用微信&&“扫一扫”
将文章分享到朋友圈。
用易信&&“扫一扫”
将文章分享到朋友圈。
历史上的今天
loftPermalink:'',
id:'fks_',
blogTitle:'第十一讲
blogAbstract:'英 汉 翻 译 12.6第十一讲& 翻译方法与技巧词汇篇(6)
省&&& 略&& 法
&试译下列句子1. It is snowing.2. Dr John resumed his experiment as soon as he came into the laboratory. 3. We took this opportunity to inform you that we are now in a position to make a prompt shipment of the merchandise.
1. It is snowing.译文一:它正在下雪。(×)',
blogTag:'',
blogUrl:'blog/static/',
isPublished:1,
istop:false,
modifyTime:0,
publishTime:6,
permalink:'blog/static/',
commentCount:0,
mainCommentCount:0,
recommendCount:0,
bsrk:-100,
publisherId:0,
recomBlogHome:false,
currentRecomBlog:false,
attachmentsFileIds:[],
groupInfo:{},
friendstatus:'none',
followstatus:'unFollow',
pubSucc:'',
visitorProvince:'',
visitorCity:'',
visitorNewUser:false,
postAddInfo:{},
mset:'000',
remindgoodnightblog:false,
isBlackVisitor:false,
isShowYodaoAd:false,
hostIntro:'',
hmcon:'0',
selfRecomBlogCount:'0',
lofter_single:''
{list a as x}
{if x.moveFrom=='wap'}
{elseif x.moveFrom=='iphone'}
{elseif x.moveFrom=='android'}
{elseif x.moveFrom=='mobile'}
${a.selfIntro|escape}{if great260}${suplement}{/if}
{list a as x}
推荐过这篇日志的人:
{list a as x}
{if !!b&&b.length>0}
他们还推荐了:
{list b as y}
转载记录:
{list d as x}
{list a as x}
{list a as x}
{list a as x}
{list a as x}
{if x_index>4}{break}{/if}
${fn2(x.publishTime,'yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss')}
{list a as x}
{if !!(blogDetail.preBlogPermalink)}
{if !!(blogDetail.nextBlogPermalink)}
{list a as x}
{if defined('newslist')&&newslist.length>0}
{list newslist as x}
{if x_index>7}{break}{/if}
{list a as x}
{var first_option =}
{list x.voteDetailList as voteToOption}
{if voteToOption==1}
{if first_option==false},{/if}&&“${b[voteToOption_index]}”&&
{if (x.role!="-1") },“我是${c[x.role]}”&&{/if}
&&&&&&&&${fn1(x.voteTime)}
{if x.userName==''}{/if}
网易公司版权所有&&
{list x.l as y}
{if defined('wl')}
{list wl as x}{/list}英语中的种种省略现象
我的图书馆
英语中的种种省略现象
在英语语言中,为了使语言简洁明了,重点突出或上下文紧密相连,可以省去某些句子成分而保持句子愿意不变,这种语言现象称之为省略。现就英语中的种种省略现象分析如下:
一、并列复合句中的省略
在并列句中后边的分句可以省略与前边分句中相同的成分。如:
1.The boy picked up a coin in the road and (the boy ) handed it to a
policeman. 这个男孩在马路上拾起一枚硬币并把他交给了警察。
2.Your advice made me happy but(your advice made) Tom angry
.你的建议使我高兴但使汤姆生气。
3.Tom must have been playing basketball and Mary (must have been)doing her
homework. 汤姆肯定一直在打篮球,玛骊一直在写作业。
4.Gao Xiumin was born in 1959 and Fu Biao (was born) in
1963.高秀敏出生于1959年,傅彪出生于1963年。
二、主从复合句中的省略
1.状语从句中的省略
一般说来省略现象多出现在下列五种状语从句中:由when,while,as,before,after,till,until,once等引导的时间状语从句;由whether,if,unless等引导的条件状语从句;由though,although,even
if,whatever等引导的让步状语从句;由as,than等引导的比较状语从句;由as,as if,as
though等引导的方式状语从句。上述状语从句在省略时,并非任何成分都可以省略而是遵循下面原则:(1)当状语从句的主语与主句的主语一致时,可以省略状语从句的主语和系动词be
,这时从句中可出现如下结构:①连词(as,as if,once)+名词,如:Once (he was)a worker ,Pang Long now
becomes a famous singer .庞龙曾经是个工人,现在变成一位著名的歌手。②连词( though, whether ,
