house of delegates seat的意思 13 和21分别是什么意思

The Most Impressive Thing From NYSBA House of Delegates
| LinkedIn
This weekend, I was honored to be a Delegate to the New York State Bar Association's House of D it was my first rodeo. &The meeting was held in Cooperstown, New York. &
While there, I observed many amazing, stunning, and impressive things. &The food was out of sight. &The folks of the House of Delegates were a good as the day is long and welcomed me with open arms even though I was a first timer. &The induction of President, David P. Miranda, by rockstar and former Chief Judge of the Court of Appeals, Judith S. Kaye, was super cool. &
Further, the Otesaga Hotel and its views of Lake Otesago were truly breathtaking. &In fact, I do not recall seeing such picturesque scenery since I was in the 6th grade, and my parents loaded up my sister, who was in the 5th grade, and I in the back seat of our 1989 Cutlass Ciera Oldsmobile and drove us from Louisiana to Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming. &(Later, "The Olds" would become my first car when I got my license!)
While I could go on and on, there was one thing that stood out to me above all this. &One thing that was undeniably great. &One thing that moved me to be misty-eyed: &Shirley Adeson Siegel. &
During the meeting, several "Women Attorney TrailBlazers In New York State" were recognized, and two were actually present. &One of those was the great Hon. Judith S. Kaye, who I mentioned above. &
Obviously, you cannot say enough about her and her accomplishments, including being the first woman appointed to the Court of Appeals and our first female Chief Judge. &However, I had heard of the former Chief Judge before, not to mention li she was still acting Chief Judge when I graduated law school in 2007. &
Who I had never heard of was Shirley Adeson Siegel. &At 97, she climbed the stage, took the podium, and told us exactly who she was! &In the beginning, I just thought
for, prior to her speaking, I had no information, including her age, or frame of reference. &As Ms. Siegel began to tell her story, however, I realized just how shockingly awesome this was! &It was so awesome, in fact, that, permitted or not, I had to take the photo above.
Ms. Siegel told about being the only woman in her Yale Law School class back in 1941. &My first thought was how unbelievable and difficult that had to have been. &In my law school class of 2007, which consisted of hundreds of folks, I am sure we had close to half that were women, and having women and other diversities in our class never even entered my mind. &It was as natural and obvious a thing to me as breathing or gravity. &
My next thought as she said this was America's historical World War II had already begun. &If she was graduating in 1941, then it was probably May/June, and in December that very same year, the Japanese would bomb Pearl Harbor. &Her life and all of America was about to drastically change in a matter of months. &My mind was blown.
Ms. Siegel continued explaining how even though she finished among the top in her law school class at Yale, she could not find a job. &She went to 40 not one hired her. &Thankfully, her Yale Professors stepped up and so did Proskauer Rose, where she became their first female attorney.
She mentioned writing Amicus Briefs to the United States Supreme Court. &She also argued before The Nine on more than one occasion. &She was the first person to take the reigns as head of the Civil Rights Bureau within the NY Attorney General's Office. &This was in 1959; she served in that capacity until 1966. &
After she spoke, I took a brief break and exited the meeting. &When I did, I overheard two men, both quite my senior, discussing how impressive Ms. Siegel was. &Agreeing, I chimed in that she moved me so much that I got a little misty eyed. &
The most senior of the two men asked me if that was because I was concerned that I would never reach her accomplishments. &With a confused look on my face, I responded, in sum and substance, explaining th for, I can never hope to do that. &I was misty eyed because I sit here in this House of Delegates extremely grateful at every opportunity I've been given in my life, and I have never had to face the kind of adversity that Ms. Siegel did. &Let's hope none of us ever do.
I would encourage everyone to read about Shirley Adelson Siegel, Judith S. Kaye, and other Woman Attorney Trailblazers in New York State by visiting this link: &. &
&Looking for more of the latest headlines on LinkedIn?

我要回帖

更多关于 seat什么意思 的文章

随机推荐