“I had a driving lesson”“i have a cookingfailure 0 lesson” 为什么这里had have后面的动词

Something i Learned From a Bad Experience Free Essays
Final Reflective Essay on Teaching and Learning
I have learned three things from my student teaching... experience: effective
pedagogy, classroom management, and humility. In this expository essay I will
briefly explain each of the above-mentioned and explain why it is important.
Among foreign language teachers, there is debate about how to most effectively
teach. The debate can be simplified to two pe grammarbased
vs. immersion-based.
The grammar approach to learning a foreign...
Raymond Morris
What I Have Learned
There are many life lessons that I have learned the hard... way from this situation. I have learned who my true friends are, what a real family is, drugs are just a mask for feelings inside, what people really think about me, and I’ve learned the right way to live a life. The sad part of all this is it took something this significant for me to have a reality check.
In life there are two types of friends, true friends who actually care about you and the ones...
What I’ve learned from Men
Is it true that women could learn some useful things from men?
And is it right that... women are always responsible for every interaction? Is it their responsibility to keep the conversation going well? Also, are women too polite in situations so men take advantage of them? And many other ques they might or might not be true. Every gender has his/her opinio males could answer these questions differently from females. According...
Reflective Essay
When the semester began I... thought to my knowledge that my writing was that of good quality. Though I had a good basic understanding of the format of an essay or letter I still had a lot to learn. My writing changed in many ways such as learning to eliminate unnecessary wording in my thesis, the use of synonyms, analyzing quotes and writing abstract to concrete thoughts or ideas. This Class...
Overcoming Life’s Obstacles
Does a bad experience as a child determine one’s future? I refused to let... planers choose who I was going to be. When I was child, I experienced some real traumatic situations growing up, my family and society’s statistics labeled me as if I would not have a successful future. My family often said to me, ”you will never be anything in life”. “You will end up in prison or dead.” Society’s statistics labeled my future as one that would involve in depression and poor...
years ago and I am still regretting my past behavior towards him. We had a turboulos relationship . I was a bit rebellious...
during my adolescent years, and moved out when I was only seventeen.. Now I can say,
that I had the best and most wonderful father in the world.
He was one of those father, that will give, and provide all your wishes ,and much more, his time,efforts ,and loving heart.
* -------------------------------------------------
Back then, I thought that he was a bad father because...
Christy Conyers
What I Learned from Walter Murch
Walter Murch has been working in Hollywood... as a sound and film editor since 1969 when he started on Francis Coppola’s film, The Rain People. Since then he has edited sound on American Graffiti (1973), The Godfather: Part II (1974), won his first Academy Award nomination for The Conversation (1974), won his first Oscar for Apocalypse Now (1979), and won an unprecedented double Oscar for sound and film editing for his work on...
How I had to learn to swim.
Learning something new for me can usually be somewhat of an experience... that’s
frightening for me at various times in
my life. One of the most difficult things
that I had
to do was learn how to swim because I was pushed into a pool when I was around 12 or
13 years old and it scared the daylights out of me. I was afraid of deep waters, but after
pushed into the pool as horseplay from my friends, I came to the conclusion that I
No matter how much I inquired about high school and told of the life of high school by older friends and some family members, I... could never have been completely prepared. No book of advice or voice of wisdom can prepare another for the situations and feelings encountered in high school. I can hardly narrow down the three most important lessons that I learned in possibly the four most difficult, unbelievable, and thrill but, I'll try.
Being the oldest sibling, and having parents...
Raeanne LaBrosse
I saw the play, How I learned to Drive on the last day. I kind of wish they had... done a talk-back after the show because I would have liked to get the actors point of view on the characters and what it was like to play them. Overall, it wasn’t the best play I have ever seen, but it wasn’t bad. I think it was the topics of molestation and incest that compel my negative feelings toward it. In fact, I left the theater feeling sick to my stomach because of the subject matter. The play...
The Lessons Learned in My Career and My future Aspirations
In last several decades, people can see constantly development of technology.... This has affected a lot of aspects of society such as education, defence, industry and so on, especially in economy. The development of economy goes a long side with the development of technology that create a number of jobs for people. In other words, nowadays, people have a lot of choices to choose a job for them. Although many people want to work in financial...
responsibility and what you learned from it.
3 Describe your strengths and weaknesses in two areas: setting and achieving goals,... and working with other people.
4 Your career aspirations and factors leading you to apply to this course at this time. Describe a challenge to which you have successfully responded. What did you learn about yourself as you responded to this challenge? Describe a challenge you anticipate facing in any aspect of college life. On the basis of what you learned from your earlier response...
