Android手机或平板电脑
请输入您的手机号码,获取Kindle阅读软件的下载链接。
通知出版社:
没有Kindle设备?,或者下载免费 。
出版社: Createspace Independent Pub (日)
平装: 330页
语种: 英语
15.2 x 1.9 x 22.9 cm
Harry Middleton is born in an America staggered by a century of decline, a time of medical and technological marvels beyond the reach of most people in a shattered economy. Pessimism and despair have replaced optimism and hope. A desperate government has bet the future on space, but the lunar and Martian colonies haven?t provided the hoped-for salvation. Despite an angry, disillusioned public, the first star mission will soon be launched. Harry is a special child, smart and precocious, his only confidante an embittered grandfather. When the old man dies, Harry is lost until he meets Lorrie. At thirteen, they bond, certain they?ll escape to the stars together, but a year later, she disappears, and Harry is desolate. With help from his friend Carlos, Harry begins a quest to find her, but quickly learns how powerless he is. With the police lacking the resources to help, Harry and Carlos must depend on themselves and each other. An unlikely duo, Harry is an academic prodigy while Carlos is a stud athlete. Realizing that school and baseball are their tickets out of the morass they?re caught in, they inspire each other to greatness in both. Moving on with his life, Harry has a college sweetheart, but with Lorrie?s memory haunting him, the relationship is doomed. He gains celebrity and wealth, but the thing Harry wants most, finding and saving Lorrie from whatever fate took her from him remains beyond his reach. And always, in the background, are the deteriorating state of the country and the star missions?and of course, the Portal. The Portal is both classic hard science fiction and a novel of undying love. If An Affair to Remember, were set a hundred years from now, in an America that spent the twenty-first century squandering its greatness, it might look like The Portal.
5 星 (0%)0%4 星4 星 (0%)0%3 星3 星 (0%)0%2 星2 星 (0%)0%1 星1 星 (0%)0%与其他买家分享您的想法
Amy5.0 颗星,最多 5 颗星Five Stars -
已在美国亚马逊上发表已确认购买Beautiful story of hope, endurance, and love in future where society is crumbling.
1 个人发现此评论有用.
Kayla's Reads and Reviews4.0 颗星,最多 5 颗星Beautiful science fiction story -
已在美国亚马逊上发表I've owned The Portal for quite a long time. Even though I really wanted to read it, I put it off for a couple years. It was intimidating to me for some reason. I'm not quite sure why. In 2017, I've made it a goal of mine to catch up on some of my review books. Therefore, I decided to get over the intimidation and read it. I wish I would have read it sooner. I loved it.Most people that have read The Portal and talk about it on Goodreads classify it as a romance. It is a beautiful, heart breaking romance. However, it is so much more than a romance. I want to touch on an aspect of the book that most people don't talk about, the science fiction. I loved the science fiction aspects of this book. It was fascinating to see how the portal technology worked. I read primarily science fiction book, and this was definitely one of my favorite ones that I've read this year.There was one thing about The Portal that I didn't like. The timing wasn't explained very well, which made for some confusing moments. For example, four years pass after the attack that happens, and while reading it, it was like no time had passed at all. The only reason why I knew the time had passed was because the author had pointed it out halfway through telling that part of the story. It also took me a little bit to figure out that it had been a year after one of the characters had died (trying to be vague so I don't spoil it for anyone). If the author went back into the book, and fleshed out the time line a little better, the book would be perfect.The ending of The Portal was absolutely beautiful. It made me bawl. I hope Alan Zendell writes a sequel, or at least a novella, about what happened after the ending. I loved this book so much. I regret that it took me so long to read it because I kept putting it off. I will definitely be reading Alan Zendell's other books very soon. I recommend this book for anyone who loves sci-fi, and enjoys a little romance intertwined.Reflections of a BookWorm3.0 颗星,最多 5 颗星Great story, need more details -
已在美国亚马逊上发表The PortalBy Alan ZendellSet over one hundred years in the future in a declining society we meet a special boy, Harry who will soon leave his mark on the world. The story begins when Harry is fourteen after he loses his one friend and confidant, his grandfather, Harry spirals into a deep depression until he meets a remarkable girl that soon captures his heart.
