place作场合讲可不place是可数名词吗?

译林版高中英语模块1学案_甜梦文库
译林版高中英语模块1学案
Unit1 学案 Reading (1) 使用说明】 【使用说明】1. 10 分钟学生朗读背诵学案。 2. 10 分钟学生讨论并总结用法。 3. 10 分钟老师点拨。 4. 5 分钟巩固背诵。 5. 10 分钟反馈练习。 学习目标】 【学习目标】 掌握 Reading Line 1--11 重点单词、短语及句型的用法并能熟练运用。 1. Going to a British high school for one year was a very enjoyable and exciting experience for me. 去一所英国中学读书一年对我来说是一次令人愉快和兴奋的经历。 本句里的 Going 是动名词, 它和后面的 to a British high school for one year 构成动名词短 语作句子的主语。 to a British high school 本来是个动词词组, go 后面加上 ing 后, Go 在 它就具备名词的特性可以在句子中充当主语、宾语或表语。 ▲experience 作名词时既可以作可数名词又可作不可数名词,另外它还可作动词,具体用 法如下: 1) [C] 经历 The car accident was a terrible experience to him. 那起交通事故对于他来说是一次可怕的经历 2) [U] 经验 Have you had any experience in this job?你对这项工作有经验吗? Experience comes from practice. 经验来源于实践。 3) vt 体验 He experienced the greatest hardship for the first time in his life. 他第一次体验他人生中的最大困苦。 ▲拓展:experienced adj. 有经验的 an experienced doctor be experienced in (doing ) sth 在某方面有经验 He is experienced in drawing. 2. I was very happy with the school hours in Britain because school starts around 9 a.m. and ends about 3.30 p.m. 我对英国学校的作息时间很满意因为学校大约上午 9 点开始上 课,下午 3 点半左右放学。 be happy with 对。 。 。 很满意, 相当于 be pleased with I'm pleased with his new house. ▲拓展:be happy to do sth 乐于做某事 I shall be happy to accept your invitation. 3. This means I could get up an hour later than usual as schools in China begin before 8 a.m. 这就意味着我可以晚一小时起床,因为在中国学校 8 点钟上课。 as 在本句中是连词表 示“因为” 1)mean vt. (meant meant) 意味着, 后面通常加名词,动名词或宾语从句。 mean doing sth 意味着做某事 mean to do sth 打算做某事 If you miss this train, that will mean waiting for another 30 minutes. 如果你错过了这班火车, 那就意味着你还要等 30 分钟。 He meant to cause trouble. 他是存心惹麻烦。 2) usual adj. 往常的 ▲than usual 比往常 as usual 跟往常一样 He arrived later than usual. 他到得比平时晚。 As usual he forgot to make his bed after he got up. 和平时一样,他起床之后忘了叠被了。 4. He also told us that the best way to earn respect from the school was to work hard and achieve high grades. 1) earn v.挣得,博得 He has earned a lot of money by working hard. 他通过努力工作,已经 挣了好多钱。 ▲earn one’s living 自行谋生 The old man earned his living as a fisherman. 这老人以捕 鱼为生。 2) achieve vt. 完成, 达到 The university has achieved all its goals this year. 这个大学今年已经实现了所有的奋斗目标。 ▲ achievement n. [U] 完成,达到;[C]成就, 功绩 make achievements 获得成绩,取 得成就 【反馈练习】 Ⅰ. Useful phrases in the text. 1.一次令人愉快和兴奋的经历___________________ 2. 对…很满意____________________________ 3.比往常迟一个小时___________________________ 4. 参加集会 _____________________________ 5.成为好朋友_________________________________ 6. 学校的规章制度________________________ 7.做某事的方法_______________________________ 8.赢得尊重 ______________________________ 9.得高分 ____________________________________ 10.听起来像 _____________________________ II. Multiple choices. 1. Jumping out of _______ airplane at ten thousand feet is quite ________ exciting experience. A. /; the B. /; an C.an D.the 2. Jack London worked very hard and finally he _______ his goal. A. made B. found C. developed D. achieved 3. Do you know the girl _____ father I work with? A. who B. whom C. whose D. that 4. ---Sorry, I ________ her. ---But what you said ________her. A. don’ meant to hurt B. did’ meant hurting C. don’ meant to hurt D. din’ meant to hurt 5. I don’t want to _________ I’m speaking ill of someone, but the manager’s plan is unfair. A. sound as B. sound like C. be sounded like D. be sounded 6. __________ is good for our health. A. To swim B. Swimming C. Swim D. Being swimming 7. ―How long has your brother _____ the army? ―About five years. A. taken part B. joined C. served D. attended 8. He is a man of _______ and he had a lot of interesting _______ in his life. A. experiences B. experience C. experience D. experiences 9. ---You must get up early in order to catch the plane.. ---Don’t worry. The plane _________ at 9 o’clock. A. takes off B. is going to take off C. is taking off D. will take off III. Word spelling. 1. Jumping from the flying plane is an unforgettable e___________. 2. How many people will a__________ your wedding? 3. As a student, you must show r____________ for your teachers. 4. Finally, he___________(实现)his dream by working hard. 5. All students must go to attend _____________(集会) on the first day of every week. 6. Parents must work hard to ___________ (赚;挣得) much money to bring up their children. Reading (2) 使用说明】 【使用说明】1. 10 分钟学生朗读背诵学案。 2. 10 分钟学生讨论并总结用法。 3. 10 分钟老师点拨。 4. 5 分钟巩固背诵。 5. 10 分钟反馈练习。 学习目标】 【学习目标】 掌握 Reading Line 12--32 重点单词、短语及句型的用法并能熟练运用。 1. This is about the average size for British schools. ▲average adj. “平均的”或“平常 的”。 What's the average age of the girls in your class? 你们班上女生的平均年龄是多少? It’s an average essay,so it is not impressive. 这是一篇很普通的论文,故给人的印象 不深刻。 ▲average n. 平均数,一般水平(通常不用复数形式)。 Alice's maths is above the average in the class. 爱丽丝的数学成绩高于班级平均水平。 On (an/the) average,there are twenty boys present every day. 平均说来,每天有二十个 男孩出席。 ▲average vt. 平均达到 The rainfall averages 36 inches a year. 年降雨量平均达到 36 英寸。 2. … was not as heavy as what I used to get in my old school, but it was a bit challenging for me… 1) used to do 过去常常做某事 be used to do 被用来做。。。 be/get used to doing sth./ sth. 习惯于/开始习惯于做。。。 there used to be 某地过去 有某物 There used to be a swimming pool in our town. 我们镇上过去有一个游泳池。 We use knives to cut things. 我们用小刀切东西。 I am used to traveling by air. 我习惯了 乘飞机旅行。 2) a bit 和 a little ▲a bit 和 a little 都可以修饰形容词或副词的原级或比较级。如: It's a bit/a little cold today。今天有点冷。 She is driving a bit/a little faster. 她现在开得 稍快了一点。 ▲a little 可直接加名词而 a bit 须加 of 后才能加名词。如: a little bread:a bit of bread 一点儿面包 a little wood=a bit of wood 一点儿木柴 ▲not a bit 意为“一点不” = not at all,而 not a little 意为“很”表示很多/大,属肯定意思。 如: He is not a bit surprised at the news. 他对此消息一点不吃惊。 He is not a little surprised at the news. 他对此消息非常吃惊。 3)challenge n./v. 挑战 ▲challenging adj. 挑战性的 a challenging task 一项有挑 战性的任务 He challenged me to play another tennis game. 他向我挑战要我跟他再打一场网球。 The present world is full of challenges as well as opportunities. 当今社会充满了机遇与挑 战。 3. …so I could e-mail my family and friends back home for free. ▲free adj. 免费的; 空闲的 a free meal.免费的一餐 ▲for free (= free of charge)免费的 All the students got the books for free. 4. Cooking was really fun as I learned how to buy, prepare and cook food. ▲1) fun n. [U]愉快;开心 adj. 有趣的,奇妙的 (比较:funny adj. 好笑的,滑 稽的) ▲for fun 寻找乐趣;当作玩笑; ▲make fun of 捉弄 I felt unhappy whenever I was made fun of. 无论何时被人嘲笑,总让我不好受。 He spoke it for fun. 他是说着玩的。 ▲2) prepare: v 准备, 预备, 有能力而且愿意 preparation: n. 准备, 预备 prepare for…/prepare…for… make preparations for be prepared for 为…作准备 Doing a part-time job can prepare them for a future career. 打工为大学生将来的工作作好准 备。 Will you help me prepare for the meeting? 你能否帮我为这次会议做准备工作? Have you made preparations for the speech? 你为你的演讲作好准备了吗? 【反馈练习】 Ⅰ. Useful phrases in the text. 1. 对我来说有一点挑战性________________ 2.在过去一年里______________________________ 3. 我最喜爱的老师______________________ 4.英国文学__________________________________ 5. 平均尺寸____________________________ 6. 移到不同的班级___________________________ 7. 在中饭时间__________________________ 8. 给某人发电子邮件_________________________ 9. 另外上一节法语课____________________ 10. 在星期二的晚上__________________________ 11. 在学期末___________________________ 12. 