thank,appreciate for 用法和grateful的不同用法

美剧_感恩口语:thank, appreciate和grateful的不同用法_沪江英语
分类学习站点
感恩口语:thank, appreciate和grateful的不同用法
编辑点评:如果你只知道用thank表达感谢,那你就真的out啦!今天小编就带大家来看看英语中不同的“感谢”表达:thank, appreciate和grateful,以及它们用法上的区别。
(adj.) thankful (unthankful); (n.) thankfulness
thank作为及物动词,常用搭配是thank sb (for sth / for doing sth),如:
She said goodbye and thanked us for coming.
thank表示&感谢&,习惯上只接&人&作宾语,而不能接&事&作宾语:
正:Thank you for your help.
误:Thank your help.
另外的用法:
1. have sb to thank for (doing) sth 归功于,如:
I have my parents to thank for my success.
2. thank your lucky stars 感谢你的幸运之星,口语中用于表达幸运,尤其是躲过了不愉快或危险的事。如:
Just thank your lucky stars you weren't in the house at the time.
appreciate
(inappreciative); (n.) appreciation
appreciate作为&感激&解释时是及物动词,常用搭配:appreciate doing sth,后跟动名词或代词it代指的事情。习惯上只能接&事&作宾语(object),而不能接&人&作宾语:
正:I'd appreciate some help.
误:I'd appreciate you for some help.
appreciate也指&欣赏&,有&对某事物有一定的兴趣及认识&的含义,如:
In time you'll appreciate the beauty and
of this language.
此外,在商业书信来往中,appreciate一字出现率颇高,但其意和上面提及的&欣赏&音乐有所不同;如:
We greatly appreciate your getting the goods to us at such short notice.
在这句里,&We greatly appreciate...&和&Thank you for...&含意相同。
appreciate的第三个意思是&(对一种情况或问题的)理解&,如
I fully appreciate your concern. We will do all in our power to help.
appreciate的另一用法是指某东西&增值&,是不及物动词,如:
Their investments have appreciated over the years.
大家有没有留意到appreciate解作升值时是不需接宾语(object)的?
(反) (n.)
(ingratitude)
grateful没有相应的动词,它的常用搭配是be grateful to sb for sth,或者后面跟不定式或that从句,如:
I am extremely grateful to all the teachers for their help.
She seems to think I should be grateful to have a job at all.
He was grateful that she didn't tell his parents about the incident.
另外,grateful也可用于表达请求,这种用法在书信或者其他正式场合用得比较多,如:
I would be grateful if you could send the completed form back as soon as possible.
除了上述的用法区别之外,thank, appreciate和grateful在表达情感上也有略微的区别:
&When you are 'grateful' to someone, you can sometimes feel a little '' to them. It creates a feeling of 'owingness'.& 也就是说grateful带有一点&义务&的性质。
而另一方面,&When we appreciate someone or something there is a feeling of ending. There is a feeling of . We do not feel the need to pay this person back.& 当我们用appreciate有点意味着这件事的结束,不需要再做什么回报。
另外,oblige (vt.) 一词也有&使感激&的意思,如:
I'm much obliged to you. 我非常感谢你。
不过oblige更常见的含义是&迫使&,如:
Parents are obliged by law to send their children to school.Appreciate - definition of appreciate by The Free Dictionary /appreciate
appreciate Also found in: , , .
ap·pre·ci·ate
(ə-prē′shē-āt′)v. ap·pre·ci·at·ed, ap·pre·ci·at·ing, ap·pre·ci·ates v.tr.1.
To recognize the quality, significance, or magnitude of: appreciated their freedom.2.
To be fully awar realize: I appreciate your problems.3.
To be thankful or show gratitude for: I really appreciate your help.4.
T value.5.
