break down 失败 3. com e up with 找到(答案等);想出 4. drop…off (顺路)把…放下 5. take one's own life 自杀 6. in desperation 在绝望中;走投无路 7. care about sb. 关心;关怀 8. take a chance 冒险 9. m ak e a difference 有作用;产生影响 II. Text Learning Your Inner Voice ① (1)My da y started j ust lik e all the other days for the past 15 years where I get up, m ak e som e coffee, shower, get dressed and leave for the train station at precisely 7:35 A.M. to arrive at work by 8:30. W hile on the train I would always choose a seat away from the crowd so I can read the newspaper in peace and quiet. (2)A t work I am alwa ys being bom barded with questions from coworkers, suppliers, telephone and then those dreaded meetings, so the last thing I need is some stranger to sit beside m e and m ak e small talk . 本部分重点及难点: 1. M y day started just lik e all the other da ys for the past 15 year s where I get up, m ak e som e coffee, shower, get dressed and leave for the train station at precisely 7:35 A.M. to arrive at work by 8:30. ( 1 ) w h e r e 引 导 定 语 从 句 , 先 行 词 为 d a ys 。 (2) m ak e coffee 冲咖啡,煮咖啡 (3) get dressed 穿好衣服 (4) leave for 动身去…… 2. At work I am alwa ys being bom barded with questions from coworkers, suppliers, telephone and then those dreaded meetings, so the last thing I need is som e stranger to s it beside m e and m ak e sm all talk. 工作中,我要无休止地应对同事、供应商提出的各种问题,电话总是响个不 停,还有那些令人恐惧的会议,所以我最不想做的事就是和坐在身边的陌生人闲 聊。 (1) bom bard sb. with questions 不断向某人提问 (2) the last thing… 最不想……的事情 He is the last person I want to work with. Lying is the last thing he'll do. 请认真答题,答题结果将记入知识点测评的成绩! 【单选题】13. He is the person I dislik e m ost. In other words, he is _______ I will like. A. the last person B. the worst person C. the first person D. the least person 【答案】A 【解析】本题考查&习惯用法 the last person / thing …&。the last person / thing…意为&最不……的人/物&。the last person I will like 相当于 the person I dislike most,意为&我最不喜欢的人,我最讨厌的人 &。 【知识点】习惯用法 the last person / thing … ② I don't know wh y but for som e reason when I got on the train toda y it was unusually full, something I don't recall ever happening in the past. W ith hesitation I sat down in the only seat available beside a m iddle aged man that had his head down and seemed to be lost in his thoughts. I was glad that he didn't notice when I sat next to him as he just continued to look down towards the floor. ③ (3)Shortly after the train left for m y 30 -minute ride downtown I found m ys e l f w o n d e r i n g w h a t t h i s m a n w a s t h i n k i n g a b o u t . W h a t c o u l d b e s o important that he didn't even see me sit next to him? I tried to forget about it and started to read m y paper. (4)However, for som e strange reason this inner voice kept prompting me to talk to t his man. (5)I tried to ignore the voice as there was no way I was starting a conversation with a complete stranger.(承上句) 本部分重点及难点: 3. Shortly after the train left for m y 30 -m inute ride downtown I found m ys e l f w o n d e r i n g w h a t t h i s m a n w a s t h i n k i n g a b o u t . find 在这里接现在分词短语作宾补,还可接过去分词作宾补。例如: W hen he cam e to, he found him self lying in hospital. T he m an found himself surrounded b y half a dozen bo ys. 4. However, for some strange reason this inner voice kept prompting me to talk to this man. (1) keep doing sth. (2) prompt sb. to do sth. 促使某人做某事,督促某人做某事 5. I tried to ignore the voice as there was no wa y I was starting a conversation with a com plete stranger. (1) ignore:pay no attention to … on purpose (2) there is no wa y … 没有办法…… ④ (6)As you probabl y guessed I e ventuall y brok e down and cam e up with an excuse to ask him a question. W hen he raised his head and turned his eyes towar ds m e I could see that he m ust have been r eally upset as he had red eyes and still had some tears rolling down the side of his face desp ite his feeble attem pt to wipe them awa y. (7) I c an't describe the sadness I felt seeing