举行一次班级聚会________________________ 13. 学习如何买食物_____________________ 14. 花时间做…______________________________ II. Multiple choices. 1. It was a long time since the girl last saw her parents. No wonder she was not _____ excited when they came. A. much B. greatly C. a little D. a bit 2. _____ it is to skate on real ice! A. What fun B. What a fun C. How a fun D. What funs 3. I’m lucky to have got two tickets _____. Are you _____ to go to the concert with me? A. free B. freely C. for free D. free 4. There _____ a tall tree in front of the building over there, didn’t there? A. was B. would be C. must be D. used to be 5. There’s about 400mm rain fall in this area a year _____ A. on average B. in average C. of average D. for average 6. Do come here earlier next time, _____? A. will you B. do you C. don’t you D. aren’t you 7. He will stay here for _____ and then will go to Hong Kong. A. some time B. some times C. sometimes D. sometime 8. ―Are you a football player? ― _____. A. Yes, I used to. B. No, but I am. C. Yes, but I used to be. D. No, but I used to be 9. Mary realized she ________. A. was playing a joke about B. was making fun C. was being make fun of D. was made fun of 10. As the final examination was coming, the teachers were busy _______ the test papers. A. preparing for B. preparing C. prepared D.prepared for 11.Have you prepared ________ on a trip? A. to go B. going C. for go D.you go 12.---Would you like something to drink? --- No,thanks. I am ________ thirsty. A. a bit B. a little C. not a bit D. not a little III. Word spelling. 1. My favourite teacher was Miss Burke. She was the teacher who taught us English L____________. 2. What ‘s the a___________ temperature in this town during August. 3. We had a lot of f___________ at our English evening. 4. Climing Mount Qomolangma is a c_____________ task to all mountain climbers. 5. Henry has come. I will put an __________ (额外的) plate on the dining-table. 6. Look! They’re p___________ for the coming examination. C____________ was really fun as I learned how to buy, prepare and cook food. Reading (3) 使用说明】 【使用说明】1. 10 分钟学生朗读背诵学案。 2. 10 分钟学生讨论并总结用法。 3. 10 分钟老师点拨。 4. 5 分钟巩固背诵。 5. 10 分钟反馈练习。 【学习目标 掌握 Reading Line 35―45,Reading strategy, Part E, Part F 中的重点单词、短 学习目标】 学习目标 语及句型的用法并能熟练运用。 1. … , but can drop some subjects if they don’t like them. drop vt 放弃,不干; 断绝往来; 有意或无意让….掉下, ( 扔下) vi.掉下, ; 落下,下降 n. 滴; 点 He dropped the letter into the mailbox. 他将信投进了邮箱。 He seems to have dropped most of his friends. 他好像与大多数的朋友不再来往了。 He lifted a rock only to drop it on his own feet. 他搬起石头砸了自己的脚。 A drop of ink may make a million think. 一滴墨水写成的文字可让千万人思索。 drop sb. a line 给某人写封短信; 造访某人 drop in at some place 造访某地 Don’t forget to drop me a line when you are free! 有空时写封信给我! Sorry, we are late-we dropped in at a pub on the way! 不好意思迟到了,我们中途去了 一趟酒吧。 2. I missed Chinese food a lot at lunchtime. miss vt. 想念,思念;错过;未击中;丢失,失去; miss sth./sb./doing missing adj.=lost=gone I was sleeping then, so I’m afraid that I missed part of the speech. Missing the bus means waiting for another half an hour. Being too tired, he narrowly missed running into the tree. 太累了,他差一点撞到树上。 3. When we want to find certain information in a text quickly, we scan the text for key words. certain adj. 某个,某些,某种; 有把握,肯定 be certain that/ to do/ of(about) A certain person called on me yesterday. Certain students like talking in class. I’m certain that he had seen you. I’m certain (sure)of his success. You are certain to be happy with him. 4. First of all, let me introduce myself to you. first of all 首先 ; above all 首要的 First of all I must take the three magazines to Mr. Wang. I shall try first of all to make them change their minds. 5. I do like eating desserts after meals as you mentioned in your article. do 此为助动词,起强调作用。一般强调谓语动词,三种形式 do/ does/did+do 译为“的 此为助动词,起强调作用。一般强调谓语动词, d do, 译为“ 确实” 确,确实” Li lei did go to the party last night. The plane does take off at 8 o’clock tonight. Do come here early. Do be careful while crossing the street. 6. I didn’t realize how different schools in the UK are from schools in China until I read your article 此处为感叹句作宾语 You can’t imagine what difficulty we had in finishing the task. I hope that you can understand how important your wife’s work is. 反馈练习】 【反馈练习】 Ⅰ. Useful phrases in the text. 1.网上 冲浪 6. 拜访某人 2. 想起,想到 7. 逐字逐字地 3. 对。。。有个大概的了解 8. 把。。。传递给某人 4. 有机会做某事 9. 一个丢失的孩子 5. 用。。。作为例子 10. 了解中国的学校 II. Multiple choices 1. Do be careful next time, _____? A. will you B. do you C. don’t you D. aren’t you 2. You can ____ any course you are not attending. A. fall B. drop C. learn D. join 3. It’s a pity that you missed _____ the chance to go abroad for further education. A. to give B. to be given C. giving D. being given 4. It is that Tom will win the game. A. sure B. certain C. surely D. certainly 5. I want to buy a modern and big house. , it should be in a quiet place. A. First of all B. in all C. Above all D. After all 6. ―Tomorrow I will have an important examination. ― I _____ you to succeed. A. hope B. wish C. hope for D. wish for 7. She see she has many ways to make herself _____. A. relaxed B. relaxing C. worried D. worrying 8. Mr. Smith as well as his wife and daughter, _____ to their school twice. A. have gone B. has gone C. have been D. has been 9. ― I’m sorry to have troubled you. ― _____. A. It doesn’t matter. B. Don’t mention it C. All right. D. With pleasure. 10. Would you please him the news? A. not tell B. not to tell C. not telling D to not tell III. Word spelling 1. On hearing the news, Mary went to her uncle’s i . 2. Tom was born in G , but he can’t speak G . 3. To the boss ‘s relief(宽慰), production costs d 5.5 percent last year. atmosphere. 4. He felt relaxed in the 5. Mr. Green is waiting to be i to other guests. (文章) and you will find something you want to know. 6. Read the 7. You can have a rest when you are .(完成) Grammar (1) 【学习目标】 了解定语从句的基本概念和正确辨认定语从句 【使用说明】 1、15 分钟学生阅读并力求理解相关语法讲解 2、10 分钟教师进行语法点 拔 3、15 分钟学生完成巩固练习 4、5 分钟教师核对答案并作重点讲解 定语从句(Attributive Clause) 根据初中所学知识, Ⅰ 根据初中所学知识,请用红笔标出下列表格中的定语 前置定语 my book a seven-day holiday a good holiday a toy factory a developing country a developed country a holiday of seven days something important a country developing fast a book written by Lu Xun a book to be published a book which was written by J.K. Rowling 后置定语定语从句的定义及其作用: Ⅱ 定语从句的定义及其作用: 定语从句是又称形容词性从句,在句子中起定语作用,修饰一个名词或代词,有时也可修饰一 个句子.受定语从句修饰的词叫先行词. 定语从句的作用和作定语的形容词、介词词组、 分词词组相似,有时可以相互转换,例如:金发女孩可译作 a blonde girl ,a girl with blonde hair 或 a girl who has blonde hair。定语从句通常由关系代词 that/ which/ who/ whom/ which/ as 或关系副词 when/ where/ why 引导, 这些词既指代主句中要说明的名词 或代词, 又充当从句中的某个句子成分。定语从句可分为:限制性定语从句和非限制性 定语从句。 定语从句一般都紧跟在它所修饰名词后面,所以如果在名词或代词后面出现一个从句,根 据它与前面名词或代词的逻辑关系来判断是否是定语从句。 Ⅲ 定语从句的必备三要素This is a book which was written by J.K. Rowling. 1先行词(名词或代词) 先行词(名词或代词) 先行词 2关系词 关系词relative pron. (as sub. ,obj. ,pred.)(that指人或物 / which指物 / who(m) 指人 whose) 指人或物 指人/ 指物relative adv. (as adverbial)(when / where / why)3关系词在从句中充当成分 关系词在从句中充当成分找出下列句中的定语从句;分析定语从句三要素 1. You are the right man whom we are looking for. 2. I’ve spent all the money that was given by my parents. 