success,your e-mail address has been beenverifiedd.是什么意思

mysql - Design dilemma: If e-mail address already used, send e-mail &e-mail address already registered&, but can't because can't add duplicate to table - Stack Overflow
to customize your list.
Join the Stack Overflow Community
Stack Overflow is a community of 6.6 million programmers, just like you, helping each other.
J it only takes a minute:
A registration form asks for
username and e-mail address. After the data passes validation it's added to the accounts table. It stores data such as username, password and e-mail address. If the username has already been taken the user will be notified and no data will be added to the table. It was seen as a
if the user was immediately notified that the e-mail address was already in the table. The suggested solution to this was to always send a verification e-mail and if the entered username already existed the e-mail would say "this e-mail address has already been used" (and no activation link would be given of course).
The problem is that as it works now, if the INSERT query fails to insert the data into the table the message "Username taken" is shown. This may be wrong because the e-mail address is set to unique in the table so the query fails if the same e-mail address is entered. I can no longer send out a verification e-mail saying "this e-mail address has already been used" because there is no record in the table containing said e-mail address.
How can I redesign the system so it works?
I'm using MySQL and the table accounts has the primary key username unique key e-mail and the attributes password and activation.
if(mysqli_stmt_execute($createAccount))
echo 'Username available!';
echo 'Username unavailable!';
In SQL is there some way to check to see why the query couldn't be inserted into the table? For example could it tell which attribute had a duplicate value?
Please let me know if my question is unclear.
454k62525841
Run a SELECT query first to identify duplicates.
If no duplicates are found, then you can perform your INSERT.
132k30226361
if you want the DB to perform the required check while inserting the data and you want to be able to distinguish between a failed attempt to add an email and a failed attempt to add a username, the most straightforward solution is to have both an email table and an usernametable. Your actual account table would just keep foreign key to those two tables. Here is an example :
CREATE TABLE username (id INT AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL, value CHAR(80) UNIQUE NOT NULL);
CREATE TABLE email (id
INT AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL, value CHAR(80) UNIQUE NOT NULL);
CREATE TABLE account(id
INT AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL,
username_id
INT NOT NULL,
email_id INT NOT NULL,
FOREIGN KEY (username_id) REFERENCES username(id),
FOREIGN KEY (email_id) REFERENCES email(id) );
Adding a new user will be now performed as several steps in a transaction. You will now be able to know which step failed if any. And being in a transaction, that will conserve the atomicity of the account creation:
START TRANSACTION;
INSERT INTO email(value) VALUES ("");
INSERT INTO username(value) VALUES ("Sylvain");
-- you could obtain the ID programmatically by "last_insert_id"-like function
INSERT INTO account(username_id, email_id) VALUES (1,1);
And querying username and email for a given account will now require a join:
SELECT username.value AS username, email.value AS email
FROM username JOIN account ON username.id = account.username_id
JOIN email ON email.id = account.email_id
WHERE account.id = 1;
I wouldn't say this is necessary the best solution but it works as you wish, I think.
25.9k43358
Your Answer
Post as a guest
Post as a guest
By posting your answer, you agree to the
Not the answer you're looking for?
Browse other questions tagged
rev .24681
Stack Overflow works best with JavaScript enabledKeyboard Shortcuts?
Next menu item
Previous menu item
Previous man page
Next man page
Scroll to bottom
Scroll to top
Goto homepage
Goto search(current page)
Focus search box
Change language:
Brazilian Portuguese
Chinese (Simplified)
mail & Send mail
Description
( string $to
, string $subject
, string $message
[, string $additional_headers
[, string $additional_parameters
Parameters
Receiver, or receivers of the mail.
The formatting of this string must comply with
. Some examples are:
User &&, Another User &&
Subject of the email to be sent.
Subject must satisfy .
Message to be sent.
Each line should be separated with a CRLF (\r\n). Lines should not be
larger than 70 characters.
(Windows only) When PHP is talking to a SMTP server directly, if a full
stop is found on the start of a line, it is removed. To counter-act this,
replace these occurrences with a double dot.
&?php$text&=&str_replace("\n.",&"\n..",&$text);?&
additional_headers (optional)
String to be inserted at the end of the email header.
This is typically used to add extra headers (From, Cc, and Bcc).
Multiple extra headers should be separated with a CRLF (\r\n).
If outside data are used to compose this header, the data should be sanitized
so that no unwanted headers could be injected.
additional_headers does not have mail header
injection protection. Therefore, users must make sure specified headers
are safe and contains headers only. i.e. Never start mail body by putting
multiple newlines.
When sending mail, the mail must contain
a From header. This can be set with the
additional_headers parameter, or a default
can be set in php.ini.
Failing to do this will result in an error
message similar to Warning: mail(): &sendmail_from& not
set in php.ini or custom &From:& header missing.
The From header sets also
Return-Path under Windows.
If messages are not received, try using a LF (\n) only.
Some Unix mail transfer agents (most notably
) replace LF by CRLF
automatically (which leads to doubling CR if CRLF is used).
This should be a last resort, as it does not comply with
additional_parameters (optional)
The additional_parameters parameter
can be used to pass additional flags as command line options to the
program configured to be used when sending mail, as defined by the
sendmail_path configuration setting. For example,
this can be used to set the envelope sender address when using
sendmail with the -f sendmail option.
This parameter is escaped by
internally
to prevent command execution.
command execution, but allows to add additional parameters. For security reasons,
it is recommended for the user to sanitize this parameter to avoid adding unwanted
parameters to the shell command.
is applied automatically, some characters
that are allowed as email addresses by internet RFCs cannot be used.
mail() can not allow such characters, so in programs where the use of
such characters is required, alternative means of sending emails (such as using a framework
or a library) is recommended.
The user that the webserver runs as should be added as a trusted user to the
sendmail configuration to prevent a 'X-Warning' header from being added
to the message when the envelope sender (-f) is set using this method.
For sendmail users, this file is /etc/mail/trusted-users.
Return Values
Returns TRUE if the mail was successfully accepted for delivery, FALSE otherwise.
It is important to note that just because the mail was accepted for delivery,
it does NOT mean the mail will actually reach the intended destination.
Example #1 Sending mail.
Using mail() to send a simple email:
&?php//&The&message$message&=&"Line&1\r\nLine&2\r\nLine&3";//&In&case&any&of&our&lines&are&larger&than&70&characters,&we&should&use&wordwrap()$message&=&wordwrap($message,&70,&"\r\n");//&Sendmail('',&'My&Subject',&$message);?&
Example #2 Sending mail with extra headers.
The addition of basic headers, telling the MUA
the From and Reply-To addresses:
&?php$to&&&&&&=&'';$subject&=&'the&subject';$message&=&'hello';$headers&=&'From:&'&.&"\r\n"&.&&&&'Reply-To:&'&.&"\r\n"&.&&&&'X-Mailer:&PHP/'&.&phpversion();mail($to,&$subject,&$message,&$headers);?&
Example #3 Sending mail with an additional command line parameter.
The additional_parameters parameter
can be used to pass an additional parameter to the program configured
to use when sending mail using the sendmail_path.
&?phpmail('',&'the&subject',&'the&message',&null,&&&'-');?&
Example #4 Sending HTML email
It is also possible to send HTML email with mail().