To raise in value or price, especially over time.v.intr. To increase in value or price, especially over time.[Late Latin appretiāre, appretiāt-, to appraise; see
appraise.]ap·pre′ci·a′tor n.ap·pre′cia·to′ry (-shə-t?r′ē) adj.Synonyms:
appreciate, value, prize1, esteem, treasure, cherish These verbs mean to have a highly favorable opinion of someone or something. Appreciate applies especially to high regard based on critical assessment, comparison, and judgment: As immigrants, they appreciated their newfound freedom. Value implies high regard for the importance or worth of the object: "In principle, the modern university values ... the free exchange of ideas" (Eloise Salholz). Prize often suggests pride of possession: "the nonchalance prized by teen-agers" (Elaine Louie). Esteem implies respect: "If he had never esteemed my opinion before, he would have thought highly of me then" (Jane Austen). Treasure and cherish stress solicitous care and affectionate regard: We treasure our freedom."They seek out the Salish Indian woman ... to learn the traditions she cherishes" (Tamara Jones).appreciate (?'pri:???e?t; -s?-) vb (mainly tr) 1. to feel thankful or grateful for: to appreciate a favour. 2.
(may take a clause as object) to take full or sufficient account of: to appreciate a problem. 3. to value highly: to appreciate Shakespeare. 4.
(usually intr) to raise or increase in value[C17: from Medieval Latin appretiāre to value, prize, from Latin pretium price] ap'preci?ator nap•pre•ci•ate
(əˈpri ʃiˌeɪt)
-at•ed, -at•ing. v.t.
to be grateful or thankful for:
They appreciated his thoughtfulness.
to va place a high estimate on:
to appreciate good wine.
to b detect:
to appreciate the dangers of a situation.
to raise in value.
to increase in value:
Property values appreciated yearly.
[;55; & Late Latin appretiātus, past participle of appretiāre to put a price on = ap-
+ pretium ]
ap•pre′ci•at`ing•ly, adv.
ap•pre′ci•a`tor, n.
imply holding a person or thing in high regard. To
is to exercise wise judgment, delicate perception, and keen insight in realizing worth: to appreciate fine workmanship. To
is to feel respect combined with a warm, kindly sensation: to esteem one's former teacher. To
is to attach importance because of worth or usefulness: I value your opinion. To
is to value highly and cherish: to prize a collection of rare books. appreciate, ,
- The use of "appreciate" should involve valuing something or understandin when there is no value or sympathy, use "recognize" or "understand"; appreciate first meant " appraised."See also related terms for .appreciateIf you appreciate something that someone has done for you, you are grateful to them because of it.Thanks. I really appreciate your help.We would appreciate guidance from an expert.You can use appreciate with it and an if-clause to say politely that you would like someone to do something. For example, you can say 'I would appreciate it if you would deal with this matter urgently'.We would really appreciate it if you could come.Be Careful!You must use it in sentences like these. Don't say, for example, 'I would appreciate if you would deal with this matter urgently'.appreciatePast participle: appreciatedGerund: appreciatingImperativePresentPreteritePresent ContinuousPresent PerfectPast ContinuousPast PerfectFutureFuture PerfectFuture ContinuousPresent Perfect ContinuousFuture Perfect ContinuousPast Perfect ContinuousConditionalPast ConditionalImperativeappreciateappreciatePresentI appreciateyou appreciatehe/she/it appreciateswe appreciateyou appreciatethey appreciatePreteriteI appreciatedyou appreciatedhe/she/it appreciatedwe