3. I will never forget the day when I joined the party. 4. This is the factory where the machines are made. 关系代词的用法: Ⅳ 关系代词的用法: 关系代词 例 句 that 在从句 指 1)A plane is a machine that can fly.(作主语) 中作主语或 物 2)The noodles (that) I cooked were delicious.(作宾语) 宾语 指 1)Who is the man that is reading the book over there?(作主语) 人 2)The girl (that) we saw yesterday was Jim’s sister.(作宾语) which 在从 指 1)They planted the trees which didn’t need much water.(作主语) 句中作主语 物 2)The fish (which) we bought were not fresh.(作宾语) 或宾语 who,whom 指 1) The foreigner who visited our class yesterday is from Canada. 主语) ( 在从句中分 2)The boy who broke the window is called Tom.(作主语) 人 别作主语或 3)The person to whom you just talked is Mr. Li.(作宾语) 宾语 4)Mrs. Read is the person to whom you should write.(作宾语) what is the name of the boy whose father is a railway worker? whose(所 指人 有格)在定 Please show me the book whose cover is black. 物 语从句中作 定语 Ⅴ 课堂练习 1 找出下列各句中的定语从句,并分析其先行词: 1 The fan that you want is on the desk. 2 The woman you saw in the park is our geography teacher. 3 Here is the girl whose brother works in this shop. 4 That’s the child whose drawing we were looking at just now. 5 This is the boy whose sister is a famous singer. 2 把下列每对句子合并成含有定语从句的主从复合句 1. The man is in the next room. He brought our textbooks here yesterday. 2. The magazine is mine. He has taken it away. 3. The students will not pass the exam. They don’t study hard. 4. The letter is from my sister. I received it yesterday. 5. The play was wonderful. We saw it last night. 6. The train was late. It was going to Nanning. Grammar (2) 【学习目标】 掌握定语从句中关系代词的选择和正确使用 【使用说明】 1、15 分钟学生阅读并力求理解相关语法讲解 2、10 分钟教师进行语法点拔 3、15 分钟学生完成巩固练习 4、5 分钟教师核对答案并作重点讲解 Ⅰ 修饰物体时关系代词 that 和 which 的区分 的情况: ◆ 使用 that 的情况: 1.当先行词是 nothing, something, anything, all, each 等不定代词时。 e.g. Do you have anything that is important to tell me? 2.当先行词被 all, any, some, no, not, every, each 等修饰时。 e.g. I have some books that are very good. 3.当先行词被形容词最高级、序数词所修饰时。 e.g. This is the first book that I bought myself. The biggest bird that I caught is this bird. 4.主句是以 which 或 who 开头的特殊疑问句时 e.g. Which is the bike that you lost? Who is the woman that was praised at the meeting. 5.当先行词在从句和主句中都作表语时,无论先行词是人还是物. e.g. China is no longer the country that she was. 6.如有两个定语从句,其中一个已用 which 引导,另一个宜用 that . e.g. Edison built up a factory which produced things that had never been seen before. 7.在 there be 句型中,只用 that. e.g. He asked for the latest book (that) there is on the subject. 8.当先行词被 the very, the last, the next, the only 等词修饰时。 e.g. This is the very book that I lost yesterday. 9.当先行词又有人又有物时。 e.g. I won’t forget the things and the persons that I saw. 的情况。 ◆ 只能使用 which 的情况。 1、非限制性定语从句中。 e.g. Mary has a book, which is very precious. 2、在介词之后。 e.g. This is a house in which lives an old man. 3、当主句中的主语被 that 修饰时。 e.g. That dog which I found in the street belongs to Mary. Fill in the blanks with suitable relative pronouns. 1. This is the only book _ ___ I got last year. 2. Is this the book in _ __ you are interested? 3. This is the largest animal _ _ Tom saw in the zoo. 4. Rose still remembers the trees and teachers_ __ exist (存在)in the mother school. 5. All the desks _ ___ are bought look really wonderful. 6. Do you have any money _ __is used to build the factory? 7. Tom has a toy, ______was given by his father. 8. This is the second watch __ __ my father bought for me. 的区分。 Ⅱ 修饰人时关系代词 that 和 who, whom 的区分。 1.当主句中的主语是 who 时,只能用 that。 e.g. Who is the girl that is standing over there? 2. 在非限制性定语从句中以及介词后面时只能用 who 或者 whom。 e.g. I have a son, who is really lovely and interesting. There are 40 students in the class, most of whom are boys. 3. 关系代词 whose 既能修饰人,也能修饰物,在定语从句中充当定语,修饰先行词。 e.g. She is the girl whose English sounds very beautiful. Mary has a very good dog, whose hair turns out white and black. ◆ Correct mistakes for the following sentences. 1. Under the big tree are 34 students, many of them come from class two. 2. My mother has a good book, which cover looks terrible. 3. Who are the young girls who are having dinner in the restaurant? 4. She is one of the girls who is very interested in maths. 5. Tom is the only one of the boys who like playing football. 6. Who is the girl that you talked to her just now? 7. This is the very pen that you gave it to me before. 8. There is an old woman, that is holding a stick. Ⅲ 定语从句的省略 1.that 做定从中主语,不可省。 There is a girl that(who) has green hair.. 2 that 做定从中宾语,可省,也可不省。 There is a book (that) you have not read. 3 有 that be/which be 引导的定从,能省就省。 There is a book (that was) borrowed by Mary yesterday. Grammar & Task (3) 【学习目标】 掌握 Grammar& Task 中的重点单词、短语及句型的用法并能熟练运用。 学习目标】 使用说明】 【使用说明】1. 10 分钟学生朗读背诵学案。 2. 10 分钟学生讨论并总结用法。 3. 10 分钟老师点拨。 4. 5 分钟巩固背诵。 5. 10 分钟反馈练习。 Grammar and usage 1. He has recently returned from his studies in China. 他最近刚从中国学习回来。( p9 ) recently adv. lately: Have you seen Anne recently? -When did you arrive? -Recently. My friend, Herbert, always been fat, things got so bad recently that he decided to go on has but a diet. study n. 1) the act of studying one or more subjects: Students now have to spend much more time in study everyday. 2)a subject studied(often pl.): He went abroad to further his studies. You’ve got to give time to your studies.你得在学业上下功夫。 Biotechnology is a new study. 3) a thorough enquiry into ,esp. including a piece of writing on , a particular subject: She has made a study of Shakespeare’ s plays. 4)a room used for studying and work: He was reading in his study. 2. David was one of the most helpful students that we ever had. (p9 ) 大卫是我们这儿最愿意助人为乐的学生之一。 that 引导定语从句,修饰 students,若在 one of 前加 the only,则定语从句修饰 one,从句 的谓语动词需用单数。 ①She is one of the few girls who have passed the examination. ②Mr. Herre is the only one of the foreign experts who works in the company. 3. Upon finishing his studies,he started travelling in China. ( p9 ) 一完成学业,他就开始在中 国旅行。 Upon finishing…=As soon as he finished…,upon 也可换成 on,意为“一……就……”。 ①On reaching the city,he called up Lester. ②I shall write to A.P. Watt on hearing from you. ③On his arrival he went straight to the headmaster. ④Upon his return to his hometown,he went to work in the fields. 4. The paintings that David donated to the school are being displayed in the assembly hall. ( p9 ) 大卫捐给学校的图画正在会厅展出。 are being displayed 是被动语态的进行时,表示正在发生的被动动作 The meeting is being held in the hall and you can go to attend it. Don’t worry.The children are being taken good care of. 6. He will make a speech about his experiences in China. ( p9 ) 他要就他在中国的经历做一个演讲。 make an advance 进步,长进 make a call 打电话 make a change 改变 make an excuse 找借口 make an experiment 做实验 make a face/faces 做鬼脸 make friends 交朋友 make a discovery 发现 make a joke 说笑话 make a journey 旅行 make a mistake 犯错 make a choice 选择 make a search 搜查 make a turn 转弯 make a visit 拜访 7. In attributive clauses,that and which are used to refer to things.( p10 ) 定语从句中,that 和 which 用于指事物。 refer to: 1) speak about: Are you referring to me? In his speech,he didn’t refer to the problem at all. 2) to look at for information: If you have some questions,refer to the guide book/ a dictionary 3) be directed towards: The new law doesn’t refer to land used for farming. 