&?php//&Multiple&recipients$to&=&',&';&//&note&the&comma//&Subject$subject&=&'Birthday&Reminders&for&August';//&Message$message&=&'&html&&head&&&&title&Birthday&Reminders&for&August&/title&&/head&&body&&&&p&Here&are&the&birthdays&upcoming&in&August!&/p&&&&table&&&&&&tr&&&&&&&&th&Person&/th&&th&Day&/th&&th&Month&/th&&th&Year&/th&&&&&&/tr&&&&&&tr&&&&&&&&td&Johny&/td&&td&10th&/td&&td&August&/td&&td&1970&/td&&&&&&/tr&&&&&&tr&&&&&&&&td&Sally&/td&&td&17th&/td&&td&August&/td&&td&1973&/td&&&&&&/tr&&&&/table&&/body&&/html&';//&To&send&HTML&mail,&the&Content-type&header&must&be&set$headers[]&=&'MIME-Version:&1.0';$headers[]&=&'Content-type:&text/&charset=iso-8859-1';//&Additional&headers$headers[]&=&'To:&Mary&&&,&Kelly&&&';$headers[]&=&'From:&Birthday&Reminder&&&';$headers[]&=&'Cc:&';$headers[]&=&'Bcc:&';//&Mail&itmail($to,&$subject,&$message,&implode("\r\n",&$headers));?&
If intending to send HTML or otherwise Complex mails, it is recommended
to use the PEAR package .
The Windows implementation of mail() differs in many
ways from the Unix implementation. First, it doesn't use a local binary
for composing messages but only operates on direct sockets which means a
MTA is needed listening on a network socket (which
can either on the localhost or a remote machine).
Second, the custom headers like
not interpreted by the
MTA in the first place, but are parsed by PHP.
As such, the to parameter should not be an address
in the form of &Something &&&. The
mail command may not parse this properly while talking with
It is worth noting that the mail() function is not
suitable for larger volumes of email in a loop. This function opens
and closes an SMTP socket for each email, which is not very efficient.
For the sending of large amounts of email, see the
The following RFCs may be useful:
- Send an email message
Make sure you enclose \r\n in double quotes (not single quotes!) so that PHP can translate that into the correct linefeed code
Here's a small handy function I use to send email in UTF-8. &?phpfunction mail_utf8($to, $from_user, $from_email, & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & && $subject = '(No subject)', $message = '')&& { & & & $from_user = "=?UTF-8?B?".base64_encode($from_user)."?=";& & & $subject = "=?UTF-8?B?".base64_encode($subject)."?=";& & & $headers = "From: $from_user &$from_email&\r\n". & & & & & & && "MIME-Version: 1.0" . "\r\n" . & & & & & & && "Content-type: text/ charset=UTF-8" . "\r\n"; & && return mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers); && }?&
I have tried many online tutorials to get mail() function working in windows, until i stumbled upon this websiteIt really boils down to changing few directives in php.ini and sendmail.iniChanges required in sendmail.inismtp_server=smtp_port=587error_logfile=error.logdebug_logfile=debug.logauth_username=your-gmail-auth_password=your-gmail-passwordforce_sender=your-gmail-Changes required in php.iniSMTP=smtp_port=587sendmail_from = your-gmail-sendmail_path = "\"C:\xampp\sendmail\sendmail.exe\" -t";sendmail_path = "C:\xampp\mailtodisk\mailtodisk.exe"
Be careful to not put extra spaces for the $headers variable.For example, this didn't work on our servers:$headers = "From: $from \r\n Bcc: $bcc \r\n";But this did:$headers = "From: $from\r\nBcc: $bcc\r\n";Notice the removal of the spaces around the first \r\n.
I was having delivery issues from this function to Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc.& I used the notes here to figure that you need to be setting your Return-Path to a valid email to catch bounces.& There are two extra delivery gotchas on top of that:1) The domain in the email used in the -f option in the php.ini sendmail parameter or in the mail() extra parameters field, needs to have a valid SPF record for the domain (in DNS as a "TXT" record type for sure and add an additional& "SPF" type record if possible).& Why? That's header field being used for spam checks.2) You should also use a domain key or DKIM.& The trick here is that the domain key/DKIM is case sensitive!& I used Cpanel to create my domain key which automatically used all lowercase domain names in the key creation.& I found when& sending email and using a camel case "-f " option, my key was not accepted.& However it was accepted when I used "-f ".There are many other factors that can contribute to mail not getting to inboxes, including your own multiple failed testing attempts, so I suggest you consult each site's guidelines and don't ask me for help.& These are just the couple technical issues that helped my case.I hope this saves someone some time and headaches...
Security advice: Although it is not documented, for the parameters $to and $subject the mail() function changes at least \r and \n to space. So these parameters are safe against injection of additional headers. But you might want to check $to for commas as these separate multiple addresses and you might not want to send to more than one recipient.The crucial part is the $additional_headers parameter. This parameter can't be cleaned by the mail() function. So it is up to you to prevent unwanted \r or \n to be inserted into the values you put in there. Otherwise you just created a potential spam distributor.
When using with sSMTP, I've found that the additional_parameters must be enclosed in quotes after the flags.(The other documentation on this page has no quotes after the flags.)e.g.:$params = '-f"" -F"Info Service"';$to = '';$subj = 'Subject Line';$body = 'Body of the mail';$headers =mail($to, $subj, $body, $headers, $params);
Just a comment on some of the examples, and as a note for those who may be unaware. The SMTP RFC 822 is VERY explicit in stating that \r\n is the ONLY acceptable line break format in the headers, though is a little vague about the message body. While many MTAs will deal with just \n, I've run accross plenty of them that will exhibit "interesting" behaviours when this happens. Those MTAs that are strict in compliance will definitely break when header lines are terminated with only \n. They will also most likely break if the body of the message contains more than 1000 consecutive characters without a \r\n.*Note that RFC 821 is a little more clear in defining:"line& & & A a sequence of ASCII characters ending with a &CRLF&."RFC 821 makes no distinction between header lines and message body lines, since both are actually transmitted during the DATA phase.Bottom line, best practice is to be sure to convert any bare \n characters in the message to \r\n.* "The maximum total length of a text line including the &CRLF& is 1000 characters" (RFC 821)
When setting additional headers while sending email, do not add an entry for "Subject" as shown in some examples.& Yahoo mail (and likely a few others) will not accept any emails with a "Subject" declared in the additional headers along with "Reply to", "From", etc.It took two years and a lot of headache to finally discover this tidbit via trial and error.