someone in so much pain. ⑤ W e talk ed for about 20 m inutes and in the end he seem ed to be doing better. (8)As we were leaving the train he thanked m e profusely for being an angel by taking the time to talk. (9)I never did find out what was m ak ing his heart so heav y with pain but was glad I listened to the voice that day. ⑥ Several weeks had passed when I noticed an envelope on m y desk after returning from lunch. It was not addr essed to an yone and onl y had the word angel written on it. (10)M y receptionist attached a note saying a gentlem an dropped it off saying he did not k now m y nam e but had described m e well enough that the receptionist knew it was for m e. W hen I read the note inside the envelope I was so filled with emotions t h a t I c o u l d n ' t c o n t a i n m ys e l f . I t w a s a l e t t e r f r o m t h e m a n I m e t o n t h e train thank ing m e again for talk ing to him and saving his life that da y. (承上句) ⑦ Apparentl y he had som e very hurtful personal problem s that were so over whelm ing that he was planning to tak e his life that da y. In his letter he went on to expl ain that he was a religious person and in desperation scream ed out to God that if God reall y cared about him he would send som eone to prevent him from tak ing his life. In his e yes I was that som eone, that Angel sent b y God. (承上句) 本部分重点及难点: 6. As you probabl y guessed I eventuall y brok e down and cam e up with an excuse to ask him a question. (1) break down 出故障;分解;失败;垮掉 (2) come up with 提出;想出 区分:com e down with 病倒,染上 7. I can't describe the sadness I felt seeing someone in so much pain. seeing someone in so m uch pain 作状语,表示原因。这句话相当于 Seeing someone in so much pain I felt very sad, and I couldn't describe the sadness. 8. As we were leaving the train he thanked m e profusely for being an angel by taking the time to talk. (1) thank sb. for (doing) sth. (2) by taking the time to talk 作状语修饰 being an angel。 9. I never did find out what was m ak ing his heart so heav y with pain but was glad I listened to the voice that day. heavy with pain 中 with 表示原因,类似的短语还有: be wet with sweat be breathless / out of breath with excitement shake with laughter trem ble with cold / anger 10. M y receptionist attached a note sa ying a gentlem an dropped it off saying he did not k now m y nam e but had described m e well enough that the receptionist knew it was for me. 本句的主 干是 My r eceptionist attached a note.。 sa ying… 作定语 修 饰 a note,a gentleman dropped it off but had described me well enough that the receptionist knew it was for m e 作 saying 的 宾语, but 后省 略了主 语 a gentlem an。saying he didn't k now m y nam e 作定语修饰 a gentlem an。but 后面的内容,其中 well enough that… 相当于 so well that…。 本句话的译文为&我的接待员在信封上贴了一张便条,上面写道:这封信是一个绅 士留下的,他说他不知道我的名字,但从他细致的描述可知他所说的人是我。 & ⑧ ( 1 1 ) N o t b e i n g a r e l i g i o u s p e r s o n m ys e l f I d o n ' t k n o w w h a t t h a t v o i c e was that m ade m e take a chance and talk to a stranger but I do k now that it m ade a difference in som eone's life that da y. So the next tim e you feel pr om pted for no appar ent reason to talk to a friend, relative, neighbor or even a com plete stranger please rem em ber m y stor y, you just m ay m ak e a difference in som eone's life when you listen to your inner voice. 本部分重点及难点: 1 1 . N o t b e i n g a r e l i g i o u s p e r s o n m ys e l f I d o n ' t k n o w w h a t t h a t v o i c e was that m ade m e take a chance and talk to a stranger but I do k now that it m ade a difference in som eone's life that da y. 句子的主干是 I don't know what that voice was but I do know that that it m ade a difference in som eone's life that day. ( 1 ) n o t b e i n g a r e l i g i o u s p e r s o n m ys e l f 是 现 在 分 词 短 语 作 状 语 , 表 示 原 因 。 这里要注意的是非谓语动词的否定形式,要在前面加 not,现分的完成形式是 not having done sth.,而不是 having not done sth.。