8. I don’t know the name of the teacher who/whom I saw in the computer room the other day. ( p9 ) 我不知道前几天在计算机房看到的那位老师的名字。 the other day 几天前的某一天(与一般过去时连用) another day: some other day 改天(与将来时连用) Mr. Wang came to return money the other day. Your aunt will come to see you another day. We’ll have to do it some other day. some day 有一天,总有一天(与将来时连用) I hope to visit Paris some day. one day 有一天;某一天(与过去时或将来时连用) One day he left home without telling anybody. 9. Besides,I might be reading books in your father’s bookcase instead. (p11) 另外,我也许在你父亲的书橱里读书。 Besides adv. in addition , also: I don’t like those shoes;besides,they’re too expensive. prep. in addition to: Besides good looks,she has a kind heart. 10. You are one of those people who/whom everybody will find hard to please,aren’t you? ( p11 )你是那些人人都会发现难以让其高兴的人之一,不对吗? who/whom 引起定语从句,且在从句中作 find 的宾语,hard 是宾补,状语 to please 与 宾语之间存在逻辑上的动宾关系。 构成 find sb. hard to please 的句式。在主语+be+adj+to do 的结构中,to do 也常与主语存在 逻辑上的动宾关系。 注意: easy, difficult, hard, pleasant, heavy, light, comfortable 注意 用于以上结构的形容词常见的有: 等; ①We found the book difficult to understand. ②Do you think him easy to get along with? ③I’m not a person who is hard to please. ④The question is difficult to answer. 11. I prefer one that has big desks. ( p11 )我喜欢有大课桌的(阅览室)。 prefer vt. to choose (one thing or action )
like better: (prefer sth.) Which do you prefer,rice or bread? (prefer sth. to sth.) She seems to prefer cats to dogs. (prefer doing/to do sth.) I would prefer not to go out today. / (prefer doing…to doing…)I would prefer playing outdoors to watching TV (prefer sb. to do sth.) They preferred their son to go to college. (prefer to do…rather than do…=prefer doing… to doing…) = I prefer to go to the movies rather than stay at home. (prefer+that) Would you prefer that he (should) stay with you? 12. She will be reading newspapers and magazines instead of doing her homework. (p11 ) 她要读 报刊杂志而不是写作业。 will be doing 是将来进行时,表示将来某个时候在做的事,也可表示按计划安排将来要执 行的动作。 ①Will you be seeing the new play this time tomorrow evening? ②I’ll be seeing you next week. Task 1. A programme is a plan of activities to be done or things to be achieved. (p12 ) to be done & to be achieved 不定式被动形式作定语, 表示将要执行的被动动作 The plan to be made is a five-year plan. These are the letters to be posted at once. being done 表示正在发生的被动动作 The bridge being built there will be completed next month. done 表示已完成的被动动作 Here is the 1etter written to you. 2. Dates in a programme are usually presented in a short form to save space. (p12 ) 计划表中的 日期通常以缩写形式出现以节省版面。 present vt. to give (sth. ) away ,esp. at a to offer: I presented the letter of introduction to the receptionist. This report should have been presented much sooner. n. a gift: a birthday present adj. 1)(of a person ) being in the place talked of or understood: A 1ot of students were present at the meeting. 2)existing or in the course of action now: Something must be done about the present situation. space 空间,空白(多为不可数,有时与不定冠词连用); room 空间、地方;只作不可数名词 ①There isn’t much space left. ②Space forbids. ③Wherever it ate grass,there was always a small space left untouched. 3. When comparing,you must read all the information carefully before you make any decisions ( p14 )作比较时,你必须先认真阅读所有信息然后再做出决定。 when comparing = when you compare, when 引起的时间状语从句可以省略为一个短语。 表 主动时用-ing 形式,表被动时用-ed 形式 ①When shopping in the supermarket,she had her wallet stolen.(=when she was shopping) ②When crossing the street,he got hit by a car. (=when he was crossing) ③When completed,this building will be the highest in our city. compare v. (to, with) to examine or judge (one thing) against another in order to show the points of likeness or difference: Compare this one with that,you’ll see the difference . Shakespeare compared the world to a stage. Compared with many people,she was indeed lucky. 4. The more choices you have,the better your final decisions will be. ( p14 ) 你的选择越多,你的最后决定就越好。 ▲“The 十比较级,the+比较级”为固定句式,前―部分为条件状语从句,后―部分为主句。 Note: 以上句式经常采用省略结构。 ①The more I think about it,the 1ess I like it. ②The harder you practise, the greater progress you’ll make. ③The more the better. ④The sooner the better. 5. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. 若有不便,深表歉意。 cause: 过去分词作定语修饰 any inconvenience,表被动 apologize v. (to and / or for ) to express sorrow , as for a fault or causing pain (apologize to sb. for sth.): He apologized to me for stepping on my foot. apology n. a statement expressing sorrow for a fault , causing trouble : make an apology to sb. (say sorry to sb.) cause v. be the cause of (cause…to do sth.): The heavy rain caused the flood. The flood caused the river to rise. What caused her to do so? n. sth. whic a person, thing, or event that makes sth. happen cause, reason cause 表示具有明显因果关系的原因或起因(cause of )The cause of the fire was carelessness. Every effect must have an adequate cause. reason 用于说明某事的理由(reason for) He was fired for no reason. What’s your reason for changing the plan? 【反馈练习】 1、He is the only one of the students who __ a winner of scholarship for three years. A. are B. have been C. is D. has been 2、A new cinema _________ here. They hope to finish it next month. A. will be built B. is built C. has been built D. is being built 3、At this time tomorrow___________ over the Atlantic. A. we’re going to fly B. we’ll be flying C. we’ll fly D. we’re to fly 4、____with the size of the whole earth,the biggest ocean doesn’t seem big at a11. A. Compare B. When comparing C. Comparing D. When compared 5、In recent years travel companies have succeeded in selling us the idea that the further we go, _______________. . A. our holiday will be better B. our holiday will be the better C. the better our holiday will be D. the better will our ho1iday be 6、The manager promised to keep me _____ of how our business was going on . A. to be informed B. informed C. informing D. on informing 7、一听到这个消息,他就哭了。(翻译) 8、作为英语老师,我们应该尽我们所能培养学生学英语的兴趣。(翻译) 9、不要错过这次出国的机会,要不然你会遗憾的。(翻译) Task (1) 【学习目标】 学会用英语进行计划安排、阅读信息比较和写通知 【使用说明】 1、15 分钟学生自学课本 12―17 页 2、10 分钟教师进行点拔说明 3、15 分钟学生完成巩固练习 4、5 分钟教师核对答案并作重点讲解 I. 写出下列单词的缩略形式或英语表达形式 1. 1st January _________ 2. 25th October __________ 3. 3rd September ___________ 4. Monday ___________ 5. Tuesday _____________ 6. Friday __________ 7. 九点半 ________________ 8. 下午六点四十五 _______________________ 9. 八点五十 _______________ 10. 三号楼二零四室 ______________________ 11. 光明高级中学 _________________________________ 12. 有关英语学习的演讲 ___________________________ 13. 大礼堂 _________________________ 14. 艺术节 _____________________ II. Fill in the blanks according to the instructions. More than one word is needed if necessary. 