when)+形容词如:Work hard when (you are) young ,or you'll
regret.趁年轻要努力学习,要不然你会后悔的。③连词(whether, as if ,while )+介词短语 如:He looked everywhere
as if (he was)in search of something .他到处看似乎在找什么东西。④连词(when , while , though )+
现在分词 如:While (he was) holding talks with President Hu Jintao ,US President
George W. Bush thanked China for its important role in the Six-Party
Talks.美国总统布什在与胡锦涛主席会谈时,感谢中国在六方会谈中起的重要作用。⑤连词(when ,if ,even if ,unless ,once
,until, than , as ) + 过去分词 如:The exhibition is more interesting than (it was)
expected .这次展览比被预料的有趣的多。⑥连词(as if ,as though ) + 不定式如:Olympic gold medallist
hurdler Liu Xiang opened his lips as if (he were) to speak
.奥林匹克金牌获得者跨栏运动员刘翔张开嘴好象要说什么。注意:当从句的主语和主句的宾语一致时,间或也有这样的省略:Her father told her to
be careful when (she was)crossing the street.当她过马路时父亲告诉她要当心。(2)当从句的主语是
it,谓语动词中又含有系动词be 时 ,可以把it和系动词be一起省略。此时构成连词(if , unless ,when ,
whenever)+形容词的结构。如:Unless (it is) necessary ,you'd better not refer to the
dictionary.如果没有必要,你最好不要查字典。
2.定语从句中的省略
(1)一般说来,在限制性定语从句中,作宾语的关系代词 that ,which , whom 可以省略;如:(2002上海春季)Is this reason
(that) he explained at the meeting for his carelessness in his
work?这就是他在会上解释他工作中粗心的原因吗? 而在非限制性定语从句中作宾语的关系代词 which , whom 不可以省略。试比较:Tom (whom)
you saw yesterday fell ill.( whom可以省) 你昨天见到的汤姆病倒了。Tom , whom you saw yesterday
,fell ill. ( whom不可以省) 汤姆病倒了,你昨天见到他了。
(2)在口语和非正式用语中,关系副词when ,where , 和 why 经常用that 来代替,甚至还可省略。如:①This is the first
time (when/that)he had trouble with the boss.这是他第一次麻烦老板 ② He wants to find a
good place (where/that) we can have a picnic during the “golden week ”holiday
.他想找一个能在黄金周期间野餐的好地方。③ Could you tell us the reason (why/that)he was so unhappy ?
你能告诉我们他为什么如此不高兴吗?
(3)当先行词为表示方式的 the way 时 ,从句不能用 how 来引导 ,应该用that 或 in which ,或将它们全部省略。如: I
don't like the way (that/in which) you laugh at her.我不喜欢你嘲笑他的行为。
3.在宾语从句中
(1)在及物动词后面所接的宾语从句中,连词that 一般可以省略;但如果及物动词后面是由that引导的两个或两个以上的并列的宾语从句
,那么只有第一个that可以省略。如:① I think (that) the reform of the renminbi's exchange rate
is necessary. 我认为人民币兑换率的改革是必要的。 ② He said (that)the Anti-secession law had been
passed and that President Hu Jintao had signed a presidential order
他说《反分裂国家法》已被通过,而且胡锦涛主席已签署了主席令。
(2)由 which , when ,where , how,和 why 引导的 宾语从句,可以全部或部分省略。如: ① I know that NBA
star Yao Ming will come to our city but I don’t know when (he will come to our
city)我知道NBA明星要到我们城市来但我不知道他什么时候来② He wants to move abroad but his parents wonders
why (he wants to move abroad)他想搬迁到国外但他的父母想知道为什么。
4.在与suggest ,request ,order ,advise 等词相关的名词性从句中,须用虚拟语气形式“should
+动词原形”,should可以省略。如:Chirac, President of the Republic of France suggested that
the China-France Culture Year (should) last long in various
forms.法国总统希拉克建议中法文化年以各种各样的形式长期持续。
5.主句省略多用于句首。如:(It is a ) Pity that I didn’t go to Mary's birthday party
yesterday.很遗憾,我昨天没有去参加玛丽的生日聚会。6.在答语中,主句可全部省略。如:—Why were you absent from school
last Friday ?—(I was absent from school)Because my mother was ill.