Harry wants nothing more than to spend the rest of his life with L instead he spends the rest of his life searching for her when she disappears.Throughout the story we follow along through each of Harry's loves and losses spanning his entire life, we also follow along through his triumphs in his own personal life as he is determined to effect change in the world around him and not just be a bystander in society.
The story itself is interesting, a love story mixed with futuristic political unrest. The author does a great job of getting his point across and describing the nation and the problems the world is facing drawing you into the story even further as you begin to hope for a solution. The only real problem with this book is that if you are going to set it in the future we need more descriptive scenery you wouldn't know it was a futuristic novel if the author didn't incorporate holograms and also add in dates so that you know how much time has passed between each event in Harry's life. If you don't mind relying on your own imagination when it comes to the scenery then this is definitely worth the read. I was sent a free copy of this book for an honest review.Gamer Mom5.0 颗星,最多 5 颗星A Poignant Story That Will Tug At Your Heart -
已在美国亚马逊上发表I am a self-proclaimed helpless romantic. However, I like to write (and read) love stories that don't fit the usual mold. Alan Zendell does just that in this bittersweet sci-fi romance set in a dystopian future, where hope is almost a thing of the past.The story is told as a recollection. It begins with the narrator, the young Harry Middleton. He's a special kid of super-high intelligence, so much so that it overwhelms him at times and keeps him from relating well to his parents. His grandfather is the only one who really understands him, until Lorrie Grissom comes along. Despite being only fourteen, the two of them know that they have something very special. Even with his shaky relationship with his parents, Harry's life isn't too bad. Lorrie's, however, is quite different. Her mother, after becoming a widow, has turned to drugs and a very dangerous man.Harry's world gets turned upside down when Harry's grandfather dies. When Lorrie disappears, he thinks his life has ended. Yet, like tragedy in real life, the ones left behind have to move on or drown in grief.
Mr. Zendell handles this aspect masterfully. Harry decides to get on with his life, and though the reader (and Harry) longs for him to find Lorrie again, his decision to make positive strides starts a chain reaction that benefits everyone. He never forgets Lorrie, though, and within the pages of Harry's progression, I found myself on the edge of my seat, wondering when she'd reappear.I won't give any more away, and the only negatives of the book were that some long political and introspective passages bogged down the pace for me. By the time I reached the last few chapters, however, I couldn't read it fast enough. The climactic ending was superbly done.I'd recommend this book for adults, particularly those who enjoy sci-fi, dystopian, and your non-formulaic romance. Grab your copy today!
2 个人发现此评论有用.
查看产品详情页面完毕后,在此处了解返回您感兴趣的页面的方式。
查看产品详情页面完毕后,在此处了解返回您感兴趣的页面的方式。帖子很冷清,卤煮很失落!求安慰
手机签到经验翻倍!快来扫一扫!