学生会将组织一次英语演讲比赛,通知要点如下: 1、演讲主题:21 世纪的人们 2、参赛办法:每班推选一人参加 3、比赛地点:学校大会议厅 4、比赛时间:9 月 15 日星期三下午 2:00 5、演讲时间:每人限时 5 分钟 Boys and girls, Attention please! We’ve planned an English (1)_______ contest in our school. The contest will be held on (2)______, Wednesday at (3) _______ in the (4) ______. Each (5) _______ may send one speaker. I suggest you should have a class speech contest to choose your best speaker. The topic of the speech is (6) _____________. The time limit to each speech will be (7) _______. Each speaker will (8)_________ finish his or her speech within five minutes. That’s all. Thank you. III. Reading Comprehension: Comparing information. Question Items New Middle-standing Veteran(老教师) (中年教师) 1. Shows a sense of humor in class 42 56 70 2. Explains clearly 33 58 68 3. Teachers in a relaxed manner 30 46 65 4. Writes neatly on the blackboard 9 43 56 5. Lets pupils ask questions in class 18 30 47 6. Makes checks in notebooks 22 30 43 7. Speaks loudly and clearly 45 85 54 8. Treats all pupils equally 43 58 42 9. Cares about pupils opinions 47 43 17 10. Spends time with pupils between class 25 10 6 1. As for Question Items _____, pupils’ evaluations (评价) can be said to rise at a steady (稳定的) rate as their teachers’ experience increases. A. 1 and 4 B. 3 and 5 C. 6 and 8 D. 9 and 10 2. In contrast (对比) to the new teachers, the middle-standing and veteran teachers seem to have made a remarkable (显著的) improvement in the ability (能力) to ______. A. be fair to any pupil B. evaluate pupils progress C. present materials clearly D. understand and play with pupils 3. Pupils seem to regard the new and the middle-standing teachers as being more _____ than the veterans. A. relaxed in class B. interested in pupils’ ideas C. neat in appearance D. skillful at explaining 4. According to the table, which of the following is right? A. In the new teachers’ classes, pupils seem to ask questions more freely. B. Pupils seem to be quite satisfied with the amount of time their teachers spend with them. C. The evaluation of middle-standing teachers is lower than that of the veterans in seven items. D. Though veterans do not play games with pupils during breaks, their teaching is rated (评价) highly. Ⅲ. 如何写通知 通知是上级对下级、 组织对成员或平行单位之间部署工作、 传达事情或召开会议等所使 用的应用文体。 通知的写法有两种, 一种是以布告形式贴出, 把事情通知有关人员, 如学生、 观众等,通常不用称呼;另一种是以书信的形式,发给有关人员,这种通知写作形式同普通 书信,只要写明通知的具体内容即可。通知要求言简意赅、措辞得当、时间及时。 例一:布告形式的通知:通常此类通知上方正中写 notice 或 announcement(通知),发 出通知的单位的具体名称可放在正文前, 也可放在正文后右下角, 发出通知的日期写在左下 处。例如: Notice All professors and associate professors are requested to meet in the college conference room on Saturday, August 18, at 2:00 p. m. to discuss questions of international academic exchanges. Aug. 14, 2005 English Department 通 知 本星期六(8 月 18 日)下午两点,全体教授和副教授在学院会议室开会,讨论国际学 术交流问题,请准时出席。 英语系 2005 年 8 月 14 日 例二:书信形式的通知 Dear examinee, The exam on July 6 will be cancelled because of the flood. Please wait for further information. We are very sorry for that. Principle: John Smith. 诸考生: 原定六月六日的考试因为洪水将被取消,请等待进一步的消息。由此带给您的不便,我 们深表歉意。 校长:约翰史密斯 Unit 2 Growing pains(附练习答案) (附练习答案)学习目标预览Words: vacation n. 假期,休假 curtain n. 窗帘 sink n. 水池,水槽,洗碗池 garbage [U] 垃圾 leave vt. 使……处于某种状态,听任 forbid v. (forbad(e), forbidden) 禁止 scene n.(戏剧的)一场;场面;景色 grandparent n. 祖父(母);外祖父(母) mark n. 分数;标志;记号 period n. 时间段,时期,阶段 selfish adj. 自私的 suggest v. 建议;暗示,使想起 suggestion n. 建议 behaviour n. 行为 behave v. (行为或举止)表现 interest v. 使……感兴趣 interesting adj. 有趣的,有意思的 interested adj.感兴趣的 explain v. 解释 explanation n. 解释 touch v. 触摸 touched adj. 感动的 touching adj. 感人的,令人感动的 explain v. 解释 explanation n. 解释 reason n. 理由 reasonable adj. 合乎情理的 unreasonable adj. 不合乎情理的 punish v. 惩罚 punishment n. 惩罚 unpunished adj. 免受惩罚的 go unpunished 没受惩罚 bore v. 使厌倦 bored adj. 感到厌倦了的 boring adj. 令人厌倦的 mix v. 混合;混淆 mixture n. 混合物 value n. 价值 valuable adj. 宝贵的,有价值的 n. 贵重物品 valueless adj. 不值钱的,没有价值的 argue v. 争论 argument n. 议论,争论,论点 freedom n. 自由 free adj. 自由的;有空的 true adj. 真诚的,真实的 truly adv. Useful expressions: be supposed to do sth. 应该做……,被期待做某事 be in charge of sth. 负责某事 be in one’s charge / be in the charge of sb. 由某人负责 punish sb. for sth. /for doing sth 因(做)某事而惩罚某人 argue with sb. about/over sth. 与某人争论某事,就某事和某人争吵 be upset about / over sth. 为……而感到心烦意乱 make a difference 产生差异,使有所不同,起重要作用 forbid sb. to do sth. / forbid sb. from doing doing 禁止某人做某事 What’s up? 怎么了? be hard on sb. 对某人苛刻 in the form of a dialogue 以对话的形式 should have done sth. 本应该做某事而未做 followed by a big dog 身后跟着一条大狗 go unpunished 饶过;没被惩罚 can’t wait to do sth. 迫不及待地做某事 have one’s arms crossed 双臂交叉 turn up the radio a little 把收音机音量开大一点 leave out 漏掉 after all 毕竟;别忘了 at present 目前,当前 like crazy 发疯似地,拼命地 do sth. like crazy 疯狂地干某事 in one’s spare time 在某人业余时间里 keep sth. in mind 牢记…… be meant to be / mean … to be 本意为 in a mess 处于混乱状态 go out (灯)熄灭 now that 既然,由于 get the room tidied up 把房间整理好 the only child 独生子 not … any more 不再,再也不 have a good laugh over 对……大加嘲笑 be related to 和……有关系 Internet café 网吧 stay up late 不睡觉,熬夜到很晚 be proud of 以……为自豪 stay up late 不睡觉,熬夜到很晚 take / follow one’s advice 接受某人的忠告 waste some time doing sth. 浪费时间做某事 I. Vocabularydo with 处理 insist on 坚持 clean up 收拾干净 deserve to do sth. 配得上做某事 as though 似乎,好像 mix up 混淆,混合 of great value 有很大价值 be proud of 以……为自豪 fail (in) the Maths test 没有通过数学测试 take / follow one’s advice 接受某人的忠告 fail (in) the Maths test 没有通过数学测试 prevent sb. from doing sth.阻止某人做某事 refuse to do sth. 拒绝做某事surprise vt. 使惊奇,是震惊 [U] 惊奇,诧异 [C] 使人吃惊的事,出人意料 surprised adj.“感到惊讶的”,指某人对某事感到震惊 surprising adj. “使人惊奇的;惊人的”,事物本身令人惊讶则用 surprising [搭配 搭配]be surprised at … 对……感到吃惊 搭配 in surprise 惊奇地 to one’s surprise 使某人吃惊的是 1. ______ ( surprise ) at the ________ (surprise ) news, the _______ (surprise ) student said with a _________ (surprise ) look, “It’s really very ________ (surprise )”. 2. The ______ look on his face suggested he ______ that. A. wouldn’t have expected B. hadn’t expected C. would expect D. hadn’t expected 3. 使我感到惊奇的是,我父亲对这个令人震惊的消息并不感到惊讶。 __________________________________________________________________. do with 处理 What … do with … 如何处理;如何摆置;对付 注意: 连用。 注意:deal with 和 how 连用。 CCC What have you done with my pen? CCC Put it away. “你把我的钢笔弄到哪里去了?” “收起来了。” How do you deal with it and what should I do with it? 你是怎样处理这件事的?我又该怎 么处理? 你打算如何处理这么多废纸? __________________________________________________________________. charge 用法 charge v. 要价,要求收费;索价;将(电池)充电;*指控;猛攻; n. “收费,费用,价钱”,charge 是普通用语,泛指生活个方面所花费的“价 钱、费用”,尤指某种服务的费用。 charge 构成的短语: 构成的短语: charge sb some money for … 因为某物收某人多少钱 free of charge 免费的,免除了……的费用 ( = for free ) in charge of“负责……,管理……”,表示主动意义,of 的宾语是所管理的事物。 in / under the charge of …“在……的管理下,由……负责”。 of 后只能接管理者。(= in one’s charge) I charged two dollars for repairing the bike, but he didn’t have that money on him. He had no money and the doctor promised to treat him free of charge. 尽管他没有钱,但医 生答应给他免费治疗。 I’ll be in charge of the whole factory next week when the director was away. Can I have a word with the doctor in charge of the operation? 我可以和负责这次手术的 大夫说句话吗? 那个饭店一间房一个晚上收了我 50 元。 ____________________________________________________________________. 杰克是负责这个项目的工程师。 ____________________________________________________________________. fault 多指性格、品质上的弱点、行为上的过失,强调过失应负的责任。 It’s sb’s fault. 是某人的错。 find fault with sb.挑剔某人的毛病;找某人的茬 “这是我的责任,不是你的责任。”(fault) “The fault lies with me, not with you.” CCC Whose fault is it that we are late? CCC It’s not my fault. “我们迟到是谁的过错啊?” “错不在我。” He is always finding fault with me [ the way I do things]. 他总是对我[的作法]百般挑剔。 