英语中,下面划线部分改成seektheway the police's aid可以吗?

(安徽卷)学年高中英语 Unit 4 Pygmalion综合检测 新人教版选修8_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
(安徽卷)学年高中英语 Unit 4 Pygmalion综合检测 新人教版选修8
上传于|0|0|暂无简介
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用1下载券
想免费下载本文?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩14页未读,继续阅读
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢 上传我的文档
 下载
 收藏
该文档贡献者很忙,什么也没留下。
 下载此文档
正在努力加载中...
高二上期英语期末试题
下载积分:3000
内容提示:高二上期英语期末试题
文档格式:DOC|
浏览次数:0|
上传日期: 08:57:22|
文档星级:
全文阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用
 3000 积分
下载此文档
该用户还上传了这些文档
高二上期英语期末试题
官方公共微信扫二维码下载作业帮
2亿学生的选择
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
2亿学生的选择
英语单词在线造句 在线等!FilthySordidFoulPainAcheSorenessConversationChatDiscourseAssistSupportAidSearchSeek outRummage
花妖丶笨笨02u
扫二维码下载作业帮
2亿学生的选择
1.This side of the glass is filthy.玻璃的这一面很脏.2.I want no part in this sordid business.我不想和这一肮脏勾当有任何瓜葛.3.He opened the window to let out the foul air.他打开窗户,放出污浊的空气.4.The death of her son gave her infinite pain.她儿子的去世使她悲痛欲绝.5.There were aches in his joints.他关节疼痛.6.My doctor has warned me about some of the possible side effects of Botox like nausea,redness and soreness,但医生也警告我,肉毒杆菌可能会有副作用,比如恶心、脸潮红和局部酸痛.7.He got into conversation with his neighbor.他开始与邻居交谈起来.8.They chatted about the film shown last night.他们闲聊着昨夜放的电影.9.They listened to his discourse on human relations.他们听他作关于人际关系的演讲.10.We asked him to assist us in designing a new bridge.我们请他帮助我们设计一座新桥.11.Jim was a great support to us when father died.父亲死后,吉姆给了我们巨大的帮助.12.She is so independent that she refused all pecuniary aid.她很独立,所以拒绝一切金钱上的资助.13.He searched every room in the house.他搜查了这房子的每一个房间.14.How can we seek out a really good person for the job?我们怎样才能找出一人真正合适的人来做这件工作?15.He rummaged around in his drawer.他在抽屉里翻找.
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
你可以用有道搜,上面都有例句,很快的。
At that time we lived in a small courtyard in Beijing Dongcheng, school is not big, but many people, ordinarystreams of people busily coming andgoing, dumb mother lived next door t...
扫描下载二维码2013届辽宁省沈阳二中等重点中学协作体高三领航高考预测(六)英语试卷与答案(带解析)
单项选择*2013届辽宁省沈阳二中等重点中学协作体高三领航高考预测(六)英语试卷与答案(带解析)
—Excuse me, can you tell me how I can get to the nearest market, please?—Mm, let me think. Oh, yes! It’s past ______post office , next to ______bank.
解析试题分析:post office必须双方都知道的邮局,在银行附近,需用不定冠词,表示泛指。句意:--请问,你能告诉我到最近的市场怎么走?--嗯,我想想,哦,就是过了这个邮局,在一个银行附近。故选C。考点:考查冠词的用法。点评:本题难度适中。冠词的考查集中在the表示特指;a/an表示泛指。另外要注意冠词的一些固定搭配。即学即练:It is generally accepted that ______boy must learn to stand up and fight like______Man.A. a
D. /解析:A。
—I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have shouted at you the other day.—______. I was a bit out of control myself.
A.Forget it
B.All right
D.Don’t mention it
解析试题分析:Forget it没关系;All right好;No way绝不;Don’t mention it别客气。句意:--对不起,那天我不应该对你大声嚷嚷。--没关系,我也有点失控了。根据句意故选A。考点:考查交际用语的用法。点评:本题难度适中。交际用语的考查要放在上下文语境中理解运用,提醒考生平时加强背诵短语的意义及用法。即学即练:— Do you enjoy your present job? — _______. I just do it for a living. A Of course
B Not really C Not likely D Not a little解析:B。of course 当然; not really 委婉说“不” ;not likely 不可能; not a little 非常 。前句问你喜欢现在的工作吗?从后一句答语我们知道, 他仅仅是为了谋生。所以前一句答语应该是否定的, 而且答语口气并不强烈, 所以要用委婉的语气, 答案:B.
—Are you feeling better?—Sure. I _______the medicine according to the directions.