颇具争议的中国四大名园之一[个园]
449浏览 / 14回复
苏州人称留园为四大名园之一,扬州人称个园为四大名园之一,其余三大名园(北京颐和园、河北避暑山庄和苏州拙政园)皆无争议,到底留园和个园谁才是四大名园之一?官方没有统一说辞,而两座城市则各有自己的依据。个园由两淮盐业商总黄至筠建于清嘉庆23年(公元1818年)。1988年个园被国务院授予第三批“全国重点文物保护单位”。个园是以竹石取胜,由于主人喜欢竹子,竹子顶部的每三片竹叶都可以形成“个”字,在白墙上的影子也是“个”字。故取名“个园”。1P &“个”字器材:&[]&&镜头:AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED [II]时间: 11:07:36.70&&快门:1/30&&光圈:F/4.8&&焦距:50毫米&&感光度:100&&2P器材:&[]&&镜头:AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED [II]时间: 10:42:54.40&&快门:1/500&&光圈:F/4.0&&焦距:27毫米&&感光度:100&&3P器材:&[]&&镜头:AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED [II]时间: 10:54:10.70&&快门:1/80&&光圈:F/10.0&&焦距:18毫米&&感光度:100&&4P器材:&[]&&镜头:AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED [II]时间: 11:13:27.10&&快门:1/5&&光圈:F/10.0&&焦距:18毫米&&感光度:200&&5P器材:&[]&&镜头:AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED [II]时间: 11:15:28.60&&快门:1/80&&光圈:F/10.0&&焦距:18毫米&&感光度:200&&6P器材:&[]&&镜头:AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED [II]时间: 11:17:02.50&&快门:1/50&&光圈:F/10.0&&焦距:18毫米&&感光度:200&&7P器材:&[]&&镜头:AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED [II]时间: 11:27:00.80&&快门:1/100&&光圈:F/8.0&&焦距:18毫米&&感光度:200&&8P器材:&[]&&镜头:AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED [II]时间: 11:40:14.50&&快门:1/100&&光圈:F/4.8&&焦距:55毫米&&感光度:200&&9P器材:&[]&&镜头:AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED [II]时间: 12:24:46.10&&快门:1/80&&光圈:F/8.0&&焦距:24毫米&&感光度:250&&10P器材:&[]&&镜头:AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED [II]时间: 11:32:23.90&&快门:1/400&&光圈:F/8.0&&焦距:200毫米&&感光度:200&&11P器材:&[]&&镜头:AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED [II]时间: 12:22:24.00&&快门:1/80&&光圈:F/5.0&&焦距:18毫米&&感光度:250&&12P器材:&[]&&镜头:AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED [II]时间: 11:30:14.60&&快门:1/200&&光圈:F/8.0&&焦距:18毫米&&感光度:200&&13P器材:&[]&&镜头:AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED [II]时间: 11:43:41.50&&快门:1/320&&光圈:F/6.3&&焦距:18毫米&&感光度:200&&14P器材:&[]&&镜头:AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED [II]时间: 12:00:09.90&&快门:1/10&&光圈:F/10.0&&焦距:18毫米&&感光度:200&&15P器材:&[]&&镜头:AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED [II]时间: 12:08:49.30&&快门:1/40&&光圈:F/10.0&&焦距:18毫米&&感光度:250&&
热门排名: 第41名
严谨的构图,学习了
对 楼主 stcsy1826 说:=========================谢谢分享
对 楼主 stcsy1826 说:=========================古朴、精致、环境优雅,片子清晰质感,支持了
对 第1楼 江南龙王 说:=========================感谢好友临帖支持!
对 第2楼 jeffwang9009 说:=========================感谢好友临帖支持!
对 第3楼 婴叟 说:=========================感谢婴版临帖点评鼓励!
漂亮的一组拍摄,支持好朋友的作品。
对 第7楼 迪歌 说:=========================感谢版主临帖支持鼓励!
对 楼主 stcsy1826 说:=========================精彩拍摄,欣赏支持。
对 第9楼 pingpinganan668 说:=========================感谢好友临帖支持!
构图精美,清晰锐利的摄影,欣赏学习了
对 第11楼 zzhshbs 说:=========================感谢好友临帖点评鼓励!
构图讲究,给人一种宁静的感受。欣赏学习
对 第13楼 美色光影 说:=========================感谢好友临帖支持鼓励!
可能感兴趣的板块:
用户名/注册邮箱/注册手机号
其他第三方号登录加载中,请稍后...