例如: Not having finished his hom ework in tim e, he was criticized b y the teacher. (2) what that voice was that made me take a chance and talk to a stranger 作 know 的宾语从句。切记宾语从句要用陈述句语序。再如: Can you tell m e where he com es from ? T ell m e what's wrong / the m atter / the trouble with you and m aybe I can help you. (3) take a chance 冒险一试,尝试一下 (4) that made me take a chance and talk to a stranger 是定语从句,先行 词是 the voice,意为&让我冒险一试和陌生人说话的声音&。 (5) m ak e a difference 有影响,有关系,有重要性 请认真答题,答题结果将记入知识点测评的成绩! 【单选题】14. _______, he didn't get a high score in the final exam. A. Not to work hard B. To not work hard C. Having not worked hard D. Not having worked hard 【答案】D 【解析】本题考查非谓语动词的否定形式。非谓语动词的否定形式要在前面加 not,首先排除 B 和 C。不定式表示动作还没有发生,故不能选 A。现分的完成形 式是 not having done sth.,而不是 having not done sth.,故选择 D。 【知识点】非谓语动词的否定形式 III. 部分练习讲解 P236 Bridging the Gap Directions: Fill in the blanks with a word or a phrase that best com pletes the passage. You m ay choose a suitable one from the list given. 解题方法:把词分类 动词 interact view end up choose Our words have power, and our speech has the power to set the energ y or the directions we 1 choosein our lives. If we say good and positive things, good and positive things (experiences) happen to us. These words give us the 2 opportunit yto exper ience life from a positive or optim istic point of 3 view, on the other hand, we com e from negativit y and sa y negative things, 4 accordinglynegative things happen to us or we 5 end upseeing life as one big problem or disappointment. W hile we are all fam iliar with our external speech or voice, we also have another voice that we work with and 6 interactwith ever y day. T his 名词 night view opportunity 形容词 whose nonstop 副词 accordingly nonstop 代词 what is our &inner voice&. W hile at first glance you m ay think: &what is inner voice?& But when you com e right down to it, we are all f am iliar with our inner voice. Our inner voice is that small utterance that comes from deep within us, 7 whosejob it is to provide us with guidance. This is a different k ind of comm unication than 8 whatcom es from our norm al wak ing consciousnes s, which I cal l our &anal yzer &. W hen our anal yzer is talk ing, the comm unication we receive tends to seem m ore like a 9 nonstopconversation that goes on inside our heads all day and som etim es well into the 10 night . I. New words and expressions New words 1. inherit v. 继承(金钱、财物等) inherit sth. from sb. inheritance 2. pleasing adj. 令人高兴的;令人满意的 3. squander v. 浪费,挥霍(金钱、时间等) 4. modest adj. 些许的;不太大的 5. fortune n. 大笔的钱;巨款;运气;命运 tell one's fortune fortunate misfortune unfortunate unfortunately 6. sable n. 貂皮 7. radiate v. (使品质或感)显出,流露 8. sourness n. 阴郁;没好气;乖张的脾气 9. namely adv. 即;也就是 10. expression n. 表情;神色 11. wear v. 流露;面带 12. hit n. 受欢迎的人(或事物) 13. glum adj. 忧郁的;闷闷不乐的 14. veterinarian n. 兽医 15. inoculate v. (给…)接种,打预防针 16. kitten n. 小猫 kitty / kitten -- cat piglet -- pig duckling - duck puppy - dog calf - cow pony - horse lamb - sheep c ygnet - s wan bunny -- rabbit 17. distraught adj. 心烦意乱的;心急如焚的 18. characteristic adj. 典型的;独特的;特有的 n. 特征,特点 be characteristic of sb./sth. 区分:Chinese characteristics / Chinese characters 19. reception n. 接待处 20. boredom n. 厌烦;厌倦;无聊 bore bored boring 21. tension n. (情绪上的)紧张,烦躁 tense 22. convert v. (使)转变,转换,转化 conversion 23. paste v. 粘贴;粘合 24. messenger n. 邮递员;信使 25. goodwill n. 友善;友好;善意 26. brighten v. (使)快活起来 bright -en 常见的动词前缀、后缀。如: enable, enrich, endanger, enlarge 等。(请结合 Unit 1,Text B) broaden, widen, lengthen, strengthen, shorten, deepen, weaken 联想: long-length-lengthen deep-depth-deepen strong-strength-strengthen wide-width-widen broad-breadth-broaden high-height-heighten weak -weakness-weaken short-shortness-shorten 27. frown v. 皱眉;蹙额 28. scowl v. 