C.will take
D.have been taking
解析试题分析:现在完成进行时表示从过去开始一直到现在一直在做某事。句意:--你感觉好点了吗?--当然,我一直按照说明书在服药。考点:考查动词的时态。点评:本题较难。动词的时态是高考的热点,它出现在单选和短文改错中的次数较多,需要考生一定掌握不同的时态的用法。即学即练:Had you joined the chat room ten minutes ago, you would have known what we _______about then.A. had talked
B. have talked
D. were talking解析:D。考查动词的时态。此题以虚拟语气的句子为出题背景,增加了试题难度。主句为虚拟语气,what引导的宾语从句是真实的。句意:如果你十分钟前加入聊天室,你就会知道(那时)我们在谈什么。根据语境应用过去进行时。
Oscars, in fact, Academy Awards are said to be dramatically named after a librarian’s uncle,_______ just because the Statuette looked like him.
A.in whose honor the prize was given
B.for whom the prize was given
C.whom the prize was given for him
D.in whom honor the prize was given
解析试题分析:这是定语从句,uncle是先行词,又因为in one’s honor以某人的名誉。句意:奥斯卡奖实际上是奥斯卡金像奖,据说它是以一个图书管理员的叔叔而命名的,以他的荣誉颁奖式因为雕像特别像他的样子。根据句意故选A。考点:考查定语从句的用法。点评:本题难度适中。定语从句是英语语法中非常重要的内容,在阅读和理解过程中起着极其重要的作用。定语从句的考查关键在于定语从句的成分分析,需要考生有分析理解复杂的句子结构的能力。即学即练:They explained the reason to us _____ they had hated us before.A. whose
D. that解析:B。句意:他们向我们解释为什么他们不喜欢我们的原因。
I received a call one morning from a lady, but she phoned________, as she kept asking to speak
to someone else who I didn’t know at all.
A.by accident
B.by mistake
C.by chance
D.by force
解析试题分析:by accident偶然;by mistake错误地;by chance偶然;by force靠武力。句意:一天早晨我接到一个女士打来的电话,但是她打错了,她一直在说让某一人我不认识的人接电话。根据句意故选B。考点:考查介词短语的用法。点评:本题难度适中。介词短语也是高考的热点,需要考生平时多积累,注意它们的用法及区别。即学即练:The soldiers took the prisoners away ______.A. by accident
B. by mistake
C. by chance
D. by force解析:D。句意:士兵们强行把犯人带走了。
He ended his speech with a remark_______ knowledge _______power.
解析试题分析:remark是先行词,后是一个同位语从句,knowledge is power知识就是力量。这是一个名言,用一般现在时,从句中不缺成分,所以用that,它在同位语从句中不作成分。故选B。考点:考查同位语从句的用法。点评:本题难度适中。同位语从句是高中的重难点之一,需要考生必须有分析理解复杂的句子结构的能力,还必须能够理解句意。弄懂定语从句和同位语从句的区别。即学即练:I am well aware ______ this is a tough job.A. which
D.whose解析:B。句意:我深知这是一件棘手的工作。
After entering high school, he felt regretful for the time he had wasted playing computer games and studied hard to ________ it.
B.take up
C.make up
D.hold up
解析试题分析:sum up概述;take up开始从事;make up弥补;hold up举起,阻挡。句意:在进入高中后,我感觉后悔的是我浪费了许多时间在玩电脑游戏,后来又在努力补上这段时间。根据句意故选C。考点:考查动词短语的用法。点评:本题难度适中。本题对已学知识点的回顾,考查最基本的常见的动词短语的意义。需要考生平时多记多练。即学即练:He ______his hand in amazement.A. summed up
B. took up
C. made up
D. held up解析:D。句意:他惊骇地举起了手。
More than 100 million people live in the beautiful province, __________.
A.most of them live in the east
B.most of them in the east
C.most of them are from the east
D.most of them are living in the east
解析试题分析:逗号前面是一个句子,如果逗号后还是句子就必须有连词,ACD都是句子但没有连词,故排除,所以选B。这是独立主格结构。独立主格结构的构成:名词(代词)+现在分词(过去分词;形容词;副词;不定式;名词;介词短语) 独立主格结构的特点:1)独立主格结构的逻辑主语与句子的主语不同,它独立存在。2)名词或代词与后面的分词,形容词,副词,不定式,介词等是主谓关系。3)独立主格结构一般有逗号与主句分开。考点:考查独立主格结构的用法。点评:本题较难。独立主格结构是高中的难点,近几年考得次数较少,需要考生有分析理解复杂的句子结构的能力,还必须能够理解句意。即学即练:_______, we began our holiday.A. The test was finished
B. The test was to finish C. The test is finished
D. The test finished解析:D。句意:考试结束了,我们开始放假。
The World Food Prize, created in 1986, is _______each year to people who have advanced human development by improving the quality, quantity or availability of food in the world.