戴尔Inspiron 灵越 24 3000系列(W)
戴尔Inspiron 灵越 24 3000系列(W)
参考报价:¥
商家报价:
在售电商:
屏幕尺寸:23.8英寸
背光类型:FHD背光
CPU频率:2.5GHz
核心/线程数:双核心/四线程
内存容量:8GB
硬盘容量:1TB
显卡类型:独立显卡
显存容量:2GB
(中关村在线 重庆一体电脑行情)在商务家用应用领域,一直是分体式电脑长期主宰着整个市场,然而随着一体电脑的出现,这个格局似乎有些松动。商务用户对于电脑产品有着独特的需求。在能够满足各种功能应用的同时,家庭用户还
在这个颜值即正义的时代,不仅是选人要看脸,购个物也走上了看脸之路。一台普通的台式机和一体机,选哪个?肯定是一体机啊!why?一看外观,不就直接选出来了。确实,相比台式机,一体机在设计占据绝对的优势,首先是简洁轻便
据小编了解,近日戴尔Inspiron 灵越22 3000系列 Intel(INSPIRON B)一体电脑在中关村在线天津商家“戴尔旗舰店(天津)”特价仅售3500元,有需要的朋友欢迎联系商家!图为:戴尔Inspiron 灵越22 3000系列 Intel(INSPI
商务办公产品在用户群体中非常受重视,相比于商务笔记本,台式机产品在性能与扩展性方面都有很大的优势,那么都有哪些值得推荐的商务台式电脑呢?我今天为大家带来几款好产品。OptiPlex3050微塔式主机提供了Windows10专业版系
对于家庭用户而言,笔记本太小,台式机太累赘,一台优雅得体的一体机恐怕才是最佳选择。虽然五一促销过去了,但部分一体机的售价并没有受到太大影响。所以如果觉得错过五一促销很懊恨,那么下面这几款与五一价持平的一体机或许
IdeaPad320s是今天可以买到的最好的笔记本电脑之一。它具有革命性的设计,令人惊讶的薄和轻。将...
您好!这种情况要么是系统异常,要么主板CPU硬件问题。个人建议您要么尝试刷机试一下,要么直接送修检测...
您好!首先,肯定要打开自动旋转屏幕,其次,若是在打开某些应用程序(游戏等)的情况下出现的话,有可能是...
怎样把欧陆风云3的英文版改为中文版我买了欧陆风云3但是是英文版的我想把它改为中文版的,谁能告是我怎么...
家用一体电脑
酷睿i5一体电脑
可以选择产品进行切换哦~
戴尔Inspiron 灵越 24 5000系列 非触控屏(INSPIRON )
正在进行PK
联想致美一体机510-23(i5 6400T/8GB/1TB/2G独显)
正在进行PK
戴尔Inspiron 灵越 24 3000系列 Intel 白色(INSPIRON W)
正在进行PK
惠普Pavilion 24-g215cn(Z8F89AA)
正在进行PK
惠普22-b051cn(W2U78AA)
正在进行PK
可以选择产品进行切换哦~
戴尔Inspiron 灵越 24 5000系列 非触控屏(INSPIRON )
正在进行PK
华硕如意V230(V230ICGK-BC030X)
[23英寸显示屏]
正在进行PK
赛奥森S1(GTX960)
[厂商指导价]
正在进行PK
正在进行PK
华硕Zen AIO Pro Z220ICGK-GC042X
正在进行PK
可以选择产品进行切换哦~
联想致美一体机510S-23(i5 6200U/4GB/500GB/2G独显)
正在进行PK
正在进行PK
联想IdeaCentre AIO 300-23(i5 6200U/4GB/1TB/2G独显)
正在进行PK
正在进行PK
戴尔Vostro 成就 24 5000系列()
正在进行PK
与其他产品进行PK:
请选择产品
同价位,同品牌,同屏幕尺寸
同价位,同品牌,同光驱类型
同品牌,同屏幕尺寸
同品牌,同显卡类型
同品牌,同屏幕尺寸