go out ① 外出,出门 ②(火、灯)熄灭 Can I go out to play, Mom? 妈,我可去外面玩吗? 昨晚我们正在做作业,突然灯灭了。 __________________________________________________________________. no longer = not … any longer“(时间)不再(长),(动作)不再(持续)”,修饰 延续性动词或表示状态的持续动词 no more = not … any more“(数量)不再(多);(程度)不再(深);(动作)不 “ 再(反复)(= not …again)”,可与延续性动词或非延续性动词连用 Shenzhen is no longer what it used to be. 深圳不再是以前的深圳了。 Tom will no longer study French. = Tom will not study French any longer / more. = Tom will study French no more. 汤姆不再学法语了。 Lily can ride her bike now. She doesn’t fall off her bike any more. 现在莉莉能起自行车了, 她不再从自行车上摔下来了。 be hard on somebody 对某人严厉、对某人苛刻,够……受 His father is strict with him or even hard on him. 他父亲对他要求很严,甚至很苛刻。 对这个小男孩不要太严厉了, 他不是故意这么做的。 Don’t ______ ______ ______ he didn’t ______ ______ do it. now that 既然 She has a very heavy responsibility now that she has to take care of her younger brother after her father’s death. Now that I have read the article about wildlife chain, I understand why you make a study of it. Ex. 1. ______ you’ve got a chance, you might as well make full use of it. (1999 全国 全国) A. Now that B. After C. Although D. As soon as 2. I’d better go and have a try ______ there is an advertisement for a traveling salesman. A. where B. so that C. though D. now that 3. Unlike watching TV, reading is a highly active process (过程) ________ it requires attention as well as memory and imagination. (2005 江苏 江苏) A. until B. but C. unless D. for 4. ______ he has been trained every day, his football skills have been picked up. A. For B. Since C. If D. Though bore v. 使(人)厌烦,使厌倦,烦扰,无聊 n. 令人讨厌的人或事 bore sb. with sth. 用某事去烦某人 boring adj. 令人厌烦的,乏味的 bored adj. 无趣的,烦人的,(对某人/某事)厌倦的 be/get bored with sb/sth 对……感到厌倦 The long speech bored us all. 那冗长的演讲使我们都感到厌烦。 a boring job/book/evening 无聊的工作/书/夜晚 There was a bored expression on her face. 他脸上有一种厌倦的表情。 Are you bored with my story? 我的话使你感到厌烦吗? 1. Ex. Mr. Smith, A. boring C. bored of the speech, started to read a novel. B. bored D. boringstay up 熬夜;挺住,没有倒塌 熬夜;挺住, The Senior Three students often stayed up far into the night going over their lessons. They must make sure that the bridge will stay up in earthquakes. after all 有两个含义: 有两个含义: 1)“要知道,别忘了……”,用来进一步说明或提醒对方。 Of course he was quite rude that day, but after all, he is your brother. In my opinion, we should not punish him. After all, he is only a child of seven years old. Why don’t you ask her for help? After all, she is always ready to help others. 我想我们应当让她独自去度假。(要知道)她毕竟已经十五岁了,不再是个小孩了。 ________________________________________________________________________. 2)“虽然……,但毕竟……终究,到底”。 Although they met with some difficulties, they managed to complete the project after all. 虽 然遇到了一些困难,但毕竟他们完成了项目。 Mathilde thought it was a diamond necklace, but it wasn’t a real one after all. So you’ve come ________ (毕竟) . Ex. 1. People may have different opinions about Karen, but I admire her. _______, she is a great musician.(2004 全国卷 IV) A. After all B. As a result C. In other words D. As usual She is not to blame. ______ she is a _______ girl. A. A five-year-old B. I five years old C. A five-years-old D. I five-year-old 3. Mary failed to pass the maths examination, but she had tried her best __________. A. as well B. after all C. in return D. at all mix vt. & vi. 混合;拌和,搀和, 使(人、物)与……结合 混合;拌和,搀和, ……结合 mix … with/and … 把……与……混合 ……与……混合 Put the flour, eggs, and milk into a bowl and mix them together. 把面粉、鸡蛋和牛奶放进 碗里,然后把它们搅匀。 mix up 搅匀,使充分地混合;使混淆 搅匀,使充分地混合;使混淆(confuse or mistake),搞混,弄混 ,搞混, It’s easy to mix him they’re very much alike. Some people don’t think English learning should be started from childhood. If young children study Chinese pinyin and English at the same time, it will be very easy for them to mix them up. mixed adj. 混合的;男女混合的 混合的; mixture n 混合;混合物 interest vt.“使感兴趣” n. 兴趣,爱好;利益 interesting adj.“有趣的”“有意思的” interested adj.“有兴趣的”“感兴趣的” be/become interested in … 对……感兴趣 show/feel/have an interest in … 对……有兴趣 lose one’s interest in …对……失去兴趣 a place of interest 名胜 History interests him. 历史使他产生了兴趣。 Can you tell me why he is not interested in such an interesting problem? as if / as though “似乎,仿佛,好象” 2. He acted as if nobody was around. 他表演着,旁若无人的样子。 Tim sounded as if he had a cold. 蒂姆听起来像是患了感冒。 It is very cloudy, It looks as if it is going to rain. 天上乌云密布,看来要下雨了。 表示的意义与现在的事实相反时,从句动词用过去式表示虚拟语气, 当 as if/as though 表示的意义与现在的事实相反时,从句动词用过去式表示虚拟语气, be 常用 were。例如: 。例如: They look very much like each other as if they were twins. 表示的意义与过去的事实相反时, 从句动词要用& 过去分词& 当 as if/though 表示的意义与过去的事实相反时, 从句动词要用&had +过去分词&表示 虚拟语气。例如: 虚拟语气。例如: Jack seems happy as if he hadn’t lost his bike. as if / as though 用在省略句中: 用在省略句中: as if 之后除了连接从句外,还可接名词、动词不定式、形容词(短语)、介词短语和分 词。这时,也可把其看作是从句中省略了与主句中相同的主语和从句中的谓语动词 be 而得 来的。例如: She hurriedly left the room as if angry. She stood at the door as if waiting for someone. She opened her lips as if to say something. Ex. 1. She had a tense expression on her face, ______ she were expecting trouble. A. even though B. as though C. now that D. in case 2. When a pencil is partly in a glass of water, it looks as if it ________. A. breaks B. has broken C. were broken D. had been broken 3. The badly wounded soldier slowly opened his lips as if ______ something. A. to say B. said C. he had said D. was saying 4. The actor threw himself from the horse, as if _________. A. to be shot B. being shot C. shooting D. shot insist on sth. / doing sth“坚决要求;坚持某事或做某事” I insist on an early reply. She insisted on going to Africa to study the animals there, even though her family asked her not to. insist 作及物动词时,后跟 that-clause, 从句中的动词形式因 insist 的意思不同而不同: 作及物动词时, 的意思不同而不同: ①… (should) do …/ (should) be done“坚持应该干……”(虚拟语气) (从句中用 should 或省略 should, 这时 insist 可被 order 代替) insist that … ②句中的动词用直陈语气,可根据需要选用任何时态。 (insist“坚持某种观点,坚持说”;这时 insist 表示坚持一个事实, 一个主张或想法,insist 可被 say,think 等动词代替) We all insist that we not rest until we finish the work. All of them insisted the murderer be sentenced to death. He insisted that his method was correct. 老师坚决要求我们在朗读课文上花一点功夫。(用 insist that…和 insist on…) ① ________________________________________________________________. ② ________________________________________________________________. Ex. It was no use trying to give explanations. They insisted ______ the project ahead of time. A. you to complete B. that you completed C. on your completing D. completing 2. The woman asked for the money, but the man dressed in blue insisted that he _______ his debts. A. should pay B. paid C. pays D. had paid 3. The doctor insisted that Mrs White ______ more exercise to keep fit, but Mrs White insisted that she ______ all right. A. was B. was C. be D. should be suggest sth./doing sth. He suggested London for their meeting. 他建议在伦敦开会。 He suggested her going to a science college. 他建议她上一所理科大学。 …(should ) do …(建议) suggest that suggest 作“表明,透漏,使想起”解时,从句中的谓语动词用陈述 语气 I suggest that he (should) go to see a doctor. 我建议他去看医生。 She suggested that a meeting be held to discuss it. 她提议召开会议讨论此事。 What does the word “black” suggest to you? “黑”这个词使你联想到什么? Her expression suggested that she was angry. 她的表情说明她在生气。 It is suggested that …从句中同样用虚拟语气。 