appreciatedyou appreciatedthey appreciatedPresent ContinuousI am appreciatingyou are appreciatinghe/she/it is appreciatingwe are appreciatingyou are appreciatingthey are appreciatingPresent PerfectI have appreciatedyou have appreciatedhe/she/it has appreciatedwe have appreciatedyou have appreciatedthey have appreciatedPast ContinuousI was appreciatingyou were appreciatinghe/she/it was appreciatingwe were appreciatingyou were appreciatingthey were appreciatingPast PerfectI had appreciatedyou had appreciatedhe/she/it had appreciatedwe had appreciatedyou had appreciatedthey had appreciatedFutureI will appreciateyou will appreciatehe/she/it will appreciatewe will appreciateyou will appreciatethey will appreciateFuture PerfectI will have appreciatedyou will have appreciatedhe/she/it will have appreciatedwe will have appreciatedyou will have appreciatedthey will have appreciatedFuture ContinuousI will be appreciatingyou will be appreciatinghe/she/it will be appreciatingwe will be appreciatingyou will be appreciatingthey will be appreciatingPresent Perfect ContinuousI have been appreciatingyou have been appreciatinghe/she/it has been appreciatingwe have been appreciatingyou have been appreciatingthey have been appreciatingFuture Perfect ContinuousI will have been appreciatingyou will have been appreciatinghe/she/it will have been appreciatingwe will have been appreciatingyou will have been appreciatingthey will have been appreciatingPast Perfect ContinuousI had been appreciatingyou had been appreciatinghe/she/it had been appreciatingwe had been appreciatingyou had been appreciatingthey had been appreciatingConditionalI would appreciateyou would appreciatehe/she/it would appreciatewe would appreciateyou would appreciatethey would appreciatePast ConditionalI would have appreciatedyou would have appreciatedhe/she/it would have appreciatedwe would have appreciatedyou would have appreciatedthey would have appreciated
Switch to Verb1.appreciate - reco be grateful for, ,
- express obligation, thanks, "We must acknowledge the kindness she showed towards us"2.appreciate - "Do you appreciate the full meaning of this letter?", , ,
- perceive (an idea or situation) "Now I see!"; "I just can't see your point"; "Does she realize how important this decision is?"; "I don't understand the idea"3.appreciate - "I prize these old photographs", ,
- show due a "The diners did the food and wine justice", , , ,
- "She views this quite differently from me"; "I consider her to be shallow"; "I don't see the situation quite as negatively as you do",
- show approva "My work is not recognized by anybody!"; "The best student was recognized by the Dean"4.appreciate - "The yen appreciated again!", ,
- become bigger
"The amount of work increased", ,
- i "The Germans want to appreciate the Deutsche Mark", , ,
- "The dollar depreciated again"5.appreciate - i "The Germans want to appreciate the Deutsche Mark",
- "revalue the German Mark", , ,
- "The yen appreciated again!" - lower th "The Fed depreciated the dollar once again"appreciateverb1. , , , , , , , , , , , , rate highly Anyone can appreciate our music. enjoy , , , , 2. , , , , , , , , , , , , , be alive to,
She never really appreciated the depth of the conflict. be aware of , be unaware of, 3. be grateful, , be thankful, , , , be appreciative I'd appreciate it if you didn't mention that. be grateful be ungrateful for4. , , , , , , , ,
There is little confidence that houses will appreciate in value. increase , , , appreciateverb1. To recognize the worth, quality, importance, or magnitude of:, , , , , .Idiom: .2. To regard with great pleasure or approval:.