上周五你为什么没有上学?因为我妈妈病了。
三、简单句中的省略
1.省略主语
1)祈使句中的主语通常被省略。如:(You) Open the door ,please.
2)其它省略主语多限于现成的说法 如: ① (I) Thank you for your help 谢谢你的帮助。 ② (It)Doesn’t
matter.没关系。
2.省略主谓语或主谓语的一部分。如:①(There is) No smoking .禁止抽烟 ② (Is there)anything else ?
还有其它事吗?③ (You come)This way please.请这边走。 ④ (Will you) Have a smoke?抽烟吗?
3.省略宾语。如:—Do you know Mr. Li ? — I don’t know (him.)
4.省略表语 如:Are you thirsty ? Yes , I am (thirsty)5.同时省略几个成分 如:—Are you feeling
better now? 你觉得好些了吗 ?—(I am feeling ) Much better (now) 好多了。(I wish) Good luck
(to you) .祝你好运/祝你顺利。
四、动词不定式省略,只保留to的场合
1.不定式作某些动词的宾语时,这些动词常见的有:love, like, care, wish, hope, expect, prefer, refuse,
mean , try , oblige , advise , persuade , agree , want , afford , forget ,
remember , try , manage等。如:(1)(2000上海春)— You should have thanked her before you
left . —I meant to ,but when I was leaving I couldn’t find her anywhere
.你本该在离开前谢谢她,我本打算这么做,但当我就要离开的时候我却找不到她了。(2) You can do it this way if you like to
.如果你想做,你可以这么做。
2.不定式作某些动词的宾语补足语或主语补足语时,这些动词常见的有:ask , tell ,advise, force, persuade, wish,
allow, permit , forbid ,expect, order ,warn 等。如 : (1) (NMET1995) The boy wanted
to ride his bicycle in the street ,but his mother told him not to . (2) She
wants to come but her parents won’t allow her to
3.不定式在句中作某些形容词的状语时,常见的形容词有 :happy , glad ,eager , anxious , willing , ready
等。如: (NMET1995)— I will be away on a business trip .Could you mind looking after
my cat ? — Not at all .I would be happy to
4.不定式作某些复合谓语时,常见结构如:be able to ,be going to ,have to ,ought to ,used to等。如:
He doesn’t like fish but he used to 他现在不喜欢吃鱼,但过去喜欢。
五、动词不定式to 的省略
1.主语部分有to do ,系动词 is 或 was 时 ,作表语的不定式通常省去to。如: The only thing you have to do
is press the button.你必须做的唯一事情是按按钮。
2.作介词but ,expect ,besides 的宾语,前面又有实意动词 do时 ,不定式通常省去to. 如:He said that Chen
Shuibian had nothing to do except push a pro-“independence”
timetable.他说陈水扁除了推进支持“独立”的时间表外,什么也没有做。
3.主语部分暗含to do,表语中的不定式通常省去to。如:All I want (to do) is go to school and study
hard .我想要(做)的就是上学,努力学习。
4.当两个或多个不定式并列时,其后的不定式符号可以省略,但有对比关系时不可省略。如:It is easier to say than to do.
5.在would rather…than… 等结构中 , 不定式符号常常要省略. 如:I would rather stay at home than
go to see a film.我宁愿呆在家也不愿去看电影。
6.在see ,watch ,notice ,hear, listen to ,look at ,feel ,have, make, let
,observe 等词后作宾语补足语时省略不定式符号to; why (not) do 结构 中, 不定式不带to.(1) I saw her enter the
room . 我看见她进入了房间 (2) Why not join us ?为什么不加入到我们的行列里来呢?