Lessons Learned from Managing a Personal Stock Portfolio
This report is going to talk about every aspect of the stock market... game that I recently finished participating in with this Intro to Business class. It will state the good and bad times I experienced doing this project, my most and least successful trades, the challenging and easy activities that went along with this project, improvements, and most importantly, what I learned from taking part in this game.
First of all, I would like...
There are lessons to be learned from Edison's life. Although Thomas Edison obviously had a gift of mechanical abilities, he had... learned skills that others can apply to their lives. He was:
He was Curious about technical matters.
Knowledgeable about scientific method
He was competitive
Ambitious and hard working
Organized person
A good businessperson
Hardworking.
He was a restless person (restlessness)
Positivity
“Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration...
assignment, you had said that you do not want us to write any thus, I hereby swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and... nothing but the truth, so help me God. The first day I had walked into your class, I was down right nervous. Questions of all sorts kept popping up in my head: What if this class is not worth it? What if he is not a good professor? What if he is mean? What if I get a bad grade because I can not write? And more what ifs…However, as soon as you walked in the class with...
various experiences. Everyone has to go through different types of experiences everyday. The experience could... either have to do with something mentally, physically, or even at home, work, marriage, school, church, or even rehabilitation.Whether it was a positive or a negative experience, people still go through it. There are two results that come with experiences, it was either a challenge failed or a challenge achieved successfully. Despite the positivity or negativity of the experience, there is...
Reflection Paper:
What I Have Learned About the Aging Process
The aging process is something that... everyone will face with multiple factors influencing the progression.
Taking this gerontology class has taught me different techniques to consider when dealing with aging.
The knowledge I have gained about the activity theory, successful aging, and retirement will help me cope with aging in my personal life.
Likewise, I intend to use the information that I have learned about caregivers, long-term...
excited. They can’t wait to experience everything that comes with being in high school, I mean who wouldn’t? Everyone says that... high school is the best four years of your life.
Now that I’m months away from graduating, I can’t say they were my best years but I can say they were my most educational years, of course I wouldn’t say that they weren’t fun because they were. When I say educational, I mean I’ve learned so much about myself and so much about life. I learned what the words family, love,...
What I have learned in this class…
I learned a great deal... about where people come from and how taking sociology would help me a great deal in my nursing career. Sociology takes cultures as a group instead of looking at an individual.
A “It takes a village to raise a child.” We are who we are not only from the way we were raised but also by the environment and culture in which we are surrounded by. The medical field deals a lot with ethics...
a personality and could be important in the action, depending on the play.
2- Her uncle Peck abused Lil’ Bit.
3- Lil Bit was seventeen years old in... the play. She says, “I am seventeen years old, parking off a dark lane with a married man on an early summer night” (Vogel 9). The play tells her story backward from the time she goes to college to the age of eleven. Moreover, Lil’ Bit has some age stations that are related to some events as following:
* 11 years old that was the first time...
everlasting. When I was a junior in high school, I took a trip to Boston and New York for Spring Break. I went on... this trip with my mom, dad, and friend Andrea. Through this trip I experienced American History, diversity, and learned more of my own cultural identity.
When I was a junior in high school, I was in Advanced Placement United States History. Through this class I learned how rich and diverse our American culture is. Having lived in the state of Washington my whole life, I had not seen any...
How did I learn to become Thai?
What is Thainess? And what is not Thainess? These questions are not easy to answer.
Dubout (2009) defines... that Thainess is something that makes Thai people who they are, that can never be truly explained or understood without actually living and experiencing it. It is instinctive. I believe it’s true. However, my Thainess may somewhat differ from those of others as I was born and originally raised in the rural area of the small province in the South called Phatthalung...
informal learning experience for me and how my life has been effected trying to help her with this addiction. I will discuss how... her experience with drugs occurred through classical conditioning by, identifying the unconditioned stimulus, unconditioned response, conditioned stimulus, and the conditioned response. I will also explain how her experience occurred through operant conditioning by describing the behavior, the consequences, and reinforcements of her drug addiction. Finally, I will address how...
feelings through various outlets. We are born with senses that allow us to feel and express a wide arraignment of emotions. When one of these senses fail we... are automatically disabled, but many find alternatives to express these emotions. Erin McGraw in “Bad Eyes” learns to express her emotions through the use of extensive metaphors that allow the reader to feel what she is writing. The metaphors create a bridge that helps us to understand what McGraw faces throughout her life. The reader gains insight...
Morgan works on her AA in business.