??????? ? ????????????????? ????? ?? ????????????? ?????b?t vdě?n?hodnotitocenitoceňovatstoupnout v ceněforst?vaerdsaettearvostaaerottaahavaitaymm?rt??cijenitiméltányolértékelfelmegy az árakunna a? metametaskiljavaxa a? ver?gildi理解する高く評価する??????????? ????suprasti?vertintivertinti?ymiai?ymusaugstu vērtētcelties cenāk?ūt vērtīgākamnovērtētsaprastby? si vedom?by? v?a?n?získa? na cenecenitistigauppskatta??????te?ekkür bor?lu olmakde?eri artmakde?erini bilmek?ánh giá caoappreciate [əˈpriːʃɪeɪt]A. VT1. (= be grateful for) → I appreciated your help →
tu I appreciate the gesture →
el we should much appreciate it if →
mucho que + subjun2. (= value, esteem) → , he does not appreciate music → no
I am not appreciated here →
or we much appreciate your work →
de su 3. (= understand) [+ problem, difference] → I appreciate your wishes →
sus yes, I appreciate that → sí, lo to appreciate that →
que ...we fully appreciate that →
que ...4. (= be sensitive to) → the smallest change can be appreciated on this machine → en esta
B. VI [property etc] → , (se) en appreciate [əˈpriːʃieɪt] vt (= be grateful for) [+ help] → (e) deI appreciate your helpBUT Je vous remercie pour votre aide.Thanks, I appreciate itBUT Merci, c'est sympa.I'd appreciate it if ... → je vous serais
de ... (= be aware of) [+ need, reason] → se , être (e) deI appreciate that ... → je me
que ... (= assess) →
(= like) [+ music, painting] →
vi (= increase in value) [property, object] → appreciate vt (= be aware of) dangers, problems, value etc → sich (dat) →
sein (+gen); (= understand) sb’s wishes, reluctance etc →
haben für; I appreciate that you cannot come → ich , dass ihr
k?nnt (= value, be grateful for) → zu
; nobody appreciates me! →
mich zu !; thank you, I appreciate it → vielen Dank, sehr
von Ihnen; my liver would appreciate a rest → meine
k?nnte eine
; I would really appreciate that → das w?re mir
sehr ; I would appreciate it if you could do this by tomorrow → k?nnten Sie das bitte bis
?; I would appreciate it if you could be a bit quieter → k?nnten Sie
vielleicht etwas
sein?; we would really appreciate it if you would pay what you owe → wir w?ren Ihnen sehr
or , wenn Sie Ihre
(= enjoy) art, music, poetry →
vi (Fin) to appreciate (in value) → im
appreciate [əˈpriːʃɪeɪt]1. vta. (be grateful for) → ,
di, essere / perI appreciated your help → ti sono
per l'aiutob. (value) → I am not appreciated here →
nessuno mi
c. (understand, problem, difference) →
diyes, I appreciate that → , me ne
2. vi (Comm) (property) →
(di valore)appreciate (?'pri:?ieit)
to be grateful for (something). I appreciate all your hard work. waardeer
оценявам
vá?it si, b?t vdě?n?
dankbar sein für
saette pris p? , ε?μαι ευγν?μων για κτ.
tunnustama
??????? ????
olla kiitollinen
??????????
????? ????
méltányol
berterima kasih
kunna a? meta ;
[]vērtēt
menghargai
a fi recunosc?tor (pentru)
быть признательным
by? v?a?n? (za)
biti hvale?en
biti zahvalan (za ne?to)
uppskatta, s?tta v?rde p?
müte?ekkir olmak, te?ekkür bor?lu olmak
ц?нувати; визнавати
??? ???? ????
c?m kích 2.
to value (someone or something) highly. Mothers are very often not appreciated. waardeer
???????? ?????
oceňovat, (o)hodnotit
vaerdsaette ,
??? ???? ?? ??????
??????????
menghargai
augstu vērtēt
menghargai
naar waarde schatten
? ?? ?? ?? ??? ????? ??????
a apre--cia (la adev?rata valoare)
высоко ценить
ceniti (zasluge)
s?tta v?rde p?
de?erini bilmek,
оц?нювати
?ánh giá cao
重视,欣赏,赞赏 3.
to be aware of. I appreciate your difficulties but I cannot help. begrip hê
??????? ? ??????????
разбирам
compreender
uvědomovat si
se rendre (bien) compte de
tudatában van
memahami, menyadari
zdawa? sobie spraw? z,
compreender
a-?i da seama
принимать во внимание
by? si vedom?
zavedati se
f?rst?, vara [fullt] medveten om
??????????
розум?ти, усв?домлювати
????? ???? ? ??????
to increase in value. My house has appreciated (in value) considerably over the last ten years. appresieer
??????? ????? ?? ?????