For qmail users, I have written a function that talks directly to qmail-queue, rather than going through the sendmail wrapper used by mail(). Thus it allows more direct control over the message (for example, you can adapt the function to display "undisclosed recipients" in to the To: header). It also performs careful validation of the e-mail addresses passed to it, making it more difficult for spammers to exploit your scripts.Please note that this function differs from the mail() function in that the from address must be passed as a _separate_ argument. It is automatically put into the message headers and _does not_ need to be included in $additional_headers.$to can either be an array or a single address contained in a string.$message should not contain any carriage return characters - only linefeeds.No validation is performed on $additional_headers. This is mostly unnecessary because qmail will ignore any additional To: headers injected by a malicious user. However if you have some strange mail setup it might be a problem.The function returns false if the message fails validation or is rejected by qmail-queue, and returns true on success.&?phpfunction qmail_queue($to, $from, $subject, $message, $additional_headers = ""){& & $cmd = "/var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue";& & $hostname = trim(file_get_contents("/var/qmail/control/me"));& & & & if(is_scalar($to))& & & & $to = array($to);& & & & $e = "/^[-+\\.0-9=a-z_]+@([-0-9a-z]+\\.)+([0-9a-z]){2,4}$/i";& & if(!preg_match($e, $from)) return false;& & foreach($to as $rcpt)& & {& & & & if(!preg_match($e, $rcpt)) return false;& & }& & & & if(!preg_match("/^[\\040-\\176]+$/", $subject)) return false;& & & & $dspec = array& & (& & & & array("pipe", "r"), array("pipe", "r") );& & $pipes = array();& & $proc = proc_open($cmd, $dspec, $pipes);& & if(!is_resource($proc)) return false;& & & & if(!empty($additional_headers))& & {& & & & fwrite($pipes[0], $additional_headers . "\n");& & }& & & & fwrite($pipes[0], "To: " . $to[0]); for($i = 1; $i & sizeof($to); $i++) {& & & & fwrite($pipes[0], ", " . $to[$i]);& & }& & fwrite($pipes[0], "\nSubject: " . $subject . "\n");& & fwrite($pipes[0], "From: " . $from . "\n");& & fwrite($pipes[0], "Message-Id: &" . md5(uniqid(microtime())) . "@" . $hostname . "&\n");& & fwrite($pipes[0], "Date: " . date("r") . "\n\n");& & fwrite($pipes[0], $message);& & fwrite($pipes[0], "\n");& & fclose($pipes[0]);& & & & fwrite($pipes[1], "F" . $from . "\0");& & foreach($to as $rcpt)& & {& & & & fwrite($pipes[1], "T" . $rcpt . "\0");& & }& & fwrite($pipes[1], "\0");& & fclose($pipes[1]);& & & & return proc_close($proc) == 0;}?&
Note that there is a big difference between the behavior of this function on Windows systems vs. UNIX systems. On Windows it delivers directly to an SMTP server, while on a UNIX system it uses a local command to hand off to the system's own MTA.
The upshot of all this is that on a Windows system your& message and headers must use the standard line endings \r\n as prescribed by the email specs. On a UNIX system the MTA's "sendmail" interface assumes that recieved data will use UNIX line endings and will turn any \n to \r\n, so you must supply only \n to mail() on a UNIX system to avoid the MTA hypercorrecting to \r\r\n.
If you use plain old \n on a Windows system, some MTAs will get a little upset. qmail in particular will refuse outright to accept any message that has a lonely \n without an accompanying \r.
For those who, just like me, was wondering what happens if you overwrite the "To" and "Subject" parameters with corresponding headers, here's your answer:At least in unix environment (tested with CentOS6 + Exim), is that your custom headers are appended to email headers without any parsing. The final result is:&?php$headers = "To: \r\n";$headers .= "Subject: Subject as a header\r\n";$headers .= "From: ";mail("", "Subject as a parameter", "Sample message", $headers);?&As you can see, both headers are used.Same thing happens when you use "" or FALSE as parameter, headers will still be duplicated:&?phpmail(false, false, "Sample message", $headers);?&So, you SHOULD NEVER add custom "To" or "Subject" headers in your $headers parameter, as they will be placed AFTER the ones that you informed before in the MAIL() function parameters, very likely resulting in unexpected behaviours.Behaviours known so far (tests using Exim / GMail):- Exim read all "To:" headers, and send me- If you use $to parameter and add "To: {$to}" header, recipient will get two c- You can leave $to parameter empty, if you don't want any visible recipients (then, use only Bcc). However, anything "non-empty" (like $to="undisclosed-recipients") will be treated as a recipient, and your server will waste time and resources trying to send it and bouncing it when that delivery fails.- Gmail only consider the first "Subject" header.
Since lines in $additional_headers must be separated by \n on Unix and \r\n on Windows, it might be useful to use the PHP_EOL constant which contains the correct value on either platform.Note that this variable was introduced in PHP 5.0.2 so to write portable code that also works in PHP versions before that, use the following code to make sure it exists:&?phpif (!defined('PHP_EOL')) define ('PHP_EOL', strtoupper(substr(PHP_OS,0,3) == 'WIN') ? "\r\n" : "\n");?&
I recently changed hosting companies and spent a day trying to see why an email script that had been working for years failed on the new server.The answer was that the old hosting company's email server accepted multiple "CC:" lines in the additional headers string, and the new did not. Thus on the new server...$add_hdr .= "CC: " . $email1 . PHP_EOL;$add_hdr .= "CC: " . $email2 . PHP_EOL;...did not work, but...$add_hdr .= "CC: " . $email1 . ", " . $email2 . PHP_EOL;...did work.In both cases, PHP's mail() function returned no error, but until I placed both emails, comma-separated, in the same line I was getting the following error:550 Messages should have one or no Cc headers, not 2.Hope this helps someone.
if your mail is failing (returns false) be aware that many servers are configured to kill mail going out with a bcc or cc header.The ideal workaround is to use the smtp functions which servers allow because of its better audit trail. Alternatively call the mail function several times.I've just spent about four hours trying to work out what I was doing wrong!!
Searched for ages on the internet trying to find something that parses EML files and then sends them...for all of you who want to send an EML files you first have to upload it, read it, then delete it. Here's my function...it's specialised for a single form where the user uploads the EML file. &?phpif(isset($_POST['submit'])){function eml_read_in(){& & $file_ext = stristr($_FILES['upload']['name'], '.');& & & & if($file_ext == '.eml')& & {& & & & & & $dir = 'eml/';& & & & $file = $dir.basename($_FILES['upload']['name']);& & & & $carry = 'yes';& & & & & & & & if(move_uploaded_file($_FILES['upload']['tmp_name'], $file))& & & & {& & & & & & & & & & if($eml_file = file($file))& & & & & & {& & & & & & & & & & & & & & $headers = array();& & & & & & & & $body = '';& & & & & & & & $ii = -1;& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & foreach($eml_file as $key =& $value)& & & & & & & & {& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & $pattern = '^&html&';& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & if(((eregi($pattern, $value)))||($carry == 'no'))& & & & & & & & & & {& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & $carry = 'no';& & & & & & & & & & & & $i++;& & & & & & & & & & & & $body .= $value;& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & }& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & else& & & & & & & & & & {& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & if(($eml_file_expl = explode(':', $value))&&($carry == 'yes'))& & & & & & & & & & & & {& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & if(isset($eml_file_expl[1]))& & & & & & & & & & & & & & {& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & $headers[$eml_file_expl[0]] = $eml_file_expl[1];& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & for($i=2;$i&=$count;$i++)& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & {& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & $headers[$eml_file_expl[0]] .= ':'.$eml_file_expl[$i];& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & }& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & }& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & }& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & }& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & }& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & $eml_values = array();& & & & & & & & $eml_values[to] = $headers[To];& & & & & & & & $eml_values[from] = $headers[From];& & & & & & & & $eml_values[subject] = $headers[Subject];& & & & & & & & $eml_values['reply-to'] = $headers['Reply-To'];& & & & & & & & $eml_values['content-type'] = $headers['Content-Type'];& & & & & & & & $eml_values[body] = $body;& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & unlink($file);& & & & & & & & & & & & return $eml_values;& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & }& & & & & & & & & & }& & & & & & & & else& & & & {& & & & & & & & & & return '&p&File not uploaded - there was an error&/p&';& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & }& & & & & & }& & }& & $eml_pattern = eml_read_in()if(mail($eml_pattern[to], $eml_pattern[subject], $eml_pattern[content], $headers)) echo 'Mail Sent';?&
***Encoding plain text as quoted-printable in MIME email***
If you don't want to install IMAP and use imap_8bit() to encode plain text or html message as quoted-printable
(friendly french special characters encoding :-) in MIME email, try this function.