从句中同样用虚拟语气。 从句中同样用虚拟语气 It is suggested that some measures (should) be taken to protect the wildlife. 后面的表语从句或同谓语从句中的谓语动词也需要用虚拟语气。 名词 suggestion 后面的表语从句或同谓语从句中的谓语动词也需要用虚拟语气。 My suggestion is that we should send a few students to help the other groups. What do you think of Li Lei’s suggestion that we should put on a play at the English evening? 校长建议把运动会推迟(put off)到下周。 ____________________________________________________________________. 他看我的那种方式表明他不相信我的话。 ____________________________________________________________________. 改错 1. 我建议运动会延期举行。 I suggest to put the sports meet off. 2. 他建议我们再一次游览长城。 [ 误 ] He suggested us to visit the Great Wall again. 3. 他建议立即动工。 He suggested that the work was started at once. 4. 她那苍白的面孔,表明她身体很不健康。 Her pale face suggested that she should be in bad health. Ex. 1. The place he ______ is quite far from here. A. suggested hold the meeting C. suggested holding the meeting B. suggested to hold the meeting D. suggested should hold the meeting1. CCC How do you we go to Beijing for our holidays? CCC I think we’d better fly there. It’s much more comfortable. A. insist B. want C. suppose D. suggest 3. _______ has been suggested is that we ________ there much earlier than planned. A. W be B. T will be C. It; should be D. W would be 4. The smile on the old man’s face suggested that he ______ satisfied with the results. A. is B. should be C. was D. would be crazy adj. 热衷的,着迷的,疯狂的,蠢的 热衷的,着迷的,疯狂的, It was crazy of you to go skating on such thin ice. 到那样薄的冰上去溜冰,你真是疯了。 Last night the wind was blowing fiercely. It seemed that the whole world was going crazy. 昨天夜里,风刮得很厉害,似乎整个世界都变得疯狂了。 like crazy“发疯似地,疯狂地,拼命地,非常迅速的” We are working like crazy to get the work done on time. There is only one day left before it must be finished. 我们不得不拼命开车,以便准时赶到那里。 ________________________________________________________________. spare ① adj. 闲暇的;备用的,(时间、金钱等)剩余的 ② vt. 腾出(人手、时间等);抽出时间,分出/匀出(多余的东西),挤出,抽出(时 间等)。(可以接双宾语。) in one’s spare time 在业余时间里 a spare tyre 备用轮胎 a spare room 备用房间 spare parts 备用零件 spare no effort 不遗余力 Mr. Smith, can you spare me a few minutes? 史密斯先生,能耽搁你一会吗? Spare the rod and spoil the child. [谚]孩子不打不成器,娇养忤逆儿;省了棍子坏了孩子。 to spare “剩余的”,常用作后置定语 剩余的” We have just enough money to buy it, with 11 pence to spare. 我们刚好有足够的钱买下 它,还剩 11 个便士。 Ex. 1. I’m very busy these days. I haven’t a minute to ________. A. spend B. spare C. save D. share 2. They started off late and got to the airport with minutes to _______. (2005 湖北) 湖北 A. spare B. catch C. leave D. make 3. Let Harry play with your toys as well, Clare CCC you must learn to ______. A. support B. care C. spare D. share forbid vt. 禁止,不准;阻止 forbid sth / doing sth. 禁止(做)某事” forbid sb doing sth forbid sb sth. (跟双宾语) forbid sb. to do sth 禁止某人做某事 forbid sb from doing sth 禁止某人做某事 forbid sb’s doing sth (跟动名词的复合结构作宾语)2. forbid that …should do …(从句中的谓语动词需用虚拟式) Her father forbade their marriage. 她父亲禁止了他们的婚姻。 Smoking is strictly forbidden in chemical factories or gas stations. The doctor forbad the patient with liver trouble to drink any wine. 医生禁止那位有肝病的 病人喝酒。 The dentist has forbidden him from eating/to eat sweets. 牙医禁止他吃糖。 I forbid you the use of my dictionary. 我不许你用我的字典。 不经允许不准在阅览室抽烟。(forbid) ______________________________________________________________________. II. Focuses in the texts: Mom and Dad arrived back from vacation a day earlier than expected. (page 22, line 2) 爸爸和妈妈外出度假,比孩子们预计的时间提前一天返回家中。 than expected 意思是“比预期的,比预料的” There were more men who died in the air crash than reported. 在飞机坠毁中死亡的人数比 报道的要多。 expect vt.“期望,指望,期待;预期,预料” sth. to do sth. expect sb. to do sth. sth. from sb. that-clause so./ not. We were expecting you at eight, but you didn’t turn up. 我们预计你八点钟来的, 但是你 没有来。 He is a selfish man. You can’t expect too much from him. How can you expect to make progress if you don’t work hard? 你不下苦功怎么能指望取得 进步? I expect him to pass the college entrance exam. 我预料他会通过高考考试。 --- Will it rain tomorrow? “明天会不会下雨吗?” --- I expect so (not). “我想是 (不是)。” Ex. 1. He came back ______ later than ________. A. expecting B. expected C. expected D. to be expected 2. Does this meal cost $50? I ______ something far better than this! A. prefer B. expect C. suggest D. suppose 3. CCC Do you think the Stars will beat the Bulls? CCC Yes. They have better players, so I ______ them to win. A. hope B. prefer C. expect D. want Eric runs in after it, followed by a dog, walking very slowly. 埃里克跑进起居室追足球, 身后跟出一条大狗,走路慢吞吞的 Here followed by …is the past participial phrase, used as adverbial of manners, which means ‘Eric is followed by a big dog’; Walking is the present participle form of the verb walk, which shows what the dog is doing. a. The manager came in, _____ (follow) by the secretary, who was holding the files needed for the meeting. b. The secretary came in, _____ (follow)the manager. He put on his coat and appeared on the stage, ______ (dress) as a policeman. He sat on the sofa, ______ (read) his favourite novel. _____ (talk) and ______ (laugh), they came into the classroom. Please fill in this form, ______ (give) your name, address, etc. Ex. 1. _____ his father, Wang Lin entered the room, ______ by his two brothers. A. F follow B. F follow C. F following D. F followed 2. There was a terrible noise ______ the sudden burst of light. A. followed B. following C. to be followed D. being followed 3. Mother sat there, silent, ______ of her past. A. to think B. thought C. thinking D. was thinking 4. He is a student at Oxford University, ______ for a degree in computer science. A. studied B. studying C. to have studied D. to be studying 5. As the light turned green, I stood for a moment, not ______, and asked myself what I was going to do. A. moved B. moving C. to move D. being moved … you weren’t supposed to come here until tomorrow! 你们不是应该明天才回来的吗? be supposed to (something) is expected to happen according to the arrangement“(按照规 定、习惯、安排等)应该(做),理应”“被期待”。有时含有“本来应该如何如何,但事 实并非如此。”之意。 The sports meeting was supposed to take place on Tuesday, but we had to postpone it due to the bad weather. The door, although supposed to be open, is now locked. 门,本应该开着,现在却关着。 我们本来应该八点钟到达这里,而我们却迟到了。 ____________________________________________________________________. You are not supposed to smoke on the bus. 你不可以在公共汽车上抽烟。 不定式有时用进行形式或完成形式: 不定式有时用进行形式或完成形式: She was supposed to be reading at home, but her mother found her in the park. 她本来应该 在家里读书的,可是她妈妈却发现她在公园。 This isn’t what we are supposed to be discussing. 这不是我们应该正在讨论的。 Ex. 1. CCC You should apologize to her, Barry. CCC ______, but it’s not going to be easy. (2007 浙江 浙江) A. I suppose so B. I feel so C. I prefer to 2. The train _______ arrive at 1:30, but it was an hour late. A. was about to B. was likely to C. was supposed to D. was certain to 3. CCC Why didn’t you keep your words, Billy? D. I like to CCC Sorry, dear. But I really forgot where I was ______ to meet you. A. demanded B. imagined C. supposed D. guessed 4. The professor also mentioned an article _______ by Zhu Ziqing. A. supposed to have been written B. supposed to be written C. supposing to have been written D. supposing to be written The money with which you were to buy dog food is gone, but Spot looks so hungry! (page 22, lines 13 C 14) 让你们用来买狗食的钱已经花光了,可是斑点看上去还是这么饿! 