A.awarded
B.rewarded
C.presented
D.represented
解析试题分析:award的基本意思是“给予”,指通过裁判裁决或法官判决而授予、颁发、奖给或判给需要者或应得者。所给予的物品一般被认为是应得的,给予者是公正的、可信的。 award是及物动词,可接名词或代词作宾语,也可接双宾语,其间接宾语可以转化为介词to的宾语。可用于被动语态。reward则强调“报酬”,只能以人或人的行为作宾语,如果要说明以何为报酬,须加with短语。present较正式,指以一定的形式或程序赠给,并暗示所给的物有一定的价值。represent的基本意思是“代表”,多指受委托代表某人、组织、机构、国家等办理某事。引申可指“象征”“体现”“表示”“描绘”“声称”“扮演”等。 这里是颁发奖励故选A。考点:考查动词的用法。点评:本题难度适中。动词是近几年高考的热点,本题是对已学知识点的回顾,需要考生能够理解该题的语言环境,进而作出正确的判断。近几年对词性及词义相近的词的考查出现的次数较多,提醒考生平时注意。即学即练:I _____ family company to ring you yesterday.A. awarded
B. rewarded
C. presented
D. represented解析:D。句意:我昨天代表家教公司给您打电话。
The British science fiction writer, Isaac Azimac, believes that robots are_____ ever to do harm
to a human being.
A.unfortunately
B.unexpectedly
C.unlikely
D.unbelievably
解析试题分析:unfortunately不幸地;unexpectedly想不到的;unlikely不太可能;unbelievably不可信的。be unlikely to do 不太可能做某事。句意:英国的科幻作家Isaac Azimac相信机器人不太可能会对人类有伤害。故选C。考点:考查短语的用法。点评:本题难度适中。考查一些固定短语的用法是近几年高考的热点,需要考生牢记一些它们的用法,会分析句子的语境进而判断用它们的哪种形式。还需会区分类似的短语的不同用法。即学即练:The band loan rate is ______ high.A. unfortunately
B. unexpected
C. unlikely
D. unbelievably解析:D。句意:银行贷款利率高得太离谱。
______children get older, Doherty said, their brains may develop the ability to indentify visual
解析试题分析:As随着;When当……时候;While当……时候;Since既然。句意:随着年龄的增长,大脑会形成辨认视觉环境的能 力。根据句意故选A.考点:考查连词的用法。点评:本题难度适中。判断从句中用哪个连词,需用记住连词的用法,在句中的作用,连词也是高考的热点,需要考生平时多练习。需要考生会分析句子成分理解句意。即学即练:______you can't answer the question, perhaps we'd better ask someone else.A. As
D. Since解析:D。句意:既然你无法回答这个问题,我们最好再问问别人。
_____, I think, and the problem can be settled.
A.If you double your efforts
B.If you make greater efforts
C.If you spare no efforts
D.Some more efforts
解析试题分析:句意:再努力一下,我认为问题会得到解决的。因为句子有连词and,所以不需要连词了,故排除ABC,Some more efforts这是一个省略句,Make some more efforts故选D。名词+ and+分句,相当于If…,主句。“祈使句 + and分句”是一个特殊句型,常用于口语,表示建议、告诫、鼓励等意味。祈使句部分相当于if 引导的条件状语从句,而and分句相当于主句。祈使句部分有时还可以改用名词短语,即改成:“名词短语 + and分句”。 名词短语中通常含有 more、 another、 further、 again、earlier 等词。考点:考查特殊句式的用法。点评:本题较难。特殊句式是高考常考的内容,需要考生熟记一些句式,同时也可用在自己的书面表达上。即学即练:_____, and I’ll get the work finished.A. If you give me one more hour
B. If you are given one more hourC. If you give
D. One more hour解析:D。Give me one more hour, and I’ll get the work finished.句意:再有一小时,我就可以干完了。
Just because Tom has made some mistakes, _____you follow that he is a bad boy?
解析试题分析:must必须,一定;can能;should应该;would过去常常。句意:仅仅因为汤姆犯了一些错误,你就一定认为他是坏男孩吗?根据句意故选A。考点:考查情态动词的用法。点评:本题难度适中。情态动词是高中阶段的重难点之一,需要考生熟记它们的用法,在各类考试中经常出现,情态动词的完成式主要用于表示对过去情况进行推测或责备也是高考常考的内容。即学即练:We _____ practice economy even if we are rich.A. must
D. would解析:C。句意:即使我们富裕了也仍应该厉行节约。
He ______ chess well. But since he graduated from university, he almost has had no time to touch it.
C.has played
D.had played
解析试题分析:句意:他现在下棋很好,但是自从大学毕业后,他几乎没有时间去碰它。根据句意故选B。考点:考查动词的时态。点评:本题难度适中。动词的时态是高考的热点,它出现在单选和短文改错中的次数较多,需要考生一定掌握不同的时态的用法。即学即练:My favourite song ______on the radio then.A. played
C. has played
D. was playing解析:D。句意:那时收音机里播放着我最喜爱的歌曲。
—I’m going to Paris this weekend. —What a(n)________! So am I.