六.其它一些省略结构
1.名词所有格修饰的名词,若表示住宅、店铺、教堂或上下文已暗示或明确指出过的事物时,常常可以省略。如:We spent the weekend at
the Mary's.我们在玛丽家过的周末。
2.What和how引导的感叹句中,常可省略主语 it 和be动词 如:(1) What a wonderful victory (it is ) for
Tom ! (2) How beautiful (it is ) to be treated like a normal child.基础知识解析一、省略的概念:为了使讲话和行文简洁,句中某些成分有时被省略,这种现象称为省略形式。二、简单句的省略:1、省略主语:祈使句中主语通常省略。其它省略主语的情况多限于少数现成的说法。如:Thank you for your help. 谢谢你的帮助。(省略了主语I)See you tomorrow. 明天见。(省略了主语I)2、省略主语或主谓语的一部分。如:No smoking. 请勿吸烟。(省略了There is)Anything wrong?有什么不妥吗?(省略了Is there)Have a smoke?要来支烟吗?(省略了Will you)What about a cup of tea?来杯茶怎么样?(省略了do you think)Why not say hello to him?为什么不跟他打声招呼?(省略了do you)3、省略作宾语的不定式短语,只保留to。如:—Are you going there?& 你去那儿吗?—I’d like to. 非常乐意。(省略了go there)He did not give me the chance,though he had promised to. 尽管他曾经答应过我,但不审没有给我机会。(省略了give me the chance)〖注〗在这种情况下,如果该宾语是动词be或完成时态,则须在to之后加上be或have。如:—Are you an engineer?& 你是工程师吗?—No,but I want to be. 不是,但我希望是。(be不能同时省略)—He hasn’t finished the task yet. 他尚未完成任务。—Well,he ought to have. 噢,他早应该完成了。(have不能同时省略)4、省略表语。如:—Are you thirsty?你口喝吗?—Yes,I am. 是的。(省略了thirsty)His brother is not lazy,nor is his sister. 他弟弟不懒,妹妹也不懒。(省略了lazy)5、同时省略几个成分。如:Let’s meet as the same place as yesterday. 让我们在昨天见面的地方见面。(as后省略了we met)—Have you finished your work?你完成了工作吗?—Not yet. 还没 有。(Not前省略了I have,Not后省略了finished my work)6、感叹句中的省略。如:What a wide river!好宽的一条河! (river后省略了it is)Simply impossible!简直不可能!(impossible后省略了it is)7、部分问句和其他简略应答。如:Right? 是吧?How so? 怎么是这样的?Why so?为何这样?Is that so?是这样的吧?I hope so. 我希望如此。He said so. 他是这样说的。I suppose not. 我估计不会。I believe not. 我相信不是这样的。I hope not. 我希望不是这样。8、省略in的词组。如:He spends his evenings (in) studying English. 他晚上的时间都用来学英语了。They are busy (in) cleaning the room. 他们忙于打扫房间。Before liberation we had a hard time (in) getting grain and coal. 解放前,我们生活困苦,缺衣少食。三、并列句中的省略:1、两个并列分句中,后一个分句常省略与前一分句中相同的部分。如:My father is a doctor and my mother a nurse. 我爸爸是医生,妈妈是护士。(my mother后省略了is)I study at college and my sister at high school. 我在读大学,我妹妹在读高中。(sister后省略了studies)When summer comes,the day is getting longer and longer,and the night shorter and shorter. 夏天来了,白天越来越长,夜晚越来越短。(the night后省略了is getting)三、复合句中的省略:1、主句中有一些成分被省略。如:Sorry to hear that you are ill. 听到你生病的消息我很难过。(sorry前省略了I am)Pity that he missed such a good chance. 他错过了这么好的机会真是可惜。(pity前省略了It is a)2、省略了一个从句或从句的一部分,用so或not代替。如:—Is he coming back tonight?他今晚会回来吗?—I think so. 我相想会的。(so代替从句that he is coming back tonight)—She must be busy now. 她现在一定很忙。—If so,she can’t go with us. 如果这样的话,她就不能跟我们一起去了。(so代替从句she is busy)—Is he feeling better today?他今天感觉好些了吗?—I’m afraid not. 我想没有。(not代替从句that he is not feeling better today)3、用when,while,if,as if,though(although),as,until,whether等连词引导的状语从句中,如果谓语是be,而其主语是it或与主句的主语相同时,则连同动词be一起常常被省略。如:When (water is) heated,water is turned into vapour. 水被加热以后,就变成了水蒸汽。Please write to us as often as (it is) possible. 请尽可能多地写信给我们。When (it is) necessary you can help us to do something. 必要时,你可以帮我们做些事情。When (I am) in trouble,I always turn to her for help. 我遇到困难时,总是向她求助。4、以than,as,no matter what/who等连词引导的从句后面常常省略某些成分。如:They do not use more water than (it is) necessary. 他们用不着更多的水了。I’m taller than he (is tall). 我比他高。This book is as interesting as that one (is interesting). 