A Lesson Learned the Hard Way
Morgan wrote this essay for English 101 class in 2011, with plans to... enhance her skills in Essay’s writings. Using examples, her lesson learned experience working for good paying jobs without the proper education. And how she was demoted or laid off many jobs because she did not have a degree.
Morgan’s essay will seem very familiar to almost everyone who has had work experience without a degree.
Almost everyone has had seniority...
COLL101-1103A-07
6 June 2011
What I learned from the Discovery Wheel
Once I finished... filling out the Discovery Wheel I noticed that the three highest scores were in Purpose, Attitude and Diversity. While the lowest scores where on Money, Notes and Tests.
I started with the highest scores first but my favorite are the lower scores since they make me practice positive thinking.
As an IT Representative for a company in Puerto Rico, I have acquired lots of knowledge in the Information...
What I learned in the six weeks in HMNT 1001-10
Kimberly Allen
Walden University
What I... learned in the six weeks in HMNT 1001-10
Before this course, I had no clue how I was going to manage learning in college. All I knew, I wanted to go. I wanted to improve myself no matter how naive I was. Presently, it is the end of the class. But it is only the beginning for me at Walden University, and because of this course, I now know what to expect and what to do to be a successful Walden...
What Have I Learned About Life
When a person is born there is a really no end to the learning that occurs from... that point forward. There are the learning basics that occur from birth to about eleven years old but after that it’s mostly just learning on your own. Parents do what they can to lead us in the right direction but ultimately it is our own decisions that determine the path of our lives. In my lifetime I personally have made a lot of mistakes and have learned a lot of lessons over the years...
Iana Lukina
What did I learn from my leadership class?
There are lots examples of organizations in which everything seems to... be done right, but something is still missing. They have no soul. There is nothing that can breathe life into the administrative system. They exist without faith, love, and hope. They are doomed to such a gray existence, unless there is a person or a team of associates who discover the essence and meaning in this frozen system. Such a person is called a leader and a role...
English 5A
September 9th, 2013
My Skills From High School
Learning to read and write in college is a situation parallel to Issac... Newton’s quote, “If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants.” This is because Newton was able to advance the knowledge of science because he simply advanced the research of other great scientists. The skills that will be attained here in college are simply the sharpening of the skills I have already learned in high school.
My freshman English...
Bryan Hitchings. I am a 32 year old person passionate about food and aspiring to hone my cooking skills to become a professional chef.... I have always loved cooking even as a child. When I was a child and barely able to see the eyes on a stove, I was given a stool by my grandmother and allowed to cook with her. I have had several influences such as my grandmother who was an excellent home cook, one uncle who was a chef, and another uncle who was a cook in the Navy. Though I don’t come from a large family...
his poetry was to wake up our imagination and to present the reality between a heavenly place and a dark hell. In his Songs of Innocence and Songs of... Experience he manages to do this with simplicity. These two types of poetry were written in two different stages of his life, consequently there could be seen a move from his innocence towards experience.
He was born on November 28, 1757 in London (at 28 Broad Street, Golden Square), to James Blake, a hosier, and his wife Catherine Wright Armitage Blake...
Lessons Learned Paper
University of Phoenix
Lessons... Learned Paper
In the beginning of the residency, I was defiantly apprehensive about meeting new people and engaging in this new environment. Since that point both my view and perception has significantly changed. In addition to meeting a host of new students, I was finally able to put faces to the names that I have been communicating with in many of my previous courses...
Each teacher can recount numerous highs and lows in their teaching career. Personally, I experienced many great moments while teaching. These... were days when I ended so happy and enthusiastic that I knew I had selected the right profession. On the other hand, I had days where I definitely questioned teaching as a career. These were days where the students seemed uninterested, too talkative, or even worse a blow up occurred and nothing got accomplished. Thankfully the average combined with the positive...
Lessons Learned Paper
Na’Kisha Sherrard, MS
University of Phoenix
Lessons Learned Paper
Connecting... with a group of doctoral students for the first residency is very frightening.
Several students admitted to having feelings of misperception, worry, or uncertainty.
Meeting someone new is certainly not comfortable, however the expectations and anxiety of a doctoral program is sufficient for someone to ask why one would choose to undertake a huge venture.
This residency...
The Place I Come From is Like..
Many of us have a different view of our home town. Some cannot wait to leave, while others... never want to leave their mother’s couch. Some look at it as a paradise, free of worries or decision making, while others look at it as their own personal hell, full of people and places they despise. I, on the other hand, have a different view of my hometown. It is not exactly what I would call a perfect, pleasant, island getaway, paradise but it is not what I imagine hell...