A.convenience
B.consequence
C.circumstance
D.coincidence
解析试题分析:convenience方便;consequence结果;circumstance环境;coincidence巧合的事。句意:--我这周末将去巴黎。--多么巧合的事啊!我也去。故选D。考点:考查名词的用法。点评:本题难度适中。命题者在于让学生区分这四个名词的用法及意义,学生容易误选的是C,这两个词在词形上也相似,这也是命题者容易考查词形相似的单词辨析。平时学生应注意这方面的知识的积累。即学即练:It's a great ______ to live in town.A. convenience
B. consequence
C. circumstance
D. coincidence解析:B。句意:住在城市里有很大的方便。
完型填空2013届辽宁省沈阳二中等重点中学协作体高三领航高考预测(六)英语试卷与答案(带解析)
Perhaps what we like most about the successful man who has a sense of humor is that he doesn't seem to take himself too 36 . The average person expects the man in a powerful
to be too vain and self-centered. “Walt Dizzy is just a plain, ordinary guy. It's absolutely amazing,” Harvey tells his friends, “He's really not different from any one of us. Boy, I'll tell you, success didn't spoil him.”
38 it was Walt Dizzy's aptitude for making the people around him feel 39
that relaxed everyone who met him and gave people the impression that he’s “one of the boys’’.
It's always a surprise and a
when people discover that successful individuals are basically not different from anyone else. The majority of people
highly successful men and women to be very solemn and earnest because they
42 such big decisions. An executive who has a relaxed
and good sense of humor leaves a favorable impression. You've undoubtedly often heard someone say,
discussing one of these tycoons(大人物), “I can identify with him.” The party who makes the remark has absolutely
in common with the tycoons, but the
atmosphere, not the man himself, becomes the means of identification. Greeting someone
whom you are about to do business with a warm smile is the best way to introduce yourself. People can't
immediately liking such an individual. He seems humble, and they're impressed with his informal manner. They notice his “human side,” and he
them over at once. People want to cooperate with this kind of man. A
first meeting sets the stage beautifully for the formal discussions. On the other hand, there's the humorless, dull type who turns you completely
.Stanley Shtick, president of a large food company, is a good
52 . “He is the coldest fish I’ve
met,” says Zelda Zoftik, “You would think he was the King of England, the way he acts,” she
. “The longer it is before I meet with him again, the
A.seriously
A.situation
B.position
C.location
D.tradition
A.Actually
B.Eventually
C.Gradually
D.Naturally
A.nervous
B.conscious
C.comfortable
D.reliable
A.pressure
B.pleasure
C.personality
【小题10】
A.something
B.nothing
C.anything
D.everything
【小题11】
A.excited
B.relaxed
C.interested
D.embarrassed
【小题12】
C.through
【小题13】
B.control
【小题14】
D.captures
【小题15】
A.energetic
B.regular
C.friendly
【小题16】
【小题17】
B.example
【小题18】
【小题19】
A.explains
B.suggests
C.complains
D.praises
【小题20】
答案【小题1】A【小题2】B【小题3】A【小题4】C【小题5】C【小题6】A【小题7】B【小题8】C【小题9】A【小题10】B【小题11】B【小题12】B【小题13】A【小题14】A【小题15】C【小题16】D【小题17】B【小题18】A【小题19】C【小题20】C
阅读理解2013届辽宁省沈阳二中等重点中学协作体高三领航高考预测(六)英语试卷与答案(带解析)
Alfred Alder, a famous psychiatrist, had an interesting experience. When he was a small boy he got off to a poor start in arithmetic. His teacher got the idea that he had no ability in arithmetic, and told his parents what she thought in order that they would not expect too much of him. In this way, they too developed the idea, “Isn’t it too bad that Alfred can’t do arithmetic?” He accepted their mistaken estimate of his ability, feeling that it was useless to try, and that he was very poor at arithmetic, just as they expected. One day he became very angry at the teacher and the other students because they laughed when he said he saw how to do a problem which none of the other students had been able to solve. Adler succeeded in solving the problem. This gave him confidence. He rejected the idea that he couldn’t do arithmetic and was determined to show them that he could. His anger and his new found confidence stimulated him to go at arithmetic problems with a new spirit. He now worked with interest, determination, and purpose, and he soon became extraordinarily good at arithmetic. He not only proved that he could do arithmetic, but he learned early in life from his own experience that, if a person goes at a job with determination and purpose, he may astonish himself as well as others by his ability. This experience made him realize that many people have more ability than they think they have, and that lack of success is as often the result of lack of knowledge of how to apply one’s ability, lack of confidence, and lack of determination as it is the result of lack of ability.【小题1】Alfred gained confidence in learning arithmetic_______.
A.after he managed to find a solution to a difficult problem
B.after his teacher made his parents know his ability in arithmetic
C.after he grew up and became famous
D.after his parents gave him encouragement
【小题2】In Alfred’s opinion, if a person is unsuccessful, he may be_______.
A.slow- thinking.
B.disabled
C.self-centered
D.undetermined
【小题3】The last sentence of paragraph 1 implies________.
A.Alfred thought he couldn’t change others’ mind
B.Alfred agreed with the wrong judgment
C.Alfred believed it was no use learning arithmetic
D.Alfred expected that he could succeed though it was hard
【小题4】What can we conclude from the text?