怒视(某人或某事) Phrases and Expressions 1. m ak e a hit 给(某人)留下很好的第一印象;使(某人)一见钟情 2. jump out of one's skin 欢喜雀跃;兴高采烈 3. as luck would have it 碰巧;偶然;幸而 4. be characteristic of 典型的;独特的;特有的 5. strike up (和某人)建立友谊,开始来往,交谈起来 6. join in 参加,加入(活动) 7. convert …into (使)转变,转换,转化 II. Text Learning Make a Good First Impression 1 At a dinner party in New York, one of the guests, a woman who had inherited m oney, was eager to m ak e a pleasing im pression on ever yone. She had squandered a m odest fortune on sables, diam onds and pear ls. (1)But she hadn't done an ything whatsoever about her face. (承上启下句)It radiated sourness and selfishness. (2)She didn't realize what ever yone k nows: nam ely, the expression one wears on one's face is far more important than the clothes one wears on one's back. 2 ( 3 ) A c t i o n s s p e a k l o u d e r t h a n w o r d s , a n d a s m i l e s a ys , & I l i k e y o u . You m ak e m e happy. I am glad to see you.& T hat is wh y dogs m ak e such a hit. They are s o glad to see us that the y alm ost jum p out of their sk ins. So, naturally, we are glad to see them . (承上总结句) 本部分重点及难点: 1. whatsoever(也作 whatever)adv. 用在 no+名词、nothing、none 等之 后,以加强语气。 如:There can be no doubt whatever about it. 这件事毫无疑问。 -Are there any s igns of im provem ent? -None whatsoever. & 有改进的迹 象吗?&&一点儿都没有。& 2. She didn't realize what ever yone k nows: nam ely, the expression one wears on one's face is far m ore im portant than the clothes one wears on one's back. wear:have (a certain look) on one's face 流露(某种神态) He face wore a puzzled frown. 他皱着眉显出不悦的样子。 The house wore a neglected look. 这所房子像是无人照管的样子。 wear: 穿戴,佩带,蓄,留 wear a beard / coat / hat / ring / watch She never wears green. She wears her hair long ./ She wea rs long hair. 这句话的意思是&她不知道所有人都知道的道理,那就是:一个人脸上的表情比 身上的衣服重要多了。& 3. Actions speak louder than words, and… 事实胜于雄辩;行动胜于空谈;行动比言语更有说服力;百说不如一干。 3 A bab y's sm ile has the sam e effect. 4 Have you ever been in a doctor's waiting room and look ed around at all the glum faces waiting im patiently to be seen? (4)Dr. Stephen K. Sproul, a veter inarian in R aytown, Missouri, told of a t ypical spr ing day when his waiting room was full of clients waiting to have their pets inoculated. N o one was talk ing to anyone else, and all wer e probably thinking of a dozen other things the y would rather be doing than &wasting tim e& sitting in that office. He told one of our classes: 本部分重点及难点: 4. Dr. Stephen K. Spr oul, a veterinarian in Raytown, Missouri, told of a typical spr ing da y when his waiting room was full of clients waiting to have their pets inoculated. (1) tell of 讲述,讲到 (2) have their pets inoculated 给狗接种,给狗打预防针 have sth. done He will have one's hair cut / d yed tom orrow. He had his face cut while shaving. He will have all the dishes cleared away while working as a waiter in that restaurant. 请认真答题,答题结果将记入知识点测评的成绩! 【单选题】15. His car was seriously damaged in the accident and he'll have to _______ tomorrow. A. have it repairing B. have it been repaired C. have it repaired D. have it being repaired 【答案】C 【解析】本题考查 have sth. done。have sth. done 意思是&请人做某事&, have one's car repaired 意为&请人修车&,故选 C。 【知识点】have sth. done 5 &T here wer e six or seven clients waiting when a young wom an cam e in with a nine-m onth-old bab y and a kitten. (5)As luck would have it, she sat down next to a gentlem an who was m ore than a little distraught about the long wait for service. The next thing he knew, the bab y just looked up at him with that great big sm ile that is so characteristic of babies. W hat did that gent lem an do? Just what you and I would do, he sm iled bac k at the baby. Soon he struck up a conversation with the woman about her baby and his grandchildren, and soon the entire reception room joined in, and the boredom and tension were converted into a pleasant and enjoyable ex perience.& 6 (6)T he ancient C hinese were a wise lot - wise in th and they had a proverb that you and I ought to cut out and paste inside our hats. It goes lik e this, &A m an without a sm iling face m ust not open a shop.