这本书和那本书一样有趣。Anyone,no matter who (he is),may point out our shortcomings. 不管是谁,都可以指出我们的缺点。5、know,think,consider,suppose,find,believe,say,decide等动词后的宾语从句中常常省略连词that。如:I think (that) it will clear up this afternoon. 我想今天下午天会放晴。I believe (that) he will pass the national college entrance examination. 我相信他能通过国家的大学入学考试。但跟两个(或两个以上)的宾语从句时,只有第一个连词that可以省略,第二个不能省略。如:He said (that) the text was very important and that we should learn it by heart. 他说课文非常重要,我们应该背下来。6、定语从句中的关系词that,which,whom作宾语时可以省略。如:There are some films (that) I’d like to see. 有几部我想看的电影。He is the student (whom/that) we are talking about. 他就是我们正在谈论的那个学生。7、引导表语从句、同位语从句的that常省略。如:My idea is (that) we can get more comrades to help in the work. 我认类工作中我们可以得到更多同志的帮助。The fact (that) he had not said anything surprised everybody. 他什么都没有说,这个事实震惊了每一个人。8、主句与从句各有一些成分省略。如:The sooner (you do it),the better (it will be). 越快越好。9、虚拟语气中的省略。如:I suggest that he (should) study more English before going abroad. 我建议他在出国前多学英语。It is important that we (should) study science and technology. 学习科学技术对我们而言很重要。四、不定式符号to的省略:1、承接上文的不定式或并列的不定式可省去后面的to。如:I told him to sit down and (to) wait for a moment. 我告诉他坐下等一会儿。Black people had no right to vote in the southern states. If they wished to,they had to pass a reading test. 南方各州的黑人们没有投票权。如果他们想要投票,就得通过阅读测验。2、一些使役动词如let,make,have及感官动词如see,watch,notice,observe,hear,feel,look at和listen to等后面作宾语补足语的不定式一定要省去to。如:I saw the boy (to) fall from the tree. 我看见这小男孩从树上摔下来。The boss made us (to) work twelve hours a day. 老板让我们每天工作12小时。3、find作“发现”理解时,后面作宾语补足语的不定式可省略to,也可不省略to(to be除外)。如:We found him (to) work very hard at the experiment. 我们发现他在实验中非常努力。She found him to be dishonest. 她发现了他的虚伪。4、help作“帮助”理解时,后面作宾语补足语的不定式可省略to,也可不省略to。如:I will help (to) do it for you. 我会帮你做这件事。5、介词but前若有动词do,后面的不定式不带to。如:The boy did nothing but play. 这小男孩就知道玩。Yesterday he did nothing but wait at home. 他昨天除了在家苦等,什么都没做。6、主语从句中有动词do,后面作表语的不定式一般不带to。如:All we can do now is (to) wait. 现在我们能做的只有等。高考试题归类1. —Do you mind my taking this seat?—____. 【NMET1990】A. Yes,sit down please&&&&&& B. No,of course notC. Yes,take it pleaseD. No,you can’t take it2. —I’ll be away on a business trip. Would you mind looking after my cat?—Not at all. ____. 【NMET1995】A. I’ve no time&&&&&&&&& B. I’d rather not&&&& C. I’d like it&&&&&& D. I’d be happy to3. The boy wanted to ride his bicycle in the street,but his mother told him ____. 【NMET1995】&&&&&& A. not to B. not to doC. not do it&&&&&&& D. do not do4. One of the sides of the board should be painted yellow,and ________. &&&& 【2000春】A. the other is white&& B. another white  C. the other white&&&&&&&&& D. another is white5. —The boys are not doing a good job at all,are they?&&& —____. 【京2003春】&&& A. I guess not so&&&&&&&&& B. I don’t guess&&&& C. I don’t guess so&&&&&&& D. I guess not&能力过关检测1. —Aren’t you the waitress in this restaurant?—No. And I don’t ____.A. want to be&&&&&&&& B. want to&&&&&&&& C. want&&&&& D. like to2. —Why are you so busy with the work?—I am doing it so that I won’t have ____ tomorrow.A. done it&&&&&&&&& B. to do&&&&& C. it to&&&&&& D. to3. Wang Dong wanted to surf the Internet,but his father told him____.