повишавам цената на
valorizar-se
stoupnout v ceně
im Wert steigen
stige i vaerdi
πα?ρνω αξ?α
aumentar su valor
hinnas t?usma
nousta arvossa
???????? ???????????
????? ????? ?? ??????
dobiti na vrijednosti
felmegy az ára
naik harga
vaxa a? ver?gildi
valorizzarsi
値上りする
?gyti didesn? vert?, pabrangti
k?ūt vērtīgā celties cenā
in waarde stijgen , zyskiwa?
a cre?te (ca valoare)
дорожать
získa? na cene
zrasti vrednost (?emu)
pove?ati vrednost
stiga [i v?rde]
(????) ????
de?eri artmak
п?двищувати(ся) у ц?н?
???? ?????? ????? ????
lên giá ap'preciable (-??bl)
adjective considerable. an appreciable increase. merkbaar
???????? ???????
оценим
apreciável
patrn?, zna?n?
???? ??????
huomattava
észrevehet?
kentara, lumayan
umtalsver?ur
?ymus, pastebimas
jū manāms
ketara , ,
? ?????? ??
conside-rabil
zjavn?, zna?n?
m?rkbar, avsev?rd
???????????????????
g?zle g?rülür,
明顯的,值得重視的
пом?тний, значний
?????? ?? ??
có th? ?ánh giá ???c
明显的,可估计的 ap'preciably (-??bli)
adverb merkbaar
??????? ?????????/ ?????????
оценимо
consideravelmente
m?rgatavalt
???? ???? ??????
huomattavasti
????????? ???????
???????? ??? ??
észrevehet?en
secara masuk akal
tilfinnanlega
?ymiai, pastebimai
jū manāmi
keketaran ,
dostrzegalnie,
? ?????? ?? ???
consideravelmente
(?n mod) consi-derabil
m?rkbart, avsev?rt
????????????????????
g?ze ?arpacak kadar
пом?тно, значно
?????? ??? ??
?áng k? ap?preci'ation noun1.
gratefulness. I wish to show my appreciation for what you have done. waardering
???????? ?????????
благодарност
die Dankbarkeit
taknemlighed , , ,
t?nulikkus
????? ???????
kiitollisuus
???????? ??????
zahvalnost
méltánylás, értékelés
rasa terima kasih, penghargaan
?akklaeti ,
d?kingumas
penghargaan ,
recuno?tin??
hvale?nost
zahvalnost
uppskattning
??????????????? ,
вдячн?сть
s? c?m kích 2.
the state of valuing or understanding something. a deep appreciation of poetry. waardering
уважение
aprecia??o
pochopení pro, porozumění
das Verst?ndnis
forst? indsigt ,
(k?rgelt) hindamine, m?istmine
uva?avanje
megbecsülés
maetur, a? hafa sans fyrir
?vertinimas, supratimas
novērtējums
penghargaan
gevoel voor , ,
?????? ? ???????
apre-ciere ;
pochopenie pre
razumevanje, navdu?enje
razumevanje
uppskattning, tycke (smak) f?r
鑑賞, 重視
правильне розум?ння
??? ????? ??? ??????
s? ?ánh giá cao 3.
the state of being aware of something. He has no appreciation of our difficulties. begrip
преценка
compreens?o
uvědomění si
das Verst?ndnis
forst?else ,
arusaamine
tietoisuus
elismerés
skilningur
supratimas
kesedaran ,
?n?e-le-ge- idee (despre)
uvedomenie si
pojem, predstava
f?rst?else
fark?nda olma, bilincinde olma
розум?ння
s? hi?u bi?t 4.
an increase in value.
appresiasie
???????? ????? ?? ?????
повишаване
valoriza??o
vzestup ceny
die Wertsteigerung
vaerdistigning
aumento de valor
arvonnousu
??????? ?????