& 7 Your sm ile is a m essenger of your goodw ill. (主 题句) Your sm ile brightens the lives of all who see it. To som eone who has seen a dozen people frown, scowl or turn their faces away, your sm ile is lik e the sun breaking through the clouds. Especiall y when that someone is under pressure from his bosses, his custom ers, his teachers or parents or children, a smile can help him realize that all is not hopeless - that there is joy in the world. 本部分重点及难点: 5. As luck would have it, she sat down next to a ge ntlem an who was more than a little distraught about the long wait for service. as luck would have it 碰巧;真幸运;幸而 more than a little distraught: ver y upset and anxious 6. T he ancient Chines e were a wise lot - wise in the ways of the world (人情世 故); and they had a proverb that you and I ought to cut out and paste inside our hats. (1) lot: (同类人或物的)组,批,群 Nobody in the first lot of applicants was suitable for the job. (2) ways of the wor ld 人情世故 (3) cut out and paste inside our hats2013 年自考“英语(二)”备考资料(新版教材 unit 8) Unit 8 The Great Minds The Great Minds 名人名言部分补充 m ak e A of B A famous quote A pessim ist m ak es difficulties
an optim ist mak es opportunities of his difficulties. ----Harry S. Trum an 悲观者让机会沦为困难;乐观者把困难铸成机会。 ----杜鲁门 m ak e A of B m ak e a success of one's career m ak e a m usician of the little boy The father exposed his son to m usic when he was still a little child becaused he wanted to m ak e a m usician of him . expose sb. / oneself to sth. Don't expose yourself to the strong sunlight, o r you will get sunburnt. 联想:sunburnt / suntanned gain exposure to sth. m ak e a footballer of Tom m ak e a m ess of the account I. New words and expressions New words 1. wrap v. 用…缠绕(或围紧) 2. scenario n. 设想;方案;预测 3. explanation n. 解释;说明 explain explanatory 4. uneventful adj. 平淡无奇的;平凡的;缺乏刺激的 5. pregnancy n. 怀孕;妊娠;孕期 6. imperfect adj. 有缺陷的;不完全的;不完美的 perfect perfection 联想:impossible, impolite, imbalanced, immobile, immature (注意: unbiased, unmoving) 7. abnormal adj. 不正常的;反常的;变态的;畸形的 normal 联想: typical-at ypic al s ym m e t r y- a s ym m e t r y s ym m e t r i c a l - a s ym m e t r i c a l 8. massive adj. 巨大的;非常严重的 9. disability n.(某种)缺陷,障碍 able ability unable 10. limbless adj. 无四肢的 11. inspire v. 激励;鼓舞(用法参考 Unit 5, Text A) inspiration (形近词参考 Unit 4,Text A) inspiring 12. adapt v. 适应(新情况) adapt oneself to sth. 13. accomplish v. 完成 14. limb n. 肢;臂;腿 15. campaign 运动(为社会、商业或政治目的而进行的一系列有计划的活动) 16. fulfill v. 实现;履行 fulfill one's dream / word / requirement fulfilling 使人满足的,令人愉快的 fulfillment 履行;满足;成就 17. motivational adj. 鼓舞的 18. circumstance n. 命运;客观环境 19. wholeheartedly adv. 全心全意地 20. effective adj. 产生预期结果的;有效的 比较:efficient ineffective, inefficient 21. altitude n. 海拔;海拔高度 altitude sickness 区分:attitude 22. engagement n. 约定;约会;预约 23. congregation n. (教堂的)会众 24. audience n. 观众;听众 25. vision n. 想象力;眼力;远见卓识 26. outreach n. 外展服务 27. perspective n. 态度;观点;思考方法 28. cease v. (使)停止,终止,结束 29. obstacle n. 障碍;阻碍;绊脚石 30. illustrate v. (用示例、图画等)说明,解释 31. profound adj. 巨大的;深切的;深远的 32. persistence n. 坚持;锲而不舍 persist (in) persistent 33. paralyze v. 使瘫痪;使麻痹 34. oftentimes adv. 常常 35. trick n. 戏法;把戏 trick y 36. blend n. (不同事物的)和谐结合,融合 37. perseverance n. 毅力;韧性;不屈不挠的精神(偶见 perseverence,但 很少使用) persevere perseverant (偶见 perseverent,但很少使用) 38. define v. 阐明;明确;界定 definition definite 明确的,确定的 39. incredible adj. 不能相信的;难以置信的 unbelievable 40. captivate v. 