A.Alfred has a strong determination and a firm belief
B.Others’ opinions are important
C.A person lacking in ability can still succeed
D.Alfred’s teacher and classmates will regret.
答案【小题1】A【小题2】D【小题3】B【小题4】A
解析试题分析:本文叙述了著名的精神病专家Alfred Alder的一次经历。他从小被他的老师认为他是学不好的人,可有一次,他解决了其他的人都解决不了的问题,从此,他自己有了自信,再加上他的决心,使他认识到:人只要有信心和决心就能成功。【小题1】这是细节理解题。根据Adler succeeded in solving the problem. This gave him confidence.他成功的解决了那个问题之后,他获得自信,故选A。【小题2】这是细节理解题。根据if a person goes at a job with determination and purpose, he may astonish himself as well as others by his ability.一个没有成功的人是因为他没有决心。故选D。【小题3】这是推理判断题。根据he was very poor at arithmetic, just as they expected.他接受了老师的判断,他的数学学不好了,故选B。【小题4】这是推理判断题。根据He now worked with interest, determination, and purpose, and he soon became extraordinarily good at arithmetic.可知Adler后来有自信,有决心,有目的最后终于成功了,故选A。考点:这是一篇记叙文。点评:推理判断就是根据作者的意图和倾向来完成相关的问题。 根据你对文章的理解,来判断各个选项的正误。最重要的就是读懂句子的意思,找出文章的中心,这种阅读是深层阅读,但是你最重要的就是找出文章的中心意思,抓住主要句子和相关句子的意思就可以解决了,要注意题目中的一些关键词和文章中的句子的对比,尤其是一些转折词、连词等等。
Sometimes educators need to be reminded that their job is important and they are very much appreciated. Here are some movies that inspire us and make educators feel proud to be in the field of education where they really do have an impact.The Miracle WorkerThe ultimate teaching miracle, Anne Bancroft is awesome as Annie Sullivan who uses ‘tough love' to get through to the deaf and blind Helen Keller played by Patty Duke. Very few people can watch the famous ‘water' scene without experiencing a feeling of victory and relief. Excellent portrayal of the importance of perseverance. Both Bancroft and Duke won an Academy Award for their performances.The Karate KidWhile not normally thought of as a ‘classroom' movie, The Karate Kid has much to say to teachers: Sometimes we have to have our students do things that they will not underst Basic skill Honor and integrity are
Students need to see us beam with excitement over their achievements. A fun, nostalgic and inspiring movie to relish.To Sir With LoveProduced in 1967, this film with Sidney Poitier as a novice teacher has a lot to teach us today. Poitier takes a teaching position in the rough part of London in order to pay his bills. Realizing that his students need to be taught important life lessons more than the curriculum he has been handed to teach them, he throws out the lesson plans and makes a real impact on their personal lives.Mr. Holland's OpusThis memorable movie gives all teachers hope that they truly have an impact on their students. Richard Dreyfuss is wonderful as a musician/composer who must take a teaching job to support his family. In the end, Dreyfuss' character realizes that he has had as much if not more of an impact from his teaching ashe would have as a composer.【小题1】The four films above are specially intended for_______.
A.students
B.teachers
C.parents
D.managers
【小题2】Which film tells us that students not only need to learn knowledge in the books but also knowledge in life?
A.Mr. Holland's Opus
B.The Karate Kid
C.To Sir With Love
D.The Miracle Worker
【小题3】Which of the following statements is True according to the passage?
A.The actress who plays won a prize.
B.Richard Dreyfuss finally became a composer that he dreamt to be.
C.Helen Keller is the teacher of Annie Sullivan.
D.In the film “The Karate Kid” the teachers later have students do what they understand.