My experience is about project leadership in company, where I successfully transferred the design of a new research workflow... into a practical utility. Teams run the world, especially in a multinational company such as company. The importance of teamwork is deeply embedded into the company’s culture: I have been in numerous company training classes of communication and team diversity. In practice, all projects depend on and appreciate teamwork. Leaders catalyze the progress, but teams carry it out...
Analyzing a Bad Habit
Malinda Hopper
September 5, 2011
Anney Snyder
Analyzing a Bad Habit
This paper will be... analyzing the development of habits using the behavioral and social/cognitive approaches.
I will be discussing one of my bad habits and how I developed it.
It will explain what role models, if any, that may have also had this habit.
I will also discuss the people who influenced the adoption of this habit.
The paper will also state whether or not I still continue doing...
Where I come From
The poem “Where I come from” is a three versed poem with a lot of... literary devices. The poem is trying to show the influence of one’s upbringing, how it can change how they present themselves or how their character is developed. The poem shows the different variety of people in the world who all come from different settings hence holding different beliefs and being absolutely different people. The second paragraph is also a comparison between the countryside and...
This I Believe II
Failure is something no one likes. I have learned over the years that... failure is perceived as a bad thing. No one ever told me failure could be taken as a good thing. That was until I read a story in This I Believe II. The author explained why he liked failure and why failure could be a good thing. Forgiveness is something everyone should learn. Many people in our lives may do wrong to us and if we hold on to the hurt and anger we will never find happiness. I was one of...
the guidance that adults provide.
Adults can provide a foundation from which children can grow, but they can provide only
a certain amount... of advice to help children deal with life' the rest is left for
the child to find for themself.
Such is the case in the final chapter of Bless Me, Ultima, a
novel by Rudolfo Anaya.
In this chapter Tony, the main character, receives
insight and very wise advice from his elders.
The story shadows Tony as he seeks
understanding to...
The Varieties of Religious Experience
Lectures I-V
In the first lecture, James sets the ground rules or dimensions of the... topic he will be discussing. He starts off with re this lecture deals with two very different perspectives. James presents a battle between value and facts. Under the three criteria of value, religious experiences would be composed of immediate illumination to see life clearly, reasonable thinking where everything makes sense, and moral helpfulness that...
their own childhood experience could be the most valuable memories they have. There could be just one or many experiences. These... experiences indicate the turning point from childhood into teenagers which make them so memorable and unforgettable. These incidents could be good or bad and could be beneficial or not, depending on which angle you are looking at them. I personally speaking, has had good memories and bad memories, however the bad ones has stained deep within me which I would never forget...
Kingdom, Canada, Philippines, India and Mexico.
Sutherland has a worldwide client base that include Fortune 1000 and Fortune 500 companies. Some of... our clients are AT&T, Xerox, Amazon, HP, Dell, Intuit, and Gateway. Sutherland’s clients are from various industry verticals including retail, insurance, mortgage, banking, healthcare, telecommunications, technology, and travel and hospitality.
Quality Certifications
-ISO27001 Certification by British Standards Institute (BSI) in May, 2006
Kevon Johnson
A Learning Experience
English 1101
How is it precisely, that people learn things? As you know, when... being taught something it is presented through our five senses. Studies indicate that when it comes to the succession of entirely grasping the concept of something, how that information is presented is a governing factor. Furthermore, when you apply this concept to everyday life it is apparent that college educators should present information in a way that is...
Professor Lado
Global Business Experience
After taking some time to reflect back on my trip, I realized that up to... this date, this was one of the most amazing times of my life.
There were multiple emotions that I felt throughout the trip.
I was happy, excited, nervous, scared, and many other emotions that words probably couldn’t explain.
I experienced and did things that I never even imagined that I would experience or do.
I got a chance to see life from a different point of view.
I’m positive...
My Life Learning Experience with R.S.V
Course Title
Many... individuals have experienced problems with their hospitals or health care facilities. An important concept that I learned from facing this family crisis that will be examined in this paper is that, when a family member becomes seriously ill, they need quality medical care. Sometimes, when a person's life is at stake, the further a person lives from medical facilities which can offer...
Songs of Experience
This term has provided me with many valuable tools that help me understand people who are different... from myself. Through many of the authors I learned about new cultures and was presented with new ideas. As a result of this new exposure, I feel that these authors contributed a positive experience in studying Western world literature.
One author that has influenced this positive experience was William Blake. William Blake's Songs of Innocence and Songs of Experience were...
Life’s Lessons Learned from Three Little Pigs
Artrie R. Allen
HU300-28: Arts & Humanities 20th Century and Beyond...