迷住;使着迷 Phrases and Expressions 1. a walk of life 行业;职业;地位;阶层 line of work 2. major in 主修 3. stress the importance of 强调…的重要性 4. at one's disposal 任某人处理;供某人任意使用 5. poke fun at 拿…开心;奚落;嘲笑 6. show off 炫耀;卖弄 II. Text Learning Life W ithout Limits ① Im agine being born without arm s. No arms to wrap around som eone, no hands to experience touch, or to hold another hand with. Or what about being born without legs? Having no abilit y to dance, walk, run, or even stand on two feet. Now put both of those scenarios (设想) together: no arm s and no legs. W hat would you do? H ow would that e f f e c t yo u r e v e r y d a y l i f e ? ② Born in 1982 in Melbourne, Australia, without any medical explanation or warning, Nicholas Vujicic cam e into the world with neither arms nor legs. (1)Having had an uneventful pregnancy and no fam ily history to expect this condition, im agine the shock his parents felt when they saw their first born, brand new baby bo y, onl y to find he was what the world would consider im per fect and abnorm al. How would their son live a normal happy life? W hat could he ever do or become when living with what the world would see as such a m assive disabilit y (严重残 疾)? (2)Little did the y or an yone k now that this beautiful limbless baby would one day be someone who would inspire and m otivate people from all walk s of life, touching lives all over the world. 本部分重点及难点: 1. Having had an uneventful(平凡的)pregnancy and no family history to expect this condition, imagine the shock his parents felt when they saw their first born, brand new bab y boy, onl y to find he was what the world would consider imperfect and abnormal. (1) 悬垂分词。建议换成:Having had an uneventful pregnancy and no fam ily history to expect this condition, his parents felt great shock when the y saw … . C an you im agine the shock ? 以下是可以接受的悬垂分词形式: Strictly speaking, nobody is allowed in here. Judging from his accent, he m ust be from the South. 经常这样 用的分 词 (分词 词组)有:frank ly (broadl y, generall y, strictly…) s p e a k i n g , j u d g i n g f r o m / b y… , t a l k i n g a b o u t … , s p e a k i n g o f … 等 。 某些句子中作状语的分词的逻辑主语虽然不是句子的主语,但可能是句中的另外 某一成分,对这样的句子也可以不认为是&悬垂分词&。课文中的这个句子属于这种 情况。再如: Seeing her health s ink ing rapidl y, alarm clutched the father's heart. 她 父亲看到她健康迅速恶化,很是惊慌。 切记:该结构应慎用。 (2) onl y to find… 不定 式表示结 果。不 定式表 结果时通 常前面 需要 加 onl y,表示 出乎意料的不希望看到的结果。例如: They rushed to the cinema, only to find the tickets left at home. They hurried back home, only to find the door locked. T hey went to the hos pital without an y delay, onl y to be told their beloved gr andpa had already passed awa y. (3) what the world would consider 作插入语 (4) 译文:在经历了一段平静无事的孕期,而且没有任何家族病史预示的情况下, 我们可以想象得到当时他的父母看到这个刚出生的小男孩时会是多么地震惊,只 知道他就是世人所说的缺陷和不正常。 2. Little did the y or anyone k now that this beautiful lim bless baby would one day be someone who would inspire and motivate people from all walks of life, touching lives all over the world. (1) 否定词放 在句首 句子 倒装, 如 rarel y, seldom , in no case, b y no m eans, little, hardly 等。 (2) who would inspire and m otivate people from all walk s of life 定语从 句,先行词是 someone。 (3) touching lives all over the world 现在分词作状语,修饰 inspire and motivate people。 (4) 译文:当时他们不知道而且也没有任何一个人知道,这个漂亮的无手足的小男 孩有一天会启发激励社会各阶层的人,并且感动全世界的人们。 请认真答题,答题结果将记入知识点测评的成绩! 【单选题】16. He returned to work after recover y from his illness, _______ another em plo yee had tak en his place. A. only to tell B. only to be told C. only to be telling D. to be told 【答案】B 【解析】本题考查不定式表示结果。不定式表结果时通常前面需要加 onl y,表示 出乎意料的不希望看到的结果。本句的意思是 &他生病痊愈返回了工作岗位,结果 却被告知另一个雇员接替了他的岗位 &,故选 B。 【知识点】不定式表示结果 ③ As Nick grew up he learned to deal with his disability and started to be able to do m ore and m ore things on his own. He ad apted to his situation and found w ays to accom plish tas ks that m ost people c ould only do by using their limbs, such as cleaning teeth, brushing hair, typing on a com puter, swimm ing, pla ying s ports, and m uch m ore. As tim e went b y, N ick began to em brace his situation and achieve greater things.