I haven't fully tested it ( like with microtime with long mails). I send html message as 7-bit, so I didn't try yet with html.
If you have good html practise, you don't really need to encode html as quote-printable as it only uses 7-bit chars.
F.Touchard
&?php
function qp_encoding($Message) {
& &
& & for ($i=0; $i&127; $i++) {
& & & & $CharList[$i] = "/".chr($i+128)."/";
& & & & $HexList[$i] = "=".strtoupper(bin2hex(chr($i+128)));
& & }
& & $Message = str_replace("=", "=3D", $Message);
& & $Message = preg_replace($CharList, $HexList, $Message);
& & $MessageLines = split("\n", $Message);
& & $Message_qp = "";
& & while(list(, $Line) = each($MessageLines)) {
& & & & if (strlen($Line) & 75) {
& & & & & & $Pointer = 0;& & & &
& & & & & & while ($Pointer &= strlen($Line)) {
& & & & & & & & $Offset = 0;
& & & & & & & & if (preg_match("/^=(3D|([8-9A-F]{1}[0-9A-F]{1}))$/", substr($Line, ($Pointer+73), 3))) $Offset=-2;
& & & & & & & & if (preg_match("/^=(3D|([8-9A-F]{1}[0-9A-F]{1}))$/", substr($Line, ($Pointer+74), 3))) $Offset=-1;
& & & & & & & & $Message_qp.= substr($Line, $Pointer, (75+$Offset))."=\n";
& & & & & & & & if ((strlen($Line) - ($Pointer+75)) &= 75) {& & & & & & & &
& & & & & & & & & & $Message_qp.= substr($Line, ($Pointer+75+$Offset))."\n";
& & & & & & & & & & break 1;
& & & & & & & & }
& & & & & & & & $Pointer+= 75+$Offset;
& & & & & & }
& & & & } else {
& & & & & & $Message_qp.= $Line."\n";
& & & & }
& & }& & & &
& & return $Message_qp;
}
?&
RFC-2822 is quite explicit, that "Though some message&& systems locally store messages in this format (which eliminates the need for translation between formats) and others use formats that differ from the one specified in this standard, local storage is outside of the scope of this standard."And it is not just "some", but most Unix mailers choke when you try pipe CRLF instead of Unix line endings to "sendmail" command.& PHP is using line endings as is, so you have better chances for success if you use Unix file format or line endings.
When dealing with mail headers "\n" and "\r\n" *sometimes* makes a big difference.Once our CentOs servers got re-installed, all headers like:& $headers = "MIME-Version: 1.0\r\n";& $headers.= "Content-type: text/ charset=iso-8859-1\r\n"; ...became part of message body instead of headersI was able to fixed this by replacing "\r\n" with just "\n"
If you're sending a large attachment, you may encounter overflow problem.AFAIK, two common limits could be responsible.1. Postfix message size limit.Edit /etc/postfix/main.cf . Change the value of "message_size_limit".2. Apache memory size limit for scripts.Edit /etc/php.ini . Change the value of "memory_limit".//Then reload (or restart) Postfix and Apache.//Empirically, sending 200MB attachment requires 500MB memory.Be careful! Raising memory limits may cause unexpected consequences, and is hence deprecated.Recommended alternatives include:* Pack and split attachment into several emails.* Only include a link to the file. The receiver can download it later.* Use IMAP/POP3 server (e.g. Dovecot).
Setting an envelope-sender address avoids mail bounces annoying your system administrator.If your mail cannot be delivered, it will be rejected to the address specified as the "SMTP-envelope-from" (or the "envelope sender" or "return path", depending on the terminology you like to use )If you do not explicitly set an envelope-from address then PHP will default to the php.ini setting which - if you have not set this yourself - could be nobody@[your-ISP-domain] or anonymous@[your-ISP-domain], for example.To avoid bothering the person at that address - or indeed, if you are wondering why you are not receiving mail rejections yourself - you should use the "-f" option in the &$additional_parameters& argument to set a valid address.(and, by the way: If you do this, but you do not set a From: address in the &$additional_headers& argument then PHP will set a default From: address of "From: Nobody &your-envelope-sender-setting&". ).
Currently my hosting service is on Godaddy. When attempting to use the mail function without the fifth parameter containing "-f", my message headers would not work.
Whenever your message headers do not work, simply try using the fifth parameter:
&?php
mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers, "-femail.");
?&
If you want to send UTF-8 HTML letter you need to mention charset twice:1) In message header:&?php$headers .= 'Content-type: text/ charset=utf-8' . "\r\n";?&2) In HTML header:&?php$message = '&html&&head&&& &meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/ charset=utf-8" /&&& &title&Fillon soutient à fond le retour d\'un Grand Prix de France&/title&&/head&&body&&& &p&Le Premier ministre Fran?ois Fillon, passionné d\'automobile et pilote à ses heures, a apporté un soutien appuyé au retour d\'un Grand Prix de France au calendrier 2013 de la Formule 1, en faisant un passage-éclair vendredi sur le circuit Paul Ricard dans le Var.&/p&&/body&&/html&';In this case Outlook will also "understand" that message is encoded using UTF-8.
When using the PHP mail() function with IIS 6 on Windows Server 2003, check your "Relay" settings on the SMTP Virtual Server in IIS.& If you grant access to 127.0.0.1 and set then set your php.ini SMTP to the same IP address (along with setting the same port 25), you should have success in sending mail.& I'm using PHP 5.3 and have had success with this configuration and did not have to define the "sendmail_from" setting in our php.ini file.