&&&&&& A. not toB. not to doC. not do it && &&&&& D. do not to4. —Must the composition be finished before class is over?—No,it ____.A. doesn’t have to& B. hasn’t to C. it doesn’tD. doesn’t have to be5. —I thought you might have got drunk.—____.A. Almost have&&&&&& B. Almost had&&&&&&& C. Almost did&&&&&&&& D. Almost got6. —Do you happen to have thirty dollars with you?&&&&&& —____?&&&&&&& —I have to buy a Longman English Dictionary. &&&&&&& A. How much&& B. What for&&&C. What will you want to do&&&& D. Buy what7. —Why are you having breakfast so early?&—____ the first bus.&&&&&& A. Because I missed B. Don’t miss. C. Not missing&& D. Not to miss8. —Where shall we go for the weekend?&—____.&&&&&& A. One to you&& B. Up to you &&&&&&& C. In your opinion &&&&&& D. According to you9. —Is Paul playing both soccer and tennis for the school?&&&&&& —He ____. But now he has given up playing tennis.&&&&&& A. is&&&&&&&&& B. has&&&&&&& C. was&&&&& D. had10. —Jane,you’re wanted on the phone.&&&&&& —____.&&&&&& A. Coming& B. Holding& C. Calling&&&&&&&&& D. Speaking11. ____with the area of Asia,Europe is a small continent.&&&&&& A. While comparing&&&&&& B. CompareC. When compared D. Comparing12. It is generally believed that children’s brains will be affected ____ too much home work.&&&&&& A. if giving B. if to give C. if given&&&&&&&& D. gives13. The dictionary to a student is ____ the tool to a worker.&&&&&& A. which&&& B. what&&&&& C. that&&&&&&& D. whatever14. —I hear Johnson was badly injured in the accident.&&&&&& —____,let’s go and see him.&&&&&& A. What’s more &&& B. If so&&&&& C. Where possible D. When necessary15. ____,he can't educate his own child well.A. Though a teacher&&& B. A teacher as he isC. Being a teacher&&&&&&& D. As he is a teacher16. I’m sure all will go well as____.&&&&&& A. being planned && B. planned& C. having planned D. planning17. The child complained that the old man made no answer when ____ where he lived.&&&&&& A. asking&&& B. asked&&&& C. to ask&&& D. having asked18. While____ from his operation,David renewed an old interest in stock- car racing.&&&&&& A. was recovering& B. recovering&&&&&&&& C. was recovered&& D. recovered19. Although ____ in China,____ he is well known for his novel about Russia.&&&&&& A. 不填&&&&&&& B. butC. yet& D. 不填20. There are some mistakes in this composition. If____,please correct them.&&&&&& A. finding& B. having been found C. found&&&&&&&& D. find21. John seems a nice person. ____,I don’t trust him.&&&&&& A. Even so& B. Even though& C. Therefore&&&&&&&&& D. Though22. If you talk to these senior students,you will find that they have much greater knowledge than commonly____.&&&&&& A. supposing&&&&&&&&& B. supposedC. to suppose&&&&&&&& D. suppose23. —Will you go to the party?&—Of course I will if ____.&&&&&& A. I was invited &&& B. invited&&& C. having invited&&& D. I will be invited24. When ____ to compare the education system of China and Britain,the professor gave no answer.&&&&& A. being asked&& B. asking&&& C. asked&&&& D. to ask&答案:高考试题归类:BDACD能力过关检测:ADADC BDBCA CCBBA BBBCC ABBC
TA的最新馆藏[转]&[转]&[转]&[转]&[转]&[转]&
喜欢该文的人也喜欢

我要回帖

更多关于 定语从句连接词省略 的文章

随机推荐