Prof. Russell
Kaplan University
March 9, 2013
As children growing up, we were enriched with stories, folk tales and fables passed from generation to generation. These fables served as entertainment and taught life lessons that we still carry on today. These stories helped to preserve our...
My experiences in this six-week English Composition-I class have been challenging and rewarding, as well as educating and... developing. As far as challenging, I have only been able to attend half of the classes and therefore have only learned half as much as I could have learned otherwise. Although extenuating circumstances have kept me from attending every class, it has been a pleasure sitting under the teaching of the course instructor. As far as rewarding, I have been able to gain knowledge, understanding...
come until I experienced something that changed my own life. During my high school career there was a class which offered a... teacher readiness program for students interested in the teaching profession. This class gave students an opportunity to intern at a school of their choice.
While I was completing my internship at my local junior high school, I noticed several unacceptable behaviors from many African American female students. From week to week, I obse the results I noticed...
shall I live?
How then shall I live?
Kevin Gunyak
Robert Morris University...
Professor John C. R. Silbert
Introduction to Ethics
December 12, 2011
How then shall I live?
So far I have lived my life for twenty years and on February 2, 2012 will be twenty-one years of me living my life. When I look back on my life I think about how I got...
interactive assignment, I chose to attend an Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) Meeting in the local area. I chose to attend this event... out of pure curiosity.
I like to enjoy alcoholic beverages on a regular basis, so I felt it would be very enlightening to sit down and really listen to what these people had to say.
Throughout the rest of this essay, I would like to recreate that experience.
Over the course of this meeting I was able to walk away with two valuable lessons.
First, I learned that a person’s problems...
readers to learn something from the authors various subject matters, which could be used in the readers’ own lives.... I have chosen four essays that I have read this term from which I have learned from. The four essays I decided on are: “Shooting an Elephant” by George Orwell, “Sex, Lies, and Conversation” by Deborah Tannen, “What Really Scares Us” by David Ropeik, and “Delusions of Grandeur” by Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
In George Orwell’s “Shooting an Elephant” Orwell writes of his experience in British...
Rhetorical Analysis of Douglass
In the excerpt “Learning to Read and Write”, Frederick Douglass talks about his... experiences in slavery living in his masters house and his struggle to learn how to read and write. Frederick Douglass was an African American social reformer, orator, writer, and statesman. Some of his other writings include “The Heroic Slave”, “My Bondage and My Freedom”, and “Life and Times of Frederick Douglass”. In this excerpt, Frederick Douglass uses an...
I can still remember it as if it happened yesterday. I must have been seven or eight years old when I rode my first... bicycle, and the day I learned to ride my bike is very memorable to me. Learning how to ride a bicycle can be exciting as well as painful. But I found it really exciting indeed. I was starting to realize that all of the other kids where riding two-wheelers, and I was the only one still riding a small bike with those ridiculous training wheels. I felt that it was time for me to make...
The Experience of an Outsider
It’s a cold early morning in the month of November, waking up and beginning the day going school.... I go to the kitchen to get my coffee brewing, then brush my teeth and wash my face to get that fresh feeling to get me going. Almost every morning, it was so hard to get up and drive an hour to Wichita for school while I was living in Hutchinson. There’s just that feeling knowing the day was going to be dreadful and long, but I was ready and couldn’t wait to meet up with...
and Communication
I. Intercultural There
Looking back to the point where my inter-cultural lifestyle began, I remember... myself, last year in February. It was the month that I moved to a different flat, searching for a fresh start, having new hopes and being more motivated than ever to do something productive with my life. Due to my new flat-mates I enrolled in the organization called ESN (Erasmus Student Network) which was formed kind of newly. I didn`t know much what I would do there, only that...
Although their distant cousin Count Olaf began to hunt the children do bringing on the murders of several characters in the book. The... children stayed together and turned their situation into something that can bring them closer together and something that they can learn from.
Even though the reader cannot physically see the characters, Lemony Snicket’s word choice can give the reader a clear mental picture of what the characters are going through. It is as if the author is reading...
Seligman's Theory of Learned Helplessness
Clarisa Kashima Laksmi
Department of Psychology
Dr Goh Chee Leong
Edward Ong...
Learned helplessness is the tendency to fail to act to escape from a situation because of a history of repeated failures in the past (Ciccarelli & White, 2009). To describe learned helplessness in person is that recognizing that repeated failures will arouse the idea of a difficult task and impossible to solve. They sometimes blame the outside factors...
Have a great research document you think will help inspire other StudyMode members?
Share your document
Get full access to more research and tools for only $0.33/day
Upgrade your Membership
More great study tools:

我要回帖

更多关于 abc cooking 的文章

随机推荐