My mime multipart/alternative messages were going ok, until I switched to qmail with php .. after years of painfull searching, I came across this on the Life With Qmail 'Gotchas' section:G.11. Carriage Return/Linefeed (CRLF) line breaks don't workqmail-inject and other local injection mechanisms like sendmail don't work right when messages are injected with DOS-style carriage return/linefeed (CRLF) line breaks. Unlike Sendmail, qmail requires locally-injected messages to use Unix newlines (LF only). This is a common problem with PHP scripts.So now, I can go back to sending emails with text AND html components :)
There differenece in body, headers of email (with attachment, without attachment), see this complete example below:work great for me (LINUX , WIN) and (Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, Gmail, ...)&?php$to& & & = $_POST['to']; $email&& = $_POST['email']; $name& & = $_POST['name'];$subject = $_POST['subject']; $comment = $_POST['message'];$To& & & & & = strip_tags($to);$TextMessage =strip_tags(nl2br($comment),"&br&");$HTMLMessage =nl2br($comment);$FromName& & =strip_tags($name);$FromEmail&& =strip_tags($email);$Subject& && =strip_tags($subject);$boundary1&& =rand(0,9)."-".rand(,)."-".rand(,)."=:".rand(10000,99999);$boundary2&& =rand(0,9)."-".rand(,)."-".rand(,)."=:".rand(10000,99999); for($i=0; $i & count($_FILES['youfile']['name']); $i++){if(is_uploaded_file($_FILES['fileatt']['tmp_name'][$i]) && && !empty($_FILES['fileatt']['size'][$i]) && && !empty($_FILES['fileatt']['name'][$i])){& && $attach& & & ='yes';$end& & & && ='';&& $handle& & & =fopen($_FILES['fileatt']['tmp_name'][$i], 'rb'); && $f_contents& =fread($handle, $_FILES['fileatt']['size'][$i]); && $attachment[]=chunk_split(base64_encode($f_contents));&& fclose($handle); $ftype[]& & && =$_FILES['fileatt']['type'][$i];$fname[]& & && =$_FILES['fileatt']['name'][$i];}}$Headers& && =&&&AKAMFrom: $FromName &$FromEmail&Reply-To: $FromEmailMIME-Version: 1.0Content-Type: multipart/& & boundary="$boundary1"AKAM;$Body& & & & =&&&AKAMMIME-Version: 1.0Content-Type: multipart/& & boundary="$boundary1"This is a multi-part message in MIME format.--$boundary1Content-Type: text/& & charset="windows-1256"Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable$TextMessage--$boundary1Content-Type: text/& & charset="windows-1256"Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable$HTMLMessage--$boundary1--AKAM;if($attach=='yes') {$attachments='';$Headers& && =&&&AKAMFrom: $FromName &$FromEmail&Reply-To: $FromEmailMIME-Version: 1.0Content-Type: multipart/& & boundary="$boundary1"AKAM;for($j=0;$j&count($ftype); $j++){$attachments.=&&&ATTA--$boundary1Content-Type: $ftype[$j];& & name="$fname[$i]"Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64Content-Disposition:& & filename="$fname[$j]"$attachment[$j]ATTA;}$Body& & & & =&&&AKAMThis is a multi-part message in MIME format.--$boundary1Content-Type: multipart/& & boundary="$boundary2"--$boundary2Content-Type: text/& & charset="windows-1256"Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable$TextMessage--$boundary2Content-Type: text/& & charset="windows-1256"Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable$HTMLMessage--$boundary2--$attachments--$boundary1--AKAM;}$ok=mail($To, $Subject, $Body, $Headers);echo $ok?"&h1& Mail Sent&/h1&":"&h1& Mail not SEND&/h1&";?&
Bare LFs in SMTP
&?php
$message = preg_replace("#(?&!\r)\n#si", "\r\n", $message);
$headers = preg_replace('#(?&!\r)\n#si', "\r\n", $headers);
?&
If you use mutt, do as below, /usr/bin/mutt -s '$subject' -f /dev/null -e 'set copy=no' -e 'set from = "{$GLOBALS[cfg][email_from]}"' -a '$attach_file_full_path' '{$GLOBALS[cfg][email_to]}' &/dev/null 2&&1;
To define a mail sensitivity you have to put this line in the headers:&?php& & & & $headers = "MIME-Version: 1.0\n" ;& & & & $headers .= "Content-Type: text/ charset=\"iso-8859-1\"\n";& & & & $headers .= "Sensitivity: Personal\n"; $status&& = mail($to, $subject, $message,$headers);?& Possible Options:Sensitivity: Normal, Personal, Private and Company-ConfidentialThese will be recognised and handled in Outlook, Thunderbird and others.
Change the function addattachment for multipartmail to auto detect the mime_content_type ...
&?php
& && function addattachment($file){
& & & && $fname = substr(strrchr($file, "/"), 1);
& & & && $data = file_get_contents($file);
& & & && $i = count($this-&parts);
& & & && $content_id = "part$i." . sprintf("%09d", crc32($fname)) . strrchr($this-&to_address, "@");
& & & && $this-&parts[$i] = "Content-Type: ".mime_content_type($file)."; name=\"$fname\"\r\n" .
& & & & & & & & & & & & && "Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64\r\n" .
& & & & & & & & & & & & && "Content-ID: &$content_id&\r\n" .
& & & & & & & & & & & & && "Content-Disposition:\n" .
& & & & & & & & & & & & && " filename=\"$fname\"\r\n" .
& & & & & & & & & & & & && "\n" .
& & & & & & & & & & & & && chunk_split( base64_encode($data), 68, "\n");
& & & && return $content_id;
& && }
?&
It might be good to know, that you might get some Header error using the boundary, if it's not done correctly.I got the header error about wrong close of the boundary, which in my case wasn't what was really wrong.The thing to fix this might be to give the header before this a "\n\r", which might fix it.For my case I needed to this twice, as I am doing this as strings, but as arrays and implodes them at the end with the "\n\r". I did it also in the specific header array, where the boundary is generated.
When sending MIME email make sure you follow the documentation with the "70" characters per line...you may end up with missing characters...and that is really hard to track down...
If you are getting frustrated that your email is being sent as plain text instead of HTML, typically one of your headers showing up in the email (even if other scripts on the same server seem to work fine!!!) then structure your headers like this:
&?php
$headers = 'From: You &&' . "\n";
$headers .= 'MIME-Version: 1.0' . "\n";
$headers .= 'Content-type: text/ charset=iso-8859-1' . "\r\n";
?&
Notice that the From is before the MIME and Content and only Content ends with "\r\n", the other are just "\n"
Not sure how it is possible for other scripts on the same server, same domain to work fine as shown in the very top instructions, and others need this crap... I spent a very frustrating couple hours figuring this out, hope you can avoid doing the same.
It is also advisable to set the return hence it will avoid the email to land in the spam folder!
eg:
$headers.="Return-Path:&&\r\n";
A simple class for sending email &?phpclass Email {& & & & private $to = array();& & private $cc = array();& & private $bCc = array();& & private $from = null; & & private $subject = null;& & private $body = null;& & & & private $contentType = 'html';& & & & public $charSet = 'UTF-8'; & & public function isPlain() & & {& & & & $this-&contentType= 'plain';& & }& & & & public function __construct() & & {& & & & & & & & ;& & }& & public function setFrom($email, $name = null) & & {& & & & & & & & if ($name !== null) {& & & & & & $stFrom = trim($email) . ' &' . trim($email) . '&';& & & & } else {& & & & & & $stFrom = $email;& & & & }& & & & $this-&from = $stFrom;& & }& & & & public function setSubject($subject)& & {& & & & $this-&subject = trim($subject);& & }& & public function setBody($body)& & {& & & & $this-&body = $body;& & }& & & & private function addAddress($email, $destType, $name = null) & & {& & & & if ($name !== null) {& & & & & & $stTo = trim($name) . ' &' . trim($email) . '&';& & & & } else {& & & & & & $stTo = $email;& & & & }& & & & & & & & $this-&{$destType}[] = $stTo;& & & & & & }& & public function addTo($email, $name = null) & & {& & & & & & & & & & & & $this-&addAddress($email, 'to', $name); & & }& & & & public function addCC($email, $name = null) & & {& & & & & & & & $this-&addAddress($email, 'cc', $name);& & }& & & & public function addBCC($email, $name = null) & & {& & & & & & & & $this-&addAddress($email, 'bCc', $name);& & }& & public function send() & & {& & & & & & & & $stErros = '';& & & & & & & & if ($this-&from === null) {& & & & & & $stErros .= '&li&Informe o remetente da mensagem.&/li&';& & & & }& & & & if (count($this-&to) === 0) {& & & & & & $stErros .= '&li&Informe ao menos um destinatário.&/li&';& & & & }& & & & if ($this-&subject === null) {& & & & & & $stErros .= '&li&Informe o assunto da mensagem.&/li&';& & & & }& & & & & & & & if ($this-&body === null) {& & & & & & $stErros .= '&li&Informe o texto da mensagem.&/li&';& & & & }& & & & & & & & if ($stErros !== '') {& & & & & & throw new Exception('Email erro(s): &ul&' . $stErros . '&/ul&');& & & & }& & & & & & & & $headers = array();& & & & $headers[] = "MIME-Version: 1.0";& & & & $headers[] = "Content-type: text/{$this-&contentType}; charset={$this-&charSet}";& & & & & & && & & & & $headers[] = "From: {$this-&from}"; & & & & & & & & if (count($this-&cc) & 0) {& & & & & & foreach ($this-&cc as $bCc) {& & & & & & & & $headers[] = 'Cc: ' . $bCc;& & & & & & }& & & && & & & & }& & & & if (count($this-&bCc) & 0) {& & & & & & foreach ($this-&bCc as $bCc) {& & & & & & & & $headers[] = 'Bcc: ' . $bCc;& & & & & & }& & & && & & & & }& & & & & & & & $stTo = implode(", ", $this-&to);& & & & $stHeaders = implode("\r\n", $headers);& & & & & & & & if ($this-&contentType === 'html') {& & & & & & $body = '&html&&head&&title&&/title&&meta http-equiv=Content-Type content=text/ charset=UTF-8&';& & & & & & $body .= '&/head&&body&&table width="800" border="0"&&tr&&td&&p align="justify" style="color:#000000;"&';& & & & & & $body .=& nl2br($this-&body); & & & & & & $body .= '&/p&&/td&&/tr&&/table&&/body&&/html&';& & & & } else {& & & & & & $body = $this-&body;& & & & }& & & & $boSend = @mail($stTo, $this-&subject, $body, $stHeaders);& & & & if (!$boSend) {& & & & & & throw new Exception('Email fail');& & & & }& & & & & & }& & & public function clearAllRecipients() & & {& & & & $this-&to = array();& & & & $this-&cc = array();& & & & $this-&bCc = array();& & }}?&
Outlook 2007 seemed to be a little finicky with me to have carriage returns in the headers. So any \r\n resulted in messages that had default apache messages sent over to me.As soon as I removed \r from all of the headers, the script started working fine. Hope that helped.