答案【小题1】B【小题2】C【小题3】A
解析试题分析:本文叙述了四部电影的大概的内容,其目的是告诉教育工作者他们的教育事业非常重要,在人们的一生中是光辉的职业,是值得骄傲的职业。他们在社会中的地位起的作用都是相当大的。【小题1】这是细节理解题。根据Sometimes educators need to be reminded that their job is important and they are very much appreciated. 根据首局可知这是写给老师的,故选B。【小题2】这是细节理解题。根据Realizing that his students need to be taught important life lessons more than the curriculum he has been handed to teach them, he throws out the lesson plans and makes a real impact on their personal lives.故选C。【小题3】这是细节理解题。根据Both Bancroft and Duke won an Academy Award for their performances.故选A。考点:这是一篇记叙文。点评:做细节理解题需要阅读时对某些细节仔细琢磨。尤其应注意有些表明作者观点词汇,如形容词、副词等。细节题为阅读考题的重头戏,所占比例很高,相对而言较简单,因为这类题虽然要求理解准确,但基本上限于字面意义的理解,范围也限于局部,因此是我们可望得高分的部分。细节题绝大部分体现“中心思想是解”这一原理。本文都是细节理解题,在文中比较容易找到答案。
BEIJING - The country's top health officials state that an international charity's decisions not to give millions of dollars to Chinese organizations that fight AIDS and other diseases will not bring about the end of those organizations. The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria announced on Monday that it will withhold $95 million from the $270 million in grants(补助金) it had planned to give China. That decision came as the result of months of discussion between the charity and Chinese officials. On the mainland, a large number of programs meant to prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS have received money from the Global Fund. Many observers now fear that the announced cut will undermine those organizations' work. Chen Zhu, the minister of health, said officials have found a way to limit the harm. “In the coming five years, the Chinese government will constantly increase its financial support of social organizations, particularly those that work to control and prevent HIV/AIDS.” Chen said while addressing the 6th Experience Exchange Conference of International Cooperation Program on HIV/AIDS in China on Monday. In a recent survey of more than 200 organizations taking part in the fight against HIV/AIDS on the mainland, nearly 80 percent of them said they had received grants from the Global Fund. About 83 percent of them said they will find it difficult to continue operating without financial support from abroad, it said. Official statistics showed the Global Fund has given China $548 million in grants since 2003. Xia Jing, leader of a Beijing-based grassroots organization dedicated to controlling AIDS, said: “We were like children fostered by foreign milk. As foreign money began to be withdrawn from China, we were faced with serious financial hardships.” Han Mengjie, executive director of Global Fund China Programs, said the Chinese government has fully recognized the important role social organizations play in controlling diseases. “The work done and efforts made by such organizations must be sustained for a long time to supplement the government's intervention work,”he said, “We have to face the truth that international money for AIDS control will gradually leave China and to prepare ourselves to deal with that.” 【小题1】Which sentence is the closest to the title of the passage?
A.China will have to fight against AIDS alone, though facing financial hardship.
B.Chinese organizations of fighting against AIDS and other diseases won’t receive money from international charity.
C.The fight against AIDS won’t be stopped by the withdraw of money from charity in China.
D.Chinese organizations of fighting against AIDS and other diseases will be reduced to despair.
【小题2】According to Han Mengjie, which of the following is the most possible action to be taken?
A.Chinese government is expected to seek help from social organization to control diseases
B.Chinese government shouldn’t rely too much on social organizations
C.Social organizations’ work and efforts won’t make much difference to the fight against AID
D.We Chinese are well prepared for the international money’s withdraw from China
【小题3】How much money will China have received from Global Fund by the end of this year ?
【小题4】What implication can we get from the passage?
A.Many people are not optimistic about the control of AIDS.
B.Chinese government will take an active part in AIDS control.
C.International charity are treating China unfairly.
D.Most organization related with AIDS control had received money from the Global Fund before this announcement on Monday.
答案【小题1】C【小题2】A【小题3】D【小题4】B
解析试题分析:本文论述了中国面临国际慈善机构和外国的一些组织对于中国的疾病控制资金的资助越来越少的问题,国家负责人明确表示即使中国面临一定的困难,也要努力争取外国资金的援助的同时,自己要采取一定的措施去制止艾滋病的传播。【小题1】这是细节理解题。根据We have to face the truth that international money for AIDS control will gradually leave China and to prepare ourselves to deal with that.”虽然来自国际的资助少了,我们中国仍然要控制艾滋病,故选C。 【小题2】这是细节理解题。根据Han Mengjie, executive director of Global Fund China Programs, said the Chinese government has fully recognized the important role social organizations play in controlling diseases. 中国政府尽可能的寻求外国社会组织的资助,故选A。【小题3】这是细节理解题。根据The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria announced on Monday that it will withhold $95 million from the $270 million in grants(补助金) it had planned to give China. 270-95="175" . 和Official statistics showed the Global Fund has given China $548 million in grants since 5=723,故选D.【小题4】这是推理判断题。根据We have to face the truth that international money for AIDS control will gradually leave China and to prepare ourselves to deal with that.”可推出虽然中国面临一些困难但是会采取积极的措施应对艾滋病的防治工作。故选 B。 考点:这是一篇社会类的文章。点评:做题怎样排除干扰,干扰选项的特点:①夸大事实:对于原文中的细节或论断的某方面程度进行了夸大处理。②无中生有:捏造原文并不存在的信息,并以此作为依据进行推理。③掺入常识:根据考生已有的常识是正确的,但却不是基于文章。④推理过头:引申过度,使结论过于绝对化。
Learning how to be patient with people can be challenging for some. After all, not everybody is gifted with great patience. The good news is that it is something that can be learned and eventually perfected.When the customer before you takes ages to pay for his or her groceries, you tap your foot impatiently and coug but no, the customer is still not hurrying up. It takes all of your power not to make a scene.