????? ??? ??????
pove?anje vrijednosti
értékn?vekedés
peningkatan harga
ver?gildishaekkun
価値の上がること
vert?s padid?jimas
vērtības pieaugums
kenaikan , zwi?kszenie warto?ci
???? ? ??????
valoriza??o
удорожание
získanie na cene
zvi?anje vednosti
pove?anje vrednosti
v?rdestegring, ?kning
?????????????????
de?er art??
п?двищення ц?нност?
????? ????
s? t?ng giá 5.
a written article etc which describes the qualities of something. an appreciation of the new book. goeie mening
??????? ???????
критика
hodnocení
die Würdigung
κριτικ? αν?λυση
értékelés
recenzija, ?vertinimas
novērtējums
recenzie (favorabil?)
hodnotenie
ocena, kritika
kriti?ki osvrt (u pisanom ili govornom obliku)
omd?me, recension
??????????????????????????????
схвальний в?дгук
??? ?????? ?????
s? phê phán ap'preciative (-??tiv)
adjective giving
grateful. an appreciative audience. ontvanklik
????????? ????????? ?? ???????
оценяващ
apreciativo
anerkendende , που δε?χνει την ευγνωμοσ?νη του ,
(k?rgelt) hindav
??????????
a méltányló
berterima kasih, menghargai
?akklá sem kann a? meta
(che apprezza)
感謝している
mokantis ?vertinti, d?kingas
atzinī pateicīgs
menunjukkan penghargaan , ,
apreciativo
apreciativ
odu?evljen
uppskattande
???????????????
de?erbilir, , k?ymet bilen
вдячний
tán th??ng ap'preciatively adverb waarderend
?????????? ????????? ????????
оценяващо
com apre?o
taknemligt
με ευγνωμοσ?νη ,
lugupidavalt
???? ????????
arvostavasti
avec appréciation
????????? ???????? ???????????
??????? ???? ???
penuh rasa terima kasih, penghargaan
me? ?akklaeti
con apprezzamento
su i?manymu
atzinī pateicīgi
dengan menghargai
z uznaniem
? ???? ?? ???
com apre?o
apreciativ
благодарно
odobravajo?e
odu?evljeno
uppskattande
?????????????????
minnettar bir ?ekilde
вдячно
??? ???? ?? ??? ??
tán th??ng appreciate →
ocenit vaerdsaette
高く評価する ??? ????
uppskatta ??????
?ánh giá cao appreciate vt. apreciar, agradecer, reconocer.
Want to thank TFD for its existence? , add a link to this page, or visit .
Link to this page:
It's a pleasure to help people who appreciate our efforts. I can find my way in to Tom Swift perfectly well by myself, and while I appreciate your courtesy I do not want to trouble you. I had been adequately armed by Russian P the sn and I had Antonia beside me, to appreciate and admire. Don't think I am ungrateful or that I don't appreciate your sympathy. He could not help but appreciate the dramatic qualit that the richest man in Wall Street should appear in person to plead for a humble and weaker brother. Hepzibah knew enough to enable her to appreciate the circumstances (resulting from the second marriage of the girl's mother) which made it desirable for Phoebe to establish herself in another home. It contributes greatly towards a man's moral and intellectual health to be brought into habits of companionship with individuals unlike himself, who care little for his pursuits, and whose sphere and abilities he must go out of himself to appreciate. I appreciate," I said, "the great decency of your not ha but the time has certainly come to give me the whole thing. Jurgis had once been among those who scoffed at the idea of these hu and so now he could appreciate the bitter irony of the fact that it was precisely their size which enabled them to do it with impunity. In order to appreciate the sufferings of the negroes sold south, it must be remembered that all the instinctive affections of that race are peculiarly strong. This may seem to be harsh and stubborn but it is to treat with the utmost kindness and consideration the only spirit that can appreciate or deserves it. Then it is that I appreciate the beauty and the glory of architecture, which itself never turns in, but forever stands out and erect, keeping watch over the slumberers.
▲appreciate▼
appreciate
For webmasters:

我要回帖

更多关于 appreciate的所有用法 的文章

随机推荐