I've noticed that on some versions of PHP occasionally mail() returns the empty string for success, rather than true or false. The empty string evaluates to false.if you use constructs likeif ( mail( ... ) ){& # do something here on success}this wont work consistently.so you need code like$ret=mail(....)if ( $ret == '' || $ret ){& # do something here}to get consistent results.
mail() doesn't seem to appreciate the To address and From address being the same.I spent several hours this afternoon wondering why I wasn't receiving mail but the function reported success before I finally changed the sender to something different.
Note, that single line should not contain more than 78 character, but is not allowed to contain more than 998 characters.The possible consequences are:Over 78 - clients are allowed to display the message in a "harder to read" way.Over 998 - clients and servers are allowed to drop the message or cause any buffer-limit error.See: part 2.1.1.
The example indicates \r\n at the end of each line in the headers but this was causing me problems as emails showed some of the headers as part of the body.& I simply used only \n as in some of the other examples and the problem went away.
An important rule of thumb, because it seems few really follow it and it can alleviate so many headaches: When filtering your email headers for injection characters use a regular expression to judge whether the user's input is valid.& For example to see if the user entered a valid e-mail address use something like& [a-zA-Z0-9._%-]+@[a-zA-Z0-9.-]+\.[a-zA-Z]{2,4}.& Dont try to filter out bad characters (like searching for LF or CR), because you will ALWAYS miss something.& You can be sure your application is more secure going this route....provided the regular expression is valid!& This same point goes for any sort of form input not just for sending out emails.
If using sendmail as transport agent, setting the "DeliveryMode" to "background" (asynchronous) instead of the default "interactive" (synchronous) makes mail() a lot faster, while still sending immediately.You can either use the "additional parameters", e.g. mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers, 'O DeliveryMode=b'), or make this mode default by changing php.ini's "sendmail_path" to 'sendmail -t -i -O DeliveryMode=b'.
Hi,I had lots of problems using the code in the exemple. HTML was not rightly formated in my email.Problem solved by replacing "\r\n" by "\n" as header end line.
Hello,it's sometime hard to include multiple attachment, or to include pictures inside body.Please find these 2 functions allowing sending email with attachment.usage : &?phpecho date("H:i:s");echo mail::sendMail("", "Test Attach ".& date("H:i:s"), "Contenu du mail &a href='&&/a&", __FILE__, "",'' , true);?&source :&?phpclass mail {& & public static function prepareAttachment($path) {& & & & $rn = "\r\n";& & & & if (file_exists($path)) {& & & & & & $finfo = finfo_open(FILEINFO_MIME_TYPE);& & & & & & $ftype = finfo_file($finfo, $path);& & & & & & $file = fopen($path, "r");& & & & & & $attachment = fread($file, filesize($path));& & & & & & $attachment = chunk_split(base64_encode($attachment));& & & & & & fclose($file);& & & & & & $msg = 'Content-Type: \'' . $ftype . '\'; name="' . basename($path) . '"' . $rn;& & & & & & $msg .= "Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64" . $rn;& & & & & & $msg .= 'Content-ID: &' . basename($path) . '&' . $rn;$msg .= $rn . $attachment . $rn . $rn;& & & & & & return $msg;& & & & } else {& & & & & & return false;& & & & }& & }& & public static function sendMail($to, $subject, $content, $path = '', $cc = '', $bcc = '', $_headers = false) {& & & & $rn = "\r\n";& & & & $boundary = md5(rand());& & & & $boundary_content = md5(rand());$headers = 'From: Mail System PHP &no-&' . $rn;& & & & $headers .= 'Mime-Version: 1.0' . $rn;& & & & $headers .= 'Content-Type: multipart/boundary=' . $boundary . $rn;& & & & if ($cc != '') {& & & & & & $headers .= 'Cc: ' . $cc . $rn;& & & & }& & & & if ($bcc != '') {& & & & & & $headers .= 'Bcc: ' . $cc . $rn;& & & & }& & & & $headers .= $rn;$msg = $rn . '--' . $boundary . $rn;& & & & $msg.= "Content-Type: multipart/" . $rn;& & & & $msg.= " boundary=\"$boundary_content\"" . $rn;$msg.= $rn . "--" . $boundary_content . $rn;& & & & $msg .= 'Content-Type: text/ charset=ISO-8859-1' . $rn;& & & & $msg .= strip_tags($content) . $rn;$msg.= $rn . "--" . $boundary_content . $rn;& & & & $msg .= 'Content-Type: text/ charset=ISO-8859-1' . $rn;& & & & $msg .= 'Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable' . $rn;& & & & if ($_headers) {& & & & & & $msg .= $rn . '&img src=3D"cid:template-H.PNG" /&' . $rn;& & & & }& & & & $msg .= $rn . '&div&' . nl2br(str_replace("=", "=3D", $content)) . '&/div&' . $rn;& & & & if ($_headers) {& & & & & & $msg .= $rn . '&img src=3D"cid:template-F.PNG" /&' . $rn;& & & & }& & & & $msg .= $rn . '--' . $boundary_content . '--' . $rn;if ($path != '' && file_exists($path)) {& & & & & & $conAttached = self::prepareAttachment($path);& & & & & & if ($conAttached !== false) {& & & & & & & & $msg .= $rn . '--' . $boundary . $rn;& & & & & & & & $msg .= $conAttached;& & & & & & }& & & & }& & & & if ($_headers) {& & & & & & $imgHead = dirname(__FILE__) . '/../../../../modules/notification/ressources/img/template-H.PNG';& & & & & & $conAttached = self::prepareAttachment($imgHead);& & & & & & if ($conAttached !== false) {& & & & & & & & $msg .= $rn . '--' . $boundary . $rn;& & & & & & & & $msg .= $conAttached;& & & & & & }& & & & & & $imgFoot = dirname(__FILE__) . '/../../../../modules/notification/ressources/img/template-F.PNG';& & & & & & $conAttached = self::prepareAttachment($imgFoot);& & & & & & if ($conAttached !== false) {& & & & & & & & $msg .= $rn . '--' . $boundary . $rn;& & & & & & & & $msg .= $conAttached;& & & & & & }& & & & }$msg .= $rn . '--' . $boundary . '--' . $rn;mail($to, $subject, $msg, $headers);& & }}?&
If you are using the sendmail app from an exim package or something you don't really need to change the normal parameters PHP gives it (-t -i) as other posts described.