However, if you picture that customer to be someone you like (say your partner), then you will find yourself not getting too annoyed, right? So the next time you find yourself losing patience with somebody, simply visualize that person to be someone you really, really like and your patience will extend its life.The second step on how to be patient with people involves whistling. When you whistle a happy tune, you instantly cheer up. You can sing your favorite song if you can't whistle - it really doesn't make a difference. What's important here is that you have done something that makes you feel good. And when you feel good, you are more likely to be patient with the people around you.Next, when you're stressed, it's almost impossible to learn how to be patient with people. If you know you're going to be in a situation where your patience will be tested, meditate or get yourself a massage(按摩) first. Don't dive into anything unless you've managed to clear yourself off negative emotions. Remember: the more stressed you are, the faster you'll lose your temper. The less stress you have in your life, the longer your patience.Learning how to patient with people is not a necessity in life. You've seen people who manage to survive day to day with incredibly bad tempers after all. But do you really want to live like they do? If, however, you want a life that has better quality than that, then just follow these steps and embrace the fact that patience is a virtue. 【小题1】what does the underlined phrase in paragraph 2 mean?
A.quarrel publicly
B.make something appear
C.drive away
D.feel happy
【小题2】Which of the following can best summarize the topic of paragraph2?
A.We should love everyone around us.
B.Show your impatience when your customers aren’t in a hurry.
C.Think of others fondly.
D.To be patient is really difficult occasionally.
【小题3】When you realized that your patience is being examined, you should________.
A.it is possible to control it
B.let it known by whoever you are facing
C.do whatever you like and don’t care what others say
D.learn to relax yourself in a possible way
【小题4】Which of the following statements is NOT true according to the text?
A.We have to learn to be patient with others because it can benefit us.
B.When you are under pressure, it is unavoidable to be impatient.
C.Doing something that you like may make you feel good when you are impatient.
D.Patience is a quality that can be improved.
答案【小题1】A【小题2】C【小题3】D【小题4】A
解析试题分析:本文论述了人们要学会与人相处要有耐心,同时指出耐心也是对人们的一个大的挑战,文中对于如何应对挑战,如何让自己变得有耐心,提出了一些建议,文章最后指出耐心是人们的一种美德。【小题1】这是细节理解题。根据the customer is still not hurrying up. It takes all of your power not 既然是顾客就不能发脾气,就应有耐心,那么就不会在公共场合吵架了,故选A。【小题2】这是题目归纳题。根据So the next time you find yourself losing patience with somebody, simply visualize that person to be someone you really, really like and your patience will extend its life.故选C.【小题3】这是细节理解题。根据If you know you're going to be in a situation where your patience will be tested, meditate or get yourself a massage(按摩) first. Don't dive into anything unless you've managed to clear yourself off negative emotions. 要学会放松自己,故选D。【小题4】这是细节理解题。根据BCD三项都在短文中有阐述,只有A想没有提及,故选A。考点:这是一篇议论文。点评:标题归纳题在英语阅读理解题中属深层理解题,它要求考生在通读全文的基础上,准确把握文章大意及作者的写作意图。一般说来,标题应该具有概括性、针对性、简洁性三个突出特点。其中概括性,是指标题应最大程度地覆盖全文,囊括文章的主要内容,体现文章的主题;针对性,是指标题的含义要直接指向文章的主要特点;而简洁性,则是指标题应言简意赅,能吸引读者的注意力,并唤起读者对文章的阅读兴趣等。
短文改错2013届辽宁省沈阳二中等重点中学协作体高三领航高考预测(六)英语试卷与答案(带解析)
假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文,请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共有10处语言错误,每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(^),并在其下面写出该加的词。删除:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。修改:在错的词下划一个横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词。注意:1. 每处错误及其修改均仅限一词; 2. 只允许修改10处,多者(从第11处起)不计分。What will the city of the future like? No one know for sure, and make predictions is a risky business. In the future, care about the environment will become very important as some of the earth’s natural resources have been run out. We will use lots of recycling materials, such as plastics, aluminum, steel, glass, wood and paper, and we will waste less natural resources. We will also have to rely more on alternative energies, like solar and wind power. All this seems certain, and there are plenty of things about city life in the future are not certain.
答案【小题1】future∨ like →be/look【小题2】know→knows【小题3】make →making【小题4】care→caring【小题5】have been run→去掉been【小题6】recycling→recycled【小题7】less →fewer【小题8】energies→energy【小题9】and→but 【小题10】future∨ are→ that/which
解析试题分析:本文论述了我们的自然资源越来越少,我们一定要节约循环利用,同时要保护我们的环境,保护我们的自然资源。【小题1】will后应用动词原形,所以用be/look.【小题2】No one 是不定代词,它做主语时谓语动词用单数故用knows.【小题3】make predictions是动词短语不能作主语,故用 making.【小题4】care about the environment是动词短语不能作主语,故用caring.【小题5】sth run out没有被动语态。【小题6】recycle 与materials之间是被动关系,故用recycled.【小题7】less 修饰不可数名词;fewer修饰可数名词resources.【小题8】energy是不可数名。【小题9】and表示前后是并列关系,but 表示前后是转折关系 。【小题10】这是定语从句,先行词是things,are 前缺少主语,故用关系代词that/which做主语。考点:这是一篇议论文。点评:文中考查了多个固定短语,形容词、副词、代词及动词等的用法,需要考生有扎实的基础知识。
信息匹配2013届辽宁省沈阳二中等重点中学协作体高三领航高考预测(六)英语试卷与答案(带解析)
根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。
.For example,too many tourists can crowd public places that are
also enjoyed by the inhabitants of the country. If tourists
create too
much traffic,the inhabitants become annoyed and unhappy.They begin to dislike tourists and to treat them impolitely.They forget how much tourism can help the country’s economy.It is important to think about the people of a destination country and how tourism affects them.