(承上启下句) In grade seven Nick was elected captain of his school and worked with the student council (学生会)on various fundraising events for local charities and disability campaigns. ④ After school Nick went on with further study and obtained a double bachelor degree m ajoring in accounting and financial planning. By the age of 19, Nick started to fulfill his dream of encouraging others by sharing his story through motivational speaking (励志演讲). He found the purpose of his existence, and also the purpose of his circumstance. Nick wholeheartedly believes that there is a purpose in each of the struggles we encounter in our lives and that our attitude towards those struggles can be the single most effective factor in overcoming the m. ⑤ Now at 27 years old, this lim bless young m an has accom plished m ore than m ost people even twice his age. Nick recently m ade the m assive m ove from Brisbane, Australia to California, USA, where he is the president of an international non -profit organization(非盈利组织), a n d a l s o h a s h i s o w n m o t i v a t i o n a l s p e a k i n g c o m p a n y, A t t i t u d e I s Altitude. Since his first motivational speaking engagement (演讲)back when he was 19, Nick has traveled around the world, sharing his story with millions of people, speaking to a rang e of different groups such as students, teachers, youth, business m en and wom en, entrepreneurs, and church congregations of all sizes. People ask Nick , &How can you smile?& (3)Then they realize there's got to be something more to life than m eets the eye if a gu y without arms and legs is living a fuller life. 本部分重点及难点: 3. Then they realize there's got to be something more to life than meets the e ye if a guy without arm s and legs is living a fuller life. (1) There is something to / in sth. …… 有意义,有道理 (2) live a full life 生活充实 (3) 译文:接着他们意识到,如果一个没有四肢的人过得比普通人更充实,那么人 生的含义必定超出了我们目光所及的范畴。 ⑥ Nick shares with his audiences the importance of vision and dream ing big. Using his own experiences in worldwide outreach as examples, he challenges others to examine the ir perspective and look beyond their circum stances. (4)He shares his view of ceasing to see obstacles as problems, but instead begin to see them as opportunities to grow and reach out to others. (5)He stresses the importance of our attitude being the m ost powerful tool we have at our disposal and illustrates how the choices we m ake can have a profound effect on our lives and the lives of those around us. (6)Nick shows through his own life that the m ajor k eys in fulfilling our biggest dream s are persistence and choosing to embrace failure as a learning experience, rather than allowing the guilt and fear of failure to par al yze us. 本部分重点及难点: 4. He shares his view of ceasing to see obstacles as problems, but instead begin to see them as opportunities to grow and reach out to others. (1) cease to do sth. 停止做某事,不再做某事 (2) see…as…: look on / upon …as, view…as, regard…as (3) reach out to 伸手以抓到、触到或拿到某物 W e must reach out to those in need. 我们应该伸出援手,去帮助有困难的 人。 本句 reach out to others 意为&求助于某人& (4) 译文:他与大家一起分享停止把阻碍看作是麻烦、困难,相反,应该把它们看 作是自身成长并接触他人向他人学习的机会。 5. He stresses the importance of our attitude being the most powerful tool we have at our disposal and illustrates how the choices we m ak e can have a profound effect on our lives and the lives of those around us. (1) at our disposal 任某人处理;供某人任意使用 disposal 是 dispose 的名词形式,意为&支配,处理&。 联想:al 为名词后缀,再如:arrive-arrival, survive-survival, approveapproval, disapprove -disapproval, dism iss -dism issal, den y- denial, refuse-refusal 等。 (2) have a profound effect on sth. 对……产生深远的影响 (3) 译文:他强调态度是我们可以支配的最强大的工具,阐明了我们作出的选择如 何对我们自身乃至周围人的生活产生深远的影响。 6 . N i c k s h o w s t h r o u g h h i s o w n l i f e t h a t t h e m a j o r k e ys i n f u l f i l l i n g o u r biggest dreams are persistence and choosing to embrace failure as a learning experience, rather than allowing the g uilt and fear of failure to paralyze us. (1) through his own life 作状语,修饰 show。show 的宾语是由 that 引导的宾 语 从 句 , 宾 语 从 句 的 主 干 是 t h e m a j o r k e ys a r e p e r s i s t e n c e a n d c h o o s i n g to … , rather than allowing…。 (2) embrace failure as a learning experience 欢迎失败,把它看成是学习的 体验 (3) rather than 相当于 instead of &

我要回帖

更多关于 体育课用英语怎么说 的文章

随机推荐