I just added "-f " and it worked.
One thing that got me stuck for a few hours was trying to figure out why the return-path was set as the user (user running php) and not what I was setting it with the -f option then I later found at that in order to forcefully set the return-path the user account running the command must be in exim's trusted users configuration! It helps to add trusted_groups as well then everything works fine :)
- Richard Sumilang
Another possible cause for the "501 5.5.4 Invalid Address" type errors when sending mail from Windows is specifying BCC or CC parameters with no value.
Please note that using an address in this format "Zane, CEO - MegaLab.it" &myaddrr@mydomain& (" are needed due to comma) works as expected under *nix, but WON'T WORK under Windows.This is an example&?phpmail("\"Zane, CEO - MegaLab.it\" &myaddrr@mydomain&", "prova da test_zane", "dai funziona...");?&It works under *unix, but it doensn't under Win: different error are reported:Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 553 5.0.0 &"Zane&... Unbalanced '"'Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 501 5.5.4 Invalid Address
When using mail() under a windows installation (tested under Xampp 1.7.7) any line in $headers that is (between the first and last properly formatted mail header and not a properly formatted mail headers itself) or (that is empty) is removed. As a result MIME formatted messages get scrambled. I am not sure if this behaviour is by design, but this is what it seems to do.Example $headers:01 From: "me" &&02 MIME-Version: 1.003 Content-Type: multipart/04& & & && boundary=streamline503e8a5d00efdMessage05 06 --streamline503e8a5d00efdMessage07 Content-Type: multipart/08& & & && boundary=streamline503e8a5d00efdBody09 10 --streamline503e8a5d00efdBody11 Content-Type: text/12& & & && charset=UTF-813 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable14 15 This message is written in HTML only.16 17 --streamline503e8a5d00efdBody18 Content-Type: text/19& & & && charset=UTF-820 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable21 22 This is an email with &b&html&/b&content23 --streamline503e8a5d00efdBody--24 25 --streamline503e8a5d00efdMessage--26 27 .Here, lines 05, 09, 10, 14, 15, 16, 17 are removed. The first properly formatted mail header is on line 01. The last properly formatted mail header is on line 20. The before mentioned entries are between 01 and 20, not properly formatted mail headers themselves and are therefore removed.Also, lines 21, 24, 26 are removed because they are empty.As a result this message will be delivered, but the mime structure is broken, since relevant lines are left out.The solution is to pass lines 01 through 04 in $headers and to pass 06 through 26 to $message. $message will passed unchanged and the mime structure will remain intact.
&?php** * Function responsible for sending unicode emails. * * @author Gajus Kuizinas &g.kuizinas@anuary.com& * @version 1.0.1 () */function mail_send($arr){& & if (!isset($arr['to_email'], $arr['from_email'], $arr['subject'], $arr['message'])) {& & & & throw new HelperException('mail(); not all parameters provided.');& & }& & & & $to& & & & & & = empty($arr['to_name']) ? $arr['to_email'] : '"' . mb_encode_mimeheader($arr['to_name']) . '" &' . $arr['to_email'] . '&';& & $from& & & & = empty($arr['from_name']) ? $arr['from_email'] : '"' . mb_encode_mimeheader($arr['from_name']) . '" &' . $arr['from_email'] . '&';& & & & $headers& & = array& & (& & & & 'MIME-Version: 1.0',& & & & 'Content-Type: text/ charset="UTF-8";',& & & & 'Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit',& & & & 'Date: ' . date('r', $_SERVER['REQUEST_TIME']),& & & & 'Message-ID: &' . $_SERVER['REQUEST_TIME'] . md5($_SERVER['REQUEST_TIME']) . '@' . $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] . '&',& & & & 'From: ' . $from,& & & & 'Reply-To: ' . $from,& & & & 'Return-Path: ' . $from,& & & & 'X-Mailer: PHP v' . phpversion(),& & & & 'X-Originating-IP: ' . $_SERVER['SERVER_ADDR'],& & );& & & & mail($to, '=?UTF-8?B?' . base64_encode($arr['subject']) . '?=', $arr['message'], implode("\n", $headers));}?&Here is my helper function for those who are having problems properly handling UTF-8, subject, HTML, or even the headers data. I've been using it for over a year. It works fine with simple emails.For anything more advanced (specifically, handling attachments and multiple email versions), you should be using an existing library like
If you're using a linux server using Postfix, and your server hasn't the host name set to a valid name (because it's behind a firewall in an intranet), it's possible that when sending mails using the mail function, some mail servers reject them. This is because they can't check the return path header. If you want to change the Return-Path used by sendmail init the php.ini and edit the sendmail_path variable to this:
sendmail_path = "sendmail -t -i -F
I recently had an issue where the mail() function would work fine from the php cli but not from apache.I eventually traced this down to the fact that I was using apparmorSpecifically, I configured apparmor to deny the apache user the ability to use /bin/dashAfter changing apparmor to /bin/dash rix and reloading the apparmor profile, mail workedIn other words, mail requires the account/program executing the script to be able to use /bin/dashI hope this helps someone
This is for Windows Server 2003, IIS 6.0 with SMTP virtual server. The problem I had was not including init_set for the SMTP server, I thought the SMTP definition in the IIS SMTP virtual server configuration would work.& When I sent mail manually this was not an issue.& Also, $mail_sent = @mail( $to, $subject, $message, $headers ); wouldn't work but $mail_sent = mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers); did.Lack of date_default_timezone_set() only caused a warning because php guessed what it should be.This worked:&?php$to& & & = '';$subject = 'the subject';$message = 'hello';$headers = 'From: ' . "\r\n" .& & 'Reply-To: ' . "\r\n" .& & 'X-Mailer: PHP/' . phpversion();ini_set ( "SMTP", "smtp-" ); date_default_timezone_set('America/New_York');mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);?& And just so you can troubleshoot, this worked when sending mail from the command line/manually. CLI worked even though the php code without the init_set function wouldn't work. You will notice that the "rcpt to" and "to" fields appear redundant, but if both are not used, the delivered mail's "to" field will be blank/empty.-------------------------------telnet
25helomail from: rcpt to: datato: subject: test again to make surethis is my message .quit-----------------------------------
If you are having problems changing the Sender and Return-Path headers, make sure that you are editing the right configuration file. On my CentOS 5.6:
[root@server mail]# ll /usr/sbin/sendmail
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 Oct 26& 2009 /usr/sbin/sendmail -& /etc/alternatives/mta
[root@server mail]# ll /etc/alternatives/mta
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 23 Apr& 9 07:48 /etc/alternatives/mta -& /usr/sbin/sendmail.exim
[root@server mail]# ll /usr/sbin/sendmail.exim
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Apr& 9 07:45 /usr/sbin/sendmail.exim -& exim
I spent some time trying to figure out why my changes to the sendmail.mc file were being ignored. Naturally, Exim configuration is different than Sendmail. You need to edit the /etc/exim/exim.conf file instead:
remote_smtp:
& driver = smtp
& return_path =
& headers_rewrite = apache@*
^ Don't forget the "s" at the end. See this page for more information:
If you are OK with displaying the apache user name (ie "Sender: apache@") in the email header, then just update the qualify_domain configuration option in the same file.
qualify_domain =
This will fix the domain only (ie "Sender: ").