不定式” “be + 不定式”结构 表示“将来的安排,将来的计划, 一、表示“将来的安排,将来的计划,按计划或安排将要发生的事情 I’m to have tea with Betty this afternoon. 今天下午我将与贝蒂一起喝茶。 The train is to arrive in Xuzhou at 10:25 a.m.. 这趟火车将于 10:25 到达徐州。 The children are to buy some new clothes for the coming Spring Festival. 春节将至, 孩子门 将买几件新衣服. 明天早晨八点我们将在校门口集合。 ____________________________________________________________________. 表示“命令/指示、禁止、职责、义务、同意、决定、某事应当/ 二、表示“命令/指示、禁止、职责、义务、同意、决定、某事应当/必须如何做 ( = be to indicates something should / ought to be done)等 ” 等 You are to call your mother to let her know you have safely arrived when you reach the destination. You are to go to the hotel where rooms have already been booked for you. 你们就去旅馆, 房间已经给你们订好了。 This door is not to be opened. 此门不得打开。 你所借的图书应当于 7 月 5 日前归还。The books you borrowed ______ ______ ______ ______ before July 5. Ex. 1. “You are _________ all your homework before you leave school,” said the teacher. A. to finish B. finishing C. finished D. finish 2. Our TV sets sell well, but ten years ago no one could have imagined such a big share in the market that they __________. A. were having B. had had C. were to have D. had 3. If you ________ be in time for the early bus, be sure to get up before five o’clock in the morning. A. are to B. are about to C. are going to D. are due to 4. In a room above the store, where a party _______, some workers were busily setting the table. A. was to be held B. has been held C. will be held D. is being held 5. He traveled to many mountain villages and saw many poor children out of school. This experience _______ his life. A. would change B. had changed C. was to change D. was changing This is not a family where bad behavior goes unpunished and you … (pages 22 C 23, lines 28 C 29) 这个家可不是一个对不良行为听之任之的地方,而你…… 这个家可不是一个对不良行为听之任之的地方,而你…… go unpunished In the phrase go unpunished, go is a linking verb meaning ‘be or remain in a particular and usually undesirable state’. 不受惩罚 go + 过去分词 Her decision went unchallenged. 她的决定未引起异议。 Her complaints went unnoticed. 他的抱怨未引起注意。 It is necessary not to let errors go uncorrected. 有了错误就必须纠正。 go 连系动词 “变,变成”,后多跟形容词作表语,表示主语由好变坏,或由正常情况 变成特殊情况。还可以跟有关颜色的形容词。 become 和 get 的变化可以是由好变坏,也可以是由坏变好。 的变化可以是由好变坏,也可以是由坏变好。 go wrong / cold / hard / red / mad / blind / bad / hungry 出毛病 / 变冷 / 变硬 / 变红 / 发疯 / 变瞎 / 变坏 / 挨饿 Many people are still going hungry all over the world. 世界上很多人仍在挨饿。 My father went grey when he was in his late thirties. 我父亲不到四十岁就两鬓斑白了。 He went pale at the news. 听到这消息他脸色发白。 他听到这个消息时几乎发疯了。 _________________________________________________. Ex. 1. On hearing the news of the accident in the coal mine, she A. got B. changed C. went D. appearedpale.Listen to me young man ---remember the day when we left you in charge? 听我说年轻 人――还记得那一天我们将这个家委托你负责的吗? leave 用作使役动词,表示“使某人/某物继续处于某种状态,听任,让……做……” 用作使役动词,表示“使某人/某物继续处于某种状态,听任, ……做 , 其后可以接名词、形容词、副词、介词短语、现在分词、过去分词、 其后可以接名词、形容词、副词、介词短语、现在分词、过去分词、不定式等作宾语的补 足语,构成“ 复合宾语”结构。 足语,构成“leave + 复合宾语”结构。 Jack’s father died, leaving him an orphan. 杰克的父亲去世了,使他成为孤儿。 Who was it that left the door open? 是谁让门开着? The boys ran out, leaving all the lights on. He left his son in charge of the shop. The poor farmer died, leaving his wife and three children in poorer conditions. Don’t leave your friend waiting outside. Let her in. Her mother walked off and left her sitting there all by herself, crying. 她妈妈走了,让她一个人孤零零地坐在那里哭泣。 He hurried off after receiving a phone call, leaving all his work half done. Better leave it unsaid. [谚] 话还是不讲出来为好。 Leave future to take care of itself. 让未来自然发展。 She left me to take care of the baby. 她托我照顾她的婴儿。 Eric sits on his bed looking at Daniel, who has his arms crossed and looks angry. (page 23, lines 36 C 37) 埃里克坐在床上,瞧着双臂交叉、一脸怒气的丹尼尔。 looking at Daniel 为现在分词短语,在句中作伴随状语,表示与主句同时发生的动作。 He sat there doing his homework. writing his composition. 等汽车。________________. 看报。__________________. 观看女学生打篮球。____________________________________. She finished all her work, feeling quite relaxed. 她完成了全部工作,感到松了一口气。 The children reviewed their lessons in the classroom, reading, writing or listening to the tape. 孩子们在教室里复习功课,读书,写字或听录音。 have sth done 有“主语请求别人做某事”和表示主语“遭遇某种(不幸的)事情”等 主语请求别人做某事”和表示主语“遭遇某种(不幸的)事情” 多种意思。 多种意思。 The Smiths had/got their house painted yesterday. 史密斯一家昨天请人油漆了房屋。 CCC Your skirt wants/needs washing, Mary. CCC Yes. I’m going to have it washed tomorrow. Mary had her purse/watch stolen on the bus yesterday. Would you please have the window closed? Ex. The secretary worked late into the night, _______ a long speech for the president. A. to prepare B. preparing C. prepared D. was preparing The visiting Minister expressed his satisfaction with the talks, ________ that he had enjoyed his stay here. A. having added B. to add C. adding D. added 3. My wife is planning to have the furniture ________ light green. A. paint B. painted C. painting D. to paint 4. I have a composition _______ this afternoon and I won’t have my hair ___________. A. cut B. cut C. to cut D. to cut 5. CCC Did Peter fix the computer himself? CCC He ______, because he doesn’t know much about computers. A. has it fixed B. had fixed it C. had it fixed D. fixed it We feel you should not have done that. (page 24) 我们觉得你真不应该这样做。 should/ ought to have done sth 意为“本来应该干 意为“本来应该干……,但未……” ,但未……” shouldn’t/ oughtn’t to + have done sth “本来不应该做 本来不应该做……却做了” 却做了” 却做了 I wonder why she hasn’t written to us lately. We should have heard from her by now. I ought to have phoned Jack this morning, but I forgot. She shouldn’t have left the hospital so soon, for she had not yet recovered He didn’t attend the meeting. He shouldn’t have been absent, because he knew how important the meeting was. Ex. 1. I told your friend how to get to the hotel, but perhaps I ______ have driven her there. A. could B. must C. night D. should 2. Mr. White _________ at 8:30 for the meeting, but he didn’t’ show up.(2004 全国 全国) A. should have arrived C. should have had arrived B. should arrive D. should be arriving3. CCC Jack _____ taken to the hospital immediately. CCC ________, but all efforts made no difference. A. So he was B. So he ought to C. So he did D. So he was 4. CCC My cat’s really fat. CCC You ______ have given her so much food. (2007 浙江 浙江) A. wouldn’t B. couldn’t C. shouldn’t D. mustn’t I still wish we could go and see a film tomorrow though! (page 31) 但我还是希望明天 能去看电影。 能去看电影。 though adv.“然而,可是,但是”,用于句末补充说明,使语气削弱。 We lost the game. We learned a lot from it though. This is the third time that Jack has failed the driving test. He is not discouraged, though. 作连词和副词的用法: 比较下列句子中 though 作连词和副词的用法: Though it was raining hard, the players didn’t stop the game. It was raining hard. The players didn’t stop the game, though. Ex. 1. Though he is in his sixties, _____ he works as hard as a young man. A. yet B. but C. and D. and yet 2. CCC You don’t seem to be quite yourself today. Anything the matter? CCC I’m suffering from a cold. Not

我要回帖

更多关于 place是可数名词吗 的文章

随机推荐