.Tourism should also advance the wealth and happiness of local inhabitants.
.If tourism grows too quickly,people must leave other jobs to work in the tourism industry.This means that other parts of the country’s economy can suffer.
.Businesses can also lose money.It costs a great deal of money to build large hotels,airports, first-class roads,and other support facilities needed by tourist attractions. For example,a major international class tourism hotel can cost as much as 50 thousand dollars per room to build.If this room is not used most of the time,the owners of the hotel will lose money.Building a hotel is just a beginning.There must be many other support facilities as well,including roads to get to the hotel,electricity,sewers(下水道)to handle waste,and water.
.If they are not used because there are not enough tourists,jobs and money are lost.
A.It is extremely important to develop tourism
B.Too much tourism can be a problem
C.Without proper planning, tourism can cause problems
D.All of these support facilities cost money
E. Planning is of great importance to tourismF. Tourism should help a country keep the customs and beauty that attract touristsG. On the other hand, if there is not enough tourism, people can lose jobs
答案【小题1】C【小题2】F【小题3】B【小题4】G【小题5】D
解析试题分析:本文论述了旅游业给我们的生活带来的影响,游客过多给当地的居民生活带来了一些不便,发展旅游业过快也会影响人们的就业问题和经济的发展,所以发展旅游业要有长远的发展计划。【小题1】根据下文If tourists
create too
much traffic,the inhabitants become annoyed and unhappy.They begin to dislike tourists and to treat them impolitely.可知没有合适的计划,旅游业会给当地人带来一些问题,故选C。【小题2】根据Tourism should also advance the wealth and happiness of local inhabitants.和它句式结构一样应选F。【小题3】根据If tourism grows too quickly,people must leave other jobs to work in the tourism industry.旅游业增长的快,旅游业就会太多而引起问题,故选B。【小题4】根据Businesses can also lose money生意挣不到钱,可知有些人可能要失业了,故选 G。【小题5】根据There must be many other support facilities as well,including roads to get to the hotel,electricity,sewers(下水道)to handle waste,and water.所有的这些东西都需要钱,故选D。考点:这是一篇议论文。点评:做这种题时,考生应在通读全篇短文的基础上,把握各部分之间的逻辑关系,前后照应,注意文中的“链条”,充分理解短文的内容,使补全后的短文思想通顺,前后连贯,且符合英美人的语言表达方式。
书面表达2013届辽宁省沈阳二中等重点中学协作体高三领航高考预测(六)英语试卷与答案(带解析)
根据下面的汉语提示写一篇英语短文,词数120左右。某中学新建的电子阅览室即将投入使用,一次能容纳200名学生。学校正征询学生意见。假如你是其中的一名学生,请根据以下要点对阅览室的使用提出建议,并陈述理由:1.电子阅览室的开放时间2.向学生提供的浏览项目3.安全管理等注意事项—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
答案不唯一I’m very glad that our newly-built electronic reading room will be put into use soon .Here are my suggestions.
Since the E- reading room can hold 200 students, I think it should be accessible to all the students. In order to suit the students’ timetable, it is better to be open from 6:00a.m.to 10:00p.m. from Monday to Friday and 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. at weekends. As for the books to be stored, the students are very interested in reference books about all the subjects we’re learning. Besides, we also welcome different types of dictionaries, novels, magazines and newspapers, so that we can have a wide range of books to choose from. Once in the reading room, the students are required to keep the room clean and operate according to the instructions. Chatting, smoking and eating are surely forbidden in the reading room. I am sure the reading room will be of great help for us.
解析试题分析:书面表达是检验学生交际能力的一个重要途径。主要考查学生综合运用英语语言的能力,涉及学生的词汇量,正确运用单词的能力,对所学语法的掌握程度,能否按照英语习惯正确表达所要表达的意思的能力等等。测试的题型主要有应用文,看图作文和提示作文。测试内容常常与学生的生活密切相关,也可能是环保或社会焦点。“看图作文”较多,但提示作文有增加的趋势;文体以应用文为主,兼有记叙文、说明文、描写文、议论文。考点:这是一篇记叙文。点评:提醒考生注意适当增加细节以使行文连贯,比如适当选用表示因果、递进、转折关系的连接词,使文章流畅、通顺,并避免因反复使用句式相同的简单句而造成的单调感。

我要回帖

更多关于 thisisthepolice 结局 的文章

随机推荐