Why mb_send_mail() is not listed in See Also section?It's very handy for "something other than ASCII" users.
The work-around for a large quantity of recipients is putting the adresses in the header-section as Bcc adresses.
In this way the mail()-function opens and closes the SMTP connection only once:
&?php
$count_recip= count($recip);$count='0';
$headers.="Bcc: ";
while($count & $count_recip){
$headers.=$recip[$count].", ";
$count ++;
}
$headers.="\r\n";
?&
correction for class multipartmail&?phpfunction addmessage($msg = "", $ctype = "text/plain"){& & & && $this-&parts[0] ....?&if you are adding attachment first and then addmessage you can easy overwrite added attachment - better use &?phpfunction addmessage($msg = "", $ctype = "text/plain"){& & & && $this-&parts[count($this-&parts)] ....?&
A quick note about the optional flags that can be passed to sendmail. -f will set the From address, -r will override the default Return-path that sendmail generates (typically the From address gets used). If you want your bouncebacks to go to a different address than the from address, try using both flags at once: "-f
Send Multi attachment email &?phpfunction multi_attach_mail($to, $files, $sendermail){& & $from = "Files attach &".$sendermail."&"; & & $subject = date("d.M H:i")." F=".count($files); & & $message = date("Y.m.d H:i:s")."\n".count($files)." attachments";& & $headers = "From: $from"; & & $semi_rand = md5(time()); & & $mime_boundary = "==Multipart_Boundary_x{$semi_rand}x";
& & $headers .= "\nMIME-Version: 1.0\n" . "Content-Type: multipart/\n" . " boundary=\"{$mime_boundary}\"";
& & $message = "--{$mime_boundary}\n" . "Content-Type: text/ charset=\"iso-8859-1\"\n" .& & "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit\n\n" . $message . "\n\n";
& & for($i=0;$i&count($files);$i++){& & & & if(is_file($files[$i])){& & & & & & $message .= "--{$mime_boundary}\n";& & & & & & $fp =& & @fopen($files[$i],"rb");& & & & $data =& & @fread($fp,filesize($files[$i]));& & & & & & & & & & @fclose($fp);& & & & & & $data = chunk_split(base64_encode($data));& & & & & & $message .= "Content-Type: application/octet- name=\"".basename($files[$i])."\"\n" . & & & & & & "Content-Description: ".basename($files[$i])."\n" .& & & & & & "Content-Disposition:\n" . " filename=\"".basename($files[$i])."\"; size=".filesize($files[$i]).";\n" . & & & & & & "Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64\n\n" . $data . "\n\n";& & & & & & }& & & & }& & $message .= "--{$mime_boundary}--";& & $returnpath = "-f" . $sendermail;& & $ok = @mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers, $returnpath); & & if($ok){ return $i; } else { return 0; }& & }?&
Problems with Microsoft Exchange and PHP as ISAPI-module
We found out, that if you want to send multipart mime emails using the PHP mail-function on a Windows box using a Microsoft Exchange server, you have to use separate containers for the mail body and the mail header.
In many examples like in
or in the book PHP developers cookbook you find html multipart/alternative mailing solutions that build the mime header and the mail body into one PHP variable and send this as fourth argument (header) to the PHP mail-function. This works fine on most systems but not on the above mentioned combination.
We found a rather trivial solution: Simply split the mime mail header and the mail body into two separate variables and give them separately to the PHP mail function, example:
&?php
$headers = "From: webserver@localhost\r\n";
$headers .= "MIME-Version: 1.0\r\n";
$boundary = uniqid("HTMLDEMO");
$headers .= "Content-Type: multipart/ boundary = $boundary\r\n\r\n";
$body = "--$boundary\r\n" .
&& "Content-Type: text/ charset=ISO-8859-1\r\n" .
&& "Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64\r\n\r\n";
$body .= chunk_split(base64_encode("This is the plain text version!"));
$body .= "--$boundary\r\n" .
&& "Content-Type: text/ charset=ISO-8859-1\r\n" .
&& "Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64\r\n\r\n";
$body .= chunk_split(base64_encode("This the &b&HTML&/b& version!"));
mail("root@localhost", "An HTML Message", $body, $headers);
?&
This is my solution of problems with Windows Mail on Vista. I got some of the headers in the mail body as plain text. When I removed '\r' and left just '\n' at the end of the two last lines of header it worked. This error didn't show up in my yahoo mail.
&?php
& & $body = "&html&\n";
& & $body .= "&body style=\"font-family:Verdana, Verdana, Geneva, sans- font-size:12 color:#666666;\"&\n";
& & $body = $message;
& & $body .= "&/body&\n";
& & $body .= "&/html&\n";
& &
& & $headers& = "From: My site&&\r\n";
& & $headers .= "Reply-To: \r\n";
& & $headers .= "Return-Path: \r\n";
& & $headers .= "X-Mailer: Drupal\n";
& & $headers .= 'MIME-Version: 1.0' . "\n";
& & $headers .= 'Content-type: text/ charset=iso-8859-1' . "\r\n";
& &
& & return mail($recipient, $subject, $message, $headers);
?&
Users of Mac OS X Server need to activate SMTP part of the Mailserver before this is working.Also note that if the ISP has blocked port 25 outgoing, you run into problems. You can find more info about this in the SMTP server log in Server Admin application if you run OSX Server.
If you follow the suggested format for the $to field, you can list multiple addresses in a comma-delimited string with spaces.The spaces could be an issue if you're experiencing a similar problem.& I was unable to send an e-mail to multiple addresses using that format.& It started working for me when I removed all of the spaces in the $to string.Example:&?php$to = ',,'; mail($to, 'the subject', 'the message');?&
After banging my head against the wall, I realized after my host updated PHP that the From line in the header requires quotes around the name where before it worked regardless. Otherwise it will report success, and not sent. $headers .= 'From: "'. $Name . '" &' . $Email . '&' . "\r\n";
The article mentioned below is quite good to understand the problem of header injection. However, it suggests the following as a solution: look for "\n" and "\r" inside your user input fields (especially in those used for the $header param) and, if found reject the mail. Allthough this will probably work I still believe it is better to have a "white list" of allowed characters instead of a "black list" with forbidden characters.Example:If you want a user to enter his name, then allow characters only!If you want a user to enter his email adress, then check if the entry is a valid email adress.Doing so might automatically solve problems which you didn't think of when you created the "black list". For SMTP headers colons are needed. If you check for a valid email adress the hacker won't be able to enter colons inside that form field.I suggest using regular expressions for those checks.For more information about regular expressions see:
I found out that a ms server (ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 5.0.) also had the problem using CRLF in the headers:If messages are not received, try using a LF (\n) only. Some poor quality Unix mail transfer agents replace LF by CRLF automatically (which leads to doubling CR if CRLF is used). This should be a last resort, as it does not comply with RFC 2822.The suggested fix works. Sander

我要回帖

更多关于 c mailaddress 的文章

随机推荐